[GURPS 4e] Prisoners of the Storm (LAUNCHED)

Started by Wintercat, February 21, 2012, 01:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wintercat

I am new to GURPS but I have had the books for the fourth edition for a while already, and they have been interesting to read. The interest in GURPS is that its capable of a variety of scenarios, and many of them are very tempting. I decided I wanted to give one a try, and to start with a simple concept. Medieval Fantasy, but expanding beyond the 'traditional' D&D limits. I have asked for Muse to join me in this, but I am looking for any others that would be interested.

Prisoners of the Storm - Medieval Fantasy (TL 4, 200 P)

The Great Isles are a strange dark eden, a place of mystery as well as danger. Surrounded by a great storm, only daring few have crossed the treacherous waters surrounding the isles to the shores, avoiding the dagger-like teeth of the sea, the reefs tearing apart any vessel with a careless captain aboard. More than a few have sank, taking men and women beneath the waves, to a watery grave.

You are among the survivors of one such ship, torn and damaged, the ship made it to a shore but with the damage like it has received, its doubtful it will set out to the sea again. Whatever reasons brought you aboard the ship to the Great Isles, they are now your home, and perhaps your final resting place. The whispers of the islands came to the mainland long ago, and many have come, and very few have returned. Whispers have been brought by ships with black sails, but very little contact remains with the mainland. Those that come don't seem to leave, and the few that ever make it out, do so upon the ships with black sails. None of them are ever 'whole' again, so few want to brave the sea and even consider leaving.

The Great Isles compose a total of three large isles, and a collection of smaller ones. Arriving to the eastermost Great Isle, the survivors of the Tiderunner galleon are faced with the reality as it is. The settlement of Rashaan lies before them, a small town of survivors from over a decade of shipwrecks. People that have made a coast of their home, but they have a clear warning to share.

"There are two other settlements we know of. There are those that can talk about the further mainland, but so far, there's only a touch of civilisation at the eastern coast of the eastern island. Heading beyond that, you are facing both untamed wilderness, and beings you may not have expected. What's more, you may want to be careful, because what may lay in wait might not be satisfied with only killing you."

Be it as it may, you are captives within the storm, and out of a dozen ships to leave this coast in last two years only two ever reached the other side. Those which set sail with the black sails flying high. Once a year, a ship with black sails sets out, carrying whispers of the Great Isles, and attracting more people to their mystery. Once a year it takes away things, and brings back others.

Despite all the dangers, this place is of great interest to many, for its whispered to contain many riches, many secrets, beasts and challenges unlke anywhere else, and more than that, its a frontier where humanity's claim on the land is a new one. Place where some secret is forcing people to stay. Where a storm allows some to arrive, while others are torn to shred at sea. Where there's only whispers of a few managing to leave the place, and a whisper that none of them are ever the same.

The game is intended to give a free reign for players to suggest interesting characters. There's assumption that -majority- coming is humans, but I am not saying they have to. More to the point, I am willing to entertain thoughts of various nature with this. From traditional fantasy races & 'classes' to some less standard ones. Suggest, name a concept, let me hear a bit.

This is a fantasy about a new, unknown horizon, new beginnings, and the choices that have to be made.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Muse

*Waves*  I've got two concepts, a knife fighting girl who is a spelldancer and a master of staves with a smoch of magic, and the first is well on the way to completion. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Jefepato

Sounds interesting, but those both sound awfully expensive, Muse.

Hm.  I'll have to review my GURPS books and see if I've got any ideas.

Wintercat

I had a feeling the intro wasn't that compelling one, but what can I say, I have a bit of a wild idea of a place where strange and bizarre are at home and where a lot can happen, but it'd ruin the surprises to share all of the ideas at once. Yet it seems there's not been a real lure in this game, beyond Muse and you, Jefepato.

While I'm willing to do the test run with 2 people, it does make me wonder if there's much attraction for GURPS games then, or if it was just that the representation was a poor one on this.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'm interested. I haven't played GURPS so I'd have to read up, but I'd be up for making an orc character.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

ExisD

Hi there. I'd be interested in this, it being the first game I've ever seen here for one of my favorite systems.

For a concept, I was thinking a noble's daughter who ran away from home and trained for heavy infantry. She eventually got found and fled to the Great Isles, hoping that the danger would dissuade her family from trying to find her again.

A heavy armor type, I know that is a bad idea on a boat but there will be boat armor, with a dueling halberd as her main weapon. I'm still trying to figure out personality, but foresightedness isn't going to be one of her strong traits.

Also, what would the disadvantage cap be?

Wintercat

Disadvantage cap would be half the point value, as standard. So, 100p in this case since a 200p game in mind.

Now, I admit the heavy armor and a ship may be a dangerous combination, but stranger things have happened. Besides, it could be she kept her armor off of her in that shipride (albeit probably a blade close to her to discourage any amorous crew at least) as they were on the way. The game begins ashore the island afterall.

It may make possible further journeys between the great isles a bit more hazardous while wearing that armor, but then again should also provide her with a good 'metal shell' for if and when the going gets tough.

Noble's daughter on the run. An Orc, although not sure yet what kind of an Orc. Knife fighting spelldancer or a master of staves. The fourth person has not named a concept yet at all.

Mmh yes, I think this could be good for the test-run. I'll wait a while, see if there's any additional interest and wait for you to finish up the preparations, but I do plan to run this once I can see some ready folks. I am quite keen on testing the system out and it seems like a good gathering to run a game to, already.

Anyhow, waiting a little while as said, not a real hurry for anyone, just glad to see there is any interest. Also, open to questions on this.
A&A

Jefepato

So...due to arriving in new lands entirely, a lot of social advantages/disadvantages aren't really relevant, right?  Like having Enemies or some Social Stigmas (like a criminal record) or Reputation or Status?  (Wealth, I guess, you can always take with you if you've any.)

I fear the one who pulls off 100 points of disadvantages on real personal problems.

Wintercat

If you take social advantages or disadvantages like enemies or stigmas, they will carry over. Perhaps your foe is just that determined to follow you, or you soon gain a new one of equal point cost (in essence, leaving it up to the game and the Storyteller to assign you that trouble) and as for the social stigma, if its known, a whisper of it spreads fast. Reputation and Status likewise can be 'imported' but likely will still take a character 'proving themselves' to come to full effect.

So I'd say that they are possible, likely to take a little more work than ordinarily perhaps but I'm not discounting the possibility.

The other option would be that some are new arrivals, others arrived on a ship before or so, already having been made to settle as 'newcomers' (in which case the social advantages/disadvantages might make more sense) but they'd still also have the 'newcomer' mark on them still, albeit not as wet behind the ears as the ones that -just- arrived.

If people want that option in use, I'm willing to discuss it, but I'd prefer it if most were from the ship.

In case of such an unlucky occurence as a character death, a new character would be drawn from the closest possible pool suiting the idea presented at the time then, though I do hope to avoid that, its still a possibility I figured I ought to at least consider.

Anyhow, for someone to pull off a lot of social disadvantages or such, they might always be an -exported convict- sent on the Great Isles for manual labor or such. Of course, such bindings may very well come to a halt if situation proves that they are better off free than bound, or if the situation demands such.

The main idea is to be creative and have fun, I'm testing out the rules and at the same time seeing what kind of interesting things people can come up with.
A&A

PeacethatPowerbrings

Are you sticking to a particular reference for the standard fantasy races in this setting? I ask because what I'm working up for my Orc won't be useful if I'm off base with what you've got in mind.

Hephaestus

Hey Guys. I'm interested in playing. I don't have an immediate concept but I'm comfortable making gurps concepts. If you still have a spot open id like to seize it.
Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.
~Peter Drucker~

Muse

*Smiles* 

I don't think we wound up with any non-humans save for the orc.  Maybe you'll do an interesting non human race?  Even an original one? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ExisD

I would've done elf, I rather like them, but most settings don't have them being very physically strong which is what my concept would need.

As for sheets should we post them here or send them via PM?

Muse

I think I have my statistics done, but need some sleep before I insert the story. 

Have Power Stones made it to 4th edition? 

Wintercat

Standard fantasy races are viable, but variants of many sorts ought to be present. I am experimenting with the system as is, so there will be non-standard things in for certain, and I don't mind player's testing the waters either.

@Hephaestus, I got no 'hard limit' set on player amount yet, and I am just seeing how much interest there is. I'll launch the game in time when I have the players ready and willing to play it.

@ExisD, if you want to play an elf, please do, and you don't have to limit your strength down just because your character is an elf. S/he might be able to surprise others by proving a stereotype wrong ,or it could just be s/he has something else than elf blood in those veins as well, who knows.

@Muse, on the matter of Power Stones, I believe they were mentioned in one of the additional books later on, but they're rare and hard to come by. If you look into creating one yourself, that'll undoubtably take a fair amount of time but should be possible. As for starting with one, I'd like a convincing argument as to why the character would be in possession of one and expending the fair amount of points in order to acquire it most likely, just to stay fair.

Bear in mind that the Power Stones I have in mind, and what I believe you are referring to, are the stones capable of actually generating a small daily dose of magic to use from them as if it was your own, provided the stone is in your possession still.
A&A

ExisD

Powerstones are in GURPS: Magic. They're very expensive, but fairly easy to make yourself.

I was thinking of taking some of the enchanting abilities from it if it's allowed. If we can enchant things ourselves how much can we have on our gear at game start?

Wintercat

Enchanting abilities are a bit on the edge for me, I'm fairly comfortable with magic and all its uses, but creating magical objects at ease has a habit of kicking the game balance out of the window. I'm still testing things out, so I would be willing to give it a try but if it is obviously pushing the game out of balance, then it'll likely face its own share of troubles.

I'd think in interest of fairness the pre-game gear would have to be acquired at the -purchase- prices even if you could manufacture it far cheaper yourself. Once in game, its another matter if you have wealth remaining, but I'd think that if someone starts with something equilevant to enough magical mojo to level the island while another player has their smarts, a better than average physique and that's it, then the second player would be feeling outdone and likely to not find the game any fun at all.

I might go along with having started working on 1 item beforehand and having it close to finish at the game's start. From what I recall from enchanting on a short read though, it takes time I think. Unless everyone agrees to large time-skips, its not likely to be easy to create things during the stay.

I'm not denying its possibility, but worry a bit for the sake of balance and admit there are problems I can foresee from it. On the other hand, it would certainly come in handy at some stages, might make for a very interesting talent, and would certainly step out of the usual way of going about the business.

Hmm, all in all, I think if other players find it alright, I'd say go for it.

@PeacethatPowerBrings, I have the orc character sheet under look, I've been thinking it over, and still have no real answer. Its past midnight for me, and I'm retiring to rest, but I'll try and come up with an answer soon. While the point total seems to check out the concern I had still bothers me a bit, checking a few things with someone I hope is able to help me out, and then making the call on that.

Sorry if its annoying to have to wait so, but as its a test-run game for me I prefer to double-check, especially when something makes me wonder this much.
A&A

ExisD

I decided against it because it didn't fit everything else I had for the character well, would cost far too many points, and it would take months for a successful enchantment. As for my sheet, I've gotten it done. and have a backstory idea to submit.

Sheet:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Marcia Soon
St: 16 [60]
Dx: 12 [40]
Iq: 10

• Will 11 [5]
    Ht: 12 [20]
    Basic Speed: 6
    Basic Move: 5  [-5]
    Basic Lift: 51

Advantages:
    Beautiful(Universal) [15]
    Charisma [5]
    combat reflexes [15]
    Fit [5]
    Damage resistance 3(tough skin) [9]
    signature gear(finely crafted, very fine materials dueling haberd) [3]
    Weapon Master(polearms) [35]
    Extended lifespan 3 [6]
    Night vision 4 [4]
    Acute hearing/sight 1 [4]
    striking ST 1 [5]

Quirks:
    Sanitized Metabolism [1]
    No Hangover [1]

Disadvantages:
    Bad Temper 9 [-15]
    Enemies, Medium group, hunter, rarely [-15]
    Lecherousness 12 [-15]
    Magic susseptability 3 [-9]
    Sadism 9 [-23]
    Social Stigma(Valuable Property) [-10]

Quirks:
    congenial [-1]
    Alcohol Intolerance [-1]
    Skills:
    Soldier   [2]
    Body Language  [4]
    Carousing    [2]
    Cooking [1]
    Disguise(Human) [4]
    Intimidation [4]
    Polearm [12]
    Pickpocket [2]
    Power Blow [12]
    Riding(horse) [1]
    Sex Appeal [4]
    Streetwise [2]
    Tactics [2]
    Swimming [1]
    Bow [2]
    Brawling [2]
    Knife [1]
    Axe/Maxe [2]

gear(medium encumbrance): $2,000 total money
    dueling halbred(10)- advantage
    hatchet(2)- $40
    large knife(1)- $40
    short bow(2)- $50
    steel laminate plate(30)- $900
    mail shirt+1 DR enchanted(16)- $200
    leather pants(3)- $40
    cloth sleeves(2)- $20
    mail leggings(15)- $110
    mail sleeves(9)- $70
    gauntlets(2)- $100
    boots(3)- $80
    pot helm(5)- $100
    mail coif(4)- $55
    backpack frame(10)- $100
    blanket(4)- $20
    wineskin(.25)- $10
    personal basics(1)- $5
    hip quiver(1)- $15
    20 arrows(2)- $40

light armor set(32lbs, no encumbrance)- Dr 8/6 torso, 4 arms/legs/groin, 8 hands, 5 feet, 7 head
    mail shirt- 16lbs
    leather pants- 3lbs
    cloth sleeves- 2lbs
    gauntlets- 2lbs
    boots- 3lbs
    helm- 5lbs
    cloths gloves- 1lbs

heavy armor set(87, light encumbrance)- dr 13/11 torso, 8/6 arms/legs, 12/5 groin, 7 hands, 5 feet, 11/9 head
    mail shirt- 16lbs
    steel laminate plate- 30lbs
    leather pants- 3lbs
    mail leggings- 15lbs
    cloth sleeves- 2lbs
    mail sleeves- 9lbs
    pot helm- 5lbs
    mail coif- 4lbs
    gauntlets- 2lbs
    cloth gloves- 1lbs
Backstory:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

For much of her, long by human standards but short by elven, life Marcia had hated how she was born. As the the third daughter of a minor elven noble she had one think to look forward to. That being sold off to some other noble house to serve as the mistress of several generations. This was a fate for all of the elven women who were high-born and not the first child. The low-born ones had it worse. Between their incredible beauty, tendency to be weak, but agile, and ease of being romanced many people did not consider them good for anything else.

As such, it was not a shock that she tried to flee. Though her stealing one of the prized house weapons, her halberd, was a bit unprecedented. Her success at staying free was quite surprising though. Marcia spent her time disguising herself and going through various human mercenary groups. Each time she had to run when her family caught up with her again, but she continued to be free for about 50 years before running out of options. In this time she'd turned her natural magical talents into simply imbuing her body to be much stronger and tougher than it should've been. Unfortunately this made her more sensitive and ruined her ability to resist magic.

As sh set out on the boat Marcia continued to disguise herself as a human. Though she can't help her very sharp temper about the status of elves. She'd also found that she enjoyed tormenting anyone she could, a bit of this being revenge for slights that she experienced decades ago from different people.

PeacethatPowerbrings

No worries. I don't mind waiting, and if it is a problem in the end, I don't mind changing it.

Muse

Name:      Amanda “Mandy” Firesong (Also called Tearsong by her mentor/adoptive father.) 
Height:      5’5”
Weight:   125lbs
Bust:      B
Skin:      Pink
Hair:      Hip length flames. 
Eyes:      Green

Attributes:   105
Health      12
IQ      12
Dexterity   12
Strength   10

Hit Points   11
Will      12
Perception   12
Fatigue Points   13
Basic Speed   6
Basic Move   6

4   Attractive Appearance +2

Basic Lift   20lbs

Advantages:  64
5   Fit
2   Longevity
33   Magery V (Spell Dancer)
7   Signature Gear:  Enchanted Bracelets (Armor 3) and Ring (Deflect 2)
20   Weapon Master: Dagger/Knife

Disadvantages: 
-15   Charitable
-5   Chummy
-10   Insomniac
-5   Cynophobia (Fear of Dogs)
-5   Pyromania
-5   Selfless
-15   Sense of Duty: To the good of all goodly folk. 
-5   Truthfulness
-10   Unluckiness
-15   Weirdness Magnet
-10   Xenophelia

Skills:  61
Acrobatics         2   (Dex/Hard)   11
Body Language      1   (Per/A)      11   
Dancing         8   (Dex/A)   13
Diplomacy         2   (IQ/H)      11
Erotic Art         1   (Dex/A)   11
Fast Draw: Knife      2   (Dex/E)   13
First Aid         8   (IQ/E)      15
Gardening         2   (IQ/E)      13
Herb Lore         1   (IQ/VH)   9
Holdout         1   (IQ/A)      13
Housekeeping         2   (IQ/E)      13   Cooking   9
Innate Attack: Projectile   2   (DX/E)      13
Jumping         1   (DX/E)      11   
Meditation         2   (W/H)      11
Melee Weapon Knife      8   (Dex/E)   15
Observation         1   (Per/A)      11
Occultism         1   (IQ/A)      11
Research         1   (IQ/A)      11
Ritual Magic: Spelldancing   2   (IQ/VH)   10
Thaumatology         1   (IQ/VH)   11
Throwing Weapon: Knife   2   (Dex/E)   13   

Techniques
Duel Weapon Attack      5   (Hard)      -0
Off Hand Weapon Training   5   (Hard)      -0

Spells:  63
Ignite Fire         1   (Hard)      15
Create Fire         1         15
Shape Fire         1         15
Deflect Energy      1         15
Extinguish Fire      1         15
Heat            1         15
Cold            1         15
Resist Cold         1         15
Resist Fire         1         15
Fireball         16         20
Explosive Fireball      1         15

Lend Energy         1         16
Lend Vitality         1         16
Recover Energy      16         20
Awaken         1         16
Minor Healing         16         20
Major Healing         1   (VH)      15
Great Healing         1    (VH)      15

Starting Wealth: 1,094

Weapons:  680
6 Fine Daggers
--Thrown: 
----Attack Roll 13
----Damage Roll: 1d

2 Fine Large Knives (Swing -1 Cut or Thrust +1 Impaling)
--Melee
---Attack Role 15
---Damage Roll Thrust: 1d+2
---Damage Roll Slash 1d+2

Wand

Backpack: Frame
Blanket
Candle, TallowX4
Personal Basics
Purse:
Wineskin

First Aid Kit   
Shovel      
Whetsone   

Amanda is the 5th child of a farmer named Boris—the last born to his first wife Lucinda.  Some days, she was the apple of her father’s eye.  Others, terribly fury flashed across his face when he looked at her, for she had her mother’s beauty, and he had loved her mother with all his heart. 
   Amanda’s siblings were spiteful and her stepmother was bitter—perhaps blaming her that her husband never favored her with the same love he’d given the departed Lucinda.  Gentle hearted and compassionate, Amanda suffered much from her family’s abuse, and all the more from a belief she couldn’t shake that she was at fault. 
   As a little girl, when she wasn’t learning to tend the house, she would sit in her grandmother’s lap and cry.  When she was done crying, she would stare at the fire in hearth and pour all her misery into it.  Some days, in winter, the fire took her misery and burned it away so she could sleep in peace.  Others, she tossed and turned late into the night—which only provoked angry elbows from her spiteful sisters.  Sometimes she slipped out and walked the roads of the province, dreaming of who might live in the castle. 
   In her ninth year, on one of her walks, a whim took her and she walked up too the castle and hopped the railing—meaning to get a look at the flowers in the Lady’s garden.  The Lord’s hunting dogs chased her out, one jumping the fence and mauling her badly before leaving her bleeding in the dirt.  Mandy crawled back home through the night, and the sunrise found her on the porch half dead.  She’s feared dogs terribly since—especially when they bark. 
In her eleventh year, her health began to decline.  She barely slept, and didn’t eat much more.  Sometimes, she would cut lightly at her wrists and ponder dying.  Her father grew colder and harder, strapping her for the least infraction.  The more he feared for her, the more wrathful he became, and he shifted from an affectionate drunk to a mean one. 
In her twelfth year, she tripped and crushed a dozen eggs from the hen house.  Her father descended on her in a fury.  As he strapped her back, she stared into the fire.  It leaped and roared as she fed it her despair, higher and higher, ‘til the chimney cracked and crumbled. 
Abandoning his rage in concern for his home, Boris released Mandy who fled to her favorite tree in the woods.  After crying for many minutes, she took her knife and stared at the vein in her wrist.  At last she couldn’t’ stand it any more and began to cut. 
   Up at the castle, Talus Firesong—a noted spell dancer and pyromancer—was visiting the lord of the land.  On a walk, he espied a peasant’s house going up in flames.  He hurried there and spun into a rapid dance.  The flames spiraled in answer to his moves, lifting off of the house and spiraling into the sky ‘til it was unharmed.  In inquiring what had transpired, he couldn’t’ help but notice Boris’s unease.  Going instead to Boris’s aged mother in law, he drew the story from her.  Fascinated at the apparent potential of the poor girl, he sought her out only to find her half dead under the tree. 
   He danced her wounds closed, and danced her to blood back into her veins, and then he carried her away from that awful place never to return. 
The little redhead found happiness and healing as Talus’s apprentice.  He kept her hard at work or at play for the first few years to keep the memories from haunting her too badly at night.  Meditation and dance, magic and happiness gave meaning to her life.  When she was ready, he gave her knives and showed her how to defend herself with them.  For a long time, she feared the seductive steel, but in overcoming her suicidal impulses has developed a powerful affinity for the daggers she dances with.  Insomnia still haunts her, and fire still hypnotizes her, and she still fears dogs, but she carries neither bitterness nor crippling emotional pain.  Indeed, her unhappy childhood has lead Mandy to a deep and abiding compassion for others that suffer. 

Wintercat

ExisD, Muse, I see 2 interesting female characters there. I am curious to see what the two of them may come to do in time. PeacethatPowerBrings, I should chat with you a bit about the orc, I like your concept but a more veteran GURPS gamer who I went for information pointed out a few things I think would be good to consider still. Going to see about replying to you in private message soon and after that, you can decide to post it up here for others to see if you so choose or to edit it up.

The game's not a first-come-first-served basis, if you need a bit more time to work on it, no trouble, if you feel you are done, please let the others see it as well and the discussions can begin.

I -can- run this for 2 people, I would enjoy having 3-5 people, and 6+ people is still possible too. 8 would be the limit amount probably, after that, it might threaten the game grinding to a halt at the absence of even 1 player.

But, at the present total of 2 ready folks and 2 people working on it, I think a lot of fun can be seen ahead.
A&A

Ia!

I am intrigued.  My apologies if I've missed this in the conversation so far, but which books are you using for this game?
Still the world is wondrous large,—seven seas from marge to marge—
And it holds a vast of various kinds of man;
And the wildest dreams of Kew are the facts of Khatmandhu
And the crimes of Clapham chaste in Martaban.

Ia On!  Ia Off!

Wintercat

I have not made a big conversation about the books as of yet, but lets see. Core Books are naturally a good starting point, but I do have the setting book for Fantasy, as well as a few books to add to the Magic. I have tried to gather about as many books as I can find, but I don't recall the list from the memory, there's a good share of GURPS books afterall.

Nothing from previous editions though. All material has to be 4th Edition, I am not comfortable with trying to convert old edition material on what is still a test run for me. I am fairly lenient fellow in my opinion usually, but I can be a rather strict guy when it comes to something I feel would unbalance the game entirely.

You are welcome along, Ia!, if you want to join us. At the present time though, I am considering asking a friend to help out PeacethatPowerBrings to reach a complete character. I am willing to help him out myself as well, but given what I've already said in private messages, I think having someone more neutral on the matter help him out would assist more.

2 Newcomers are more likely to butt heads on rule interpretation than folks that have grown more natural, more accustomed to these rules.
A&A

Ia!

Wintercat,

I've sent you (most) of a character via PM.  Let me know if you think she'll work for your game.  If so, great, if not, well, no harm and no foul.  :)

- Ia!
Still the world is wondrous large,—seven seas from marge to marge—
And it holds a vast of various kinds of man;
And the wildest dreams of Kew are the facts of Khatmandhu
And the crimes of Clapham chaste in Martaban.

Ia On!  Ia Off!

PeacethatPowerbrings

In re, my character. I am working on seriously retooling him to take into account your concern, and the advice, I'll let you know what I end up with.