Fallout: Sanctuary Hills

Started by Primarch, November 29, 2015, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

WARNING: THAR BE SPOILERY STUFF AND THE LIKE! TURN AWAY NOW IF THAT IS THE SORT OF THING YOU WOULD RATHER AVOID

After venturing far and wide across the Commonwealth and coming into contact with the various settlements and factions involved in the region, Nora finally found a means to enter the Institute in her pursuit of her kidnapped son Shaun. What exactly happened inside the Institute is largely unknown, what is known is that Nora has only sporadically been sighted across the Commonwealth and any former allegiances have been utterly abandoned. When Nora arrives in the Commonwealth she joined by the Courser X6-88 and generally many other Synths. Nora's knowledge of each faction in the area allowed her to lead the Synths in numerous assaults, crippling the fighting power of the Brotherhood & the Railroad. The Minutemen remain in Fort Strong though many believe it is only a matter of time before Nora targets them next.

Our game will be set in the isolated settlement of Sanctuary Hills, the characters will be former allies/Companions of Nora or simple people trying to get by while the powers that be of the Commonwealth dictate the future of the area. The game will be semi-sandbox in nature so players are encouraged to be able to form their own relationships, make their own plans and most off all work under their own initiative. To provide a little something to give people  something to work with I will occasionally have something happen that the community must respond too, be it a raider/super mutant attack or the arrival of a group of traders who may or may not be legit. Mostly this game is just about providing a platform for having some fun in the setting most recently provided to us in the actual games.

The game will use the SPECIAL feature & perks to determine a characters strengths/weaknesses but beyond that this is absolutely not a system game, there will be no need note health, work out maximum carry capacity or roll dice. Anything close to "system" related will be an invisible system which will determine how events pan out, a character with a high charisma speaking on behalf of the community to a trader from Bunker Hill might be able to negotiate a better rate on regular shipments of goods and materials. Other events may benefit from different stats, it will be a case by case basis. 

This game does not require players to "start" as a level 1 character (or something comparable), the set up of the plot references the characters (Canon & OC welcome) being former Companions of Nora before her joining up with the Institute so there's plenty of room for previous adventures across the Commonwealth. The game runs with the idea Nora was involved with each faction in the game previously, so if you wish your character to have been a part of one of the factions and joined Nora for faction specific activities that is of course ideal. Regardless however your character will now be isolated from the faction for one reason or another and residing in Sanctuary Hills with the other Settlers trying to avoid Nora and her Synths.

Characters may be up to level 25, so you guys can select up to 25 perks to craft your character. Ghouls, Super Mutants and other non-human characters are welcome though I will not be introducing custom 'perks' to convert a character into an alternate, instead I suggest players use their SPECIAL points & take perks to create something ideal. As far as equipment goes, I don't have a hard rule I'm just going to say, be reasonable & use commonsense. These characters should be written up as people actually living in the Commonwealth, they cannot look up a wiki to find where the best source of a particular weapon is, they need to sleep, eat & hydrate to live, its not optional like in the game and of course, they can't reload to take another shot at that Raider with the Fat Man. You can take mods if you have the right perk, keep it limited to what appears before hitting level 25 and we should be good. It is of course perfectly acceptable for someone to take significantly less perks/equipment if they wish to play a character that's a bit more green.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b] Character role/profession in community, if any

[center][img]Game Screenshot or RL Playby only please[/img][/center]

[b]S:[/b] 1
[b]P:[/b] 1
[b]E:[/b] 1
[b]C:[/b] 1
[b]I:[/b] 1
[b]A:[/b] 1
[b]L:[/b] 1
Please distribute a further 21 points

[b]PERKS:[/b]
Select up to 25

[b]Weapons:[/b]

[b]Apparel:[/b]

[b]Aid:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Extra:[/b] Anything else

Questions, comments & suggestions are welcome~!

Lustful Bride

*Wants to join so badly but unsure if should..* ahh I want this so much but im already stretched thin! >3<

I will wait and see.

Primarch

Name: Conor McMahon
Role: Character role/profession in community, if any

S: 6/4
P: 3
E: 6
C: 3
I: 9/6
A: 3
L: 3

PERKS:
Strength (x2)
Intelligence (x3)
Toughness (x3)
Adamantium Skeleton (x2)
Big Leagues (x3)
Blacksmith (x2)
Steady Aim (x1)
Armourer (x3)
Hacker (x3)
Nuclear Physicist (x3)

Weapons:
Combat Shotgun
Super Sledge

Apparel:
Captain's Hat
Maxon's Battlecoat
T-51 power armor Chest, Right Arm, Left Arm, Right Leg & Left Leg

Aide:

Personality:

History:

Extra: Anything else

~Rest Coming Soon~

Primarch

Quote from: Lustful Bride on November 29, 2015, 11:51:08 AM
*Wants to join so badly but unsure if should..* ahh I want this so much but im already stretched thin! >3<

I will wait and see.

If it helps I tend to play at a more relaxed rate.

Lustful Bride

I think il sign up as a Minuteman. (Minutegirl :P )  Will we be going full on Terminator with all the synths everywhere?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

*Already planning to have Animal Friend Perk to sniff the Tinmen out*

Though I think il have my characters main goal is she wants to head to the NCR and abandon the Commonwealth. The Minutemen was all she had and now they are a fading candle.

*wondering what insane things our GM might throw at us and crosses fingers for Aliens*

TheRaven

Name: I6-46 "Icarus"
Role: Former Railroad Agent, but mostly involved with helping run and fortify Sanctuary

Kindly disregard the Pip-Boy

S: 3
P: 4
E: 2
C: 6
I: 5
A: 7 (8)
L: 1

PERKS:
Armorer x2
Gun Nut x3
Gunslinger x3
Hacker x2
Lady Killer x3
Local Leader
Locksmith x3
Mr. Sandman x2
Ninja x2
Sneak x4

Weapons:
Deliverer (Advanced receiver, short barrel, sharpshooter's grip, quick-eject magazine, glow sights, suppressor)

Apparel:
Fatigues (Ballistic weave Mk III)

Aide: (I'm not clear on what this means, exactly. Can I get GM clarification?)

Personality: The two defining qualities about Icarus are his dedication to self-determination and his work ethic. It might be slow going, but if he puts his mind to it, Icarus will get a job done through whatever means he thinks are necessary. Break-ins, theft, and assassination aren't off the table for him in many circumstances if he thinks it will work towards the greater good, and he's had experience with all of those working for the Railroad. However, when he's not being righteous and philosophical, Icarus is a very down-to-earth fellow who cares deeply for the people around him and seeks to improve their lives. With the Railroad gone the people of Sanctuary have become the group he cares about most, and he wants to ensure their survival all the more so having seen what Nora did to the Brotherhood and the Railroad.

History: A rogue Gen 3 synth, Icarus spent the the first two decades of his life living in the Institute; however, it didn't last. At about twenty-two years into service, Icarus began to self-determine, and he made arrangements to escape his perceived captivity. With a little help from the Railroad, he escaped the Institute.

Once he was out, he was more than willing to help those who saw to his escape, and he signed on with them as soon as he could. He was groomed to join their spy network, and did an admirable job for several years. However, it seemed the Railroad was faced with a multitude of crippling disasters: the Switchboard debacle, the Old North Church raid, Ticonderoga going dark, and more. He went to ground, and hard, integrating himself into the community of Sanctuary.

At the moment, he's passing himself off as a scavenger and lying low. Now more than ever, the people of the Commonwealth are wary of synths, and he doesn't look forward to the day his real identity is revealed. For now, though, he's happy just waiting out the storm.

After all, there's going to be an opening eventually. And on the day that opening comes, he's determined to be the one holding the pistol to Nora's head.

Extra: Nothing at the moment
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Primarch

Quote from: Lustful Bride on November 30, 2015, 07:44:14 PM
I think il sign up as a Minuteman. (Minutegirl :P ) 
Sounds good :D

QuoteWill we be going full on Terminator with all the synths everywhere?
No more so than usual. The Institute are more so getting trouble out of the way more so than taking over.

QuoteAide: (I'm not clear on what this means, exactly. Can I get GM clarification?)
Should have been 'Aid.' Error on my part, corrected. So 'Aid' would relate to food/drugs/stimpaks and the sort.

Atlach-Nacha

In case this is still open:
Name: Nettle
Role: Defense, looting and manual labor

S: 7 (+3)
P: 2
E: 10
C: 2
I: 2
A: 3 (+3)
L: 2

PERKS:
Strength 3
Agility 3
Big Leagues 3
Toughness 3
Life Giver 3
Adamantium Skeleton 2
Cannibal 2
Ghoulish 2
Moving Target 2
Solar Powered 1

Weapons: Bayoneted Pipe Submachine Gun, Sledgehammer, Combat Knife

Apparel: Harness, Buttressed Raider Armor (chestpiece, right arm, left arm, right leg, left leg)

Aid: Salisbury Steak x2, Mutt Chops x2, Vodka x2, Dirty Water x3, Psycho x3, Jet x3

Personality: Nettle is rather simple person. As a former Raider, she's extremely callous by nature, but lacks the sadistic streak of her peers. Rather than a bloodthirsty killer, she's better described as an unscrupulous survivalist, though the two often overlap in the Wasteland. Keeping herself alive is pretty much the only important thing to her; more complex goals are likely beyond her faculties. The choice between honest work and robbery will fall on whichever is easiest at that moment. She has a big appetite, but is willing to do virtually any physical work except farming, so she's still a net gain for the settlement so far. She's not a Minuteman and noble ideas don't mean anything to her, but her cooperation can be easily bought with chems and alcohol. She'll likely fight if promised a reward, but should not be expected to heroically lay down her life in defense of the settlement. That being said, she's not below forming attachments of a personal kind.

History: Nettle was born into the scavenger life, and it's the only life she knows. Her father was a Raider leader who was not completely indifferent to her fate, and she survived early childhood largely thanks to that. As soon as she was old enough to walk, she was expected to pull her weight, doing chores around the camp, keeping watch at night, and eventually joining the adults in their procurement of supplies. Unlike her father, Nettle was never fit to lead anyone, but she grew up to be an exceptionally tough specimen - almost inhumanly so, perhaps due to mutation - and was respected by her peers. Her gang was eventually defeated by the Brotherhood of Steel and the survivors scattered to the winds. Nettle ended up in another Raider gang, which was also destroyed by the Minutemen a short time afterwards. Narrowly escaping death again, she was back on the road. She then came across Sanctuary, mentally marking it as a potential target for a raid as soon as she found a new group to join. Ironically, lack of options forced her to stay there, doing various heavy lifting in exchange for food and chems.

That's where she still is. She's not very talk-active and doesn't bother the settlers much, which is why her presence is tolerated. Village life is far from a perfect fit for Nettle, but she prefers it to being a solo scavver. Ultimately she's bound to lose her patience and risk hitting the road again, but that time is not yet.

Extra: N/A

Lustful Bride

Name: Gretta Jefferson.
Role: Scavenger and caravan/town security.

S: 1
P: 1
E: 1
C: 1
I: 1
A: 1
Please distribute a further 21 points

PERKS:
RifleMan.
Animal Friend
Select up to 25

Weapons:
Laser Musket.
.44 Revolver (Snub nosed)

Apparel:MinuteMan hat/outfit. Biker Goggles.

Aide: Jet and Med X are her go to drugs.

Personality: Devoted is the word to sue when describing Gretta, she honestly devoted herself to the idea of the minutemen and believed in them. In some ways she still does, despite the circumstances, she will strive to help out however she can but tends to be cautious, having learned from Nora's betrayal that not all can be trusted.

History:
All Gretta has ever known is life in the commonwealth, she grew up around the time the Minutemen were still at their strongest and doing things all over to help people out. The very first time she saw them was when traveling with her family, a group of caravaners, who travelled all around selling miscellaneous junk to folks. To this day it amazes Gretta just how much even the tiniest piece of scrap metal could hold significant value. Her Caravan had been attacked by raiders and for a full day she, her parents and a surviving trader on their caravan were trapped inside of a burnt out, crumbling old home. Their Brahmin had been killed and yet they managed to escape inside with most of their goods, that was their livelihood, if they didn't make a sale they would starve and weren't about to give it up to the raiders.

However on the start of the second day of their ambush, the family was awoken to the sound of laser muskets and shouting, as a minuteman patrol had ben in the area and caught sight of the raiders, and since hey weren't hopped up on every chem in the wasteland, they were able to plan out an attack and execute it on the raiders with ease. To Gretta's young eyes the Minutemen where the best trained and most skilled warriors in the entire commonwealth. From then on all she wanted was to become one of them, practicing every day with a rifle till the day she was 19 and set off to join them. When the Minutement broke apart it was the most crushing moment of her life, followed by the most joyful one when they eventually reformed and took back The Castle.

Extra:
-Doesn’t trust synths, not even the good ones and would rather see them all dismantled and melted down to the tiniest of components. Except for Curie...shes...different...

-Loved Giddyup Buttercups when she was little, even if they didn’t work. She even likes reading the kids books.

-secretly embarrassed that she can barely read at an adult level.

Still gotta figure out a level and such.

Logoff

Ponders, :O I will think of a character!

*Lurks in darkness.*

ViperFang

Very tempted to join, though I'm not entirely sure how useful my guy will be. I've got his stats and perks but nothing else, really. I dunno. I'll leave it here for now, but if he doesn't seem particularly helpful, it's no biggie :)

Name: Chase Hwang
Role: Defense, Trading Negotiator

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

S: 2
P: 8 / 4
E: 3
C: 7 / 4
I: 3
A:  3

PERKS:
Perception x4
Charisma x3
Rifleman x3
Demolition Expert x3
Toughness x1
Sniper x2
Commando x3
Gunslinger x2
Local Leader x2
Night Person x2

Weapons:
.44 Pistol, Combat rifle, Double Barrel Shotgun, Fragmentation Grenade x10, Pulse Grenade x2

Apparel:
Combat Armor (Sturdy Chest, Sturdy Arms, Sturdy Legs, Helmet), Sunglasses

Aid:
Stimpacks x10, Nuka-Cola x3, RadAway x5

Personality:

History:

Extra: Anything else

Primarch

Well this appears to be getting some attention, excellent! Welcome aboard everyone.

ViperFang

Glad to see you're still around, Primarch ^-^ I hate to ask, but are my character's stats and stuff alright so far?

Primarch

Unless there's something I've not noticed I believe so, yes.

Garuss Vakarian

Are ghouls or supermutants allowed?

Primarch

Yes, I actually mention something concerning that in the opening post:
"Ghouls, Super Mutants and other non-human characters are welcome though I will not be introducing custom 'perks' to convert a character into an alternate, instead I suggest players use their SPECIAL points & take perks to create something ideal."

Garuss Vakarian

Oh sorry, must have missed it.  Using my phone, should probably get a new screen already but  I guess even a cracked screen wont keep me from being lazy. :P . Any way, I will be making one or the other, and actually can agree that it is better to make their Special reflect their 'race' rather then a special perk.

PaladinZenaku

I am up for this. I have a female character (wanted to try female because haven't ever RP'ed one for awhile)idea but it would require permission first. My character will be in the middle of his/her companion quest that will be left alone to fix up vault 111 to make her home. She is a abandoned enclave soldier that was on her first mission and was shot down.She finished the mission but when she contacted the higher ups they left her for dead as she wasn't worth rescue. She is the only survivor of the mission and managed to salvaged her LT's Hellfire PA(same stats as X-01 mk1) which is in need of fusion cores before being able to use.

I am still working on the background and am checking LORE to make sure it is all possible and can happen. I am even working on the companion quest that nora isn't finished yet that would explain her background.
"Underneath the silvery moon,
Your path can still turn foul.
You'll know you've made a wretched move,
When werewolves start to howl."
~Shadowfang~
Alpha Male of Southern US Pack

Mr BadGuy

Is there still interest in this RP? Or has it moved on?
My search thread: In progress ^_^