MAID interest check! [Open to new players, but game has started]

Started by Blythe, November 14, 2013, 05:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

So I finally got into the rpg MAID. This is just a tentative interest check to see who might be interested!

A few things to note:
* The game is friendly to LGBTQA characters! (and pansexual, demisexual, sapiosexual, etc!. And yes, of course, heterosexual characters!)
* It will be at least a month before I start this game. This means this RP is going to begin sometime in December, probably around the middle or end of the month then
* This is a system game. You will need a copy of the MAID rulebook to play, most likely, or will at least need to be familiar with the rules (or very willing to learn!).
* I will be RPing as the Master of the household.
* The game will use the rules variant that allows a butler character! You will need to get my approval before playing as a butler.
* The setting will be modern and have sci-fi/fantasy elements.
* This will be very sandbox-y--but sometimes I will have the Master offer an optional task or mission, so stats will still be important!
* I'm pretty sure I'd like to set this in NC-Exotic, although I'm open to suggestions about where else to put it.  :-)
* While I love people randomly rolling their characters, I'm not making that a requirement. There will be a basic CS I'll put up, if there's enough interest over the next month, that all of you can work with!
* I will allow each player to have up to 2 characters.

This is just the basics; I'll elaborate on other information after about a month or so. If you have questions or suggestions, post them here!

If you're interested, post in this thread! I'll keep a running list in the second post, along with where setting information will go when I have it done.

EDIT: I'd welcome those interested to share their input as to what type of pace they'd like to see in the RP, how fast or slow you think it should optimally be!

Link to our OOC!

Link to a thread for Character Sheets!

~Blythe

Blythe

List of interested players:
Yugishogun
persephone325
Jr
Zaer Darkwail
Sessha
ShadowFox89
Mysterica
catherinehellfire
kylie
Faeli
Jemady Angel
frost rose
MCsc

Setting Info: The setting will be in Japan, as no one objected to it. The city will be in Sapporo, which is in the Hokkaido Prefecture. It is the capital of that prefecture, and located on the actual island called Hokkaido.

And don't worry, no one needs to be an expert on the setting; I'm just putting it down and some flavor about it to give the RP a better tone. Mostly events will revolve around the going-ons in the MAID Mansion.  :-)

Sapporo Setting Info
FAQ about Sapporo--this information is good flavor for the RP:
* It's home to the Sapporo Breweries Limited, and they make a world-famous beer.  ;D
* Sapporo hosted the 1972 Winter Olympics, the first ever held in Asia.
* Sapporo has a Yuki Matsuri, an annual Snow Festival, which is very popular with tourists. It's held for seven days in February; Odori Park, Susukino, and Tsudome are the main sites of the festival! An International Snow Sculpture Contest has been held at the Odori Park site since 1974.
* They have famous white chocolate biscuits called shiroi koibito. It's also the birthplace of miso ramen, and it's known as Sapporo Ramen more often than not. They also have a lamb barbecue dish called jingisukan. It's known for Haskup, a type of edible honeysuckle similar to blueberries. Sapporo is also known fresh seafood such as sea urchin, salmon, and crab!
* The Sapporo Concert Hall Kitara is the main musical venue in Sapporo, located in Nakajima Park in Chuo-ku. It is home to the Sapporo Symphony Orchestra!
* Sapporo is home to the Sapporo Clock Tower (Sapporo Tokeigai), a popular tourist attraction. It's a clocktower built with Western architecture, and it's a popular tourist spot.
* It's home to Hokkaido University, which is north of Sapporo Station. It's one of the top seven universities in Japan, one of the National Seven Universities, which were established as the best national higher education or research institutes!

Typical Climate of Sapporo:
Sapporo has a humid continental climate, and there is a wide range in temps between summer and winter. Summers are generally warm but not humid, and winters very cold and rather snowy. It is one of the few metropolises with a heavy enough snowfall to warrant it's own snow festival.

This RP will start during the Winter in December.

The Mansion
The MAID Mansion:

Map and room notes: Persephone325 (playing Yumi) and kylie will share a room, barring any changes.

As you can see, there might not quite be enough bedrooms for everyone! Someone may share the room with the master of the house (this will be upon my approval only), or some maids can choose to have a room-mate! However, the Butler and the Head Maid are permitted their own rooms and do not have to share; the privileges of their station permit this luxury.

Please let me know which room on the map you would like, and I will edit the map to contain your character's name in their room of choice!

Mansion special qualities....
35 Canopied Bed: [Perfect for those moody nights. Maids and head maids get a bonus of +1 to die rolls for actions relating to this bed.]
55 Secret Passages: [The mansion is full of secret passages. Roll on the mansion’s encounter table to find out who you run into.]

The Mistress of the House

The Mistress:
Yamada Shiori

You'll have to imagine the glasses!

Type: Recluse
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue

Master Special Qualities:
24: Glasses
16: OCD

Master Power Source:
7: Assets [It is the fortune you’ve amassed that gives you your power.]
5: Blood Ties [Regardless of what real power you might have, your heritage demands special treatment.]

Stress Explosion:
[45] Rampage

Favored Maid Type:
Sexy

Attributes:
Athletics 3
Affection 1
Skill 1
Cunning 2
Luck 0
Will 2
Spirit 20

AurelieCatena

Any idea where the rule book could be found?

Blythe

The official website with the pdf is here! The pdf is surprisingly affordable.  :-)

Yukina

Yay, another maid game. I'd love to play. :)

Blythe

Cool--got you added, yugi!  :-)

Yukina

persephone325

I'm tentatively interested. I've seen RPs of this before, but none of them seemed to get off the ground.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Blythe

I'll go ahead add you, persephone.

I'd really like to have this be a consistent long-term group, if possible, if there's enough interest. Having the month to get info organized and see which players stay interested is something I'm hoping will ensure I have good long-term players.

persephone325

Quote from: Blythe on November 14, 2013, 06:17:36 PM
I'll go ahead add you, persephone.

I'd really like to have this be a consistent long-term group, if possible, if there's enough interest. Having the month to get info organized and see which players stay interested is something I'm hoping will ensure I have good long-term players.

Sounds like a good way to go about it! ^^
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Jr

Experienced MAID player/GM here. I'd love to roll a butler if this gets off the ground.

Blythe

Awesome--I'll add you to the list.  ;D

Yukina

Here's a nice character generation link that was from a previous maid game I had been in.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/maidrpg.html

persephone325

"You're the master's lover."

...I'm totally OK with this. :P Haha! XD
I don't know.

Yukina

My character. :)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name/Age/Race: Hanako Sasahara/18/Angel
Dress Color: Orange
Hair Color: Orange
Eye Color: Gray
Maid types: Lolita & Pure
Athletics: 0
Affection: 4
Skill: 3
Cunning: 1
Luck: 4
Will: 2
Special Qualities: Albino, Angel
Maid Roots: Debts
Stress Explosion: Sleep
Maid Weapon: Katana
Maid Power: World for Two
Favor: 8
Spirit: 20

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest......I would like to be the butler. So what is involved?

Blythe

MAID is pretty much a game of cute anime maids serving a master of the house, going on interesting adventures, or getting up to hijinks. This particular game will be pretty light and mostly player-driven (sandbox), unless those interested prefer otherwise. It's very much a game inclined to adventure, humor, and sometimes romance.

As what's involved for being the butler, butlers function a little differently than maids.

Butler info!

Advantages
*Butlers have to wear suits, but unlike maids, they don't get penalties for removing that uniform.
*They're usually male (in this game, I'm not requiring it, though) and get a different character creation table.
*They're typically stronger and get access to special butler powers!

Disadvantages
*Butlers don't have Stress Explosions like maids. They have to use Favor to reduce their stress as a result.
*Butlers can't use Favor to create random events like maids; they want order, not chaos.
*Butlers instantly lose in combat versus maids and masters unless they are ordered into combat. However, they can use seduction rules normally!
*They can't remove Stress naturally over time; they have to spend Favor to lower it.
*Butlers can choose to reduce an attribute at a special cost to gain Favor.

All in all, butlers are pretty fun to play as; they're usually a stabilizing force in the master's household.

I'll add you to the list, Zaer!

Quote from: Yugishogun on November 15, 2013, 03:24:28 AM
My character. :)

Name/Age/Race: Hanako Sasahara/18/Angel
Dress Color: Orange
Hair Color: Orange
Eye Color: Gray
Maid types: Lolita & Pure
Athletics: 0
Affection: 4
Skill: 3
Cunning: 1
Luck: 4
Will: 2
Special Qualities: Albino, Angel
Maid Roots: Debts
Stress Explosion: Sleep
Maid Weapon: Katana
Maid Power: World for Two
Favor: 8
Spirit: 20

Very nice, Yugi! Since the game won't start for quite some time, remember that if you change your mind about what type of maid you want to run, you always have that option.  :-)

Sessha

Hmm what the heck this should be fun so I'll throw my hat in on this.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Blythe

Awesome--I'll add you to the list, Sessha!

Sessha

No problem. Though I have a big delema in front of me now.  :-) Gender!  >:) >:) >:)

Jr

Name/Age/Race: Daigo/30/Japanese
Suit Color: Dark Blue
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Red
Butler Types: Shadow Veteran
Athletics: 8
Affection: 5
Skill: 1
Cunning: 4

Luck: 1
Will: 5
Special Qualities: Former Mercenary, Muscular
Butler Roots: Hatred
Butler Weapons: Katana & Rifle
Butler Powers: Lock Picking & Invincible
Favor: 10
Spirit: 50

After spending his high school years as a delinquent, Daigo left Japan to join a private military company that operated mainly in the middle east. His teammates, mostly from anglophone countries, often made fun of him either for his poor English or any number of comical stereotypes their cultures had toward Japanese people. The teasing stopped when one of them saw Daigo sneak up on a man and snap his neck in a way that should only work in movies. After taking a shrapnel wound that ended his military career and still leaves him with a slight limp, the war-weary man found his way back to his native land. He found employment with the Yamada family, having recognized them as the owners of a corporation that frequently contracted the company to protect their business interests. His experience with rigid command structure and martial skill rendered him a good candidate for butler and personal bodyguard.

Blythe

Quote from: Sessha on November 15, 2013, 09:06:01 PM
No problem. Though I have a big delema in front of me now.  :-) Gender!  >:) >:) >:)

I'm still debating whether I want to run a male master of the house or a female master!

Quote from: Jr on November 15, 2013, 09:51:58 PM
Time for butler generation.

Name/Age/Race: To be decided when I know more about the master/setting.
Suit Color: Dark Blue
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Red
Butler Types: Shadow Veteran
Athletics: 8
Affection: 5
Skill: 1
Cunning: 4

Luck: 1
Will: 5
Special Qualities: Former Mercenary, Muscular
Butler Roots: Hatred
Butler Weapons: Katana & Rifle
Butler Powers: Lock Picking & Invincible
Favor: 10
Spirit: 50

Looks like I made a regular badass.

Holy moly, look at that Athletics score!  :o

Jr

Quote from: Blythe on November 15, 2013, 09:55:01 PM
Holy moly, look at that Athletics score!  :o
Both of my types went into it.

Sessha

Well I'm debating on weather to do Maid or Butler and if I wanna play a herm character or since you opened it up to LGTB catagory I'm considering playing a shemale character.

Blythe

There are two people interested in the butler role already; I'm not saying it's out as an option, but I'm just saying that I'd really prefer to only take one butler character for this, as they are both powerful and yet limited in play.

But yes, characters that don't fall firmly into a binary "male" or "female" category are definitely most welcome.  ;D