Monster Hunter RP?

Started by Aftiel, November 21, 2009, 06:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aftiel

I had an idea today that I think might be kinda fun, an RP based off of the Monster Hunter games, if you don't know what they are its pretty simple. A tribal society with their greatest warriors called hunters who use weapons and armor crafted from the parts of monsters, minerals, and plants found in the world during their hunts. Monsters are hunted and cultivated for sustenance, but the primary cause for a hunt is to protect villages and trade routs from aggressive predatory monsters.

I'm not sure how much interest there is for a game where groups of people go out and struggle to hunt the most dangerous beasts in the world, likely with secret orgies out in the field between or even during hunts.

If any one has interest please post here about it, I'm really hoping to see it go somewhere.
I was such an edgelord a decade ago LOL.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

I am interested and have played. This sounds good, with adventure and passion filled on many teirs.

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Wolfy

Aftiel

Well! i didnt expect to have two guys interested already ^_^ either of you want to just jump to it and start a game while others file in if their interested? I figure it would be kinda like the game where people just go off on hunts, so characters (and players) come and go, no real big metaplot, unless you guys want me to try and come up with something.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Either way is fine. It looks interesting, and hunting is fun gamewise.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Aftiel

Should i make a seperate thread for in sheets from in game threads? (hell each individual hunt could potentially get its own thread) or should sheets be held in here?

Aftiel

Either way, use a character sheet like this, feel free to make up place names, though cannon towns are fine:

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Sex:[/b]

[b]Job:[/b] (Blademaster or Gunner)

[b]Home Town:[/b]

[b]Description:[/b]

[b]Hunter Rank:[/b] (Goes from 1-9 1 is a newbie, 9 is an elder dragon slaying death machine)

[b]Brief History[/b]

[b]Armor:[/b] (Cannon sets are fine, otherwise feel free to make you're own up)

[b]Weapon:[/b] (Cannon weapons are fine, otherwise feel free to make you're own up)

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Sex: male

Job: Blademaster

Home Town: Caoreis

Description: A small tribal town whom recently lost good hunters by a pair of Wyverns hunting the area.

Name: Alexander Evros

Body type:toned

Color:tan

Hair: Blue

Eye: Blue

Hieght:6'2

Hunter Rank: 2

Brief History He was the son of the

Armor: Chest- Made breatplate from a pacyoderms skull Cap
                    Arms- Bracers from shins of Dinosaur, added tail spike blades of stegodon
                    Torso- Furr pants
                     Legs-Shinguards
                     Feet- Boots of leather

Weapon: The jaw bone of a wyvern, his fathers weapon, given before he died. His father was a guardian, and two wyverns suprised the group.

Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Aftiel

Name: Alesis Dena

Sex: Female

Home Town: Flei

Description: Alesis is a short woman with auburn hair and a slightly long but lovely face, pale skin with a hint of blush around her cheeks, she wears staggeringly rare armor denoting her prowess as a hunter.

Hunter Rank: 7

Brief History Alesis is the third hunter to carry her prestigious name, coming from a long pedigree of potent hunters she began hunting at the tender age of 11, taking her first solo mission at 15, and her first wyvern at 16. Little else is known about the youngest Dena as she keeps to her self most of the time.

Armor: Full Kirin (unicorn dragon) armor, white fur with light crystals and a broken Kirin horn upon her brow.

Weapon: She wields a Crystal and Glass long sword made from Kirin materials, allowing it to channel electricity through its crystalline blade.

Aftiel

NEW: Rooms

Guild Hall
Forest and Hills

As we grow and go to new locations, feel free to make a new thread (named Monster Hunter: [area]) and PM me with the link so I can add it here, for easy refrence for new and old players!

Wolfy

Name: Raiga

Sex: Male

Home Town: Jumbo Village

Description:

Hunter Rank: Nine

Brief History Born in Jumbo Village, Raiga became a hunter at a young age, and slowly climbed the hunter Ranks until he reached Rank 9, the highest rank. Now instead of hunting for work, he does it mostly for fun, finding pleasure in exploring and cleaving things in two.

Armor: Full set of armor made out of black dragon bone, including Helm made from Dragon Skull.

Weapon: Tessaiga D. Also possess True Cutter Sword.

Genbu83

Any interest in starting this back up?