News:

Main Menu

EVE online

Started by SinXAzgard21, February 03, 2013, 04:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Okay so I have been looking into videos and what not for this MMO.  I was wondering if it is really worth getting into solo?  I'd not mind running with people, but most of the time scheduling and so on make it difficult. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Ryven

From what I've played of the game, I don't think any player can get the most out of the game by going solo.  I tried it for a couple of weeks, and while the missions are fun to do, eventually, you need other people because everything worth doing is going to be in 0.0 space where there is no protection.  All of the rare minerals and such are out in that area.  I haven't played it enough to know, but I didn't want to go further than I did because looking at the amount of complexity they put into the game, it was going to begin being almost a chore.

Ignaddio

Regardless of where you go in EVE (Nullsec, Lowsec, Hi-sec carebearing), you're going to want to be part of a corporation. EVE Uni is a good corp for new folks; there are others as well. If you're really into the idea of roleplaying, for instance, you might try CVA (Curatores Veritas Alliance or something like that). Red versus Blue is a pair of corporations that are constantly at war with one another, and wage battles usually in cheap frigates, and it's a good place to cut your teeth in PvP.
Vidi, Vici, Veni*I sang, too.
 Like the Avatar? I drew it myself.

Callie Del Noire

I did quite well as part of Arrow Corp till it folded and I was able to do quite a bit of hi-sec transporting, mining, with frantic moments of low sec scanning/hacking/surveying for the corp. I found ALL sorts of things for the big guys. I'd jump in, find out what sort of spot we'd found.. (I have a nice tech II cloaked ship) and the assault team would come in.. clear the way for me to hack/scan whatever. I'd get my cut and the guys would find me spots that I could run my blue print research that weren't 45 days away. I was a brain.. the guy who did research and building. I could do a lot of my stuff in hi-sec.

Requires a LOT of time. My researcher is a HUGE science/industry talent with a side journey in drone/mining and refining and few other. I have like 20 million skill points accured. Some of my skills take a MONTH to train up now.

SinXAzgard21

Thanks for all the input on the game.  I think I'm gonna drop the twenty bucks and try it out for the 30 days.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 04, 2013, 01:20:34 AM
Thanks for all the input on the game.  I think I'm gonna drop the twenty bucks and try it out for the 30 days.

gimme a holler. :D

SinXAzgard21

Callie Del Noire

Okay.. after 2 years off. .I sign back on. FIRST day..

My mining barge is blown up by a griefer.. in Hi-Sec.. and I have a 145,000,000 isk bounty on MY head because the tool has rich friends. Weird.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 04, 2013, 01:10:39 PM
Okay.. after 2 years off. .I sign back on. FIRST day..

My mining barge is blown up by a griefer.. in Hi-Sec.. and I have a 145,000,000 isk bounty on MY head because the tool has rich friends. Weird.

Holy shit lol.  Well better you than me?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 04, 2013, 03:57:43 PM
Holy shit lol.  Well better you than me?

Yeah.. he didn't lke me showing up with my Typhoon and shooting at him from outside his range.

Treecat Grinning isn't a small ship.

SinXAzgard21

Got the first ship that is given to you... Still getting used to the controls of it all.

Ryven

One thing I miss about the game is the soundtrack and the feeling of being completely alone at times.  It was really peaceful, actually.