A solo roleplay

Started by Lexavier, April 28, 2020, 05:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexavier

This may sound like a weird question...

It was something I did in a previous forum and I found that, at least the people I talked to, really enjoyed it.
Is there any rules about roleplaying by yourself? Like essentially writing a story but in posts? I love to write but I tend to drop off somewhere in the middle and then no-one ever reads my half written attempts so feels like a waste of time.
When I did it on the previous forum, I got some really good feedback and I was able to help shape the story as it went. I did invite some guest writers in occasionally to help me with the spicy scenes.

Are there any specific rules against this? I don't want to start and then have it all deleted because I broke a law?

Thanks!
Lexy

Inkidu

I think they just go in the storytelling forum. Unless you're talking about playing both sides of a fictional RP, though I'd still storytelling forum. I've done some storytelling but as far as I can tell no one liked it. :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

The Green One

Quote from: Lexavier on April 28, 2020, 05:33:59 AM
This may sound like a weird question...

It was something I did in a previous forum and I found that, at least the people I talked to, really enjoyed it.
Is there any rules about roleplaying by yourself? Like essentially writing a story but in posts? I love to write but I tend to drop off somewhere in the middle and then no-one ever reads my half written attempts so feels like a waste of time.
When I did it on the previous forum, I got some really good feedback and I was able to help shape the story as it went. I did invite some guest writers in occasionally to help me with the spicy scenes.

Are there any specific rules against this? I don't want to start and then have it all deleted because I broke a law?

Thanks!
Lexy
This sounds absolutely interesting and cool to me! Though I don't know if there's any rule against it.

Not available for new stories

Britwitch

Solo writing would be best put over in Storytelling (or possibly even the Storyteller's Café) rather than the RP boards but if you're wanting 'reader input' for your stories then it might be something more suited to the 'Choose Your Own Adventure' forum where you can give the readers options to vote on which will direct the story.

Current status : Selectively seeking new stories

Lexavier

Thankyou everyone. I'll have a look in the storytelling area. I think that would suit me better since I'm more looking for informal feedback and to improve my writing skills as opposed to a choose your own adventure.