Classic X-Men (Openings for Canon's Coming! OCs Welcome! LGBT Friendly!)

Started by LunarSage, August 28, 2011, 12:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

The X-Men are a band of mutant terrorists who will not rest until the whole of humanity is under their heel... or so says the media.  Some give a different take, however.  Some think they are trying to do the best they can to protect a world that hates and fears them from mutants who would try and subjugate mankind.  The X-Men themselves would say that the latter is the truth, but more than that they are a family.  Banded together from all over the world at Charles Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, nestled in Westchester County in upstate New York, the X-Men train every day to ensure that they have control over their powers so that not only are they not the danger to society that many think they are, but so they can effectively face the threats to themselves and to humanity that comes as part of being superheroes.

This game will be freeform and will involve players having the opportunity to play either canon X-Men characters or original mutants who are either already X-Men or new students hoping to master their nascent mutant abilities.  Feel free to come up with anything you'd like, but remember, too many powers and you might not get approved.  That said, I'm not looking for characters who are barely superhuman.  Y'all are superheroes, or at least superheroes in training.  I want you to be super.  Note, if the character in question is obviously more powerful than any of the canon X-Men, he or she probably won't be approved.  Magneto and Juggernaut are very powerful, but they're also villains.  Heroes have to band together to take out threats like them. 

Setting will be modern, though in terms of the team and canon events having taken place, we're using the X-Men from the mid 90s... Jim Lee/Chris Claremont era.  If you've read the comics, think around the time of X-Men (as opposed to Uncanny X-Men)#1.  The X-Men are all living fairly peacefully at the mansion under the watchful eye of Professor X and the two field leaders, Storm and Cyclops.  This is most definitely a game based on the 616 (mainstream) comics, rather than the movies.  A few notes...

-Wolverine still has the adamantium.  Magneto never ripped it out of him.

-Angel is still Archangel.  He still has his deadly metal wings, though his personality is very much a happier one rather than dark and brooding if you choose to RP that (to anyone who wishes to play him).

-Jean and Cyclops are engaged (if the players so wish) or not, depending on what those players desire.  Heck, if they want, they could both be single.

-No Phoenix Force attached to Jean or Rachel.  The Phoenix left Earth when it's clone body of Jean died on the moon.

-Rogue permanently has Ms Marvel's old powers.

-Professor X had his legs fixed by Lilandra's people a couple years back, but when he returned and had to face the Shadow King, his legs were once again crushed.

-Characters like Kitty Pryde and Jubilee are at least 16 years old, per site rules.

-Relationships in the comics are not set in stone.  Just because Colossus and Kitty had a relationship in the comics doesn't mean they did in this game, for example.

-If you're going to play a canon character, please do some research if you don't know the character so you can play them (basically) true to form.  No one is judging how you RP, but I would like to avoid things like Jubilee played as a hardened murderous veteran, for example.  Just really off the wall way out there stuff.  Make the character your own, but pay homage to the original.

Here is a list of available characters.  Players are permitted one canon and one original character.  I may at some point allow people to play a villain, but for now let's just stick with X-Men.

NOTE:

If you have a question about any canons not listed, feel free to ask!

ORIGINAL CHARACTERS ARE ACCEPTED FOR APPROVAL

CHARACTER LIST

Canons:

• Forge - AVAILABLE
  • Psylocke - AVAILABLE
  • Banshee - AVAILABLE
  • Bishop - AVAILABLE
  • Longshot - AVAILABLE
  • Polaris - AVAILABLE
  • Wolfsbane - AVAILABLE
  • Rictor - AVAILABLE
  • Boom Boom - AVAILABLE
  • Professor X - (NPC)
  • Beast -  (NPC)
  • Archangel - (apygoos)
  • Iceman - (TheBlackThrone)
  • Nightcrawler - (Emmykins)
  • Cyclops - (LunarSage)
  • Gambit - (LunarSage)
  • Colossus - (LunarSage)
  • Dazzler - (Pumpkin Seeds)
  • Storm - (Lady Lunarius)
  • Rogue - (Imogen)
  • Havok - (Imogen)
  • Jubilee - (Josietta)
  • Jean Grey - (CurvyKitten)
  • Wolverine - (TheBlackThrone)
  • Chamber - (Sasquatch421)
  • Shadowcat - (Imogen)
  • Majik (Rainbowrian)
  • Cannonball (Sasquatch421)
  • Marrow (Swordsman18)

Original Characters:

• Force - (LunarSage)
  • Echo - (CurvyKitten)
  • Hayley - (CurvyKitten)
  • Santana - (CurvyKitten)
  • Beast Girl (CurvyKitten)
  • Terabyte - (Josietta)
  • Joshua - (Josietta)
  • Nevan - (Crowe)
  • Alexandri - (RainbowRian)
  • Scarlet - (RainbowRian)
  • Eris (Rainbowrian)
  • Alexi - (Sasquatch421)
  • Ahyisha - (Lady Lunarius)
  • Mirror (Lady Lunarius)
  • Steele - (Josietta)
  • Law - (TheBlackThrone)
  • Sapphire (TamaRose)
  • Jaguar (apygoos)
  • Solari (apygoos)
  • Fox Fire (Sasquatch421)
  • Nuo (Pumpkin Seeds)

NOTE:  Strength in Marvel uses the following table.  The weights listed are the maximum that can be lifted with minimal effort.  By exerting yourself you can lift one category above your 'limit' for short periods.

Underdeveloped Strength: Lift (press) 20 lbs or less

Human strength with little to no exercise: Lift (press) approximately 50 lbs

Human strength with regular exercise: Lift (press) approximately 200 lbs

Human strength with intensive regular exercise: Lift (press) approximately 400 lbs

Maximum Human strength: Lift (press) approximately 800 lbs

Low End Superhuman strength: Lift (press) approximately 1 ton

Class 10 Superhuman strength: Lift (press) approximately 10 tons (Example: Spider-Man)

Class 50 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) approximately 50 tons (Example: Rogue)

Class 75-80 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) approximately 75-80 tons (Example: Colossus)

Class 100 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) 100+ tons (Example: Hulk or Thor)

FIGHTING SKILL:  Sometimes we want to know just how good someone is at fighting.  Here is a chart to help with this.  Make sure and put your character's fighting skill class number on your sheet under Fighting Skill.  This is to help you gauge fighting ability for RP.  It's not 'stats' per say... just an aid.

Class 1: Little to no training or talent (Your average American)

Class 2: Some natural talent or training (Average military training) (Examples: Jubilee, Iceman)

Class 3: Regular training (Brown Belt Martial Artists, Professional Boxers) (Example: Storm, Cyclops)

Class 4: Intensive training (UFC Contenders, Special Forces Training with experience) (Examples: Gambit, Bishop)

Class 5: Natural Talent with intensive training (High end martial artists) (Examples: Psylocke, Mystique)

Class 6: Superhuman Talent with intensive training (Among the best fighters on the planet) (Examples: Wolverine, Captain America)

I am the main GM of the game, with Josietta as my co-GM. Please PM sheets to both of us for approval.

Character Sheet:

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Nom De Guerre:[/b]

[b]Player Name:[/b]

[b]Sex:[/b]

[b]Height:[/b]

[b]Weight:[/b]

[b]Hair:[/b]

[b]Eyes:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]

[b]Ons:[/b]

[b]Offs:[/b]

[b]Place of Birth:[/b]

[b]Current Nationality:[/b]

[b]Known Relatives:[/b]

[b]Current Occupation:[/b]

[b]Current Place of Residence:[/b] New York

[b]Affiliations:[/b] Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters

[b]Hobbies:[/b]

[b]Origin of Powers:[/b]  Breed Mutant

[b]Strength Level:[/b] (This represents physical strength)

[b]Powers:[/b]

[b]Power Mastery Rank:[/b]

[b]Fighting Skill:[/b] (Class 1-6.  See the rules for such in the Interest Thread.)

[b]Limitations:[/b]

[b]Unusual Features:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b] 

[b]History:[/b]

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

kckolbe

Since multiple "generations" of X-Men are available, how will age work?  Will the original X-Men (like Beast, Jean and Cyclops) be older, having fought for a decade before the newer ones joined, or will Jean still be in her 20s?  I am okay with either answer, just want a set "age".  I ask because I am considering playing Banshee, who was older than the X-Men, which was a big part of his character.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

LunarSage

It works just like standard Marvel time in the comics.  It's been about 13 years since the Fantastic Four took their trip into space... 12 years since the X-Men were founded.  That means Iceman is 28, Warren, Jean and Scott are 30ish and Hank is 31.  The other X-Men are in their early to mid 20s I would think.  Banshee is probably around 38 or so.

I hope that helps.

kckolbe

There was a larger separation, but knowing that does actually help a lot.  Thanks!
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

LunarSage

If you'd like to play a Banshee in his 40s you're more than welcome to.  :-)

kckolbe

Aiden's playing Wolverine?  I might like this game.  So, will there be conflict, or will this game just take place in and around the school?

Intro Thread

Aiden

Is Logan's background generally the same?

I planned on keeping his past history, World war 2, the Weapon X program, Department H- moving to New York when Prof X approached him then picking it up there.

Memory wiped, looking to regain his past and eventually become James...something I wanted to do in the previous game.

EbonyQueen

For completeness sakes... Sheet sent for approval... Though I already do approve myself I can say that!

EbonyQueen

Quote from: kckolbe on August 28, 2011, 12:44:13 PM
Aiden's playing Wolverine?  I might like this game.  So, will there be conflict, or will this game just take place in and around the school?

There will be stuff going on, that is a near guarantee.

LunarSage

Quote from: kckolbe on August 28, 2011, 12:44:13 PM

There will be conflict, not to worry.  As I said, the game will not be entirely sandboxy.  You'll get your action.  :-)

Quote from: Aiden on August 28, 2011, 12:47:54 PM
Is Logan's background generally the same?

I planned on keeping his past history, World war 2, the Weapon X program, Department H- moving to New York when Prof X approached him then picking it up there.

Memory wiped, looking to regain his past and eventually become James...something I wanted to do in the previous game.

Yep all that is the same.  He's been with the X-Men for about 7 years now, but as always he comes and goes as he pleases.

Oh, also...

if you'd like to claim a canon character to play, please express your interest in this thread before submitting your sheet so others know that a given character is not available.

We'll update the list at the top of the thread here as we get character interest.

Kendra

should have asked - is this freeform or system?

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Kendra on August 28, 2011, 03:57:20 PM
should have asked - is this freeform or system?

It will be Freeform, I believe!

LunarSage

NOTE:  Strength in Marvel uses the following table.  The weights listed are the maximum that can be lifted with minimal effort.  By exerting yourself you can lift one category above your 'limit' for short periods.

Underdeveloped Strength: Lift (press) 20 lbs or less

Human strength with little to no exercise: Lift (press) approximately 50 lbs

Human strength with regular exercise: Lift (press) approximately 200 lbs

Human strength with intensive regular exercise: Lift (press) approximately 400 lbs

Maximum Human strength: Lift (press) approximately 800 lbs

Low End Superhuman strength: Lift (press) approximately 1 ton

Class 10 Superhuman strength: Lift (press) approximately 10 tons (Example: Spider-Man)

Class 50 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) approximately 50 tons (Example: Rogue)

Class 75-80 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) approximately 75-80 tons (Example: Colossus)

Class 100 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) 100+ tons (Example: Hulk or Thor)

FIGHTING SKILL:  Sometimes we want to know just how good someone is at fighting.  Here is a chart to help with this.  Make sure and put your character's fighting skill class number on your sheet under Fighting Skill.  This is to help you gauge fighting ability for RP.  It's not 'stats' per say... just an aid.

Class 1: Little to no training or talent (Your average American)

Class 2: Some natural talent or training (Average military training) (Examples: Jubilee, Iceman)

Class 3: Regular training (Brown Belt Martial Artists, Professional Boxers) (Example: Storm, Cyclops)

Class 4: Intensive training (UFC Contenders, Special Forces Training with experience) (Examples: Gambit, Bishop)

Class 5: Natural Talent with intensive training (High end martial artists) (Examples: Psylocke, Mystique)

Class 6: Superhuman Talent with intensive training (Among the best fighters on the planet) (Examples: Wolverine, Captain America)

Kendra:  Yes, it will be freeform.  :-)

EDIT:  I added an Approved Character Sheet thread as well as an OOC Thread

Kendra

excellent ;) here you go ...

Name: Satin Shields

Nom De Guerre: Metallica

Player Name: Kendra

Sex: female

Height: 5'10

Weight: 140lbs

Hair: long deep red

Eyes: pale gray

Sexual Orientation: bisexual

Ons: link

Offs: link

Place of Birth: Hyde Park, Chicago

Current Nationality: American

Known Relatives: parents - Daniel Shields and Penn Metling

Current Occupation: Sports Instructor at Xaviers

Current Place of Residence: New York

Affiliations: Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters

Hobbies: Chess, volleyball, horse riding, absailing

Origin of Powers:  Breed Mutant

Strength Level: Class 50 Superhuman Strength: Lift (press) approximately 50 tons

Powers:
Touching metal causes her body to become enveloped in that particular metals casing but her mutant gene altars it so that it molds to her with the appearance of liquid metal.
It works as a shield protecting her body from bullets, blows, sonic booms, cuts etc. The weight of the metal helps to completely ground her in place almost like a human anchor, while it also gives her super strength. The liquid casing makes her body more maneuverable to run and fight.

Able to  sense physical irregularities - used for detecting breaks in bones, infections, nerve damage, etc - often uses it to detect and exploit weaknesses in opponents she fights.

Fighting Skill: Class 3: Regular training

Limitations: She is normally a fast runner but in her metalic form she becomes encumbered by the weight and slows down to half her normal speed. Her body can handle the transformation for long durations but she becomes extremely physically weak afterwards, to the point where even her normal human strength fails her. It is safer for her to do short periods but not easier. She can not shut off the ability either, so simple things such as using a fork and knife have to be of the plastic variety.

Unusual Features: tattoo on inside right wrist of tribal inscription ‘equality comes at a price’

Appearance:

Personality: 
She has a typical temper associated with her hair colour, though has been taking yoga classes to calm it somewhat. Swift to jump to conclusions and often displays little patience. Gets a hard time for acting first and thinking later.

History: 
Born on the south side of Chicago to two mutant doctors, Satin was doted on from an early age. Her father Daniel Shields watched eagerly for the day when his only child would reveal her abilities. He had the ability as his name suggested to protect his body, to shield it by any means necessary. He could cause a force field to expound from his very core in times of crisis. When humans were about this shield took on the guise of whatever was nearby. A matching wall, another car, a tree. Her mother, Penn Metling had the ability to turn her fingers into any metal weapons or tools. Very useful in surgery.

Satin was aware from a young age that her parents were different and loved how they never tried to influence her decision on anything. Always trying to get her to see things for herself and to get the full story before forming an opinion on anything or anyone. When she turned ten years of age both parents began to worry about her growth. She was very tall even then but never seemed to put on any weight. They ran procedural checks on her but she was healthy and so they merely watched as she grew up. By her thirteenth birthday she was taller than most girls her own age and much thinner than them as well. On holding a few balloons she felt herself get light headed only to hear some of her friends screaming and pointing at her. She had risen a few inches from the ground.

Her parents managed to convince the adolescents in attendance that there had been too much helium in the balloons and stayed by their daughters side for the rest of the day, effectively holding her down. That night as they sat at the dinner table she reached for her fork, as soon as it touched her hand it melded with it. She began to scream not knowing what was going on. Her parents were out of their chairs like lightening watching bewildered but delighted as their daughters entire body began to encase itself in metal. Bit by bit the iron seemed to pour into place until she was covered completely. Though she looked like a liquid silver person, her entire body was actual metal and the chair broke beneath her.

Xavier eventually came and informed the parents about the school he was setting up and that she would be perfect there. She grew to become comfortable with her powers, controlling them perfectly by the time she graduated.

kckolbe

~compares the Metallica from the other X-Men thread to this one~  The years have been kind to her.  Very kind.

Intro Thread

Kendra

*grins* much too kind ;)

been assured this game won't be so swift paced - so hopefully will be able to keep up

Lady Kitsune

I have an interest in Psylocke, if it's not too late?
I am working on it, I swear!

kckolbe

~looks at LK's avi~  ...damn that's hot.  I say we let her in! 

By the way, anyone mind a Banshee without the accent?

Intro Thread

LunarSage

Right on!  Psylocke is most definitely available.  :-)

Work up a sheet using the coded sheet at the top and PM it to myself, Josietta and EbonyQueen.

Also note that this would be the telepathic/psychic knife version of her, not the modern telekinetic teleporting version.

Lady Kitsune

I am working on it, I swear!

LunarSage

LunarSage

Quote from: kckolbe on August 28, 2011, 06:54:42 PM
~looks at LK's avi~  ...damn that's hot.  I say we let her in! 

By the way, anyone mind a Banshee without the accent?

I don't mind, really.  Or you could say he has an accent without making it ridiculous with the emphasis on the "ye" instead of "you" and "me" instead of "my" and such.  Accents can be implied without writing them out phonetically.

I certainly don't plan on playing Peter crying out "Lenin's Ghost!" every other sentence like he used to in the comics, so I don't expect "begorrah" to be the third word out of Sean's mouth every sentence.   ;)

EbonyQueen

Quote from: LunarSage on August 28, 2011, 07:35:35 PM
I don't mind, really.  Or you could say he has an accent without making it ridiculous with the emphasis on the "ye" instead of "you" and "me" instead of "my" and such.

I certainly don't plan on playing Peter crying out "Lenin's Ghost!" every other sentence like he used to in the comics, so I don't expect "begorrah" to be the third word out of Sean's mouth every sentence.   ;)

Every time he says "Lemin's Ghost!" Ororo will stick a magnet to him.

Pumpkin Seeds

Mind if I stick my hand up to join in?

kckolbe

Only if you let me stick my hand somewhere.  ~smirks~

Intro Thread