I have a book series praised by both Stephen King and Stephanie Meyer.

Started by Wolfy, August 15, 2011, 10:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

And I am confused. @_@

It's "The Hunger Games" series by Suzanne Collins, if anyone has read it.

@_@ It's just...two very, very different authors, coming together to praise one series..I dunno if I should be excited or flabbergasted.

Oniya

Stephanie Meyer can read?

*smacks self*  Bad Oniya.  No biscuit.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

meikle

It's a genre that Stephen King has played with a couple of times himself (see: The Long Walk, The Running Man)

Stephanie Meyer might not be a very good author, but that doesn't mean she can't recognize when other authors do things well. :p
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on August 16, 2011, 10:47:50 AM
Stephanie Meyer can read?

*smacks self*  Bad Oniya.  No biscuit.
Of course she can read... she just can't write! *flees*

Of course, I don't think anyone who used vampires beyond Stoker or maybe Blade is a good writer. That's just a personal choice :D
Don't judge me.

(Yes there are good vampire stories just to expect me to go around acknowledging them individually. It's like garlic to me.)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

MissMoonchild

The vampires in Blade are HORRIBLE if you're familiar with the source materiel. Mostly because Blade first appeared in "The Tomb of Dracula" comic series which was meant to pick up about a hundred years after the events in Stoker's Dracula. Marvel was really loyal to the book and those stories were great. I like the first two Blade movies but I think it would have been far more fun if they had stuck with the idea that the vampires were more like Stoker's Dracula and played those events off as real.