Grab the book closest

Started by stormkitten, March 08, 2009, 05:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kythia

cirrus -i m. curl of hair;

Collins Latin-English, English-Latin Dictionary

himawari

As painful as those breakups and rejections were, I refused to give up on love and loving.

Unstoppable-The Incredible Power of Faith in Action : Nick Vujicic
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

Valth

"He paused; with a machine-gun rattle from its exhaust the "deratization" van was clattering by."

- The Plague by Albert Camus

Valerian

"Such fossils could only be found if the patina formed beneath the sea -- obviously impossible if it had been formed in Jerusalem, miles from the sea."

-History's Mysteries, Brian Haughton
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

saphireMARIE

An inequality usually has a range of values.
-Maths Foundation Plus, Oxford and Edexcel

Oniya

I'll find death with my sword arm.

- The Aeneid, Virgil, trans. by Robert Fitzgerald.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Skadii

"One foot, two foot, red foot, blue foot"

-The Foot Book. Dr Seuss.

Kythia

Whilst the added weight restricts the ability to operate at the highest altitudes, the extra protection a vital necessity [sic] if the aircraft is to survive insertion missions into heavily defended enemy positions.

The Imperial Guard Codex.  Ugh.

WildCat

There are no sentences on page 56.

The book is Huntress by Malinda Lo.

Chapter 7 ends on page 55. Chapter 8 begins on page 57.
ONS and OFFS: Make Wildcat purr
Absence: Where's the cheshire Cat?

Don't want to lose track of crossrealms and my room

Valerian

"The combination of strength and elasticity allows it to withstand an impact five times more powerful than Kevlar, the synthetic fiber used in bulletproof vests."

The Physics of Superheroes, by James Kakalios

Borrowed from the library because I couldn't resist the title.  ::)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

saphireMARIE

Dicembre

My Niece's School Planner :3 I had to count the pages as well X_X

Pipaluk

"These will be discussed in detail in a later chapter.

-I'll keep the book secret.

VibrantRiley

I got "We will discuss such constraints in Chapter 6" which is eerily similar to Pipaluk's.

Book is the 10th edition of An Introduction to Language.
Come Play With Me (O/Os, Story Cravings, and More)!
Currently selectively open to new RPs! Feel free to reach out 😁.

Pipaluk

Different Book: Next closest since hte first closes hasn't changed.

"The only answer is that this is what we find to be the case in experimenting with forces."

From: Calculus, An intuitive and Physical Approach. By Morris Kline.

VibrantRiley

Quote from: Pipaluk on September 06, 2013, 12:09:36 PM
Different Book: Next closest since hte first closes hasn't changed.

"The only answer is that this is what we find to be the case in experimenting with forces."

From: Calculus, An intuitive and Physical Approach. By Morris Kline.

Ahh, the fun of being in college. Every closest book is a textbook.

"Then we modify the transition function of M to place additional fingers on all states that can be reached by going along [greek letter epsilon] arrows after every step."

Theory of Computation, Sipser. I swear I'm going to reorganize my bedroom so next time a fiction book is within reach. I swear I own them.

Come Play With Me (O/Os, Story Cravings, and More)!
Currently selectively open to new RPs! Feel free to reach out 😁.

DaddysLittleSlut

Darker Still,

Friendship and a newfound "familial" duty.

AmberStarfire

I'm sitting opposite two heavily-stacked bookshelves, so the closest book is debatable. The ones that are separate are ones I've quoted already - Complete Mathematics, A Dance with Dragons and Sophia.

A big hardback bound set of Calvin and Hobbes might be the closest by 'a nose'.

RainyHigh

My stomach dips when we pass the third spot from the tennis courts, and there’s Sarah Grundel’s brown Chevrolet with its Thomas Jefferson Swim Team sticker—and another one, smaller, that reads GET WET—staring at me from the bumper.

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

saphireMARIE

All love does is break you.

A story my best friend's daughter wrote.

GlompNinja

I know just how they feel.

Mud Crab Boogie - Robert G Barret

Kythia

"In this condition stood the scholar, when bumpkin who had by this time finished his pipe and pipe, came to the door; all amazement at what he saw, he stood gaping for a minute or two, when the Cantab thus addressed him "You must know, Sir, that I quarrelled with my father about seven years since, and, for my disobedience, I was changed to the degrading shape of an ass, to endure every hardship for that space of time; which being now expired you are bound to set me at liberty."

The Lord of the Land, A guide to England's legends from Spring Heeled Jack to the Witches of Warboys
Westwood and Simpson

ArtemisHighmore

William Shakespeare's Star Wars  8-)

Ilasandra

"Grow up, or we will die here."
-The Naming Alison Croggon

Nexus1199

In the example above, a type of context clue known as a description clue helped you understand an unfamiliar expression. 

ladia2287

"I did come into my classes without pinning up my hair," said poor Mam'zelle to herself.

Last Term at Malory Towers, by Enid Blyton