The Elder Scrolls (Mature Version)

Started by Daoine Sidhe, April 26, 2013, 03:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daoine Sidhe

I originally posted a TES RP idea in the non-adult forums.  Likely due to the fact that it was non-adult and that I was not yet approved. I received no interested parties.  I want to try again, but I also want to make the idea mature.

I don't mind cursing, so long as it's not the only language your character speaks.  I don't mind explicit sexual encounters, but this RP will not focus on sex.  It'll be about the adventure and the story.  It's not necessary for you to be experienced with TES (I'm not the most well-versed in it, myself), so long as you're willing to try.  :-)

Right now, the story isn't fully developed.  Part of that is because I like leaving the story fairly open-ended, allowing the players to develop the story as the game progresses.  Part of it's also because I want to be sure there are enough interested people willing to participate before I commit a lot of resources to putting this together.

Preferred Players: 2-5 [5 players reached; applications closed]
Preferred Characters: 4-8 (any alignment, any faction)
Post Detail/Length: Fairly detailed, at least two paragraphs per post.

Applications are closed.  IC has begun.  Inventory topic is up.  OOC topic is up.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]
Entice Me (O/O) | Engage Me (RPs) | Find Me (A/A) | Play with Me (Ideas)
Actively seeking good RP partners.

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

azzmeister89

I'll give this a go, are we setting this in any specific region or timeline? Because skyrim is the only one i really know.

Daoine Sidhe

I had kinda hoped to cross a few boundaries.  Probably starting in Cryodill or Skyrim (since I've only played Skyrim, myself).
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

azzmeister89

PaladinZenaku

I am up.
I have a idea for a character idea that is unusual but it requires approval from you though. It is a werewolf that used necromancer magic to try to get rid of the curse but the spell backfired and now he is a full time werewolf that can talk and think like a normal person would kind of like the beast from the Xmen. If that doesn't work I will just use my argonian conjurer.
"Underneath the silvery moon,
Your path can still turn foul.
You'll know you've made a wretched move,
When werewolves start to howl."
~Shadowfang~
Alpha Male of Southern US Pack

Roxy Rocket

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on April 26, 2013, 04:42:51 AM
I had kinda hoped to cross a few boundaries.  Probably starting in Cryodill or Skyrim (since I've only played Skyrim, myself).

Huh. I played Skyrim.

I guess the rest is a matter of are the writing styles going to line up.

What is the story "about," if ya don't mind me asking?

Daoine Sidhe

Quote from: PaladinZenaku on April 26, 2013, 01:58:07 PM
I am up.
I have a idea for a character idea that is unusual but it requires approval from you though. It is a werewolf that used necromancer magic to try to get rid of the curse but the spell backfired and now he is a full time werewolf that can talk and think like a normal person would kind of like the beast from the Xmen. If that doesn't work I will just use my argonian conjurer.

Hm.  Well, I could see how a person with lycanthropy would resort to whatever means necessary to remove the curse.  And, in my exploration of various dungeons, I discovered a number of places filled with Silverbloods and their werewolf prey - all of which remained in their wolf form during the day.  So, it's not too far off the beaten path.  :-)  Consider it good!

As for the story, I was thinking that (having only played Skyrim) the RP would take place something like 100 years after the end of the Stormcloak rebellion.  The outcome of that is up to the players - would you rather play in an Imperial-controlled Skyrim, or would you prefer to play in an independent Skyrim with a weakened Empire overall?

The main antagonist faction will be (at first) the Thalmor. 
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
If you've completed the Diplomatic Immunity quest in Skyrim, you may have found the Thalmor notes regarding their intentions for conquering the Empire.
Antagonist characters are welcome (and at least a couple are necessary), but the majority of the story will follow the heroes' quest.

Essentially, the Thalmor are beginning the final stage of their attempts to break down the Empire and take control.  In this process, anyone who isn't an altimer (high elf), or at least loyal to the Thalmor, is a target.  Werewolves and vampires would be prime targets, as well as any other elves that have been conquered by the Thalmor (dunmer and bosmer, for example).

Since starting in a dungeon or as a prisoner is rather cliché, I want to try starting open and free.

Generally, I like to let the players decide where to start.  Then, I try to gather them in one place to move the story forward.  :-)

Oh, and since I really liked Paarthurnax and refused to kill him, I'm going to have him still alive in this RP.  He won't be a primary character right away, but I might have him enter the story later.  We'll see how it goes.  :-)

Being 100 years later, the Dovahkiin is, of course, dead.  For simple story purposes (despite the fact that I never played a Nord), the dovahkiin from Skyrim will have been a Nord female.  It just makes the most logical sense, given the nature of the Dovahkiin (i.e. all of the ones in TES history being human).

Is there anything I've left out that you want to know?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

azzmeister89

all sounds good to me, if it helps anyone else i vote we say its an independent skyrim for two simple reasons 1. the empire was going to chop off miss dragonborns head at the start of the game, i feel that would be a step against them, second she is going to be a nord so it sounds like she would take the side of the rebellion

as for my character i'm thinking he will be a young nord blacksmith apprentice who's living in Riften having just left Honor hall orphanage

Daoine Sidhe

Personally, I followed the Stormcloak questline, too.
But then, during the Diplomatic Immunity quest, I discovered that Ulfric was a pawn in the Thalmor plans.  Still, that could easily add to the depth of the story.

Imperial vs. Stormcloak Votes
Imperial: 0
Stormcloak: 1
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Roxy Rocket

Alrighty. I think I'm out on this'un.

(meanin I won't be playin')

Daoine Sidhe

Uh... I don't understand what you mean... >_>
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

FallenRanger

I have character idea, as you might know :P If allowed.
Request Thread

You think lag is your ally? You merely adopted the lag. I was moulded by it. Changed by it. I didn't see latency till I was a man ಠ_ಠ

Lightshock16

Elder Scrolls? Definitely interested. I'll keep my eye on this thread. ^^

SakamotoHD

100% down to try this one out. Let me know how it goes, and I'll come up with a Breton Spellsword.

Belisuavious

I'd be interested in playing an Imperial mercenary sort.

Daoine Sidhe

You're all welcome to join.  I suppose I could fashion a character sheet, if that's what you all prefer.  :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on April 26, 2013, 05:00:28 PM
Hm.  Well, I could see how a person with lycanthropy would resort to whatever means necessary to remove the curse.  And, in my exploration of various dungeons, I discovered a number of places filled with Silverbloods and their werewolf prey - all of which remained in their wolf form during the day.  So, it's not too far off the beaten path.  :-)  Consider it good!

As for the story, I was thinking that (having only played Skyrim) the RP would take place something like 100 years after the end of the Stormcloak rebellion.  The outcome of that is up to the players - would you rather play in an Imperial-controlled Skyrim, or would you prefer to play in an independent Skyrim with a weakened Empire overall?

The main antagonist faction will be (at first) the Thalmor. 
If you've completed the Diplomatic Immunity quest in Skyrim, you may have found the Thalmor notes regarding their intentions for conquering the Empire.
Antagonist characters are welcome (and at least a couple are necessary), but the majority of the story will follow the heroes' quest.

Essentially, the Thalmor are beginning the final stage of their attempts to break down the Empire and take control.  In this process, anyone who isn't an altimer (high elf), or at least loyal to the Thalmor, is a target.  Werewolves and vampires would be prime targets, as well as any other elves that have been conquered by the Thalmor (dunmer and bosmer, for example).

Since starting in a dungeon or as a prisoner is rather cliché, I want to try starting open and free.

Generally, I like to let the players decide where to start.  Then, I try to gather them in one place to move the story forward.  :-)

Oh, and since I really liked Paarthurnax and refused to kill him, I'm going to have him still alive in this RP.  He won't be a primary character right away, but I might have him enter the story later.  We'll see how it goes.  :-)

Being 100 years later, the Dovahkiin is, of course, dead.  For simple story purposes (despite the fact that I never played a Nord), the dovahkiin from Skyrim will have been a Nord female.  It just makes the most logical sense, given the nature of the Dovahkiin (i.e. all of the ones in TES history being human).

Is there anything I've left out that you want to know?

Ok Oh need to ask. I am asking the questions like you are playing the video game.

Is the companion questline completed where the silverhand is no more of a threat to werewolves? If so I am even more thrilled to be in as a werewolf.
And what about the Helgen? I had a idea of my home being there because it would be deserted and no one is going to miss some bandits that were there. ::)
~Shadowfang~

Daoine Sidhe

Good point.  The Silverhand faction is now dead, and werewolves are no longer hunted as ferociously.  Also, Helgen remains in ruins.  :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

azzmeister89

will we also be adding in the stories that occured in the two expansions Dragonborn and Dawnguard?

Daoine Sidhe

To be honest, I'm poor.  I never got the DLC.  I'll read up on the stories in those and go from there.  I suppose, for continuity purposes, we'll have to include them.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

FallenRanger

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on April 27, 2013, 04:47:44 AM
To be honest, I'm poor.  I never got the DLC.  I'll read up on the stories in those and go from there.  I suppose, for continuity purposes, we'll have to include them.

I only had Dawnguard. Humans rule, vampires suck. Don't over analyse it :P
Request Thread

You think lag is your ally? You merely adopted the lag. I was moulded by it. Changed by it. I didn't see latency till I was a man ಠ_ಠ

Daoine Sidhe

Yes, yes the do suck.  They suck nice and hard.

Oh, dear.  Who typed that?

At any rate... yes, both of the DLC stories will be part of the current state of affairs.  I don't suppose it'll make much of a dent on the story overall, it just might affect the characters involved.  I don't plan to play a vampire, so whoever might be interested in so doing just let me know how you would prefer the stories to have played out.  :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

FallenRanger

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on April 27, 2013, 04:59:40 AM
Yes, yes the do suck.  They suck nice and hard.

Oh, dear.  Who typed that?

Go home Sidhe, you're drunk :P
Request Thread

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on April 27, 2013, 04:11:07 AM
Good point.  The Silverhand faction is now dead, and werewolves are no longer hunted as ferociously.  Also, Helgen remains in ruins.  :-)
Ok so I dont have no trouble off the bat. I am now waiting for a character sheet due to my guy is pretty much well thought up.

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on April 27, 2013, 04:59:40 AM
At any rate... yes, both of the DLC stories will be part of the current state of affairs.  I don't suppose it'll make much of a dent on the story overall, it just might affect the characters involved.  I don't plan to play a vampire, so whoever might be interested in so doing just let me know how you would prefer the stories to have played out.  :-)
Oh now there is a question about dawnguard DLC.

Did the dawnguard win the war against vampires?
If the dawnguard won there wouldnt be alot of vampires around but if the vampires won they would be a ton at night time.
~Shadowfang~

Lightshock16

I've played Dawnguard (up until the bloody Moth Priest Glitch) but not Dragonborn. In fact The game's so big I got to LV.46 without even getting close to completing even the main story...I'd probably want to be either a Nordic or Imperial Hunter/Adventurer of sorts.

Snake

I'm interested. though I've only played Skyrim. Probably play a redguard werewolf char :3

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: Snake on April 27, 2013, 05:52:09 PM
I'm interested. though I've only played Skyrim. Probably play a redguard werewolf char :3
Oh boy another werewolf. I am going to be the other.
~Shadowfang~

Snake

Hah well it goes along with the char I have in mind. someone who's always been in touch with his "animal" side. (and isn't a companion. Maybe he WAS but left afte ra while of feelin cheated out of work cuz of the low rewards ;3)

FallenRanger

Quote from: Snake on April 27, 2013, 06:12:19 PM
Hah well it goes along with the char I have in mind. someone who's always been in touch with his "animal" side. (and isn't a companion. Maybe he WAS but left afte ra while of feelin cheated out of work cuz of the low rewards ;3)

[HD/HQ] Skillet - Monster [Lyrics]

:P
Request Thread

Snake

FallenRanger

Quote from: Snake on April 27, 2013, 06:20:55 PM
uh wha Fallen?

Werewolf? Song about an inner monster that can be felt trying to get through? >>
Request Thread

PaladinZenaku

~Shadowfang~

FallenRanger

Quote from: PaladinZenaku on April 27, 2013, 06:23:23 PM
Go with this version. Its better.

Yer a saviour, been listening to this when I write a post with my werewolf OC
Request Thread

Snake

Haha alright. that's cool I'll give it a listen soon.

PaladinZenaku

I listen to this when I play skyrim and go beast mode with the ring of hercine.
Disturbed - The Animal With The Guy/Demon Voice And Epic Echo
~Shadowfang~

FallenRanger

Happy that Sidhe gave me a pass on my OC race (human, so it's more a culture) for a group RP as well as our solo one :D
Request Thread

PaladinZenaku

~Shadowfang~

FallenRanger

Quote from: PaladinZenaku on April 27, 2013, 06:31:15 PM
OC race? Explain please.

Keshali. More or less my sci-fi alien culture the Vulnians but made human for fantasy plots and for balancing.
Request Thread

PaladinZenaku

??? OK I am still sort of lost. Sorry you are using words I am not familiar with.
Keshali ?
Vulnians ?
~Shadowfang~

FallenRanger

Quote from: PaladinZenaku on April 27, 2013, 06:50:34 PM
??? OK I am still sort of lost. Sorry you are using words I am not familiar with.
Keshali ?
Vulnians ?

-Ponders-

Right.

Vulnians are a sci-fi race I created. A warrior race steeped in a deep, spiritual culture. Highly loyal, well trained in forms of combat and somewhat arrogant.

Keshali are a human version of that. More stripped down. No genetic enhancements, no vast armies...they're a warrior-people demographic from a Kingdom that you could just say is in the background. Not relevant. :P
Request Thread

PaladinZenaku

~Shadowfang~

FallenRanger

Quote from: PaladinZenaku on April 27, 2013, 06:59:42 PM
Ok I get it now.

-Nods- Using them in a one-one Scrolls RP so...seem to go well >>
Request Thread

PaladinZenaku

Well lets wait and see what sidhe had planned.
~Shadowfang~

FallenRanger

Quote from: PaladinZenaku on April 27, 2013, 07:05:23 PM

Blood. Gore. Sinew. Pulmonary systems!
Request Thread

Daoine Sidhe

Quote from: FallenRanger on April 27, 2013, 07:06:05 PM
Quote from: PaladinZenaku on April 27, 2013, 07:05:23 PM
Blood. Gore. Sinew. Pulmonary systems!

Effectively, yes.  Throw in some sex, and you've got yourself a story.  ;)  Kidding.  There's more to is than that.

Okay... first up:
The Dawnguard won, simply because I don't want a crap-ton of vampires running around.  No offense to vamps.  I like vampire characters, but... to a degree.

Now... game will start in Skyrim.  While characters may start pretty much anywhere they want (except at Sovngarde or Skuldafn), I intend to start the story near Markath.  It would help if your characters were near there, unless you plan to have them join the story a bit later (or if you're planning a villain).

I haven't decided whether or not any quests will take the party out of Skyrim.  Cyrodill remains a possibility, though Morrowind can be accessed directly from Skyrim, as well.

So, now... the CS.  If there's anything you think should (or should not) be included here, let me know.

Name: (First only is acceptable, I suppose.  An alias will suffice, but do make a note that it is an alias.)
Race: (OC's please run by me first.  Otherwise, enjoy.  ... Dwemer are still "vanished" for the time.  If a vampire, please note that in addition to the race.)
Age: (Fairly understandable.  Vampires may be centuries old.  Non-vampires, be realistic.)
Physical Details: (Gimme everything you've got)
Core Combat Skills*: (One-Handed, Two-handed, Heavy/Medium/Light Armor, Shields/Blocking, Archery, Destruction Magick; pick 3 to focus on, please)
Core Supplementary Skills: (Restoration/Alteration/Illusion/Conjuration Magick, Stealth/Sneak, Pickpocketing, Lockpicking, Enchanting, Smithing, Alchemy; pick 4 to focus on, please)
Secondary Skills: (Pick any 3 skills to have as secondary, less experienced skills - combat or supplementary)
Starting Equipment: (weapons, armor/clothing, arrow count, gold, additional items, etc.; don't go all out or anything...)
Alignment: (If you'll permit a bit of D&D here... Chaotic/Neutral/Lawful Good/Neutral/Evil†)
Faction Affiliations: (If any.)

*Since a few of use have never played any TES game other than Skyrim, I'm not going to have the class system.
†If you're uncertain what any of that means, let me know.  (P.S. "Neutral Neutral" is called "True Neutral."  :-) )

Is there anything else (other than a story synopsis, which I'm working on) that I should address?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

FallenRanger

Name: Tanesha Jorin
Race: Keshali (Human)
Physical Details: Tanesha stands at 5'7" with slightly more inches to her height when in her boots. She's thin, toned and tanned from her years of wandering the various places of the world most recently being Tamriel. Her bluish-black hair reaches just to the small of her back and sweeps over her eye patch which hides an eye socket she seared shut with burning embers herself. Tanesha's working eye, her left one, is a light blue. Given the cold climate of Tamriel, Skyrim especially, Tanesha often wears furred armour that covers her crotch, breasts, back and arms. During hotter days she keeps her midriff and legs exposed but has a thick woollen shirt and breeches for when the air becomes bitter. http://www.wallsave.com/wallpapers/1366x768/warrior-women/351190/warrior-women-woman-hd-high-definition-fullscreen-351190.jpg
Core Combat Skills*: One-handed, Archery, Medium Armour
Core Supplementary Skills: Sneak, Alchemy, Restoration, Lockpicking,
Secondary Skills: Pickpocketing, Shields, Illusion(
Starting Equipment: Keshali Ranger Armour (Fur/Steel...not sure if it comes under medium or heavy. If Heavy I'll swap skills) Leather boots, Keshali Ranger Bracers, brown wool shirt, brown wool breeches, Keshali Shortsword (Steel), Keshali Bow (Hunting Bow), 40 steel arrows, 12 lockpicks, mortar&pestle, 4 health potions, 1 damage health potion, 2 loaves of bread, one slice of goat cheese, one bottle of mead. 40 gold coins.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Faction Affiliations: None, yet.
Request Thread

Daoine Sidhe

Hm.  From what I recall of Skyrim, most steel armors were heavy.  But then, Skyrim didn't have medium armors (though they were in other games, I believe).  So, fur/steel would likely be medium.  :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

FallenRanger

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on April 27, 2013, 08:57:03 PM
Hm.  From what I recall of Skyrim, most steel armors were heavy.  But then, Skyrim didn't have medium armors (though they were in other games, I believe).  So, fur/steel would likely be medium.  :-)

I think the fur is more decoration than function but medium it is!
Request Thread

FallenRanger

Changed to a short-sword. More...rangery. Plus less fiddling about swapping weapons in a realistic sense.
Request Thread

PaladinZenaku

Name: Alkar MaLdorvin (Al-car Mal-door-vin) AKA Shadowfang (His new name)
Race: Nord Werewolf
Physical Details:7'10" Black and white fur, Yellow eyes,
Shadowfang
Core Combat Skills: One-handed, Two-handed, Heavy armor,
Core Supplementary Skills: Conjuration Magick, Enchanting, Smithing, Alchemy
Secondary Skills: Lockpicking, Alteration Magick, Block, Sneak
Starting Equipment: Band Iron Armor Chestplate an Iron Guantlets, Dawnguard Axe, two Skyforge Swords,  Enchated chain necklace (increase carry weight and increase health regen), cloth hand wraps, key to the the keep of destroyed helgen where he made home and has two thralls (one storm, one frost) patroling it constantly, inside is everything he needs
Alignment: I really cant think of a type because his instincts could take over for abit at anytime.
Faction Affiliations: Dawnguard
I am going to give him custom sized banded iron armor chestplate and iron guanlets that he made. Looks like the picture in the spoiler below.
His Custom Sized Banded Iron Armor
~Shadowfang~

Snake

Name: Masako
Race: Nord Vampire Lord/Lady
Physical Details: Original Look
Vampire Appearance
Core Combat Skills*: Destruction Magic,, One-handed, Light Armor
Core Supplementary Skills: Sneak, Smithing, Enchantment,  Illusion Magic
Secondary Skills: Conjuration, Lockpicking, Restoration
Starting Equipment:

Vampire Royal Armor (enchanted with Destruction Fortification and Magicka Regeneration);
Shrouded Boots (Muffled);
Shrouded Bracers (2x sneak attack damage);
Circlet of Illusion (Fortify Illusion);
Amulet of Fire Resistance 48% 
Crossbow with 60 bolts
750 Gold
Daedric Sword (Enchanted with Magicka and Health Absorption)

Alignment: Neutral Evil
Faction Affiliations: Volkihar Vampires

Daoine Sidhe

Just like to point out my requests in the character sheets...

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on April 27, 2013, 08:03:07 PM
Core Combat Skills*: (One-Handed, Two-handed, Heavy/Medium/Light Armor, Shields/Blocking, Archery, Destruction Magick; pick 3 to focus on, please)
Core Supplementary Skills: (Restoration/Alteration/Illusion/Conjuration Magick, Stealth/Sneak, Pickpocketing, Lockpicking, Enchanting, Smithing, Alchemy; pick 4 to focus on, please)
Secondary Skills: (Pick any 3 skills to have as secondary, less experienced skills - combat or supplementary)

That may make me a prude... but there's only a handful of skills in the game, anyway.  Please keep to the format I have.  :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Effeari

Hmmm, I may be interested in this. Hinging on how original we can be with our character/species invention, their history, abilities and of course whether you still have places available.
"Noli me tangere for Caesar's I am"

*Not back; just distracting myself*

Ideas O/OsCurrent RoleplaysA&A

Daoine Sidhe

I do.  One or two more spots, still.  :-)  Be as original and creative as you want, but please try to keep the species human-derivative or humanoid (bipedal, one-headed, etc.).
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Tydorei

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on April 28, 2013, 02:27:02 AM
Just like to point out my requests in the character sheets...

That may make me a prude... but there's only a handful of skills in the game, anyway.  Please keep to the format I have.  :-)
Ok changed my character to use only the skills you mentioned.
~Shadowfang~

azzmeister89

Name: Reynik
Race: Nord
Physical Details:
Core Combat Skills*: One-handed, block, two-handed
Core Supplementary Skills: Smithing, Enchantment, Restoration, light armor, speech
Secondary Skills: illusion, conjuration, destruction, archery
Starting Equipment: copper and sapphire circlet of minor speech (does 3+ on speech craft) hide armor, hide vembraces of major smithing (25+ on smithing) hide boots, hide shield, 30 gold, iron sword, 12 iron ingots, 6 leather, 29 leather strips, steel dagger.
Alignment: Neutral
Faction Affiliations: The Rift

Lightshock16

Name: Marven Gorhart

Race: Nord

Physical Details:
Like this except with Dark-blond, Spiky hair rather than the short Brown hair

Core Combat Skills*:

• One-handed Weaponry
  • Light Armor
  • Shield's/Blocking

Core Supplementary Skills:

• Smithing (His Shield was Crafted by Himself)
  • Stealh/Sneak
  • Pickpocketing
  • Conjuration Magic (Especially proficient in Conjuring Bound Weapons)

Secondary Skills:

• Archery
  • Two-handed Weaponry
  • Lockpicking

Starting Equipment:

• Steel Sword (Infused with Weak shock Damage Enchantment)
  • Steel Shield
  • Long Bow
  • 50 Steel Arrows
  • Leather Armor of Major Smithing
  • Leather Boots
  • Leather Bracers
  • Pickaxe
  • Iron Greatsword (more for training purposes. He'll stick to his Sword and shield combination in Sticky situation's)
  • 3 Potion's of Healing
  • 3 Potion's of Stamina
  • 3 Potion's of Magicka
  • 5 Iron Ingot's
  • 5 Steel Ingot's
  • 10 Lockpick's
  • Torch
  • 500 Gold

Alignment: Neutral (More a Mercenary than anything else.)

Faction Affiliations: None as of yet.

FallenRanger

I think Light's application is the tidiest to date. Should it be an idea to keep posting our inventories with the addition and subtraction thereof underneath our main post with a horizontal line separating them?
Request Thread

Lightshock16

That or maybe We should just make a note of any Addition's or subtraction's to said inventory, then update your form (perhap's in a form Thread) with the addition/subtraction.

FallenRanger

Quote from: Lightshock16 on April 28, 2013, 02:23:33 PM
That or maybe We should just make a note of any Addition's or subtraction's to said inventory, then update your form (perhap's in a form Thread) with the addition/subtraction.

Whatever makes the GM's life easier tracking them, and for ours ^^
Request Thread

SakamotoHD

Name: Valkansar
    Race: Breton
    Physical Details: (Still WIP) Average Muscular Build, bretons as you know were never extraordinarily built or tall. I'll keep making this as I progress

Core Combat Skills:

• One handed
    • Destruction
    • Light Armor

• Conjuration
    • Enchanting
    • Restoration
    • Alchemy

Secondary Skills:

• Illusion
    • Alteration
    • Shield

Starting Equipment:

• Silver Shortsword
    • Leather Armor of Fortify Magicka
    • Leather Boots
    • Leather Gloves
    • Basic Alchemic components (More advanced potions will have to be acquired)
    • 5 Potions of Health/Magick
    • 250 gold

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Faction Affiliations: Mages Guild

Something really quick and dirty until I can expand on this[/list]

Belisuavious

Name: Mikhail Irons
    Race: Imperial
    Physical details: Mikhail stands about 5'10" and has a wiry build. His dark hair is kept cut just around his ears, whenever he can, though he has had to get used to longer hair at times. Similarly, he tries to stay clean shaven, but generally has a few days of growth on his face unless he's in a town. He has no really spectacular scars.
    Core Combat Skills: Two handed, Light Armour, Blocking
    Supplementary Skills: Sneak, Lockpicking, Smithing, Restoration
    Secondary Skills: Illusion, One handed, Shield
    Equipment:
    - Steel Greatsword
    - Full Leather Armour
    - Steel Dirk (Like a sword and dagger had a baby, 18" blade)
    - Steel Buckler
    - 150 Gold
    Alignment: Neutral Good. His main focus is making money, as a mercenary, but he'll try to do the right thing when he can.
    Faction Affiliation: Cyrodil Fighters Guild, but he came north to Skyrim because he heard there was work for mercenaries there.

Daoine Sidhe

Quote from: PaladinZenaku on April 28, 2013, 12:44:17 PM
    Ok changed my character to use only the skills you mentioned.
    Actually, I meant to emphasize more the number of skills to focus on.

I have no issues with any character designs except those that incorporate too many skills.  Those need to be corrected, please.

Quote from: FallenRanger on April 28, 2013, 02:20:32 PM
    I think Light's application is the tidiest to date. Should it be an idea to keep posting our inventories with the addition and subtraction thereof underneath our main post with a horizontal line separating them?

Hm.  I don't feel the need to start up a new topic just for inventory control, but I suppose that would be easier to search through and keep track of.  Of course, it would be best if everyone would keep up with their own inventory, but I will do it if I need to.

I'll have the IC topic up in a bit.  I'll have an inventory control topic up, soon, too.
    [tr][td]
    [/td]
    [td]

I honor the Oath.
    [/td][/tr][/table]

Effeari

*Throws hat into ring*

Character Sheet

Name: Akina or “Red”
    Race: A shameful half-breed, she’s the child of an Dunmer and an Imperial. Though she looks more imperial, there’s no mistaking those ears, tell-tale facial features, or her slowed aging. Her parents may have enjoyed the forbidden romance, but Akina was abandoned shortly after her birth so as not to bring shame to either family.
    Age: She’s nowhere near as young as she looks, but she puts the act on well. She’s probably around the fifty mark, but looks no older than early twenties. It’s hard to know how old she is as she has no early memories and nobody to remind her.
    Core Combat Skills: One-Handed, Light Armor & Archery
    Core Supplementary Skills: Stealth/Sneak, Lockpicking, Pickpocketing.
    Secondary Skills: Illusion/Alteration magic (but she really shames her part Dunmer blood by being utterly hopeless at anything magical).
    Starting Equipment: She wears whatever she can get her hands on. Her usual getup is usually leather, dark colours and very light because she is very light and agile and needs to maintain speed above all else. The only consistent thing she owns is the red-cloak she was given when she was younger. But it’s heavy and cumbersome and she doesn’t wear it unless she has to. Akina never wears shoes, ever. Her weapons are blades she keeps strapped to her legs, though where possible she opts for fleeing instead of fighting.
    Alignment: Utterly and completely in it for herself. So, personally aligned I suppose.
    Faction Affiliations:  A  full member of the thieves’ guild, she doesn’t play so nicely with others and isn’t liked by a lot of them due to her kleptomaniac tendencies. She might be an unparalleled thief, but the woman really has no sense of ownership or anything beyond ‘I want it, it must be mine’.
    "Noli me tangere for Caesar's I am"

*Not back; just distracting myself*

Ideas O/OsCurrent RoleplaysA&A

Daoine Sidhe

Putting the IC thread in Light/Exotic (since there's more than just humans involved).  NC is a no-go in this, plain and simple.

Drive-By Playing Regs

• I play free-form in general.  This RP will be just that.
    • I like 2+ paragraphs per post with a good level of detail.
    • "Typical" rules: don't god-mode, don't power-game, yadda, yadda.
    • Please write in third person (e.g. "He went to the store."), and use objective POV (meaning your posts cannot express what characters you don't control are thinking).
    • A "proper" posting cycle is not necessary, but don't leave people behind if possible.  I'll give about a two weeks of no-post, no-PM before I write an inactive character out of the story.

Story Synopsis
    4E 456 (Roughly 250 years following the end of Skyrim).  Following the end of the civil war, which saw not only the defeat of the Imperial Legion in Skyrim, but also the Emperor's assassination, the Empire was thrown into turmoil.  The Thalmor stepped in and offered additional aid to the Empire, effectively planting an easily controlled man on the throne.  Few humans in Tamriel truly believe that the Empire remains under Imperial control.  Resistance groups have cropped up on every major human city in Cyrodiil, but the Imperial-supported Thalmor battle regiments have effectively silenced these.

In Skyrim, under the control of the Stormcloak military faction, an ill-advised raid against the Thalmor Embassy demanded immediate retaliation from the Dominion.  The result was a full break from the Empire.  High King Ulfric spent the last of his years rebuilding the damaged cities and forts, and fortifying the city walls near the road to Cyrodiil and Morrowind.  Skyrim quickly became a unwelcome place for elves of any heritage, as well as Kahjiit and Argonians.  Despite the mass exodus from Skyrim to Cyrodill, it is not an uncommon sight to see non-humans wandering the mountains or forests.

The better part of the past century has seen a new High King ascend to the throne: High King Thrane Greywolf.  The people of Skyrim have become increasingly isolated from the rest of Tamriel, and rumors of an Aldmer invasion have begun to sprout.  High King Thrane has made the first move to discard such notions by requiring all non-humans to be registered and tracked by the ruling power.

The western hold of Markath has rejected the law, and remains one of the last remaining safe havens for non-humans.

I've reconsidered my position on pacing.  Two weeks should be plenty, since I understand things do crop up.  Also, when I say "write out," I don't mean "kill off."  I just mean I'll do what I can to move the character to the sidelines so that the story (and the remaining active players) can move forward.  If you get too caught up other matters and need a break from the RP, I don't mind (though I prefer a PM or at least a post in your A/A), and you'll be welcome to pick back up if you so desire.  :-)
    [tr][td]
    [/td]
    [td]

I honor the Oath.
    [/td][/tr][/table]

PaladinZenaku

Quote from: Daoine Sidhe on April 29, 2013, 05:08:15 AM
    Putting the IC thread in Light/Exotic (since there's more than just humans involved).  NC is a no-go in this, plain and simple.

Drive-By Playing Regs

• I play free-form in general.  This RP will be just that.
    • I like 2+ paragraphs per post with a good level of detail.
    • "Typical" rules: don't god-mode, don't power-game, yadda, yadda.
    • Please write in third person (e.g. "He went to the store."), and use objective POV (meaning your posts cannot express what characters you don't control are thinking).
    • A "proper" posting cycle is not necessary, but don't leave people behind if possible.  I'll give about a two weeks of no-post, no-PM before I write an inactive character out of the story.
    I am sorry but I havent played free-form. Some one may please explain how to play that.
    ~Shadowfang~

FallenRanger

Sidhe when are you getting your sheet up? :P
    Request Thread

Daoine Sidhe

Free-form is the term given to any RP that doesn't use a specific system (a system being like D&D or dice rolls).  This RP will just be writing, without having to keep track of stats, HP/MP, attack rolls, etc.  The only thing we'll be keeping track of is the inventories.

:-)

Edit: Yes, I'm putting mine up now, while simultaneously posting to our topic, Mr. Ranger.  :P

Name: Anirin Ravynvorm
    Race: Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    Physical Details: Anirin is very dark-skinned, challenging even many Redguards.  She is tall and has an athletic build.  She has long, thick, coarse black hair that she keeps tied back into a top-bun; and naturally blood-red eyes.  She bears a tribal tattoo on her upper left shoulder, the only indication of her past.  Her eyes are deep-set, and her jaws are sharp.  Thin ridges line her skull around her eye sockets.  Her teeth are somewhat crooked, and have slightly yellowed over the years.  She has a number of small, faded scars on her torso - a testament to her profession.
    Core Combat Skills: One-Handed (Swords & Daggers), Light Armor I'm not including a third core skill here.
    Core Supplementary Skills: Sneak, Pickpocketing, Lockpicking, Alchemy
    Secondary Skills: Restoration Magick (very limited), Speech, Destruction Magick

Starting Equipment

• Fur and scaled leather armor (light, susceptible to fire)
    • Flawless steel shortsword (with no enchantments)
    • Flawless elven dagger (with no enchantments)
    • Silver garnet ring (fortify magick)
    • 10 torches
    • 5 pieces of flint
    • 10 Potions of Healing
    • 5 Potions of Magick
    • 1 journal
    • 1 line of rope (10-foot)
    • 3 wrapped and tied packages of cooked goat meat
    • 1 knapsack
    • 1 purse (with 400 Septims)
    [/color]
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Faction Affiliations: Ani is a headhunter.  She works for whoever hires her, and tracks down criminals without much of a second thought.  She does not hold any other current affiliations.

Character age edited for character continuity purposes.
    [tr][td]
    [/td]
    [td]

I honor the Oath.
    [/td][/tr][/table]

FallenRanger

Request Thread

Daoine Sidhe

[tr][td]
    [/td]
    [td]

I honor the Oath.
    [/td][/tr][/table]

FallenRanger

Request Thread

Daoine Sidhe

Oh, shit, right.  Give me a second.

Here: Inventory Control.  Might have that in the wrong board... but I can't figure out where else to stick it.
    [tr][td]
    [/td]
    [td]

I honor the Oath.
    [/td][/tr][/table]

FallenRanger

Do custom races get racial powers like all others or are powers not featuring in the game?
    Request Thread

Daoine Sidhe

Yes, the racial powers will be involved.  So, feel free to attach one to your character.  :-)
    [tr][td]
    [/td]
    [td]

I honor the Oath.
    [/td][/tr][/table]

FallenRanger

Mmm...was thinking Sight of the Keshali; increases eyesight range and includes a bit of night-eye...

Also posted for group and yourself!
    Request Thread

Daoine Sidhe

Sounds good to me.  Also, on the note of racial powers: Vampire/Werewolf powers will be present, too.  As well as the problems they face (such as hunger and blood lust).
    [tr][td]
    [/td]
    [td]

I honor the Oath.
    [/td][/tr][/table]

FallenRanger

Request Thread

Lightshock16

Hmmm, well being a Nord I suppose Battlecry would be Marven's power right?

Also everything okay with my post? I decided to have his shield made in the starting post, so don't include that as any inventory change ^^;

Daoine Sidhe

Yes, your character is fine.  :-)  Thank you.
    [tr][td]
    [/td]
    [td]

I honor the Oath.
    [/td][/tr][/table]

Wargtass

That's what I get for waiting for the application.  ::) If you get any openings, please send me a PM, I need to stretch my scales.  :P
    O/O

FallenRanger

Request Thread

Daoine Sidhe

Okay, folks.  :-)  I'm starting up a new OOC topic, at the request of a few players.  And I'm going to ask to have the Inventory topic moved to the IC boards.  I'll update with the new links as soon as they're available.
    [tr][td]
    [/td]
    [td]

I honor the Oath.
    [/td][/tr][/table]

Wargtass

Here you go Sidhe, an extra character for you, as requested!

Name: Ilya Evermore

Race: Argonian

Physical Details: A rather large and well-built Argonian, Ilya radiates pride, self-confidence and charm. His voice is coarse and deep, but he somehow manages to sing rather pleasantly anyway.
    Ilya

Core Combat Skills*:

• Unarmed
    • Light Armor
    • Blocking

• Alchemy
    • Alteration
    • Illusion
    • Speech

Secondary Skills:

• Lockpicking
    • Pickpocketing
    • Sneak

Starting Equipment:

• Unknown Light Armor (Ancient Falmer Armor).
    • Glass Shield.
    • 63 gold.
    • Lute and Flute.
    • Scrolls with pen and inkwell in a hardened shoulder-slung case.
    • Music sheets.
    • A finely bound copy of The Lusty Argonian Maid, well-read.
    • 3 broken lockpicks.

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Faction Affiliations: Bard's College
    O/O

Lady Lunarius

I so want in, I never got to finish the game due to having the mini-me but I don't mind spoilers or anything like that. But seriously what is the count so far? What is needed...or should I say who?
    LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
    LaLu's Delicious treats!
    LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
    I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Didact

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on May 12, 2013, 06:09:37 PM
    I so want in, I never got to finish the game due to having the mini-me but I don't mind spoilers or anything like that. But seriously what is the count so far? What is needed...or should I say who?

This, totally. I'd love to join, if you'd have me. I was thinking about playing a Dunmer Morag Tong-type.

Lady Lunarius

Okay so just noticed the update on the front page, so if you're ever in need of a strict mage let me know. Sorry

I figured you didn't have a strict mage and I hadn't heard back. If its not open I understand. But lemme know what you think, if you're still accepting. I also have a brief history I can post if you'd like.

Name: Nalie Rotecar

Race: High Elf

Physical Details:
    0.jpg
    Core Combat Skills*:

• Light Armor
    • Destruction Magic
    • One Handed

• Restoration
    • Alteration
    • Conjuration
    • Alchemy

Secondary Skills:

• Stealth/Sneak
    • Illusion
    • Enchanting

Starting Equipment:

• Light Armor (Cyrodillic Mage Armor)
    • Dragon Priest Staff (Conjures Wall of Lightning)
    • Loosely Bound collection of various alchemy recipes (Will elaborate if needed).
    • Alchemy Pouch with ingredients (Will elaborate if needed).
    • Map of Skyrim
    • (4)Potion of Healing
    • (4)Potion of Stamina
    • (1 each)Potion of Resist Fire, and shock
    • (1)Frenzy Potion
    • 129 Septims
    • Small satchel
    • Gold Locket: Fortify Alchemy
    • (3) Venison Steak

Alignment: Good

Faction Affiliations: Thalmor Resistance
    LaLu's updated A/A's Updated