Demon-Hunting Squad (Looking for Female Players and Male DM)

Started by iridum248, July 27, 2011, 11:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaulera

Just posted in the IC thread, awesome that this finally launched.

TheGlyphstone

Note that any specific details of Honsou demons, such as their Bans, would not be known at this time. The existence of Bans is known from other Disaster Zones and their inhabitants, but specifics are as of yet unavailable. That's why you're here.

Vergil1989

I just got a reply up in the Demon Lair IC.  Hope you all enjoy how things start out or if I need to edit for whatever reason lol.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vaulera

I didn't mean that as in I knew about the bans, I meant that like my character was unsure whether or not she was going to be effective against them with only her fists

Vergil1989

We might need a demon or two yet as well as a couple of girls for this since the story is a bit slow at the moment with so few people.  Unless Glyph, our current DM disagrees of course, but I feel we might need a few more people is all.  And so, I hope that this message is well received.  Adios for now!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Syene

In my experience, more people isn't always the solution. I would actually say we've got a good number of girls, though a few more demons might not be amiss.
[tr][td]
[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[/table]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Vergil1989

I agree in some regards to such a statement but in my own personal experience, more people means more ways a story can go and it adds the potential for far more interactions than if we had a smaller group.  There's pros and cons to both sides of the debate so we'll leave it at that for now if that's alright with you of course?  Still, more demons at least would be good indeed if nothing else.

TheGlyphstone

I'd agree that we are 'full up' on girls for the time being, but definitely need more demons.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if you need demons I would gladly volunteer become one :). Just need check the threads more thoroughly make a interesting concept.

TheVillain

My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Zaer Darkwail

(As note if person has something against my writing the person does not need RP with me in demon game, instead I can pick RP partner who does not mind it at all)

Name: Gorthos
Titles: Lord of Gore, Lord of Bone, Stag King
Appearance:

Gorthos is a ten feet tall mountain of hard muscle decorated with spines and horns. His method of breeding with women is by use of several tentacles which reside under his human skin weaved kilt. Each tentacle flexible with tiny mouths with tiny teeth and forked tongues but when mouths are closed they resemblance phallic shapes able to perform greatly in penetration. Each tentacle being at least inch thick. His minions do not have tentacles, instead having one twelve inch thick cocks.

Powers:

Immense Strength - All demons are strong, but Gorthos raises whole meaning of 'strength' among demons near cosmic level. He is well capable to level up whole city block by single punch on ground to create earthquake and even his lesser minions show above average demon strength.

Regenration - Gorthos is no tougher than other demons of his rank, but his regeneration is above average. Able regrow cut off limbs instantly as he looses them. It is unknown is he able regrow brain tissue or other important inner organs, as so far none has been able carve any those things outside his body. His minions are able to heal fast but unable to regrow lost limbs.

Scent and beastly senses - Gorthos has very keen sense of smell and his eye sight and hearing is average to his kind. But he also has special sixth sense which he calls 'instincts of a beast'. He can easily measure someones threat level and also predict narrow window someones surprise attacks even when his nose fails him. Of course he has no speed to match his instincts so at most he can minimises the damage. His minions share this trait also and being smaller they are quicker than their sire to react.

Spine throw - This trait is not so well known but he and his minions are all able throw up bone spines from their bodies as lethal projectiles which top of that explode in fiery blast. They are able regrow lost spikes in few short moments but they are not able to perform constant fire. But they can fire one spine at time to create short lasting concentrated fire.

Ban: Gorthos and his minions ban forces him and minions a honorable barbaric warrior code. It basics is that they do not attack mortals who have not challenged nor attacked them first. If mortals invade to their territory they warn them about it first and ask them to leave, if mortals refuse it is taken as challenge to overtake rulership of their territory. But if known the ban any clever hunter can word her words so Gorthos nor his minions attack them so long they are careful with their behavior. However same code does not apply to Gorthos cultists.

Minions: A only six foot tall miniature version of Gorthos with less spikes and horns. They are brutal butchers in close combat and able do small scale devastating damage with launched spikes. They usually do not get along with own kind, usually start headput contest to see who's strongest and toughest male. So for reason they wander in lone packs but even lone minion from Gorthos should not be underestimated. As altough minions can be simple brutes but they have uncanny intelligence for combat.

Cultists: Gorthos cultists are called Blood drinkers, a cult devoted worship Gorthos might and ways of a warrior and respect code of might making things right. Gorthos lets his cultists drink his blood which poisons their bodies to go through slow painful death. Pain which is only erased by going willingly in blood frenzy and satisfy their lusts with female captives. On record there is none female cultist followers but the few he has are brutal as men are and often rise up in leadership ranks because women can survive longest curse of his blood. During blood frenzy his cultists do not fear nor feel pain from most weapons, they are not tougher than normal humans and most eschew clothing altogether besides loincloth, so they are easy bring down with ranged weapon fire. But in close combat they show brutality and high strength. Any captured males are forced to drink the blood and in day or two the blood rage starts consume their minds.

Personality: Gorthos thinks himself conqueror who eventually rules whole earth by his brutal might alone. He despises use of magic and deception but some could say he is secretly jealous for other demon lords magical gifts which he had never gained. He has somesort primal honor of warrior and he considers figthing against mortals as hunting sport and enjoys immensely with spoils of the hunt (female humans).

In all his hunts a one woman had ever escaped his clawed grasp; a demon hunter who is known as Banshee.....

Catchphrase: My might shall rule this world someday! I shall not beg nor ask nothing from no one! If I shall fall, I shall only fall as a warrior to a warrior!

Vergil1989

You know Zaer, I like you as a person, but you've been here a long time and your grammar still is nowhere near legible.  How you manage to keep RP partners is beyond me personally.  I'm not the DM this time however, so it is not my call, but if Glyph allows you to stay then I shall leave.

Vaulera

Now that I read over that, it is filled with missing spaces, missing words, missing commas and I personally don't approve of the absurdly specific ban.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Vergil1989 on August 23, 2011, 01:32:13 PM
You know Zaer, I like you as a person, but you've been here a long time and your grammar still is nowhere near legible.  How you manage to keep RP partners is beyond me personally.  I'm not the DM this time however, so it is not my call, but if Glyph allows you to stay then I shall leave.

I guess I keep RP partners either because they are bad as me in writing, or that they do not care at all missing words/spaces and are able fill in the rest in their heads. Most what folks ask is that they understand the content I write (even if it lacks some words). As I said in my post above those who are bothered by this do not need write with me at all.

But if Glyph wants keep you or he dislikes also my writing style/lack of skill then I understand if I am denied.

Quote from: Vaulera on August 23, 2011, 01:37:16 PM
Now that I read over that, it is filled with missing spaces, missing words, missing commas and I personally don't approve of the absurdly specific ban.

Well, dyslexia combined with fact english is not my native language results in odd build sentences (as my own native language builds sentences likely differently than in english maybe). But what comes to Ban how sound I generalize it to 'silver projectile weapons' so it can apply to silver arrows, silver coated bullets or silver coated wooden spikes or silver throwing spears/axes? Overall I thought the theme of the Ban is that a purified hunter weapons harm Gorthos and his minions (and purified this case means pure silver). Most hunter weapons are ranged but there could be boar impaling spear made from silver and it also would work example.

Vaulera

My apologies about the language problems, but in regards to the ban None of us are specialized in that area or could possibly manufacture such weapons in the area we are or even gather enough silver ore to smelt in time to combat the creatures. It just seems unfeasible.

Zaer Darkwail

Silver is easier to find than find gold to create gold bands against Lilith and her minions. I presume anyway that all demons are vulnerable to the classic silver weapons anyway.

If the material/weapon Ban is not okay how sounds that Gortho and his minions are bound by honorable warrior code which forbids them to attack anyone who does not challenge them or attack them first. They can taunt and threaten but they cannot follow their threats if person does not challenge or attack them. Cultists however do not follow this code.

TheGlyphstone

Expand it to 'silvered weapons' or at least 'silver blades' in general and you'd be good on the Ban - limiting it only to projectiles is kinda unfair to the melee-heavy team composition, though you've got the concept of what it's supposed to represent down accurately. There's nothing in there about the weapons needing to be personally forged, and it'd be expected that no one would be carrying Ban-weapons on their initial encounter anyways, it's very much a rematch thing.

A 'code of honor' Ban would also be acceptable; it's actually more limiting than most of the existing bans in a way, despite being a psychological limitation.

I can't comment or judge on the grammar issue, and I don't like being put on the spot that way in a "me-or-him" fashion. If anything, go to Iridium to decide who she'd rather play with, I'm just refereeing the whole thing.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, but I think I use the warrior code thing as it matches quite well with Gorthos personality. Anyways Iridium decides then regarding allowing me in or not.

Vaulera

My issue wasn't the rarity of silver, but the rarity of silver weapons. Since we don't have  any prior knowledge, we couldn't be able to come prepared with silver weaponry. Silver is also incredibly heavy as well as being much softer than iron or steel. To put a coating of silver on anything would make it much to heavy to swing or fire. We are also already on the field, making it impossible to produce any silver weaponry of any kind.

In regards to the challenging thing, the women of the squad follow no such rules. They would merely gang up on the one demon that could not have any assistance from it's allies and bust it. As for Lillith's ban, people wear gold rings on a daily basis. An absurd number of places could be found with wedding rings engagement rings or even just a chain necklace in a city ruined or not.

Snake

I'm interested to join but I don't know who to use for it XD

Vaulera

Just take a look at the character sheet, make some stuff up and we can help you change the bans around if need be.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, as said, Gorthos minions travel alone and so if group of hunters attack or gang up one his minions it is considered as 'challenge' this case. One such minion could be backed up by cultists who drink minion's blood as religious practice.

But overall concept for Gorthos and his minions are ogre/stag barbaric warriors. Anyways true point regarding silver weaponry; without before hand knowlegde it is harsh ban. But any ban is meant to be mystery with each demon type to be solved.

TheGlyphstone

That's the point - especially with the resources of XCITE, getting your hands on a Ban-breaking weapon isn't supposed to be hard, like I said before, nor is it supposed to be necessary. They're supposed to make initial encounters difficult.

Note that one thing all the Bans have in common so far is that they're super-effective against one type of demon, but worthless against anything else - gold is soft, and so makes for an awful weapon material...unless the touch of gold happens to burn like a hot iron to something. A big UV-ray projector directed at a lizardman or succubus might, at best, make it tick louder on a geiger counter. In most cases, it'll be impractical to carry around Ban-breakers for everyone you might encounter, so you have to bring basic weapons as well.

TheVillain

I got the idea that there was a little bit of call for a demon whose a bit more morally grey, thought I'd try.

Name: Tig-Or-A-Arun

Titles: The Tiger Shark, The Rage of Atlantis, The Sword of the Ocean

Appearance: Tig-Or-A-Arun looks very much like someone gave a shark arms and legs and made it stand up. Eight feet tall and very powerfully built, he has tail extending backwards with a end for swimming power. Two fingers and a thumb on each hand with webbed feet, his head ends in a snub nose with shining eyes above it and rows of terrifyingly sharp teeth.

A fin extends from his back about a foot, which shows a dark blue with sea-green stripes. His underbelly is white. This coloration is quite dramatic in the air, but proves to be frighteningly stealthy in the ocean.

Powers: Tig-Or-A-Arun is a warrior who evolved from an aquatic environment. His powers are mostly along these lines.

Aquatic - The Tiger Shark breathes underwater as easily as a normal person does on land. And his swimming speed is about 150 miles per hour to boot. His sense of smell is supernaturally acute, and his ability to see in the dark depths of the seas is a proud link to the animal kingdom.

Atlantian - Born in the underwater city of Atlantis, Tiger Shark is much stronger and tougher then a normal person. Has been known to pick armored vehicles over his head and take tank shells, though with visible strain and discomfort in both cases. He also has incredible tolerance for pressure and cold and can not drown.

Warrior - Tiger Shark's hand-to-hand and melee-weapon combat skills are considered forces to be reckoned with even by demonic standards. Less serious hunters and demons have called him "The Underwater Bruce Lee".

Sharkbite - Tiger Shark possesses a bite attack that truly lives up to his namesake. Between his heightened jaw strength and sharp teeth he's been known to bite the heads of his enemies clean off in a display of blood and gore.

Ban: The horrible irony is that while his Ban works, it also only makes him more determined and increases his conviction that he's right about surface humans. Water Pollution is killing his people, and to slow him down, stop him, or kill him you have to do the same. Polluted Water is his ban- the more polluted, the less natural the pollutants, and the more destructive the pollutants the more effective the Ban works.

Minions: 'The Tiger Shark' considers himself an Atlantian first, a member of a dying people second, and a Demon a distant third. Some Atlantians even ask the question if they're really demons at all. Most Atlantians seen around Tiger Shark have similar appearances of human-aquatic life form hybrids, mostly fish for civilians and more predatory animals like sharks for the warriors. The vast majority of Atlantians are, sadly, either dying of various toxic exposure related ailments or sterile.

Cultists: Perhaps most dangerous for how well they blend in, the only real universal factor is that the cultists tend to be believers in Environmental causes. And some are even trained to hide this as well. Only Tig-Or-A-Arun's favorites will be trained as fighters, but if called into battle they will all will fight with all the fury a true fanatic can muster.

There is no known physical distinguishing characteristic to really mark the cultists, which can work in a hunter's favor once a cult has been located but finding one is the hard part. The only real clue is found in records, look for women who are oddly okay with having a large number of abortions, miscarriages, and stillbirths. The main responsibility of a human in an Atlantian cult is to allow Atlantians to use them for breeding- so if she's had what on paper seems to be a large number of abortions, miscarriages, and stillbirths it may actually mean she's had multiple human-atlantian hybrids and allowed them to be taken by the atlantians for conversion and raising.

Personality: To 'Tig-Or-A-Arun', this being a demon rarely enters the equation. He considers himself an Atlantian first, a member of a dying people second, and a Demon a distant third. Most of his people are of a similar mindset, even to the point where some openly wonder if they are demons at all. To 'The Tiger Shark', this question is a waste of time. Say what you will about demons, they aren't poisoning the waters the Atlantians call home. The demons aren't the reason 99.8% of Atlantians are either dying of a toxic exposure condition or completely sterile.

To Tig-Or-A-Arun, his battles are about the survival of his people and the oceans. Survival is his motivation, not anything so mindless as evil for it's own sake. Yes, he'll kill dozens of humans gladly if they're dumping chemicals into the waters. Yes, he's raped human women before- but his people are going extinct, and his people have the right to survive.

The hunters will probably find that, for a demon, he still comes off as surprisingly honorable. He may be a environmentalist extremist and species preservation fanatic on his best days and an outright genocidal maniac on his worst- but his actions do need to have some sort of justification along the lines of preserving the oceans, his species, or his culture. He'll try to avoid attacking even in the presence of children for example. He'll discard weapons if he's fighting an opponent that seems honorable but unarmed. He'll rape women, but only those that appear to be at the right age and strength to bear children in hopes of breeding them- he'll avoid damaging more then he has to.

In short, he'll do great evil but because he thinks he has to for his people to survive and not for the evulz. Whether this makes him a weaker, softer demon opponent for the hunters or an even stronger one has yet to be seen.

Catchphrase:
"I am the fist of all of my people murdered by yours, I stand for my people's right to survive. Live or Die, my soul can not be broken."
"WHAT. DO. YOU. FIGHT FOR?"
"Your sacrifice will be sung of forever, below the waves."
"War is my Destiny."
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheGlyphstone

QuoteBan: While there doesn't seem to be any weapons he's extra vulnerable to per se, he does have notable weaknesses that a hunter can certainly exploit. Tig-Or-A-Arun breathes water much easier then he breathes air, and his body is used to water in his gills and his fins then air and dirt.

The best defense against him is too keep him away from water as much as possible and dry him out as soon as you can. While he is a determined and ruthless warrior he is also from an aquatic environment. The dryer he is, the weaker he gets.

This isn't really keeping in theme with other people's Bans, though - remember that the Ban applies to lesser demon servants as well as the Demon Lord himself (and whatever the Atlantians may believe themselves, they're demons like everybody else for all that we've yet to actually define what 'demons' are...based on current players, I'm leaning towards entities from various parallel dimensions/realities). As previously noted, a Ban isn't necessarily something that causes extra damage - it can be something that's extra protective against the demon attacks, or as proposed by Zaer, a specific compulsive behavior that can be exploited. 'Limited fighting endurance' isn't really Ban material.

That aside, the character could be interesting - derided and mocked by his 'fellow' demons for being weak and soft, for certain.