Star Wars: Edge of Empire now Recruitment thread [System game]

Started by Chris Brady, August 08, 2013, 04:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

You'll note I mentioned nothing about her background raised by Ewoks.  It's her 'savage nature', and the fact that she likely would not have appreciated being 'owned' by Vin'Zorbo.  Apologies, but I don't think she'd fit in.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Kunoichi

Given that it's her character, I think she'd probably be the one to be the judge of that. ^^; It's a moot point now, though.

...So, would you say that there's enough interest to change this into a recruitment thread?

ShadowFox89

I would be interested in playing. I did have an Antarian Ranger idea a long while back... maybe I can reuse it here....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chris Brady

All righty, recruitment thread it is.

So we have:

Kunoichi

ShadowFox89

Hairy Heretic

Sinestra

Primarch

Baalborn87

Doomglazer

Muse

Potential players are:  (As in need more info)

mayovagn

chaospaladin

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Kunoichi

Yay. ^^ Though, now that it's a recruitment thread, it might be a good idea to put a little more about the plot in the opening post.  That way, in case any more people pop in, they'll be able to see what the game's going to be about without having to read through the thread.

Chris Brady

Easy Tiger, I just got up.  Let me put my head together. :)

Baalborn87

Kunoichi

'Droid' is one of the 8 playable races in the game, so I can't think of any reason why he wouldn't. ^^

Baalborn87

Probably should have asked earlier. Do I need the rulebook?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Quote from: Baalborn87 on August 11, 2013, 04:55:00 PM
Probably should have asked earlier. Do I need the rulebook?

The basic rules are simple enough that you should be able to pick up how to play without needing the core rulebook, but character creation is a little more involved.  I can help out on that front, if you'd like, but I think you might find it more fulfilling to pick up the rules for yourself. ^^;

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on August 11, 2013, 06:02:33 PM
I have the beta-book >.>

You should make sure to pick up the latest rules update from the last week of the open beta, then.  The overall rules will be the same as the core rulebook, though I believe they made a few last changes to the talent trees and racial stats between the last beta update and the full release.

ShadowFox89

Hopefully that will be enough ^^'

https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=49171

Fits for my obligation, I wanted to make an Antarian Ranger... For those who don't know the lore, Antarian Rangers are the guys without force powers who assist the Jedi on missions that are considered too dangerous to go alone.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

According to the official Obligation chart on the website, a roll of 72 is 'Favor'.  You owe someone who helped you out in a big way at some point in the past, and they fully intend to call in that favor in the future.

Of course, it's only off by 1 from Oath, which I'm guessing is what you were going for...  Right? ^^; It certainly would be fitting for your character concept.  During the time of the Empire, the Antarian Rangers largely concerned themselves with locating and hiding away force sensitives from Vader and the Inquisition, particularly surviving Jedi, so that would certainly leave you with a nice, ready-made obligation to start with...

The next question to think about, though, is what would such a character have done that would leave him working for Vinny the Hutt?

ShadowFox89

Well, I imagine they'd be part timing as a smuggler (since helping Jedi hide doesn't pay the bills).  I'll probably go with both Oath and Favor..... Oath (Antarian Ranger Code) and Favor (Vinny helped them and a Jedi hide out).

Taking Twi'Lek and Smuggler, picking scoundrel as my focus.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Sounds like a workable character to me. ^^ As a general aid for character creation, I'd recommend people use this lovely character sheet, also.  It's really helpful, because on top of being a fillable .pdf file, it also automatically calculates your dicepools for you.

ShadowFox89

Is there an editable version of the sheet? Or could anyone work up a plaintext sheet?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

The version I linked to is editable, you just have to download it before you can edit it, rather than opening it in your browser.

ShadowFox89

Well, starting with 2 ranks in Charm, I hope I can bring a tiny bit of face-power to the team. Also having piloting (space) so I can do some flying unless we have a dedicated pilot.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Ah, nice. ^^ I've got Mechanics covered, myself, though I can also fill in on Computers and Streetwise, if we don't have anyone specializing in those skills.  I've also got a rank in Pilot (Planetary), but my Agility is only average, so I probably shouldn't be the one we rely on in daring chase scenes just yet.

ShadowFox89

I think I'm going to buy a second rank in Pilot (light) and boost my Agility to 3..... That'll account for about half my starting XP. Thinking of picking up Pilot as an extra specialty, if there's no one else going piloting.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

My own recommendation for spending starting exp is to put most of it into your Characteristics. ^^; You can only raise those with exp during character creation, not in play, so it's generally a good idea to get them to a point you're satisfied with, then use the exp you earn during the game to increase your skills.

Also, you do get a number of 'free' skill ranks to invest in a few skills of your choice before being required to spend experience, so it's not like you'll be starting the game completely unskilled, either.

ShadowFox89

Well agility to 3 is 30xp, Presence to 4 is 40, gives me enough XP left over to boost another stat to 3.... Probably Cunning. Though I'm tempted to boost brawn to 2 >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Boosting Brawn to 2 and spending the remaining 10 experience on skill ranks and/or talents is certainly a viable option. ^^

ShadowFox89

Well, if I have two Obligations.... I could raise them a bit to get 10 extra XP, right? Looks like the errata stuff changed it so that getting a new specialization costs (new total x 10), which means I wouldn't be able to afford both it an the boost in brawn >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

You can only get enough extra obligation to double your starting obligation, and the amount of starting obligation you get depends on the size of the group you're in.

Considering the number of people who've shown interest, I think you're probably only going to be able to get either 5 extra xp, or 1,000 extra starting credits for equipment.