Rise of the Dark Lord

Started by OHWceta, January 22, 2011, 09:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

(This RP will be set up a lot like Harry Potter, being a school for wizards having similar school functions, classes, and rules. Though it does not take place in the Harry Potter Universe or have any other relation to it. I'm deffinetly going to need a 7th year female character for this RP though everyone is welcome, the more members and characters to join the better. You can also have characters in any other year of the school as well, doesn't all have to be 7th years.)

Finally, 7th year. The last year in Wizard School. After this they'd all be able to use magic freely without all the school's regulations. Juno Light was already expected to be the class Valedictorian, his grades were perfect and he was rumored to be a magical genius even as a baby, casting his first spell at the age of 2. Students Rushed to the train to be the first to grab the best seats, that way they wouldn't have to share with strangers.

That's when she saw him. He was a tall boy with an athletic build, he wore dark clothing and had pitch black spiked hair. His leather Jacket was torn on the sleeves which were held on by clothespins. He had a skull pin attached to his right breast pocket and a flame embroidered on each shoulder, a blue one on his right and a red one on his left. A few of the other girls couldn't help but stare and whisper as they got on the train. He looked new, not familiar to anyone who had attended the school for the last few years.

Now she was late for the train, she'd have to hurry before the train left.
"All aboard! last call for Terra Nova!" The Conductor called out. (Terra Nova is the school name).
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

LittleRedPet

"Shit.." She'd whisper to herself as she started running up the railway platform, jumping in and out of the people that got in her way. Turning her head around as she ran, she tried to get another look at him before boarding the train. Oh how she wanted to be in the same seating area as he did. The trip would be perfect for her to get to know him.

Jumping into one of the train units and taking another step forwards away from the door, she paused to catch her breath. She'd then walk down the side clearing, looking into each booth to see if there were any that were left empty. To her surprise, there was an empty seating booth. Both sofa like benches all to herself, she threw her bad and jacket onto the seat and jumped on them, stretching her legs out with a slight grunt.

CarnivorousBunny

Her hair was a mess, but really, what else did you expect from a slacker who never got up when her alarm went off?  With her dark, unruly waves and curls sticking out all over the place and her oldest, rattiest sneakers, Tilly stood by the train, watching her mother glower down at her.   
"Really, couldn't you have been bothered to fix up at least for the first day of school?" At first sight Tilly's mother was the exact opposite of her.  While Tilly was tall and with broad shoulders and bony curves of a teenager, her mother was short and her curves were padded with age.  Her mother, however, never had a hair out of place with perfect make-up and was forever dressed like a model for glamorous mothers.  Tilly always looked like she just crawled out of a hole.  She was forever getting herself rumpled up without meaning to.  The similarities between the two could be found when you looked past Tilly's massive amount of hair you could see they had the same pretty face, except Tilly's had been watered down a bit by her father's boyish features.  For one thing, she had her father to blame for her hair and darker complexion.
"Sorry mum, but I didn't have time." She muttered, pulling her hair back after her mother shoved a clip in to her hands.  "Anyway I'm going to miss the train.  I'll write you both as soon as I get to Nova.  I love you." Tilly said, hugging her parents.

Tilly hopped on to the train to start her seventh year in Tera Nova.  It was going to be one hell of a year with her final tests and, most likely, misadventures.  In a school of magic, there were  many of those every year.
As she walked down the halls of the train in search of a compartment someone, or rather someone's jacket, caught her eye.  The glint of a cloth's pin snatched her attention and it's wearer kept it.
"Oh, wow.  Nice jacket."
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

OHWceta

"I made it myself, well, kept it together after it got torn up....and had the patches sewn on" said Giren

"Excuse me but you'll need to take your seats, the train is about to start moving" said one of the attendants who patrolled the train to make sure nobody was up to any misbehaving.

Giren slid into a nearby compartment, "I'm sorry, is this seat taken?" Giren asked the girl.

(BTW, LittleRedPet, you might want to put your character's name in your posts, at least early on, I realized we don't know what to call your character)
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

LittleRedPet

She sat up and her eyes widened with delight. Straightening her plain black t-shirt as she sat up, she spoke with a slight stutter. "Uh..Y-Yeah! Of course, please sit down," Rubii smiled, trying her absolute best to hide her nervousness. Her eyes were fixed on him the entire time that he was stuffing his luggage into the space beneath the seats. Once he had sat down she smiled at him, trying to think of a conversation starter with the extremely handsome looking guy.

"Um..Nice jacket...I'm Rubii by the way, spelt R-U-B-I-I. Oh, but you can call me Rubes if you want. I mean you don't have too, it's only if you want too.."

She fiddled with her white scarf as she tried to calm herself down. Did she look good? Was the question that kept on running through her mind. Wearing denim shorts and a pair of old converses, she pulled out a small compact mirror while he wasn't looking and fussed with her short layered crimson hair.

CarnivorousBunny

Tilly looked to the staff member and shot her a polite smile, "Oh, sorry." Without really thinking she followed the guy in to the train compartment.  Her eyes fell on to the girl who was already in it. Tilly didn't really mean to, but she found herself unable to smile at the girl immediately.  Maybe it was the way the red head looked flustered at the mere sight of a male in the compartment.  Tilly hoped that this wasn't going to be an awkward trip.
But Tilly pulled herself together and reverted to her sunnier side.  She'd need to make the air less awkward if she was going to enjoy the trip to Tera Nova.
"Isn't it awesome?" She said, sitting down beside the boy without any hesitation.  Tilly was always more comfortable around men, being a bit of a tomboy.  As a matter of fact it was girls she always had trouble with.
"The name's Tilly, Tilly Mathews.  Gosh, I wish I thought of that when I ripped my favorite pants a couple of months ago.  I was never really a creative person." She said, referring to Giren's earlier comment about fixing his own jacket.  "Who'd have thought pins could look so awesome?" Tilly said, grinning at Rubii with sincere awe.  Tilly resembled a child who had discovered a new toy.
my  o&o and a&a

OHWceta

"It got me into trouble my first few years in my other school, both the way it looked and the fact that it wasn't proper school uniform, my old school had a uniform policy until 5th year when you can start wearing what you want, I'm going to need a tour or something when I get there, I just transfered from my old school, do you guys have an 'initiation'? Giren asked with a wink, he was refering to the way kids usually hazed the new kids on arrival.

LittleRedPet

Rubii tensed up and glared at the girl that had just barged into HER compartment, with HER new found friend and all of a sudden started a conversation that should of been HERS.
She ground her teeth together as she watched Tilly sit there and talking all excitedly and jumpy. She didn't even know who this girl was, but she already hated everything about her. Hearing Tilly give out her surname also, Rubii butted in. Or at least she tried to.
"My surname is Evelyn. If you wanted to know.."

Once Tilly started blabbering on and talking about pins before giving Rubii a smirk, Rubii just rolled her eyes and scoffed quietly. She'd then turned to face Giren when he asked about any initiations.

"Initiation? No. No initiation..none needed to like hang out with me anyways!" Okay, so she may not have been a smooth talker. But she promised herself that this year would be better and different for her. She'd then glance over at Tilly, giving her an assertive look;
"Giren..that is your name right? It's nice to meet you. I have heard so much about you!" She exclaimed with a smile on her face. Oh how she wanted to just stick her tongue out at Tilly right now.

OHWceta

"All about me? from the first day? I didn't know I had such a reputation" said Giren

There was a knock on the compartment door.
It was Juno, the legend himself and child prodigy.

"As class president I was told to let you know to report to Counseling immediately on arrival, they'll have you classed and you'll get your dorm # too" said Juno
"Classed?" asked Giren
"Yes, Dolphin, Wolf, Eagle, or Elephant, those are the mascots for the Classes, your dorm will be in the respective building matching your class, and you'll have classes mostly with people from your matching class house" said Juno (The equivilant of Griffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff in HP)
Juno left, his silvery white hair trailing behind him, looking closely there were traces of gold at the end.
"I take it he's a bit of a showoff" said Giren once Juno left. "My perfect rival, remind me to challenge him soon"

The Snack cart arrived and Giren bought as much as he could stuff his pockets with. "Every flavored beans, though they don't make EVERY flavor outside London." Giren popped a red one in his mouth, "Ever had a Pizza flavored Jellybean?"

CarnivorousBunny

Tilly raised a brow,
"So you have no intention of wearing our uniform?" She smirked, assessing the boy.  "Good luck, you're going to need it.  Some of the teachers in Nova are quite stiff, then again something tells me you can handle it."  He was going to dethrone all the resident bad boys at school!  Tilly wondered if making friends with him would have any merits.  While she liked adventure and strange company, this one already seemed like wild card, possibly a bit too wild for her, and she was a sly Wolf.
"Well," Tilly looked to Rubii. The girl didn't seem to like her at all, which was a common reaction Tilly got from women. "Rubii Evelyn.  Nice to meet you." Tilly said, a twinge of flatness in her tone.  There was no need to be nice to this girl, especially since the way Rubii looked at her seemed so deadly.
"Depends who you want to hang out with." Tilly said, leaning back, settling in to her seat.  "With us Wolf's you'll need to do something a li like stealing from the ground's keeper or hexing the caretaker.  I don't know what the others do, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to that.  Especially the Elephants, they're the epitome of softness, fluffy and love." She said, making a goofy face.

Rubii really was trying, she seemed to be quite taken by this Giren boy.  For a moment Tilly wondered if she should try being nicer, then remembered how snooty her company was.  She disliked being disliked, but she disliked the snooty even more.
When Juno arrived Tilly looked him up and down.  Well, well, well, if it wasn't the legend himself.  While Tilly didn't like him one hundred percent, she had a certain level of grudging respect for him. 
When he left she turned to Giren "Mm, he is, and he's a hard core goody two-shoes too.  But with powers like his you can barely blame him though.  If I were a total power house, I'd flaunt it too."  Tilly was just above average in classes.

When the cart came Tilly bought herself as much chocolate frogs as she could afford. "I think they have a few exotic flavors.  Maybe one or two from other places."  Tilly glanced at the jelly beans.  "I don't trust those things.  I only eat them when I'm bored."
my  o&o and a&a

OHWceta

"I once tried a Vomit flavored one on a dare, threw up for a whole class period, I was still a 4th year back then, they stopped carrying those ones in the United States, funny, I had such a fondness for the Dirt and Grass flavored, and the Vampire kids kept stealing my blood flavored ones.

"Ah, steak" said Giren pulling out a brownish tan colored jellybean and popping it into his mouth.

Giren was back to thinking about Juno now, "You know, I could have been a lot like him at my old school, I mean, I was smarter than some of the teachers, that's why they hated me, didn't get good grades, so not Mr. Perfect, but good enough with a wand to face off against Juno"

Juno was of course an Eagle, in fact most of the Goody two shoes types were, The Eagle house was known for their bravery and nobility, most school rivalries were between the Eagles and Wolves, the wolves being cunning, loyal (to each other at least, but not so accepting of outsiders), and fierce, the Elephants were tough and wise, most of the teachers were Elephant house, the kind of people who rarely show off and use their skills for more practical means, you'll rarely see one in a fight, same for the friendly and social dolphins, dolphins are compassionate and trustworthy, more than likely to go into the Medical field, working with animals, or helping people in the occupational world outside of school.

LittleRedPet

Rubii looked at Giren and nodded. "Well..there has been some talk around about a guy in a jacket just like that." Pointing at his jacket with a smile. She was an elephant and so were all her older siblings that studied here. When Juno came in, she smiled and gave him a wave. He didn't acknowledge her though and just walked off.
She wanted to interrupt Tilly in the middle of her sentence, but she tried to be polite. Rubii hated people talking negatively behind Juno's back.
Once she was finished speaking, she added, "He's not a 'showoff' ..He' just..very good at what he does! And he ISN'T a 'hardcore goody two-shoes' either you know.." She said glancing over to Tilly only for a moment and then back to Giren.
"He's just watched on more often than others and has to keep a constant public image up.." She had admired Juno for years and years. Always wanting to be as good as him or at least become a friend. But it never happened.

When the snacks cart came past their booth, she only bought a few rainbow lollipops. She had a sweet tooth, but it was only for rainbow lollipops. Rubii giggled when hearing Girens story about his Vomit flavoured bean. Unwrapping one of her rainbow lollis, she slipped it into her mouth and pulled out a small notebook from her jacket.
Looks like this year would be the same after all. Blocking Tilly out from her mind and partially blocking out Girens, she just sat there in silence and read through the dirty journal. She giggled silently to herself, fiddling with her scarf and enjoying her sweety.
They were halfway through their train ride and would arrive at the school in the late evening. Although she tried to not listen to Tilly's talking, she did hear her comment about the Wolves' initiation and scoffed.

OHWceta

When they reached the school Giren was stopped by Juno at the gate.

"I can show you where you need to go" said Juno
"By the way, I hear you're a bit of a legend" said Giren
"It's all talk, sure I'm good but I'm nothing mythical" said Juno, "Lots of study and practice"
"And some natural talent, not everyone is born with skill, what I'm trying to say is, I challenge you to a duel, you pick the time and place, but I must test your skills, it's been a while since I had a good challenge" said Giren
"I hope you're not biting off more than you can chew, meet me in Holly Square this weekend, high noon" said Juno
This  would deffinetly be one to remember. Holly square was known for having so many duels they finally set aside a place for dueling to avoid damage to the surrounding shops and to keep shoppers out of harm's way. Being in public there would be a good number of onlookers, this meant an opportunity for either humiliation or stardom on Giren's part. Giren smirked at the idea.
"I'll be there" said Giren.

It wasn't long before Giren met with the counselor and was selected into his house, it wasn't much of a surprise that Giren was a Wolf, and even less of a surprise when he heard about their rivalries with Eagles

Though unlike a lot of the students who sat with their House at the dinnertime meal Giren selected one of the non-house tables, though purposely avoiding Juno's table, partly because Juno always had two 6th years brushing away fans who beleived the legends over reality, mostly first and second years, but partly to see who would dare approach him.

CarnivorousBunny

"Grass flavor!  I've never tried those." Tilly said, thinking that it would taste a lot better than it sounded.  She continued to think about it even as she responded to Rubii's take on Juno's attitude,
"If he was going to be a teacher's pet, then he might as well do it for himself because that isn't going to make any of us like him any better." Tilly said, making a face at the thought of blood jelly beans.  That just sounded nasty, like eating a scab.  She tried to push thoughts of Juno far away from her mind.  She was over that, she reassured herself. He made her uneasy, almost as uneasy as Giren was starting to make her.  Although, the causes behind the uneasiness were two very different things.

Tilly was knocked out of her candy cravings when Giren started praising himself.  There were always going to be people making empty boasts and claims that they would knock Juno off his pedestal, but Giren was different.  This threat of his wasn't empty at all, he believed in every word that he was saying. Making Tilly speachless was one thing, but rendering senseless was another.  She was meeting the weirdest people today, she realized, glancing at Rubiii for a moment.  This time however she recovered from her surprise much better.  She replied to Giren with a wide grin,
"Really?  You've only been here for twenty minutes and you want to take on our child prodigy? You're one tough bloke, aren't you?  I can't decide if you're crazy awesome of just plain crazy!" Tilly said with a laugh, a laugh that masked that bit of fear she felt perfectly.

When Giren was sorted in to the Wolf house, Tilly wasted no time congratulating him on getting in to the best house ever.  All the while she was made nervous by the mere feel of him, but she didn't want to be too quick to judge.  With her best smile and looking smarter in her uniform, she offered to show him the ropes some time.

By dinner, however, Tilly's thoughts were on Juno.  Man, she hadn't thought this much about him since fifth year, the peak of her interest in him.  She never got the courage to go up and talk to him. Tilly was always a people person, but when it came to people she really liked, she had a tendency to get tongue tied.
But this was her last year here, after this she may never see him again.
With her most nonchalant grin Tilly slid down at Juno's table, as close to him as she could.  When Juno's body guards gave her a look, she simply ignored them and looked straight at the star child. "Hey there," Tilly said, her voice a little lower than usual, sticking her hand out for a shake.  "My name's Tilly."

God, she didn't think this through (again!), what was she going to say to him now?
my  o&o and a&a

OHWceta

"Another adoring fan? come to speculate how I was born of a Virgin, or how I raise the dead and heal the wounded? I've heard it all, trust me, it's all lies, I'm just an A student" said Juno

"Are you bragging again?" Astraea asked Juno with a sigh
"No, I'm doing the opposite in fact" said Juno with a smirk.
Astraea crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.
Astraea was Juno's sister, and while talented, she didn't show it as blatantly as her brother, she was a Dolphin House.

Giren ate, watching Juno only slightly to check his mannerisms, you could tell a lot about a person's combat style by how they act in regular ordinary life. Really though he was waiting to see if anyone would approach him, the new kid for some hazing practice or bullying, his wand itched for someone to try.

CarnivorousBunny

Juno opened his mouth and just like that her nervousness was over.  Tilly had heard all the rumors that Juno was really a jackass, and to an extent she believed them.  But you know how these school girl crushes go, you like to believe other-wise.  Tilly was only sorry she hadn't been disillusioned sooner.
Whatever sweet, nervousness had been on her face was replaced by her usual sass.  "Yeah, okay mister perfect prodigy, whatever you say" Tilly said smirking, with a roll of her eyes.  "I just wanted to talk to you about the new kid.  I wanted to warn you, there's something different about him." Tilly remembered his dangerously collected and calm confidence, the kind of confidence earned from secret experiences of the bad sort.  She actually shivered at the thought of it.  "But, judging by your immense amounts of fake modesty and moisturizer you use, you probably won't even hear me through all the fat in your head." Tilly said, now looking very agitated.  This girl had a lot of pride, and she didn't take very well to being dismissed as Juno had done.
"Seriously, how do you stand him?" Tilly asked, now looking at Astraea.
my  o&o and a&a

OHWceta

"He's only like this in large crowds, especially around people who seem to mistake fact from fiction." said Astraea
"See, for every fan that comes up to me, I look like an egotistical jackass, that gets them to leave me alone, it's a defense mechanism, but you're obviously not some gawking child, so you're telling me this Giren kid is no good?" asked Juno suddenly turning from the Egotistical jokester he was before to a much more serious person. His aqua eyes, the perfect color of the ocean now seemed to look right through her.

LittleRedPet

( Hiya guys. Sorry, been very busy lately and I'm starting to get a few other roleplays going. It's a little hard for me to keep up with you guys xD (I suck) Just informing you, going to be dropping this RP Sorry guys, have fun  :-) )

CarnivorousBunny

( Aw, what do you mean? D: I thought we had an awesome rivalry going!  I even saw our characters sort of fixing it and becoming partners in crime eventually D: You make me sad T_T )

Tilly's eyes narrowed.  While having a filtering system was clever, it still showed arrogance.  She wasn't buying it.
"Right, well he's no super star just yet." Tilly said, a little too loud, her nose in the air.  Juno was no longer going to make her stomach turn, even as he stared at her like that.  Gosh, he had such intelligent eyes, Tilly thought.  She blushed, making her even angrier at her weakness.
"I'm not saying that he's no good." Tilly growled, immediately defensive.  She didn't even know Giren that well yet!  He really just unsettled her.  She looked straight back at Juno, her dark eyes decisive and sure.
"I'm just saying that he's got something about him, like you know he's not just all talk.  He's also taken an interest in you." Tilly was going to say no more about the topic without knowing anything for sure.  "I just wanted to give you a heads up. Like I said, I don't think he's bad or anything.  In fact, he's a friend."
Tilly wasn't sure she sounded so sure that time. 
my  o&o and a&a

OHWceta

(Hate to see you go, but if you must then good luck)

"He is...different, but I think he'll be fine, in fact I'm counting on him doing well in our duel this weekend, might take some of the pressure off me, I just hope he's not all talk." said Juno

Finally Dinner was over and it was time to return to the House Dorms. It was a decent walk and they had to go outside and across the small Western Courtyard to the 4 house buildings. Staff was always on the ground floor while males had the second floor and females the third floor. There were of course the talking gaurd portraits at each entrance to prevent females from sneaking into the male dorms and males into the females, though a few students had been known to get suspended for their 'hanky panky' in the stairways.