Descent into Depravity (interest check)

Started by Xantham, August 05, 2011, 05:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xantham

Hello All!  Welcome to my interest thread.

Firstly, DO NOT REPLY to this thread.  Replying will immediately disqualify you from being considered.  Why don't I lock it?  I like to know if people can follow simple directions.  Please PM me with some version of Descent into Depravity as a subject line

Now then, let me hit you with the blurb, describe the game a little, then give you a little background and then...who knows.

Blurb

You received the mysterious letter a week ago.  Dr Gerhart von Fleidermaus, one of the great geniuses of our time had passed away.  You had attended his funeral out of respect as you had worked for the man for some time.  It was only a few days after that, that the letter arrived.  You were invited to his mansion on the following Friday, for a reading of the will.  The letter specified that you would be staying the weekend and that significant others were welcome to join you.  At first you thought it was all a huge joke.  What did you do to deserve to be in his will?  But knowing what his personal fortune must be, you decided to take the letter seriously and prepared to travel to the mansion.

The world was correct, the man was a genius, but having been inside his research facilities and having interacted with the man, you always suspected that his mind was not entirely there.  A bit of a mad scientist, you might say...hell, you had said.  Still, his research into the workings of the brain were groundbreaking in nearly every aspect.  As you arrived at the house, a tall dour-faced butler opened the door.  "Welcome," he drawled slowly.  "Please follow the upstairs maid to your suite.  Once you drop off your belongings, the gathering is in the dining room.  The maid will point out the way."  You take perhaps the last breath of fresh air you may get in a while and head into the musty old mansion following the maid to drop off your stuff and then to the dining room.  A group of heads turns your way and a heavy-set man at the end of the table says, "Ah, the last guests have arrived.  Now we may begin..."

Technical Aspects

The game itself will begin on Friday night and continue until Sunday night when everyone leaves.  It is free-form, but there is GM involvement, as will be explained in a moment.  Time will pass when the GM says so.  I will endeavor to leave no one behind, but it also doesn't matter if you stray behind or ahead a little as the game allows for lots of fudging.  There is a definite end to the game, though, and even a winner, if you want to call them that.

Each "group" has a secret depravity assigned to it.  As the weekend crawls onward, you characters will become more depraved (or not) heading into the depths of hedonism.  There is a statistic that will be private for each character, known only to the player and me.  It is your depravity score.  Everyone starts the game with a 5 and it will drop according to various events and choices the character makes.  The chart below describes the effects of your score.

5-Solid as a Rock.  Nary a stray dirty thought enters your mind.  This doesn't mean you are a prude, just that your secret vice is still a secret.
4-Warm under the Collar.  Visions of Sugar Plums occasionally dance through your head...if Sugar Plums were your dirty secret, that is.
3-Hot under the Collar.  The thought of your dirty little secret is constantly in your head.  You start to imagine others can see it in your eyes.
2-Get the Juices Flowing.  Thought starts to become deed.  It's just once...You can stop anytime...right?
1-Nearly Depraved.  At least you still have a little control over what you do.  Depending on your definition of little, of course.
0-Deeply Depraved.  This is your new life and you love it.

The fun of the game is to play out the slow descent into depravity that your character goes through.  This is not a "have sex at the drop of a hat" game.  At least not in the beginning.  As mentioned above, the characters are not prudes, they like sex, each "group" just has a dirty secret that lives deep in their heart that they have told no one.  It will come to the fore during the game.  The "winner" of the game is the character who manages to hold onto his or her morals the longest.

One thing to remember while playing the game is that while you, the player, may want to descend into depravity quickly, your characters are upstanding citizens at the start who are trying to hold on to their worldview and morals for as long as they can.  If you keep that in mind, it will make for a more interesting time.  Oh, and yes, various members of a "group" may grow depraved at different rates...might make for interesting conversation to say the least... :o

During the course of the game, I, the GM, will be playing a major character, some of the servants (they will have very little interaction and I may ask others to help with servants), and the Mansion, itself.  As the Mansion, I will occasionally be asking characters to make a choice of actions which will affect their depravity scores.  I will PM any changes to the characters depravity score and the player should act accordingly.  Also various actions taken independently will also affect the score, and you will be PM'd as it happens.

Characters

For right now I have three "groups" in mind and a depravity assigned to each.  If you have a different, cool, idea, let me know.  I can add others to the game.  In each group, usually one member worked for or with Dr. Fleidermaus.  The rest are just guests with them.

Group A
The shy newlyweds.  Young and recently married, they were nearly virgins on their wedding night.  However they both share a secret desire to become exhibitionists.

Man -
Woman - Sarah Morgan

Group B
The working relationship.  Both of these people worked at the labs, but they are in a boss/administrative asst. relationship.  One that both would like to become something a little more submissive.  Players can decide who is the boss and who is the Domme.  The boss can be the Domme...or not.

Man - Matthew
Woman -

Group C
The close family.  This family of beautiful people has always harbored a secret desire for the things they are not supposed to have...each other.  Kids are 19-21.  Maybe twins?

Man -
Woman - LovelyGirl
Son - Xantham (might be persuaded to change to father)
Daughter - GaGa88

FAQ

1.  I want in...what do I do?  PM me with your character choice in the following format.

Name:
Character wanted (and second choice if you have one):
Reason you want to play:

I don't want any more detail than that in the beginning.  Once we have enough players, I will put together a character thread and we will flesh out details.

2.  Is this first come, first served?  No.  Though first come will have a distinct advantage.  I will be looking for a good group, first and foremost, so I will be looking over your previous games (and I suggest you do the same to me) to see your style and conduct.  I WILL take chances on new people, but I want a quorum of experienced voices as well.

3.  Will there be more questions here?  Yes. If people ask me stuff in PMs I will transfer it here.  I am well aware that my brain does not always transfer completely into words.

Thank you for taking the time to check this out and lets get those PMs coming!!
Xantham

Xantham

Update:  Need 3 more.  2 Men and 1 woman. 

See roles at end of first post to see which are available and which are taken. 

Hope to get started very very soon.  As soon as a group is complete the game will start and others will join in as we go.

Cheers,
Xantham

Xantham

Update:

We are starting.

There is one change for now.  This may change again before we start.  Family is headed by a widowed mom.  See below.

Group A
The shy newlyweds.  Young and recently married, they were nearly virgins on their wedding night.  However they both share a secret desire to become exhibitionists.

Man - Kirinis
Woman - Sarah Morgan

Group B
The working relationship.  Both of these people worked at the labs, but they are in a boss/administrative asst. relationship.  One that both would like to become something a little more submissive.  Players can decide who is the boss and who is the Domme.  The boss can be the Domme...or not.

Man - Matthew
Woman - LimitlessNikkie

Group C
The close family.  This family of beautiful people has always harbored a secret desire for the things they are not supposed to have...each other.  Kids are 19-21.  Maybe twins?

Man - Dead.  Poor poor dad.
Woman - LovelyGirl
Son - Xantham
Daughter - GaGa88

Please place your character into the character thread using approximately the following template:

Character:
Job: (If you worked for the Doctor, pick a viable position in a research lab, otherwise pick an occupation.)
Offs that are not Player offs:  If your character has an off that is not in your O/O (or if you don't have an o/o) put it here, if not skip this question.
Two Character Likes Non-sexual:
Two Character Dislikes Non-Sexual:
Description:  Facts only, imagine a Police APB out on your character.  "A 6 foot white male, thin with glasses.  Brown hair, hazel eyes...."
Picture:  Sarah, I will PM you a picture based on your description above for you to add into your post.
Bio:  Be brief.  Let some of this come out during the RP instead of pouring out your whole history here. :)

Feel free to PM each other and detail any collusions, i.e. Who's the boss?, etc.  If anyone hasn't posted in the character thread by this weekend, or PMd me to let me know you're having timing issues, I will put your character on auto-pilot until we talk.

The Character Thread - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=116597.0
The OOC Thread - TBD
The Game Thread - TBD