I'm A Fighter | Seeking a Girlfriend for a Boxing Story

Started by Inferior Rabbit, January 11, 2015, 07:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inferior Rabbit

Hey there! The name is Max, and I ought to explain the inspiration for the story. Send me a message if you're interested!

The main idea came from The Fighter, a movie starring Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, and Amy Adams(hnnng). The story centers around Wahlberg, a boxer hailing from Boston, as he tries to rise to the top of the boxing world, and become famous, all the while dealing with his girlfriend(Adams), extremely dysfunctional family, and drug addict brother(Bale), the latter two only holding him back for most of the movie. It's a great movie, and most of it's humor comes from the interactions with the family and brother, mostly centering around the brother's bad habits.

Our story would be in a similar vein, though it'd be centered around my character, Lionel Brown, a man hailing from Nevada who has spent the last ten years of his life in Ohio, trying to become a big time boxer, unsuccessfully. However, an agent from his homestate soon finds him, and offers him a chance to fight back in Nevada. He returns home to the family he left behind. His father, James(an alcoholic and local con artist), his four sisters(all of which are hair dressers), and his two brothers(owners of a bar). Our characters would meet in said bar, and hit it off from there, as his career finally kicks off. 
"A good story cannot be devised; it has to be distilled."
O/O's
| InferiorRabbit#8785