Xbox One Vs PS4 - Next Gen gaming

Started by Moraline, May 21, 2013, 03:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

So... Who is still buying Xbox the last?
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Slywyn

Quote from: Falanor on June 10, 2013, 10:49:26 PM
And you get four free games with it and more every month.

Didn't know that.
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Slywyn on June 10, 2013, 11:04:11 PM
Didn't know that.

Uncharted 3 and Saints Row are part of this months free stuff out tomorrow.  I have like 7 or 8 games that still cost 30+ bucks.  Also, if you download one of the free games but don't have room for a new one I believe you can still redownload the original title you had free.

Koren

My only problem with PS+ is that if you stop paying you lose access to the free games etc. Worth it while you pay but I really dont have that many multiplayer games, and the ones I do I dont play so I dont think I'll worry about it anyway

Falanor

Quote from: Koren on June 10, 2013, 11:15:35 PM
My only problem with PS+ is that if you stop paying you lose access to the free games etc. Worth it while you pay but I really dont have that many multiplayer games, and the ones I do I dont play so I dont think I'll worry about it anyway

But when you start paying again you get full access to the games you already owned.  There's a bright side in that.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Koren on June 10, 2013, 11:15:35 PM

Yeah, it is there for people who play online.  I'm getting Destiny and I think Watchdogs has online features so I'll keep up my subscription.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Falanor on June 10, 2013, 11:17:28 PM
But when you start paying again you get full access to the games you already owned.  There's a bright side in that.

+1

Koren

Ive got so many games with multiplayer I haven't even touched. Tomb Raider, God of War, Red Dead, AC3 etc. Just isnt worth it for me really.
Depends on if they release new details etc about how it works or what games come out in the future I suppose

Chris Brady

Assuming I had the money, I'd go whole hog.  But I doubt I'll even be getting a PS4, as much as I want to.

And Saffron linked this to the IRC chat:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/4b406857ae78405ec5157969e19cfac8/tumblr_mo7jbcoCjn1qce7tgo1_r2_500.gif
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

So found out on Angry Joes twitter that the exclusive Killer instinct is being codeveloped by Double Helix, known for the games G.I. Joe rise of cobra, Green Lantern and Battleship the movie game....

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 10, 2013, 11:31:40 PM
Assuming I had the money, I'd go whole hog.  But I doubt I'll even be getting a PS4, as much as I want to.

And Saffron linked this to the IRC chat:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/4b406857ae78405ec5157969e19cfac8/tumblr_mo7jbcoCjn1qce7tgo1_r2_500.gif

Saw that link on crunchy roll.

http://kotaku.com/the-playstation-4-is-region-free-512543811

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Moraline

Quotehttp://kotaku.com/sony-just-smacked-the-xbox-one-in-the-mouth-512492046

"The Xbox One costs $499? Oh, OK, the PlayStation 4 costs $399. The Xbox One imposes online checks? The PS4 doesn't. The Xbox One has restrictions on the use of your disc-based games? The PS4 does no such thing.

It's a series of calculated business decisions - and they are calculated, right down to the fact Microsoft's policies were directly referenced by Sony on-stage - that have resulted in one of the most lop-sided public reactions to an E3 press conference in recent memory. No wonder Jack Tretton spent the last 20 minutes giggling like a schoolgirl.

Seriously, people are going crazy. Twitter and forums are overflowing with people declaring everything from "BEST E3 EVER" to "RIP XBOX ONE". I've been doing this job for a long time now, and I've never seen a reaction like it."

More Meme Fun

Moraline

Quote from: Koren on June 11, 2013, 07:29:07 AM
I really, really don't like that.
That it exists, that it belongs to such a powerful company, anything
What is it? (I refuse to click on random links.)

ShadowFox89

Patents Microsoft has on the ability to record data gathered from what it records with the connect and what to do with it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Oreo

I'm doing the Oreo Double Stuff Plan. I will be buying a spare 360, for my pile of games, in case the one I have now breaks. Buying a spare PS3 for the same reason. (Is thrilled that they are making FF15 for PS3 and PS4.

>_> Give me a break on the FF games. I didn't start playing until FF13, so I am looking forward to 15. Was afraid I would have to buy the PS4 to play it.

I'll get the PS4 next year, likely with a Holiday bundle. I will call it George...and I will hug it, and squeeze it, and play with it.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Inkidu

Yeah, that's actually the biggest thing from keeping me from buying a PS4. I didn't really like the exclusivity of Sony's line-up. They had lots of stuff I wanted to play, but nothing that sold me on the console. Also, I'm a bit miffed that Sony ruined God of War by making such poor sequels. (they're fun, but in the heart of the original they simply make Kratos a petulant irredeemable rage monster instead of a tragic figure).

I guess PC. Microsoft does have franchises I really like, but looking at my library I buy multiplatform mostly so PCs probably getting all my money love. So I can get mostly all the games I want and even the few Microsoft exclusives I like.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Koren

Quote from: Moraline on June 11, 2013, 07:39:17 AM
What is it? (I refuse to click on random links.)

Its a patent that effectively allows microsoft to use the kinect to record voice and camera footage at any stage under the pretext of gathering 'player responsiveness' feedback and save and upload it to their public servers, which then by default makes it accessible by the government as corporate property.
Its also linked to accounts under the context of being able to reward players for doing certain things, which also means if you think about it that all of the information gathered would be stored in tandumn with your account information making none of it anonymous and making you easily traceable at any time, along with anyone you connect to
aka, someone watches a movie at your house, that then links your account to theirs even if you aren't Xbox friends because of the association of data.

Also allows that data to be used to assess and evaluate your potential for certain things such as advertisements and your repetitiveness to it. Aka if the camera detects a person drinking coca cola, it allows the console to then display more coca cola advertisements, and a mark that you are receptive to that can be put on your account

This is specifically to do with game playing but also the TV features the Xbox will allow.
Aka, if it goes far enough it could allow custom made add breaks to be shown suited to what it thinks you may like

ALL WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION!

Boxy

I know that companies are never as altruistic as they would like to seem, but Microsoft's greed shows the most and I can not find myself supporting them no matter what exclusives they have.  I can go without games like Halo if it means I can help put a stop to this anti-consumer bs.  I may look at the PS4 as I don't know much about it, but otherwise my gaming in the near future will probably only consist of getting Killer is Dead in a few months and hopefully getting a WiiU for the Wind Waker remake, and maybe getting a PS3.  I just hope MGS5 is still going to be released on current gen consoles.

RedFangedWerehawk

Some of MS's decisions about the Xbone are so poor that I think there must be something else that we are missing. Something big business. They have so many great minds at that company that they must either be really confident with their exclusives and target market or they are knowingly taking a huge risk...

...Or maybe they just made a ton of bad choices and dun goofed.

Slywyn

The Xbone is marketed to people with far too much money and not enough sense. Just look at the way it's made.

"Oh my game can't even turn on without <insert new tech here that happens to be kinect>"

"Oh my game doesn't even connect to your old fashioned analog TVs, you have to have HDMI to play"

"Oh my console costs more than yours it's obviously better"

"I can control my entire TV and cable with just my Xbox"

"Mine won't even turn on if you don't have internet"

etc
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

ShadowFox89

It's made for impulse buyers, the biggest idiots out there.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SinXAzgard21

For the KH fans.... KH3 will also be on Xbox the last.