A interest call: 3.5 DnD Unique Devil/Demon Campaign in Hell/Abyss (closed FULL)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 08, 2011, 06:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 09, 2011, 02:58:49 PM
Immortality is not cheap dear ;). But to be gentle I let you have the phylactery made and the gems for 25% of normal price.

Alright, that's much more affordable. ^^ Before, it would have taken more money than I actually had.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 09, 2011, 03:08:31 PM
I know. But that's not much of a consolation.

Anyone know of a way to suppress/negate Freedom of Movement? I've got absurd grappling bonuses, and would like to make use of them.

...hmm...would Permanent Emanation work for a Spell-Like Ability instead of a spell?

I'd like to ask the same question about the free Automatic Quicken Spell that the Demilich gets.

PaleEnchantress

You know my tyrannical vampire sea god-ling would adore having a strong muscle bound titan companion to abuse *hint hint* Just in case anyone is a physical submissive type.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Karasu

Thsi is actually a character I used on a different RP but if I tweaked it to 3.5 rules could I use him? XD

Name: Kahserai (Kaz for short) (Known to mortals as: Death, or Grim Reaper)
God/Goddess of: Death
Faction/Side: Nuetral due to his job
Abilities: Soul Take (Explains itself actually, he can take the soul of another ONLY if that soul is to die at that time or has died within the past 3 days) And Death's Warning (He can give a warning of death for someone close to his target only three times a week)
Weakness: He cannot take a soul that is not at death's door already, he cannot kill a mortal at whim (they have to be ready to die at their appointed time first) Seraz is a good one, he wouldn't allow any harm to come to her.

Human Age: 25 (looks 20)
Gender: He generally chooses a male form, or A skeletal form
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual but he usually comes off as not caring of sexes

Visual Appearance:
Physical Appearance: Seen in either a human or Skeletal form, the human is quite attractive with royal purple hair flowing to his upper back (that's down to the nipples for the front), pale skin, and yellow cat's eyes (To mortals he explains this as merely having special contacts) He is muscular but lean, looking strong without appearing overly muscular. His clothing is often a black tunic with Dark blue or black cape and white overscarf pinned with a blue jewel that appears to have two wings growing off one side of it. His skeletal form mere wears a jet black robe that appears to be made of pure darkness

Personality: He is generally withdrawn from others and more often than not will be the butt of a few morbid jokes. Most gods like to avoid him, for he is Death and mortals tend to think him either handsome or utterly strange. On his own He is just, himself.. He will generally hang out with Seraz, his contracted companion either in her human form (on the mortal plane) or her beast form (anywhere else)
History: "I.. Am Death. None can Excell" If one dies, I am sent to collect their souls for final judgement and deliverence to the eylisian Paradise or Eternal damnation in the Underworld. By my side is Seraz, a soul beast. With her by my side, I am able to track down souls that are soon to leave from this world. I am not the only god of death, but I am the best at my charge. To Mortals I am known as the Grim reaper of Death, but to my fellow brother and sister gods, I am Kahserai, by my name am I summoned to them, for only they know my name. "I'll open the doors to Heaven, or Hell."

Role play sample: Kaz removed his death scythe from the ground it had embedded itself as a white fox beside him held a soul cage in her mouth. "Good work, Seraz, let's see where this one goes." Kaz would say as he gazed into the cage he took from her mouth. Seraz shifted to human form and looked with him. "I sense a pure soul Kaz, This one deserves the paradise of the afterlife." Kaz nodded. "I agree, her only sin was that she loved her family." Besides the usual sins of course, Kaz usually forgave minor ones if the soul had done a good deed, like that one had. "Go with blessings Serena Johnston, your mortal life is over now, paradise awaits you." He said with an echoey tone that ment he was speaking in death tongue, allowing the soul to pass through the gates of heaven, into the eylisian paradise.

MYTHICAL BEAST

Name: Seraz
Contracted: Yes

Contractor: Kahserai

Has a human form: yes

Sexual Orientation: Bi-Curious

Visual Appearance (Beast form and human form):
Human:
Beast: (more often seen in this) 
Physical Appearance: Beast form: Pure white fox bearing three tails and Crimson eyes.
Human form: Pure white hair that flows like a wave of snow down to her knees and soft pale crimson eyes. Generally she will wear a kimono of white or pale blue and wear a Pendent bearing a blue jewel that appears to have two wings growing off one side of it, pinned to her white shawl.

Abilities: Soul Trace (Allows her to track a target soul given full name and mental image), Death Mark (allows her to mark a soul for her contracted), Soul Entrance (She can Entrance a mortal soul into following her voice), and Soul Cage (Obviously, She can trap a soul for no longer than 1 month)
Weakness: One being that her powers are bound unless the contracted releases them the other being that she is actually quite naive at times and soft spoken.

Personality: With anyone but her contracted, she is soft spoken and somewhat shy, this seems to change when in her beast form, but usually she will nto speak unless made to. When she is with Kaz alone she will be a bit more outgoing and eager.
History: She is a soul fox, a kitsune whose duty it is to contract herself with a god of death and escourt souls to their final resting place. While Seraz has never been very eager or outgoing in her human form, her beast form is always ready to do her job.

Role play sample: Kaz removed his death scythe from the ground it had embedded itself as a white fox beside him held a soul cage in her mouth. "Good work, Seraz, let's see where this one goes." Kaz would say as he gazed into the cage he took from her mouth. Seraz shifted to human form and looked with him. "I sense a pure soul Kaz, This one deserves the paradise of the afterlife." Kaz nodded. "I agree, her only sin was that she loved her family." Besides the usual sins of course, Kaz usually forgave minor ones if the soul had done a good deed, like that one had. "Go with blessings Serena Johnston, your mortal life is over now, paradise awaits you." He said with an echoey tone that ment he was speaking in death tongue, allowing the soul to pass through the gates of heaven, into the eylisian paradise.
Removed, due to vandalism.

PaleEnchantress

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 09, 2011, 03:21:35 PM
You know my tyrannical vampire sea god-ling would adore having a strong muscle bound titan companion to abuse *hint hint* Just in case anyone is a physical submissive type.

...I don't suppose you'd have an opening for an attractive red-headed caster-type with a base 42 Charisma? ^^;

Xerial

Arg, need to come up with 6 more CR worth of templates for my really, really, sleep deprived idea.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 09, 2011, 03:21:35 PM

I don't suppose you'd like to share an abyssal layer with my tyrannical soul-eating sky god-ling, willingly or otherwise? :D

Only Cha 22...but lots of tentacles.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 09, 2011, 03:26:32 PM
...I don't suppose you'd have an opening for an attractive red-headed caster-type with a base 42 Charisma? ^^;

Aha we both have a caster focused character who has the same charisma!

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 09, 2011, 03:28:35 PM
I don't suppose you'd like to share an abyssal layer with my tyrannical soul-eating sky god-ling, willingly or otherwise? :D

Hmm I might consider it, one above and one below.

Snake

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 09, 2011, 03:29:12 PM
Aha we both have a caster focused character who has the same charisma!

Should be interesting to see them alongside one another, then. ;D

Though, to increase my own prospects of being selected?  Both Alter Self and Polymorph at-will, CL 21.  So I can go from being a floating head to being as muscular as you want. ;) (to say nothing of the obligatory bad jokes about giving head... :P )

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 09, 2011, 03:30:10 PM
Hmm I might consider it, one above and one below.

Exactly. A plane that's nothing but an infinite storm-wracked ocean, you down underwater and me up in the sky.

Tentacles all around!

Zaer Darkwail

Okay, lots questions around;

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 09, 2011, 03:02:51 PM
I think my character is going to be a self proclaimed god of beauty and tyranny. Lives under the abyssal sea and has tentacles from the waist down as well as plack tendrels which make non functioning wings.

Step 1: Take a Radiant Idol - Chose a domain to represent my Godly portfolio (probably lust , tyranny, pride ect)

Step 2: Apply Templates - Half Water elemental, Phenric, Unseelie, Terror Vampire, and Vampire Lord

Step 3: Take 3 levels of master Vampire

Step 4: Add 8 Outsider HD (we decided it was 2 outsider HD for 1 cr increase right?)

Step 5: Use my Cult ability to keep high in the soul trade and raise humanoids like cattle to be plucked harvested and devoured at my whim. All under the hellish oceans within my "godly" domain.

Actually Can I have a piece of property on Godstreet in the city of Dis?

1: It's okay.

2: Are okay. Altough where from is terror vampire?

3: Okay, it works.

4: Each 2 CR gives 4 outsider HD. So to get 8 HD you increase CR by four.

5: Fluff wise works, but gives no greater benefit from others who apply their imps but your case scenario source of soul power is more obvious.

Property in Dis; If your unique devil I find it reasonable request to have place to live in Godstreet.

Quote from: Karasu on December 09, 2011, 03:06:22 PM
I want to be a Kitsune demon!!

It's possible :). Just note appearance is entirely up to you so long it makes sense (and includes natural attacks).

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 09, 2011, 03:08:31 PM
...hmm...would Permanent Emanation work for a Spell-Like Ability instead of a spell? I think I'm going to ply the 'flying squid of doom' theme a bit further as the lord of a storm-themed Abyssal plane, and being surrounded by a constant tornado would be cool.

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 09, 2011, 03:13:49 PM
I'd like to ask the same question about the free Automatic Quicken Spell that the Demilich gets.

To both; Yes. I allow apply the both feats but you need the requirement also spell-alike field wise. Example multispell (which allows extra quickened spell) you would need quicken spell-alike ability and meet requirements. But if demilich gets automatic quicken without requirements then you get it for your spell-alike abilities.

To all: As reminder you will loose all your polymorph, alter self spells. But you can replace them with some other abilities. Example if you got alter self at-will you could ask to have scorching ray at-will. If you got alternative form ability, you keep it (and can theme what forms you take) but they must be unique and striking forms. Doppleganger example looses it's shapechange ability so does raksha.

Anyways remember you cannot increase CL higher than 10 if it's not already beyond 10 by the base race casting ability. If you take PrC which increases it beyond 10 then you either do not take the PrC or gain no caster level increase to beyond 10 CL. Practiced Spellcaster feat helps to have 14 CL or more if need be.

Karasu

i am nto sure I understand. I have Hero lab where i can make a character, but uhh.. I dont understand CR >.<

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 09, 2011, 03:47:16 PM
Okay, lots questions around;

1: It's okay.

2: Are okay. Altough where from is terror vampire?

3: Okay, it works.

4: Each 2 CR gives 4 outsider HD. So to get 8 HD you increase CR by four.

5: Fluff wise works, but gives no greater benefit from others who apply their imps but your case scenario source of soul power is more obvious.

Property in Dis; If your unique devil I find it reasonable request to have place to live in Godstreet.

It's possible :). Just note appearance is entirely up to you so long it makes sense (and includes natural attacks).

To both; Yes. I allow apply the both feats but you need the requirement also spell-alike field wise. Example multispell (which allows extra quickened spell) you would need quicken spell-alike ability and meet requirements. But if demilich gets automatic quicken without requirements then you get it for your spell-alike abilities.

To all: As reminder you will loose all your polymorph, alter self spells. But you can replace them with some other abilities. Example if you got alter self at-will you could ask to have scorching ray at-will. If you got alternative form ability, you keep it (and can theme what forms you take) but they must be unique and striking forms. Doppleganger example looses it's shapechange ability so does raksha.

Anyways remember you cannot increase CL higher than 10 if it's not already beyond 10 by the base race casting ability. If you take PrC which increases it beyond 10 then you either do not take the PrC or gain no caster level increase to beyond 10 CL. Practiced Spellcaster feat helps to have 14 CL or more if need be.

Well so far I don't believe any of us have actual spell-casting, just spell-like abilities. When Kitsuna and I mentioned casting focused it just means we had more spell likes as template pleasure devil and radiant idol opposed to the Glyphstone's Kraken.

Terror Vampire was from a Dragon magazine article that gave variant vampires. You can find  it on page 30 of http://chet.kindredcircle.org/pdf/DnD3.5Index-Templates.pdf 

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 09, 2011, 03:47:16 PM

Ah.  In that case, I'll be replacing my Polymorph at-will ability with the 4th-level Paladin spell Mark of Justice (flavored as the Fiend of Corruption's 'Mark of Iniquity'), and I'll replace my at-will Polymorph with the 2nd-level Cleric spell Augury.

Karasu

Ahem.. Well  talking with the Enchantress, I am dgoing to work on a Black Dragon, Very old, with templates added ;)

Kunoichi

*wonders if this means the spot as PaleEnchantress' underling is already taken*

TheGlyphstone

If it is, you can always be my underling, if you have a fly speed.

@Zaer: For an Epic feat, would you allow a rewrite of the Epic feat Legendary Wrestler (+10 on Grapple checks) to instead allow grappling through a FoM effect? Something like "Opponents you attempt to grapple receive a bonus equal to their caster level (max +20) to resist your grapples, instead of automatically succeeding"?

SomeGuy

So, for the 3 base creatures I posted I'm going to run through the whole creation process for each of them in short.

Choker (CR 2, 3HD) + Half-Farspawn (CR +1, Less then 4HD on base creature) + Creature of Legend (+2 CR) + Paragon (+15 CR) + 3 CR worth of HD ("Each 1 CR gives you 4 HD as outside" so 12 HD) + 4 Barbarian = CR 27, 19 HD (Str 43, Dex 37, Con 44, Int 21, Wis 34, Cha 26)

Spirrax (CR 18, 26HD) + Creature of Legend (+2 CR) + Half-Farspawn (+3 CR) + 4 Fighter = CR 27, 30 HD (Str 44, Dex 18, Con 41, Int 17,  Wis 17, Cha 18)

Geriviar (CR 19, 26HD) + Creature of Legend (+2 CR) + Half-Dragon (+2 CR) 4 Hulking Hurler = CR 27, 30 HD (Str 51, Dex 18, Con 38, Int 15, Wis 19, Cha 22)

Anything I miss?

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 09, 2011, 04:26:32 PM
*wonders if this means the spot as PaleEnchantress' underling is already taken*

There is always room for jello. I also enjoy having people play NPC's I work with, my create spawn and cult abilities you could always play a npc servant of me even if our characters dotn work out.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: SomeGuy on December 09, 2011, 04:34:34 PM
So, for the 3 base creatures I posted I'm going to run through the whole creation process for each of them in short.

Choker (CR 2, 3HD) + Half-Farspawn (CR +1, Less then 4HD on base creature) + Creature of Legend (+2 CR) + Paragon (+15 CR) + 3 CR worth of HD ("Each 1 CR gives you 4 HD as outside" so 12 HD) + 4 Barbarian = CR 27, 19 HD (Str 43, Dex 37, Con 44, Int 21, Wis 34, Cha 26)

Spirrax (CR 18, 26HD) + Creature of Legend (+2 CR) + Half-Farspawn (+3 CR) + 4 Fighter = CR 27, 30 HD (Str 44, Dex 18, Con 41, Int 17,  Wis 17, Cha 18)

Geriviar (CR 19, 26HD) + Creature of Legend (+2 CR) + Half-Dragon (+2 CR) 4 Hulking Hurler = CR 27, 30 HD (Str 51, Dex 18, Con 38, Int 15, Wis 19, Cha 22)

Anything I miss?

Yeah, Zaer fixed his error a few posts down - Outsiders are +1/2 CR per HD, not +1/4.

SomeGuy

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 09, 2011, 04:36:14 PM
There is always room for jello. I also enjoy having people play NPC's I work with, my create spawn and cult abilities you could always play a npc servant of me even if our characters dotn work out.

Hooray, there's still room for me to be a minion of the tyrannical undersea vampire god, then. ;D

Though, I should note that I've got my own servant-creating abilities, as well, what with at-will Create Undead and Greater Create Undead, as well as 2/day Greater Planar Ally...

SomeGuy

Hrm, going to eliminate Geriviar.

Spirrax means I could be buddies with Glyph as flying tentacle monsters. Choker sorta reminds me of Gollum and just seems amusing.