What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

*pokes Sabby* Like you would know...

though apparently this knowledge hasn't stopped you trying to get into my pants, so I must do something right. >_> o3o

Sabby

Just got Dark Corners of the Earth for Xbox. I don't know the Cthulhu Mythos very well, so I'm enjoying it a lot! But... I'm at a door that leads to the attic... the arbitrary child drawing with crayons says that her mums locked up there, and 'that she bites'.

I've unbolted the door, can hear growling and scratches coming down the stairs. I've shut the door, bolted it, paused the game and am writing this. Am a scared :(

Brandon

Ah poor Sabby. Souns like a pretty atmospheric game, Ill have to play it one day
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

It's a lot like Metro 2033. Based off of a book (sort of), very atmospheric, near HUD-less, some neat ideas held back by some awkward or antiquated design choices (Like insta-fail stealth segments)

Nyarly

Quote from: Sabby on July 21, 2010, 03:46:51 AM
Just got Dark Corners of the Earth for Xbox. I don't know the Cthulhu Mythos very well, so I'm enjoying it a lot! But... I'm at a door that leads to the attic... the arbitrary child drawing with crayons says that her mums locked up there, and 'that she bites'.

I've unbolted the door, can hear growling and scratches coming down the stairs. I've shut the door, bolted it, paused the game and am writing this. Am a scared :(
Boy, you really missed the best part. You should resume playing it! Although you encounter a potentially frustrating part soon too...

I have Dark Corners for PC, but I never finished and haven't played it for a while. I've read on TV Tropes that the PC version is even impossible to complete without a trainer, because Jack walks to slow there.

Wolfy

Still not sure what I'll get once i take my games back..o-o...o3o..well, I do know I'll be pre-ordering BlazBlue..but that's about it.

Sabby

Hard to find this game scary when the cops sound like Butthead with a mouth full of bread. Yes, I know they're half fish...

Wolfy

lol.

I'd like a scary game..but I dunno what to get...Metro 2033 isn't low enough in price for me, and I've already beaten DeadSpace.

Sabby

Thought you meant scary games, but you did say Dead Space...

TheLovelyMaid

GTA 4.

Nico Bellic is one sexy Eastern European. :3

Geeklet

Alien Swarm

It may have been free, but after playing it, I'd gladly shell out a few bucks for it.

Wolfy

Right now..playing through DeathSpank.

And MW2 multiplayer, of course.

Waiting for Blazblue next week..and then Monster Rancher DS after that. o3o

Autumn Wolf

Popping in to the thread bypassing 24 pages (sorry)  I used to play Xenimus, MU Online, Kal Online, Shaiya, Runes Of Magic, and Everquest (though I tend to pop in on them occasionally from time to time for diversity. One cannot become glued to one game alone).  I currently play WoW and City of Heroes.  There are days though when I miss my Sega Genesis and my Commodore 64 ^-^.
[tr][td]
Kain san tal elarim a'an sul e' elle adanim.. eya tan orren el vesta nupai tal andoreim..
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
:-•**•-:¦:-•**•.¸  Quelleme,  ¸.•*´:-•**•-:¦:-•*
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]
           *•.¸('*•.¸ ♥ ¸.•*´)¸.•*
      .•*♥´¨`• Lady Trea  •´¨`♥*•.
           ¸.•*(¸.•*´ ♥ `*•.¸)`*•.¸ [/td][/tr][/table]

Sabby

Just got Def Jam Vendetta in the mail, but my PS2 cords haven't arrived yet, so playing Venetica and Alter Echo to pass the time.

So glad I got back into Venetica. Such a nice game <3

I'm pissed at Alter Echo though... It totally stole my freakin' idea!

LIAR

KatieSparks

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker!

Sabby

Got a backlog of OXbox games to finish... Alter Echo, Otogi 2, Second Sight, Crimson Skies, Ultimate Spiderman, Cthulhu... right now, Cthulhu seems to be in a glitch that will force me back several levels, Crimson Skies is boring the fuck out of me, Second Sight is in a hard part, and it honestly has some control issues, Alter Echo is in a bit of a difficulty spike (and it still fucking robbed me!) and I honestly cannot for the life of me understand why everyone loves Ultimate Spider Man :/ It's not even in the same league as Spiderman 3.

So, yeah... Otogi 2 is the only game not giving me hassles. That's because it is made of Awesome.

NotoriusBEN

Quote from: Wolfy on July 21, 2010, 07:22:20 AM
Still not sure what I'll get once i take my games back..o-o...o3o..well, I do know I'll be pre-ordering BlazBlue..but that's about it.

I *CHALLENGE* YOU!!

I was playing the multiplayer beta for RUSE over the weekend, but now it's unavailable until the Sept 2010 release.
It is hands down one of the best RTS's I've played... Ploys, Jukes, Fakes... This game has outdone itself with creating deceptive warfare.
Deceptions cost near nothing to deploy (the backlash being you only get so many at a time, and your Human opponent getting wise to your antics)
The only thing better is actually SENDING the army the route you've pump faked four or five times and watching him do nothing, expecting the real attack to come from the left.

The other neat game Im playing is Alien Swarm. (Available on Steam, and its FREE). Think Gauntlet, Left 4 Dead, and Zerg. and that's a good assessment.

When I get home from work this week I am going to play Limbo, available on XBOX Live.  Assessment  will be on Monday or Tuesday...

Sabby

Well, Ultimate Spiderman can go throw itself in the toaster, and the toaster in the microwave, and the microwave in the fucking river.

I don't get it :/ Ultimate is supposed to be a modern revamp of Spiderman, to get rid of all the clutter and convoluted story of the older comics, but this game is just as mixed up as the others. It's supposed to be, not only the best Spiderman game, but the best comic book game ever. And to that I say "WTF are you on man?" It's average at best :/ Camera's horrid, controls and gameplay are clunky, forces you into precision swinging when the web swinging mechanics are mostly prayer and luck (in other words, totally not right for races and chase scenes) and the whole thing is just inferior in every way to Web of Shadows and Spiderman 3...

So confused...

Brandon

I never played web of shadows or Spiderman 3, but I like the web swinging in Ultimate spider man just because. Its not like the original spider man movie game where the game pretty much did the swinging for you. This mechanic is more freeform allowing the player control and it can get frustrating when you arent used to it. I still havnt played much of the story but of what I have played its not that great so I just go swinging rather then play with a confusing story that I would probably only understand if I were a spider man fan (which is pretty much the same for all comic book games).

If you dont like it, fair enough, but I love my ultimate spider man and dont need another game for swinging  ;D
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on July 22, 2010, 09:57:35 PM
I *CHALLENGE* YOU!!

I was playing the multiplayer beta for RUSE over the weekend, but now it's unavailable until the Sept 2010 release.
It is hands down one of the best RTS's I've played... Ploys, Jukes, Fakes... This game has outdone itself with creating deceptive warfare.
Deceptions cost near nothing to deploy (the backlash being you only get so many at a time, and your Human opponent getting wise to your antics)
The only thing better is actually SENDING the army the route you've pump faked four or five times and watching him do nothing, expecting the real attack to come from the left.

The other neat game Im playing is Alien Swarm. (Available on Steam, and its FREE). Think Gauntlet, Left 4 Dead, and Zerg. and that's a good assessment.

When I get home from work this week I am going to play Limbo, available on XBOX Live.  Assessment  will be on Monday or Tuesday...

No no no, Sir..I challenge you!...To Hydro Thunder: Hurricane! next week! o3o

Or Magic the Gathering. *shrugs* I'm trying to get all the cards for the Landfall Deck. o3o

Heaven Sent Blossom

Quote from: Sabby on July 22, 2010, 11:39:28 PM
Well, Ultimate Spiderman can go throw itself in the toaster, and the toaster in the microwave, and the microwave in the fucking river.

I don't get it :/ Ultimate is supposed to be a modern revamp of Spiderman, to get rid of all the clutter and convoluted story of the older comics, but this game is just as mixed up as the others. It's supposed to be, not only the best Spiderman game, but the best comic book game ever. And to that I say "WTF are you on man?" It's average at best :/ Camera's horrid, controls and gameplay are clunky, forces you into precision swinging when the web swinging mechanics are mostly prayer and luck (in other words, totally not right for races and chase scenes) and the whole thing is just inferior in every way to Web of Shadows and Spiderman 3...

So confused...

I have, literally, never met a single person who considers Ultimate to be either the best Spiderman or the best comic book game ever made. I think it could've been a fine enough game if it weren't for how poorly put together the Venom scenes where. As it stands it's just another example of how there really hasn't really been a good/great (delete as you feel applicable) Spiderman game since Spiderman 2 (which had it's faults for sure, but still had the best swinging mechanics of any of the games by far.) and it doesn't look like that's going to be changing any time soon with Shattered Dimensions. If that game doesn't end up being terrible I will be very, very surprised.

In other news my inFamous got patched, why it didn't patch an English language option the first time I put the game on and it patched itself I do not know, and frankly I'm having too much fun electrocuting fools to really care.
I'm also back to playing Forza 3 since my subjects forgot who their king was and need a reminder in the form of having their hopes and dreams shattered by my NSX.

Wolfy

Well, Shattered Dimensions isn't trying to be Spiderman 2...they've already said that. It's levels are going to be more linear and straight forward. o3o

Sabby

Brandon, USM's web swinging is a bit watered down and not as precise as Spiderman 2. SM3 and WoS both had a lot more control and precision, you could swing faster, there was a lot more animations (swinging up at an angle so hard you CORKSCREW a few time) there were some added moves like not just the wall jumping, but wall perching, and SM3 had a real neat Bullet Time that was a freakin' life saver in swinging.

Blossom, IGN called it best Spidey/Comic game ever, and the comments under the review mostly agreed.

Gimme Spiderman 3 any day!

Brandon

Fair enough, if you like it more then play that for your swinging. Im happy with USM

Although you should know by now that I dont take anything IGN says as even near opinion. I consider all "big time" critics corrupt but IMO IGN goes way beyond that