World of Warcraft (Closed ATM)

Started by Question Mark, June 07, 2011, 07:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

I had not considered who would be the common enemy. Lol, I guess I should have thought of that.

I just thought a common enemy would give the Alliance and Horde members a reason to be civil with one another.  :/

Aiden

It seems the majority of players have gone the option of the Argent Dawn or "neutral" factions.

I think the only one who would have direct conflicted would be your character and mine since she hates orcs and all. Not to mention his name might be known by some nightelves as a monster in warsong gulch, good chance for inter character tension.

Flower

Tension is always fun. Especially when it explodes  >:)

But we shall see how this moves along. I'm sure that no matter which one is chosen it will be a lot of fun. :)

Aiden

I agree, everyone has put so much into their characters it looks like we have a nice diverse amount of characters and potential plots. I already managed a few potential ones and look forward to others.

Are you big on the nightelf/orc lore Dancingflower? Just so I know, I could see some heated debate come up between them if they ever do encounter one another.

Flower

I know some things about it but I'm not an expert. I can know that there are some conflicts over territory and if I remember correctly the Orcs might just be the cause of their lost of immortality.
[/s]
Lol, I might have to brush up a bit on it. I don't mind doing a bit of research every now and then.  :-)

Question Mark

Nah, the demons destroyed the NElven immortality.

BTW, the common enemy plot blurb is in the first post on the first page.  The common enemy would be the Twilight's Hammer (Deathwing's end of the world cult) and their elemental servants.  The location would probably be in one of the BGs, but, actually, since most of you are associated with neutral Argent Dawn, perhaps we can work something out

How about this: Everyone's characters are envoys from various factions (Alliance, Horde, Argent Dawn, individual cities, etc.) who arrived in the plaguelands two years after the Lich King's death.  They're there to meet with the Argent Crusade, which now has a capitol of sorts in Hearthglen.

Then the Shattering starts, the Twilight's Hammer makes an attack (possibly to assassinate Tirion Fordring?), and we all get embroiled in the conflict.

How's that sound?

Aiden

I don't recall first hand if they where the reason they lost their immortality I do know the orcs came into their land and started harvesting lumber and even killed one of their demigods.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Cenarius

Which is reason enough to hate orcs, especially since she is a druid and he killed the patron saint of druids and all...On top of that it was HIS clan that killed him and he carries his banner and pride of the warsong with him.

That sounds good to me, I was going to ask if you read the shattering and played wow before the catacyslm, when ALL the cities came under attack and you learned of the "farm bosses". Which was the flameguy in BRD, the princess in marudon, the wind lord in AQ and one more...but they where the lieutenants, was pretty interesting with the random zones being attacked and both sides having to ally or kill one another then seal the rifts.

Shjade

Sounds reasonable, QM.

Not surprising everyone has some ties to the AD. I mean, who HASN'T done some Argent Dawn work once they got up high enough? ;p
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Flower

I was just looking at that page. Sounds like a good reason to hate your character to me. I can imagine her spitting on his banner. Just kidding  :P

And that idea sounds fine to me. I recall playing before Cata came out and it was quite entertaining. I had almost forgot about the mini bosses.

Aiden

Question Mark

*holds Aiden and flower apart, but not by too far*

Feel free to spit on his banner, if you want to accept the consequences.   ;)

On a seriouseresser note, are you guys fine with meeting in Hearthglen as representatives of your factions?

Quote from: Shjade on June 10, 2011, 03:35:00 PM
Sounds reasonable, QM.

Not surprising everyone has some ties to the AD. I mean, who HASN'T done some Argent Dawn work once they got up high enough? ;p

I loved doing the old world AD quests in WPL and EPL.  Until I got Starcaller from Ulduar, my character was always Haddren, the Argent Champion.

Flower

I'm fine with meeting in Hearthglen. :)

I love that I can track our movements through the game as we journey across Azeroth. XD

Aiden

Yea  Hearthglen sounds good, go go dragon flight! I'll be Zepplin hopping from Ogrimmar to UC but if the goal is Hearthglenn, I'll cover it all in one post or two. I won't fly into Hearthglenn for risk of having the balista turned on me but I'll land pretty close and walk up the ramp, maybe encounter a few scourge.

Shjade

Being an active member, I get the simplest transportation of all: already being there. ;p
◕/◕'s

Flower

Quote from: Shjade on June 10, 2011, 04:11:33 PM
Being an active member, I get the simplest transportation of all: already being there. ;p

-giggles- I was thinking about doing that too. Or maybe finding a mage with the closest port.

elfguy

Perhaps Xara could have been in nearby Undercity and come up riding on her Raptor, otherwise a wyvern flight would also do.
----

Question Mark

Alright, it seems that we're agreed.  I'll get to work making the OOC posts.  I'm thinking two threads: OOC discussion with character profiles (I'll take care of linking the profiles), and the main IC thread.

I'll set up the meeting and the reason for it, and your intro posts will be you arriving there (or being there already, heh).

Quote from: Aiden on June 10, 2011, 04:04:44 PM
Yea  Hearthglen sounds good, go go dragon flight! I'll be Zepplin hopping from Ogrimmar to UC but if the goal is Hearthglenn, I'll cover it all in one post or two. I won't fly into Hearthglenn for risk of having the balista turned on me but I'll land pretty close and walk up the ramp, maybe encounter a few scourge.

Good idea!  You can fly wherever in the game, but really, city defenses would shoot you down, ask questions later if a dragon came soaring over the walls.  Keep that in mind.

Aiden

Yea I'll respect no fly zones unless it is part of the story that can't be avoided.

Onyxsteel is totally going to camp one of those towers in EPL and make it his roost while Gorejaw conducts business at Hearthglenn.  XD

Scare the shit out of adventures, since I won't pretend to summon him out of a spell book.

Question Mark

Quote from: Aiden on June 10, 2011, 04:29:12 PM
Yea I'll respect no fly zones unless it is part of the story that can't be avoided.

Onyxsteel is totally going to camp one of those towers in EPL and make it his roost while Gorejaw conducts business at Hearthglenn.  XD

Scare the shit out of adventures, since I won't pretend to summon him out of a spell book.

I like you more and more.  I never got why people in WoW RPs continue to just whistle and have their 10 ton dragon poof out of thin air.  Those things have lives too, you know :P

Question Mark

Oh, duh, I'm stupid.  The forum it's going to be in is NC-Exotic Freeform Small Groups.  If anyone has an objection, speak now or forever hold your peace.

(sorry, still new to the whole starting a RP gig)

Question Mark

Sorry for the triple post, but hell, GM's privileges.

Anyway, the OOC Thread is up.  I'll edit the IC Thread into this post as soon as I'm done.

Aiden

Quote from: Question Mark on June 10, 2011, 04:45:22 PM
I like you more and more.  I never got why people in WoW RPs continue to just whistle and have their 10 ton dragon poof out of thin air.  Those things have lives too, you know :P

Yea, in a RP I think mount upkeep is one of those essential things, can't be summoning creatures left and right.

Shjade

Unless your mount is conducive to summoning. Mechanical things that can go compact, flying carpets, that kind of thing.
◕/◕'s

Question Mark

Quote from: Shjade on June 10, 2011, 05:10:36 PM
Unless your mount is conducive to summoning. Mechanical things that can go compact, flying carpets, that kind of thing.

Right.

Fumbling through your pack and pulling out an armored warhorse, though, that strains believability.

Shjade

Sure. I just seem to recall owning a lot more summonable mounts than otherwise: warlock with her dreadsteed, paladin with the charger, tailor's carpet, rogue's 'copter, DK's chopper...I guess I just didn't like the mounts you have to take care of as much. xD
◕/◕'s