Spartacus Blood and Sand Interest Check

Started by Primarch, July 27, 2010, 10:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

An interest check for a story with a similar setting to that there show on the moving pictures box, Spartacus Blood and Sand.

Ideally the group would have space for ludus gladiators, its slaves and guards and of course, the couple that run it. Ideally we'd avoid the canon characters, or perhaps set it in the days of Quintus's father so everything can be our own, or even set it in an entirely different Ludus, just keep the general theme, blood, whores & wine, friendly smiles and knives in backs!

If anyone has any interest or any suggestions for such a game, I have very open ears!

Yes, a different Ludus or Quintus's father/forefathers (if we want to be in the same Ludus, for familiarity sake :P) If interest picks up, there could of course be a second Ludus.

But, roles that could be filled

Lanista:
Lanista's wife:

Gladiator Trainer: Urbanzorro

Gladiator: Writersblockade (IC name to come later, if game is launched)
Gladiator:
Gladiator:
Gladiator:

Slave:
Slave:
Slave:
Slave:
Slave: 

Writersblockade

Hell Yeah! I was just thinking about whether or not anyone has done this for an RP yet. I'd definitely play a gladiator.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Urbanzorro

I'm interested and I think  different Ludus would probably be good, or one of Quintus's forefathers.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Primarch

I got a few roles up, if anyone would be interested in reserving one now, of course, this is by no means a full list and any profession could be taken up, so long as it would put the person into regular contact with the Ludus or its occupants, and as I edited in above, if interest picks up, a second Ludus could be set up to compete with the first, be it Quintus's fathers or a different Ludus altogether.

Urbanzorro

I'm interested in the role of gladiator trainer. Am I correct in thinking that that was pretty much what Doctorai was in the series?
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Primarch

Primarch

We may need more people for this to work. <.<

FlaminGlory

Figgy

I'd be happy to play a Gladiator - Love the show.

KaraKres

Just finished the series last night - after episode 10 I couldn't stop watching and did the last three episodes in a row!

I would be very keen to play the Lanista's wife - a scheming, sexy, manipulative cruel, heartless bitch...oh yeah...

Senti

Would a female gladiator be appropriate? I have not really watched the series but know something of Ancient history.

bubby

I have watched the series..*LOVED IT*...and though there was no Gladiatrix in the series, I very much would love to play one? I -swear- I'd be great at it..if you'd be interested in the idea!