[M/M or M/F] [Psychological & Survival Horror] [Gothic Mystery] [Dark Themes]

Started by Dotley, September 29, 2015, 12:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dotley

Vita Ante Acta - A Life Done Before
Psychological || Survival Horror || Gothic Mystery || Dark themes

▫  ▪  ▫

Over winter break a university student pursuing a fine arts degree travels abroad with their best friend. Through an awfully inconvenient turn of events they end up stranded in an isolated village that seems stuck in the past. Their friend excuses the oddity of the locals by insisting it’s just a poorly attended tourist attraction with superb (if unsettling) reenactments. The pair end up staying overnight in the nearby castle with plans to hitch a ride out of the village the next day. The castle servants are just as odd as the villagers, but they are eager to serve and help the guests settle in for the night...though one could label them a bit overly enthusiastic in their duties.

In the morning when they awaken they find their best friend has gone missing and are informed by the eccentric Master of the Castle that they're forbidden to leave. The coterie of servants are charged with the Guest's comfort and confinement. While some seem ecstatic to tend to their needs and keep them entertained in their new home others are downright hostile. The Guest finds themselves trapped in a strange place with even stranger and oftentimes dangerous company. They must unravel the various mysteries of the castle, its inhabitants, and even discover a few secrets about themselves.

What I have in mind for this is a story containing horrific violence, psychological torment, buried secrets, disturbing sexual content, and plenty of is-it-magic or is-it-insanity confusion. Placement of the story is open to discussion. While a Light rating isn’t feasible the story could fit into Extreme or NC depending on what my writing partner would like to include. I’d like to explore some very dark themes and maintain the survival horror aspect of the idea.

The story can be adapted to be M/M or M/F focused when it comes to pairings.

Please PM me if this idea tickles your interest. Don't post in this thread. Thanks!

Pertinent Information

• Sometimes I post daily, but sometimes it might be a week or so before I reply. And when real life happens it happens. I’m looking for a writing partner that will be content with a steady, but relaxed pace for the story.
  • Forum only. I'll use Google Hangout and PMs to discuss details about the story and plot, but not for fully writing out scenes.
  • I’m looking for someone interested in writing the the Master of the Castle. My writing partner has freedom in creating him. They can choose his name, appearance, personality, etc.  Like all the characters in the story he should have a demented edge to him and possess some form of madness though how that manifests is up to my partner.
  • I’m also looking for someone excited to include supporting characters in the story. I don’t want the Guest and Master of the Castle to exist in a vacuum despite the limited setting. While I have solid ideas for a few servants I’ll need help creating and controlling the others.
  • I’m happy to rework some of the premise or add in brand new elements according to my partner’s interests. We’ll just have to talk about it! I want to collaborate on a story beyond what has been laid out so far.
  • Idea shamelessly inspired by Beauty & the Beast, Crimson Peak, Diary by Chuck Palahniuk, and various survival horror games especially Demento/Haunting Ground and the Silent Hill series.
  • Optional Offer: I'm willing to experiment on the style and tone of the story. Definitely up for turning this into a CYOA sort of tale, running it in episodes, or breaking it down into chapters, allowing respawns or do-overs, etc.

Inspirational Images

O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Dotley

O&O's || A&A's

Dotley

3/18 - Multiple edits all around. Tweaked some details on the plot. New inspirational pictures added.
O&O's || A&A's

Dotley

O&O's || A&A's

Dotley

O&O's || A&A's