Labyrinth, the World Below: Interest Check (Dungeon World, Fantasy Adventure)

Started by Kimera, May 13, 2018, 06:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimera

Labyrinth, the World Below

The surface world has been lost to the ages, only spoken of in legends. The Labyrinth is all there is, a dark and vast network of corridors, dungeons and caverns stretching out for what seems infinite into the unknown. People live isolated, clutching together and holding on in pocket areas where artificial light is present. Only the bravest (and/or foolish) dare to venture forth out of these pocket havens in search of valuable resources their towns desperately need....

... and perhaps a clue to one day lead them to the promised land, the surface.

"So are you brave enough to venture forth?"

The Concept

This thread is only to feel the waters and see if people are interested. The game is inspired by Blame!, but snug tightly in a Fantasy flavor. The world is basically one big dungeon with little safe places where people have gathered to form towns. This usually happens near some form of artificial light, like caves with glowing moss or some magical artifact. However these are not infinite, so more is always needed.

The surface world might still exist, but currently it is lost and forgotten by most. Still clues might remain.

You take on the role of those brave souls seeking adventure. Food and light sources are the most precious commodities and towns are always in desperate need of them. For nothing can survive without the light.

The plan is to use Dungeon World for character generation, though there will be more flexibility when it comes to races and such. The goal is to start off with a group of around 5-6 adventurers, with possible a second group that starts out later (all depending on the number of interests offcourse)

So let me know what you think.

Characters Sheet

You are adventurers. Your background is up to you but you are still rookies. This will probably be your first major venture outside the known borders.

You can pick a slightly more exotic race if you want, but those will be evaluated case by case. They should be something humanoid though and nothing too extreme.

Code (character sheet) Select
[float=right][img height=300 padding=8]IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Player desires:[/b]
[hr]
[b]Class:[/b] [b]Level:[/b] 1
[b]Current XP:[/b] 0 [b]Needed XP:[/b]
[b]Stats[/b]
Strength: Agility: Constitution: Intelligence: Wisdom: Charisma:
[b]Damage:[/b] [b]Armor:[/b] [b]HP:[/b]
[b]Alignment/Drive:[/b]
[b]Race/Origin:[/b]
[b]Bonds:[/b]
-Bond 1
-Bond 2
-Bond 3
[b]Gear:[/b] [b]Load:[/b]
-Stuff
-Things
[b]Moves:[/b]
-Move 1
-Move 2
-Move 3

Links

Dungeon World Rules Wiki
Dungeon World MOVES LIST

Sain

Very interested ;D!!

I'm thinking of either human ranger with some small flying pet or elf wizard.

e. Definitely would go with the ranger and birb pet.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

pdragon

What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Kimera

Oh wow, already quite a bit of interest.

Quote from: Sain on May 13, 2018, 06:52:22 AM
Very interested ;D!!

I'm thinking of either human ranger with some small flying pet or elf wizard.

e. Definitely would go with the ranger and birb pet.

Ranger could be a fun choice

JoanieSappho

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

pdragon

What is the tone you're looking for for this game? Is it gonna be more lighthearted like other dungeon world games? Or do you want us to be more serious with our characters? I'm stuck between two wildly different character concepts and it would help a lot in deciding.

Request Thread

Kimera

I imagine it being a bit more on the serious side. There will be some focus on the danger and mysterie of the world itself and what people would have to do to survive.

But there will be cute and lighthearted moments as well.

So a healthy mix of both ;3

Sain

Kimera

You can post your concept so others can see what you are going for.

I've added charsheet code in the first post; You can already start filling those in as well. Just leave the bonds open for now. We'll address those once the final group has been selected.

wander

BLAME! is one of my fave manga around and Dungeon World is also my jam.

I'll see what other concepts and stuff come in, still unsure what I'd play for this yet.

pdragon

Nevara Ashlin
Name: Nevara Ashlin
Sex: Female
Sexuality: Pansexual
Description: A pale girl standing at 5'8 and weighting 140 lbs. Nevara was once a fairly beautiful young woman, but now bares the unsightly marks of corruption. After claiming the emerald flame her "third eye" has physically manifested on her forehead, all three eyes constantly glowing with an eerie green light. Her orifices will sometimes seep a black, oil-like substance, most prominently from her eyes, a phenomenon known as the "black tears". As far as anyone can tell this substance is not actively harmful or toxic, but Nevara she tends to keep herself bundled up in thick clothes to hide it anyways, finding it unsightly (nsfw).

Background: Nevara was like most orphans growing up in the small settlement of Ashland. She was slapped with the name "Ashlin", the title for all bastards in her village, put to work whenever she could prove useful, and generally disregarded anytime else. When she was just budding into womanhood her and a selection of other Ashlins were sent on a "quest", a journey deep into the depths of the labyrinth to recover something called the "Emerald Flame", an arcane fire that supposedly could never be extinguished. If it was successfully recovered it could prove an invaluable source of light to the village for generations to come, though few believed it actually existed, and even fewer believed one could survive the journey to obtain it. It was for this reason that the Ashlin children were sent, for if they succeeded in their task, great, they would bring great fortune back to the village with them, but if they failed, also great, as they would have rid themselves of a bunch of unwanted hungry mouths.

Despite the hardships ahead of them, the group remained optimistic, believing that if they succeeded in their quest the elders of the village would finally love and accept them. Unfortunately optimism only carried them so far, and one by one they were all picked off by the horrors of the labyrinth. Eventually Nevara found herself all alone, an inexperienced girl fumbling through the darkness with but a single lamp to guide her, and soon even that would fade away to darkness. For years Nevara somehow managed to survive within the walls of the labyrinth, shrouded in absolute darkness. She learned to feel her way through it's nooks and crannies, committed every howl and cry of the beasts around her to memory, taught herself how to hunt without sight and how to eat without fire.

Somehow it seemed she managed to impress some deity watching from up high, or perhaps fate itself finally took pity on her, for one day, long after she had abandoned her search for the Emerald Flame, she stumbled upon it, tucked away in one of the darkest corners of the labyrinth. However it was not the glorious, holy essence she was told it would be, it felt...wrong, somehow...evil. She felt warmth in it's presence, but it was a hollow sensation, almost foreign to the very soul. She approached the flame, and in a moment of either supernatural compulsion or suicidal madness she threw herself into it. Though instead of burning her flesh, the flames seemed to lick at her soul instead, charring her essence black from the inside as her body soaked in the flame like water. Her eyes closed, there was darkness, untold time later her eyes opened, there would never be darkness again. She had absorbed the Emerald Flame, it's strange light now burning inside her, corrupting her, empowering her, granting her strange new abilities, but for a price she has yet to even comprehend. Though even more troubling than the effects of the flame, was the feeling of loss upon finding it. She had finally achieved her goal, completed her impossible journey, but now she had no idea what she was meant to do with it. She had long since scorned the village that had sent her out to her death, so then where should she go? How should this power be used? Should it even be used? She now wanders the labyrinth in search of these answers.

Likes: peace and quiet, small, comfortable groups, Saber Bee honey, the meat of most reptilian creatures (lamias, nagas, etc.), being pet/pampered, mommy play.
Dislikes: large crowds, blaring noise, complete isolation, the labyrinth, her village, being stared at.
Player desires: action, adventure, sexy times, dare I say....romance?

Class: Immolator Level: 1
Current XP: 0 Needed XP: 8
Stats
Strength: 12 (+0) Agility: 9 (+0) Constitution: 16 (+2) Intelligence: 15 (+1) Wisdom: 13 (+1) Charisma: 9 (-1)
Damage: d8  Armor:HP: 20
Alignment/Drive: Neutral-  Exchange a sacrifice, freely given, for a service rendered.
Race/Origin: Corrupted Human- When you Make Camp next to a large, open flame, regain all of your HP.
Bonds:
__________ has felt the hellish touch of fire, now they know my strength.

I will teach __________ the true meaning of sacrifice.

I cast something into the fire for __________ and still owe them their due.

Gear: Load: 2/9
-a symbol of your sacrifices past
-Adventuring Gear (5 uses, 1 weight)
-2 Healing Potions (0 weight)
-Dungeon Rations (5 uses, 1 weight)

Moves:

Burning Brand
When you conjure a weapon of pure flame, roll+CON.
-On a 10+ choose two of the following tags,
-on a 7-9 choose one.
   -You may treat your INT as your STR or DEX in regards to making attacks with this weapon.
   -The weapon always begins with the fiery, touch, dangerous, and 3 uses tags. Each attack with the
    -weapon consumes one use.
       hand thrown, near +1 damage remove the dangerous tag

Fighting Fire With Fire
When you take damage, and that damage is odd (after armor) the flames within you come to your aid. Roll 1d4 and either add that many uses to your burning brand (if active), take that result forward to summon your burning brand, or reduce the damage by that amount, your choice.

Zuko Style
When you bend a flame to your will, roll+WIS
-On a 10+ it does as you command, taking the shape and movement you desire for as long as it has fuel on which to burn.
-On a 7-9 the effect is short-lived, lasting only a moment

Give Me Fuel, Give me Fire
When you gaze intensely into someone eyes, you may ask their player “what fuels the flames of your desire?” they’ll answer with the truth, even if the character does not know or would otherwise keep this hidden.

Hand Crafted
You may use your hands in place of tools and fire to craft metal objects. Mundane weapons, armor and metal jewelry can all be formed from their raw components. You may unmake these things, as well, but to do so without time and safety might require that you Defy Danger first.

Request Thread

Sain

Daraman of the Pathfinder tribe

Name: Daraman
Sexuality: Bi
Description: Daraman is a 175 cm tall woman with a lean athletic figure molded and marked by ruin delving. She keeps her hair short and practical. Her wardrobe consists of dark shades that blend well into the ruins and light stretchy materials that do not hinder movement. On her shoulder or around her usually buzzes a large cat sized insect. She carries her back straight, but there’s a measure of uncertainty and twitchyness to her voice and demeanor. Daraman is hardly ever relaxed or without worry and sometimes seen talking to her insectoid companion when she thinks no one is around.
Background: According to the tribe legends the great beast deity Ungrath rose from the depths at dawn of time. No one knows for sure how long she burrowed through the ruins before meeting the first of the Pathfinder tribe - a handful of unfortunate adventurers caught in the dark without light, food, or a way home. Facing the gigantic beast the tribe’s first expected doom, but instead found benevolence only thought to exist in the divine and saints. Great tunneler Ungrath accepted them to live in harmony with her, setting tents on her tail and picking the weeds from her fins for nourishment.

Daraman was born into the traditions molded by those origins. As a little kid she learned of their place in the Labyrinth as the Pathfinders looking for the surface. She came to revere the wisdom of the skull masked elders who knew everything and spoke to Ungrath, guiding her crawl. Only the sharpest of the trackers survived that long. Daraman decided that she would be among them and one day guide the burrowing of the divine beast.

Hers was a short childhood of picking fin-weeds and watching mom and dad’s backs grow heavier after each delve into the Labyrinth. She was not sure if the stories they brought back were worth it, but learned by watching that it had to be done. Though Ungrath tried her best to provide there were not enough fin-weeds for everyone. All the kids wanted to become trackers. Daraman was stronger than most, strong enough. Like other trackers to be she received a larva of Ungrath to groom into a companion. It was the greatest honour and the beginning of a great downhill.

Father was lost to a pack of cave raptors, only barely saving Daraman from a shared fate. She began to doubt the instincts and strength that had given her a squad to lead. Outside she was still the unbreakable hope of the tribe, but it could only go on for so long. A year later it was bats. Daraman and her companion were separated from the rest of the young trackers by a collapse.

Her friendly little bug has grown large since then. She has added a few scars to her arms and a few tricks in her sleeve. Met a couple settlements other than her nomadic tribe and felt the touch of man and woman. Stil she wonders what came of the Pathfinder tribe and where the great Ungrath now burrows. Can the remaining elders really guide them to the surface? Will they make it with a whole generation of trackers lost to the Labyrinth? Perhaps if she could find herself friends strong enough to make it out there she too could quest for the surface.

Likes: New places, Exploration, Bumbler (the pet), Ungrath, Labyrinth, being in a team, having a plan
Dislikes: Going into new towns, Labyrinth, working alone,
Player desires: Cool adventure, mysteries to figure out, kinky stuff?

Class: Ranger Level: 1
Current XP: 0 Needed XP:
Stats
Strength: 12 Agility: 16 Constitution: 13 Intelligence: 9 Wisdom: 15 Charisma: 8
Damage: d8 Armor: 1 HP: 23
Alignment/Drive: Good (Endanger yourself to combat an unnatural threat.)
Race/Origin: Human (When you undertake a perilous journey through wilderness whatever job you take you succeed as if you rolled a 10+.)
Bonds:
-I have guided  XXX  before and they owe me for it.
-XXX  is a friend of nature, so I will be their friend as well.
-Nevara has no respect for nature, so I have no respect for them.
-XXX does not understand life in the wild, so I will teach them.
Gear: Load: 7/11
-Dungeon rations (10 uses, 2 weight)
-Cloaker skin armor (1 armor, 1 weight)
-A bundle of arrows (3 ammo, 1 weight).
-Pathfinder tribe tracker's bow (near, far, 1 weight), fashioned from a discarded fin of Ungrath
-Spear (reach, 1 weight), regular metal spear lifted from a corpse
-Adventuring gear (1 weight)
Moves:
-Hunt and Track (Wis)
-Called Shot (Agi)
-Animal Companion (Ferocity +2 (keen senses, stealthy), Cunning +2 (search, scout), 0 Armor, Instinct +1(frightening))

ThatFantasticBard

This sounds like fun! :D
I'll have a character sheet up tonight or tomorrow, hopefully.

Kimera

Glad everyone is liking the concept. Oh and we already have two char concepts.

Let's see what we have so far.

Quote from: pdragon on May 13, 2018, 03:05:04 PM
Nevara Ashlin
Name: Nevara Ashlin
Description: A pale girl standing at 5'8 and weighting 140 lbs. Nevara was once a fairly beautiful young woman, but now bares the unsightly marks of corruption. After claiming the emerald flame her "third eye" has physically manifested on her forehead, all three eyes constantly glowing with an eerie green light. Her orifices will sometimes seep a black, oil-like substance, most prominently from her eyes, a phenomenon known as the "black tears". As far as anyone can tell this substance is not actively harmful or toxic, but Nevara she tends to keep herself bundled up in thick clothes to hide it anyways, finding it unsightly (nsfw).

Background: Nevara was like most orphans growing up in the small settlement of Ashland. She was slapped with the name "Ashlin", the title for all bastards in her village, put to work whenever she could prove useful, and generally disregarded anytime else. When she was just budding into womanhood her and a selection of other Ashlins were sent on a "quest", a journey deep into the depths of the labyrinth to recover something called the "Emerald Flame", an arcane fire that supposedly could never be extinguished. If it was successfully recovered it could prove an invaluable source of light to the village for generations to come, though few believed it actually existed, and even fewer believed one could survive the journey to obtain it. It was for this reason that the Ashlin children were sent, for if they succeeded in their task, great, they would bring great fortune back to the village with them, but if they failed, also great, as they would have rid themselves of a bunch of unwanted hungry mouths.

Despite the hardships ahead of them, the group remained optimistic, believing that if they succeeded in their quest the elders of the village would finally love and accept them. Unfortunately optimism only carried them so far, and one by one they were all picked off by the horrors of the labyrinth. Eventually Nevara found herself all alone, an inexperienced girl fumbling through the darkness with but a single lamp to guide her, and soon even that would fade away to darkness. For years Nevara somehow managed to survive within the walls of the labyrinth, shrouded in absolute darkness. She learned to feel her way through it's nooks and crannies, committed every howl and cry of the beasts around her to memory, taught herself how to hunt without sight and how to eat without fire.

Somehow it seemed she managed to impress some deity watching from up high, or perhaps fate itself finally took pity on her, for one day, long after she had abandoned her search for the Emerald Flame, she stumbled upon it, tucked away in one of the darkest corners of the labyrinth. However it was not the glorious, holy essence she was told it would be, it felt...wrong, somehow...evil. She felt warmth in it's presence, but it was a hollow sensation, almost foreign to the very soul. She approached the flame, and in a moment of either supernatural compulsion or suicidal madness she threw herself into it. Though instead of burning her flesh, the flames seemed to lick at her soul instead, charring her essence black from the inside as her body soaked in the flame like water. Her eyes closed, there was darkness, untold time later her eyes opened, there would never be darkness again. She had absorbed the Emerald Flame, it's strange light now burning inside her, corrupting her, empowering her, granting her strange new abilities, but for a price she has yet to even comprehend. Though even more troubling than the effects of the flame, was the feeling of loss upon finding it. She had finally achieved her goal, completed her impossible journey, but now she had no idea what she was meant to do with it. She had long since scorned the village that had sent her out to her death, so then where should she go? How should this power be used? Should it even be used? She now wanders the labyrinth in search of these answers.

Likes: peace and quiet, small, comfortable groups, Saber Bee honey, the meat of most reptilian creatures (lamias, nagas, etc.), being pet/pampered, mommy play.
Dislikes: large crowds, blaring noise, complete isolation, the labyrinth, her village, being stared at.
Player desires: action, adventure, sexy times, dare I say....romance?

Class: Immolator Level: 1
Stats
Strength: 12 (+0) Agility: 9 (+0) Constitution: 16 (+2) Intelligence: 15 (+1) Wisdom: 13 (+1) Charisma: 9 (-1)
Damage: d8  Armor:HP: 20
Alignment/Drive: Neutral-  Exchange a sacrifice, freely given, for a service rendered.
Race/Origin: Corrupted Human- (suggested ability: third eye allows player to always see in darkness?)
Bonds:
__________ has felt the hellish touch of fire, now they know my strength.

I will teach __________ the true meaning of sacrifice.

I cast something into the fire for __________ and still owe them their due.

Gear: Load: 2/9
-a symbol of your sacrifices past
-Adventuring Gear (5 uses, 1 weight)
-2 Healing Potions (0 weight)
-Dungeon Rations (5 uses, 1 weight)

Moves:

Burning Brand
When you conjure a weapon of pure flame, roll+CON.
-On a 10+ choose two of the following tags,
-on a 7-9 choose one.
   -You may treat your INT as your STR or DEX in regards to making attacks with this weapon.
   -The weapon always begins with the fiery, touch, dangerous, and 3 uses tags. Each attack with the
    -weapon consumes one use.
       hand thrown, near +1 damage remove the dangerous tag

Fighting Fire With Fire
When you take damage, and that damage is odd (after armor) the flames within you come to your aid. Roll 1d4 and either add that many uses to your burning brand (if active), take that result forward to summon your burning brand, or reduce the damage by that amount, your choice.

Zuko Style
When you bend a flame to your will, roll+WIS
-On a 10+ it does as you command, taking the shape and movement you desire for as long as it has fuel on which to burn.
-On a 7-9 the effect is short-lived, lasting only a moment

Give Me Fuel, Give me Fire
When you gaze intensely into someone eyes, you may ask their player “what fuels the flames of your desire?” they’ll answer with the truth, even if the character does not know or would otherwise keep this hidden.

Hand Crafted
You may use your hands in place of tools and fire to craft metal objects. Mundane weapons, armor and metal jewelry can all be formed from their raw components. You may unmake these things, as well, but to do so without time and safety might require that you Defy Danger first.

Interesting concept. I like it. For the thrid eye though, giving her permanent darkvision might be a bit much, since facing the dark will be one of the bigger challenges at times. So we have to at least limit that a bit.

Gonna give this some more thought.

Quote from: Sain on May 13, 2018, 03:20:03 PM
Daraman of the Pathfinder tribe

Name: Daraman
Sexuality: Bi
Description: Daraman is a 175 cm tall woman with a lean athletic figure molded and marked by ruin delving. She keeps her hair short and practical. Her wardrobe consists of dark shades that blend well into the ruins and light stretchy materials that do not hinder movement. On her shoulder or around her usually buzzes a large cat sized insect. She carries her back straight, but there’s a measure of uncertainty and twitchyness to her voice and demeanor. Daraman is hardly ever relaxed or without worry and sometimes seen talking to her insectoid companion when she thinks no one is around.
Background: According to the tribe legends the great beast deity Ungrath rose from the depths at dawn of time. No one knows for sure how long she burrowed through the ruins before meeting the first of the Pathfinder tribe - a handful of unfortunate adventurers caught in the dark without light, food, or a way home. Facing the gigantic beast the tribe’s first expected doom, but instead found benevolence only thought to exist in the divine and saints. Great tunneler Ungrath accepted them to live in harmony with her, setting tents on her tail and picking the weeds from her fins for nourishment.

Daraman was born into the traditions molded by those origins. As a little kid she learned of their place in the Labyrinth as the Pathfinders looking for the surface. She came to revere the wisdom of the skull masked elders who knew everything and spoke to Ungrath, guiding her crawl. Only the sharpest of the trackers survived that long. Daraman decided that she would be among them and one day guide the burrowing of the divine beast.

Hers was a short childhood of picking fin-weeds and watching mom and dad’s backs grow heavier after each delve into the Labyrinth. She was not sure if the stories they brought back were worth it, but learned by watching that it had to be done. Though Ungrath tried her best to provide there were not enough fin-weeds for everyone. All the kids wanted to become trackers. Daraman was stronger than most, strong enough. Like other trackers to be she received a larva of Ungrath to groom into a companion. It was the greatest honour and the beginning of a great downhill.

Father was lost to a pack of cave raptors, only barely saving Daraman from a shared fate. She began to doubt the instincts and strength that had given her a squad to lead. Outside she was still the unbreakable hope of the tribe, but it could only go on for so long. A year later it was bats. Daraman and her companion were separated from the rest of the young trackers by a collapse.

Her friendly little bug has grown large since then. She has added a few scars to her arms and a few tricks in her sleeve. Met a couple settlements other than her nomadic tribe and felt the touch of man and woman. Stil she wonders what came of the Pathfinder tribe and where the great Ungrath now burrows. Can the remaining elders really guide them to the surface? Will they make it with a whole generation of trackers lost to the Labyrinth? Perhaps if she could find herself friends strong enough to make it out there she too could quest for the surface.

Likes: New places, Exploration, Bumbler (the pet), Ungrath, Labyrinth, being in a team, having a plan
Dislikes: Going into new towns, Labyrinth, working alone,
Player desires: Cool adventure, mysteries to figure out, kinky stuff?

Class: Ranger Level: 1
Stats
Strength: 12 Agility: 16 Constitution: 13 Intelligence: 9 Wisdom: 15 Charisma: 8
Damage: d8 Armor: 1 HP: 23
Alignment/Drive: Good (Endanger yourself to combat an unnatural threat.)
Race/Origin: Human
Bonds:
-Bond 1
-Bond 2
-Bond 3
Gear: Load: 11
-Dungeon rations (10 uses, 2 weight)
-Cloaker skin armor (1 armor, 1 weight)
-A bundle of arrows (3 ammo, 1 weight).
-Pathfinder tribe tracker's bow (near, far, 1 weight), fashioned from a discarded fin of Ungrath
-Spear (reach, 1 weight), regular metal spear lifted from a corpse
Moves:
-Hunt and Track (Wis)
-Called Shot (Agi)
-Animal Companion (Ferocity +2 (keen senses, stealthy), Cunning +2 (search, scout), 0 Armor, Instinct +1(frightening))

Love it. ^^

I realise I will also have to make a little tweak to the human ranger and druid class. As it stands, those two also have a minor ability concerning the use of rations and the availability of food is another problem when traversing the Labyrinth.

Looking forward to see what the rest of you are going to come up with. :3

Sain

JoanieSappho

Oh, yeah. Any restriction of races/sources for classes?

One of the playbooks I have is for the Charred. Which, looking at our Immolater, might actually work really well, as well as fitting an image I've wanted to play since finding it. It's also different enough, I think, as the Immolater appears to be a purely fighting sort of class, while the Charred is a fire-based caster.

Here's the class' starting move to give an idea

Charred to the Core
You have been scorched by a strange other-worldly fire that has seared through your flesh and bones and has charred you to the soul with an unstable flame. This burning scar is both a boon and curse, letting you draw power from it, yet plaguing your own flesh with wounds and singeing your immortal soul. Any normal means of healing (mundane, magic does nothing to heal you. Fire based damage heals your body instead of hurting it. Making camp only heals you for 2 points of damage per level instead of the normal amount

And, one of the things to happen on a failed roll is the inner fire inflicting 1d10 wounds on me.

Kimera

Quote from: JoanieSappho on May 13, 2018, 04:59:12 PM
Oh, yeah. Any restriction of races/sources for classes?

For classes I would prefer the core classes for now, though if you want to play anything in particular, we can have a look at it.

You can have a little freedom with the races, as long as it isn't too exotic. We can then figure out a custom racial move/bonus.

JoanieSappho

Ah, sorry. Realised I could just put details in, and kinda edited while you were replying.

pdragon

I went and just swapped in the default human ability for Immolaters then.

Request Thread

ThatFantasticBard

Sammi Gildwin
Name: Sammi Gildwin
Sex: Male
Description: Sammi's appearance stands out in stark contrast to his surroundings, his bright, flashy clothing looking completely out of place in the dark tunnels that he inhabits. Sticking out like a sore thumb is by design of course, the Wizard always preferring to always dress his best and be the center of attention, regardless of how much danger that could put him in. His eyes have a pinkish glow to them, showing off his magical proficiency to anyone that can see him. His long hair is kept messy and while it's usually dark brown, he enjoys changing it to something more outlandish from time to time. Despite being physically male, Sammi's lithe body and soft facial features make him look closer to a woman, a fact that he absolutely revels in.

Background:
Likes: Riches, Attention, Control, Sweets, Puzzles and Riddles, Magical Artifacts
Dislikes: Darkness, Feeling Gross, Silence, Bugs, Bossy Folks, Stupidity
Player desires: Challenges, Mystery, Smut, Cute stuff(?)

Class: Wizard Level: 1
Stats
Strength: 8 (-1) Agility: 15 (+1) Constitution: 9 (0) Intelligence: 16 (+2) Wisdom: 12 (0) Charisma: 13 (+1)
Damage: d4 Armor: 0 HP: 13
Alignment/Drive: Neutral - Discover something about a magical mystery.
Race/Origin: Human - Choose one cleric spell. You can cast it as if it was a wizard spell
Bonds:
____________ will play an important role in the events to come. I have foreseen it!

____________ is keeping an important secret from me.

____________ is woefully misinformed about the world; I will teach them all that I can.

Gear: Load: 5/6
-Spellbook (1 weight)
-Dungeon Rations (1 weight, 5 uses)
-Bag of Books (2 weight, 5 uses)
-Staff (close, two-handed, 1 weight)
-3 Healing Potions
-3 Antitoxins

Moves:
Spellbook
You have mastered several spells and inscribed them in your spellbook. You start out with three first level spells in your spellbook as well as the cantrips. Whenever you gain a level, you add a new spell of your level or
lower to your spellbook. You spellbook is 1 weight.

Prepare Spells
When you spend uninterrupted time (an hour or so) in quiet contemplation of your spellbook, you:

• Lose any spells you already have prepared
  • Prepare new spells of your choice from your spellbook whose total levels don’t exceed your own level+1.
  • Prepare your cantrips which never count against your limit.

Cast a Spell (Int)
When you release a spell you’ve prepared, roll+Int.

✴ On a 10+, the spell is successfully cast and you do not forget the spell—you may cast it again later.

✴ On a 7-9, the spell is cast, but choose one:

• You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. The GM will tell you how.
  • The spell disturbs the fabric of reality as it is cast—take -1 ongoing to cast a spell until the next time you Prepare Spells.
  • After it is cast, the spell is forgotten. You cannot cast the spell again until you prepare spells.
Note that maintaining spells with ongoing effects will sometimes cause a penalty to your roll to cast a spell.

Spell Defense
You may end any ongoing spell immediately and use the energy of its dissipation to deflect an oncoming attack. The spell ends and you subtract its level from the damage done to you.

Ritual
When you draw on a place of power to create a magical effect, tell the GM what you’re trying to achieve. Ritual effects are always possible, but the GM will give you one to four of the following conditions:

• It’s going to take days/weeks/months.
  • First you must ________
  • You’ll need help from _______
  • It will require a lot of money
  • The best you can do is a lesser version, unreliable and limited
  • You and your allies will risk danger from _________
  • You’ll have to disenchant ________ to do it.

Spellbook:
Cantrips

• Light (P)
  • Unseen Servant (P)
  • Prestidigitation (P)
Level 1

• Contact Spirits
  • Charm Person (P)
  • Magic Missile (P)

So, before I get into the specifics of this character, I wanna make sure they're fine for this game? Kinda going for an outgoing, performing wizard type of person that likes to put on shows and such, but I wanna make sure that's not gonna conflict with the sort of tone you're trying to set up here.

Kimera

Quote from: ThatFantasticBard on May 13, 2018, 08:34:13 PM
Sammi Gildwin
Name: Sammi Gildwin
Sex: Male
Description:
Background:
Likes: Riches, Attention, Control, Sweets, Puzzles and Riddles, Magical Artifacts
Dislikes: Darkness, Feeling Gross, Silence, Bugs, Bossy Folks, Stupidity
Player desires: Challenges, Mystery, Smut, Cute stuff(?)

Class: Wizard Level: 1
Stats
Strength: 8 (-1) Agility: 15 (+1) Constitution: 9 (0) Intelligence: 16 (+2) Wisdom: 12 (0) Charisma: 13 (+1)
Damage: d4 Armor: 0 HP: 13
Alignment/Drive: Neutral - Discover something about a magical mystery.
Race/Origin: Human - Choose one cleric spell. You can cast it as if it was a wizard spell
Bonds:
____________ will play an important role in the events to come. I have foreseen it!

____________ is keeping an important secret from me.

____________ is woefully misinformed about the world; I will teach them all that I can.

Gear: Load: 5/6
-Spellbook (1 weight)
-Dungeon Rations (1 weight, 5 uses)
-Bag of Books (2 weight, 5 uses)
-Staff (close, , 1 weight)
-3 Healing Potions
-3 Antitoxins

Moves:
Spellbook
You have mastered several spells and inscribed them in your spellbook. You start out with three first level spells in your spellbook as well as the cantrips. Whenever you gain a level, you add a new spell of your level or
lower to your spellbook. You spellbook is 1 weight.

Prepare Spells
When you spend uninterrupted time (an hour or so) in quiet contemplation of your spellbook, you:

• Lose any spells you already have prepared
  • Prepare new spells of your choice from your spellbook whose total levels don’t exceed your own level+1.
  • Prepare your cantrips which never count against your limit.

Cast a Spell (Int)
When you release a spell you’ve prepared, roll+Int.

✴ On a 10+, the spell is successfully cast and you do not forget the spell—you may cast it again later.

• You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. The GM will tell you how.
  • The spell disturbs the fabric of reality as it is cast—take -1 ongoing to cast a spell until the next time you Prepare Spells.
  • After it is cast, the spell is forgotten. You cannot cast the spell again until you prepare spells.
Note that maintaining spells with ongoing effects will sometimes cause a penalty to your roll to cast a spell.

Spell Defense
You may end any ongoing spell immediately and use the energy of its dissipation to deflect an oncoming attack. The spell ends and you subtract its level from the damage done to you.

Ritual
When you draw on a place of power to create a magical effect, tell the GM what you’re trying to achieve. Ritual effects are always possible, but the GM will give you one to four of the following conditions:

• It’s going to take days/weeks/months.
  • First you must ________
  • You’ll need help from _______
  • It will require a lot of money
  • The best you can do is a lesser version, unreliable and limited
  • You and your allies will risk danger from _________
  • You’ll have to disenchant ________ to do it.

Spellbook:
Cantrips

• Light (P)
  • Unseen Servant (P)
  • Prestidigitation (P)
Level 1

• Contact Spirits
  • Charm Person (P)
  • Magic Missile (P)

So, before I get into the specifics of this character, I wanna make sure they're fine for this game? Kinda going for an outgoing, performing wizard type of person that likes to put on shows and such, but I wanna make sure that's not gonna conflict with the sort of tone you're trying to set up here.

I don't think that concept would be a problem. Not all of them have to be so gloomy. :3

Just make sure you have a reason why she would leave her performing lifestyle to seek out the unknown depths of the Labyrinth.

JoanieSappho

It's late right now, so stats for now, I'll put in the rest tomorrow.
Also, pdragon, this mommy play. Is that with Nevara as the mommy? That might just be a thing of interest here.
Also I think we can safely say that Kaltia would definitely fit the '__________ has felt the hellish touch of fire' bond, and Nevara could fit either Kaltia's first or last ones.
As for the others ... well, who wants to get hurt? And ho wants to have deserved it somehow?  :P

Kaltia
Name: Kaltia
Sexuality: Bisexual
Description: Kaltia was, at one point, a pretty young woman with her flaming red hair, scattering of freckles and soulful brown eyes. She still has those features, at least mostly, but the cheerful young girl who was open and just a bit flirty, especially with the other girls, has long since gone. one of those pretty eyes is now a milky white and while her freckles and soft lips remain both are twisted and marred by the large burn scar that stretch almost completely down the left side of her face.
Likewise, her outgoing personality has vanished, replaced by a quiet girl who hides behind her hair as often as possible and flinches away from direct eye contact.
Background: Parents were not something that Kaltia's people particularly did. The children that were born were raised together, introduced to the world around them and then, finally named. If they hadn't died for one reason or another first. Kaltia was one of those that managed to survive that long and, for a while, was happy. While other girls were frustrated that relations that could result in children were strictly limited to keep the population down, kaltia was quite happy with the far more common and entirely accepted things that women could get up to with each other and had started to grow into something of a ladies girl with her good looks, lovely voice and cheerfulness.

And then there was the accident.
It was, she knows, her fault, getting too close to the bright liquid that lit the cave, but entranced as she was by it she still went in and slipped. Just a little.
Just enough to permanently dim the light of her home as more than a small amount of it splashed over her face, burning its way inside her.
For her crime, there was only one option. Well, technically two, but neither Kaltia nor the other people particularly liked the 'death' thing. So, instead, exile. Of course, that was essentially the same thing, or at least they all thought so. Of course, they'd thought that the burning had stopped. or that it ever would.
Being wrong on both counts was definitely a mixed blessing.

The burning pain has not dimmed in the slightest, but Kaltia has found that over time she's become used to it, almost able to ignore save for the times that she need to use it. Or whenever it decides to remind her that its still there.
Wandering the dark Kaltia's main goal is, these days, to survive. She hates the stares she gets and while she certainly would appreciate the touch of another, she can't take anyone looking at her in the way that everyone does these days.
Dislikes: Attention, darkness, fire, loud noises
Player desires: Adventure! Cuddles, romance, smut as part of a relationship ... possibly an amount of dubiously willing smut.

Class: Charred Level: 1
Stats
Strength: 8 (-1) Agility: 15 (+1) Constitution: 13 (+1) Intelligence: 9 (0) Wisdom:  16 (+2) Charisma: 12 (0)
Damage: d4 Armor: 0 HP: 21
Alignment/Drive: Good - Use your fire to better another‘ s life.
Race/Origin: Human - Mark an extra XP at the end of the Session if you would mark XP from fulfilling your alignment requirement.
Bonds:
_______ is intrigued by my condition.
I hurt ______ with my curse. I will find a way to make it up to them.
I hurt ______ with my curse but they had it coming
Sometimes I feel like there is more to _______ then what they are letting on.

Gear: Load: /8
-Burnt leather armor (1 armor, worn, 1 weight) and a tattered cloak
-Staff (close, two-handed, 1 weight)
-40 coins and a burnt doll (0 weight)
-Bundle of ancient kindle (5 uses, one use satisfies the sacrifice for Tending
the Inner Fire, 2 weight)
-Flask of liquid fire (near, thrown, elemental (flaming), 3 uses, 1 weight)
-Dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)

Moves:
Charred to the Core
You have been scorched by a strange other-worldly fire that has seared through your flesh and bones and has charred you to the soul with an unstable flame. This burning scar is both a boon and curse, letting you draw power from it, yet plaguing your own flesh with wounds and singeing your immortal soul. Any normal means of healing (mundane, magic does nothing to heal you. Fire based damage heals your body instead of hurting it. Making camp only heals you for 2 points of damage per level instead of the normal amount.

Tending the Flame
When you spend uninterrupted time (an hour or so) tending to your wounded soul, you offer1 weight worth of objects to be devoured by your inner flame in exchange for the following effects:

• Lose any spells already gained from a previous Tending the Inner Eire.
  • You are granted new spells of your choice whose total levels don’t exceed your own level+1, and none of which is a higher level than your own level.
  • Prepare all of your rotes, which never count against your limit.

Casting a Spell with the Inner Flame (Wis)
When you conjure up magic from the burning wound in your soul, roll+WIS

• Your utilization of the inner flame sears your soul doing 1d10 points of damage.
  • After you cast the spell, the inner fire dims, preventing you from using the spell again until you rest
  • You draw unwanted attention or put yourself in a spot.

Ignite Weapon (Dex)
With a cautious hand, you can slowly coax the cursed fire from your skin to coat a weapon with a vicious red sheen of heat. Roll +DEX.

On a 10+, one weapon you are holding gains the elemental (flaming) and +1 damage tag against enemies until you dismiss it or
have an extended rest. The weapon still retains this bonus even if you are not holding it.
On a 7-9, the above happens, but with complications. Choose one:
  • Your utilization of the inner flame sears your soul doing 1d10 points of damage.
  • Your inner fire dims, preventing you from using this move again till you rest.
  • You draw unwelcome attention.

Spellbook:
Rotes
Guiding Flare

An item you touch glows with a wicked orange flare, brighter than any mundane torch. It gives off an unconformable heat to others but lacks any sound. It otherwise works like a mundane torch. The spell lasts as long as it is in your presence.

Provoke Fire
When you use this spell you choose a target hit by a fire based attack or a damage spell cast by a Charred. That target suffers 1d10 damage. Alternatively, you can choose a mundane fire to grow out of control.

Touch of Embers
Heal yourself, another Charred or any creature made out of or healed fire by 1d4.

Extinguish Flame
Put out a mundane fire or deal 1d10 of damage to a Charred or any creature made out of fire

Level 1
Blessing of Fire (Ongoing)
Any weapon with the elemental (flaming) tag deals an additional 2d6
damage. While this spell is ongoing you take -1 to cast a spell.

Coat of Silt (Ongoing)
A coat of charred silt surrounds you and darkens your profile. Add +2 ongoing to any Defy Danger rolls made to avoid detection. While this spell is ongoing you take -1 to cast a spell.

From the Ashes
Turn the remains of a burned object to the state in which it was before it was reduced to ash

ThatFantasticBard

Quote from: Kimera on May 14, 2018, 04:17:42 PM
I don't think that concept would be a problem. Not all of them have to be so gloomy. :3

Just make sure you have a reason why she would leave her performing lifestyle to seek out the unknown depths of the Labyrinth.

I was kinda thinking about using the "[Blank] is keeping an important secret from me." bond to explain that.

Speaking of which, anyone wanna go ahead and fill that spot? I could see Sammi wanting Nevara's Emerald Flame or maybe Daraman's knowledge of Ungrath. Or even Kaltia's... weird, burnt powers? I'm not really sure how that one works, honestly. Though I could totally see him being put under "I hurt ______ with my curse but they had it coming" if he was being super nosy about it. :P

AndyZ

So far, there's a Ranger, a Wizard, an Immolator, and a Cursed, right?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

pdragon

Quote from: JoanieSappho on May 14, 2018, 05:51:41 PM.
Also, pdragon, this mommy play. Is that with Nevara as the mommy? That might just be a thing of interest here.

Unfortunately no, she'd want someone else to be the mommy for her. It ties into her desire to be pet and pampered, as well as the fact that she's an orphan who never actually had a mother figure. After years of toiling and hardship she's really, really tired, and just wants someone to take care of her and tell her everything's going to be ok for once. It's honestly less a fetish and more just a need for emotional therapy.

Request Thread

pdragon

Quote from: ThatFantasticBard on May 14, 2018, 06:39:29 PM
I could see Sammi wanting Nevara's Emerald Flame or maybe Daraman's knowledge of Ungrath. Or even Kaltia's... weird, burnt powers? I'm not really sure how that one works, honestly. Though I could totally see him being put under "I hurt ______ with my curse but they had it coming" if he was being super nosy about it. :P

He could definitely be drawn by Nevara or Kaltia's powers. I was thinking that anyone with fire powers in this kind of setting would be like number 1 targets for attempts at extortion/human trafficking/power theft, and part of the reason Nevara is still wandering is because she's worried of people trying to steal the flame from her. Sammi could be case in point. Similar to Kaltia, Sammi would be good for Nevara's
"__________ has felt the hellish touch of fire, now they know my strength."

or

"I will teach __________ the true meaning of sacrifice."

bonds if you wanted to go with this set up.

Request Thread

ThatFantasticBard

Quote from: pdragon on May 14, 2018, 06:43:29 PM
Unfortunately no, she'd want someone else to be the mommy for her. It ties into her desire to be pet and pampered, as well as the fact that she's an orphan who never actually had a mother figure. After years of toiling and hardship she's really, really tired, and just wants someone to take care of her and tell her everything's going to be ok for once. It's honestly less a fetish and more just a need for emotional therapy.

Well, he's not exactly the right sex for "mommy play", but Sammi would definitely enjoy pampering Nevara if he liked her enough. Though there may or may not be ulterior motives involved. :P

Quote from: pdragon on May 14, 2018, 06:50:11 PM
He could definitely be drawn by Nevara or Kaltia's powers. I was thinking that anyone with fire powers in this kind of setting would be like number 1 targets for attempts at extortion/human trafficking/power theft, and part of the reason Nevara is still wandering is because she's worried of people trying to steal the flame from her. Sammi could be case in point. Similar to Kaltia, Sammi would be good for Nevara's
"__________ has felt the hellish touch of fire, now they know my strength."

or

"I will teach __________ the true meaning of sacrifice."

bonds if you wanted to go with this set up.

"__________ has felt the hellish touch of fire, now they know my strength." sounds like a good choice for him. I think experiencing that sorta power first hand would be a great way to get him interested in learning more about it.

JoanieSappho

Quote from: pdragon on May 14, 2018, 06:43:29 PM

Ah, yeah, that's basically what I was thinking for Kaltia, too.

As for her burny powers, the basic premise is that her cave's source of light was this magical liquid thingy. That she loved looking at. Until there was an accident and a small amount got out and burned her.
And still burns in her, although not quite as painfully. Although I did toy with the idea of having it still be as painful as when the burning started.

ThatFantasticBard

Quote from: JoanieSappho on May 14, 2018, 07:25:33 PM

As for her burny powers, the basic premise is that her cave's source of light was this magical liquid thingy. That she loved looking at. Until there was an accident and a small amount got out and burned her.
And still burns in her, although not quite as painfully. Although I did toy with the idea of having it still be as painful as when the burning started.

That sounds pretty neat. I like the idea of it still burning just as bad, like it hurts a bunch, but she's had to deal with it for so long that she's managed to cope with it. Could definitely add some interesting opportunities for the character. :D

Sain

Quote from: JoanieSappho on May 14, 2018, 07:25:33 PM

You could have it burn when she does the ritual to regain spells or use magic.

Sain

My bonds.

1. I have guided  XXX  before and they owe me for it.
2. XXX  is a friend of nature, so I will be their friend as well.
3. XXX has no respect for nature, so I have no respect for them.
4. XXX does not understand life in the wild, so I will teach them.

I think either fire girl could fit number 3 perhaps? Or maybe 1 or 2?

Sammi looks fancy enough to fit 4 easily.

AndyZ

Kry
Name: Kry
Sex: Futa
Sexuality: Gynosexual
Description: Kry has a well-toned body of unblemished ivory skin, carried a great sword, and may or may not be wearing clothing from day to day.  Despite her immense strength, she merely looks slender and tone, with her femininity sometimes hiding her true nature as a warrior.  The reputation of her ferocity in battle helps to offset that.
Background: Kry is from the distant village of Rostyf, where the tunnels are made not from rock but from ice, and the hair and skin of the villagers are just as pale.  The skin thickens, refusing to scar and providing a little armor.  People say what they mean and mean what they say.  Marriages begin by default when a couple has sex with the possibility of impregnation, last only until either menstruation or the end of the pregnancy, and are not strictly monogamous.  The people there have five sexes, it's always cold, and life is exceptionally difficult.

It's not difficult to understand why Kry left in search of better places.

So much of the world is strange and confusing.  What is the point of clothes if one is not cold?  Yet many insist she wear them.  Why should only two people be given in marriage?  Why shouldn't people tell each other that they want to have sex if they do?

At least some things have become clear.  Using coins as currency makes sense enough.  She's done some mercenary work in her time, has mostly learned the language (with the occasional mistake), and has come to enjoy the idea of brothels.  Her needs and desires are simple, but they burn within her, and she fights for them.

While she's not an imbecile, she knows practically nothing about the civilized world, and sometimes she expects things to be just like they are at home.  This has caused trouble for her more than once.
Likes: Women, alcohol, sex, fighting, honesty, camaraderie
Dislikes: Lies, getting overheated, being mocked for her differences, being forced to follow social mores she doesn't agree with
Player desires: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102977.0

Class: Barbarian Level: 1
Stats
Strength: 16 (+2) Dexterity: 13 (+1) Constitution: 15 (+1) Intelligence: 8 (-1) Wisdom: 12 (+0) Charisma: 9 (+0)
Damage: d10 Armor: 1 HP: 23/23
Alignment/Drive: Chaotic - Eschew a convention of the civilized world.
Race/Origin: Snow Elf - At the beginning of each session, the GM will ask you something about your homeland, why you left, or what you left behind. If you answer them, mark XP.
Bonds:
Sammi is puny and foolish, but amusing to me.
Nevara's ways are strange and confusing.
- _______________ is always getting into trouble - I must protect them from themselves.
Vafi shares my hunger for glory; the earth will tremble at our passing!
Gear: Load: 6/10
- Dungeon Rations 5/5 (1 weight)
- Dagger (hand, 1 weight)
- Token (Pendant of a prismatic glass figurine in the shape of a butterfly)
- Adventuring Gear 5/5 (1 weight)
- Dungeon Rations 5/5 (1 weight)
- Two-handed Sword (close, +1 damage, 2 weight)
Moves:
Unencumbered, Unharmed - So long as you are below your load and neither wear armor nor carry a shield, take +1 armor.
The Upper Hand - You take +1 ongoing to last breath rolls. When you take your last breath, on a 7–9 you make an offer to Death in return for your life. If Death accepts he will return you to life. If not, you die.
What Are You Waiting For? - When you cry out a challenge to your enemies, roll+Con. • On a 10+ they treat you as the most obvious threat to be dealt with and ignore your companions, take +2 damage ongoing against them. • On a 7–9 only a few (the weakest or most foolhardy among them) fall prey to your taunting.
Herculean Appetites - Mortal pleasures, ??? - Others may content themselves with just a taste of wine, or dominion over a servant or two, but you want more. Choose two appetites. While pursuing one of your appetites if you would roll for a move, instead of rolling 2d6 you roll 1d6+1d8. If the d6 is the higher die of the pair, the GM will also introduce a complication or danger that comes about due to your heedless pursuits.

I just noticed I need a second Appetite, and not really sure what would fit.  Suggestions welcome!

AndyZ

Hey everyone ^_^ I'm a little late to the party, but working on catching up fast.

I think this can fit Sammi pretty well.  Interestingly, Kry will not find it odd or unusual in the least that Sammi appears feminine; this is very normal for males in Rostyf.  She's probably made a few references to Neutrois as the kind of men who appear very masculine, but hasn't gone into detail about the other Rostyf sexes unless asked.

Nevara's ways are strange and confusing.

This feels like a no-brainer for Nevara.  Kry respects their differences but won't really understand.  They probably both have a "You're weird to me, you think I'm weird, and we're both cool with that" mentality.

The other two I'm not sure about:

X is always getting into trouble - I must protect them from themselves.

X shares my hunger for glory; the earth will tremble at our passing!

So for my end of Bonds that other people have that I think would fit Kry:

Nevara: Kry has felt the hellish touch of fire, now they know my strength.

Kry has a very healthy respect for flame and a show of battle prowess.  She hates heat and being burned.

Edit: Looks like this was already suggested for others, and I'm not sure if/how the others would fit.

Sammi: Kry is woefully misinformed about the world; I will teach them all that I can.

This one's a no-brainer, I think ^_^ You can just imagine how things will go whenever Kry tries to Spout Lore and gets a 6 or less, and just assumes things are either like how they were either back home or in another faraway place.

Kaltia: I hurt Kry with my curse...

I can easily imagine Kry starting off a conversation with something like, "I know you're scarred, but I still think you're pretty cute, and I'd like to have sex with you."  This can be explained later as just her way of speaking, maybe a compliment because Kry thought Kaltia was looking down.  Whether it's something to make up or not would be up to your character ^_^

Daraman:

-I have guided  XXX  before and they owe me for it.
-XXX  is a friend of nature, so I will be their friend as well.

Either one of these could fit pretty easily ^_^ I would lean towards friend of nature, but Kry will also need a lot of guiding in civilized areas.

If any of these don't fit, or if anyone has other ideas or suggestions, don't be afraid to say ^_^ My feelings don't get hurt easily, and I haven't actually seen any of the characters in play yet to know for sure.

EDIT: I changed Rostaf to Rostyf.  I'll have an easier time remembering the name if it's an anagram of Frosty ^_^

pdragon

@Joanie
They can be like twin fire sisters on an endless search for a mommy  :P

Like two serious looking women, one covered in burns the other looking like a freaky three-eyed alien, just go around the bar together to every woman like "can you please be our momma?"

@FantasticBard
I could actually see that being a fun scene. Like he gets her trust enough for her to open up about her mommy issues, and he suggests being her mommy. At first she obviously thinks he's just making fun of her, but then bit by bit they start getting into it despite the weird set up. And of course she makes him swear to tell no one about it afterwards.

@Sain
I could see Nevara fitting number 3, since she absolutely despises the labyrinth and every creature in it, and she's incredibly ruthless whenever they have to hunt for food and the like.

@AndyZ
I like the mutual understanding bit. Though I could also see her having an appreciation for Kry's "primitive" ways more than other people, having socially regressed a bit herself due to surviving out in the wild on her own for a time. She probably wouldn't mind her forwardness either, especially since she'd be self conscious about her corrupted appearance so she'd probably be taken off guard and surprisingly receptive with Kry's more straight forward approach.

And perhaps "I cast something into the fire for __________ and still owe them their due." would work? Maybe Nevara used her powers to help Kry with something before and since she still didn't have a concept of currency/payment at the time she still hasn't paid her debt on it.

Request Thread

AndyZ

Quote from: pdragon on May 15, 2018, 12:28:51 PM
@AndyZ
I like the mutual understanding bit. Though I could also see her having an appreciation for Kry's "primitive" ways more than other people, having socially regressed a bit herself due to surviving out in the wild on her own for a time. She probably wouldn't mind her forwardness either, especially since she'd be self conscious about her corrupted appearance so she'd probably be taken off guard and surprisingly receptive with Kry's more straight forward approach.

Awesome ^_^

And perhaps "I cast something into the fire for __________ and still owe them their due." would work? Maybe Nevara used her powers to help Kry with something before and since she still didn't have a concept of currency/payment at the time she still hasn't paid her debt on it.

I'm good with this.  Looks like Nevara can forge objects by hand.  Let's say that she repaired Kry's greatsword.

From Kry's village, everyone has so little, people die all the time, and everyone needs to do what they can to chip in so that nobody dies.  Originally, the idea of payment was just baffling to her, but it also seemed important not only to Nevara but to so many others, including prostitutes.

Eventually, Kry reached the point of just saying, "Okay, next time you're being attacked by monsters, I'll goad them into attacking me instead of you so you'll be safe.  Then we'll be 'even.'"  And this hasn't happened yet.

Sound good? ^_^

JoanieSappho

Updated Kaltia and I'll get to the bonds and stuff when I'm not super tired.

ThatFantasticBard

Quote from: Sain on May 15, 2018, 10:00:25 AM
4. XXX does not understand life in the wild, so I will teach them.

Sammi looks fancy enough to fit 4 easily.

Yeah, he's mostly unfamiliar with actually travelling outside his village, so that's perfect.  8-)

Quote from: AndyZ on May 15, 2018, 11:32:31 AM

I think this can fit Sammi pretty well.  Interestingly, Kry will not find it odd or unusual in the least that Sammi appears feminine; this is very normal for males in Rostyf.  She's probably made a few references to Neutrois as the kind of men who appear very masculine, but hasn't gone into detail about the other Rostyf sexes unless asked.

Sammi: Kry is woefully misinformed about the world; I will teach them all that I can.

This one's a no-brainer, I think ^_^ You can just imagine how things will go whenever Kry tries to Spout Lore and gets a 6 or less, and just assumes things are either like how they were either back home or in another faraway place.

That sounds like a great combination. I can definitely see them butting heads at times about how things should be done. :P

Quote from: pdragon on May 15, 2018, 12:28:51 PM
@FantasticBard
I could actually see that being a fun scene. Like he gets her trust enough for her to open up about her mommy issues, and he suggests being her mommy. At first she obviously thinks he's just making fun of her, but then bit by bit they start getting into it despite the weird set up. And of course she makes him swear to tell no one about it afterwards.

Huehue, that'd definitely be fun to see play out. It might be a bit of a hurdle for him to get over the fact that she's, like, leaking black oily stuff at first, but I can totally see him wanting to spoil her after she admits to something as adorable as that.

Kathyan

Vafi
Name: Vafi Cielclat
Description: Descendant of the faithful servant of the goddess of Light Vafi inherited natural grace and charm, smooth creamy skin and deep sapphire blue eyes where one could easily get lost into if you are distracted by the sight of her hourglass figure or generous sized bosom. Usually wearing loose shirts or tunics she likes to match them with skintight pants and belts that allow her freedom of movement as well as showing off the holy symbol she bears hanging on her chest but that also further accentuate her shapely curves and daring cleavage. But she is far more than candy for sore eyes and joyous respite for gloomy hearts for she also has a strong arm against the creatures of evil and stern judge for wrongdoers.
Background: Despite nobody having seen the light in hundreads of years hope has not been lost and people still try to look for a way to the surface, they still gather in safe spots and organize into dwellings, they still pray to the gods to find some sunlight even if it comes just from an unreachable crack or from a reflective surface and people cannot be left without guidance.

Vafi comes from the church of Ciela, an organization that seeks to help people find their way to the surface, her parents being priests of the order teaching her and preparing to follow their steps into strenghtening the hopes of the people and bringing them joy as they continued their holy research. But despite the formation she was recieving there was something else that marked her in her youth. Thieves and Thugs, corrupt merchants, blackmarketing and fencing..., the creatures of the underdark were not the only problems but people themselves were too. The the light that had abandonned them and that they were so desperately seeking for not only had to come from above but from within them too and to Vafi's eyes people had forgotten that, envy and greed had sprouted within society and she couldn't stand it, she had to put an end to that and she would, no matter the cost.

Setting aside her religious duties Vafi began a martial training one that would make of her a capable frontline warrior to pursue the quest of humanity into finding the light of the sun but also one that would her grant her ways to bring out the inner light from within others hearts, should anyone refuse they would have to be punished.

Her motivations were pure and right so even while her thinking seemed a little too radical she was granted approval by her parents and by the church allowing her to go out and deliver joy wherever it was missing and justice wherever it was needed, she was the law now and such she wandered proudly.

Likes: prayer, camaraderie, wine, being on charge, loose tops, tightness.
Dislikes: theft, mistreat, darkness, low morals.
Player desires: action, adventure, socials, sexyness, romance, femdom and any kind of smut you got in mind. ^^

Class: Level: 1
Stats
Strength: 15(+1) Agility: 9(+0) Constitution: 12(+0) Intelligence: 8(-1) Wisdom: 13(+1) Charisma: 16(+2)
Damage: 1d10 Armor: 3 HP: 22
Alignment/Drive: Lawful: Deny mercy to a criminal or unbeliever.
Race/Origin: Human: When you pray for guidance, even for a moment, and ask, “What here is evil?” the GM will tell you, honestly.
Bonds:
Kaltia’s misguided behavior endangers their very soul!
Kry has stood by me in battle and can be trusted completely.
I respect the beliefs of Nevara but hope they will someday see the true way.
Daraman is a brave soul, I have much to learn from them.
I respect Sammi for always relying on holy knowledge.
wiz
Gear: Load: 8/13
dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
-scale armor (2 armor, 3 weight)
-mark of faith, a small necklace that sometimes gets lost between her tits (0 weight)
-Long sword (close, +1 damage, 1 weight) and shield (+1 armor, 2 weight)
-Dungeon rations (1 weight) and healing potion (0 weight)
Moves:
-Lay on Hands
When you touch someone, skin to skin, and pray for their well-being , roll+CHA.
On a 10+ you heal 1d8 damage or remove one disease.
On a 7–9, they are healed, but the damage or disease is transferred to you.

-Armored
You ignore the clumsy tag on armor you wear.

-I am the law
When you give an NPC an order based on your divine authority, roll+Cha.
On a 7+, they choose one:
Do what you say
Back away cautiously, then flee
Attack you
On a 10+, you also take +1 forward against them.
On a miss, they do as they please and you take -1 forward against them.

-Quest
When you dedicate yourself to a mission through prayer and ritual cleansing, state what you set out to do:
Discover the truth of the promised land

Then choose up to two boons:
Senses that pierce lies
A voice that transcends language

The GM will then tell you what vow or vows is required of you to maintain your blessing:

Honor (forbidden: cowardly tactics and tricks)
Temperance (forbidden: gluttony in food, drink, and pleasure of the flesh)
Piety (required: observance of daily holy services)
Valor (forbidden: suffering an evil creature to live)
Truth (forbidden: lies)
Hospitality (required: comfort to those in need, no matter who they are)

Kaltia’s misguided behavior endangers their very soul!
Kry has stood by me in battle and can be trusted completely.
I respect the beliefs of Nevara but hope they will someday see the true way.
Daraman is a brave soul, I have much to learn from them.
I respect Sammi for always relying on holy knowledge.

Kimera

Looks good so far.

At this point, I think I have enough player to get started.

Nevara Ashlin - Immolator (pdragon)
Daraman - Ranger (Sain)
Sammi Gildwin - Wizard (ThatFantasticBard)
Kaltia - Charred (JoanieSappho)
Kry - Barbarian (AndyZ)
Vafi Cielclat - Paladin (Kathyan)

Further discussions around character bonds and whatnot can be continued in the OOC thread