News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Crossroads

Started by Caeli, March 18, 2010, 06:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caeli

In life, there will always be crossroads.

Places where you see a fork in the road, and you have to decide: Do I go down the conventional path, or do I go where my heart tells me to go?

In life, there will always be what ifs and, sometimes, regrets. You can say that you have no regrets, but if you’ve ever wished that you’d chosen differently, you’d be doing your heart a disservice.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with regretting a past choice. It shows strength to look back and see when maybe you didn’t make the best choice for yourself. It shows strength to recognize that maybe you had been wrong; that maybe now, you are wiser from what you have overcome, and had you the same experience then as you did now, you would have chosen differently.

Hindsight is often 20/20 - you'll see all the things you missed, both small and little. You might not be able to help wanting to change it, but that's okay; regrets, in and of themselves, aren't such a bad thing. It's when you can't move past them, when they overshadow your present and your potential future, that they become more of a burden than a learning experience.

The important thing is not to not regret what you didn't do, or what you should have done. Regrets give you opportunities to learn from your mistakes and your choices; they give you opportunities to cherish what those moments have given you, and understand that life isn't about doing everything perfectly.

It's about getting up after you fall down.

So when you reach that crossroads, don't pick the easiest way, just because you'll get less bruises from the journey.

When you reach a crossroads, follow the path your heart points you down.

That way, you can finish your journey with your head held high.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Talia

Very brilliantly said Caeli !!

I can see this is the exact thread I am going to need to keep reading over and over during my own new journey :))
He looks at me and my heart starts skipping beats, my face starts to glow and my eyes start to twinkle.
Imagine what he would do to me if he smiled!

Smile... it's the second best thing to do with your lips.

On's & Off's
The Oath of Drake for Group RP's
A&A