PERSONA! (A School Based game about finding your true self.) Big group wanted.

Started by Vergil1989, November 10, 2011, 10:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil1989

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124199.0  OOC Thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124200.0  Character Roster Thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124205.0  Inaba, Human World, IC thread.

I couldn't think of a better title at the moment but if you know anything about Persona, (prior knowledge not required but is appreciated  ;D), then hopefully you'll love this game.  I accidentally came across six episodes that are directly related to the game Persona 4 oddly enough, thus the inspiration for this little get together.  If all goes well and I get someone that's has good experience running a school type of setting to act as my Co-GM, I'll be more than happy just to get a few people, let alone the big group I'm hoping to get for this lol.  At any rate, here's a few things to consider for the game I am putting together before getting into the setting itself.  I'm always willing to accept ideas and the like, so feel free to drop a line along with any interest you might have for this.  So, without further delay!

Personas themselves....  What is a persona anyway?  Well, to put it simply, a Persona is a 'mask' we wear to deal with day to day hardships.  On the outside we might appear more or less alright, but to reveal one's inner thoughts is simply crazy since we all have problems or dark feelings about people or places that we wouldn't wish anyone to find out.  Dealing with the negative emotions you possess, taming them and training them to make you stronger in a positive way gives form to your personal Persona summon that is a physical manifestation of your personality.  Each Persona is classified into the Tarot Arcanums, (the Chariot, the Magician, etc), and each has their own unique powers and abilities, but more on that later.  Needless to say, every Persona, either first or second level, will have strengths and weaknesses that can be exploited.  Working together, defending against said weaknesses, will be key.  (No system game here, so no worries.)

Shadows....  Shadows are just as numerous and diverse as Personas, more so in fact since everyone has the potential to have either one.  Shadows are the dark parts of a person's soul, their very being.  When a normal person comes into contact with their shadow selves, it is possible to see an exact look alike of themselves that knows EVERYTHING about you; your every secret, desire, and personal issues.  Denying you have anything wrong with you, saying that there's no way that's a part of you will make your Shadow self expand and grow by absorbing nearby lesser Shadows, becoming a terrifying monster that can and will try to kill its creator.  Only by beating it down and/or admitting to its existence as well as acknowledging you do have that within yourself will the Shadow clone calm down, giving you the power to use Persona in turn.  Friends help but can also make things worse, depending on how the situation is handled.  Tread lightly here when dealing with souped up Shadows.

Personas and you.  Because this is E, and because I just like to hear myself talk,  :P, I wanted to add a nice little twist to this game.  So far the tradition has been to have Personas be silent guardians to their hosts, to act as their physical manifestation of will and their personalities when facing Shadows in any number of different worlds beside our own across multiple games.  While this will still hold true, I'm cutting the silent act and I am going to allow others to play as both a normal person and someone else's Persona partner when obtained.  The only rule is that you have to be work this out with your partner, agreeing to shape and form of the Persona in question, essentially becoming their best friend or more if you so wish.  I will be putting a few rules in place regarding Persona and partner interactions but nothing major, so no worries there.  For the most part Personas won't be able to hold a physical, tangible form in our world, so anything intimate will have to wait until you are either asleep in your own bed or in the alternate world where Shadows could attack if you're not on your guard.  Beyond that, you can still see your and other Personas and interact with them as you like, but anything physical will have to wait as I said.  Beyond that, go nuts.

Before obtaining your power.....  I'm a huge fan of Persona 4, and thus that's where I'm getting most of my ideas for this from.  However, I'm also open to ideas as previously stated, so feel free to drop whatever you think might make this more entertaining.  Getting back on track however, I will say that I'm going to use the setup that has characters being taken to the other world against their will and left there to die unless saved before the fog lifts or some kind of unnatural phenomena occurs as seen in P4.  (Still working on this part lol.)  Regardless on how this is put together, each area that is created in the 'Midnight Channel' as it was called in P4 has a theme to them.  For example, a men's spa....a castle, a strip club, a secret underground base that can be seen in any old fashion comic book, you get the idea.  I want you to think of themes and creatures to populate each area that match up with the scenery you're going for.  They also have to match up with what you're trying to hide or put on a brave face for or you wish you could escape to, to some degree or another.  Yukiko Amagi for example wanted someone to take her away from everything she was being forced into as far as her family inherited and run in located in the town of Inaba, where P4 takes place.  She had a Prince Charming complex in mind, hence the castle theme aforementioned.  You don't have to have this ready to go right away, but consider it is all I'm asking.  I'll leave a spot in the character sheet if I get enough interest for this to be filled at your leisure.  If done later, please include a note either in my or my Co-GM's inbox or on the OOC should this get far enough.  Thanks!

Fighting and how it will be handled.  They have an interesting thing going for the Personas and their hosts as far as the six episodes have shown.  If damage is done to the Persona, the host feels it just as much.  If your Persona is pushed into a wall or knocked back, you too will be knocked around to a relatively same degree.  Because Personas are much stronger in most cases however, you'll be able to take quite the beat down before you are ready to drop dead from exhaustion.  'Death' of a Persona, (which won't happen since I'd guess it would mean you would follow soon afterward anyway,) would mean dropping to the floor, too tired to fight any longer, leaving you wide open to be torn apart by whatever you're up against.  The way I handle fighting more times than not, and this won't be a fighting central RP, but it will still have bouts and the like from time to time, is like this.  The more detailed the post, the better your chances will be.  Simply putting a one line or an automatic hit/kill shot or anything like that I will not go for at all.  ATTEMPTS at hitting the enemy if it's a major one or if it's a first encounter, etc, those I like.  The more detail you put into your posts, the more effort you put into this, the more generous I'll be when deciding how a fight goes down.  For example....

Zack and his Persona were up against the wall, fighting the serpent headed Shadow clone that had come out of his best friend, the girl in question having issues he had no clue about.  Dodging to the side at the last second as a green gas cloud shot out of the creature's mouth, the young man looked up, fire in his eyes as he turned his gaze to his Persona who looked quite the part of a masked swordsman, dressed in a black shirt, pants, cape, buckled boots, and white gloves on both of his hands.  Two straight swords seemed to be right at home in his Persona's hands, a gilded dragon's mask that covered his entire face.  Who would have guessed his personality would manifest into that?  "Go, Masked Dragon Knight!  Take that bitch down once and for all!  Samantha!  This is for you!"  The Persona charged in quick, his twin swords already thrusting out forward to hopefully nail the serpent beast in her chest and head.  If it worked, they'd be one step closer to freeing Samantha from her prison.  If not, he didn't even want to consider the alternative....

It was a quick and nasty example but you get the idea I hope lol.  The more detail, the better, that's all you really need to know.  What I forgot to mention however is that it does have to follow what's been put up before hand, so be sure to read each post carefully and follow through as best as you can and adapt as you need to.

The Arcana as it pertains to you.  The Arcana are the different classes of Tarot cards. They are a major thematic element of the Persona series. The Arcana are divided into the Major Arcana (22 unique cards) and the Minor Arcana (four suits of cards, not unlike those of traditional playing cards).  That's the Persona definition found in the wiki for the games.  Each Major Arcana fits a personality type almost to a tee, so when making your profile, I ask that you read each one carefully so as to find a good match to when you find your inner strength and make it real.  When a new Persona is attained, it is forever attached to your soul.  The only Arcana that I may or may not include is the Fool, since that is and always has been considered to be the Wild Card, meaning you could potentially obtain multiple Personas across all Arcanas.  The only problem with that is that it allows a single person too much power, that and every Fool holder I have seen thus far hasn't had to deal with their darker halves, always able to activate and bring out their Personas because of some outside interference.

Persona 4 spoiler warning.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Such as coming into contact with a dark goddess of the dead posing as a human who ironically enough poses as a gas station clerk.

Here is the wiki page that lists all of the Major Arcana and has detailed descriptions of what Personas are available in each one.  That's not to say you can't make your own of course, I just ask that it fits the theme that your chosen Arcana seems to be.  Beyond that, go crazy.   ;D  PLEASE, no repeats of Arcana or Persona form.  Personas come in two forms, one when you first obtain it, and one when you are completely free of your darker halves, coming to a resolution or to terms with your darker self, releasing even greater power within your being when that happens.

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Arcana

Evoking one's Persona, a personal preference.  Whether it's an Evoker shot to the brain, smashing a glowing blue Tarot like card, or some other means that's original or used in another game, I leave this one to you.  However, if you're using a canon way of doing so, I ask that you follow their example to a tee.  Beyond that, if it's a completely original idea, then I simply ask how it works and what it looks like as your Persona comes out.  It's all yours to do as you like after that.

------------------------------------------------------

At any rate, I plan to have this go up in the Extreme section only because I don't like to limit anyone in their preferences.  Considering most Persona games are horror/comedy games as far as I've been able to tell, it would fit perfectly there anyway.  Will there be blood and guts?  Depends on who we end up getting and what their issues are, but for the most part the only dying I see happening will be Shadows and any that help them should it come to that.  Regardless, this won't be heavy in gore or anything like that, but I would expect SOME injuries to occur, but again that is preference related so if it's a no on some people's thing, then I'll skim over the messy bits.   ;D  At any rate, I love Japan, but I don't know nearly enough to make it convincing to have the story take place there, but if I get a good partner that does know the area well enough, then I'll be willing to have it in a town in Japan or a city, either way it'd be cool by me.  Otherwise, it'll be here in an American small town with a city within easy driving distance.  Your profiles will shape how the town is formed if for example we have an inherited business or whatever, things like that.  Think carefully when doing your profiles up again should we get that far.  Because of the nature of this game and how detail oriented it can get, I want NO LESS than 3 paragraphs with four sentences a piece for your personal history.  I want AT LEAST 2 paragraphs for your personality with 4 sentences a piece as well, so NO ONE LINERS.  The rest I'll detail when and if I get enough interest to warrant a character sheet and all the rest.  For now, good luck and here's hoping.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Starlequin

Figures that the good games would start popping up in the middle of NaNo. :P My knowledge of the Persona series is somewhat limited, but I believe I have enough of the gist to be able to hold my own in this. Hope you get some more interest, Vergil; I'd love to join this, if thats alright.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Vergil1989

I'd be happy to have you Star buddy and I'll be posting the wiki link and other information as it's needed, so you don't have to worry so much about needing to know everything or whatever so much lol.  Still, I tried to put a lot of thought into this whole thing and hope as well that it gets enough interest to make it worth while.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

pendarious

I know a little bit about Persona and would love to join. I also have a fairly extensive knowledge of Japanese culture and geography (doesn't mean i wouldn't have to do research and what not) but that aside this sounds pretty fun
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Vergil1989

You'd be a great help if that's the case regarding Japanese culture and the like Pend buddy.  Research or not, I'd prefer to have this set in a Japanese town than an American one since Persona has always been set in one place or another on the Japanese continent.  At any rate, I am glad to have you aboard Pend man.

Vergil1989

Because of a few PMs I've had regarding possible interest plus what I have here already, I will go ahead and get the start of a character profile going if not the whole thing already before I hit the sack tonight.

[b]Name;[/b]
[b]Gender;[/b]
[b]Sexuality;[/b]  (Straight, bi, etc.)
[b]Age;[/b]  (No younger than 18 please and no older than say 35.)
[b]Appearance;[/b]  (Pic or written or both if you like.)
[b]Eye Color;[/b]
[b]Hair Color/Style;[/b]
[b]Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks;[/b]
[b]Student or teacher?[/b]  (Not sure how far I'm going to go into this since I have no real experience running a school game, but might as well ask lol.)
[b]Teacher of/Student of?[/b]  (What are you going for or teaching?)
[b]Job?[/b]  (Yes, no, applying?  If yes or applying, there's more to come.)
[b]Job position/title if you have one;[/b]  (Can be included in your history as well.  Some students have to work to pay the bills of college and the like after all.)
[b]Arcana Choice;[/b]  (No repeats, and please be sure to read each one so that it matches with your character.)
[b]Summon Persona Preference;[/b]  (Evoker gun, Tarot Card, or other?  If other, more to come.)
[b]Other Means;[/b]  (Anything from a personal item of great value to you or a kind of incantation, anything is possible so long as you explain why it works and what it looks like when it does kind of thing.)
[b]Persona Name;[/b]  (Forgot this part.)
[b]Persona Appearance;[/b]  (If you're wanting someone else to play your Persona partner, agree on this bit is all I ask.)
[b]Powers and abilities;[/b] (More out of curiosity than anything.  You can include a move list or a basic summary of what your Persona is capable of.  Either way is cool by me.)
[b]Persona Lore/History;[/b]  (Also forgot this part like a dork.  Can either be canon from the wiki/game/etc, or your own creation.)
[b]Weapon of Choice;[/b];  (The hosts fight as well as their Personas, so feel free to include a means to take on the enemy here.)
[b]Skills;[/b]  (Be reasonable but feel free to include whatever comes to mind.)
[b]Hobbies;[/b]
[b]Likes;[/b]
[b]Dislikes;[/b]
[b]Quirks;[/b]  (Optional, but anything that comes to mind if you have one is welcome.)
[b]Ons;[/b]  (Anything big I'd like to see listed.  Otherwise, your O/O page is fine here.)
[b]Offs;[/b]  (Same as above.)
[b]Personality;[/b]  (Two paragraphs, four sentences a piece.  No less, but more is always welcome.)
[b]Personal History;[/b]  (Three paragraphs, four sentences a piece.  No loss, but again more is very welcome here.)

[b]Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it;[/b]  (This isn't necessary right now, but I would like to have a fair idea of what you see your personal dungeons appearing as before we get there, should we get there.  This ties into your personal issues, your darkness of the heart, etc etc.  Anything is welcome here so long as it has related creatures and a Shadow Clone beast in store for us at the end.  Beyond that, go nuts.  About six different monsters is enough, pics or not are your choice.  I leave the rest to you.)

TheHangedOne

For the moment, I'm interested. Let's see who else shows up, before I make a character, though.  :-)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Vergil1989

Glad to have you at the moment then HangedMan lol.  Here's hoping we get a good group you can get behind.   ;D  I figured out a setting as well as a general time, I'll be putting that up shortly after I check the wiki for a few more details.  It WILL be in Inaba though, but not as you might remember it from P4.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Vergil1989

After the events of P4.....
Setting Location;  Inaba, Japan
Current Date;  June 5, 2018

Seven years after the murders of several peoples in Inaba took place, and peace has returned to Inaba, Japan.  A lot has changed however during those seven years, the least of which is the reopening of the mines that helped put Inaba on the map originally during its initial founding.  Instead of coal being dug up, (although that is still brought to the surface when it's found,) gold is now the major source of income for the small community, breathing new life that not even Junes can put down despite still being the major source of all things commercial here in town.  The shopping district has been reborn with several new places opened up, giving new life to Inaba and her residents.  (Hint hint.)  The important thing here however, is telling what happened to those that helped make our current successes possible despite most of the true story still being hidden behind the fog that used to roll in like clockwork during the murders that were taking place here in town, starting with Yosuke Hanamura.

Yosuke Hanamura - After the events that took place in Inaba, Yosuke stayed to help run Junes until his father retired a year ago, giving control of the Inaba branch to his son.  Yosuke stepped up to the plate despite still being a bit of a goof around his friends, (which he holds dear even now with the murders over and done with,) and he runs the place with a fair yet firm demeanor to employees while maintaining a busy college day, going for his Major in business to help further his chances of making Junes and the shopping district a far better place for all.

Chie Satonaka - After the serial murder case that ended with the arrest of one corrupt young cop, Chie shortly afterward took on the role of a detective in training under Ryotaro Dojima of the Inaba Police.  Finishing school with high marks and following in her chosen path, Chie is a promising young cop that the town of Inaba can be proud of.  Despite being unable to use her power as a Persona user in this world, she still possesses great strength and skill learned from her time traveling with her best friends that she uses to help bring down any criminals she comes into contact with.

Kanji Tatsumi - Despite being the former bully around Inaba, Kanji straightened himself out when the murders started up and he was rescued by the group responsible for bringing in the guy that causing them all.  The old saying that opposites attract seems to have held true since he and Naoto Shirogane married just last year, the former 'biker' leader finding the courage to admit what he felt for the Detective 'Prince'(sess).  In an even more surprising turn, Naoto said yes after some convincing from their old group of friends.  He now currently runs his grandmother's textile shop, the old woman finally passing just a couple years ago.

Naoto Shiorgane - Her involvement in the case helped find and capture the true villain behind the whole thing, but not before almost tossing a 'mostly' innocent man behind bars after finding him in the other world with Nanako in tow.  Saving the innocent youngster and helping to defeat the powered up and partly insane delivery man that had been kidnapping everyone no thanks to Dojima's former partner who was the real one responsible for all the trouble, Naoto no longer hid who she truly was from the other officers who thought for the longest time she was a he.  Not only that, but she ended up marrying Kanji of all people, just proving the fact that opposites truly do attract.  She currently is a true officer of the law and not just a detective, following in her dead parents' footsteps while making her own along the way.

Rise Kijikawa - Rise, AKA, Risette, is back in showbiz but not as her former personality as a teen pop idol.  Instead, she's gotten her own talk show where even without her Persona skills as an analyst, she is still able to help people with whatever problems they come to her with despite her own young age.  Even with her busy schedule, Rise still finds the time to come to Inaba almost weekly to hang out with her old crew of friends during the serial murders that almost took her own life along with all of her friends.  She still visits Teddie in the other world from time to time as well, where while he might be forever stuck since the end of the case, is very happy to still have friends that care for him.

Yukiko Amagi - Yukiko indeed inherited her family's inn two years ago after finishing school, and went on to marry Yu Narukami, (the protagonist,) just last year three months after Kanji and Nauto's own.  The happy couple runs the Amagi Inn together, Yu having decided to stay in Inaba with his own parents' blessings although his old friends back in the city were crushed at losing the man in such a manner.  The couple have a baby girl to their name that bears the same name of Dojima's deceased wife.  Eva Amagi is currently one year old.
  (My personal favorite of the lot thus far.   ;D.  I couldn't find Dojima's former wife's name so made up my own.)

Teddie - Despite being stuck in the Midnight Channel world, Teddie is back in business as guardian of the old world where his friends from the human world still come to visit him as often as they can.  The world he once knew has returned to its peaceful origins, becoming a beautiful place that is safe to visit anytime of the year, foggy on our side or not.  Still, it does get 'beary' lonely, but with newcomers coming in the form of new friends and new family to his old friends, Teddie is a very happy bear that still possesses his Persona, just like all the rest of his friends, and uses its power to keep the few remaining Shadows in check if they ever decide to rise up to cause problems.

persona 4-reach out to the truth(official lyrics)

((This isn't done so will be adding edits, but wanted to get a reply up to Hanged.))

I believe I said that you could Hanged buddy, so yes, go nuts as long as they fit your Arcana of choice and all that as I asked earlier lol.

TheHangedOne

I'm leaning towards the Moon arcana, and throwing ideas around for having a Persona that's sort of like Fuka's. 
Check out my poet tree!

Vergil1989

Sounds like a plan to me Hanged.  I wasn't sure what to do with Teddie since the wiki didn't really cover what happened to him at the end of P4, although none of the characters really had much to offer after everything was said and done, but Teddie least of all for some reason.  That's why I didn't include him in the list though, but if anyone knows for sure or has some ideas as to what to do with him, feel free to drop a line.  Otherwise, they are NPCs that can and will appear from time to time.

TheHangedOne

Maybe he wen the Midnight Channel realm? He could be, like, a custodian or guardian of it of some sort.
Check out my poet tree!

Vergil1989

I was thinking along those lines myself, just wasn't sure if it would fly lol.  Sounds good, now just need a good dark and foreboding world to drop everyone into whenever the mood strikes me.   >:)

Vergil1989

Name;  Abigail 'Abbs' Takeda
Gender; Female
Sexuality;  Bi
Age;  23
Appearance;
Eye Color;  Ocean blue
Hair Color/Style;  Long, pale silver hair the color of moonlight that hangs down to her butt.
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks;  Three piercings, one in her tongue, one in her bellybutton, and one in her clit.
Student or teacher?  Student
Teacher of/Student of?  Performing Arts, mainly acting professionally.
Job?  No
Job position/title if you have one;  NA
Arcana Choice;  The Fool.  (No Wild Card power though.)  http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Fool_Arcana
Summon Persona Preference;  Tarot Card
Other Means;  NA
Persona Name;  Rurouni
Persona Appearance; 
Powers and abilities; With super sonic speed and lightning fast strikes, this particular Persona is a swordsman without equal.  With powerful offensive skills used to defend his host, this wandering samurai is not to be taken lightly despite his human appearance.  His main element is lightning and he's weak against wind types of attacks.  Immune to light based magics.  (Won't be anywhere close to max 'level'.)
Persona Lore/History;  Rurouni was considered the best swordsman during the Meiji era of Japan's history.  A powerful assassin, the Manslayer took no prisoners and had no mercy for any that crossed his path, ruthlessly killing all those that opposed his ideals.  Once the war was over, Rurouni disappeared as quickly as he had appeared, becoming a wandering swordsman to atone for his past.
Weapon of Choice;;  Katana, the Japanese sword of choice for samurais and wandering ronin.  (Martial skill is in the Shinkendo style of fighting.)
Skills;  Cooking, cleaning, reading/writing in Japanese and English, speaking both languages easily as well, singing, fighting to some degree, and Shinkendo.
Hobbies;  Reading, watching anime, drawing, writing, listening to music, walking the countryside, singing mostly to herself, soccer, hanging out with friends.  (Basically anything that doesn't have anything to do with her family's dojo.)
Likes;  Reading, watching anime, listening to music, walking the countryside, singing, soccer, hanging out with friends, her parents, dogs, cats, birds, and fish.
Dislikes;  Her parents, (currently,) jerks, know-it-all people, bullies, snakes, spiders, lizards, unclean rooms, idiots, dishonest people, and unreliable people.
Quirks;  Tends to chew on her fingernails when she's nervous, which is rare.
Ons;  O/O page.
Offs;  O/O page.
Personality;  Despite no longer enjoying Shinkendo and the lessons it teaches to its students, Abigail has a calm mind and strong body underneath her beautiful exterior.  Her problems at home, while troublesome, doesn't normally affect her in any way in public.  Still, there are days she wishes the dojo would just burn down, thinking it would be the end of her parents' plans to get her into their area of study and practice despite no longer being together in any other sense of the word, but she also used to enjoy the art once upon a time.  Besides that, it would destroy their livelihood if it ever happened, something she would never truly wish on them despite how controlling they are sometimes.

Because of her love of the arts in many forms, Abigail has a fondness for anime of all sorts as well as books with richly detailed plots, giving rise to an imagination she keeps well hidden, as well as the short stories and drawings she does during her free time.  She has an entire section on her laptop dedicated to her stories and a notebook full of idle drawings of imagined places, people, etc.  If her hidden treasure trove of stories and drawings was ever discovered, Abby would most likely turn beet red in the face before running for the hills if confronted by a friend about it all, being too shy regarding her creativity to share it with anyone.
Personal History;  Abigail Takeda is the only daughter to Mary and Alexander Takeda, both masters of the Shinkendo art of sword fighting.  How two masters of the same art came together is a story in itself, but to put it simply, they met in a tournament, and Mary came out the winner.  Still, after ten years together, having Abbs a year after they had moved in together and gotten married, she was only nine when they split up.  Happiness was not theirs to keep after two miscarriages since they had both wanted to have more children, although they loved Abigail a great deal.  It was a hopeless dream after Abbs was born though, and eventually any happiness they had for each other faded.

Now, attending college to perform and to act at a professional level, Abigail is hoping she'll get away from her parents and their dojo which they still run together, but they are always at each other's throats when they don't have a class going together.  How two people that so clearly hate each other can still work together as well as they do is beyond Abigail's understanding, but however they do it, it seems to work.  Even so, they both try to control her and force her into their way of life, giving rise to the young woman's rebellious attitude when it comes to anything related to the dojo and training to be a master like them.  How can she honestly do such a thing and still keep her sanity?  Answer; she won't and can't imagine going into the family business which had moved from Tokyo to Inaba as it has, finding a place at the end of the Shopping District.

Abigail hasn't been in school long, but with the new college opened up on the edge of the flood plain, the former Shinkendo student enjoys a relatively good life when she's not home, putting on a brave face and a warm smile that hides her personal darkness and pain.  It's no secret she has problems at home, just that no one really stops to ask her how she truly feels about it all given her skill at hiding how deep the pain truly goes.  Some days she wishes the dojo would burn down to the ground so she wouldn't have to deal with it any longer, but she'd never say that aloud.  Besides, while she hates it now, she used to love learning about the way of the sword once upon a time, finding it fascinating and challenging, two things that keep Abigail in high spirits whenever she can find a new way to push herself.

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it; 

(A work in progress.  More waiting to see what others can come up with first before getting too far into my own I guess you could say.   ;D)

Vergil1989

There was a slight edit to the profile sheet, but nothing major guys and gals.  Sorry for the inconvenience though.

TheHangedOne

Name; Masateru Shine [Shine is the first name]
Gender; Male
Sexuality; Straight
Age; 20
Appearance;
Eye Color; Brown
Hair Color/Style; Brown, shoulder length, blond highlights
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks; Missing his left eye due to a childhood accident; wears an eye-patch instead, which has a stylized Third Eye symbol on it, in gold thread.
Student or teacher? N/A
Teacher of/Student of? N/A
Job?  Fortune Teller
Job position/title if you have one; N/A
Arcana Choice; Hanged Man
Summon Persona Preference;  Other
Other Means; Shine's persona-summoning ability is handicapped (which may eventually be fixed), in that he has to be physically injured (by himself, or another) for the Persona to manifest. He must do this because his belief is such that one can not gain power without making sacrifice; that for everything you gain in life, you in turn, must lose something.  It is because he feels this way that he can not just will his Persona into appearance; he must make a sacrifice of himself to it.
Persona Name; Beliza
Persona Appearance; Beliza appears as a pale, raven-haired, voluptuous woman adorned in a black and red outfit that has a variety of small, glittering crystals sewn into it. She carries a dozen trinkets in the form of pendant, earrings (6), anklets, wristbands, and a diadem; each of these 'trinkets' is marked with a rune, sigil, hieroglyph, or other symbol that has a meaning related to divination.
Powers and abilities; Beliza is capable of making a multitude of physical attacks, as well as charm based attacks. She shares her supernaturally fast healing with her master (think: Spring of Life), but above all of this is her ability to discern hidden and forbidden lore, as well as to reach out telepathically (much like Fuka's Persona in P3) to others. She is immune, and shares this immunity with her master, to mind-influencing effects (such as confusion, charm, etc.), while being weak to the elements of fire and light. She voids the element of darkness with infernal knowledge.
Persona Lore/History; Beliza is something of a glamorized movie vampire. Hundreds of years old, while still appearing quite youthful; sexual, predatory, and dominant. She is protective and nurturing in her own way, however. Her make-up is based partly on the Leanan Sidhe, which is known to seduce artists, and steal away their life, while driving them to even higher levels of artistic mastery.  In Beliza's case, one could safely replace 'art' with 'divination'. It should be noted that Beliza has appeared many times, in Shine's dreams, to the man, even before she manifested as a Persona. She is, in some ways, a muse, and spiritual guide.
Weapon of Choice;; Throwing knives/pocket knife
Skills; Divination (genuine power, not 'cold reading'), cooking, speaks English and Latin fluently, well versed in esoteric lore. 
Hobbies; Cooking, studying (Eastern European history, means of divination).
Likes; Being right, peace, quiet, cats.
Dislikes; Being wrong, disruptions, passionate non-believers; Those who ask for, and then fail to take seriously, his divinations.
Quirks;
Ons; Bondage, sexual domination.
Offs; See O/O
Personality;  Shine is a stout stoic, and quiet loner. Because he was injured in a car accident and lost his eye at a young age, he has suffered bullying and teasing at the hands of his peers. This has, in turn, driven him away from social interaction. However, he is able to put on a friendly face and demeanor when he interacts with his customers.
Personal History; Not a native to Inaba, Shine actually was born in the city of Sapporo. His mother was a Geisha, and his father owned a modestly successful ramen shop. A small Buddhist shrine in the area is where he usually spent his days, when not in school; other children were brought there by their parents to play someplace relatively safe.  This choice in playgrounds would have serious, unforeseeable consequences, however.

One day, while playing, their was a large, high speed collision by the shrine.  Metal chunks went flying everywhere, and Shine was close to the road at the time. A piece of shrapnel ended up flying right by his face, and, because of how he was positioned, damaged his left eye. Screams of pure, unadulterated pain and terror were enough to summon an adult, who was able to call emergency services and get people out there... however, the damage done to his eye was too severe. It ended up needing to be removed.

Recovering in the hospital from this accident, and learning how to see and do just about anything with the lack of peripheral vision and depth perception was a trying experience. What care free youth and innocence he had died on the day of his injury, and a quiet bitterness settled in.

The other children never understood what really happened; most probably didn't care to. All they knew was that Shine was different, and he was a loser with one eye. Their cutting jabs and remarks caused the boy to distance himself from social interaction, and instead saw him develop two obsessions. The first, like many kids, was one with video games (and he often times still carries his PlayStation Portable wherever he goes).

His second interest was spawned from the first. Oracles, prophecies, prophets, fortune telling... all of these things showed up in his favorite RPGs, and curiosity and free time drove him to research them.  Around the time he was fourteen, he was still sort of experimenting and playing around with Tarot cards, but had actually gotten eerily quite good at it.

Around the time he began studying other forms of divination (specifically, Runes), he performed a small ritual (similar to the Persona game) in order to create a spirit guide to help him as he continued down the path of divine enlightenment.

A strange, pale woman, began showing up in his dreams. Always looking the same, always feeling the same, always with this strange surrealness to her. He surely thought that that must be it, much to his own surprise. He could barely remember what happened in his dreams, though some times random thoughts and feelings stuck with him. 

As life carried on and he graduated from high-school, he decided to say to hell with the typical act of going to cram school and fighting to get into a college. To hell with becoming a businessman or something like that; he knew what he wanted to do in life. He also wanted a change of scenery.

The fact he went to Inaba may be divine providence, or mere coincidence, but the place had a strange appeal to him. He showed up about one year ago, after a vision he had, and which he can only remember in snippets. With money borrowed from his father, he set up a fortune telling parlor in the newly expanded shopping district.

His clientele is pretty far ranging, but usually seems to include middle-aged house wives wanting reassurances (and not always getting them), or by kids who just think it's kind of cool (and usually end up shocked when his predictions turn out right). Most people in Inaba know about the "One-eyed Seer".

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it; A hospital, a place that still frightens Shine and where he spent much time after the traumatic loss of his eye. The hospital has a noticeable tilt to it, making it moderately more difficult to fight and move through; vision here is distorted and lessened due to how dark it is, representations of how difficult it was for Shine to learn how to function with only one eye.
Monsters:
Ocular Phantoms: Literal, basket-ball sized, floating eye-balls. They use a lot of magic, null most magic, and are weak to physical attacks. Spawned from his obsession with the lost eye.
Blind Surgeon: Strikes out with surgeon's tools, dealing slashing/stabbing damage. No magical talent, weaknesses, or strength. Lab coat is covered in blood splatters, and there is gauze bandaging wrapped around both eyes, soaked with blood. Spawned from his fear of surgeons.
Nurse: Women in a nurse's outfit, they have featureless faces, appearing much like the nurses from Silent Hill. They know one spell (Dia), and attack with Bashing damage punches. Spawned by his hatred of the nurses, and their boundless optimism.
Table Poltergeist: What appears to be a table that is animated and attacks with Bashing damage hits. Spawned by all the times he crashed into a table while trying to figure out how to walk after his injury.
Check out my poet tree!

Vergil1989

For a work in progress I am so looking forward to the finished product Hanged buddy.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Starlequin

Name: Takeo Satoshi
Sexuality: Bisexual

Appearance:

Eye Color: Green
Hair Color/Style: See Image
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks: Satoshi wears a small jade pendant around his neck, a dark blue dragon tattoo on his right shoulder, and several nasty scars and needle track marks up and down his left arm.

Student or teacher? Student
Teacher of/Student of? Chemistry

Job? No
Job position/title if you have one: N/A

Arcana Choice: Magician
Summon Persona Preference: Other
Other Means: Satoshi spends a lot of time in the chemistry labs, and during his studies has developed a rather unusual concoction with very unique properties. Using his own blood as a base, and pure will as a catalyst, Satoshi brews arcane alchemical potions that, when used, allow him to summon a powerful and deadly incarnation of his own psyche. He keeps several vials of his potions on his person at all times, in a small pouch on his belt.

Persona Name: Simon Magus
Persona Appearance: 

Powers and abilities: Simon, much like Satoshi, moves fast and thinks faster. He wields a long, double-hooked rod for physical attacks and conjuring. He has the ability to generate moderate barrier shields to protect himself and Satoshi from lower-end physical attacks, and wields power over the elements, especially fire and wind, but is weak against darkness magics. His physical power is below average, but he has an above average critical strike rate to make up for it.
Persona Lore/History: Hundreds of years ago, Simon Magus was one of the greatest wizards and conjurers of his age, known far and wide for his quick wit and magical prowess. Many wealthy merchants and nobles patronized him for his talents, and he served as court magician for many rich and royal houses. That is, until a new sorcerer appeared and challenged his abilities. Simon was defeated and publicly humiliated by the newcomer, whose powers were drawn from a Faustian bargain. In a desperate rage, Simon sought out another demon and struck his own bargain for power; however, his anger made him careless in his dealing with the spirit. His power increased greatly, but Simon was trapped in limbo until someone in the living world summoned him back. Since his imprisonment, he has languished in the between spaces, longing for even the smallest measure of freedom. Now he aids Satoshi as best he can, in exchange for the freedom the summoner affords him

Weapon of Choice: Satoshi uses a 1.5" thick, 6' oaken staff with a heavy crystal haft on one end, a perfect tool for focusing eldritch energies and casting powerful spells. Also useful for thwonking monsters -- and smart-ass summoners -- in the head.

Skills: Research, compounding, analysis, cooking, drink-mixing
Hobbies: Studying, reading, robotics, locksmithery, playing the piano
Likes: Rainy days, well-stocked labs, solitude, music, mystery novels, coffee
Dislikes: Snow, crowds, tasteless jokes, sappy romance, idiots with authority
Quirks: Likes to run his fingers over objects, but doesn't like to be touched
Ons: O/O page
Offs: O/O page

Personality: Satoshi is rather friendly on the outside, but he often gives the impression (whether true or false) that his friendship comes at a price. At times subtle and obvious by turns, he has a knack for sniffing out the secrets and weaknesses of others; however, what his purpose in seeking such knowledge could be is shrouded in uncertainty. It's possible Satoshi himself doesn't even know, and simply does it out of a compulsion to possess knowledge that others would deny him. As a result, he doesn't really have many real friends, but this doesn't seem to bother him very much. Those who do hang around him, however, are often wary of him, and afford him the cautious respect of a snake that could strike at any time.

Deeper down, however, Satoshi is much colder than he seems. He does have empathy for others -- somewhere -- but it's a hard thing to find, and only the worthiest will ever see it. Be it because of genuine cruelty or simply well-concealed loneliness, his heart seems wrapped in an endless winter of contempt, and it will take a great deal of effort to break through the icy shell of his soul. Of course, whether there is a secret kernel of warmth and humanity that lies within Satoshi, or just more ice, is another thing entirely...

Personal History: Takeo Satoshi is the only son of pharmaceutical magnate Takeo Ichirou, one of the richest men in Japan. His three younger sisters (Sakuya, Mokoto, and Mai) still live at home under their father's domineering thumb, but Satoshi has lived away from home for almost seven years now. Boarding schools in America and Switzerland have afforded him a top-notch education, and Satoshi has often been at the top of his classes, especially in science and math courses. His sisters are showing equal ability in their own schoolwork, but their father appears intent on keeping them at home, possibly planning to use them as collateral in business mergers with other companies. Satoshi hopes the girls will be able to break away from their father's control as he has.

Mr. Takeo no doubt dreams of his son taking the reins of his business empire and expanding their holdings to epic proportions, but Satoshi has other ideas. His fascination with chemical reactions and their myriad effects have led him to several interesting discoveries, including compounds that accelerate the body's natural healing mechanisms and produce powerful psychedelic hallucinations. Satoshi may take over his father's business, but it's unlikely he'll take it anywhere Mr. Takeo will approve of.

Satoshi transferred to the university in Inaba to complete his Masters Degree in chemistry, and not at all because of a certain incident with two very strapping, very hostile rugby players at his previous school. Besides, the fire department arrived and extinguished the flames before either of the young men could be completely consumed, and the last Satoshi heard they were both eating solid food again, so no harm done. His father was able to use his considerable influence to keep things hushed up and smoothed over, but only on the condition that Satoshi found a new school to finish his education. The Takeo family agreed, and now Satoshi attends Inaba University on a sort of familial probation.

Currently Satoshi lives in a small but comfortable campus apartment and receives a generous stipend each month from his family trust. As a result, he has a great deal of free time, much of which is spent in either the school's library or science labs, working on various experiments. He hasn't made many friends in Inaba yet, and doesn't have many plans to do so. However, when studying a subject as volatile as chemistry, who knows what will happen?

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it: Satoshi's inner dungeon takes the form of a vast, frozen library, with biting arctic winds and blinding blizzards swirling through miles of corridors of book shelves that stretch to the heavens and run as far as the eye can see. Traps are scattered throughout, assailing those who dare to enter with rains of quill pen darts and floods of cold, black ink, and ferocious little monsters (including imps, winged harpies, and packs of wolves) formed from shards of ice and the tattered pages of unfinished and forgotten books stalk through the labrynthine halls, seeking to rend and tear the flesh of any fool that challenges their domain. The dungeon is controlled by Satoshi's shadow, a vicious and sadistic being that takes the form of Satoshi's own sillouhette, black and empty as the starless sky, and just as pitiless. Can Satoshi come to terms with the darkness within himself? Does he even want to?

pendarious

Name; Shiryuu Ayane(Ayne is her first name)
Gender;Female
Sexuality; Bi
Age; 20
Appearance;
Eye Color;Green
Hair Color/Style;kept in a ponytail
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks; has a tattoo of a fox running this stretches across her back and shoulders
Student or teacher? student
Teacher of/Student of? Archeology
Job? Clerk at Junes
Job position/title if you have one; cashier
Arcana Choice; Death Arcana
Summon Persona Preference; evoker gun
Other Means; N/A
Persona Name; Hades
Persona Appearance; Hades appearance is that of a tall figure wearing a long black duster coat, black shirt under that with black pants, boots, and gloves. His exposed head is that of a horse and he has a musketeer style hat. His weapon of choice is a sword with an obsidian colored blade.
Powers and abilities; He is a swift moving persona but he tires fairly quickly if he doesn’t take short pauses. His sword deals heavy dark damage and if it hits close to the eyes then it may inflict blindness for a short amount of time. When his full potential is achieved it will inflict festering wounds that will cause a sort of decay effect. He is weak to light type abilities.
Persona Lore/History; In ancient Greece he was Alexander the great however after his fall he angered hades the lord of the dead who absorbed him because he was a powerful soul. He now takes the form described above because this is the form that Ayane sees the keeper of the dead.
Weapon of Choice;; Ayane’s weapon of choice is a blade that has a similar appearance to the one her persona wields. Originally it was just a long sword but after the first time she summons her persona the blade is morphed to match the weapon of her persona.
Skills; a practitioner of fencing, can easily determine the authenticity of items, running swiftly
Hobbies; studying ancient civilizations and cultures, watching anime, listening to music, reading, playing video games, and fencing
Likes; anything she does as a hobby, tea, niku udon, and being alone
Dislikes; anyone she considers a jerk, crowded places, ignorant people, and people who try to sell fake items.
Quirks; has a tendency to say “the RNG gods must be angry” whenever something bad happens to her, she is able to sleep sitting/standing up
Ons; she has a bit of a foot fetish, she also really likes anal
Offs; urine, and scat and people who are really sick and include blood in sexual activities
Personality; Ayane is a relatively quiet girl who tends to avoid large crowds. She is loyal almost to a fault to anyone she considers a friend. She can be sarcastic. If anything though she is extremely blunt and forward about things.
Her blunt and forward nature makes her seem rather weird to many people. She also doesn’t care what other people think of her. If she doesn’t like someone she will tell them straight to their face.

Personal History; Ayane was born the daughter of Shiryuu Anise and shiryuu kouga. Anise was a history professor at Tokyo university until she settled down in Inaba after falling in love with one of her students who as it turned out was about 9 years older than her. Shiryuu Kouga was a miner at the coal mines of Inaba in the last years of its operation. Kouga then went to school in hopes of acquiring a degree so that he could get a new and better job. The two fell in love at the university. After they were married they settled down in Kouga’s hometown.
Ayane was born 2 years after their marriage. Kouga was now a police officer and Anise a teacher at the local high school. Much of Ayane’s youth was spent running around causing trouble for people. She was a wild and rambunctious child. However one day she went a little too far and with the help of some of her friends set a neighbors car on fire. The police were called in and she had to face her father. After this she settled down and tried to everything she could to please her father. Her behavior changed, her grades in school improved, she never did anything that would risk breaking the law again.
She is now in the local community college for a two year prep program before transferring to Tokyo University. She is a model student and is referred to as a recluse. It’s all because she doesn’t like large crowds.

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it; the dungeon itself takes on the form of a pyramid which symbolizes her love of ancient architecture. It is filled with a labyrinth and many traps. Monsters include mummies, Anubis type statues (these are monsters who look like statues of the god Anubis that hover and shoot poisonous gas at their targets)flaming chariots, snakes, and spiders. The boss of the dungeon is her shadow. The shadow at first looks like Ayane but then transforms into a naga like being with a scythe for a weapon.

let it be noted that the personality that I've described is the personality she shows to everyone. the dungeon is a sort of laydown of past horrors and inner thoughts which i'll go more into detail on when we actually go into it.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Bloody Rose

Bah I wish I knew about persona I would had joined if I did, good luck people

Vergil1989

Very beautifully done Pend man.  A few grammar issues but nothing serious.  Keep up the awesome work and we'll have an awesome group in no time lol.  And Star, sorry I didn't see your profile sooner.  You too have done an awesome job and I hope that this group continues to grow bigger lol.  We MIGHT have enough people to get a start on this, but I'm hoping for at least two more completed profiles before I get too far ahead of myself.  Zara, you don't have to know about Persona or the games they came from.  I'll be explaining everything and already have to some degree already in the first couple of posts, just read up if you feel the need to join in my friend.  If not, I understand and wish you luck as well pal.

Bloody Rose

I would but I know next to nothing, to start I dont know what roles the arcana cards play in this or a lot of other questions, I would love to join but my knowledge its none existent

Vergil1989

The Arcanas are basically personality types in a sense, symbolizing what each person is most like in Tarot Card form.  It's more than that however, signifying a journey that all Persona users take together, growing stronger as a person, and once a certain point is reached, their powers increase as their hearts and minds become balanced in every sense of the word, so to speak.  It's a lot more deep than that but that's the gist of the Arcana for you lol.  Each Arcana has certain Personas attached to them, for example the Magician Arcana are full of magically empowered warriors and sorcerers, gods, or demons, etc.  I am happy to answer whatever you wish or direct you to the wiki page so you can research on your own, whatever you like my friend.

Bloody Rose

Vergil1989

They took the IM Web service off the net and I don't know how to use the one in the Mail Service unfortunately.  I do however have AIM if you want to talk there.

Bloody Rose

Empyrean

pendarious

Vergil1989

Solstice

Oh... my. What is this? A Persona roleplay? Hm.

Color me interested, yes indeed.

I've played through P3 about one-and-a-half times, am familiar with the basic outline of P4, and... would say I'm probably interested in this, aye.

I'll hopefully put something together character-wise tomorrow or the day after, after taking a while to re-read over your take on this and mulling about things for a while. Assuming you're still looking for more people, which... I presume you are, judging by "big group wanted."

I'm thinking High Priestess Arcana, buuuut. Iunno yet. Not certain.
Apoloies & Absences - Updated 11/16/2014 - Around and available? Hopefully?

Vergil1989

I don't believe Priestess has been chosen yet but I could be wrong.  Still, I'd be happy to have you aboard and yes, I am still looking for a few more people yet.  Welcome aboard if you do get a profile going.

pendarious

To my knowledge we have; Hanged man, magician, death, and fool. i may have missed one but i'm not sure.

Solstice

We also have someone who mentioned they were considering Moon, if I'm not mistaken.

Hm. I'm considering Tower as well, obviously as a rather... different, character archetype from High Priestess.

Two questions!
The first, you do want us to be associated directly with the school, right? Just--confirming, so I know what directions to take or not when brainstorming.

And, the second: Any particular limitations you want on personas (exist in mythology, are more than X years old, whatnot), or just... run wild, within reason?

Vergil1989

You can use a premade Persona from any of the past 4 games, or make up your own within reason.  I made up my own, the Persona I chose being a Japanese assassin from the Meiji Era.  (Ever see Rurouni Kenshin?   :P)  All that aside, creating your own within reason is perfectly cool by me as well.  Also, no, you don't have to be related to the college at all or Inaba for that matter, moving in as you like so feel free to go nuts on that end as well lol.

Starlequin

Whew, finally got mine completed. Let me know if i went too far off base with anything, Vergil, and I'll knock it into shape.

Vergil1989

The only small problem I have is the fact he's able to summon his Persona with potions.  The way you make it sound is that he already has his Persona, but that can't be the case here since the events that allow new people to attain such power hasn't happened yet.  Beyond that and a simple clarification on your part will help clear up any doubts I have, but otherwise it's an awesome profile Star.

Starlequin

Ah, so we don't have our personas at game start. Gotcha. My bad; will rectify that soon.

Vergil1989

It's all good Star.  Take your time and make it good when you can, no rush.  As soon as Zara gets his profile up and going I'll get the OOC as well as the IC going.

Vergil1989

I should have said as soon as one other person gets a profile up lol.  At any rate, I am still accepting a few profiles yet even after the last one to get things going for the RP.

Solstice

Sorry to pester with another question--

If personas were canonically used in the series (e.g. Metis, Io, Orpheus), are they still fair game, or would you rather they retain that more iconic status?

Vergil1989

As long as they aren't any of the original P4 Personas any canon created Personas are free game hun.  No worries on asking questions though, I don't mind at all.   ;D

Solstice

Well, I was going to go and edit my post, but you already answered it. >_>

-Koff-

P3, and I believe P4, did part-way-through "upgrades" on most people's personas; are you plannign to incorporate that?

Bloody Rose

Name; Natsume Mirukuma
Gender; Female
Sexuality; Unsure
Age;  21
Appearance; 
Eye Color; Purple
Hair Color/Style; Green
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks; Scar on her stomach that looks like a stab wound healed up. Tattoo of her lower back about a tribal of roses.
Student or teacher? Student
Teacher of/Student of?  Psychology
Job? N/A
Job position/title if you have one;  N/A
Arcana Choice;  Star Arcana
Summon Persona Preference;  Arcana Card
Persona Name;  Chandra
Persona Appearance;
Powers and abilities;Fire Control, Create and Use. She was also summon a very powerful fire lance that she uses for fighting as well as a whip.

Persona Lore/History;  Chandra it’s one of the seven plainswalker of the great world of Gaia. She with the other six walkers protected the gateway to Gaia unless called for more personal missions. She it’s known to be ruthless to any enemy before her and she does not take kind to innocent’s getting hurt.

Weapon of Choice;; Long Fire Sword called ‘Atima’ and a fire whip called ‘Mitrude’

Skills; Writing, Singing, Cooking, Swimming.
Hobbies;Cooking, Having fun, Reading, Surfing on the internet.
Likes; Computers, Swimming, Cooking, Having fun with her friends, Making others smile.
Dislikes;Gross Stuff, Showing her body (For now), Allowing others to get too deep inside her heart.
Quirks; She tends to be the one who cheers everybody up. She loves to see others smile even if she has to do something that would humiliate her in order to get it.
Ons;For now, nothing stuff will be added as she discovers it.
Offs; Again what I said on Om’s.
Personality;  She is a happy girl, she is the girl that can be friends with just about anybody if they let her. She can be pretty fun to be around often telling jokes or putting herself in embarrassing situations in order to get others to laugh. She just loves the feeling she gets when other people laugh because of something she did or said. She keeps her past hidden from anybody perhaps because that is the thing that can cause this happy girl to show her true personality.

In fact she is indeed happy but however she is calmer than what she shows. She uses a mask in front of people, especially males. Acting childish she hopes to have boys see her more as a friend than a partner. When the past comes into question she usually makes up a excuse to get away from the group not really wanting to reveal her past. She is a box full of chocolates you never know what she is going to give you.

Personal History; Life it’s not that easy, especially for Natsume. Daughter of a middle class family she got everything she ever wanted in life with her parents, both good loving folks. Her life was pretty normal at the beginning of her life, she had a lot of friends and was loved by everybody around her, she had a very good childhood. Her parents loved her to death, however it all changed one night. It was a family meeting, there were drinks and party all around, a new year arrived full of opportunities and new hopes for the family. Nat was with her parents, at the time she was barely eight years old. The night was nearly over and her parents wanted to get home, however her dad was drinking and he got up to the driver’s seat much to the fight of his wife. Guessing what happened could be as easy as pie, his car hit a tree sending her wife outside the car hitting the tree in front of her, she was declared dead a couple of hours later in the hospital.

Ever since then Nat’s father started drinking, and with drinking came his rage that was inflected on the poor Nat. She was constantly abused and beaten by her father making her leave her house often and just escape to her friends house which granted her more beatings once her father got her back. However when she turned sixteen his father could not see her as a child but a woman and with that came his needs, physical needs. During the next two years she was the subject to constant rapes by the hands of her own father. Two years later she finally decided that enough was enough and went to the police which they caught him easily enough and sent him to jail.

Now with her past out of her life she enrolls to the university. With her new life came new opportunities. However her past still haunted her not making her able to get into any real relationships, in her mind her body was dirty because what her father did to her. She started acting differently, more childish in hopes to get people to think of her as a friend and not a sex partner, she didn’t wanted to stain them with her dirty body.

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it; I was thinking of something with her old home. The rest I leave to you.

Vergil1989

Vergil1989

The OOC and the Character Roster threads are open for business.  Check the first post on the first page to get your stuff going while I get the IC ready.  Adios for now guys and gals.

Vergil1989

The first IC thread is up.  If more is needed I'll be sure to add them to the OOC, but for now enjoy the start of things.

pendarious

Vergil1989

TheHangedOne

I finished my character sheet.  I also like the looks of the other characters popping up.  :-)

By the way, Vergil, a friend of mine is considering playing my character's Persona. Just thought I should give a heads-up.
Check out my poet tree!

Florence

O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Vergil1989

Other than your history is too short and your Persona is far too strong from all intents and purposes MissFire, unless we get yours near the end, you are good to go.  Everyone won't be anywhere near full strength or able to use moves you have listed, but the closer you are to the end of getting your Persona, the more likely it'll be that you would start out with at least a few of those moves you have listed.  We have too many girls however, so I would ask that we get a few guys into the mix as soon as possible.  We have by my count two guys and four girls.

Hanged, love the finished product my friend.  And sure, you're more than welcome to have a friend play your Persona, but are they planning to make a character as well or no?  I'd prefer they did but I can work with whatever I can get lol.  At any rate, feel free to take your time and get things going when you can buddy.  Adios!

Finn buddy, there is TONS of room left yet lol.

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Vergil1989

You can still join MissFire, just that the strength of your Persona would require us to get yours somewhere near the end of saving everyone after they're kidnapped unless you tone it down a bit.  Sorry to be so picky, I love your idea, but having a goddess as your starting Persona and not as your ultimate form of her seems a bit much is all.  If you want her to be your ultimate form of your power, that's totally fine, but you'd still need to find a weaker version of Pallas Athena is the only thing.

MissFire

Nah. Thanks anyway. I worked far too hard on that profile to compromise it. Best of luck here.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Vergil1989

Suit yourself MissFire, but it really wouldn't have been that hard to make it work goofus.  Still, hopefully we'll get to play together again in the future hun.

Empyrean

Name; Miki Ishinaka
Gender; Female
Sexuality;  Straight
Age;  19
Appearance: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/1034704/bag-belt-black_eyes-black_hair-breasts-long_hair-l
Eye Color; Black
Hair Color/Style; Black, worn long to her midback
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks; None
Teacher of/Student of? Business
Job? Secretary to the mine owner
Job position/title if you have one;  Executive Personal Assistant
Arcana Choice;  Empress
Summon Persona Preference; Tarot Card
Persona Name;  Yukihime
Persona Appearance; http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/885045/black_hair-breasts-full_moon-genzoman-ghost-grave-
Powers and abilities; Ice/Analysis. Yukihime is capable of generating icy blasts and blizzard winds, but she is horribly weak to fire. Skills: Bufu/Mabufu, Bufula/Mabufula, Bufudyne/Mabufudyne, Niflheim, Full Analysis, Certain Escape, Third Eye, Healing Wave, Relaxing Wave.
Persona Lore/History;  Yukihime is a yuki-onna, the spirit of a woman who died in a snowstorm. Yuki-onna are known for being beautiful, serene, and occasionally murderous and evil. Sometimes they're tragic or even nurturing figures instead of malevolent ones.
Weapon of Choice;: Straight sword 
Skills;  Fencing training, computer skills, cooking (though she keeps that a secret)
Hobbies; Cooking, fencing, online gaming, sketching
Likes; Nature, cooking, drawing, symphonic and ambient music
Dislikes; Pushy people, being ordered around, being messy, being alone.
Quirks;  Stares off into space a lot.
Ons;  Stuff will be added as she discovers it.
Offs;  Ditto. Though death is a big off.
Personality;  Miki was once a very kind girl. As a child she was very outgoing and friendly. That all changed when her family came into money. Nowadays Miki is extremely introverted. She spends a lot of time lost in her own thoughts or in her books or games, speaks very softly, and is very easily startled. She doesn't speak up much at all. In fact, she tries as hard as possible to pretend that she isn't there at all, and is surprised when someone directly addresses her.

Personal History;  Miki was born as the only child of the Ishinaka family. At first, her life was good. Loving, hard-working parents. A decent home in a good neighborhood in Tokyo. Nothing to complain about. Until she was eleven she had nothing to complain about, and indeed, dreamed of becoming a marine biologist. She used to love the sea and wanted to spend her life in the waters.

Everything was fine until a year after the events in Inaba. Miki's father Satoshi, once a mere salaryman with ambitions for greater things, heard about the opportunity to own some property in the countryside. Satoshi was the type who always had a side-hustle going, and when he heard about the Inaba mines, he thought he could make some yen digging out the remaining coal. He used his and his wife's life savings to buy the mines. Satoshi's wife Hitomi was not pleased about not being consulted about this purchase, and the resulting arguments led to an ugly and bitter divorce. Satoshi got custody of Miki in the battle.

Close to a year later the mines started producing gold as well as residual coal. Satoshi was suddenly a rich man, and with wealth came pretension. No more two-bedroom apartment for him, oh no. Now came the mansion. The fleet of expensive cars. The maids (who also doubled as a live-in harem for him). And of course, the boarding school. Satoshi was eager to be seen as one of society's elite, and that meant that his daughter couldn't go to a mere public school. Miki learned quickly and harshly to fit within her father's expectations of a "proper child". Miki became less his daughter and as much of a trophy of his achievements as the maid harem and the fancy cars.

Still, she was a smart girl, and aced her university exams with flying colors. Satoshi has decided that Miki needs to understand business to inherit the mines and the business he's built around them. Whether she wanted to learn about it or not. Controlling her finances as well as her home made it easy for him to pressure her into pursuing a Business major at the university in the town that made him rich. Satoshi loves to flaunt his wealth about Inaba, and having his daughter attending the university is seen as a sign of his patronage and good will, in his eyes. He's even assigned her maids, a staff, and purchased a home and car for her. Despite her wishes, he's paid good money to the university to permit her staff to attend and fuss over her even at school. He's also made the (in his mind) great personal sacrifice of not hiring another smoking hottie to be his secretary. To show his appreciation for family values, he's "gifted" (more like ordered) her to serve as his secretary and learn more about the family business from the inside. She's largely resigned herself to this life, and tries to escape it as much as possible by daydreaming and playing games. 

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it;  Her dungeon theme would be of a undersea palace made entirely of gold, incredibly beautiful but deadly and oppressive. The place is a maze, decorated as if for a grand party. The sounds of revelry can be heard coming from everywhere and nowhere. Open books and the screens of portable gaming devices serve as portals between places. The shadows here resemble elegant dancers and luxury goods given freakish life and forms.

(I can't get the pics loaded in here for some reason, so I just put the links in.)

Vergil1989

It's all good Empyrean, but the only problem I have is the same I had with Missfire.  Your Persona is extremely powerful UNLESS you plan to gain those skills over time, in which case it's cool.  Beyond that though, love what you have going and can't wait to see how things go lol.

Empyrean

Yeah I plan for her to start with basic Ice and Analysis powers and work up to the major stuff over time.

Vergil1989

That's cool then.  Feel free to get into the OOC, the character thread, and then go for the IC my friend.  Enjoy the ride!

pendarious

Vergil1989

Indeed lol.  Still waiting on replies from Star and Empyrean, but there's no rush by any means, just hoping that I can get the mines and the disaster going before the weekend's over is all.  If not it's cool, it's just me being bored and eager to get things going is all lol.

pendarious

Solstice

If you haven't managed to fill up yet, I should have something up today.

And, well, if the profile ends up being problematic, I'll have two discarded fallbacks to put up instead. =O

EDIT'd: Actually, Verg; would you be interested at all in hearing the cliff notes versions of my various ideas? I've got... well, a few, but am not sure how well they might mesh with the group you've got so far.

DarkRose15

Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

TheHangedOne

Hey, Dark.  :-) Verg, this would be my friend who's interested in playing Beliza.
Check out my poet tree!

pendarious

DarkRose15

Starlequin

Hiya Solstice, DarkRose, welcome to...well, the interest thread! I hope you both get to join the game soon!

Empyrean

Vergil1989

Sorry for the long ass delay in getting replies up to you all wonderful people.  Dark Rose, Solstice, I'd be more than happy to have you both here in any capacity.  And sure, I'd be happy to listen to a few cliff notes of what you have in mind.  There's still tons of room to be had so feel free to drop profiles in whenever you like.

Solstice

Characteeer.... sheet. Will post it in the sheets thread once Vergil okays it.

Name: Chisato Arikawa (or, Arikawa Chisato, in the family-name-first style)
Sexuality:  Repressed, with bisexual tendencies.
Appearance:
Chisato's of slightly below-average height (even for Japan), barely five feet tall, and light-weight even for her stature. That's absolutely intentional; she's careful not to eat too much, and not to work out too much, having maintained the same idealized physique for the past few years.

Her shoulder-length hair is naturally a rich, dark brown; she's quite fond of styling it, and takes good care of it. Rarely, she'll dye it, though typically not in any long-term sense.

Chisato is, to put it bluntly, gorgeous by most standards, though perhaps not really beautiful. She has the kind of looks that ensure if people were asked to vote on how attractive any group of people is, would ensure she beats out the competition (which, in fact, has happened).

She's got an impressive bust for one of her frame--and, in fact, is not permitted to gain or lose too much weight, be it muscle or fat, to ensure her proportions remain ideal. Similarly, she's always meticulously well-groomed: perfectly-filed painted nails, soft and unblemished skin, well-tended clothes, smooth and soft hair. It's not eerie natural grace: she spends a great deal of money on cosmetics, and time with applying them.

That being said, she's rarely seen in public looking like that. Chisato has several wigs she wears in her day-to-day life, and can do incredibly things to change her hair style with only a minute or two to do so. She usually wears a pair of glasses--purely cosmetic, but they do wonders to change her facial appearance. Finally, she has literally dozens of prominent sets of earrings to choose from, and tends to clothes that will hide her build.

Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color/Style: Dark brown and shoulder-length, with varying styles; typically, though, she'll leave it down.
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks: None

Teacher of/Student of?  Literature

Job: Model
Job position: Primarily models for fashion magazines, occasionally features in ads for various forms of cosmetics and clothing.
Arcana Choice:  Moon
Summon Persona PreferenceL  Tarot card

Persona Name: Kaguya-hime

Persona Appearance:
Kaguya-hime is an inhumanly beautiful woman. She has ankle-length black hair, with bangs cut to eyebrow-length and parted to either side of her face.

Kaguya wears a heavy, voluminous red kimono that trails on the ground behind her, embroided elegantly, primarily with images of birds in flight.

Powers and abilities: Kaguya possesses immunity to fire and darkness, along with resistance to light and ice.

She's a magically-oriented persona, with mild restorative abilities. In a more meta-sense, this would be Light-, Wind-, Ice-, and Lightning- elemented spells, being too 'graceful' for Fire. Naturally, they'd start weak, and gradually scale up in potency as time progresses and her power advances. Her healing abilities, while appreciable largely due to her significant magical abilities, would lag behind her offensive ones.

Kaguya has disproportionately high magical abilities and can take quite a beating, though her physical powers are negligible, her defenses sub-par, and her agility merely average. In a nutshell, she's a "front-line caster", with little recourse beyond sustaining her allies when her magic is, for whatever reason, ineffective.

Persona Lore/History:
Princess Kaguya, in mythology, was the immortal princess of a civilization which lived on the moon. For a crime against her people, she was banished to the Earth for many years.

On Earth, Kaguya-hime was found as an infant hidden inside a tree by a woodcutter. He and his wife named her Kaguya, and raised her as her own child. She eventually grew up to a woman of extraordinary beauty. As word of her supernatural beauty spread, people were attracted from across the nation to ask for her hand in marriage.

Kaguya was wooed by many men, including several princes and Japan's own emperor. At her father's insistence, she agreed to marry; however, she gave all of her suitors impossible tasks, retrieving legendary items for her as a wedding gift. All, inevitably, failed, some dying in the attempt.

However, by the time her exile had come to an end, Kaguya found that she cared for the people of Earth. Even so, though she wished to remain, she was not permitted to do so.

In the end, Kaguya returned to the heavens. The soldiers sent from the moon to retrieve her gave her an enchanted feathered robe; when she put it on, she was robbed of all compassion she had for the people of Earth.

Weapon of Choice: Naginata or bare hands; she had a bit of practice with the former for sport, and does a little bit of martial arts for exercise. And, for use against ordinary people--pepper spray!

Skills: Able to change clothes, apply makeup, and style her hair in mere minutes! And, more seriously, can change her appearance enough to pass for someone else (without a detailed observation, at least) with little more than makeup and creativity.
Hobbies: Karaoke (she's not great at it), drawing (same, though better).
Dislikes: Feeling like the center of attention in her personal life.
Quirks: She has a tendency to change her earrings on the fly--while sitting at a restaurant, during a class, and so forth. A few extra pairs are always in her purse.
Ons: O/O page covers it all, really.
Offs: Same as above!

Personality:
Chisato is, for the most part, an upbeat person. She's cheery and enthusiastic, maintaining an optimistic-but-realistic attitude in most situations. She's not the sort to think that everything will work out well, but rather, believe everything is bound to work out better if she tries her best to improve things than if she sits around doing nothing.

At the same time, she (usually) has enough social intelligence to know when being perky and happy will just make those around her feel worse, and to moderate her behavior accordingly.

Chisato's bright, though not brilliant by any means. She's attending school largely as part of a quest to find some stronger sense of self-worth.

It's not that she has any problems with being a model. She genuinely enjoys it, and to an extent the attention it brings. Indeed, she looks forward to when she'll be doing it full-time, and the mention of roles in acting once she's not preoccupied with college.

What troubles her, however, is that she feels no sense of accomplishment from it. As Chisato sees it, she is a successful model because she is pretty. There's nothing wrong with that, but she didn't do anything to get where she is. In some ways, it feels like being successful because of luck and genetics is worse than not being successful at all, because there's nothing she can pride herself on as having accomplished purely through her own efforts and strength of will.

It's not all that true, but it's what she believes, and why she's going through college.

She also tends to feel like once people know she's a model they don't really get to know her: she stops being Chisato Arikawa, and becomes Chisato Arikawa The Model. They expect different things of her, both better and worse. While she's willing to accept the stereotypes, she feels as though it's impossible to ever overcome them.

Personal History:
Chisato, as tends to be the case, was born to two parents, one father (Ryouichi) and one mother (Yuko) Arikawa. She was the second child, with an older sister and younger brother.

Her early life was wholly unremarkable. Her family was upper-middle class, and while she and her siblings didn't always get along, they didn't fight more than was normal, either.

Kaede was scouted by a talent agency at a high school fair when she was a mere 14 years old. Her parents were skeptical, but she was young and wide-eyed enough to be thoroughly enthused by the idea of being a model. In reality, the scout who'd found her had fairly low expectations.

A year later, she had her first photo shoot. She hardly recognized herself. What she was told, and has believed ever since, is that most people have incredible potential--it's just a matter of knowing how to bring it out.

Being a teen model was not exactly the idyllic life she'd imagined. Certainly, it was thrilling; from one grade to the next, Kaede was suddenly one of the most popular girls in her school. Of course, that also brought a great deal of envy--"Oh, look at the model, she must think she's so much better than us." Truth be told, those words hurt, but she was able to get over them.

The popularity was worse. Kaede had less and less time to spend with her friends, despite being swarmed with new ones. It was in her last year of high school that she realized she'd hardly seen her former best friend, a girl by the name of Rin Akari she'd known  since she was eight, for the entire past school year.

She was ill-prepared to learn what had become of that friendship. Her best friend, who she'd shared her deepest secrets with, whose house she'd slept over at, from whom she'd years ago received a friendship bracelet she still wore... wanted nothing to do with her. As far as Rin was concerned, she'd been abandoned--and shouldn't Kaede be talking with her new friends?

Naturally, those "new friends" told her to ignore Rin; she was just jealous, she didn't know what she was talking about. Chisato almost got over it; until she got an indignant text message from another "old" friend, full of accusatory venom, blaming her for Rin suddenly being bullied.

When Kaede went home that night, she cried for hours--and realized that she had nobody to cry to. Dozens of friends, and not a single one who she could call and spill her heart to.

After graduating high school, Kaede's decision to move was largely influenced by her experiences with what fame had done to her personal life. If she stayed in the same area, she'd be around the same people--she'd still be Chisato the rich girl who was in the magazines. She wanted to try again, to start over, with what she'd learned.

When she moved to Inaba, she did so quietly, and took to taking steps not to be recognized: wearing glasses, wearing wigs or tying her hair back in a bun (or putting in extensions), and the like. Most significant was changing her legal name, from Kaede to Chisato. She still models under the former name.

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it:
Working on this, honestly. It'll largely, of course, center around the themes of her doubts: primarily that she's "empty" or "worthless" without her career, and the belief that by choosing to stick with it she's somehow preventing herself from interacting with "normal" people.

Her shadow will probably take the form of a large caricature of her, made of a porcelain-like material; when damaged, it's completely hollow inside. It may fight by summoning faceless, featureless 'minions' to the battle.

Vergil1989

Love love LOVE this one Solstice.  Welcome aboard!  Feel free to drop in the OOC, the character thread, and then the best for last of course, the IC lol.  Good luck!

Florence

Well, since it looks like the other group rp I was in on here is falling apart, I suppose I'll have tons of spare time xD; expect an application up sometime soon!
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

DarkRose15

I know of Persona but don't know a huge huge ton about it so, Hanged would be helping me :)

TheHangedOne

But ev course, Dark.  :-) As someone that routinely spends a hundred hours playing each and every single Persona game, I know quite a bit. So any questions, just fling them my way. And I'll be sure to go off on random tangents about bits and bobs that might need some 'splainin'.
Check out my poet tree!

DarkRose15

Vergil1989

I might only know the most about P4, what I don't know I'm able to check on the wiki page or see on Youtube lol.  So, if you need anything answered I might be able to help as well Dark Rose.  For now, there's still plenty of room so feel free to get a thing going whenever you can if it so pleases ya lol.

DarkRose15

If I'm able to join I think I'd probably just be playing Beliza with Hanged :)

NotoriusBEN

dammit, I play skyrim for a few days and come back to see if anything new is happening and a persona game pops up >.<

do you guys still want players? or are you full up?

pendarious

NotoriusBEN

alright then.

I'll make a character tomorrow then. I gotta do some digging, but I had a character for another persona game that I'd like to play.

what I remember from my character was that his persona was the chariot 'seigfreid' and had ice and physical attacks like chie's.
if nobody picked chariot, I'll go with that one.

Solstice

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on November 15, 2011, 01:33:16 AM
alright then.

I'll make a character tomorrow then. I gotta do some digging, but I had a character for another persona game that I'd like to play.

what I remember from my character was that his persona was the chariot 'seigfreid' and had ice and physical attacks like chie's.
if nobody picked chariot, I'll go with that one.

Just thought I'd make myself useful for once and save Vergil from having to answer (=O).

The currently-in-use arcana are:

Fool, Star, Death, Magician, Empress, Hanged Man, and Moon

That's from the roster thread. So, indeed, unless someone's spoken to Vergil about it, Chariot remains open.

DarkRose15

This does look like a lot of fun, might try and see if another person I know would be interested in joining. Not sure if he has the time though but it doesn't hurt to ask.

NotoriusBEN

Name; Jonathan Thane
Gender; Male
Sexuality; Straight
Age; 19
Eye Color; Slate
Hair Color/Style; Dark Brown, Combed back
Student He doesnt want to go to college, but is being heavily pressured by his parents.
Student of? Unsure, yet.
Job?  Working at the newly expanded Souzai Daigaku (the beef steak and super croquet shop. Now with BBQ pit)
Job position/title if you have one; Chef's Assistant, Barbaqoa Pit Assistant.
Arcana Choice; Chariot
Persona Name;  Seigfried
Persona Appearance;  Seigfried Spear and Magic Helmet, Genzoman-style

Powers and abilities; Lightning, Physical and the noted Support Spells: Power Charge, Takunda, Tarakaja. Starts off Strong vs. Lightning and Weak vs. Wind. When his persona evolves, it will Null Lightning, be Strong vs. Physical and no longer have a Weakness. The starter list of abilities are Zio, Skewer, and Takunda, but will expand as he gets stronger.
Persona Lore/History;  Siegfried is the penultimate fearless hero. He faced many trials in his life, but most notably he slew the dragon Fafnir, who symbolized betrayal and greed. Burning himself on Fafnir's partially cooked heart, he stuck his thumb into his mouth and tasted dragon's blood. Now able to talk to animals, Siegfried learned of Regin's plot to assassinate him and so slew Regin in turn. Towards the end of his epic, Siegfried only learns fear when he is wracked by indecision upon finding that the Armored Figure he fought was actually Bruunhilde, a woman. In desperation, he kisses Bruunhilde which breaks the curse placed upon her by the gods, and though hesitant at first, She is won over by Siegfried's love.
Weapon of Choice; Jonathan fights dirty with his fists and knees, with the real experiences he had during high school, not like the 'sanctioned' fights of karate or MMA. Siegfried uses a spear to devastating effect.
Skills; Bilingual (English and Japanese), Scrapper, Good Cook, Guitarist
Hobbies; Music, Guitar, video games, Hanging out.
Likes; Same as hobbies.
Dislikes; School, His parents for forcing him to go to college or go back to the United States.
Quirks; Tapping his foot to a beat in his head
Ons; Ons/Offs Page
Offs; (Same as above.)

Personality; Jonathan is usually nodding his head or tapping his foot to a song in his head. He's usually reliable at work, except when he is scheduled to prep food in the morning. The fact that he can serve a tremendous lunch or dinner crowd has saved his own bacon more than once. When he's not working, Jon is usually practicing his guitar or putting up flyers for some underground concert or other in the bigger town down south on his weekends. His demeanor since leaving school and his parents has lightened up considerably, and those from school probably wouldnt recognize him.

He is running out of time though, and sometimes he's caught in a fugue. Luckily it hasnt happened during work, but man the days just keep ticking by. Its very frustrating that he can't get any headway especially when potential bandmembers are just slacker kids from the highschool. He realizes the irony of this observation. The best he can do is just bear with it and try again, but how many times can he start from square one again?

Personal History; Jonathan Thane is the son of United States Army Colonel Taylor Thane. His father was a veteran of the 1st Gulf War and was later stationed in Japan in a joint-supervisory role to the JSDF. Going to school was hard since he was rather different from many of his classmates. The other American children came and went as their fathers transfered, but Jonathan's family stayed in Japan. Others tried to bully him for being an Army brat, but Jon would have none of it. He was always in the principal's office or suspended for getting into fights, but through some miracle, he managed to graduate from high school.

His parents want him to go to college since Japanese schools are better than American ones. He knows that college is a different thing from high school, but Jon is tired of schools. He just wants to have the year to himself before he starts anything serious. He played guitar throughout school and if he can get into a serious band and land a record deal, everything would settle itself. Its definitly a long shot, but any delusion is better than another four to six years in school.

Jonathan has since come to Inaba in an attempt to get away from his parents. He's landed a job as a chef and BBQ assistant at the larger Souzai Daigaku restaurant to pay rent. He's still looking and auditioning at bars and other places to be a guitarist. He would have went to Tokyo, but the rent is outrageous and job hunting is ruthless. Hopefully using the internet will help him land his longshot dream.

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it;  The dungeon appears as a surreal mash up of high school and beach invasions from Normandy, islands in the Pacific, or Viking Raids. Faceless Students in high school uniforms with military highlights charge up the beach and do gruesome battle with rifles, grenades, knives, spears, or swords depending on the particular beach. As the heroes run through the gauntlets and oversized trenches, they can see Jonathan holding and/or taking key positions on both sides of the conflict. Barbed wire, minefields and debris prevent the heroes from reaching Jon before the final area where he confronts his Shadow clone. When it manifests, it becomes Fafnir, a massive dragon that spews green flames.

Vergil1989

Very impressive NotoriousBEN.  You are good to go, so long as your Persona starts off with the most basic of skills as I've asked everyone else that has an especially strong partner as you seem to possess.  Beyond that, I think you're good to go.

NotoriusBEN

yep, no problem. I've played the persona games and getting stronger is part of the fun. (though in P4, I wish there were more versions of Izanagi. By far the most awesome Fool Persona to date). I thought about going ice, but we have an Ice powerhouse right now, but not lightning types. I still wanted to play Siegfried, and so I searched the internet for ways, aspects and stories that interpret him as a lightning user without the whole Thor motiff. Lo and behold, I found "What's Opera, Doc?" on youtube, one of my favorite merry melodies cartoon's ever and Elmer Fudd plays the lightning user, Sigurd (aka Siegfried). I didnt think of it until now, but with Jonathan being a guitar player, maybe having Siegfried take on some Wagner Opera aspects might help add to it (no singing though :P)

Vergil1989

Kill the rabbit!  Lol, I know that one and it's a good way to go if you ask me.  Welcome aboard buddy.

MelisaArtemis

Vergil1989

Not too many more but yes it is madam.  I only ask that there are no Arcana repeats more than anything.

MelisaArtemis

Name; Artemis Mizuki
Gender; Female (Obviously XD )
Sexuality; Bi
Age; 18
Appearance; Slender proportion, 5' 1 tall, B cup breast, Milky white skin and round eyes.
Eye Color; Crystal Blue
Hair Color/Style; Blonde / Straight, down to her knees
Student or teacher?  Student
Teacher of/Student of?  Literature and Music Class, Member of Archery Club, Light Music Club and Tea ceremony Club
Job?  Pianist and Singer
Job position/title if you have one;  Primarily a world class Pianist with some solo singing career.
Arcana Choice;  The High Priestess
Summon Persona Preference;
Other Means;  Her ribbon: Item of great personal value to her as it was given to her by her now deceased brother. When invoked, the ribbon is untied with a pull on one of the strip then tied on her wrist.
Persona Name;  Iris
Persona Appearance; Bluish green eyes, Blonde hair, White dress and holding a sword

Powers and abilities; Iris is a master swordwoman and equipped with a holy sword. All her clothes are actually made by the condensation of magic, even her underwears and tiara, making it not just featherlight but also durable. Although she already posses superhuman strength at the first place, when necessary she can discard her dress or even her underwear to enhance her sword by adding the magic power from the dress, transforming it to a massive Zweihander capable of slicing a building clean in two. As the enhancement technique drains her power severely, its always a last resort technique.

Persona Lore/History; Iris was a sole queen of her kingdom. Blessed by the gods themselves, she was a fair leader and loved by her people as her kingdom prospers for decades under her rule as the god's blessing allows her to stay young forever. However, eventually the tyrant king of a neighboring larger kingdom heard of her beauty and decides to claim her and her kingdom for himself. A great battle was fought between the two kingdoms yet after years of war, the larger of the two finally manage to overpower her kingdom. In her last act of desperation to protect her people, she use the last of her power and her life to enhance her sword to destroy the entire castle of the tyrant king along with the people inside it. Without her leadership, her kingdom eventually deteriorate and vanish from history.   
Weapon of Choice;;  Mizuki is a very adept archer, one of the best in her club second only to her captain so her primary tactic would be to fight from distance and fire away. However, if necessary, she is also skilled to her family style's Jiujitsu.
Skills;  Singing, Playing Piano, Archery and Jiujitsu. Above average in academic but poor in Physical Education
Hobbies; Singing, Playing Piano, Reading
Likes; Cake and Sweets, Sleep, Classical Music, Cute items, Cute animals, Nice people and Being Naked
Dislikes; Spicy food, Dirty things, Jerks and bitches
Quirks;  When shocked, she sometimes gives a yelp that sounds like a cat's meow: Nya!
Ons; Nudity (Public and Private), Humiliation, Bestiality, Foreplay, Light Bondage, Tentacle
Offs;  Scat, Gore, Watersport, Heavy bondage, Torture, Gangbang
Personality;  Mizuki is incredibly pure and innocent, almost to the point of being naive. Though shy, she has a very kind heart and love to help others when needed, especially those who are close to her. Her feeling are a bit on the sensitive side as she can easily cry when upset or depressed. 

Her gestures and act are always feminine and graceful which gives the impression of her being an ojou-sama which is not far from the truth. Sometimes, she can also act like an airhead or incredibly oblivious to how others are feeling toward her. She also have a daring and kinky side to her personality too as she actually prefers to be naked as much as possible though so far only indulge in that pleasure in private.
Personal History;  Mizuki was born and raised in Inaba of a a british father an japanese mother, making her a half in the society. Though she is perfectly healthy and find right now, as a child she was born with defective heart which was incurable without a donor. Due to her tender age, it was extremely hard to find a suitable donor for her, much less that which are compatible with her. Her hope to survive was looking dim day by day until one day the doctors somehow found a perfectly suitable and compatible with her. It was a month after the operation that she found out that her brother had donated his own heart to safe her.

When she was cleaning up her brother's old room, she discover a letter from him to her telling that he did what he did without regret fully knowing the consequences as well as telling her not to dwell on his passing but to live her life fully. The death of her brother was the first thing that spur her desire to be helpful to everyone who needs help. Along the way, she found that she has innate talent in music and strive to be the best she can be to heal people through her songs.

Mizuki had moved to England for a while after the death of her brother, half of the reason is to get away and get some peace of mind away from the tragedy while at the same time to improve her musical ability. While she was in England, she managed to make a name of herself in the world of classical music by winning several piano contest. It is only recently that she move back to Inaba in an attempt to get away her popularity in England although she still plays piano in her free time and enters into a recording deal with local recording company to pay for her living expense.

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it;  Will add at later time

Vergil1989

One of your pictures aren't working and there's a small problem with your item and your Persona summoning choice deal.  You can't have a Tarot Card as well as a personal item as you described to be able to summon your Persona when you get it.  It's either an Evoker, a Tarot Card, or some other means, not two lol.  Beyond that though, it's very well thought out and I love what you've put together.

MelisaArtemis

Edited :) I prefer to have her ribbon as summoning method because it will be with her all the time rather than the tarot card method :)

Vergil1989

MelisaArtemis

Made a little mode modification on Iris's ability. I have feeling that will be important later on (Who can complain of her going butt naked but with gigantic sword? XDD)

zengal

I'm posting here on the hope you might accept one more person to the RP. I've always had a slight obsession with Tarot (I have studied Alistair Crowley's Book of Thoth and in fact still own the copy) as well as Carl Jung's studies  (as well as Freud's). You can imagine when I first found Persona 3 I instantly became a fan of any MegaTen game I could get my hands on.

Nerdgasm aside, If it is okay with you, I have a profile from a previous (regrettably failed) RP I was part of that I could tweak into your format very quickly if need be.
...and I suppose any part of us that can only be seen by others is a Dark part.
I feel that about the small of my back, too, and the nape of my neck.
They are Dark: they are erotic zones as in the tropics whereas Paris is straightforward and bright about it all.
A coal miner has kind of a sexy occupation -- though I'm sure it's painful down there... but so is Lust.
Of Light we can never have enough but how would we find it unless the Darkness urged us on and into it.
I am Dark except, when -- now and then -- it all comes clear and I can see myself as others luckily sometimes see me in a good light.

Vergil1989

So long as you don't repeat a previously used Arcana, you are free to bring in another Zengal.  I hope to see a good profile soon my friend.  Good luck!  We need more men by the way lol.

zengal

Name; Taro "Ken" Yamada [birthname: John Kenneth Smith]
Gender; Male
Sexuality;  “Gay...” If you trust school gossip. [Is actually bi.]
Age; 24
Appearance;

Eye Color; Pale blue.
Hair Color/Style; Mid-short length dyed blonde hair. More appropriate for a rebellious Japanese high-school punk.
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks; Miscellaneous scars scattered on shoulders and back.
Student or teacher? Faculty
Teacher of/Student of? Dropout
Job? Yes
Job position/title if you have one; Custodian
Arcana Choice;  The Tower
Summon Persona Preference;  Evoker gun
Other Means;  Summoning Daedalus has an additional effect on Ken: his internal body temperature will increase over time, up to dangerous levels.
Persona Name; Daedalus
Persona Appearance;

Powers and abilities; Medium Stamina; low physical attack; medium physical defense; high magic defense and attack; and extremely high speed.  His abilities with magic are essentially non-existent. Its greatest abilities are passive. Its skills decrease over extended battle and its weak points start opening up, making it I’ll suited for attrition.  It is Absorb wind, Weak Light, and Weak Fire. (Parenthesis denote skills that will weaken over time bracket denote skills that can be obtained/evolve given experience/)
Garu (Garula) [Garudyne]
Sonic Punch (Swift-Strike)
[(Diarama)]
Cool Breeze
Auto-Sukukaja
(Endure light) [(Survive Light)]
(Dodge Physical) [(Evade Physical)]
[(Wind Boost)]
Persona Lore/History;  The great craftsman and artisan of Greek mythology: father of Icarus; constructor of the labyrinth.
Weapon of Choice;;  “Some folk call it a sling blade. I call it a Kaiser blade. Mmhmm.” Even before he realizes he’ll need a weapon, Ken always carries a boxcutter with him out of paranoia or, as he says, “for security purposes”.
Skills;  Running, tolerating pain, and being delusional (if that last one counts). He is thought to be unable to speak Japanese by the students, and plays along with that misconception while at work. He also much more intelligent than most know, but only when he “feels like it.”
Hobbies; He own small collection of pirated Slasher Films, Torture Porn, and Horror B-Movies.
Likes; Smoking, drinking, pranks, being wrong, magic (both illusions and fantasy), being alone (for now...)
Dislikes; The DPS, rumors, drugs, dumb people, pushovers, police, not being in control (for now...)
Quirks; Ken chain smokes. However, he refuses to touch anything but ones she rolls herself. He also grows his own tobacco and won't use commercial cigarette paper. (leading to smoking some... interesting improvisations).
Ons; see O/O's though he is more the "daring type"
Offs; see O/O's
Personality;  Ken is a very complex individual. This is largely due to the fact that certain aspects of his personality are nothing short of inseverable complexes. He is an unstable pendulum constantly in motion, going between the extremes of a deterministic need for order and outright nihilism. But unlike a pendulum, he doesn't submit to inertia and will change position through inadjacent space.

The former side of the dichotomy is Ken the Conspirator: constantly in search for clarification and underlying meaning. However, this operation takes place within himself on a spontaneous basis, knowing things intuitively, without being able to pinpoint why, nor with much detailed knowledge of whatever subject is currently at hand. He finds himself to be right, not always, but often enough; and he usually knows it.  However, should the answer he possess not be acceptable, he will make one that he finds acceptable via conspiracy. Not stupid "event" conspiracies -- he couldn’t care less about the grassy knoll -- but systematic super-conspiracies. He has his own pet theory of an organization that, for lack of their actual name [he thinks they don’t even use one themselves], he simply refers to DPS. The DPS is the biggest conspiracy organization in the world, and there is nothing too big or small in scale for Ken to lay blame on them. [Spoiler alert: the DPS isn’t real.]

The latter side is the Last Man as interpreted by Nietzsche. This is the rarer of Ken’s two extremes. When there is no apparent answer, his answer is proven wrong, or there is no conspiracy to cover an unacceptable one, he completely loses faith: believing in no purpose, no meaning, and no redeeming features of life. This is the part of him that committed suicide twice.

Sometimes he fancies there to exist something almost consequential within his reality and being saved by such grace -- ultimately dismissing such ridiculousness with a laugh. Most of the time, though, Ken is in a compromised medium between the two, one that resembles a cross of absurdism and hedonism. The one thing he refuses to indulge in is hope, thus abstaining from anything more than what a meaningless existence provides.

Personal History; Ken's father, Sampson, was a war veteran. The night he was born, his father was overseas, under fire from an ambush by the enemy. When his father was relieved from duty, he came back slightly changed. As souvenirs he brought with him a diagnosis of PTSD and bits of shrapnel in his knee. At a young age, Ken himself was diagnosed with a few personality disorders. Sampson started using this as a new opportunity. You see, they were poor, and the medication was covered by insurance, his self-medication with morphine was not. This habit was the only thing that made him feel as he did before the war. He withheld the medication from Ken and used it to help afford his drug habit. Of course, Ken started acting up in home and out in public. Sam tried at first to get his behavior in order, but he was difficult to manage. Eventually, Sampson found it most effective to use force. As it started out, it might even have been viewed acceptable, and Ken’s mother didn’t do anything. But Ken started acting out even worse than before, partly in response to the punishment, and partly from growing more passively aggressive. It only escalated from there; the addiction and the abuse.

At one point, Ken impulsively took a large amount of the medication and the morphine while his parents were away. That was his first suicide attempt. He had been extremely lucky and survived without much permanent damage. However when his father had found out, he assaulted him to the point of passing out. When he woke, he found himself admitted to a hospital for blunt force trauma. He was taken from Sampson's custody and admitted for a time for mental rehabilitation, during which his parents divorced. He was released to his mother’s care. As if in apology, she spoiled him. Not in material goods, they didn’t have any for that. But he was under an extreme laissez faire guardianship. Oh, they had rules: a curfew, expectations, standard for grades. Ken made it a point to break every single one of the. Why not? She would never blame him for it. It was all because she did nothing to stop Sampson. He started hanging with a different crowd and eventually told his mother that she was going to give permission for him to drop out of school. She objected and tried reasoning with him -- he just needed to finish the senior year! Ken cursed and punched out the drywall. Her mother was shocked. Ken recognized the face: it was the same face ad whenever she saw her husband be violent toward her or their son. And once again she did nothing to protect Ken.

After dropping out, he took up a series of jobs, putting the money into savings rather than compensating expenses for his mother’s care. Not long after his 19th birthday, his sobbing mother delivered the news: Sampson had died after having his second heart attack. Ken never laughed so hard in his life.
"Did you hate him that much?"
"Of course not,” he replied, “...but I hate losing."
It wasn't long after that he packed up and left in the night without a word. He withdrew his savings exchanged it to yen and took the first one-way flight to Japan.

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it;  WIP

[...]

Well that took much longer than expected. -.-;
They are Dark: they are erotic zones as in the tropics whereas Paris is straightforward and bright about it all.
A coal miner has kind of a sexy occupation -- though I'm sure it's painful down there... but so is Lust.
Of Light we can never have enough but how would we find it unless the Darkness urged us on and into it.
I am Dark except, when -- now and then -- it all comes clear and I can see myself as others luckily sometimes see me in a good light.

Vergil1989

You still have a few blanks here and there but otherwise you're doing quite good for yourself already.  I do hope that he settles down a bit is my only concern, but otherwise I love this guy a great deal lol.

zengal

Ah~! Didn't notice those. Fixed now.

Also: he calms down a bunch after facing his shadow. Until then, I'm sorry to say he'll kind'a be a jerk.

Vergil1989

Lol it's all good.  Love the finish product, but I am curious why his internal body temp spikes when he's using his Persona.  Still, that's just me being curious but I love it.  Go for it!

I am accepting ONE MORE CHARACTER only.  Make it good.

MelisaArtemis

Hmm... can I play a second character? Male one. This 1 will be designated to be Mizuki's partner/boyfriend though

Vergil1989

No one else has asked this question but I believe I said that you could play ONLY one human character and someone else's Persona, so unfortunately no.

MelisaArtemis

TheManPerson

This.

I am joining tomorrow afternoon, as I have morning classes at college...

Katra Alexion

TheHangedOne

By the way, folks, since Dark had to step out of the game, I am looking for anyone interested in playing my character's Persona, Beliza.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

TheManPerson

Quote from: TheHangedMan on November 20, 2011, 02:55:10 PM
By the way, folks, since Dark had to step out of the game, I am looking for anyone interested in playing my character's Persona, Beliza.  :-)

I'll play him/her if you're fine with that.

Vergil1989

Katra Alexion

Here is the character that I humbly submit to this game

Name: Sarukura-Kaikan, Takara [last name first]

Sexuality: Straight (some bi curiosity)

Appearance: Takara stands a bit over average height at around 5'7 with model good looks and a naturally slim, curvaceous but athletically compact body. During the day she is right at home in worn denim jeans and simple shirts or shorts and tang tops but at night she dresses to kill whenever she goes out to clubs or street races. But one thing that carries overall is that she clothes are comfortable and easy to fight in if the need arises.

Eye Color: Soft violet-blue

Hair Color/Style: Raven blue, very long reaching the back of her thighs. Normally bangs and two locks of hair frame her face while the rest is ether pulled back and tied back at the nape, worn up in a high ponytail or styled back into a French braid.

Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks: Various nicks and scars decorate her body from years of martial training.

Student or teacher?:  Student

Teacher of/Student of?: Medicine

Job: Yes

Job position/title if you have one: Paramedic

Arcana Choice: Fortune

Summon Persona Preference: Pendant

Other Means: Upon Awakening to her power as Persona User: the eyes of the dragon pendant would glow and its maw would open to release a fierce roar making the wind pick around her like a small tornado of leaves, when it disperses it will reveal a powerful shinobi knelt protectively before his mistress, hand on his sheathed katana ready to face their enemies. In the beginning this would happen automatically as the pendant draws its energy from Takara, activating in moments of great emotional stress or danger until she learns to master the ability on her own.

Persona Name: The Kage-Ryu [Nick: Ryu]

Persona Appearance: Rather on the tall side of six feet with a lean, hard compact body. Hair is a mix of black and white tied back at the nape of his neck and well past his should blades. His brows are dark and well shaped drawing attention to startling silver eyes. His physical appearance could be equated that to the atypical japanese bishounen so he hides the lower portion of his face behind a mask. Ryu's apparel is the modified look of the traditional shinobi wear. The haori is sleeveless and colored a dark dusk greyish-blue fading into white with a black sleeveless muscle shirt with an in built mask underneath. His pants are style after the traditional hakama's, same color as the haori was fades into a darker shade, are less cumbersomeness with more conforming pants legs that are just loose enough to be comfortable tucked in the top of shin guards. On his feet is a pair of white socks and flexible black leather leather tabi boots. his armature such as his bracers and shin guards are made from a ore of the same color as his clothes with the belt and accents of his attire done in greens and purple. His katana is strapped to his back, with the hilt showing over his right shoulder.

Powers and abilities: Wind manipulation, he can create and control wind or use them in his techniques either in outright attacks, evading his enemies by short range teleporting or befuddling their sense with illusions and mirages of himself. He is as swift as the wind and just as quiet, fierce and deadly.  He has high attack and evasion but low defense and is well rounded in magics corresponding to his primary element and some moderate healing capabilities. His main element is wind; he is weak against lightning and is immune to Shadow.

Persona Lore/History: In life Sarukura Shinzo was the founder of the Sarukura-Ryu martial style and the clan’s progenitor. Before he was a legend Shinzo had been simply a young man who had dedicated himself to learning martial arts with his family’s blessings. He studied for years under various masters until a visit home revealed that a power hungry and corrupt lord had swept his armies through the town to replenish their supplies, raping and burning the town to the ground as they went. Among those abuse was his mother and sister – his father and brothers had been killed when they tried to defend them.  Sickened by the events Shinzo sought to avenge this dishonor, not only for his family but for everyone that been harmed by actions of those evil men. And so he gave birth to a legend, rising to prominence during Feudal Era dispatching corrupt government officials, lords or anyone that oppressed those weaker than themselves. His fierceness in battle and his use of guerrilla tactic inspired the people and earned him the title of Kage-Ryu.

Weapon of Choice: Unarmed or Dual Kodachis

Skills: Martial-Arts, First-Aid (paramedic level), Acrobatics, High Speed Driving, Cooking and Survival. Can also speak , read and write in both English and Japanese.

Hobbies: Training, Racing (both car and motorcycle), and sketching.

Likes:Dusk and night time, animes, games, herbal remedies and teas, long walks with her Akita and storms

Dislikes: Mornings, hypocrisy and abuse of authority and disdains all form of drinking alcohol.

Quirks: Possesses a hidden collection of hentai mangas, has a need for speed and always has a med pack ready wherever she goes in her car for onsite care for any emergency she comes across.

Ons: O/O

Offs: O/O

Personality: There was a time that Takara had been a bright, vibrant and passionate girl with a zest for life but too many tragedies in a short amount of time during her teens has transformed Takara into a secretive, harsh and nearly unforgiving young woman with a lot of tightly leashed anger inside. There are times when a softer side can be seen but those moments are rare outside a small circle of people. She can be blunt and straight forward at times believing brutal honesty is better than none in regarding others. She also appreciates people that work hard for what they have and despise those that try to coast their way through life by riding on the coattails of others successes or by taking credit away from those that earned it and claiming it for themselves. She tends to be a loner, keeping to herself outside side of school or at work; that’s not to say that she is anti-social; she likes being around other people just not the main center of attraction. Takara’s past prior to moving to Inaba several years ago is a mystery that she is not inclined to divulge any time soon.

Personal History: Takara was the youngest of four children; the older ones being Ryoga, Yukina and Takara’s twin brother, Shiro. They lived with their parents at their ancestral dojo several cities over from Inaba. Her Hitomi had been trained by her father, Gennosuke in the family style of Sarukura-Ryu since early childhood. Tradition called for Hitomi to take her father’s place when the time came but it was apparent that his only daughter was content in a more domesticated role. So, he looked amongst his other students for a successor, finding what he believed to be a worthy one in Ito Daiki – his daughter’s current love interest. Gennosuke agreed to make Daiki his successor if he would marry his daughter and take their family name. Having no significant family ties Daiki agree and they married a year after finishing college.  Within the first five years of marriage Takara and her siblings were born.  Each of them grew up learning the family style to some extent but only ones that excelled at it was the eldest, Ryoga and Takara herself. Daiki had always seemed to favor Ryoga and Yukina over Takara and Shiro and that opinion only strengthened as they grew. He was also more lenient with them than he was toward Shiro and Takara. And while she did love her older siblings Takara was never particularly close to them seeing as she saw Ryoga as a closet bully and Yukina as an immature social climber. The only ones she shared any close rapport with were her grandfather, mother and Shiro. As for her father, they would clash of over training and philosophies, Daiki wanted Takara to be like her demure sister and Takara wanted to be free to be what wanted to be; a self sufficient person dependent on no one.  When Takara hit her teens is when things really began heating up. Gennosuke his time was short, he already named Daiki trusting that he would carrying on their schools teaching in spite of what he saw as his son-in-laws personal flaws, but now he needed to appoint an heir. The only ones the Grandmaster saw as viable were Ryoga and Takara. So he tested them in the time honored tradition of their family. In many ways it was a close call but in the end Gennosuke choose Takara over her brother for many reasons and none of them in the least him showing nepotism to his granddaughter. She was by far better rounded and grounded than Ryoga and possessed a generosity of spirit the older boy lacked. Little did the Grandmaster know how quickly those virtues would nearly be destroyed in the events to come.

Gennosuke only mistake later that night was telling Daiki his decision without the presence of witnesses, Hitomi had gone to weekly bridge game and Takara and her siblings were out of the house. Daiki and Gennosuke got into a rare argument over the school and its appointed successor; Daiki felt that Ryoga should have been chosen as he was the eldest and a male - no one would hardly respect a woman in such a position and would have others believe the school unfit if a weak female like Takara was officially entered as heir. The school needed a male that could go forth and showcase the strength of the school. Gennosuke was appalled that he had been so erroneous in his judgment of Daiki but honestly couldn’t say he was surprised either. Before the Grandmaster could argue any further on the matter, he suffered and acute heart attack while his son in law stood over him watching before walking away.

Unbeknownst to either man, Takara had returned home to get something she had forgotten when she heard their raised voices. Nearing the dojo she had heard enough to make an educated guess on what they were fighting about and was shocked watching her father turn his back to Gennosuke. Takara was the one to call for an emergency team and stay with her grandfather until they arrived. Gennosuke passed away a short while later in the hospital and in her grief in the following wake Takara pushed her father’s treachery from her mind until a month after the funeral when Daiki name Ryoga the heir and forbid Takara from the dojo under the pretense she needed to get and socialize more and do other lady like things girls her age were suppose to do. Takara was infuriated which sparked the first of many of the arguments for the following year. Takara began to alienate herself from the rest of the family, the only one that seemed to care were Shiro and Hitomi. Takara began spend more time outside the house, throwing herself into her studies and secretly training with her mother and Shiro away from the house while her father mainstreamed and advertised the school by entering  Ryoga into numerous competitions. Feeling the need for a little pay back and bring her father and Ryoga down a peg or two, Takara disguised herself and entered as an independent in one of the biggest martial competitions hosted by their town.

She made it to the final round where she faced off against Ryoga and like before it was a close match but Takara used up all her pent up emotions to fuel her strength and focus and in the end publicly defeated her brother. Daiki was not happy in the least and the fight that followed when they got home was the worst yet, to the point of actually trading blows.  Takara ran out of the house before things could any uglier. She spent hours the night walking around the park trying to clear her thoughts but was overwhelmed by a sense of heart wrenching grief, but refused to return home until the wee hours of the morning. Two days later she returned home only to discover that Shiro and her mother had been hit and killed by a drunk driver when they went to look for her not long after she left the house.

Daiki had waited until after the funeral to inform Takara that he had had enough of her attitude and disrespect, she not only shamed their school but was responsible for her mother and brother’s death and while her grandfather saw to it he could never disown her she was no longer welcomed in his home.  The only thing that saved Takara from going off the deep end was her Aunt Yoshino, her mother’s older half-sister. Hearing about the deaths of her sister and and nephew and Daiki's actions, Yoshino was quick to offer Takara a place with her in Inaba. It had taken some time but Takara began to forge self anew, legally taking use the surname of her maternal grandmother was the first step. For the longest time she had felt directionless until she remembered how her her brother had wanted to be a doctor. In honor of his and her mother's memory Takara began to taking classes in medicine and later taking course at the local college while interning at her aunt's private practice during weekends and breaks. She quickly earned her paramedics license and is working her way through school, saving up to attend med school in the United States much like her aunt did.

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it: WIP

((Edit: had forgotten to add her language skills to the list))

Starlequin

Keeping in mind that I am not any manner of GM for this game and have no authority over approvals...I think that looks pretty awesome, Katra.

Katra Alexion

Vergil1989

Katra Alexion

Vergil1989

Katra Alexion

MelisaArtemis

@Zarazel: Hmm... you might want to edit your post a bit. In japanese style bath, they usually exit the bath to scrub their body and cleaning the soap again before going back inside the bath its so that the batch water remains pretty much clean and bubble free :)

Katra Alexion

jilorbb

I am very much interested in this game. (I even worked with a friend for a table-top and other forum-based Persona RP, but that's another story)

I've played all of the Persona games through P3-FES. I've even watched some of Trinity Soul, however, I've yet to play P4.

BlackLightning

Vergil1989

BlackLightning

O well, I'll post my char bio anyway

Name; Kuroyami Ryuuji
Gender; Male
Sexuality;  Straight
Age;  25
Appearance;  5' 8, 160 Pound. Jet black shaggy hair, tanned skin, body mass is lean but muscle-packed. Usually found wearing T-shirt and sport jacket combination, trousers, leather shoes and fingerless gloves, all of them in black color. 
Eye Color; Black
Hair Color/Style; Jet black, shaggy
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks; Scars all over his body, the shortest are cross shaped at the back of his hands while the longest is on his back extending from his right shoulder blade to his right abdomen.
Student or teacher?  College Student
Teacher of/Student of?  Law enforcement
Job? Secretly a Gang leader. More known as member of a rising Indie rock band as Drummer and back up guitarist
Job position/title if you have one; Yakuza Leader, Band Leader.
Arcana Choice;  The Devil
Other Means;  (Anything from a personal item of great value to you or a kind of incantation, anything is possible so long as you explain why it works and what it looks like when it does kind of thing.)
Persona Name;  Skull Knight
Persona Appearance;  A massive skeleton knight riding a skeleton horse, both the rider and the horse are wearing jet black armor. The knight is wielding a massive two-handed sword with a skeleton ornament on the guard and hilt.

Powers and abilities; Superhuman strength and agility. Expert control of the horse, able to move with it as if its part of his own body. The sword can regenerate by itself and will always stay in razor sharp condition. His final attack is by summoning black colored hell fire on his blade before slashing toward the enemy, burning them to death that not even the ash will be left.
Persona Lore/History;  The skull knight used to be a human knight commander serving a small kingdom led by a wise female queen. When the kingdom was invaded by the larger neighboring kingdom, he was killed in the ensuing war. Unbeknown to anyone else in the kingdom, he was actually in a mutual love relationship with the queen. Out of desperation to protect his love, he made a pact with the devil to gain a second life and power. The devil granted his wish in exchange of burning his earthly flesh and turning him into the abomination that he is right now. However, he was too late as he found that his queen had sacrificed her life to destroy the opposing kingdom. It is much later that he found out that the war itself was actually engineered by the same devil he made a pact with who actually wanted the queen for himself which lead him to turn against the devil in revenge. Alas, he was no match against the devil and destroyed.
Weapon of Choice;;  A long katana with black blade, guard and hilt.
Skills;  Black belt in Judo, Karate and Taekwondo for hand to hand combat. Trained in swordplay thanks to his adopted father. Although he does not have specific specialty in anything else, he is a quick learner which urns him into a jack-of-all-trade.
Hobbies; Reading, Listening and playing music, fighting
Likes; Rock music, thriller novel, Physical training, Revenge.
Dislikes; Injustice action and abuse
Quirks;  (Optional, but anything that comes to mind if you have one is welcome.)
Ons;  https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=30826
Offs;  https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=30826
Personality;  At the first glance, Ryuuji may come off as cold and emotionless. In a degree, he is both of them at least outwardly as he is pretty much antisocial toward everyone and has a certain tendency to be overly serious. On the inside though, he is actually incredibly loyal and protective of his friends and family, often went to great length to do so. Unfortunately, very few people can see beyond his outer facade but those in his extremely close knit of friends will find someone who wouldn't hesitate to lay his life for them if necessary. Loyal to a fault, Ryuuji is also extremely sensitive to betrayal. He does not compromise with anyone and will never give anyone a second chance once they betrayed him. Instead, he will turn merciless toward them and will not hesitate to hand out his punishment in swift and deadly action.

Ryuuji also hate injustice and abuse of any form with passion, he could never stand the sight of it no matter what. Partly due to his background of being on the receiving end of it, Ryuuji will go into action every time he saw of such happening. Despite his hate toward injustice action, he is not a heroic type person. If anything, he is an anti hero who acts as he please according his ideal. True to his job as a Yakuza leader, Ryuuji will do anything necessary to reach his goal, even using underhanded method such as cheating or blackmail.

As a leader though, he is known to be charismatic and not afraid to make tough decision which generate a group of loyal follower behind him.

Personal History;  Ryuuji was an orphan since he was approximately 8 years old due to a car accident. As he woke up at the hospital he found that he had absolutely no recollection of his life, neither name or family, only the information he was told by the doctors are the source of his close brush with death. He lived on the street doing anything to survive, from stealing to rummaging through garbage for food. It was during those years when he earn most of his scars, mostly from older and bigger hoodlums who frequent the same alleys as himself.

He was 13 when he was taken in by his adopted father who gave him his name. His adopted father happen to be a local gang leader and therefore highly respected. Unlike the other gangs however, his gang actually known to be a noble group of people who actually tries to maintain control and harmony in the society from the background. Therefore, it is not rare for them to be asked for help by the local police force, especially for cases which the police are officially unable to deal with such as those involving minors or the more recent case of brutal and bizarre murder case.

Under his father's tutelage, Ryuuji gained his morale and code of honor as well as his current skills until he eventually succeed his adopted father as a gang leader at the age of 20 after an unanimous vote by the other members following his father's death by mysterious chronic illness. Through his father's left behind private diaries, he learned that his father was investigating about the existence of the worlds which exist alongside the real world, their effect on the people and most importantly, the guardian spirit known as Personas. Since then, Ryuuji has thrown himself into continuing his father's footstep.

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it;  None yet so far

Vergil1989

I'm not so sure that the cops would accept help from gang kids, but beyond some grammar issues I love this dude.  Welcome aboard BlaightLightning.

Katra Alexion

Vergil1989

MelisaArtemis

BlackLightning's persona bio is actually coincides with mine. Yes, the queen is Iris, my persona. We did work together on it :P

BlackLightning

Quote from: Vergil1989 on December 18, 2011, 10:16:52 PM
I'm not so sure that the cops would accept help from gang kids, but beyond some grammar issues I love this dude.  Welcome aboard BlaightLightning.

Hmm... I guess I should have clarified. The "gang" that I said in the bio was actually Yakuza, not some random street gang. Police asking help from Yakuza are actually more common than you think in Japan, granted that the Yakuza in question usually goes by the title "Noble Association".