Pokemon Journey

Started by Senri, October 13, 2009, 10:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senri

in short, this is a pokemon theme rp. two people, both moved into a small town on the same day a week previously. they both start on a voyage to tame the strongest pokemon in the world together, as rivals and friends, to see who will be the best.

---Senri awoke with a start upon hearing her alarm go off. she slammed on the snooze button before laying back in bed, her eyes half closed. "i dont know why i set my alarm so early.... i never get out of bed right away anyways...." she thinks as she falls half asleep again. after a few minutes, her alarm goes off again, this time she sits up and shuts it off. sitting there, rubbing her eyes to shake off the sleep, she slowly turns herself until her feet touch the cold hard floor, shocking the sleep from her mind. "who need folgers when you have a cold wooden floor haha" she says to herself, with a shake of her head.

upon getting dressed and stuffing her nightgown into her backpack, not even caring to fold it, she pulls her eyepatch off her dresser and puts it on, before picking up her cellphone and her backpack, and heads out the door to catch up with her best friend in front of the professors building...
person who runs in front of car, gets tired.
person who runs behind the car, gets exhausted.
On's and Off's

All Powerful Nateboi

(If you were hoping to play with someone else, go ahead and ignore me. But I loves me some pokemon!)

Max, of course, had been up for the past hour or so. After working for months at his after school job helping the lab researchers, it was finally time to go out on his own! Collect his own samples! Find his own information! STUDY HIS OWN POKEMON! The joy and excitement made his heart leap from his chest, but he had to stay calm. No use getting ahead of himself. First things first, he had to get pokemon. Well, first Senri had to get here. She was always late.

He adjusted his lab coat, and pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. Where was that girl, anyway? She should have been here fifteen minutes ago. He looked around, and gave a small sigh of relief when he saw her running closer.

"Senri! Fashionably late again, I see. Well, hurry up. It's almost time!"

Senri

"huff...huff... sorry Max haha, my snooze button has too much of a delay. I'm sure if i showed up on time anyways, you wouldn't think it was me hehe." she holds out her hand towards you in a sort of mock bow before grabbing your arm in hers with a chuckle. "well, shall we?"

(i don't mind roleplaying with ya, i guess i gotta ask, which version would we be doing? or a mix of all of them?)
On's and Off's

All Powerful Nateboi

(Well, I know Red/Blue the best but let's just say a mix. That way we can randomly throw in interesting pokemons, and not worry about being strictly in one section. Hell, we can jus tmake up the area as we go along!)

Max wobbles as he's grabbed suddenlly. Like he always does. Scrawny nerd research is scrawny, after all. He takes a moment to adjust his glasses, and then nods.

"Of course. I call the Bulbasaur!" He spoke enthusiastically. He'd never made any qualms about the fact that Bulbasaur was his favorite. Heck, he was nearly trembling with anticipation just thinking about it.

Into the Lab they stepped, the building slightly cool from the air conditioners keeping it at a regulated tempurature so as not to upset any experiments. Researchers ran back and forth, delivering papers and vials and pokeballs to different rooms in the lab. Max, of course, couldn't help showing off a bit. He pointed to rooms, explaining their purpose.

"Over there is the genetic research department. Last time I heard, they're studying the strain of similarities between the different Grass types. Over there is the birthing chamber, where they do studies on pokemon personalities when brought up in domestication. It's really very interesting."

Senri

Senri reaches over and ruffles Max's hair. "yeah yeah yeah, you explain the same things every time haha. if you get bulbasaur, i dont mind, i'd like to call an evee if they have it, if not. Torchic hehe" she chuckles happily to herself as they head down the corridor.
"hmm this place always seems so much bigger from the outside haha" She says sarcastically.
They enter upon a large room right at the end of the long hallway, there were bright lights hanging from the roof, and this area seemed much warmer than the rest of the building. Having not been down this part of the building, senri looks around surprised, and max pushes his glasses up on his nose. Senri walkes foreward a little bit before tripping and landing right on her face with a thunk. "ooow, that kind of hurt" she says while getting up and rubbing her face.
"wow, i am always so good at that...." She realizes there was a pair of hands helping her up, that didnt belong to max.

"Do you always go for the flashy entrances?" an old man said with a chuckle.

"my name is Professor Oak, you can just call me Oak if you prefer. You must be Senri and Max. Am i correct?"
On's and Off's

All Powerful Nateboi

Max was in awe. He'd never worked directly with Professor Oak. It takes him a few moments before his jaw picks up off the floor.

"Yes sir. I work for you! Well, technically...it was actually your assistant that gave me the job...and really I just kind of sweep up and stuff...but...umm...Hi!" He grins brightly, looking stupidly excited. He steps closer to Senri, elbowing her gently. "Stop embaressing me!" He speaks through clenched teeth.

Senri

"yes, I do remember you working here the past few days, you may not think sweeping and the like, important, but if you didnt do such a great job. my assistants would be tripping everywhere, and nothing would get done. You are a smart young man, i am sure you know how important that is. I do believe though that you shouldn't Elbow senri though, she just left a faceprint in the floorboards, and i'm sure that elbow didnt help." he chuckles deeply. "anyways, i have a favor to ask of the both of you. as you may have noticed, age is catching up on me a little. and I'm not as good at catching pokemon as i used to be. I want you both to go out, and try to collect data on the different species in the world. Do you both think you are up for the challenge?"

Senri cleared her throat "so you are sending two children, off to face unknown dangers and perils, to go and do the work that a pokemon professor of how many years cannot do? Don't you find anything even slightly irresponsible about this?"
On's and Off's

All Powerful Nateboi

Max's eyes go wide, and he elbows Senri in the side again.

"Shut up! You're embaressing me again!" Once more, he hissed at her through clenched teeth. He then looks up at the professor, smiling again. "Don't mind her, sir. She always asks dumb questions. Really. It's completely acceptable to feed her a twinkie so that she'll stop talking. I do it all the time!"

Senri

"well Senri, to answer your question senri, i would have to say... Nope, Gotta catch em all haha" he says with a chuckle.

"Max, that twinkie thing was just a one time thing you dork" she says while elbowing you back. "well, untold dangers, and lack of guidance sounds fun to me. who knows i may even be able to rule the world with the ultimate pokemon haha. So, where do we get our pokemon eh?"

"just right back here. as for thatruling the world idea. Good Luck" he leads us into a back door where there are numerous pokemn walking, waddling and moving around. "i want you to pick up a pokemon or choose one. they are all tamed but they have to like you as well, thats why they arent in the pokeballs. now off you go."

Senri thinks for a second and she sees an eevee "oooh, hey eevee, want to come with me on a long journey?" she bends down andgives it a scratch between the ears before picking it up and facing oak
On's and Off's

All Powerful Nateboi

Max looks around at the pokemon that hang about the room. The slakoth sleeping while hanging upside down from wiring, the Rattatta chewing on a peice of food. None of those were what he wanted. His eyes continued tos can the place, until his nose caught a whiff of burning...burning...

"Pokenip?"

His surprise was palpable. Most pokemon just ate the stuff. HE supposed it *could* be smoked, but why would they do that? Who would do that? His curiosity pushed him onward, until he found the source. In the corner, hunched down, red eyed from the drug, was a Bulbasaur. It was smoking a joint made from pokenip, using its vines to hold onto it. Upon seeing Max approach, it smiled broadly.

"Bulbaaaa..."

Max blinked. WHy was...and then...but...

"...why are you smoking pokenip?!"

The Bulbasaur stood up on its four stubby legs, wobbeling a bit. Once steady, it tucked the joint between its lips, and waddled over to Max, rubbing against Max's leg. Max looked around desperately. Was there any other Bulbasaur in the room? AT all?!

...no. It appeared that the only Bulbasuar was the stoner. He looked down at it, and it continued to rub against his leg.

"....fine. I guess you get to come with me. I mean, if you want..." Max sighed, feeling slightly sad. He'd hoped for a smart, strong pokemon. Not...well...a stoner. The Bulbasuar looked up at him, smiling again before taking another drag from its joint.

"Bulba!"

Senri

"hey max, are you sure you want that bulbasaur? i was hoping my stash wouldnt get used uptoo quickly hehe. it is cute though"
senri said shortly.

"umm yes, i'm sorry about the bulbasaur, its a bad habit of mine he picked up on a few weeks back" oak said after clearing his throat.
"well, those are the pokemon you wish?" both nod, and the eevee nods, while the bulbasaur drools a little while snuggling up to max.

senri grins and hugs the eevee before grabbing a pokeball from oak, and sucks eevee into it. max does the same, and stomps out the joint on the floor
"alrighty, that will be easier, sorry max, you may be older than me a little, but i dont want you to start picking up its habits and digging in my stash either."

"okay you two, here are your pokedexes, and a set of 5 pokeballs each. the pokedex is common sense how to use it. open it and point it. if you can't do that, you have some serious problems, and that bulbasaur may be perfect for you in the end. now go, you kids are too happy for this old fart"
oak pushes them both out the door as they say their thanks and leave. upon the shutting of the door, one of the assistants walks up and looks at the door they left through and says, "niiicccceee...."
"Shes Ten you sick fuck!" oak replies startled....
'who said i was talkin about the girl you old geezer, sheesh..." and he walks away leaving oak completely baffled
On's and Off's