News:

Main Menu

Choice

Started by Athos, July 19, 2011, 11:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athos

You want to put me in my place, but you don’t know where it is. So you invent one for me from your own mind. You pretty it up with thoughts and assumptions that have more to do with you than they ever did with me. You make it so attractive in your eyes that you can’t help but scratch your head in confusion when I don’t jump right in. First you try to coax me in with subtle hints of implied allusions to some made up reward, but I don’t move.  Then you give me a little nudge, thinking if I just take one step in your direction I’ll see how much better your reality is than my own. Again I resist and you can’t figure out why. Now it’s time for tough love. If I insist on refusing to see just how much more fulfilling my life would be under your supervision then you’ll just have to force it on me, for my own good. You push me, I push back and now you’re looking up at me from the ground. At first you’re shocked. That’s not the behaviour you’ve programmed for me, where did that come from? Then you get angry. How dare I contradict you? Don’t I realize that you’re just trying to help me? That you’re just trying to make it easier for you to relate to me? I shouldn’t be fighting you. In fact, I should be grateful that you’ve taken the time and put in the effort. After all, it’s not like I was happy with myself and my life the way it is. How could I be? You didn’t choose it for me.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"