News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest check - Battle Royale [EX]

Started by WyldRanger, October 14, 2008, 12:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyldRanger

I was wondering if anybody would be interested in playing/running a game based on the novel/movie/manga Battle Royale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Royale

Basically take a group of people, the more diverse the better, and put them on an island and let them end up eliminating each other, but killing them. Obviously the structure of this game takes it into the Extreme category, so the squeamish should not reply to this  ;)

TanaSilver

O/O

shadowheart

I would be interested ... been looking for a true extreme end-in-death game for some time (since the end, Coglio, of your arena game in fact :) )

TanaSilver

Hey there, Shadow! I see you went back to your old avatar.
O/O

shadowheart

Yeah, wanting to create an entirely new one, but undecided as to what, so for now back to the "succubus" :D

WyldRanger

Thank you for showing interest ladies! Now I just need a few more guys and gals to show up so we can have fun. Do you have any questions about how this is going to go?

shadowheart

System or freeform? :)

And is it going to be a school-group as in the anime (thanks Wiki! :D) or just a random collection of folks?

WyldRanger

Good questions!  :)

It's gotta be freeform, tho' for some battles I will roll a random twenty sided die to determine if someone gets hurt and how badly.

And I was thinking of making it a school group, but a bit older, mayhaps a senior class that gets kidnapped while thinking that there going on a college field trip. (A slight tip of the hat to the plot of the original story.)

Oh and I'll choose weapons from a random list  ;)

shadowheart

Sounds good.  Will keep tabs as I am interested.

Eren

I am quite a newbie to E, but the premise sounds interesting to me. So, if you feel you need one more player (and I would most likely play a guy), give me a holler. If you prefer more experienced players, it's okay.

WyldRanger

I'm certainly not opposed to idea of having a relative newbie in our game. My only concern at this moment is having enough players to fill out a well rounded game.  :)

Aiden

Dibs on the sadistic one that just wants to hurt everyone, but let them live so he can torture them close to death again!

*Weapon of choice....knives*

WyldRanger

Sorry Aiden, no choice as to the weapons you'll receive! More fun having a random distribution I believe. :)

Aiden

Well yea... I'll just beat them to death with my pot lid or wooden spoon until I find the knives...

*Styles hair in flashy Japanese fashion*

WyldRanger

C'mon man it's all about the chopsticks of doom!  :D

nobleXknight

I would recommend finding (or drawing) the map of some island (or possibly some other isolated area where the game might be payed), and then breaking it down into zones that people can move amongst.  You can only move a certain number of spaces per turn though.  I did this in a BR RP once, and it was a lot of fun.

shadowheart

Good idea, especially since this is kind of .. well, like survival/combat.  It's kind of important to know who is around whom! :P

WyldRanger

Quote from: nobleXknight on October 16, 2008, 06:33:39 PM
I would recommend finding (or drawing) the map of some island (or possibly some other isolated area where the game might be payed), and then breaking it down into zones that people can move amongst.  You can only move a certain number of spaces per turn though.  I did this in a BR RP once, and it was a lot of fun.

Yes, I was already planning on doing that! :)

WyldRanger

Perhaps I am not ready to take on the responsibility of running this game. Any who wishes may take it up as their own, I won't mind at all!

Atlus

I can't run this but I totally want in. Hi Coglio. Hi ShadowHeart. Y'know this seems familiar somehow.
How profound such profanity can be.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>

TanaSilver

lol, yeah. So, we meet again, Mr. Bond ...
O/O