Power Rangers. Kamen Rider, Sentai, suits and monsters

Started by Sabby, December 20, 2010, 06:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Lol..the opening is awesome. xD

It's the acting that could use Work...seriously, episode 2 made me want to write them a stern letter telling them to get better actors. :/

Wolfy

New episode for Samurai in 13 minutes on Nickelodeon. o3o

Sabby

A dozen episodes into Mystic Force. Its pretty good so far, but the acting and characters aren't the best. Not the worst, either. I absolutely love the theme though! Demons and old style myth and folklore. I especially love the new suits and powers.

Skipped ahead to try the first episode of Operation Overdrive. Yes, the theme song is fucking terrible, but what I've seen is pretty cool.

Kunoichi

Yeah, Operation Overdrive at least had a reasonably good plot and action, even with the awful theme song. ^^; There was an especially unusual twist that came about mid-season, which I won't spoil for you...

Sabby

Question. Favourite suits?

For me, its a mash up between Zeo and Mystic Force.

Favourite theme? Zeo all the way.

Sabby

Watching the Dark Wish movie. Its pretty good so far... reminds me a lot of the Power Rangers movie where they have to go through the forest to get new powers and face challenges on the way.

consortium11

There was a period where I had a real love for Power Rangers (obviously outside of the Mighty Morphin Days when I was a kid... where everyone loved it). I lost track, got back into it and then there were what I'd consider the 3 best series all in a row: Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue and Timeforce. I tried with Wild Force but lost basically all interest and while I've dipped in since none of the more recent ones have ever caught my attention. Perhaps I've just seen one too many cliché in the show and I just can't enjoy them any more.

On a some-what related note I refuse to accept that RPM is cannon; the Yellow Ranger isn't Asian and the Black Ranger was Caucasian. The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers would never stand for any show that didn't include at least one crass racial ranger colour choice, let alone one that managed to avoid two clear ones..

Sabby

It made up for it with sexism :P

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on March 24, 2011, 09:05:09 AM
Watching the Dark Wish movie. Its pretty good so far... reminds me a lot of the Power Rangers movie where they have to go through the forest to get new powers and face challenges on the way.

You mean that one with the Ivan Ooze? (Or something like that.)

Kunoichi

Quote from: Sabby on March 24, 2011, 05:43:28 AM

I honestly don't remember enough about most of the costumes to be able to decide. ^^;

Jag

Quote from: Wolfy on March 24, 2011, 03:59:11 PM
You mean that one with the Ivan Ooze? (Or something like that.)

I love that movie. Just watched it on VHS a few weeks ago actually. ^^
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on March 24, 2011, 05:43:28 AM

For me, its a mash up between Zeo and Mystic Force.

Favourite theme? Zeo all the way.

Favorite?

Well, I do like the Samurai Suits...but I think my favorite might go to Wild Force or the Originals. The Wild Force suits just seemed...I dunno...like actual hero suits...plus they actually had claws of them, which was kind of cool.

Sabby

I hated the Wild Force suits xD Pink Ranger threw me off so ba... her suit was white!

And I hated the original Power Rangers movie. They butchered everything that was great about the series, but what do you expect when ya give the duty to directors who don't know the show :/

The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers has adult fans

This made me laugh so hard ^^ the guy reciting every henchman in sequence was brilliant.

Sabby

Wow o.o this was a pretty amazing fight scene... comes right after a monster uses one Megazord like a club to beat the other one down. Mystic Force has some of the best Zord battles I've ever seen (They usually bore me)

Power Rangers Season 14 Mystic Force Episode 23 Part 46.avi

Sabby

Damn it! Every time I post a vid, I find a better one >.< Spamming clip now.

Power Rangers Season 14 Mystic Force Episode 25 Part 50.avi

Kunoichi

Well, at least you're coming across good scenes to watch. ;D

Sabby

Yeah ^^ I was guna skip Mystic Force, but its really improved now.

Wolfy

I think I mentioned this before, but:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/hopr

Anyone who is interested in the History of Power Rangers should really take a look at Linkara's review of each season. :D He just put up Ninja Storm two days ago.

Also, he brings up a good point...:/ Could anyone explain why exactly the Sensei in Ninja Storm was turned into a Guinea Pig?..Was there ever a reason for that/ O_o

Wolfy

Anyway...Sabby, I think I'd like to change my view...the suits I most like are the Dino Thunder Suits...I dunno why, I just..really like them. :/

Sabby

I've seen all of them so far. And yes, especially the White Ranger. Seriously, a RED VISOR? It's like Lord Zedd became a Ranger. Plus it was nice to see the Red Ranger have a weapon other then a friggen sword... Tyrannastaff was bad ass, but I love pole arms in general, and they are pretty underused.

Wolfy

Well, the Samurai Red Ranger uses a BFS. :p

And Ninja Storm's red ranger used a...hairdryer, apparently. O-o Yeah....the weapons were a Hammer, a Hairdryer, and a Megaphone....VERY Ninja.

And That's not even getting into the Mystical Ninja tool: The Electric Guitar.

Sabby

Red Mystic Ranger has drumsticks >.>

Drow Denizen

You might say it's sexist to treat women like objects, so you can ogle their luscious rounded boobies and melt away between their smooth milky thighs as the sweat runs in rivulets from their writhing, sensuous body, but...sorry, I forgot where I was going with that.

Sabby

I really love The 10 Terrors. They gotta be the most threatening villains next to Venjix. Basically a group of 10 massive Titans from the Underworld, who only came into play because of the previous villains defeat. They are all extremely powerful, and have a wide range of personalities, but what binds them all is a rigid code of practice, which none of them can operate outside of. To do so is instant death...

It goes with the series theme well, what with honour and chivalry, and even though they seek to destroy the world (or at least just Light Magic and to spread Dark Magic) they only do it because it is all they know. Yeah, some are genuinely aggressive and want to destroy the human world, but some act more like sheltered children, encouraged not to think for themselves and simply follow their narrow vision of the world.

So when one that isn't actually evil is sent to the surface to destroy it, it learns fast it doesn't want this... The 10 Terrors are pretty much doomed to have a falling out (which is happening right now, actually)

Kunoichi

Huh, that sounds really interesting...

*debates watching Mystic Force all the way through*