News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

D3 is live

Started by SinXAzgard21, May 15, 2012, 02:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

Quote from: Cold Heritage on May 17, 2012, 10:42:03 PM
Okay so there is an "elective mode" hidden away in the options that'll somewhat free up how I can bind skills.

Yeah, you're still limited in the number of total skills you can have "active" at any given time, but you can reassign them to whatever slots you want if you enable the option to do so (which I did while in the beta weekend, but I don't recall where you activate that option). I remember using the monk's AE sweeping strikes as my main form of attack with the right-click attack being a burst attack (the kick, I think) and then having the lightning punch for a third skill. Why that instead of one of the support/defensive skills? Just for mobility - I'd use that attack with the teleport rune enabled to jump group to group. Worked pretty well.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinXAzgard21

Okay, so I asked nicely once and I'll do it one more time.  If your topic is not D3 related please start another topic to talk about yours.  I don't care that Blizzard made it and I don't care about D2. 

Ryven, I got your PM but have gotten wrapped up in Lost so I will add you and should be on during the weekend.  ^^
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 18, 2012, 03:28:22 AM
Okay, so I asked nicely once and I'll do it one more time.  If your topic is not D3 related please start another topic to talk about yours. 

Do you consider commenting about Diablo 3's UI and skill system is not D3 related?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Ixia

Sooo, after playing a bit more, despite the occasional lag and server meltdowns I think that it's a great game. However I wouldn't pay full price for it, mostly due to the online DRM and action house... I'm also not liking what I'm hearing about the game being quite short and linear so... maybe when the price drops down, otherwise it's just not worth my money.
O&O's             Desires             A&A's

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Cold Heritage on May 18, 2012, 11:09:22 AM
Do you consider commenting about Diablo 3's UI and skill system is not D3 related?

That as to do with D3 so that is fine, I just want the thread to become a debate on d2 vs d3 or about how Blizzard does this and that and should be this and that.  This, as far as the UI, personally I wish it could have had a little more flair...

Chris Brady

Quote from: Ixia on May 18, 2012, 11:18:42 AM
Sooo, after playing a bit more, despite the occasional lag and server meltdowns I think that it's a great game. However I wouldn't pay full price for it, mostly due to the online DRM and action house... I'm also not liking what I'm hearing about the game being quite short and linear so... maybe when the price drops down, otherwise it's just not worth my money.

I don't know.  D2 wasn't that much longer.  As for linearity, it does feel pretty much like a straight line, however it's not like there were many options in the previous games either.  Although, I admit my feelings might be bit screwed up at the moment, been playing a lot of Skyrim of late.

Honestly, though, this on line only thing was a bad call.  I know of two Hardcore players who tried and won't anymore.  And I actually experienced why.  Server sync issues.  I am currently playing a Barb, and a couple of times I got killed whirl winding out of a nasty clusterbuck only to be teleported right back in just to waste a potion and still get completely murdered anyway.

Unfortunately, that's something you can't fix when playing online.  Sometimes it's not either side ut your ISP.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 18, 2012, 01:29:49 PM
Honestly, though, this on line only thing was a bad call.  I know of two Hardcore players who tried and won't anymore.  And I actually experienced why.  Server sync issues.  I am currently playing a Barb, and a couple of times I got killed whirl winding out of a nasty clusterbuck only to be teleported right back in just to waste a potion and still get completely murdered anyway.

Yep. I saw enough hiccups in the few days I played in the beta to confirm my preexisting suspicion the lag would make the game unpleasant to play, if only intermittently.

I don't have anything against Blizzard, though. I've loved the majority of their games. I'm just not a fanboy, so I don't buy games if I don't think I'm going to want to play them, regardless of studio. ;p
◕/◕'s

Aiden

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 18, 2012, 01:29:49 PM
I don't know.  D2 wasn't that much longer.  As for linearity, it does feel pretty much like a straight line, however it's not like there were many options in the previous games either.  Although, I admit my feelings might be bit screwed up at the moment, been playing a lot of Skyrim of late.

Unfortunately, that's something you can't fix when playing online.  Sometimes it's not either side ut your ISP.

Spec Frenzy - heal and revenge heal and you can be old skool whirly barb.

Even that will beat the dreaded monster La'Ag with disconnecting infusion

Chris Brady

Quote from: Aiden on May 18, 2012, 05:28:14 PM
Spec Frenzy - heal and revenge heal and you can be old skool whirly barb.

Even that will beat the dreaded monster La'Ag with disconnecting infusion

Doesn't help.  I know, I tried it.  Getting pulled back three times within two seconds in a mob of blues?  Crushed.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Cold Heritage

I'm really finding that I want more than four skills to be usable at a time - I find that there are some skills that are rather useful in particular instances, but not generally useful enough that I want them bound to one of my few slots.

The game also feels fairly short. I play through from almost the beginning of act 2 all the way to the end today with a friend and we took about 7-ish hours to do it. We weren't super thorough and 100% exploring every map, though we did go into every cellar we could find. On one hand I guess it's good it was needlessly padded out, and if it were longer I suspect I'd get tired of enemy repetition - there was good enough variety at the clip the game moved along at that I wasn't in one place long enough for its geography and enemies to get stale.

I'm QQing a lot because I had been using a helmet I found at the end of act 1 and just never found anything better until we tooled around in act 1 nightmare a bit, and I'd made about a dozen or so yellow arming caps and they were all better for non-barbarians - I got Int and Dex boosters like crazy. All of them just did only that just about. Maybe one was a Vit and miscellaneous.

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 18, 2012, 12:59:55 PM
That as to do with D3 so that is fine, I just want the thread to become a debate on d2 vs d3 or about how Blizzard does this and that and should be this and that.  This, as far as the UI, personally I wish it could have had a little more flair...

Ok. Was asking so I know where I stood, is all.

Kirce

Hmm... this might be a little... I don't know, but if anyone has a spare guest invite code I would really appreciate it, just to see why is everyone talking about this game as of late. By the way I'm in Europe.

Chris Brady

If I had a friend code I'd give it, but as I got this game as part of the annual pass, I don't have any.

HOWEVER, there will be a 'starter edition' about a month from release, so you can try it free in June. :)

Kirce

That's good to know :)

Chris Brady

It'll let you go to level 13, and I think be about half of the first chapter, but it's still fun.

Personally, 90% of my issues with the game would be solved with an off-line Single Player mode.

Kirce

I can imagine, I just read that they're doing maintenance... and it's sunday afternoon.

Aiden

Hey Kirce,

Sent you one of my guess passes, enjoy.

Kirce

Wish it was for Europe :( They should really allow people with starter accounts to switch regions! Anyway, I didn't use it, like I said in the PM but thanks for trying to help me!

Chris Brady

Warning!

Gamespy.com is reporting that there is a rash of accounts being hacked.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1224789p1.html

Change your password at the very least.

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 21, 2012, 08:10:35 PM
Warning!

I guess that is another downside of it being online only... Then again everything has been getting hacked lately. Don't they ever get bored? What class in D3 is the most fun at the moment? I thought the Monk class looked interesting and would be one of the reasons I'll eventually pick it up...

Shjade

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on May 21, 2012, 09:46:56 PM
What class in D3 is the most fun at the moment?

I'm having a blast with the Hacker class at the moment, but it's sort of a specialty class for...err...

...um. Nevermind. >.>
◕/◕'s

Inkidu

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 21, 2012, 08:10:35 PM
Warning!

What's more ludicrous is that Blizzard is punishing the victims of these hacks. I get that they can only give so many roll-backs on accounts, but banning the poor unfortunate victim because they and Blizzard are incapable of providing security of this always-online environment is absurd. I know that there is an element of risk, but punishing the account's holder is kind of like the customer in jail when the bank gets robbed.

Who knows if the poor guys and girls victimized will even get a second chance. How many different accounts is a person allowed to create?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

SinXAzgard21

I guess that is another downside of it being online only... Then again everything has been getting hacked lately. Don't they ever get bored? What class in D3 is the most fun at the moment? I thought the Monk class looked interesting and would be one of the reasons I'll eventually pick it up...

I'm enjoying my Witch Doctor and my Demon Hunter.  I'm planning on trying out Monk soon and possibly Wizard but I don't like the look of the Barbarian.  Pretty much it is what you like playing.

Cold Heritage

A friend I play with does the monk, and he's a blast to play with. He's got some nice attacks, gets a pet, and can do some healing buffs. Having Dexterity as a main stat seems to do some good things for the class, since they get it boosting damage, armour, dodge bonus, and what have you.

I've only played the barbarian, and I think it's an okay class. I really think it suffers a lot from not having the full keyboard for skills; I'd like to leap into the fray, use a couple shouts, then pop some abilities, and be able to have the ranged abilities at the end there for the times I need them to pick off runners or annoying enemies that like to flit around and not directly engage (act 2 sand wasps, I'm looking at you).

The one thing I guess that is kind of bugging me is that two-handed weapons seem pretty shafted. There just never seems to be any I come across that makes forgoing an off-hand item worthwhile - it's giving up up to five extra magic effects. The effects on two-handed weapons don't seem stronger than one-handed ones, and the DPS is only marginally higher at baseline.

Callie Del Noire

I'm rocking out on my Demon Hunter.. she's nice looking and if I can just get a few more bits.. I'll be able to build a GM bow that will HOPEFULLY break me out of the 390.00 dps range I'm stuck in.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 22, 2012, 02:39:08 AM
I'm rocking out on my Demon Hunter.. she's nice looking and if I can just get a few more bits.. I'll be able to build a GM bow that will HOPEFULLY break me out of the 390.00 dps range I'm stuck in.

I'm playing very very casually...  Like I've not even got through the first act with my DH.