Nightmare Circus: OOC [EX] Still Looking For People

Started by iroleplayyaoi, July 19, 2010, 08:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iroleplayyaoi

Welcome to Nightmare Circus

"Step one! Step all! See the most frightening circus around! Monsters, freaks and terrors await you inside the black tent. Don't mind the darkness inside and be ready for a surprise! You might just love our circus so much...you'll never leave..."

Nightmare Circus isn't the most creative name out there, but what awaits inside the big top would both amaze and scare you to death. Everything you once believed about reality has been twisted so much that you can't say you know the difference anymore. At the end of the night, will you be able to leave and forget about the circus or will you be lost in the confusion? Will you vanish with the circus and become one of them. This is Act One.

------

Here is my try at another group roleplay. This one is a dark circus that will be EX, because it can have everything and anything. Your character can either be someone in the circus or a visitor. Every night at midnight, the tent will vanish with however is inside still and will slowly morph into a freak/monster that will startle and surprise the next batch of visitors elsewhere. They can be turned into whatever you want them to be.

Big Top
Attractions
Camp Grounds

Currently at: Act One
Act Two and Act Three are currently being discussed

Rules
You can have as many characters as you can handle.
Please use spell-check. =)
No one liners, at least one paragraph [5-7 sentences] per post, more is fine.
If I see any one number of more sexual preference then the other [like more m/f, m/m or f/f] I will close that down until there are more of the others and open it again.
Characters must be 18+
Visitors have to be human.
Not a rule, but just saying that you can make their history and personality as time goes on, so you can leave that blank for now if you want and add it in later.
I will make the time change, no one else.
I will decide when to go to the next act, no one else.

Name:
Visitor or circus performer: [if circus performer state what type. ]
Appearance: [anime only please or description]
Sexual preference:
Personality: [doesn't have to be long]
History: [doesn’t have to be long]

Characters

Circus Performers
Zandall - Ringleader - iroleplayyaoi
Hephos - Fire Breather - Travaius
Senshi - Magician - senshi32 
Elizabeth  - Knife thrower/practicing sword swallowing - pendarious
Willow - Contortionist, aerial silk - Black Orchid
Bojangles -  clown - Dark Deception
Baron - Caretaker of the Zone - Shihong
Jason - The Unkillable Boy - Shihong
Azalea - Contortionist Dancer - Eternity
Zahira - Hypnotist   - Eternity

Visitors
Jack Reece -iroleplayyaoi
Zander Gannon - senshi32
Alicia Scott- abandoneddolly
Aaron Jamison - pendarious

We have:
5 straight characters
- 2 Boys
3 Girl
6 Bisexual characters
- 3 Boys
- 3 Girls
1 Gay characters
1 Pansexual characters
0 Lesbian characters

NPC

Name: Laura
Race: Vampire
Position: Ticket Holder
Appearance: Shoulder length black hair with a skull hair pin off to the side of her bangs, clipped in. Her fingernails are long and sharp, looking like claws and she has them painted black. His lips are full and red as the blood she drinks. Laura wears a leather black t-shirt that teases the boys, her shirt is only about to her waist and her belly button ring is easily shown. Her pants are also made of leather and tight, showing off the curves to her legs. Her shoes are knee how boots, her pant legs are tucked into them. Her fangs are only noticed when she wants them to be.

Name: Russell
Race: Zombie [with a brain]
Position: Ticket Distributor
Appearance: Since Russell never takes off his black rode and the hood is always hiding his face, no one really knows just what he looks like or how gruesome looking he truly is. He’s a man of very few words and can make his body fall apart and put back together, making him a wise choice in the circus to have. The smell of death is strong and came sometimes make someone with a weak stomach vomit. He often is sprayed with cologne until the smell is mask, if only for a short while.

Name: Maria
Race: Syren
Appear: She can’t be seen in the dark, but once she is, her golden locks are the first thing that are noticed about her and next her delightful smile. There is this mystery of charm that most can’t place around her and she’s almost silently calling them to follow her each time she turns and walks away. Maria has ocean blue eyes and some believe they can really see the ocean moving in them, but that’s only a rumor. She wears a blue tank top and shorts, no matter what the weather may be and is the least scary looking person here…at least in her human form. When splashed with ocean water, she changes into a monster. Her legs morph together into a fishtail and not just any, but one that appeared to be right off of a sharp. Maria’s hands become webbed and her eyes turn into dark slits. Sharp, shark like teeth form and can break through metal if she wants them to. Even her voice changes to being soft, to a low demonic voice that doesn’t even sound like a girl. She has no bra or any top when in her syren form.

The House of Death

- Zombies
A group of ten brain hungry zombies roam around in the House of Horrors. Most of them keep together, while others tend to separate from the group in search for their own meal. Their ages range from 18 to 50, but most people won’t be able to tell if their a boy or a girl, much less their age. Noticable missing parts, bloody, rotting flesh and dirt covered skin are putting it lightly. Their zombies have made many throw up at the sight of them while sending others running away petting their pants. Their not a pretty picture and if you can stand looking at them and not running off screaming, you have a strong stomach and some nerve too.

- Incubus’/Succubus’
It’s unknown how many sex demons visit here since they aren’t apart of the attraction and only come and go when their hungry. Some have the ability to change from male to female or female to male and back, while others only have one specific gender. Most have horns, bat-like wings and for males large you-known-what and rather cold, while females have large breasts. All sex demons wear erotic clothing and just might jump anything with two legs.

Hell Hounds
Large black dogs with glowing red eyes. They often drool saliva from their snarling fangs and appear rabid with foaming at the mouth. Their tail is forked and each step they their paws blaze in fire underneath. There are a total of six dogs running around the large haunted house and your chance of seeing them is slim.

------
Name: Zandall
Race: Half naga [he doesn’t have a snake tail like full nagas do]
Visitor or circus performer: Circus performer, Ringleader
Appearance: Shoulder length dark black hair with a black top hat covering up most of his hair. Glowing red slits that can be seen even in the darkness. Well fitting black pants with a black trench coat and cape. When he has to say any word with “s” in it, his forked tongue pops out as he hisses it. Most can’t see from his clothing, but his skin in covered in green snake scales.
Sexual preference: Bisexual [leans more toward men]
Personality: Enjoys scaring humans and making them scream. His 's' constantly hisses his words and he can't help it. He appears rather cold hearted, but he does have a heart, just takes more to see it.
History: He can't remember much about his past, but he does remember being teased and people throwing rocks at him because he's different. One day, a man came up to him and told him that he could start his own circus and he'd keep behind the scenes and hidden. Zandall agreed and that's how the circus was made.

Name: Jack Reece
Race: Human [not sure what he should turn into at the circus]
Visitor or circus performer: Visitor
Appearance: Wavy blonde hair with light blue eyes. Wears a brown jacket, black short sleeved shirt and baggy blue jeans.
Sexual preference: Bi [leans more toward men]
Personality: Rather hot headed and doesn't like to keep anything to myself. If he hates you, he'll come out and say it the moment he meets you. He likes to play jokes on people and sometimes takes it too far. He's nice, for the most part at least.
History: Heard about the circus from a friend and decided to check it out.

Travaius

I'll be throwing a character up in here shortly. Most likely a fire demon as the fire breathing man.
Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

iroleplayyaoi

Travaius

Name: Hephos
Race: Fire Demon
Visitor or circus performer: Fire Breathing Man
Sexual preference: Bisexual
Personality:  Hephos always walks around with a smile, noticing things that others might not. He likes to hold tiny pieces of information that other people wouldn't imagine being important.Hephos can be nice, but for the most part tries to antagonize people. If anyone asks him why he acts that way, he merely says "to see the fire in their eyes". If you manage to get close to him, he is one of the most loyal people to have as a friend.
History:
Appearance:

Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

pendarious

give me a day or two and i'll throw in 2-3 characters.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

iroleplayyaoi

Welcome to the roleplay. I need to still get the thread up and everything, I'm just waiting for more people now.

Quote from: pendarious on July 19, 2010, 11:01:46 PM
give me a day or two and i'll throw in 2-3 characters.

Alright. =)

Travaius

Right! I can have another character...Should not have forgotten that.

iroleplayyaoi

By all means, make him/her profile when you want to.

iroleplayyaoi

senshi32

Name: Senshi
Race: Human but has Magical Powers
Visitor or circus performer: Magician
Appearance:
Sexual preference: Straight
Personality: He is the kind of person who likes to show off a lot for people and friends. He is the ladies man and always tries to seduce women.
History: Was a man who was in the tent after midnight, and sudenly gain supernatural powers.....now he stays here at the circus and preforms the magic act.

Name: Zander Gannon
Race: Human [will turn into a Lycan]
Visitor or circus performer: visitor (when changed will be the Lion Tamer)
Appearance:
Sexual preference: straight
Personality: He likes animals and is the kind of person who is very messy.
History: Has heard of this circus before and is now finally going to see whats so popular about it.

iroleplayyaoi

I added you in. =)

I want at least three more people person actually getting around to starting the roleplay.

abandoneddolly

Oh I've always wanted to do a circus RP

Name: Alicia Scott
Race: human
Visitor or circus performer: visitor (  later she will be an acrobat))
Appearance:
Sexual preference: bisexual
Personality: Alicia is very nice to everyone, can be a bit childish too.
History:Alicia loves circues and always goes to the ones going on in her town. She has a secret fantasy of going off and joining one one day.

iroleplayyaoi

I've been added. =)

Hmm. I think four [including myself] is a great number to start with and we might even get more members as time goes on.

So, I'm going to start working on the intro to the roleplay. Anyone have any certain forums they want made. I'm going to have the Big Top [of course] and...wow. That's all I have. If anyone else has any roleplay scene ideas that would be great! I guess all I have is the Big Top. xD

abandoneddolly

Travaius

Well there is the performance area and then behind the scenes area. Might have a few attractions for people to go to before the Circus starts, a Haunted House and a games area maybe.

iroleplayyaoi

Great idea!

I'm working on some NPCs and will have them up soon, just so you guys know. Since their NPCs, everyone can play them.

If anyone has more ideas for locations, just let me know. =)

senshi32

umm  you could have like sleeping area maybe and other places like relaxing room for when not preforming and like food hall or something

iroleplayyaoi

Great idea too! Keep them coming guys! =)

All I can think about is the tent lol. xD

So far:
Big Top
Performance Area [I think that counts as the big top or were you thinking about some kind of practice only area?]
Attractions
Relaxing Room
Mess Hall
Sleeping Quarters

iroleplayyaoi

The NPC will be up soon and I have finished the first post [desciption actually] of the Big Top. I'm not sure if I should post it right now or wait until I have the rest of the descriptions up. Also, I'll probably add in my post after someone else does.

pendarious

Name: Elizabeth Salizar
Visitor or performer: does knife throwing and a practitioner of sword eating
race: rabbit girl
sexuality: bisexual
appearance:
personality: she's calm and quiet has an air of authority so she plays double as a security guard for the circuis when she isn't performing. she can be kind and gentle when it comes to children but otherwise she tends to be a bit harder on people.

Name: Aaron Jamison
race: human
visitor or performer: visitor
sexuality: straight
appearance:
personality: he's constantly bored and is seeking something to cure it. he's kind but tries to hide it.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

iroleplayyaoi

I'm going to risk sounding like a bitch or grammar nazi or whatever you might think of me, but here goes:

Pendarious, please watch your punctuation (or would it be capitalization?) [typed in the most polite way and sorry if I hurt your feelings at all].

Also, I added you. =)

Dark Deception

Name: (Mister)Bojangles
Race: Dark Clown
Circus performer: Clown
Appearance: He doesn't appear too unusual with his gold, alluring irises and black enveloping sclera. His makeup consists of his face being painted completely white with black raccoon circles over his eyes and jagged, chain-chomp teeth about his mouth. His eyes are half-lidded as though the man were laid-back or high enjoying himself. His hair is dark brown and he fancies wearing a white tank over his chiseled torso with red suspenders passing over his shoulders secured by bronze clasps. The suspenders connect to baggy, black and white striped pants that hang over the instep of his teddy bear bedtime slippers that sometimes give off a squeaky sound when he walks. Pic is a short doodle by yours truly.
Sexual preference: Women
Personality: The dark clown carries a likable air. In fact, that is his greatest use of deception. He will come off as friendly and wow and amuse visitors with his amazing tricks and attractive personality, but the seemingly human male’s looks can be very deceiving...
History: His real name is Eric Miles, your average boyfriend who had taken his girl to the circus. While in the big top, he and his girl became separated when one of the performers turned out to be more than just a show. His girlfriend was first to separate from him, fleeing into the darkness of the tent, and fearing being alone as well as wishing to find her so they could leave. Eric gradually sank into the chaos that was the Nightmare Circus.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

pendarious

Quote from: iroleplayyaoi on July 22, 2010, 08:04:59 PM
I'm going to risk sounding like a bitch or grammar nazi or whatever you might think of me, but here goes:

Pendarious, please watch your punctuation (or would it be capitalization?) [typed in the most polite way and sorry if I hurt your feelings at all]

Also, I added you. =)

thank you for adding me and no you didn't hurt my feelings. i get the grammer spheal a lot......grammer is not my specialty so i apologize if my grammer really grates at your nerves......it's just not something i ever got the hang of *sweatdrop*

Dark Deception

All right. Updated.

iroleplayyaoi

Quote from: pendarious on July 22, 2010, 08:11:44 PM

thank you for adding me and no you didn't hurt my feelings. i get the grammer spheal a lot......grammer is not my specialty so i apologize if my grammer really grates at your nerves......it's just not something i ever got the hang of *sweatdrop*

You only have to watch for it in the roleplay. I don't care about OOC. =)

Quote from: Dark Deception on July 22, 2010, 08:28:32 PM
All right. Updated.

Your picture is just...wow! I'm glad you see you're that into the roleplay already. =)

I'll add you soon. I'm trying to right up more detail posts, plus I have my own posts to work on and well....it's not easy. xD

iroleplayyaoi

I've added you and here is a update:

- I'm finished with the Big Top description, but I think I'm going to wait until I have the rest of them made.
- I'm working on the Attractions description and still have three more left, but I might figure out more to add in or someone else will suggest it to me.
- I need to write up my posts still for my characters, but I think I'll do that after I actually start the thread.
- Still working on NPC.

iroleplayyaoi

I want to know what everyone thinks. Should I make one thread for the sleeping, eating and relaxing or show I make diferent threads for each?

Dark Deception

I can't really comment because this site RPs different than any other site I've ever role played on. People make so many threads for one RP that I find it ridiculous and cluttered. I'm used to just having one OOC thread and one IC thread that has everything required within it. So yeah, I'm not a good person to ask. I'll be lucky if I can keep track of so many threads or even know when someone has posted in them since I don't exactly get email notifications when someone does so (yes, has the box checked but still receives nothing).

abandoneddolly

Yes this site isa bit thread crazy.

I think you should just make one thread for the sleeping. eatting relaxing quarters. Maybe like a camp ground or something. I don't know.

Dark Deception

I solved the problem. They were going to my junk folder for some reason. I never marked them as junk before and they used to come to my inbox. Oh well, problem solved lol.

iroleplayyaoi

That's a relief. I was hoping only to make one thread. I'll actually have four in total. This thread [OOC], the Big Top, the Attractions [I'm thinking of just putting the attractions with the Big Top thread so it will be Big Top and Attractions] and the Camp Grounds.

abandoneddolly

Dark Deception

Well, to add a suggestion or just to put an idea out there, when I read all the ideas, I couldn't help but imagine the state fair. How there's small  rides about, vendors, and then tents if you want to pay money to see something or someone whose interesting or scary. Not sure if a fair makes it easier to create a setting large enough for your ideas. Or maybe you had the fair idea. Attractions is a pretty broad word lol.

abandoneddolly

I think we need to have a maze of mirrors,

iroleplayyaoi

I wrote up most of the attractions already [have yet to post it], but they have a haunted house, a rollercoaster with some unpleasant buddies, creepy games and creepy prizes. I think I'll add a maze of mirrors though. This is why I need people to give me ideas, I can't think of them all by myself lol.

iroleplayyaoi

The posts are up, the NPCs are finished and the finally ready to roleplay!

No one has to wait for me, just post and I'll post with my characters sooner or later. =)

I hope everyone enjoys the posts.

abandoneddolly

pendarious

not yet sure how to start with Elizabeth but ive got Aaron goin.

iroleplayyaoi

I know what you mean. I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do with both my characters.

Elizabeth could be resting or something in the Camp Grounds. I can have Zandall join her.

By the way, the time will help with things and I won't go by minutes, since that would be annoying. I'll go by 9:20 and 9:30 only. That way no one will get annoyed with the time keep butting in. xD

pendarious

iroleplayyaoi

Actually Pen, I come up with when the time changes. That way I can see when the right time would be to change it.

pendarious

sorry bout that *scratches back of head* i corrected that

iroleplayyaoi

That's fine. I didn't put that in the rules about the time clock. xD

Dark Deception

Just a heads up to pen and abby, I'm about to post to you guys in the Mirror Maze, but it's just an introduction. So just a heads up.

abandoneddolly

allright was about to post but shall wait to see what your d oing

iroleplayyaoi

I'm not sure when I'm going to have Jack join in. Probably sooner or later.

pendarious

i just finished reading bojangles intro.....that was hilarious to say the least.

Dark Deception

Black Orchid

Okay iroleplayyaoi, I'm probably the culprit that keeps boosting up your page views ;D, but I'm a little at a crossroad here, I'm slightly full on RPs, but I really like a circus idea, though I'm afraid I wont have any interest to keep my share of the stories going. If this RP had a story, some form of plot line to follow, I might get a burst of creativity, and actually post frequently. Not saying that this doesn't have a plot, but does the story go any deeper than a demon circus harassing (in a good way ;)) normal people? I only say this because I'm a little loose on creativity for entertainment, at this point in my RP, I need a story to follow, otherwise, I'd love to have my freak just run around and... entertain... individuals. You have no idea how much I love the circus.
Such a lovely garden of Orchids; just be wary of the black ones...
O&O of a Flower

When to Bloom and When to Wilt.

iroleplayyaoi

Lol. Actually, I think I do...by accident. I keep having to update my front page. xD

Actually, I had an idea once the end of the circus and midnight strikes. I rather not have the roleplay run around like it has its head cut off with nothing solid to go by. I just have to thinking of the NPC [or someone to play him] for the main role. This was only act one, act two [after the circus is finished and the clock strikes midnight] I'm taking it in another direction. I was going to wait until after the circus to say anything or when I change the time to 9:30 and the circus starts, but since you're here...I guess the cats out of the bag. xD

If you don't like the idea, that's alright and best of luck on finding another roleplay. No hard feelings. =)

When I was making up Zandall's profile, I realized that the character I was talking about can have a huge impact on the roleplay [which is why I was thinking of not making him a NPC]. Zandall may be the leader of the circus, but he's not the one pulling strings. When midnight strikes this time around and the people who are trapped here are told of their fate, the circus won't vanish back into the darkness like it normally does to reappear somewhere else. It will remain where it's at and cause some confusion since that will be the first time something like that has ever happened. The reason behind it will be the owner has kept it where he can find it to talk to the others about their new and final act. The act will involve the death of the members of the circus in front of the audience, being killed in horrible ways be the remaining members of the circus as a farewell show for one night only. No one can deny him and even though Zandall tries to talk him out of it, the owner says that the police have been asking around and lots of questions to people and he doesn’t himself to be linked to the circus. So everyone will be greeted for their last show with a mass murder for their grand ending.

I wanted to tell everyone about it later, but maybe it’s a good idea to bring it to everyone’s attention now. Besides, that’s all I have in mind when my burst of inspiration came. I was thinking the show would go on, only for Zandall to call it off before any deaths take place or the death of a NPC takes place after or the owner would be murdered, so to speak, but that’s when everyone finds out he’s actually the Demon Lord all along or some random demon wanting to have fun with the humans and turning them into something their not, except Zandall because he was born like that.

Thoughts, comments and suggestions are welcomed. I know it’s a little bit different from the “original” plot, but I didn’t want to keep it that way. It would get too boring after awhile.

Dark Deception

Keeping your idea, why not just have them either kill the Demon Lord or escape the circus. Maybe when all the nightmare freaks escape the Circus, they wind up taking over the town and cities because they are no longer being bound to one place. That sounds like it could lead to a chapter two of the RP, where there are freak hunters or Human resistance members. A cult could have got their hands on the Big Top and use it to transform their members into monsters. But yeah, there's my two-cents.

Edit: To pen and abby, my character was leaving the Mirror Maze (thus him going towards the entrance from which they came), and I was saying in my post if your characters chose to remain then they would find all that stuff as they went, but it's all right. On my next post, I'm going to assume they just continued through the Maze since that's what you both seemed to be writing amongst your dialog.

iroleplayyaoi

I really like that idea and it would be call for more character ideas too. =)

I think that having him live would add to another act and just escaping the circus.

So we have Act One, Act Two and Act Three and possible Act Four with the Demon Lord finding them.

Black Orchid

Sorry to have you spill the beans so early ;D, but yes, that really help a lot, my interest has skyrocketed, I'll be jumping in this pretty soon, I can now form a story around it. Though I might be slow on the updates, I'll be able to frequently post once my character is built, please save a spot for me :-).
O&O of a Flower

iroleplayyaoi

Bean spiller....Lol. xD

Of course...as you can see...not many people have been joining, but maybe it I put the next acts up it would internet more people too.

I feel like I need to update the starting post here...again. xD

Dark Deception

Well, I notice that usually people don't join too fast because they're already swamped in stories. That has always been the case when I try to start things too. Slow to acquire people.

I'm almost finished with this post I've been writing up for the Mirror Maze players. It reminds me of some horror movie lol how this is going.

iroleplayyaoi

I can't wait to see what you have next! It was so like a clown to be funny, but he sure is creepy too. xD

I'm just not see how to add in Jack yet...I'm sure I'll think of something.

Dark Deception

Meh, I'm actually going to take longer because people decide to talk to me at the end of it. -_-

pendarious

*grinning* i absolutely adore the new direction of the plot. to be honest i would have enjoyed playing out the characters deaths for the sake of the plot but now that we have this continuity nod i'm willing to carry on *laughs*

Ironwolf85

is this still open?
I might have a character.
I've talked to a few other nerds, and one of the guys had a nasty digital nightmare.
it soulc be somthing worth trying
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Dark Deception

Looks like we're ready for the Big Top :p. I don't have much else to post unless I wanted to pass the time. I'm feeling tired so I'm crashin' for the rest of the night.

Black Orchid

Okay, this one is going to get real ironic (for me rather) DX

Name: Willow (Wiggly)

Race: Black Willow Spider.

Visitor or circus performer: Circus performer; contortionist, aerial silk.

Appearance: Willow has short choppy red hair that's A-symmetrically cut, dark skin with red like floral, web tattoos; her eyes are a piercing yellow. Willow stands at five feet two, with slightly longer than normal arms and legs, her limbs are thin compared to her petite body; it makes her figure look more buxom than it really is.

Sexual preference: Males

Personality: Quite, extremely so, she doesn't like to talk to people, unless directly spoken to, and the only time you'd hear a full complete sentence is if she's talking to her spiders, or you've pissed her off good. Willow loves her spiders, and handle them with the up most care, her loyalty for them is so strong and strange at times to where it seems they control her, as if she worshiped them, fear them.

Willow can not climb walls, though her skin is sleek and smooth like that of a spider's shell. She does not have chelicerae, though her teeth are very sharp, and she does not spin web, she doesn't know how, nor does she have the ability to do so, and, quite frankly, she doesn't think that joke is all that funny. Though, Willow is strangely lighter than humanly possible, at fifty pounds, she is still able to lift double her body weight, not that she is that strong, but compared to her own size, it's pretty admirable.

Willow's spiders hide everywhere, either with her, being in her hair or clothes, or around the whole circus; some could even be found a small ways outside the big top.

History: Willow Featherbird can't remember her past at all, she do, however, remembers being trap in a small, dark box like area, filled with insects that ranged from coleoptera, to her most loathed, arachnids, she had remembered always hating spiders, or more so, fearing them. Her mind seemed to have shattered as all she could focus on was the spiders jitter over her skin. Even though she couldn't see them, with the box being completely pitch black, she could feel them, and easily tell which legs were that of a spider. With this memory, she still doesn't know how she became tolerant with spiders, and doesn't too much mind as she had placed herself as the mistress black widow spider, harboring and protecting hoards of random male spiders.

Willow has been at the circus for a while, she doesn't know how long 'a while' have been, but from what she can remember, she had spent one 'birthday' there, being that of a nineteen year old. Willow is the circus contortionist, bending and flexing her limbs in ways that makes people cringe, her main act is aerial silk, where she can show off her contortions between silvery netted linens that resembles web. Her spiders do join her in this act, crawling along the faux web, though people hardly believe they're real, thinking they're just little decorations.
O&O of a Flower

iroleplayyaoi

That's really a creative character you have there and works great with the show too. That's good that you're character is straight and a girl too, since there is only 1 other straight girl.

Welcome to the roleplay. =)

iroleplayyaoi

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on July 24, 2010, 09:44:27 PM
is this still open?
I might have a character.
I've talked to a few other nerds, and one of the guys had a nasty digital nightmare.
it soulc be somthing worth trying

Yes. We're still looking for more people. I almost didn't see you there. xD

Travaius

Wasn't aware this had started. Damn I should pay more attention

Black Orchid

Thanks, it'll be very ironic because I completely loath spiders, they terrify me to death.
O&O of a Flower

iroleplayyaoi

I'm allergic to them, if one bites me I look like a balloon. xD

It's ironic for my to play a snake character, because I'm kind of afraid of snakes...at least the huge one's...I like gardener snakes.

Dark Deception

Today was the most quiet day. I was able to play an MMO all day without getting a RP alert once lol. I felt like posting in the camp grounds like my char was warming up or getting ready for the show, but I haven't decided yet.  :-\

Ironwolf85

Quote from: iroleplayyaoi on July 25, 2010, 11:31:11 AM
Yes. We're still looking for more people. I almost didn't see you there. xD
ahhh well... the idea of some kind is still forming.
maybe somthing that one does not assoiate with the weak digital nerd who the monster started as...
hmmmm...
the idea of a muscular digital demon thing, kinda faceless with only a pair of yellow eyes, blue skin with an inlaid gold circutboard pattern....
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Crovonovin

Figure I'll toss my hat into the ring, at least tentatively.  If there are any questions or concerns, or if either character just doesn't seem to quite fit, let me know!

...And I promise I'm not usually so sadistically-minded!

Name: Baron Scratch
Race: Human (So he claims)
Circus Performer: Caretaker of The Zone
Sexual Preference: Pansexual
Personality:

The Baron (who is most certainly not a baron nor any other sort of respectable individual) is a creature of conflict, both internal and external.  His is a personality that is constantly in flux and has no sort of consistency; from moment to moment he can be a sexually depraved madman; an aristocratic gentleman with a distaste for physical contact; a bombastic showman with a flair for theatrics; a wily tempter filled with all sorts of wild promises and dangerous bargains; or a shrewd and serious businessman with sleeves filled with iron-clad contracts.  There is no rhyme or reason to these sudden shifts, though it seems he will adopt whatever personality is best suited for getting under the skin of whatever individuals are in his presence.

History:

Scratch is a man without a history, for whatever sordid anecdotes slip past his feverish lips are surely nothing more than fabrications.  Sometimes he is an orphan, other times he enjoyed a comfortable and lavish lifestyle with loving parents, and still other times he was raised by wolves.  He is a high school drop-out, a former professor at a prestigious university, and an unschooled voodoo witch doctor all at once.  He eloped with his childhood sweetheart, has never been married, and participated in a polygamous relationship with three dozen men and women, two horses, and a bull mastiff.  His past is whatever will excite, entertain, disgust, or garner respect and admiration from those he meets.

What is known is that he joined the Nightmare Circus several months ago of his own volition, meeting in private with the Ringmaster with the offer to set up his own exclusive attraction within the park without costing the Circus a single cent.  With the promise of more entertainment and more revenue without any additional costs, how could the man refuse?  Bringing nothing but a sufficiently battered young man and a few heavy suitcases, the Baron soon set to work on his own special little ride.

An abstract reality where anything and everything can (and often does) happen!

For a modest fee of only ten dollars, visitors are fit snugly into comfortable glass spheres and sent down what at first seems like an ordinary track.

But just when their minds begin to wander and wonder if they've been ripped off, they are jettisoned into a world beyond their expectations!  A realm of pulsating lights and throbbing, ephemeral shapes that defy all description and classification!

No two rides are ever the same, though it is a rare soul indeed that is able to enter twice unscathed.  As they are steadily pushed through technicolor veins past glimmering, faerie-filled vistas of taffy-coated flesh and supernova skies, they may soon come to find that their protective little bubble is not holding up quite as well as they were promised.

The unlucky ones plummet out the bottom (or the sides, or even through the roof!), caught in the churning ocean of nonsensical physics and non-Euclidean geometries until they are nothing more than wailing brine and surf.

But others are changed in very different ways.  They may find themselves with another's face, an extra appendage (or two, or three!), or a gender far unlike their own.  Some cease to be human entirely, changing into something less inclined to saunter about on only two legs.  Literally no change is out of the question, even if the question itself is something better left unsaid.

And at the very center, at the ride's end, is the Baron himself.  He stands in an undecorated room lit by candlelight (despite there being no candles in sight), waiting to receive anyone and everyone that has managed to survive to the end of the ride.  And there, in his own private playground, he offers them a choice.  They can remain as they are, despite whatever weird and fantastic changes may have occurred, or they can play a little game in order to have the altercations reversed.  If the former, his guests are allowed to do whatever they please with one another to test out their new shapes.  If the latter...well...anything could happen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Jason Wick
Race: Human
Circus Performer: The Unkillable Boy
Sexual Preference: Homosexual
Personality:
Timid, twitchy, paranoid, and extremely distrustful of just about everyone he comes across.  Considering his role in the Circus, he has very valid reasons to act the way he does.  He talks rarely, and when he does it is with a plodding voice that scratches painfully from lack of use.  This is not the sort of boy that is used to enjoyable company, and he makes no attempts to hide it.  It is rare for Jason to react with violence--and he is scarcely strong enough to put up much of a fight--but on occasion he will do his damnedest to fight back against 'visitors'.

History:

Jason was admitted into the Circus as an extreme sideshow attraction for the wicked and the depraved, dragged in several months back when Baron Scratch came to make his tempting offer.  Their relationship is unknown, but it is quite clear to everyone that it is shockingly abusive and more than a little obscene. 

The young man is generally locked up in his own private box in a rather dark and often neglected part of the Circus, guarded by rather skeevy looking women and the occasional man with shifty eyes and an oddly pleasant smile.  Jason is touted as being supposedly "Unkillable", and the constantly playing video tapes that line his walls seem very intent on driving that point home.  Each one of them depicts a different grisly death or torture, with him as the victim.  Once the murder is finished, the prone body twitches and slowly but surely reverts to its usual state, visibly shaken but otherwise none the worse for wear.  Then the tapes rewind, and the show begins anew. 

Once a customer has been sufficiently convinced that Jason is indeed unable to die, they are allowed to buy a voucher for a modest fee, which allows them twenty minutes alone with the caged man.  They are given whatever objects they need (sexual or otherwise), and locked inside.  The screens are turned off, and the two (or more) are left in solitude.  From that point on, they are allowed to do whatever they wish, no questions asked and no judgments made about their character. 

In spite of all the world's moral scruples, all the teachings and laws that are hammered into the human mind from an early age, and that niggling, nagging thing called a conscious, you would be surprised what a person can do to an innocent when left alone with them for twenty minutes.

abandoneddolly

I was thinking about posting something about finding a seat or something for the circus in the big top, but not sure yet... should I wait.

iroleplayyaoi

I love the profiles Shihong and I'll add The Zone to attraction part of the roleplay. Post any time, but I mind not be able to post much. I need to update the front page again and having some issues right now, but I'll try to post something today. I love that you have a gay character too, maybe I'll actually have someone to pair up with now lol. xD

Abandoneddolly, you can have your character take a seat, but it might be a bit. I still haven't decided when to change the clock and start the circus and now that we have someone new, I want them to have a chance to roleplay before the circus starts.

abandoneddolly

yeah I figured as  much which is why I was holding off doing it for now

Crovonovin

Glad to be a part!

I anyone happens to want to partake in some interaction with my characters (particularly Jason, who is more of a "go to" sort of character), don't hesitate to shoot me a PM and we can work something out. 

While on the subject of Jason, I would like to add that killing him is not something you have to do once you're in his cell.  You can literally do whatever your character wants, from innocuous talking to other, slightly more distasteful things.  Again, PM for any details you might be curious about, related to either character.  Especially since both of them have only been a part of the Circus for a few months, it will be helpful to know how the other members of the Circus relate to Jason and the Baron.

pendarious

hehe hey shihong i havent seen you in a while! hows it going?

Crovonovin

Pretty good!  Sorry I had to back out of that zombie game awhile back.  I'm hoping to be a bit more stable in the future.

Ironwolf85

good luck... I'm still hashing out background.
what could be a better monster than taking an overly uptight geek, and giving him a new body to act out those fantasies... could be somthing cool

pendarious

glad to hear your doing well and it's fine i mean you did say you were busy so it couldn't be helped *shrugs*

Dreamers Sand

"Adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features."
An Hourglass of Dreams | Ons & Offs

iroleplayyaoi

Ironwolf85

I post mine tomorrow... oooh.. secondary idea, maybe somthing from japanese mythology...

iroleplayyaoi

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on July 26, 2010, 11:55:30 PM
I post mine tomorrow... oooh.. secondary idea, maybe somthing from japanese mythology...

Whatever you want. =)

Dreamers Sand

Name: Azalea Fain
Race: One Third Human | One Third Succubus | One Third Gypsy {Pureblood of Lore}
Visitor or circus performer: Performer: Contortionist Dancer
Appearance: [Larger Image]
Sexual preference: Straight
Personality: Azalea is somewhat timid, and yet extremely attention snatching. Something about this woman reeks of seduction and kindness, though she has a bit of a darker more dominating side that only makes special appearances. Azalea is otherwise a somewhat fun, creative, and sultry individual who loves small talk and simple things- and does not favor money nor materials. Other things to explain her might even include compassionate, generous, and alluring.
History (Simplified): Azalea was born of three different bloodlines. Her mother was a gypsy, her father half human half incubus. She was raised away from most civilization because of her instantly known abilities. Abilities that included her astonishing dancing and ability to move in ways no human could. Sheltered from life, when she turned sixteen, she decided to run away. The next two years she spent learning of the darkness of reality, and she grew to be stronger than many took her to be. She also strengthened her fighting ability, as well as her ability to read emotions. Now she has come to the circus after having recently worked as a freelance dancer in a dark nightclub called "Sigyn's Venom".

________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Zahira Dreamweaver
Race: Unknown
Visitor or circus performer: Performer: Hypnotist
Appearance: [Larger Image]
Sexual preference: Bisexual
Personality: Zahira is an enigma by many many means. She is entrancing in her ways, and riddling in her answers. She is one who likes to talk and enjoys conversation though she can be quite the brow-raiser. Zahira is somewhat cold, calculating, and manipulative. And be careful, sometimes she enjoys taking people and hypnotizing them into spying for her. And she's not afraid to put out on the table what she wants, and even methods of how she will get it if she prefers to instill such into the thoughts of her to be victims of sexual or mental gameplay.
History (Simplified): Zahira was born in the Victorian Era as a governess to teach young children. It was upon one job to teach a child named Vincent Rodanthe that her life would forever be changed. The son and heir of a major wealth, but as well the bloodline of a long line of telepaths and mental 'demons' as many called them. As he came upon the age of 17, he and Zahira of now 20 engaged in sexual activities, and he used his gifts to explore her mind and implore a world of pleasure and darkness she had never dreamed of. It was one night in bed that she saw back into his mind, and realized that he was a murderer, much like Jack the Ripper of the age. Zahira soon afterward did battle with the mind demon, and strangely enough she won. But before battle was done, he pierced two fingertips with his blade and then shoved those fingers towards her left eye. When the blood fogged over her eye, her iris shifted to a reflective milky white, and the gift of his people slipped through her eye and into her mind...
-
After that day, she began to decline into a state of mental insanity, but after a hundred years, she began to master it. She grew to learn she was not immortal, as she could be hurt and healed in the same time, but that if she believed she would not age, then she would not. Her mind was shaped into a weapon. Upon the current day and age, Zahira has taken up a job as a hypnotist, where she can enjoy a living creeping into people's minds and puppeting the living as if they were animate corpses for her disposal.

"Adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features."
An Hourglass of Dreams | Ons & Offs

iroleplayyaoi

Welcome to the roleplay Eternity. =)

Join in anytime. =)

Dark Deception

I didn't see my character on the list anymore as far as Circus Performers.  :-\

pendarious

iroleplayyaoi

I was cheating and saving the old thread post and just updating it. I must have accidently forgot to update Bojangles part once I decided on using the "old" thread post. xD

pendarious

Ironwolf85

Name: Raymond Dalien Quiggly
Race: human to former human
Visitor or circus performer: visitor, future preformer. role yet to be determend
Appearance: orignally a slightly overweight young man with glasses, red tie and suspenders and a poneytail.
after his change....

Sexual preference: orignally straight, but will take any once transformed
Personality: smart, supressed, calm, solom, and incredibily intelligent. once transformed incredibly loose and indulgant in his desires. has a tendency to bully others as he's been bullied.
History: Raymond was always unhappy tending the servers at Grey solutions, he took refuge in his extensive anime collection and the electronic world of the internet. Though unhappy he was a loyal employee, till the day the fired him. Until that day he'd indentified with the japanese legend of Hahici, the eternally loyal dog who wated for his master long after he'd died.
For him being fired ruined his life, and felt like a major betrayal of that loyality.
He spend a few dollars that night to visit the circus to forget his woes. It was the supressed emotions and urges, alongside that feeling of loyality abused, that the circus sezed upon.
At the end of the night he will become a monster based on The Hachici story he identified with so strongly. Though a much darker version. in addition the circus twisted his desire for control over his own life into incredible strengh and power, a power it encourages him to abuse.

Ironwolf85

I saw a lot of monsters in the circus corrupted by lust, and rage, sloth, and greed. I didn't see pride, so I made a character who's downfall was blind loyality and excessive pride in himself

Dark Deception

How big is this RP going to get? We have a ton of performers now. If they plan to post, then based on your "time" in the RP it would have to be within the duration of 30mins. Unless you make the show start at 11pm so when it's over it's Midnight and if the audience is stuck there, then yeah. I also thought that even when they do post, it's like still within 30mins but everyone is in different places where it all happens at the same time. But any who, I'll try and write up a post in the Camp Grounds. I've been waking up late because I haven't been sleeping all that comfortably, and it's yeah, like waking up on the wrong side of the bed.

iroleplayyaoi

Ironwolf, you didn't get my okay to post yet and it appeared that you ignored the entire first post in the Big Top about what happens. He is lead to his seat, not just finds his seat because it's pitch black and he can't see.

Dark, I was actually thinking about closing the roleplay for Act One and opening it when we get to Act Two or Three. I've just been trouble with the time too, but I figured that I want everyone to have a go at things first.

pendarious

this whole deal is getting more and more amusing.

Ironwolf85

Dark Deception

lol I can't stay home long enough to just freakin' post. I want to post this thing! But going out to Vietnamese restaurant. Probably post tomorrow if I get a good sleep -_-.

Dark Deception

Awesome. I got back at a good hour. I don't know if everyone feels this way, but I'm the kind of person if I go out too much and can't just sit home and relax, then I get tired of going out and I tell everyone to leave me alone and shut myself in for a week lol. *goes to work on post* It's just the want to be around a writing device. Laptop, pencil, paper, anything.

pendarious

*just finished reading the campground posts*  bojangles.......*dies laughing* that's just......*wheezes and falls over out of chair*

iroleplayyaoi

I'm letting everyone know that I'm suffering with my depression episode and probably won't post for awhile. I lost my love/will to write, but this happens often and I always come out of it. Everyone can roleplay without me [unless my character is involved] and I'll keep updated with my A/A. I'm sorry everyone and I hope this doesn't ruin the roleplay at all.

pendarious

it's ok everyone suffers these sort of things from time to time

abandoneddolly

iroleplayyaoi

Thanks for being understanding and I'll update my A/A daily, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to posting.

abandoneddolly

ok just get better oh and I was going to ask you can I make another character?
this probbaly isn't the best time for that though.

iroleplayyaoi

I don't really care. Just one new character, I'm going to be shutting it down soon...when I feel better.

pendarious

take your time and get to feeling better wer'e in no hurry

Ironwolf85

iroleplayyaoi

Shutting it down as in not having anyone else new join until the next act.

Ironwolf85

Dark Deception

Crovonovin

I can have The Baron post in the Campgrounds later today.

Dark Deception

Just to say I'm still around. I'll be posting tomorrow.

Ironwolf85

my guy's just a spectator till the change thingy happens