Jazztown is shipping out Looking for qualified crew.

Started by Valamarth, February 20, 2010, 11:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valamarth

Jazz and I have an active space thread we have been developing.
Currently our ship, the Jazztown, a privateer, is docked with a sector space control vessal.
We will be leaving soon after connecting a ShipPerson to the ships systems and getting some crew.  Our first mission is to deliver 3meg units of a plague cure to an infected planet, but we have to run a blockade to get it. 
I am Chief Engineer Krip, Kat (Jazz) is the Pilot/Captain.
Need gunners, nav, logistics, security, medical, etc.  Please contact one of us to match the thread before RPing.  If someone wants to be the ShipPerson, the ship will have internal morph control (kinda like holodeck, but solid) to allow her to physically interact with constructs..
Here is the link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=60679.0
Valamarth AKA Falzar.

bentfender

You two have a hot thread going.
I'm tempted to join, but I don't know if it'll be three's a crowd.
You two havea think about it and let me know if you want others to be part of your action.
I'd be interested in playing a gen modified ex-soldier who's been dishonourably rotated out of the military. Lots of experience in all sorts of ops - now looking for a regular paycheck.

jazz

It sounds sort of fun.  Get together a rough sketch of your character.   Jsut a little bit of back story or decription.

Val has sorta put a hint in to bring a character like you described.  But we think more would be fun...
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul. ~ Pablo Neruda

bentfender

Ben Rus is a genetically modified marine/commando who joined up to escape the slums of his home world. Coming from a high-g world he is a mesomorph standing almost 10ft in height and weighing in at almost 500lbs – none of that is fat though. He has black hair and piercing blue eyes that usually match his moods. His skin is tanned from endless days toiling under many different suns on different worlds.

Ben was encouraged to join the gen program because of his build and size. Using chemicals and genetic engineering they made him one of their super soldiers – the first in – the baddest of bad asses, all at the age of 18. He trained in the use of most miltech weaponry and has a vast knowledge of civilian weapons to. He knows the rudiments to piloting/operating most miltech hardware – he needed to.

Ben’s modifications increased his speed, reflexes, strength, endurance, healing rate – everything a good soldier needs. He can see at night as well as in bright daylight. There were drawbacks to this – the first being he eats many times more than others to maintain the energy for his abilities; the second is that for every hour making use of his skills he needs at least 3 hours to recuperate; and finally, his lifespan is reduced to about one third of normal. At 25 he is already an old man.

Ben was dishonourably discharged when his superior officer tried to force his girlfriend to sleep with him or Ben would not advance in rank. Ben came in to find the officer had hit the girlfriend a few times to soften her up. Ben snapped the man’s neck and killed or injured the officer’s security detail. Sentenced to death his service record saved him and after 2 years doing hard labour he was set free to find his own way.

Valamarth

About Ben...just clearing up a few things.

height would be likely a problem - ten feet on a terran ship would make him non-functioning.  also, you might consider that at that height, a man of a low mucular build would come in at over 1500 lbs.
I might suggest an off charts height of 7'8". Unwieldy, but parts of the ship could be adapted.
Valamarth AKA Falzar.

bentfender

Yeah - I thought I had the weight wrong.
Let's trim him down to 7'8"and have him constantly bumping his head when he forgets to duck it.

Valamarth

Valamarth AKA Falzar.

jazz

As we need crew members we are adding a few NCP to fill the spots.  But we invite anyone to either take one of them over or come up with a unique character to join.

Just added a Cook, Suzy.  She's still mostly a mystery...  All we know now is she is young and malnourished.  Probably has an intersting past...
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul. ~ Pablo Neruda