[PF] Ironfang Invasion: Hunted Heroines

Started by 1651Leviathan, August 25, 2017, 12:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes1266

Snake

I wanted to do give a really good reason for Akina to truly hate the things.

Hobbes1266

I get it, it just makes me uncomfortable, it doesn't really matter, I don't want to push my personal limits onto other peoples stories.

Snake

My apologies if it makes you comfortable. I could tone it down a little if it bothers more people.

AnneReinard

Okay. Aylinas and I hit on something that we're working on. I just want to run some of the basics past the GM to make sure he does not loathe the idea!

I was looking for things that might be fun to do together. I hit upon Elemental Commixture during this search and let out a suitably excited squeal. It seems like something that would be fun to work on with a partner, after all! So we decided that we would look into doing fun Teamwork Feat things with spellcasters.

Currently, we're looking at Arcanist, because we wish to be bookish waifs who can have intellectual conversations on the merits of magic... and being a full prepared spellcaster like a Wizard can be awfully hard to manage sometimes. Originally, I was looking at School Savant so that we can give ourselves the Wizard Elemental Schools w/ Opposition schools, because having each other fill the hole of the other like an Air/Earth pair might be quite nice as well. I was wondering if this is fine, because while I think the RAI should allow for it, the RAW mentions choosing two Opposition schools (a clause that Wizard Elemental schools removed).

Any thoughts on the matter, Levi?
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

Ixy

Takari Fox-At-Dusk < Mythweavers Link

Level 1 Half-Elf, Unchained Rogue, CG

Background
Takari's father was a natural spellcaster of the Sylvan-blooded high elves, whose love for a human ranger was so intense that it seemed to overshadow the years that would outspan their lifetimes.  Takari was the only child born of their union, for the War was raging in the forests and fields near their secluded glade, and the fae-- with whom Takari's father shared an affinity of blood and family-- were growing corrupt, maddened with blight as a result.  Takari spent her childhood there, her mother ranging the woods for scarcer prey each season, picking off beasts or trapping, discouraging, or misleading marauding bands of soldiers, and thus the girl remained sheltered from war, and her father doted on her, convinced that his bloodline's continuance, even through a half-human, would make her a fine sorceress.

When her mother fought on-- her age beginning to slow her, unsteadying her hand-- her father began to lose faith in this prospect.  The girl showed none of the natural affinity for magic that he'd hoped, and the more he searched for it within her, the less confident he became that she would be worthy of his study.  Eventually, he became assured that the only way to salvage her worth would be to implant her further with fae blood... so consumed were they with the threat of marauding goblins that her mother could not see the threat in her own home; her husband had gone mad, perhaps from the blight, or perhaps from being so far removed from his insular society.

Offering the girl to the fae was a ritual that the man devised on his own, and were it not for the intervention of her mother-- who, with cold-iron arrows and a lifetime of experience fighting the blight, drove the corrupted fae back to their hollow and rescued her daughter from the girl's own father-- she would have died, or worse, in offering to the beings from beyond the Hedge.  Instead, still not a woman, she was scarred by the blight-- a rippling wave of white tendrils, like the sting of a man-of-war, along her right calf and thigh.  Her father disappeared-- perhaps consumed by the fae he had hoped to appease, or perhaps fleeing in shame at his actions.  More likely, he simply abandoned the two of them to their own devices, seeing no point in persisting where there was no longer anything to be gained.  After all, he would see many centuries more of life elsewhere.

Her mother, on the other hand, was so embittered by this betrayal that she returned to her hometown of Marideth's Crossing, a tiny village where her own father still lived.  There, she reunited with a couple of old allies, lent her aid to the village militia, and continues to serve in honest fashion where hunting and trapping cannot make a decent living.  Her daughter, on the other hand, has taken to other interests.  Although 21 years of age, her slow childhood has left her exploring the taboo topics of dungeoneering and trapmaking-- like her mother, she practices handily with blades and bows, but shows little of her mother's affinity for nature.  Rather, she seems at home when she has stone walls about her, and in her 'rebellious' years she finds herself borrowing any literature she can find about adventures, listening in on traveler's tales, peeking and sneaking in at the tavern where gambling thrives and drinks flow freely. 

She seems to naturally be taking to a rogue's path, seeking adventure and treasure, hoping to one day achieve material success, romance, and heroism rather than honoring a humble sense of duty or a higher calling of faith.  She is driven by her wants as much as her love of those dear to her, torn between the desire to break away, to be independently successful and to be a dutiful daughter, bringing some good to the home she has adopted and that has shown her more love than the father who despises her.  It would help, she thinks, if she could find others like her-- the war be damned, there must be someone out there who wants more from life..?

Description
With her mother's fiery red hair and her father's angular, exotic features, Takari is exotically beautiful in the half-elven fashion that comes from such stock-- but she has little idea how to use these looks to her advantage.  If anything, this beauty works against her-- she can't be taken seriously in conversation, for she has no ability to lead the subjects from one to the next, and tends to be either pounced on by wanton lusts, over-ridden by aggressive personalities, or ignored-- or worse, scorned-- by the jealous types.  A raising in isolation makes her barely able to order a decent meal at an inn without over-paying or embarrassing herself, and she can't divert unwanted attention from her lithe form or ample bosom with a joke, a glare, or a threat.  This naivete occasionally plays out in her favor when she drops an outright lie simply because it's so unexpected.  Still, she's a worthy ally-- her flashing green eyes capture much, and she has a keen alertness about her, with clear intelligence when it comes to dissecting a problem or analyzing a course of action.

Statistics Block
Takari Fox-At-Dusk
Half-Elf Unchained Rogue 1 CG
HP 10 / 10 Speed 30 ft Init 4
AC 17 Fort 2 Ref 6 Will 1
CMB +1 BAB 0
Shortswords, Cold Iron, x2 +2, +2 (1d6+1, 1d6, 19-20/x2)
Shortbow +4 (1d6, x3)
Str 12 (1) Dex 19 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 12 (1) Int 12 (1) Cha 7 (-2)

DM Question: Leviathan, Are drawbacks considered for an extra trait?

Hobbes1266

After reading the feat it doesn't look like you'd both need to be the same class. Looks like an interesting ability if nothing else, it looks fairly difficult to completely defend against with two save throws and the difficulty to dispell even partially.

ChaoticSky

Its that sort of thing that makes me sad Occults are banned. Psychic is really neat, especially when you have a full arcane caster to play off with their different views on the multiverse. That one picture of the two casters arguing over a table full of diagrams was one of the most amusing things ive seen in a PF book. Its not like they are any better than a sorc, and less than a wizard. Not to mention the amusing ways that psychic casting interacts with lewd stuff.

AnneReinard

Yeah, we're not sold yet on exactly which classes to go with. We just like the idea of intellectual arguments, which sort of nudges us toward Arcanist for the moment. It might be fun to do an interplay between Intellectual and Intuitive though on top of the feat fun... and then Sorcerer enters play quite nicely.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

Hobbes1266

Quote from: Ixy on August 26, 2017, 10:49:23 PM

Takari Fox-At-Dusk < Mythweavers Link
Just curious, but how does she have so much money? It surprised me a bit

Ixy

I haven't deducted the equipment costs yet, sorry.

Hobbes1266

Quote from: Ixy on August 26, 2017, 11:07:27 PM
I haven't deducted the equipment costs yet, sorry.
No need to apologize, I was just curious.

Mister Ugly

Is there any Limits on traits besides the 2.

I am looking at
Greater Adept of the Society (Wizard, Society): Benefit: You gain one additional 0-level spell slot

But for a witch not a wizard.

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

Miroque

@Mr.Ugly: Would it matter, as Witch's use mostly Arcane spell list anyway? And I think there is same trait for Divine spells aswell.

Petrus02

Quote from: Petrus02 on August 26, 2017, 04:44:29 AM
I'm still interested, and have a rough character concept. i don't have the time to fully write it out yet, but will add to it this evening.
done i think
Silent Stalker

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1313901

Background and personality: Silent Stalker is the lone survivor of a small elven village, refugees from kyonin, which was put to the torch by the Ironfang Legion. Forced to fend for herself from a very young age, she became attuned to the land, and learned how to survive on her own. As a result, she is now quite feral, and prone to follow her instincts more than what her head tells her, although she does possess a quite sharp mind. She has lost the memory of here true name, and people have taken to call her silent stalker, because she rarely speaks to anyone more than she absolutely has to. Shes known for her fierce hatred of Hobgoblins.

As a result of her years of living in the wilds, Silent Stalker has become feral herself, prone to follow her instincts more than her head, although she does possess the high interlect common to all elves. She lost the memory of her true name, a thing that vexes her to no end, and is always seeking information about it. She is a very curious girl, that already has seen quite a bit of the world, but possesses  a great thirst for adventure and the unknown still. She is true neutral,viewing life and death as the natural occurences they are, but still cannot overcome her own hatred for the ones who destroyed her peaceful life and made her the way she is.

Appearance:
Picture
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

description: mud covered, scarred, and always unkempt, silent stalker is not a beautiful sight. But if one were to look beneath the hardened shell, he would find a comely girl with small but firm breasts and a strong, and for an elf quite durable body.She has pitch black eyes, a sign for distant fey origins maybe, and brown,unkempt hair that reaches down to her shoulders. Silent Stalker has taken to wear only the pelt of her most recent prey, sometimes self- tanned, sometimes raw and a very short skirt made of plant fibre, feathers or rarely some simple cloth she got by trade.

A word on the slot:
She could work as the meelee frontliner, being an ac tank and once wild shape comes online a good damage dealer too, or use up an wild card slot to bring a lot of utility to the table. she can work as a scout or as a support caster if needed, but cannot do more then support healing, no chance to be a primary healer.

Posting frequency: I can promise one post peer week, but due to rapidly shifting worktimes and motivation my writing times change unpredictably between twice per day and once per week one something in between

1651Leviathan

Alright, I've added Silent Stalker and Takari Fox-At-Dusk to the completed characters list.

Ixy: Yes, you can take a drawback for a third trait.

Mr Ugly: You can take that trait for a witch, sure.

AnneReinard: If you and Aylinas want to maximize your chances, you'd make concepts that fill two different roles. If you both make arcanists, one of you will be competing for the wildcard slots. That said, if you're confident in your idea, you can go for it and try to impress me!

AnneReinard

Duly noted! I'll think if there is a way to make it fit different roles a bit better, but if not... we'll go with the goal of super-impressing you! Thanks for all the quick feedback!
Ons and Offs

Re Z L

Might have missed it somewhere, how is HP being done?
A&A

Blinkin

The standard is full HP at 1st. As it'll probably take a while to reach 2nd, it may not be immediately addressed... if things reach 2nd level. Most games never make it out of 1st before they crap out.

Note that I said most games and I have every confidence that this one will go the distance or I wouldn't of bothered to make a character.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Mister Ugly

@1651Leviathan; Thanks. I may not take that trait after all.

A question for ya. What time of year will we start in? Weird question I know but it would actually make a difference in my characters age and story.

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
Albert Einstein

1651Leviathan

Max HP at first level, yep.

As for time of year, late summer. The region is fairly temperate, though, so we won't be dealing with heat or cold survival.

Re Z L

Inkut Kella
Human Invulnerable Rager Barbarian

• Hair Color:  Red
  • Eye Color:  Blue
  • Skin Color:  Pale White
  • Height:  5' 10"
  • Weight:  132 lbs
  • Orientation:  Bisexual
  • Alignment:  Chaotic Good

Description

A taller, red-headed woman with pale skin.  The somewhat displaced Kellid woman still holds to her roots, and has a wild look to her.  She is a sometimes imposing person with a calm, collected outward demeanor.  Her eyes often betray her emotions, which can run the spectrum, but she seems to avoid letting such things get the better of her if she can.  She is distant from most others, but always willing to lend a hand to aid another in whatever way that might be.  Harming her, or someone she deems as a companion, is the easiest and quickest way to meet the woman's steel.  She will fly into a vengeful rage should someone attempt to harm her or one of her friends.

Background

The travelling Kellid family was a nomadic clan that was travelling towards the region of Nirmathas to take advantage of some of the trade.  As fate would have it they were met with a series of unfortunate encounters.  They first ran a little too close to the Hold of Belkzan, leading to a lengthy skirmish with a roaming war-band of Orcs.  Each individual battle did not take terribly long, the Orcs hoping to win out through attrition it seemed, but eventually the Kellid tribe managed to beat them back with enough damage that they found it unpalatable to continue the fight.  As one of the final battles raged on and steel clashed with steel, Inkut's father was dealt a mortal wound.  She fought tenaciously, along with her brother, to keep him safe though he eventually passed on shortly after they were free of pursuit.  They held only a brief funerary ritual for him and the other dead before moving on.

Thinking to discourage any further pursuit they made the choice to delve into the Fangwood to gather their strength and recover from their losses.  Little seemed to bother them at first, and they were able to make it relatively deep into the uncharted territory of the forest.  Within the first few nights a handful of their members went missing--abducted mysteriously by the blighted fae that haunt the forest.  The searching groups that struck out to recover their family and friends suffered heavy losses when they encountered the darker denizens of the forest, only a couple of them surviving to bring warning back to the tribe.  Eventually even those wounded succumbed to the Blight and had to be put down.  They were harassed as they left the forest, but suffered only minor injuries until they eventually escaped the darkness.

Weakened, battered, and bruised they were an easy target for highwaymen.  The bandits had grown accustomed to using the Fangwood to find easier prey, and when they set upon the already beaten and beleaguered family of Kellid they anticipated a high payout.  They had not anticipated the tenacity with which the tribe was accustomed to fighting, nor the hardships they had already overcome.  However, the Kellid were already wounded and the bandits were fresh--some even with military training from wars they had since abandoned in favor of an "easier" life.  The Kellid and the bandits fought to the man until only Inkut and her brother, Therod, were left able to fight.  Both were wounded, and as the remaining two bandits readied to land the final blows Inkut summoned up her last reserves of strength and resolve.  She took up her father's Greatsword with both hands as a rage burned in her eyes.  With a tremulous roar she struck the two remaining Bandits down before leaning heavily over the sword, panting and exhausted.

Wounded, and both in need of medical aid, they did what little they could for the dead before taking up some of their supplies and heading away from the grisly past to find a settlement to recover.  Her brother did not do well.  Despite hardly being able to walk she carried him on and they continued step after step, stopping only briefly to rest as needed.  It was several days of nearly endless walking until they reached Phaendar.  Bloodied and beaten they managed to find some shelter in the town as they recovered--and while Inkut slowly regained her strength, her brother did not.  Internal wounds and infections had already run their course and in the handful of days that they rested he died, leaving her with nothing.

In the following years she moved on from her loss, becoming an almost adopted member of the small community.  She performed many odd-jobs as she earned her way, including some work guarding or protecting others from some of the dangers of the world and augmenting the various guards of the region in times of need.  She had thought, or perhaps hoped, to leave that violence behind her, but the terrible rage continued to burn like a fire inside her chest.  Despite it all the town respected her, if only because they knew the terrible things that she must have had to endure before arriving in the town.  She has no deep friendships within the community, instead keeping the rest of them distant enough to not become too attached.  She continues to frequent her brother's grave from time to time.

Character Sheet

Mythweavers Link

Other Information

• Ons:  Being rough and gentle, strength, compassion
  • Offs:  Bondage, pain, humiliation
  • Post Frequency:  I can post every day most of the time, sometimes stuff can get in the way.  If there's important things going on I try to make sure I stay on top of responses so people aren't waiting on me.
A&A

Mister Ugly

should I mention my character is also a red head as is the picture!!

MU
Albert Einstein

Mister Ugly

Snow Dasfker-Winter Witch

History: Snow comes from a long line of hex users. All touched by the fey, human and all female. Their verbal stories tell of a great great...female that aided the fey with her hexes and magic. She died but her small daughter was saved and raised and sent out to grow. The fey have immortal minds and remember much. Perhaps it was a curse or a blessing but since that time their bloodline produce females only and each can touch the energy of hexes and the magic of the fey. Each is also a red head and have green eyes. Most are witches of some patron, a few become shamans and there have even been a handful of hex magus.

It was into this bloodline a new daughter was born. It was midwinter night, the longest night of the year in northern Fangwood. A snow storm raged outside as drifts nearly covered the house. A large fire roared in the fire place tended by worried men as a red headed woman, plastered in sweat, held the hand of one that looked nearly identical. They were Sisters in fact and an older woman with a shimmer of red hair that was flicked with grey, attended the birth. Just after the most fierce part of the storm, quiet suddenly descended and within moments a heartily cry pierced the air of the house and her grand mother would always swear there after that a plume of frost escaped into the air with that first cry of life.

Of course there was a lively discussion between the names Snow and Storm but her father insisted on Snow even with the red hair that glimmered on his daughters head. Snow grew up in a half hidden valley in northern Fangwood. The family homestead was known to those that needed to know and a few times stumbled on by those good and bad. the good ones found a meal and talk and then sent on their way. The bad!!!....

Snow ran all over the valley growing up. Her father was a ranger and her uncle a druid so she learned many things. But even in a nice life bad things come. Snow was barely five with a baby sister and cousin and another cousin on the way when word came of the hobgoblin and orc raiders. They swept down along the northern edge of the great wood as a call too arms went out. The raiders turned out to be much larger then then anyone had realized and at a battle at a barely known fort they were finally stopped and driven back. Yet there her aunt died taking with her the daughter she bore and her father lost his left arm just above the elbow.

The years pasted and Snow would travel with her uncle or father to local villages and learn more about the world. Many would back away from the red headed girl whispering witch. Yet others bought her candies and sweet meat and the male folk ales. She learned about healing and magic as she watched her mother and grandmother aid others.

The dawn of her 18th birthday was bright and clear after nearly a week of snow. She had her party and strangely just before dark her grandmother had insisted they needed fresh mistletoe from a small grove a few miles away. Inside the small circle of pines she discovered the agent of her patron. A tall strong satyr stood smiling. The rest of the night is still a blur of senstations and sex. She learned all about sex and lost her virginity in every way possible. Dawn's light found her laid out on a bed of pine needles as the being faded away, in its place a white raven flew in to land on a nearby branch. Green eyes met green eyes and bonded and she no longer felt cold, the power of hexes danced in her being and magic flowed as she saw what the raven knew. She named the she raven, 'Fayla' which meant white fire in ancient elf and headed home.

Her mother and grandmother took one look and wrapped her a cloak and put hot food in front of her then told her the secrets shared only when they were chosen. The Satyr had come for each and when left their magic and gifts were awakened and for a true witch a patron was made known. Seldom named but gifting magic knowledge to them as they grew. Chuckles and some concern were shown when they all realized that for what ever reason Snow had been placed on the path of deception and would gain magic to aid her.

Once the paths out of the north cleared Snow set off to find her way and see where this path her patron had placed her on would lead. Months later she found her self in the small town of Phaendar still following the path of her patron.

Appearance: Long wavy hair the color of autumn red, tumbles around her face. She is not beautiful in the sensual sense of many but has strong clean features and sharp big green eyes. Her lips are a bit pouty and always seems to have a red shade. Snow dresses causally in adventurer's gear. She does not show lots of skin with barely there gowns nor does she wear high heeled shoes. Her fey gifts include silken smooth unblemished skin with no pubic hair, a slight lift to eyes that tends to give her an exotic air. She stands a hair over 5 feet 4 inches and weighs 125 pounds. She seldom shows more then the hint of her breasts.

Yet under her cloths she has a very good shape and body. Fairly toned muscles and a shapely ass and full breasts [34c].
Snow does not mind being nude, she often was when younger and her sister and cousin were chasing around the valley. She just prefers not to show to much giving her, at times, mysterious feel.

Personality: Snow is basically a decent level headed person. She enjoys laughing, tries to sing but is not good at it. Loves peaches and baby birds. Unlike many of those that use arcane magic she tends not to talk down to others nor come across as aloof and arrogant. In fact she thinks a great many wizards and sorcerers are wusses barely able to carry the robes they wear. And by the powers what are the female casters thinking don't they get cold wearing shear gowns that show more skin then they cover. She could get away with it being a winter Witch but she prefers not to. She has tried high heeled wedge boots once and nearly fell over even though the men she was with thought they looked good.

Snow likes exploring and meeting people but she does tend to be a bit over protective of those she gets close with. She was the eldest of the girls and kept an eye on them especially her cousin. She has a bit of a temper but works very hard to keep it in check and tries to use reason and logic to figure things out.

Snow does like sex and has been with several men since she left home often traveling with them and sharing a bedroll. She has no problem being nude and in fact prefers to be when she communes with her raven for spells and powers each morning.

Snow is not the type to blatantly seduce someone nor betray her allies and might very well offer herself to protect them. Though 18 she tends to act like a big sister around other females....though there was that half elf back in the spring she traveled with and shared a bedroll.

She would not like being handled roughly should she be captured [though one never knows she might like being bound and ravaged] and would deal with it to help others.

MU
Albert Einstein

ChaoticSky

Ugh. I just know this is going to be awesome, but I think it would be best to pull my interest. Fingers in too many pies, dont want to spread myself too thin. Wouldnt be good for anyone.