The Gods & Goddesses of Olympus <Interest thread>

Started by kaz, August 21, 2010, 12:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaz

Mount Olympus – Home of the Gods

Olympus had been the home to the Gods for eternity.  They lived lives of luxury, ruling over the world below.  But there was a secret side to life in the clouds.  The human slaves they had that served, waited and made sure they had everything they wanted. 

The slaves were all taken from their homes at the same time, arriving in Olympus where they were presented to the Gods and Goddesses.  They would chose one or two of these new slaves, taking them as their own person slaves.  These slaves would have to do anything their owners wanted or face punishment.

The remaining slaves would put to work in the kitchens or looking after the palaces they lived in.  Some would be assigned to the Harem, a place where the Gods could claim other slaves.  Slaves stayed with the Gods for 10 years, the demands of the Gods and Goddesses too great for any longer.

~~

Ok, this is a rough idea for now, but I have more in mind.  I was thinking we could have a bit of al-sorts in this one.  Not just sex, but character building, plot developments.  I would like to see whos interest for now, we would need people to play Gods, and then folks to play their slaves.  This would be open to all, so will have M/F, F/F, M/F and bi.  If interested let me know and I will work on the premise, plot etc and see if we can have some fun with the Gods OF Olympus.
Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

LandofromTexas

Count me in!  I would love to play one of the Gods, or a slave to a lusty Goddess, or both.

Lando

Scribbles

Dibs on Athena if she's available, Goddess of War!

I have to ask, will there be just as much manipulation, gambling, backstabbing, bickering, games, etc, as in the stories?
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

RubySlippers

I would not mind being a minor goddess and keeper of the harem, above a slave and below one of the Big Twelve.

Could I play the legendary poetess Sappho elevated to a minor goddess that would be cool, an immortal under perhaps her patron goddess Aphrodite her sponsor.

LandofromTexas

I was thinking I might want to be Priapus.  He's not one of the big twelve, I don't think (a list might be helpful GMistress hint hint).  In fact, he's probably more a Roman diety than Greek.  A god of bountiful harvests, a protector of sailors, and, of course, male virility.

Lando

Scotty Rage

Ooooh...Ares...I could so have fun with that given my aggressive nature...

kaz

THE TWELVE

Zeus overthrew his Father Cronus and then drew lots with his brothers Poseidon and Hades. Zeus won the draw and became the supreme ruler of the gods. He is lord of the sky, and the rain. His weapon is a thunderbolt, which he hurls at those who displease him. He is married to Hera but is famous for his many affairs. He is also known as the god that punishes those that lie or break oaths.

Poseidon is the brother of Zeus. After the overthrow of their Father Cronus he drew lots with Zeus and Hades, another brother, to share the power of the world. His prize was to become lord of the sea. He was widely worshipped by seamen. He married Amphitrite, a granddaughter of the Titan Oceanus. He desired Demeter, who asked him to make the most beautiful animal that the world had ever seen, just to put him off. So, Poseidon created the first horse. In some accounts, his first attempts were unsuccessful, he created a variety of animals in his quest and then created the first horse. His weapon is a trident, which can shake the earth, and shatter any object. He is the most powerful Olympian god, after Zeus.

Hades is the brother of Zeus. After the overthrow of their Father Cronus he drew lots with Zeus and Poseidon, another brother, to share the power of the world. He had the worst draw and was made lord of the underworld, ruling over the dead. He is a greedy god who is greatly concerned with increasing his subjects. He is exceedingly disinclined to allow any of his subjects leave. He is also the god of wealth, due to the precious metals that mined from the earth. He has a helmet that makes him invisible and he rarely leaves the underworld. He is unpitying and terrible, but not capricious. His wife is Persephone whom Hades abducted. He is the King of the dead but, death itself is another god, Thanatos.

Hestia is Zeus sister. She is a virgin goddess. She does not have a distinct personality. She plays no part in myths. She is the Goddess of the Hearth, the symbol of the house around which a newborn child is carried before it is received into the family. Each city had a public hearth sacred to Hestia, where the fire was never allowed to go out.

Hera is Zeus wife and sister. The Titans Ocean and Tethys raised her. She is the protector of marriage and takes special care of married women. Hera's marriage was founded in strife with Zeus and continued in strife. Zeus courted her unsuccessfully. Then he changed himself into dishevelled cuckoo. Hera feeling sorry for the bird held it to her breast to warm it. Zeus then transformed in his normal form and took advantage of the opportunity he gained, and raped her. Then she married him to cover her shame. Zeus was being particularly overbearing to the other gods and Hera convinced them to join in a revolt. Her part in the revolt was to drug Zeus, and when she managed that, the gods bound the sleeping Zeus to a couch, noticing to tie many knots. After that, they began to quarrel over the next step. Briareus overheard the arguments, full of gratitude to Zeus, Briareus slipped in and try to untie the knots. Zeus sprang from the couch and grabbed up his thunderbolt. The gods fell to their knees begging and pleading for mercy. Then Zeus seized Hera and hung her from the sky with gold chains. She wept in pain all night but none of the others dared to interfere. Her weeping kept Zeus up and the next morning he agreed to release her if she would swear never to rebel again. She didn’t have a choice, so she agreed. Since she couldn’t rebel again, she often intrigued against Zeus's plans and she was often able to outwit him. Most stories concerning Hera have to do with her revenge for Zeus's infidelities. Her sacred animals are the cow and the peacock. Her favourite city is Argos.

Ares is the son of Zeus and Hera. Both parents disliked him. He is the god of war and he is considered murderous and bloodstained but, also a coward. When he was caught in an act of adultery with Aphrodite, her husband Hephaestus publicly ridiculed him. His bird is the vulture. His animal is the dog.

Athena is the daughter of Zeus. She is fierce and brave in battle but only fights to protect the state and home from outside enemies. She is the goddess of the city, handicrafts, and agriculture. She has invented the bridle, which permits man to tame horses, the trumpet, the flute, the pot, the rake, the yoke, the ship, and the chariot. She is the embodiment of wisdom, reason, and purity. She is Zeus's favourite child and she is allowed to use his weapons including his thunderbolt. Her favourite city is Athens. Her tree is the olive and the owl is her bird. She is a virgin goddess.

Apollo is the son of Zeus and Leto. His twin sister is Artemis. He is the god of music, playing a golden lyre, of light and truth, who can not tell a lie. One of Apollo's more important daily tasks is to harness his chariot with four horses and drive the sun across the sky. He is famous for his oracle at Delphi and people use to travel to it from all over the Greek world to divine the future. His tree is the laurel, his bird is the crow and his animal is the dolphin.

Aphrodite is the goddess of love, desire and beauty. In addition to her natural gifts she has a magical girdle that compels anyone she wishes to desire her. There are two accounts of her birth. One says she is the daughter of Zeus and Dione. The other goes back to when Cronus castrated Uranus and tossed his severed genitals into the sea. Aphrodite then arose from the sea foam on a giant scallop and walked to shore in Cyprus. She is the wife of Hephaestus. The myrtle is her tree, the dove, the swan, and the sparrow are her birds.

Hermesis the son of Zeus and Maia. He is Zeus’s messenger. He is the fastest of the gods. He wears winged sandals, a winged hat, and carries a magic wand. He is the god of thieves and commerce. He is the guide for the dead to go to the underworld. He invented the lyre, the pipes, the musical scale, astronomy, weights and measures, boxing, gymnastics, and the care of olive trees.

Artemis is the daughter of Zeus and Leto. Her twin brother is Apollo. She is the lady of the wild things. She is the huntsman of the gods. She is the protector of the young. Like Apollo she hunts with silver arrows. She is a virgin goddess, and the goddess of chastity. She also presides over childbirth, which may seem odd for a virgin, but goes back to cause Leto no pain when she was born. She became associated with Hecate. The cypress is her tree. All wild animals are scared to her and especially the deer.

Hephaestus is the son of Zeus and Hera. Sometimes it is said that Hera alone produced him and that he has no father. He is the only god who is physically ugly and lame. Accounts as how he became lame vary. Some say that Hera, upset by having an ugly child, flung him from Mount Olympus into the sea, breaking his legs. Others that he took Hera's side in an argument with Zeus and Zeus flung him off Mount Olympus. He is the god of fire and the forge. He is the smith and armourer of the gods. He uses a volcano as his forge. He is the patron god of both smiths and weavers. He is kind and peace loving. His wife is Aphrodite. Sometimes his wife is identified as Aglaia.

Lesser Gods[/u]

Please let me know the name and what your god/goddess is the patron of.

Slaves[/u]
Slaves will be gathered from towns and cities over the World.  Some will be put out as Offerings, others will be kidnapped from their homes.  The Gods don't care, if you are what the Gods want you will be taken to Olympus.
Hermes, the messenger and the Head of the Harem circle the Earth two nights every 10 years.  Some cults who still worship the Twelve offer their members as slaves, others are searched and taken from their homes.  They have no choice, if they fight they are punished.  All slaves are under the care of the Harem until a God or Goddess picks them.

I want to see the bickering, gambling, manipulation, back stabbing that is indeed reported in mythology.  This is more than sex, but here are some of the themes I am expecting to see.

M/F
F/F
M/M

D/s
Romance
BDSM
Blackmail
Force
Orgies

OFFS
Watersports
Scat
Animals
Children
Players own OFFS will be respected

Character Sheet

GODS
Name:
Picture:
God/Goddess of:

Slave
Name:
Sexual likes:
Sexual dislikes:
Personality:
Background:
Image:

[b]Character Sheet[/b]

[b]GODS[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Picture: [/b]
[b]God/Goddess of: [/b]

[b]Slave[/b]
[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Gender: [/b]
[b]Sexual likes: [/b]
[b]Sexual dislikes: [/b]
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Background: [/b]
[b]Image: [/b]

Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

LadySheikah

I would love to play Artemis if you will have me.
llRequest & Parings O& Osll A&AsCurrent Storiesll

ღ My Group RPs ღ

ღRP Stats ღ

CLOSED! ONLY DOING GROUP RPs! (Sun, Sept 05, 2010)

kaz

Get those character sheets in if you want certain gods.  I'll put a strike through the ones taken.

Darkcide

Name: Ares
Picture: When He Isn't In Armor- Although his hair would be black, and more course.

When He is In Armor-

God/Goddess of: War, Bloodshed and Unpredictable Violence.

Also, what are the god's capabilties? I mean different gods would be capable of different feats. I'm just curious because I remember instances like Ares turning Alectryon into a rooster. This sounds like a pretty nifty idea though.

RubySlippers

Character Sheet

Name: Sappho

God/Goddess of: Deified Mortal, Goddess of the Isle of Lesbos and a Minor Goddess in Sparta - Goddess of Love Between Women and the 10th Muse (informal title)

Sexual likes: Bisexual has a liking of men and women of exceptional quality and merit.

Sexual dislikes: Violent Sex

Personality: A very down to earth goddess she patrons women lovers, protects her home island and women who love women (argues if men can bed men its just fair women do the same) and is opposed to slavery and excesses in war - but not a champion against this among the gods she is hardly foolish. She is optimistic and slow to anger but when angered she is a goddess now and can react accordingly but favors just punishment. Among her followers she is the most likely to help them when she can and is generous when sponsoring them to Elysium if they pleased her and brought her honor. Is unwed as an immortal but will only lay with a god (not goddess) if wed to them and her standards are high fa goddess wants hershe is very inclined to bed with her.

Background: The most fameous mortal poetess of the age who had numerous women lovers, a husband and three children and dedicated all her work to Aphrodite was elevated at the age of thirty to a goddess with the consent of Zeus and Hera. She is the goddess of the Island of Lesbos where she has a temple at the site of her school, patron of women who love women in all its forms not just sexual and openly opposed the right of men to take their daughters for no good reason and abandon them in the countryside which she intends to ban on Lesbos. And she opposes slavery except if they commited a crime. She has just one other temple in in Sparta (since the law governs the lives of children of both genders due to defects she has no issues with their killing girls when it happens) considering it fairly done and the women get ample rights. Her symbol is a Maiden with a Lyre as an outline, her sacred animal is the Nightinggale and her sacred flower is the Lotus. Her favorite item is a lyre of divine make given to her by Aphrodite that can shrink and be worn as a necklace. She maintains a small home on Olympus. In politics she defers to Aphrodite among the Twelve Olympians.

Image: http://www.illusionsgallery.com/Days-of-Sappho-L.jpg

Dark Deception

Where do all these good ideas keep coming from? o_o I was in an RP like this once on another site. Can I be Hades?

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Scribbles

GODS
Name: Athena
God/Goddess of: Goddess of war, civilization, wisdom, strength, strategy, crafts, justice and skill
Picture:

AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

kaz

I really would like a Zeus and Hermes.  I'm gonna take Hera.  We also need a few slaves.  But Hermes & Sappo will be the ones to round up the slaves.  When we start the Gods and Goddesses will have no slaves.  The former ones have been sent back to their lives, they have woken up back where they came from and are exptemely wealthy.  They have a vague memory but no specifics.

Once we get a few more characters up we will begin.

Dark Deception

GODS
Names: Hades, Pluto (The Rich One), Dis Pater, Orcus, and Aidoneus (The Ruler of Many or The Unseen One), Clymenus (Notorious), Polydegmon (Who Receives Many), Chthonian Zeus, The Silent One and Eubuleus (Good Counsel/Well-intentioned). Besides his renown names: Hades and Pluto, his other names are epithets for most feared to even speak his true names.
God of: The Underworld
Pictures: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/HlySd/Hades.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/HlySd/Roughwork2_by_sandara.jpg
Appearance in Detail for this RP: The god seen by mortal eyes is a very frightful sight. He dons wicked and sharp armor of ebony with a dark mantle where a cape of black flames drapes down his back. When wearing his helm, his eyes burn a sulfurous white, and his complexion is devoid of the colors granted by the light, making his flesh grey and at times also pitch. The length of his mane varies, often seen long to his shoulder-blades or cropped short in bladed layers. His arrival is marked by an aura of darkness that surrounds him and blots out the light of the sky and casts the area around him in black and white. He tends to get around in his dark chariot if not manifesting and leaving by choice. His infamous Helm of Darkness is different from the helm he normally wears. When necessary, he summons it into existence, its shape forming from the shadows, and its wispy formation is placed over his head to veil the god in nothingness. Without his armor, the god is handsome in the most darkest of ways. His being retains the black and white monochromatia that surrounds the bleak world of the dead.
Background: Hades is the oldest brother of Zeus and Poseidon and the brother of three sisters: Demeter, Hestia, and Hera. He is the son of Cronus and Rhea, and after defeating the titans and drawing lots with his brothers, became God of the Underworld. There are many epic stories that follow after this god such as his frightening feats in the Titanomachy (divine war), the rape of Persephone, and other stories concerning Theseus and Pirithous, Heracles, Orpheous and Eurydice, and Minthe and Leuce.
Personality: Hades carries a dark and morbid personality. He is also known for being stern, cruel, narcissistic and unyielding—his wrath known best by those who dare attempt to leave his Underworld or trick Thanatos. He is a lonely god, ruling the Underworld alone until Persephone returns to grace him once more with her colorful presence. In result, he is antisocial and disliked by several of the gods of Olympus. He is a regulator of balance amongst the living and the dead. He is greedy and selfish, always interested in expanding his dominion of ruin. He carries a dark sense of humor, and though bearing such high and fearsome revere, he is a dealer in persuasion. He is deceitful and can always be expected to have a catch for every deal or favor granted by him. He has a thing for gorgeous women, particularly, nymphs or women of high regard but 'lo any woman that seduces the god and encounters the wrath of his wife Persephone.

Because his relationship with other gods isn't mentioned in documents, for this RP, I have made his relationship based on his current personality and some articles I have read. Thus, his relationship follows: Hades's relationship with his siblings and other gods is rather antisocial. He rarely attends their events unless they be mandatory to spare himself later rebuke. He tends to attend them off to the side and where he hopes not to be bothered noticed by anyone. He dislikes attending events for ruling the Underworld is a full-time job, and thus he sees them only as distractions and a waste of time. Respecting his brother Zeus's position of King of the Gods, he doesn't believe that his brothers are stronger nor better than him for their roles were decided by chance with the pulling of straws.
Most Prized Possessions: Helm of Darkness, The Key to the Underworld, Persephone, the mortal flesh of Hercules, and Achilles.
Pet: Cerberus
Possessions: Ebony throne and a black chariot pulled by four equines of death.
Symbols: Narcissus and Cyprus plants, Scepter, and Cornucopia.

My only notes on this is, if anyone who chooses to RP Persephone or any characters associated with this god, if they wish to reenact the tales, let me know.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Idachan

I'd want to play Persephone roundabout the time of the abduction  but I could do a slave if that's more pressing. :)

BlueEyedBard

I hope you accept my character sheet:

GODS
Name: Zeus
Picture:
God/Goddess of: Zeus, the "Father of Gods and men" who ruled the Olympians of Mount Olympus as a father ruled the family; he was the god of sky and thunder.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Anosas

Names: The Iron Queen, Kore (the Maiden), Persephone
Goddess of: Spring and Queen of the Underworld

Pictures:

Appearance in Detail for this RP: She appears two ways to those that worship her, the first being the golden haired maiden of spring time, with milky flesh, emerald eyes and usual adorned in flowing gowns decorated with beautiful flowers. She is often seen carrying a sheaf of grain within her hand. The second way that she can appear is as the Queen of the Underworld,  with hair as pale as moonlight and flesh as white as freshly fallen snow.  Even her eyes are a pale blue-gray that seem to stare and penetrate deep into the souls of those she passes judgment over along side her husband. She is most often seen wearing dark dress's or those of purest red like blood, at this time emitting the same dark aura of her beloved. Both appearances are foreshadowed by the scent of hyacinth and vanilla.

Background: Daughter to Zeus and Demeter, it is said that many of the Gods made an offer to Demeter to marry her daughter but Demeter refused and hid her away from Olympus and those that dwelled there.  Hades was also said to be one of the ones admiring Persephone, but Zeus advised that Demeter would never allow this and encouraged him to steal her to the underworld.  Hades did as his brother bid, and stole Persephone away into the underworld to become his companion and Queen.
Demeter searched frantically,  and upon finding her daughter, learned of Zeus's hand in the arrangement and became infuriated.  She refused to let anything grow anymore, and the world became barren and cold. It was only when the peoples cries became so frantic, that even the other gods and goddess's were insisting something be done.  Zeus would tell Hades to return Persephone to Demeter, but it would not be done before Hades had gotten Persephone to eat a few pomegranate seeds. Any and all who eat of the food of the underworld are never allowed to leave again, but a deal was struck that Persephone would return to Demeter for a part of the year and return to the underworld for the other.  She is the only goddess to bring both life and death to the lands, as she both dies and is reborn when changing worlds.

Personality:  On the one hand she is nurturing, kind, protective, loving, warm hearted, loyal, innocent, charming, witty etc. On the other hand she is powerful, majestic, highly jealous, cruel, uncaring, dismissive, stuck up, smoldering etc.

Most Prized Possessions: Hades

Animals: Bats, rams, monkeys, parrots and all talking birds.

Symbols: Wreaths of flowers, torches, reeds, waterfalls, springs and rivers.

Plants: Pomegranate, narcissus, willow trees, lily, lily of the valley, oriental lily, ivy, maidenhair fern, daisy, and lavender.
Slave girls, Mistress?" I asked.
"Yes," she said. "They are stinking, meaningless, lascivious little sluts who have been as slaves in the arms of Gorean men. It has spoiled them for freedom. They are worthless, sensuous little beasts whose passions Gorean men have seen fit, as cruel masters, to ignite. Their sexuality, their shamelessness, their needs, their helplessness, makes them an insult to free women...."
---Fighting Slave of Gor, 4:63

PeacethatPowerbrings

Name: Aphrodite (among others)
Picture:

God/Goddess of: Love, Desire, Beauty
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

thrill

Name:Artemis
Picture:
God/Goddess of: maiden goddess of the hunt

kaz

CAST LIST (so far)

THE 12
Zeus – Blueeyedbard
Hera - Kaz
Hades – Dark Deception
Artemis – Thrill
Aphrodite – peacethatpowerbrings
Athena – scribbles
Ares - Darkcide

Lesser GOds and Goddesses and others
Persephone – Anosas
Sappho - rubyslippers

elfguy

Awww the one I wanted to play is taken :/ oh well!
----

kaz

We need loads of others, slaves, minor goddesses & Gods, Demi gods etc.

LandofromTexas

Seems I put in a suggestion for Priapus.  But, since it is not taken yet, I could be Apollo.  And I would willingly double as a slave of either sex.

Lando

MarcothTalos

Well with my unique knowledge of the Olympians I would love to join this, if Kaz will let my simple mind join lol. I would actually like to take on a rare role of mine as being one of the human slaves/champions of any of the gods perhaps? Human in most respects, yet with gifts from the gods and perhaps a power or two to keep him alive, let me know if a "Champion" is allow if not I can be a simple male slave of one of the goddess?
What would the world be like without a friend like me?

My O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75208.msg3279774#msg3279774

Hit me up on discord anytime for brainstorming! I am willing to rp there if preferred. Username marcothtalos