Sexy Sleuths, Dastardly Villains & Perilous Peril - Interest Check & discussion

Started by TeamVelma, October 04, 2015, 07:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeamVelma

Are you a villain capable who aspires deeds that dastardly and plots of potential?
Are you a professional damsel distresser?
Are you an heiress or adventurer looking for a superior class of distress?
Are you a lady detective who will risk capture and imperilment to fight the forces of evil?

If so then we have the RP for you!

The essence is that this is an RP for those of us who grew up on Scooby Doo, Jose and the Pussycats, Penelope Pitstop etc.  OCs are more than welcome, the only request is that they fit in with the cartoon theme of plots and peril.  This will be Human:NC and a Free-Form/Sandbox style RP with some GM events to nudge a background plot along.

The location in a made-up South American holiday resort called the Monrose Spur which is awash with suitable places for villains, sleuths and secret liaisons.  The Monrose spur is a secluded South American holiday location for those who want to get away from it all.  Monrose spur is essentially an island is cut off from the mainland except at low tide.  The island contains a rich jungle, interesting temple ruins, extensive cave systems, stunning beaches and many other places of interest.

There are several luxury hotels on the island all of which boast 5-star facilities.  This year there are two international events being held on the island which will be the focus for the RP.
FemSleuth the premier convention and exhibition for female sleuths, detectives and adventurers
Deeds and Plots – known as D&P, Deeds and Plots is the leading conference for villains and aspiring villains

Just to set the tone here are some of the conference highlights

Conference Highlights from FemSleuth
How to say ‘help, I’m being kidnapped’ and other useful phrases in English, French, Mandarin, Arabic and Spanish
Crime-fighting couture.  Delivering the beat-down with style.
Practical Escapology
Morse code for the bound and gagged
How to use cultural invisibility to gain a tactical advantage
Using real science to out-smart mad scientists
Rapid clue collection, what to look out for when held captive in their lair.
How to out monologue the monologue

Conference Highlights from D&P
Basic Gags: Best way to answer a 'You'll never get away with this'
Monologues for Dummies
Advanced Ropework
Advanced Gags
Cross and Double Cross
Hideout selection
Stashing victims
Humiliating poses for kidnapped sleuths
Common failings in plots and traps – a guide to sleuth proofing your perils.

Play information
The main thread will be in NC:Human.  This doesn't mean things have to be NC, it just gives the most headroom.  As long as what goes on has been agreed by all players beforehand then we're good. 

Recruitment Thread now open! https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=237583.0

Island Information
Like all good islands where villains hang out this place is part of an extinct volcano.  The core of the island is a large granite intrusion running up through the sedimentary rock which makes up the lower parts of the island.  There are a number of hollow lava tunes which spread out from the core, some have partially collapsed while others are largely intact.  There are a number of now abandoned mines dotted about the place.  None of these are large and resemble the small mines you would see in the western movies (wooden props with hand carts running on rails).  The last underground feature are some caves formed by water running off the highlands and through the limestone.  Caves and mines are prone to various levels of flooding during heavy rains.  While the lower parts of the island are grassland/shrub the higher parts are mostly forest.

The island has evidence of human habitation going back over a millennium, there are a few archaeological sites of interest including two ritual sites; one located next to a cave the other being a ruined temple.  Due to its isolated nature there are rumours of buried pirate treasure and fantastic artefacts hidden away abound though nothing has been found.

There is one main town and port which is located on the western part of the island.  The cheaper hotels are around here with the more luxurious ones being located on the eastern side.  The hotels for this RP are on the eastern side.  There is one main road which runs around the outside of the island, there are a few small road and tracks which head inland.  The local populate work mostly at the hotels or in fishing.  The main town has the usual facilities including a small museum.  It is rumoured that various ancient treasure maps are stored in the museum archives.

Hotels

FemSleuth's hotel

Deeds and Plots' hotel

Game Thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=237716.0
OOC discussion thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=237753.0
Scooby: I’m afraid you’ve gone mad with power.
Velma: Of course I have! Have you ever tried going mad without power? It’s boring, no one listens to you.

From herecomesthosemedellingkids on tumblr

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

Yukina

Possible interest.

Two questions:
1. How much possibilities would there be for F/F/
2. Would a meek, nerdy OC with no combat experience fit your requirements for peril?

TeamVelma

Quote from: Yugishogun on October 04, 2015, 09:07:18 AM
Possible interest.

Two questions:
2. Would a meek, nerdy OC with no combat experience fit your requirements for peril?
Velma: Of course I have! Have you ever tried going mad without power? It’s boring, no one listens to you.

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

TeamVelma

Quote from: Yugishogun on October 04, 2015, 09:07:18 AM
Possible interest.

Two questions:

If you can find another F then go for it!  Is there a particular character you had in mind for the other F?  I think your character will fit in fine.

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

Yukina

Quote from: TeamVelma on October 04, 2015, 09:26:52 AM
If you can find another F then go for it!  Is there a particular character you had in mind for the other F?  I think your character will fit in fine.

Wonderful. Velma, Baroness, or DNAmy seem like nice Fs for my meek character. :)

MadPanda

I'm in.  And very tempted to port in one of my fave villains, although she's from Kim Possible, to give one of the talks over in D&P...
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

RedPandaFace

Strikes my fancy, are we required to be an already established character or we can use our own?

TeamVelma

Quote from: RedPandaFace on October 04, 2015, 10:01:07 PM
Strikes my fancy, are we required to be an already established character or we can use our own?

You can do either.  If you want to play an established character then just claim.them otherwise feel free to bring your own.

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

Laughing Hyena

RoleplayingMale

I'll bring my original villain, a fellow who specializes in quality bindings and gags for sleuths.

VonDoom

Hmm. I'll have to consider if I have the time to properly commit, but...

No villainous convention is complete without the Mighty Monarch! There is much knowledge, ancient and terrible, to be shared within the brilliant but devious hivemind of the butterflies!
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

TeamVelma

We need some more attendees for FemSleuth. I can do Daphne Blake as well to bump up the numbers if that will help.

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: TeamVelma on October 06, 2015, 09:20:25 AM
We need some more attendees for FemSleuth. I can do Daphne Blake as well to bump up the numbers if that will help.

I see no problems with that.

MadPanda

That'd be okay.   :-)

We still need to get Josie and the Pussycats into this, too.  Battle of the Bands and all that.

In Memory of Bishrook

Laughing Hyena

Also there is also a grown up Penny Gadget if you need to stray from Hanna Barbara. By that contrast theres also Dr Claw.

MadPanda

;D  Actually, that'd be pretty awesome!  And I can see Brain and Scooby Doo sucking down double scotch-and-sodas in the Animal Sidekick Wet Bar trading stories about all the crap they've gone through for their humans...

In Memory of Bishrook

RoleplayingMale

Quote from: MadPanda on October 06, 2015, 12:30:49 PM
;D  Actually, that'd be pretty awesome!  And I can see Brain and Scooby Doo sucking down double scotch-and-sodas in the Animal Sidekick Wet Bar trading stories about all the crap they've gone through for their humans...

I'd also be willing to play a grown up Brain as well if someone's playing an adult penny.

TeamVelma

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 06, 2015, 12:29:22 PM
Also there is also a grown up Penny Gadget if you need to stray from Hanna Barbara. By that contrast theres also Dr Claw.

There's no need to stick to just HB, though I think they were are of the premier suppliers of damsels to the evil villain market

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

Yukina

TeamVelma

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

TeamVelma

So, do you want me to put the game thread up in NC:Humans now or later?

Belated A&A here
O/Os here

Laughing Hyena

MadPanda

Whether or not the person Shego is standing next to in line for the next shuttle bus is Daphne, I leave unto Daphne's player.  :D

In Memory of Bishrook

RoleplayingMale

Mick will be more than willing to assist in binding and gagging Daphne and any other damsels.