News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Love Trap small group interest check

Started by xwickedsmilesx, June 28, 2011, 02:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xwickedsmilesx

A love trap, interest check and sign up!

Alright here we go with my first attempt at a group rp well I in fact listed this rp before and it crashed and burned and I really want to do it so please people someone really interested. I am even willing to play with one other and double characters.

I am very interested in starting a rp with a small group. In fact I am looking at three more people at this moment. Maybe more characters to be added if someone else can see reason too.

The idea:

I don't know what time I'd like to set it in I suppose that is something left to popular vote.

Medieval setting - The characters for this would be two princess maybe sisters who have love for the same man. The older is married to him clearly cares for him but is also very vain and selfish so her feelings are lost to him. The younger someone who secretly loves him and he shares his affection in her meeting with her in secret or trying to depending where the rp starts. There will be two male characters. Clearly the prince married to older sister whom wants the younger and another male who is either another prince betrothed to the younger sister or could be even a stable boy, knight, king, what have you. This second male will know about the affair between the younger sister and the married prince his interest could lie in the younger girl for personal reasons or the older sister for reasons of material gain or even personal reasons if you want to go there.

Modern setting - In this one the two girls could be friends or sisters and the vain girl could be married or dating the first male. It will follow the same idea the girl has interest in her lover but she's too wound up in herself to show clear affections to him. He's interest are slowly turned to her friend/sister again depending where the rp starts they start or already have been meeting behind the vain ones back. Again there will be a second male, best friend/brother/ or even stranger to the first male who knows the situation and is trying to alter it for his own gain what ever his intentions are.

In either setting I would like to play the vain first female, I know it's a shock I don't want to play the main character in my own roleplay, go figure. ^ - ^ So please tell me if it strikes your interest or if there is anything you think I should add.

Sarah Morgan

This sounds like it could be interesting.  I'd be willing to play the younger sister/friend, and here's hoping you get some more interest.  I'm not all that comfortable playing male characters, although I'll admit I haven't tried it as of yet.  Being a female myself though, I find it easier to play female roles, but eventually I'll probably work up the nerve to play a male character, I'm just not there yet.

grovercjuk

Sounds interesting, the classic I married the wrong person and the eternal triangle combined. I would like to play the husband as I like emotional turmoil, Loving his wife but her actions combined with a growing  sexual tension with the sister, nice.

xwickedsmilesx

Alright we will hold out a bit longer to see if we can pull in a second male role. If not we'll start with just the three of us.

So any thoughts on if we want to do this modern or not?

grovercjuk

Sarah Morgan

I'm partial to the modern setting myself, but I can go with whatever the majority decides.  I do like the sisters bit though, and maybe the two males can even be brothers, perhaps? 

grovercjuk

The motivation of the second man intrigues me, Does he want the wife and thus seeks to break up the marriage or maybe the sister? Anyone any thoughts?

xwickedsmilesx

Modern would be fun.
As for the second males motivation he is the wrench in the cog works. I pretty much invented him in the idea to cause that little bit of chaos. What he wants is up to who plays him.

Sarah Morgan

Hopefully we can find someone to play him, because this still sounds like a neat idea. I'm still interested, for whenever we get enough players.  I'll be gone for the weekend, and it may be early Monday before I can post, just to let you know, even though the game isn't even started yet.  I just thought I'd mention it, just in case we get all the players we need over the weekend, and so you wouldn't think I'd disappeared on you or something.