Started by Lady Annabelle, March 03, 2010, 04:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Annabelle

So, this has happened to me a few times and I was wondering if I was the only one with this problem.

When I click on the 'New' button next to a thread, it usually takes me the newest post in the thread.  Every now and then, I will have to scroll up because the 'New' posts missed one or two.  This usually only happens during the more popular threads where some people are posting many times at once, but this has happened on other threads.

Yes, it is a tiny detail, but a bit bothersome.  Is there anyway I can fix this or is it something I will just have to deal with?

Thank you for any and all help!
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Trieste

Yes! This has been happening to me since last week and I thought I had messed up a setting somewhere.

Marguerite

You are not the only one. It takes me to the second to last page and I have to catch up on everything I missed.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

jouzinka

Did you girls try the cookie clearing script from Veks? Maybe it could help...
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Trieste

Nope, but I cleared them manually. :P

Lilias

My impression has always been that the 'new' button takes you to the first unread post, which is not necessarily the last on the thread... Of course, I may be imagining things.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Trieste

Yes, it always has in the past.

But lately it's been taking me to the last post in the thread, which is not necessarily the oldest 'new' post for me.

HockeyGod

Mine has never taken me to the "new" for me but the latest post. I would love for the function to look at the last new post in the thread from my previous visit. The only time I believe I get to the newest for me is when I click on the link to a post within thread in the main E board - then it takes me to the last post I read.

Reyne

Dude it's been happening to me too...
Tres' Annoying.

Not only that though after I have clicked on the thread and then go back to a different page it still says their post was new even though I had already read it...

Oreo

It's been happening to me as well, and I use the Veks cookie cleaner about once a week.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin