Here abide dragons (mostly light exotic, look inside)

Started by Mindhazingsquid, September 11, 2009, 10:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mindhazingsquid

Dragons are a thing of myths and legends, everyone knows this... but what if there really was a time where dragons did exist.  What if that time most of them had been hunted down and killed off, leaving only a handful.  What if they slept, waiting for an age in which they could return.

Every century one of the remaining dragons awakens to see if it is safe for their return.  If humans have learned tolerance or have wiped themselves out.

In a modern day setting I'm looking for someone to play a woman who gets abducted by the dragon and finds herself more intrigued than afraid of the dragon. (what?  I never heard of Stockholm syndrome before, why?)

Menarae

I'd totally be game for your dragon plot, if you haven't found a partner already.  Maybe she's an archeologist/archeology student working in the field when she gets kidnapped?
"The other thing about free sex...you get what you pay for."  Red Green

Ons and Offs
Absences Updated May 29, 2011!  Please read!

Status: Working on my internship, and it's sucking up most of my creative energy.

Mindhazingsquid

Hmm, that's something I didn't think of.  I was thinking he'd infiltrate a city and grab someone who intrigued him.  But I do kind of like that better.

Oh yeah, were would you like to me digging?

Menarae

*considers* Oh, I dunno.  Name an ancient culture.  They've all got dragon myths.  I'm most familiar with Egyptian, Greek, and Roman, though I do know a little of the Nordic, Celtic, and Hittite cultures.  And, too, depending on the culture, the dig could be in the middle of a city.  Whoops, I think my nerd colours are showing through...

Ons and Offs

Status: Working on my internship, and it's sucking up most of my creative energy.

Mindhazingsquid

I was imagining kind of your cliche western dragon which I think are Norse in origin.  If you're okay with that.  Of course it can change shape/size and stuff.

I've found only one reference picture that really looks alright.

Menarae

<nerd moment>Those ones appear all over Europe, actually, though the details might vary.</nerd moment>  But Norse works for me.  Let's see...she could be excavating Viking ruins...

Ons and Offs

Mindhazingsquid

Menarae

Sounds good to me.  Anything else you want to discuss?

Ons and Offs

Mindhazingsquid

Menarae

If you've got an idea on how to start, could you, please?

Ons and Offs

Mindhazingsquid

Is light okay for you?  I mean sure it involves kidnapping but it's only really for the begining, you know?

Menarae

Ons and Offs