[Harem+S&S/S&P, System] Looking for female knights(ses) to join a harem

Started by Thufir Hawat, July 22, 2014, 05:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thufir Hawat

Character Generation thread!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=209716.0

So, I've decided to run this game (and believe it or not, it started as a demo for a particular player, who asked nicely). And here we are, a harem story with kick-ass female protagonists and an (almost as powerful, but much less active) male protagonist. But more importantly, it's meant to be a world where a harem story with kick-ass women makes sense.
(If you think it doesn't fullfill those requrements, go ahead and tell me!)

And of course, we're looking for players that are willing to take on the role of the protagonists. Read to the end in order to determine whether you're interested in playing in this world. No, wait, let me put a picture!

So, this story is set on a world almost totally unlike the one you know. Dinosaurs, marsupials and tamed giant insect-like beings are the tamed forms of life.
Giant birds are crossing the sky, with or without riders.
Cities exist wherever there are natural defences, including in the stomach of giant whale-like beings. Except they're closer to sharks.
Not all cities would be inside a shark*, of course. Some are pretty firmly embedded on a cliff and trade with giant riding birds. Others are in the crown of giant trees, in the middle of a river, or flying on the backs of a colony of lighter-than-air bladder birds (which are symbiotes of the city), or hanging from the webs of giant spiders.
And of course, there are inter-city low-level wars, which go on almost constantly. For slaves. For trading routes. For sacrifices to dark gods. For the hell of it. For personal ambitions. For proving your superiority. For alleviating the boredom.

As it should be clear by now, there are humans, and a few other mammals, most of them not sentient. Probably. Although there are these suspicions...

One thing is for sure, there's extreme inequality in the gender ratios among sentient beings...some argue it's something in the water.
But the first important net effect is that, as society had adapted, women are doing a lot of jobs usually done by men.
That includes war, and in fact, especially war. After all, if you let your men be killed, you're going to have to rely on a smaller genepool, and inbreeding is a bitch, long-term! The Immaculate Lineage Office is taking care to avoid this, though.
But then, all women warriors get a sword or other weapon that is, for all intents and purposes, magical. So fatalities aren't as common as they would be otherwise (especially coupled with above-average medecine for such settings - did we mentione they know about genetic disorders? Well, they know about germs, too...though not everyone believes that which cannot be seen).
The players are among those that have taken the weapons. Just keep in good relationship with your weapon...yes, it has needs and desires, too! But bearing arms opens you the way to get into a harem-a high honour!

The players might start in the harem of a Priest-Khan, as women "knightesses" (in fact, they're bound by servitude to him, but that's the name of the job and fits its description). Or they might prefer to start as a free-roaming mercenary that might or might get chosen by said Priest-Khan. Works for me, as long as they stay around at least for a time.

As stated before, it's a great honour in said society to be accepted in the harem of an influential man (defined as someone with 5+ "knightesses", so the logic is as circular as the logic of influential people being rich and rich people being influential). They command a lot of temporal power in the name of their husbands - which, by virtue of being influential, command religious power.
In practical terms, it is up to whoever is playing to decide where their character could start. Maybe a few are already recruited for his harem. And some would definitely volunteer or are even drafted** into it. Works for me, as long as it's clear they're in the same harem. (Because I really don't want to run two of those at once!)
Again, just keep on the good side of your weapon, and power and good life could be yours, along with lots of sex.

EDIT: For those that know the game: The setting is based on the knightesses not having access to magical instruction, so their  Lore  starts at 1 or 2 max. You can talk me into getting more than that, but I'd rather have the majority of the group being "mundanes", as much as any S&S character could be mundane. (Mundane, like Conan and the Red Sonja, isn't too mundane).

Still, the law is "no man without an woman". So men with less influence might have only one or up to three women. The wives of less influential men usually haven't taken the Sword (which might be almost any kind of weapon). Still, the excess women go into harems, or roam until they pick a harem to join (It sucks to be gay in this world, yes. Well, at least in the specific city I'm preparing. But then, no PCs could be gay, as they would all be women. Being lesbian could be arranged far more easily - especially for PCs. After all, men with more than one woman might not mind one of them being off-limits, if she contributes in other ways to their well-being. Or she could be roaming forever - there's at least a couple such women who had become heroes.)
Being bi or at least curious would be far more of an advantage, though, at least for women.

There just might be magic, too...or something like it, but let's not get into it at the start.

*Where of those places you'd start is flexible, though the spiders are vetoed as I haven't really developed them.

**Drafting is, however, unlikely, except to protect a lineage - yes, people there know about inbreeding and stuff. Also, cheating is a capital crime, unless announced in the Immaculate Lineage Office so the right parentage can be established - then it's just civic offence...possibly against an influential party, but still civic offence.

Now, this is going to be a system game. But since the player who asked me for the demo has no experience with systems, I would be teaching newbies here. You can join without knowing anything about the dice rolls. I'll explain them as they come.
(And every single rule in the system can be summarised in about 10 pages of text. I know, I found someone's quick reference).

For those that are already into systems, I'm using "Sorcerer and Sword" (by Ron Edwards). It already runs the way I'd run even an old-school game, so why wouldn't I allow you to peek under the hood?

What does the system matter, some would ask? Well, it drives home some themes that I'm hoping to explore in this game.

First, What Are You Ready To Pay For Power, Or Just For Getting What/Who You Want?

Second, What Is Keeping Us Human?
Think on your answers. The game, by the rules, starts with the characters' lives being irrevocably changed (and you're going to tell me how). The game is about what happens after that.
And I Mean The Irrevocably Part

Here's what the author of Sorcerer has to say about people who don't get what "irrevocably" means.

"I find it instructive that about … I’d say, a third of the people who play Sorcerer characters spend all their energy frantically trying to restore the character’s pre-Kicker situation. I can say and say until I’m blue in the face, “The Kicker changes your character’s life forever,” and they go ahead and write Kickers that do exactly that – so all seems well – and then they play their characters absolutely determined to negate, deny, stifle, and run away from the Kickers.

Since the Kickers are not going away, the characters find themselves entirely trapped. Strangely, they adopt a posture of powerlessness and shift into the tactics of deception and passive-aggression. They deflect their human connections rather than choosing to strengthen and defend them. They lie and cheat to the various characters they know, or even harm them through commission or more typically omission. They indulge or release their demons to frightening degrees, perhaps hoping that somehow this will “take care of things.”

Such players may take their characters over the moral event horizon so thoroughly that their characters effectively become the villains of the piece. They wonder why this game “made” them do this, or why I as the GM did not help them in some way, perhaps provide the way out that they expected me to have in my pocket. Whereas the other players and I are experiencing what any audience experiences when characters in a story go this far (particularly in the service of inaction and denial) – a sense that this character will rightly deserve whatever misery and damnation are about to ensue.

It’s not always a terrible or negative game experience, although for some it certainly has been. In some cases the player returns to play in a new game loaded for bear this time – that’s Jesse, for instance. In others, they write off the game as somehow impossible, “the way to win is not to play” trap; or they say that the game offers you no story in a tin that you can rely on to occur and hence is “not a Story Game.”

I could understand these reactions better if the GM had written the Kickers and therefore the player could fairly say they’d been written into a box. But they’d written these Kickers themselves, and not only that, they knew the GM’s explicit job was to adopt them as mandates (not mere “flags”) and to apply that exact pressure you described. Furthermore it is one of the few RPGs in which you genuinely, fully, and freely *play this character* with no constraints on actions, and in fact, a consequence mechanic which is attenuated and random. Given these two points, I’ve concluded that the game acts as a litmus test for not only Story Now (Narrativist - note TH) preferences, but for Story Now passion.

There’s a central image in Russell Hoban’s novel The Lion of Boaz-Jachin and Jachin-Boaz (a book which I think you’d like very much, Joel): the king’s archer’s have filled the lion full of arrows, his chariot has overridden him, and now the dying animal bites at the wheel even as it turns upon him. When I’m playing the game, I can always see the moment in which I know whether a given player is biting with everything he or she has. The character played by that player has a chance. The character played by the player who cannot or will not bite in this fashion … well, that character does not.

This is precisely one of the components which lead me to describe the game as tequila."
Ron Edwards, comments to an Actual Play report

This is a gritty setting, inspired by old swords and sorcery fantasy stories like Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser, Elric of Melnibone, Book of the New Sun and Edgar Rice Burroughs' Mars books, and yes-Gor (well, not the "X are natural slaves" part, which I explain as the main character having PTSD).
The players are expected to be contributors. I can't state it enough... the PCs are protagonists. To me, that means that it's not the GM's story, it's everyone's story.
(To quote Sorcerer, "if you think you can play the main character while someone else is determining what happens...you're wrong". Not a litteral quote, but close enoough.) Make characters that want to make stuff happen. ("Being ravished" is fine as a goal, if you can make it drive the action forward!)
Well, you need just a concept for now - we're starting the group character generation in a couple days, probably Friday-Saturday, but give this some thought.

One last warning, this time for experienced system players.
Strike D&D and MMO archetypes from your mind. It is a game about what your character is willing to do for power and survival. Being clichéd will get you killed, most likely (I don't control it - maybe the dice, which we roll in the open, will save you...but I'm yet to see that happening).
And yes, the only kind of available magic in the setting is demon summoning. I can make exceptions from other stuff, but this rule is absolute >:)!

This isn't a first come-first serve game. The GM, that's me, reserves the right to pick among those that express interest.This also means you should post interest, no matter how many people have already done so! You might be the only lucky one, who knows?
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Kunoichi

Hmm.  I'm tentatively interested in this game, since the setting sounds like it could be rather interesting.  I would definitely like to learn more about the system, though.

Thufir Hawat

Apologies to everyone who hates RPG slang, but if I did explain all the terms, the post would easily be 5 times as long... ;D

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 22, 2014, 11:22:35 PM
Hmm.  I'm tentatively interested in this game, since the setting sounds like it could be rather interesting.  I would definitely like to learn more about the system, though.
You know what story-games are? Sorcerer is the father of ALL story-games, since his author pretty much started the whole movement, AFAIK. Yet it's not so far from normal RPGs that a simulationist like me wouldn't like it. In fact, I rate it as one of the best games ever, so he must be doing something right!

Narratively-wise, you play people that tangle with forces they don't fully understand, or that know the risks they're taking and still taking them. They all think it's the quick way to power, and might be right. The question is, for how long and at what price - especially to your ass humanity :P?
Of course, you wouldn't be playing one of those that know what they're doing. Your fate is to maybe only suspect you're doing something, while being distracter by your own S&S and harem hijinks >:).
The game will be, if you want, a hexcrawl, but using a relationships map, and yes, you can't have pre-determined plot in Sorcerer.

IMO, that's the essence. Otherwise, it is "a d10 take highest dicepool with minimum mechanics, low number of extremely broad skills/attributes and great genre support", but that can only take us that far.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Kunoichi

Yeah, I did some research of my own while waiting for a response tonight, and I've managed to come up with a basic concept (and part of a sheet) for a character, a half-human mage type whose special powers come from her demonic 'other half'.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Character Name: Elle Aziza
Player Name: Kunoichi

Stamina: 1 [Frail and Sickly]
Will: 3 [Aristocrat]
Lore: 6 [Half-breed, Solitary Adept]
Cover: 3 [Court Alchemist]
Price: Demonic Feature [Some sort of appropriate Need]
Humanity: 3

Telltale: Rubbery, prehensile black tail and tiny horns.  Elle tends to wear voluminous, concealing clothing to cover up these features.

DEMON
Name: Aziza Elle
Type: Parasite
Telltale: Waifish, bookish, mousey Elle becomes significantly more attractive in appearance whenever she calls upon the otherworldly powers of her other half.

Stamina: 3
Will: 7
Lore: 6
Power: 7

Desire: Corruption (of others)
Need:

Abilities: Boost (Will), Cloak, Fast, Spawn, Special Damage (Lethal Energy Drain), Warp

The Kicker: Currently undecided.

I dare say that she'll fit the mold for harem hijinks, at the very least. :P

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 23, 2014, 04:45:40 AM
Yeah, I did some research of my own while waiting for a response tonight, and I've managed to come up with a basic concept (and part of a sheet) for a character, a half-human mage type whose special powers come from her demonic 'other half'.

Lore: 6 [Half-breed, Solitary Adept]
Price: Demonic Feature [Some sort of appropriate Need]

Telltale: Rubbery, prehensile black tail and tiny horns.  Elle tends to wear voluminous, concealing clothing to cover up these features.

DEMON
Telltale: Waifish, bookish, mousey Elle becomes significantly more attractive in appearance whenever she calls upon the otherworldly powers of her other half.

Stamina: 3

Desire: Corruption (of others)
Need:

Abilities: Boost (Will), Cloak, Fast, Spawn, Special Damage (Lethal Energy Drain), Warp

The Kicker: Currently undecided.

I dare say that she'll fit the mold for harem hijinks, at the very least. :P

Well, you did a great job while I was sleeping ;D!
And yes, she'll fit the mould for harem, but the Solitary Adept isn't really what women in the harem are expected or helped to become. I'll send you a PM about the setting reasons.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Sussurus

I'm certainly intrigued.

My first thought for a character would be a young woman who has recently lost her parents (whether by accident or assassination) and inherited her mother's weapon (assuming it works that way). She thus finds herself the sole provider for her several younger sisters, and decides that she'd better marry well.

To further complicate matters, I'm thinking she's more-or-less a lesbian, and more-or-less in denial about it. She's willing to have sex with her husband -- indeed, she'd probably throw herself at him -- but she'd likely end up falling for one of her fellow knightesses.

Let me know if that seems plausible and/or interesting to you. ^_^

KnightNelson20

I may be interested. I'm going to look more into the system tonight and ill get back to you.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on July 23, 2014, 04:52:43 AM
Well, you did a great job while I was sleeping ;D!
And yes, she'll fit the mould for harem, but the Solitary Adept isn't really what women in the harem are expected or helped to become. I'll send you a PM about the setting reasons.

Ah, I wound up reading and replying to your PM before I saw this post. ^^; Alright, I'll swap the second descriptor on Elle's Lore stat to 'Illegal Adept'.

Also, that info you gave me helped me quite a bit, as far as coming up with a backstory and a kicker goes. ^^ Now all I need to do is come up with a couple of suitable Needs...

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Sussurus on July 23, 2014, 08:11:51 AM
I'm certainly intrigued.

My first thought for a character would be a young woman who has recently lost her parents (whether by accident or assassination) and inherited her mother's weapon (assuming it works that way). She thus finds herself the sole provider for her several younger sisters, and decides that she'd better marry well.

To further complicate matters, I'm thinking she's more-or-less a lesbian, and more-or-less in denial about it. She's willing to have sex with her husband -- indeed, she'd probably throw herself at him -- but she'd likely end up falling for one of her fellow knightesses.

Let me know if that seems plausible and/or interesting to you. ^_^
Yes, she absolutelty fits the idea. Now, being a knightess isn't heriditary, meaning that you don't need to have such parents (and the blades are state-issued by any Khan or higher, although it might not fit the exact weapon you're looking for-your call).
However, it's completely normal for one of the daughters to pick up the blade of the mother. So yeah, she'd fit in as a concept.

I'll open a Character creation thread in a day or two and walk you all through the character generation process.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 23, 2014, 12:55:43 PM
Ah, I wound up reading and replying to your PM before I saw this post. ^^; Alright, I'll swap the second descriptor on Elle's Lore stat to 'Illegal Adept'.

Also, that info you gave me helped me quite a bit, as far as coming up with a backstory and a kicker goes. ^^ Now all I need to do is come up with a couple of suitable Needs...
Glad it helped. I'm going to add it to the OP, then.

Quote from: KnightNelson20 on July 23, 2014, 11:26:13 AM
I may be interested. I'm going to look more into the system tonight and ill get back to you.
I'll be here.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Sussurus

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on July 23, 2014, 01:07:45 PM
Yes, she absolutelty fits the idea. Now, being a knightess isn't heriditary, meaning that you don't need to have such parents (and the blades are state-issued by any Khan or higher, although it might not fit the exact weapon you're looking for-your call).
However, it's completely normal for one of the daughters to pick up the blade of the mother. So yeah, she'd fit in as a concept.

I'll open a Character creation thread in a day or two and walk you all through the character generation process.

Awesome. For a character image, what would you think of this?
Spoilered for size, SFW

Thufir Hawat

If you like it yourself, the picture is approved! Who am I to tell you she shouldn't look like that, as long as it doesn't go against the established facts on the setting?

I wonder what kind of abilities this blades confers, and at what price, but then it's a question I'm asking myself for every character >:)!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Sussurus

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on July 23, 2014, 05:47:49 PM
If you like it yourself, the picture is approved! Who am I to tell you she shouldn't look like that, as long as it doesn't go against the established facts on the setting?

I like it, but I'm not absolutely in love with it.

Other possibilities...

Possibly I just want to keep looking at women with swords... :D

And here's one that doesn't suit my character at all, but seems perfect for the setting:

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on July 23, 2014, 05:47:49 PM
I wonder what kind of abilities this blades confers, and at what price, but then it's a question I'm asking myself for every character >:) !

Well, I look forward to finding out the answer... unless that's something you want us to come up with?

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Sussurus on July 23, 2014, 06:14:28 PM
I like it, but I'm not absolutely in love with it.

Other possibilities...

Possibly I just want to keep looking at women with swords... :D

And here's one that doesn't suit my character at all, but seems perfect for the setting:

Personally, I like the first chick with black hair the most, but as long as it's not a katana-wielder, I'm fine :P!

QuoteWell, I look forward to finding out the answer... unless that's something you want us to come up with?
The GM decides the augments, by the rules. But at least for your first weapon, I'd let you specify one of the features of your sword, which can be in fact be any kind of close-combat weapon, and translate it into mechanics.
I'll add other features to them when we make a character generation thread. In said thread, I'm going to walk you through the chargen process since not everybody has the books. And while I think Sorcerer and its three supplements are among the finest games out there, you're not required to agree, and definitely not before trying it out ;D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Kunoichi

I kind of like this image for my character. ^^

As far as that first weapon goes, from what I'm reading in the rules, creating it is more of a collaboration between GM and player.  You can generally expect to get the power-set you want for your weapon, though I should note that more power means less of an ability to control the weapon.  Every one after that is entirely generated by the GM.

I wonder if that means I should expect any changes for my own powers, though...?

Edit: Okay, I think I've got most of the details worked out...  I'll be waiting to fill out Elle's backstory until I can learn a bit more about the city the game will be starting in, though. ^^;

SCORES
Lore: 6 [Half-breed, Illegal Adept]
Price: Demonic Feature [Need: Elle must ingest semen at regular intervals]

SORCERY
Elle's Telltale is the sign of her demonic heritage, a rubbery, prehensile black tail that is several feet in length and feels hot and slimy to the touch.  She tends to wear voluminous, concealing clothing to cover up this feature.

DEMON
Telltale: Waifish, bookish, mousey Elle becomes significantly more attractive in appearance whenever she calls upon the otherworldly powers of her other half

Stamina: 6

Desire: Mischief
Need: Gagging and binding of the host (the kinkier the bondage, the better)

Abilities: (All abilities except Boost are conferred to Host)
Boost (Will), Cloak, Fast, Spawn, Special Damage (Lethal Energy Drain), Warp

The Story: To be determined.

The Kicker: Elle's mother's transgressions against the laws of nature and man have finally caught up to her, and her family is suffering the consequences.  Arrested by agents of the local authorities, Elle has been forced to make a deal, offering herself up for marriage in order to secure the protection of a high-ranking Priest-Khan for her many sisters.  A rare and inhuman specimen like her would be quite the status symbol for any man's harem, but her status within that harem will depend greatly on what sort of impression she makes on the household she has just married into...

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 23, 2014, 09:16:18 PM
I kind of like this image for my character. ^^

As far as that first weapon goes, from what I'm reading in the rules, creating it is more of a collaboration between GM and player.  You can generally expect to get the power-set you want for your weapon, though I should note that more power means less of an ability to control the weapon.  Every one after that is entirely generated by the GM.
A page reference would be helpful, but either way, I'm planning it your first power-set to be collaborative.

QuoteI wonder if that means I should expect any changes for my own powers, though...?
Slight ones, I'm planning to add a power for you, and maybe change Needs and/or Desires (although, most likely, I wouldn't need to change those).

QuoteEdit: Okay, I think I've got most of the details worked out...  I'll be waiting to fill out Elle's backstory until I can learn a bit more about the city the game will be starting in, though. ^^;
Any details you want in particular? I'm still sick, so guide me about what you want to know. To me, a lot of things are just obvious consequences of the facts I've already mentioned. Experience shows that "obvious" varies between people, though.

SCORES
Lore: 6 [Half-breed, Illegal Adept]
Price: Demonic Feature [Need: Elle must ingest semen at regular intervals]

SORCERY
Elle's Telltale is the sign of her demonic heritage, a rubbery, prehensile black tail that is several feet in length and feels hot and slimy to the touch.  She tends to wear voluminous, concealing clothing to cover up this feature.

DEMON
Telltale: Waifish, bookish, mousey Elle becomes significantly more attractive in appearance whenever she calls upon the otherworldly powers of her other half

Stamina: 6

Desire: Mischief
Need: Gagging and binding of the host (the kinkier the bondage, the better)

Abilities: (All abilities except Boost are conferred to Host)
Boost (Will), Cloak, Fast, Spawn, Special Damage (Lethal Energy Drain), Warp

The Story: To be determined.

The Kicker: Elle's mother's transgressions against the laws of nature and man have finally caught up to her, and her family is suffering the consequences.  Arrested by agents of the local authorities, Elle has been forced to make a deal, offering herself up for marriage in order to secure the protection of a high-ranking Priest-Khan for her many sisters.  A rare and inhuman specimen like her would be quite the status symbol for any man's harem, but her status within that harem will depend greatly on what sort of impression she makes on the household she has just married into...
I like that Kicker. And as an exception, Elle gets to start with higher Lore.

Well, that was before character generation officially started, so it's some kind of record ;D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Clorinda

This sort of system sounds really interesting and I am almost certain I'd like to join (if you'll have me, hehe).  I'll try to look up more about the system and all of that jazz when I'm not on a train on the way to work with my phone about to run out of power and will (hopefully) have more to say then aside from the fact that this looks fascinating.

Sussurus

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on July 23, 2014, 08:19:24 PM
Personally, I like the first chick with black hair the most, but as long as it's not a katana-wielder, I'm fine :P !

Heh, fair enough. I'm liking that first image too, so let's go with that. ^_^

Looking forward to chargen!

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Clorinda on July 24, 2014, 07:30:01 AM
This sort of system sounds really interesting and I am almost certain I'd like to join (if you'll have me, hehe).  I'll try to look up more about the system and all of that jazz when I'm not on a train on the way to work with my phone about to run out of power and will (hopefully) have more to say then aside from the fact that this looks fascinating.
Yeah, I'll admit I keep wondering why this sort of systems aren't more popular on E., but that's a tangent.
Think about a concept, and we'll give it a try.

Quote from: Sussurus on July 24, 2014, 08:22:49 AM
Heh, fair enough. I'm liking that first image too, so let's go with that. ^_^

Looking forward to chargen!
I'm planning to open it as soon as I'm feeling better, and hoping it would be soon ;D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Kunoichi

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on July 24, 2014, 06:02:19 AM
A page reference would be helpful, but either way, I'm planning it your first power-set to be collaborative.

It's on page 33 of the core rulebook, in the middle of the paragraph under 'Starting Demons'.  The exact line is 'make up the Demon with the GM's help, using the rules in Chapter Three'.

Slight ones, I'm planning to add a power for you, and maybe change Needs and/or Desires (although, most likely, I wouldn't need to change those).

Works for me. ^^

Any details you want in particular? I'm still sick, so guide me about what you want to know. To me, a lot of things are just obvious consequences of the facts I've already mentioned. Experience shows that "obvious" varies between people, though.

Well, I know that the starting city is going to be some sort of fantastical place, but there aren't really more specific details listed. ^^; Should I just make up places and people and fantastical details on my own, or did you already have a relationship map worked out that my character's backstory could fit around, or...?

I like that Kicker. And as an exception, Elle gets to start with higher Lore.

Well, that was before character generation officially started, so it's some kind of record ;D!

Yes, I'm sure it probably is. ;D

KnightNelson20

Character Name: Rena Starfade
Player Name: KnightNelson20
Rena Starfade

SCORES
Stamina: 6 [battle-trained, folk hero]
Lore: 1 [novice]

Powers:

Bio:

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: KnightNelson20 on July 25, 2014, 02:35:20 AM
Character Name: Rena Starfade
Player Name: KnightNelson20
SCORES
Stamina: 6 [battle-trained, folk hero]
Lore: 1 [novice]

Powers:

Bio:
I'm not sure what Folk Hero(ine) is supposed to mean? Either way, let's discuss it in the character generation thread.
I'm starting it now, so it should be up in a minute.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 24, 2014, 02:12:17 PM
Well, I know that the starting city is going to be some sort of fantastical place, but there aren't really more specific details listed. ^^; Should I just make up places and people and fantastical details on my own, or did you already have a relationship map worked out that my character's backstory could fit around, or...?
Yes >:).
Yes, the setting is a fantastical place (it probably says something about your GM, i.e. me, that I've got explanations for the stuff that doesn't quite fit-hopefully that I'm a hard SF fan).
Yes, I'm going to use a relationship map - but I'm going to make it after we're over with character generation. The only NPC I've fleshed out is the Priest-Khan, and that's because his harem is the focal point where the characters meet.
Yes, you should make up places and people and fantastical details of your own. All I ask you is to keep the setting's tone. (Basically, if you're likely to see that in World of Warcraft/other "medieval fantasy" game, it's probably not a good fit. Think Ancient Civilisations, Barsoom, Conan, Elric, Middle Eastern civilisations, the original 1001 nights, Aztecs, and anything gonzo you can think of). To give you an idea: there are no cats. Domesticated dragonflies with hands perform their function of damage control. Their function as pets is taken by domesticated constrictor snakes.
In fact, humans, dogs, pigs and a kind of monkey are among the few non-marsupial mammals in this world.
Is that enough tone direction :P?
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Thufir Hawat

And character generation thread is up!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=209716.0
I think I'll just lock this thread. If anyone want to join later, PMing me is always an option.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!