How Old do people like their Partners?

Started by Steampunkette, November 19, 2014, 05:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethala

Quote from: Steampunkette on November 20, 2014, 06:11:40 PM
If anything were to change I'd want it to change in the media. Shift the representation in stories and go from there. Stop casting 20-somethings to play the part of 15 year old girls. Stop casting 20-somethings to play 30 and 40 year old women.

While I agree wholeheartedly with the latter suggestion, I think one minor consideration with casting the character's age with a younger character is that this usually means the studio has to get involved with child labor laws.  I don't think I could fault any studio for deciding to go for someone older that doesn't have a limited time they can spend on the set.

Lustful Bride

I personaly don't mind the age unless they are like 20  or 30 years older than me. because then most of the references I use will probably be lost on the partner it feels kind of odd and uncomfortable past that age.

HannibalBarca

At 45 and getting divorced after a long separation, I find myself attracted to women my age or close to it.  I wouldn't want to date a woman in her 20s unless she was interested in most of the things I am, and had a compatible personality.  Personally, I find woman of all ages attractive physically, as my primary physical attractor is the eyes.  I suppose I'm just an individual who rests outside the standard deviations of the polls.

Now sure, I have a 'type', though throughout my life I've been attracted to many different kinds of women.  I can't, for the life of me however, figure out where I got my particular attraction: petite, athletic women.  Not my mother--she is 5'10", went to modelling school, and has always been slim.  My family tends to be tall as is.  We men aren't exactly inundated by images of petite women from media, either, with all of the slender model types cast on us as some kind of conglomerate ideal.  However, that petite woman can be 20, 30, 40, 50...and I'll still find her physically appealing.  Much better to me, though, is for her to have lovely eyes and a fun, independent personality.
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu