Interest Check: Old Battlestar, New Battlestar, Firefly like smash up

Started by BlackStone, September 10, 2014, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

This is an idea I wanted to run that would pull elements of the Old Battlestar Galatica, the re-imaged Battlestar canon, and have a Firefly like feel where the players are a crew working on the fringe making ends meet.

The main setting would be a series of close star systems that have been roughly terraformed to support humanoid life.   There are other races besides human, but they would be humanoid (undecided what they would look like but would work with players to create it).

The man factions are the Terran Confederation that operate out in the fringes of the system and is a loose alliance of these outlying colonies and the humanoid races, and the Eastern Alliance, a xenophobic fascist type government.

At some point for plot hooks the crew will come across a community that is the descendants of the survivors of the Battlestar Helios, a Battlestar that crashed on the outer fringe of the system after a blind jump during the original Cylon war.   Other plot hooks is the crew runs into survivors of the 13 colonies, another fleet that is not lead by the Galatica, and of course there is the final plot hook of this corner of the galaxy found by the Cylons.

So wanted to know if there is any interest in a concept such as this?

Interdiction of words

Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A