Pacifist('s) Run [Looking for PF or D&D 3.5 player]

Started by indarkestknight, July 21, 2018, 06:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indarkestknight

Pacifist's Run

Legends say the dungeon called Pacifist's Run holds a fantastic treasure, for those willing to brave its depths. Perhaps those who clear it get mythic power, a mythic wish granted, a fantastic treasure or a long-sought after artifact. The possibilities are endless! But nothing that precious can ever be that easy, and those who attempt to lay claim to the prize at the heart of Pacifist's Run must resort to methods other than violence...

The basic idea for this is that I'd like to run a solo adventure (Pathfinder or 3.5)  for a pacifist character (or, at least, a character forced to employ only pacifist methods – those interested in playing an evil character, see Wrinkles below!). Diplomancy, Charm, Dominate, Bluff, Intimidate, Stealth, Bargain, Seduce, Outrun...  all options are available to characters, though he or she would likely focus on some more than others.

If a player has a specific adventure they'd like to attempt a pacifist run for instead of the dungeon Pacifist's Run, they are welcome to do make the request.

What Constitutes "Pacifism"?

There are different degrees of pacifism/nonviolence.

Hard Mode: No killing any living creature. Undead and constructs are fair game.
Nightmare Mode:
• You may not deal real damage or ability damage to living creatures through spells or weapons, though you may deal nonlethal damage. You may not target them with death effects, disintegrate, pain effects, or other spells that have the immediate potential to cause death, suffering, or great harm.
OR
• No killing or destroying any sentient creature, including constructs and undead
Hell Mode: You may not deal real damage or ability damage to ANY creatures through spells or weapons, though you may deal nonlethal damage. You may not target them with death effects, disintegrate, pain effects, or other spells that have the immediate potential to cause death, suffering, or great harm.

What level?
Negotiable. I will scale the difficulty of the dungeon based on the character.

What sources?
Paizo if Pathfinder, WotC if 3.5 can generally be assumed to be permitted.

If you want to use something published for 3.5 in Pathfinder or vice versa, the material will be accepted or rejected on a case by case basis. Both balance and appropriateness for the scenario will be factors in the decision process.

3rd party publisher materials will be accepted or rejected on a case by case basis. Both balance and appropriateness for the scenario will be factors in the decision process.

Starting Ability Score Generation?
Whatever you feel is appropriate for the character concept, though something like 18s across the board will be subject to some scrutiny as to whether it's really necessary for the character concept in question.

What degree of smut?
Depends on the character and their methods. I will say I am more interested in female characters or femboy/trap characters when it comes to playing out seduction/smut scenes. While I won't reject traditionally masculine characters, any successful seductions/smut scenes will be fade to black.

Anything Else?
I will be using the Influence subsytem from Ultimate Intrigue to cover social encounters where a player character tries to talk (diplomacy, bluff, intimidate, seduce, etc) their way past an obstacle.

Wrinkles
Evil Option
Evil Option
Your character has committed terrible atrocities, a heinous villain of the highest degree. Well, your character earned a curse from the divine, and only by completing the dungeon known as Pacifist's Run will the curse be lifted.

Optionally, the curse may include changing to the cursed villain's body into that of a bombshell beauty of a female or femboy/trap and/or modifying the abilities of the cursed villain (read: the statblock of the cursed villain may be different from what their statblock looked like at the pinnacle of their power. Maybe they were a hypermasculine barbarian 20 or a lich necromancer 20, but now they're a level 1 rogue or a level 5 sorceress).

MMO/Isekai
MMO/Isekai
New content! A dungeon called Pacifist's Run has been added with the latest update, and there's more than just an achievement for the one who clears it first. It's said the loot here is can't be found anywhere else in the game, and for those who have maybe found themselves trapped in a virtual reality, there are rumors clearing Pacifist's Run is the way home...

Questions? Comments? Interest?

ZameRagues

Definitely interested. First idea that comes to mind is an Illusionist or a sneaky rogue/monk.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

indarkestknight

Sounds like a good fit! I probably wouldn't be opposed to gestalt, either, if you wanted to combine the concepts.

Chanticleer

This sounds absolutely amazing, but it also sounds like you've already got someone. :) Hope it goes well! My first thought was a bard variant of some sort.
My current O/os (need work)