Mass Effect: Vengence (another ME RP :p)

Started by Wargtass, February 12, 2012, 09:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargtass

Added the history of the Damascus IV Massacre for those who want to use it in their background.
O/O

Geradine

I would be a geth again, but considering theis is technically pre mass effect 1, that would be a no-no.

Name: Titus Fabius
Race: Turian
Class: Infiltrator
Class Specialization: N/A
Appearance:
History: Classified
Biotic Powers: N/A
Weaponry: M-4 Shuriken, M-92 Mantis, M-622 Avalanche
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Preferred Position: Neither
The view from behind a scope puts everything into perspective.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

OHWceta

Yay! plenty of Turians! I was hoping of having a possibility of my female hooking up with a Turian.   XD
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Laughing Hyena

Hope you have flexibility to match his reach.

Latooni Subota

Watch out for chafing, and remember not to swallow: Anaphylactic shock is a bad thing.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Laughing Hyena

Glyph

We're waiting on me sorry. I can never seem to find the right pictures....

Laughing Hyena

Name: Lawrence
Race: Human
Class: Soldier
Class Specialization: None
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
History: (Working on it)
Biotic Powers: None.
Weaponry: M-9 Tempest, M-8 Avenger, M-100 Grenade Launcher
Preferred Position: Dominant

DigitLninja

Appearance:

Name: Specter Vax (Phantom) Descros

Race: Turian

Class: Agent

Class Specialization: Assassin

History:
During the first contact war Vax was a simple recruit for the Turian armed forces and sent to Shanxi after the Turian fleet had won. It was to be an easy assignment until the Second Fleet arrived. Vax was on the ground for the most part, rather unsettling when you can watch your ships exploding high above you.

Vax was with his commander when the humans simply appeared on the ridge, and he immediately turned and ran for cover, most of the humans ignored the recruit running for cover and those that didn't managed to miss. After the slaughter of the entire team the humans moved into the camp to claim anything they could find, as they celebrated though the human commander suddenly fell forward with a quarter sized hole in his forehead.

When the battle was over Vax stood in a field of dead bodies but he had left one human alive to inform his superiors, and sent word that his team had been eliminated and he needed evac. Within days he was returned to Citadel Space and made a Specter. From that point on he was never seen on the battlefield, but the humans knew when they were being hunted by the Phantom.

Vax was appointed to the team as the Council Representative.

~Additional~
Personal log on Humans:
Log - 5379-4883
I have spent years hunting these humans, years of my life spent watching them bleed, seeing them survive a battle that should have been lost, taking away there last shred of hope and yet they kept fighting.

These creatures have been my prey for so long that I know them, yet I have never asked myself how I felt about them. They killed people I cared about, they took from me my safety, forced me to grow up and improve myself before I thought I was ready, they made me who I am so it's only fair I judge them accordingly.

Time and time again I have heard of how these humans pull themselves up from the grave and seen how a single human after I have gunned down his fellows somehow manages to find strength in his loss, these creatures have earned there respect from the Turians by showing us we aren't invincible.

I would be happy to see them as part of the Citadel races, though I suspect I would have trouble working with them, partially due to the fact that I have worked alone for so long now, but mostly for fear that they would judge me as most of my race judges humans.

Biotic Powers: N/A

Weaponry: HMWSR Master Sniper Rifle, HMWP Master Pistol, M-490 Blackstorm

Preferred Position: switch

(new edit!)
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Latooni Subota

It's taking me a while to really flesh out my character's backstory, sorry. >.>

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Latooni Subota

So I've been spending today looking up timeline info on Mass Effect to better plan out my character, yeah? Uh . . apparently none of us humans can be biotics. The oldest THEORETICAL biotic would be 11, maybe 12 years old, at this point in time. Element Zero was only first discovered in the tiniest trace amounts in 2147 after all.

So yeah, probably something for potential players to keep in mind.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline  This has been SUPER useful to me.

Latooni Subota

Aaaand here's my character for now, assuming everything is okay. Expect her to have a skillset that's sort of a cross between Tali and Mordin, in terms of abilities. I only gave her three abilities, but i'd appreciate the okay to give her some more . . especially since she's going to be not-exactly-great at straight-up gun combat. Also, rather than a Heavy Weapon, she just has grenades. >.>

Name: Rebecca Hackett
Race: Human
Class: Engineer
Class Specialization: Mech Controller

Rebecca is unusually gifted in her ability to keep up with the quickly advancing field of robotics, and specializes in drone combat and hacking.

Appearance:

The one in the middle, with the freckles. >.>

History: Rebecca Hackett is an army brat, born and bred, back on good ol' Luna's Armstrong Outpost. Despite being in a predominantly military family, and making a splendid showing in the Alliance's Luna Naval Academy, she ended up choosing to become a scientist instead.

She was stationed on Arcturus Station during the First Contact War, and ended up not being a part of any significant action. Instead she continued studying and developing medical and military tech. By the time humanity began it's in-depth studies into biotics, Rebecca decided to switch to studying xenobiology instead. She was one of the few who believed that the First Contact War was a terrible mistake made by people with itchy trigger fingers, and that if the various races were going to live together in the galaxy, they'd need to understand each other better.

For the last year she's been working with human interests on the Citadel, studying various alien races (Specifically the primary races of the Citadel Council) and helping to vie for an embassy on the Citadel. Her unique perspective on Turians, along with her remarkable skills with technology (Weapons and medical) made her an unusual, but valuable choice for the Corvinus Mission.

Biotic Powers: None. Rebecca is too young to be a Biotic, and the rumors of cruel biotic research from some of her scientist friends are disturbing her . . . but she does have a bit of a fascination with the Asari's natural biotic gifts.

Engineer Powers: Combat Drone, AI Hacking, First Aid (Medigel)

Weaponry: M-4 Shuriken SMG, M-8 Avenger, Mark 14 Incendiary Grenades

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Preferred Position: Mildly Submissive

Wargtass

I like what I am seeing thus far. Is Rebecca by any chance related to Admiral Hackett? I could see a family reunion during the briefing in that case...

I'll have a tactical briefing on Corvinus up in a while, give you some more meat to pick at.
O/O

Latooni Subota

I was debating it, though, i'm pretty sure at this point in the timeline the only way they'd be related would be for Admiral Hackett to be her older brother by a few years. (WHY IS THERE NO OFFICIAL AGE FOR HIM? D:< )

Wargtass

As far as I am concerned he's pretty much an old geezer in the games. The First Contact War was in 2157 while the games take place in 2183. Hackett is mentioned in several sources, one such remarking on his success as a Rear Admiral in the First Contact War. As for his age he is supposed to be around 70 in the first game. That would mean he was around 44 during the First Contact War and as such 46 in our scenario, so he could be either or really. Father, brother, cousin or none, whatever suits you.
O/O

Latooni Subota

Father would be pretty interesting, I think. It helps that Hackett would be like, the most badass dad ever. XD

Wargtass

Those times he's home, sure. Something tells me he's a bit workaholic... =p
O/O

Laughing Hyena

Wargtass

I am giving Aoife and Glyph encouraging stares as we speak. Although my encouraging stare is just a little bit different from my "I will molest you"-stare so it might be counter-effective.
O/O

DigitLninja

ah... I remember those stairs... both made me hide in terror...
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Latooni Subota

"Haha! Your dad never attends father-daughter dances!"
"O . . oh yeah! Well my dad is the youngest admiral in the fleet, and he protects the entire Arcturus Station from badguys!"
". . . So what?"
"HE HAS GIANT GUNS AND HE'LL SHOOT YOU!"
"WAAAAH~"

Latooni Subota

Gotta love mysteriously disappeared possible players, huh? :x

Edit: Actually, want me to see if I can pull anyone I know in? I have one or two people that MIGHT find this interesting, though I wouldn't be able to contact them for another 6 or so hours. x.o

Geradine

I am still floating around. Just waiting to kick this shindig off.
The view from behind a scope puts everything into perspective.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

Wargtass

In approximately 21 hours (that is 00:00 GMT +1 around here), I will post the first part of the adventure. It will start a bit mellow with a "cinematic cutscene" of Admiral Hackett recieving a mission from the Council, asking him to choose a Commander and a team for taking down Casca Corvinus covertly. Then the real "gameplay" will start, beginning on the bridge of the experimental frigate Arnhem (not given an SSV-signing due to it's covert mission) where Admiral Hackett welcomes the team aboard and gives them their sealed orders. This will be the introduction. If Aoife and Glyph doesn't submit a character before then they will still be able to join at a later stage (not too late, don't worry).

Shine up your characters with details please, that will give me something to work on in form of personalized content in the mission.
O/O

Laughing Hyena

In the spirit of fun I'll have the other people here pick the commanders back story. Hows that sound?