Grab the book closest

Started by stormkitten, March 08, 2009, 05:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormkitten

Rules:
* Grab the book closest to you. Now.
* Go to page 56.
* Find the 5th sentence.
* Write that sentence in the body of the message.
* Don't go looking for your favorite book, or the coolest one you have -- just grab the closest one.

Lucien's brow furrowed in confusion
Darkest Kiss
~ Gena Showalter
"I thought of a wonderful present for you. Shall I give you despair?"

~Twisted Romance & Dark Tales~
*Extreme: Pregnancy & Breeding* 
ONS and OFFS

saturnschild

It Don't Matter Squat Because Inside Thirty Years the nukes  are gonna be flyin' like maybugs.
The greatest thing you can ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.-Moulin Rouge
In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living.- Walking Dead
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him. - Johnny Cash

Ons and Offs saturn

Aeval

With your right hand sensually caress your lover, as your lover caresses you. *I like my book!*

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Teno

Well, my closest book happened to be my QRG, full of tables and stuff. So, i've done the 5th line... Fun.

Bagels | 40 Portions | -18 to -23C | 30 days | N/A

Lilias

It was a near thing, but I did it.
(Jim Butcher, Small Favour)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Maeven

"Decedent" shall include the testator, intestate, grantor, bargainor, vendor or donor.

Not terribly exciting.  West's, Florida Probate Code
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

snow

but she backed away "good night, parker"
(dreadlocks, by neal shusterman)
RAWR! (it means i love you in dinosaur =S)

i do not understand what i do...it is no longer I myself who dose it, but it is evil living in me...for what i do not the good i want to do; no, the evil i do not want to do---this i keep on doing...i fined this law at work when i see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the laws of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of evil, i my self in my mind am a slave to goods laws, but in the evil nature a slave to the laws of evil

Diabolus Lupus

It was Mahmud's life and times that held the key to the birth of the Gypsy race.

Just a book I found at the library on the origins of the Gypsys

MHaji

For example, the reaction

Cl-(g) --> Cl(g) + e-

shows delta-E = +349 kJ mol^-1; thus, EA = + 349 kJ mol-1 for Cl.

- Principles of Modern Chemistry, Oxtoby, Gillis, and Nachtrieb

What? I tutor with this book.
Ons and offs, in song form.

-

AUCUUCUACGAACGUGAAGCUGACACUCAUAUUAGUCCCAUGAUGGAA

lexxusbabe

"to commence with Exercise 1: Head Retraction in Sitting (Photo 56). Many people"

Treat your own neck, McKenzie

MusicNeverDies

"The scar on his forehead burned like fire: as a Death Eater appeared on either side of the bike, two Killing Curses missed Harry by millimetres, cast from behind- "
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

saturnschild

Those who prevailed and advanced to the next round in the Struggle for existence earned the right to loudly proclaim their own righteousness. -Ai No Kusabi
The greatest thing you can ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.-Moulin Rouge
In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living.- Walking Dead
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him. - Johnny Cash

Ons and Offs saturn

MusicNeverDies

saturnschild

Ons and Offs saturn

Lilias

Everyone has ghosts - deaths you regret.
(Rick Riordan - Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades)
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Nadir

It was the first time he had called on me, though I had gone to two of his parties, mounted in his hydroplane, and, at his urgent invitation, made frequent use of his beach.
(F. Scott Fritzgerald - The Great Gatsby)

MusicNeverDies

Politically Correct Bedtime Stories: Modern Tales for our Life and Times - James Finn Garner

This rejoinder caused quite a stir, but not as big a commotion as when the queen warned: "And another thing, while we were immobile and you all blathered on in your sexist way I had a personal awakening."

Mortigan DeLoncre

Insull died broke living in a foreign land.

Rich Dad/Poor Dad - Robert T. Kiyosaki w/ Sharon Lechter

Grim

Going to seem shallow, but the two closest to me are Wanted and Watchmen.  A friend just returned both.
You will try.  You will fail.  You'll do so often. But that's half the fun.

O/O

Lilias

He glanced briefly at her, a comprehensive raking survey.
(Philippa Gregory, The Favoured Child)
~Wendell Berry

Avi

"Now 'ere the sun advance his burning eye, the day to cheer and the night's dew to dry."

(Romeo and Juliet, William Shakespeare)
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Aeval

begun very cautiously: "But I don't understand where did they draw the treacle from?"

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass Lewis Carroll

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

crystaltears

I didn't even have time to close my eyes.
Twilight
Stephanie Meyer

Well you did say the closest book...
Give someone an easy smile today; sign this petition on Elliquiy so we can see a man in kilts!!
fantasy compendium ~ come make magic with us

A/As - Updated 08/02/2011
writing - Last Addition 07/20/2011 | blog - Last Entry 04/19/2011

Shadows and Dust... Just Another Soul.

Aeval

intuitive or instinctive feeling, follow it ...

The SecretRhonda Byrne

Aeval has lots of books near her!

― Neil Gaiman

Ryven

"It's not funny, Ron," said Hermione sharply.

I've never even read any of the harry potter books...yet I still have them for some reason. >.>