Deception II: The Deceptening - Game Thread - Final Round, ready to run!

Started by Galactic Druid, March 21, 2016, 01:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

Remiel

I was pretty sure I had nailed that one.   >:(

Maybe Mia and myself are both half-right.  Maybe it's Chemicals/Cleaning Cloth, or Mercury/Dictionary...

Phoenixrisen

Alright, so Mercury has no super immediate effect, it can take days or sometimes longer for it to build up in a person's body. A dictionary is much more likely to be present in a bookstore. Sometimes they get downright dusty, at least a few used bookstores I've been in.

Therefore since I've strongly suspected her from the beginning, I'll venture my guess as well for:

Mintprincess with the Mercury and the Dictionary
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Galactic Druid

You are correct, but the game is not over!!

Madame Professor and Mintprincess, you both are free to converse before Mint makes her guess as to who the witness is! If you correctly catch the witness, you can still win this!

Remiel

So a dictionary is perverted?  I don't want to know what Ryven gets up to with his... <_<

Mintprincess

eh. I have no idea so I'll guess Remi.

Great job everyone.   Great job Ryven.

Galactic Druid

Is that your final answer? You have a chance to confer with your accomplice before deciding.

Ryven

Quote from: Remiel on April 16, 2016, 05:44:21 PM
So a dictionary is perverted?  I don't want to know what Ryven gets up to with his... <_<

OKAY!!  Slow your roll right there.

I. SPOON. FED. THIS. TOO. YOU.

Poisoning -> Mercury

Bookstore -> Dictionary

Fishy -> Mercury

STILL!  After I gave you these three clues, NOT A SINGLE PERSON USED THEIR GUESS TO ELIMINATE POSSIBILITIES.

I wanted to punch my computer screen so hard because everyone was saying they have very strong theories BUT THEN NEVER TESTED THEM!

So, I was left with being forced to use my other clues (which were not very helpful as you might have noticed) to basically force you all into making guesses.  Silence from the FS is a GOOD THING.  I should not need to give you all the clues I have if you're on the right track, which you were, until everyone decided to just sit and wait without actually doing anything.

By the way, extra points to Phoenix for picking up on the Fishy clue like that.  It was, indeed, meant to point toward Mercury in the exact way she mentioned.

Galactic Druid

Ryven has an excellent point. Sometimes, your best bet is to go ahead and make a guess. It eliminates possibilities, which is SUPER valuable in this game, and it also helps give the FS a strong sense of where the clues they've given are leading the players. Often, if a FS seem hesitant to give a clue, it might mean that they're worried more information will only cause players to stray from the path they're already on.

It's always fun to be the one that actually guesses the right combo, but it's just as important to take chances and whittle down the possibilities. Plus, as badass as it feels to catch a murderer, you feel like a real pro when you do it in 2 clues, even better if you're not the witness but they think you are now after pinning them so quick.

Phoenixrisen

Gots it for next time then. *Nods* If the gut says guess from now on I will.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Bruja

I think I missed the pick up on this game. *is a little confused*

Galactic Druid

Bruja

Galactic Druid

You didn't really need to, the main goal of the witness its to help players stay on take without getting caught, but since they managed to guess it on their own, you did well just by staying off the radar. On that note, since we have our final answer...

The Investigators Win!!

Rapt was able to testify in court, which ultimately lead to a guilty verdict for MP and MP!

Phoenixrisen

New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Blythe

Clue #1

Cause of Death - Suffocation, Severe Injury, Loss of Blood, Illness/Disease, Poisoning, Accident

Madame Professor

I feel like Accident narrows the means down a lot. The two that jump out to me are Ryven's Locked Room and Phoenix's Machine. You could maybe make an argument for Remi's Overdose... but I feel like poisoning would have been the way to go there.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Ryven

I feel like it narrows it down, but not that much.

Remiel - Overdose
Nightowl - Illegal Drugs
Madame Professor - Surgery
Rapt - Push
Ryven - Locked Room
Phoenix - Machine

You could make an argument for any of these.  An overdose, by definition, is an accident.  Illegal drugs, I would choose accident over something like poisoning because poisoning generally makes you think of more obvious methods like Arsenic right off.  People die from accidents during surgery.  People accidentally push people to their deaths.  The Locked Room I think would be more accident than anything, but it's hard to tell right now.  I know I'm not the murderer though, so there's that.  The machine is the same.  Works best with accident, but it's still too early.  Maybe another clue or two and we can safely start making guesses.

Bruja

I am inclined towards overdose and surgery myself. But I agree, more clues are definitely needed. I know that I am definitely not a murderer..so.....bring on the clues!

Galactic Druid

Alright everyone, the reboot is launched, and we have everything we need. Blythe, you may play your first clue again when ready!

Once again, I apologize for the reboots.

Blythe

Clue #1 (reboot)

Cause of Death - Suffocation, Severe Injury, Loss of Blood, Illness/Disease, Poisoning, Accident