Display Issues

Started by Lord Mayerling, June 12, 2011, 08:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Mayerling

For the first time ever on E, I am having issues with how the pages display in my browser. The main issue is the posting action. The text box doesn't close on the right, so the text doesn't wrap. My typing is displayed as a continuous line, and no scroll bar appears so I can't get back over to the left to see anything, or press any buttons. I'm using IE8, but I always have before, and not had this problem until today. Please note, using a different browser is not a viable solution for me.

Mithlomwen

I'm having the same problem. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Caeli

I believe this has something to do with the update. If I'm not mistaken, Vekseid was already notified about this problem, so hopefully a fix will be soon in the making. :)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Administrator

It's a css issue. Unfortunately I baked the previous css for some nice efficiency gains, so it will take a bit for me to straighten things out, as I didn't do it 'properly' last time so there's a lot of code I need to reapply. And then the host decided to have an outage so I was out for an hour and a half. So glad that didn't happen in the middle of the update : /

Am working on it now.
Those who expect service must first learn to serve.

Lord Mayerling

Elina

Just in case it's relevant, mine's on Firefox.

Vekseid

Shift + reload or otherwise clear your cache if it isn't fixed for you.

Oreo

Veks, cleaning the cache fixed the quick reply window for me, but there is still a right to left scroll bar at the bottom of the page and the Reply Text Window is still open on the right.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Izzy1337

hi, i'm new, mine is also broken and i dunno what clearing the cache means or how to do it. is it the link at the top of the page that says clear elliquiy cookies, or something different? any help is greatly appreciated, tyvm!
Fire is my Element, and I love to play with it; Water is my Passion, and I live to play with it.

Elina

Izzy, try shift + refresh.  That worked for me.

Lilias

I'm fine on Firefox 3.6.17, and clearing the cache fixed the issue on Chrome as well.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Izzy1337

The shift+refresh seemed to have worked on posts(ie-here), but not for my on/off thingy...
Fire is my Element, and I love to play with it; Water is my Passion, and I live to play with it.

Oniya

Same here - worked for the standard posting window, but my 'Roleplaying Preferences' screen is still in need of a word-wrap.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

ReijiTabibito

Posting Window is still broken for me.  And I've clicked the link to clear cookies twice as well as done the shift+refresh trick.

EDIT:  It's fixed now.  Not really sure what I did.

Vekseid

Clear cache if shift+refresh doesn't work. Clearing cookies won't help with this.

Flower

Zakharra

Quote from: Vekseid on June 12, 2011, 09:09:08 AM
Shift + reload or otherwise clear your cache if it isn't fixed for you.

This is going to sound stupid but...  How do you Shift+ Refresh, and find the cache?

Oniya

Somewhere on your browser toolbar is a button for reloading the page.  Hold the shift-key and click it.  See if that works first.  As far as clearing the cache, what browser are you using?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Zakharra

Firefox.  I just tried the shift-click and  it didn't work.

Oniya

Okay - clearing the cache is called 'Clearing recent history' on the Fire side.  It's located under Tools on your menu bar in 4.0.1.  If you can't find it there, look under Tools, Options, and Privacy.

Zakharra

Yup, that seems to have worked.  :)

Zaphod

Hi,

I am having some display issues while browsing E on my BlackBerry Bold.

Certain sections of the forum like the Storytelling section display perfectly like they do on my laptop browser. But PMs and Light Human sections don't. The profile info takes up half the screen which leaves only half the screen for the post. Only 5 words of the post display in a line and I have to scroll endlessly.

Is there a way to fix this?

Vekseid

Are you using the Wap2 version or?

Zaphod

I am using the full version, not WAP2. This board displays perfectly. So does the Sent Items in PM. But the Inbox has a weird alignment. Can it be a TCP issue on my network?