Stranded - Space exploration gone awry

Started by RedEve, March 17, 2012, 07:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignis

Tricia ended up taking the alien slot. Also I think I need to add more background, Ill work on it sometime today.

RedEve

Quote from: KrystalizedKiss on March 18, 2012, 12:12:01 PM
Ah, I thought it had been taken. I'll take the captain spot. Is a female or male is needed because I could play either. Because it appears that Tricia and Ignis wants Second in Command. I'll take dibs for Captain though.

A female captain could be interesting.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

KrystalizedKiss

I'll just put this here and come back to edit later.

Name: Astara Blake
Role/Rank on the ship: Captain/Commander
Appearance: (picture if possible)
Bio:

Hope you guys don't mind. >_<
[ ~ My Plotting Corner! ~ ]
My O/O's | My A/A's
Status: Busy! Will try posting once every week to every other week at the current moment.[/font][/b]
"Expectations can often exceed reality."
RP's Active: ?

Tricia

RL is getting pretty crazy as of today's events, nothing bad though! New job. The problem is that I won't have enough time for this lovely group so I guess that the Alien spot is open again for grabs :)

Brandon

Is there still room? because I would like to get in on the game as well
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Kate

If others dont mind I will propose an alien character that may be interesting for others also
.. its not really a treky one or SW one, but one i really like that I have used elsewhere for another thread.

It is very strange - but up to you all to see if its interesting or not.. give me a few min ..

Kate

Name(s): Ayra
Race: Alien
Place of Origin: The dark side of Planet in the constellation of Peladies which is is bathed mainly in moonlight of one of three moons which act as suns for the humid world that is dominated by lakes, rivers, mossy grasses, mushrooms and luminous flowers.
Sexuality: Omnisexual
Powers: (see below)
Height: 7 feet (horns to toes), 5'5" eyes to toes
Weight: 20 kilos.
Wing Span: 31 feet (when stretched)
Very Long Flap-time (very low flap rate) While Hovering her wings will cycle once every 10 seconds, the pace will increase if she wishes to ascend,  or decrease if she wishes to descend. The flapping moves a large area very slowly and is effectively silent but very prone to being upset with strong winds.

General Presence Regal ( via posture, physique and speech )

Ayra moves gracefully, and talks in a breathy musical manner some would easily deem regal or dreamy depending on ones interpretation. This style of voice she must adopt however as sharper use of speech could easily be painful to even her muffled ears.

Powers and Background

"Her" race is born with feathered wings and horns-painful to touch and with sight and hearing so acute they are impractical in planets that are not generally placid. Typically most environments humans relish are painfully loud and bright to the race and to compensate they often adopted a silk-blindfold which also muffles bright lights hearing when
mixing with races more tolerant of such differences.

When in environments too bright for their eyes to be useful, they can picture the area about them made-from-vibrations her horns interpret as alternative sight in the same way bats or whales minds interpret objects from sonar echo's.

By humming, singing or simply listening, the area about the race becomes clear to them however ones voice is a hard thing to keep up each moment one wishes to see so typically the race does adopted a musical instrument which can sound for a long time after being strung, and vestitile and unobtrusive enough to be pleasant background music, a sound most loved listening to. When choosing to accompany humans, their culture was studied for one that wouldn't seem to affronting, and indeed for cultural reasons effort was made to mimic the attire and possessions an angel would expect to be found with.

The choice for their ambassador to adopt a mythical presence imposed for political reasons as the risk of offense due to reflecting the form of an Angel was deemed less than complications which could come from the presence of alien technology.

Reproduction and Sexual Organs

Her race is one of a complex exotic hermaphrodites all personally too fragile to bare children, which instead have taken to rely on either seeding other races or making other races surrogate mothers. When with a male, the received ejaculate is simply used as a lubricant for an internal snake-tongue-shaped organ to enter the mounting male's penis harmlessly though its urethra to deposit an egg in each testicle where they lie dormant until the next time the male deposits into a humanoid female, which would in turn become a surrogate mother.  When with a female however her cliterous will swell into serpantine-shaped-phallus to either fertilize developed eggs that are ovulating or fertilize undeveloped ovum within the ovaries of a humanoid female for subsequently ovulation.

Special Abilities

Sound

Her races musical affinity is literally angelically good, and indeed much of their technology is based on harmonies and mathematics of music. She also has the ability to see like a bat does use echos to deduce her environment. Her eyesight is suited for starlight and full moons are as bright to her as mid-day summer would be to humans To prevent painful experiences during her time on the world she has adopted a silk blindfold which more or less blinds her eyesight leaving only her sonar-bat-like-vision and normal hearing as her prime senses.

This poses a problem for her however as very loud sounds can cause her pain and effectively overwhelm her ability to understand what is happening. Without the ear muffling effect of the blindfold, talking to her without hurting her requires whispering are which is her main form of dialog, although she does not need to be closeby to hear others do so she knows others hearing is not as fine as hers and will approach people such that they can hear her talk while she speaks in a volume that doesn't hurt.

Sixth Sense / Empathy

When relaxed or not distressed herself, Arya can feel the moods and intentions of those about her and even far away, giving her a "emotion and intention map" to navigate with. Using this mind-map she can find those who are in distress while they are asleep and typically would be able to not only sense what they need to feel or know to heal their emotional scars, (be it shame or guilt, depression, or a broken heart), but also be able to partially or wholey heal such while they sleep within minutes on being nearby. All without her "patients" being aware of her actions, believing they just woke up feeling better, freer, happier and "snapped out of their depression" on their own.

"The emotion and intention map" that she can sense is so sensitive it permits her to be able to travel while blindfolded without fear of being surprised and can even use it to foretell weather patterns enough for her to predict the best air-currents in advance to her current state or to prepare cover from.

Frelance

Sorry this took so long.

Name: Nickolay Kaden
Role/Rank on the ship: Engineer
Bio: Nickolay was born in one of the lunar bases while the mining ship he would later grow up on was in space dock going through a full overhaul. He grew up with only a few other children since the Celestra only had a crew of fifty. When he was twelve he started working with the engineers and soon found a place among them. For the next six years he worked on the ship but once he was eighteen he joined a mining crew improving working in zero gravity environmental but after only a year of working with those crews he decided to leave the Celestra.

He moved from colony to colony slowly making his way back to the lunar base he grew up on. Nickolay moved to earth and went through formal training graduating top of his class and applying for a position on the Endeavor.

RedEve do you have an ideas for the kinds of organisms that are native the the planet? I have some ideas if your interested in hearing them.
Evolution is an arms race

RedEve

Hello,

KrystalizedKiss still needs to finish her CS for her captain character before we have a full compliment...

Frelance

Belisuavious

Is there room for one more? Say a member of the security forces, or an assistant to one of the other officers, if they're ok with it.

CaptainErotica

I'm also interested in this if you don't mind adding a few more people. I noticed you don't have a doctor- unless I missed it. I could try my hand as Chief Medical Officer.

RedEve

Krystalized never completed her CS, so we still need an alien and a captain.

Frelance

I can contact a friend and see if he is interested if we end up needing one more person.

Wolfy

Hmm....I'd love to play, but I'd much prefer to be an Alien than human...Perhaps an Alien doctor or something like that.

Le Immortelle

I can play a hard ass, ruthless captain if the spot is still open?

RedEve

Wolfy and Amazon, would love to see a CS for the characters you are suggesting. :)

Le Immortelle

Name: Vaet
Role/Rank on the ship: Captain of Endeavor
Appearance: See picture.
Bio: Vaet was born on the Lunar colony to parents both whom were researchers on the Lunar base. Since a young age she exhibited a keen interest in space travel and always had an eye for adventure which ultimately led her to being enrolled amongst the elite Space Marines where she proved to be an excellent and a very valuable addition to the force, often weeding out whatever small resistnace that was left, which was preventing the mankind from uniting together or even the small rebel colonies which were popping up on Lunar or Martian bases. Through her impressive work, she was rapidly able to gain promotions before eventually being allowed to captain her own ship named The Falcon at a young age of 29.

When the proposal of a unique journey which the Endeavor was about to undertake, Vaet was one of the first names which were suggested and ultimately was chosen to lead through the rigorous interview process for her blend of efficiency and ruthlessness when it came to getting things done and overcoming toughest of the situations. Now, stranded on a strange world, she has not lot any of her hope as she knows being the captain it is her duty to lead from the front and to keep the morale of the crew up and the dangerous situation has made her all the more determned.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Name: Vashadan Xek (Given name, and rank)
Role/Rank on the ship: Alien Observer
Appearance:

Bio: Vashadan is a Xek, a kind of soldier, if her species could be considered to have them at all. In truth her role is closer to that of a scientist and ambassador. Incredibly long-lived like the rest of her species, she has only been an adult for 3 of her years, or approximately 12 human years.

In her youth, she studied to become a Sekkar, a kind of physicist, but the contact with humanity created the need for the Xek. She was recruited in her final years as a student to join a program which would eventually see her join the joint effort on Earth, to develop human FTL capability. She was assigned to be the observer on board the Endeavor, and has come to enjoy the opportunity to observe human behaviour.

Hey everyone, figured I'd join in. ;D
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Wolfy

D'aww....I was just planning to make an Alien..xD

RedEve

Okay, we now have enough people who have submitted a CS to start the game proper. If anyone else wants to take up a role, send me a PM or let me know in here.

RedEve

Okay, this is our cast of characters so far:

TreyWalker:
Name: Chad J Mendes
Role/Rank on the ship: Head of Security
Bio: Has been a Military man since he was 18 years old, and rose up the ranks as a pilot and a soldier. An incident where he was captured at 24 though, resulted in the enemy forces torturing him and damaging his eyes. When he was rescued he went through some ground breaking surgery that returned his vision, even giving him some extra benefits, however because his eyes can malfunction, he isn't allowed to be a pilot ever again.

Is a determined invididual who likes to lead by example. He usually earns the trust of his men by standing by their side and fighting with them with everything he has.

Ignis:
Name: Lucas Drake
Role/Rank on the ship: Second in command
Appearance:
picture

Bio: Lucas was the senior Lieutenant jg  before the voyage and found himself serving as the 4th in command at the time of the crash. Shortly after the crash however Domenic (the second in command at the time of the crash) was grievously injured in the crash and died soon after.

Lucas did come from money but was always fond of space. When he was given the chance to use his family's money and influence to join starfleet and obtain an officer commission he jumped at the chance. He was injured when one of the early FTL attempts malfunctioned and destroyed two other ships and severely damaged his monitoring ship. Shortly after the accident he replaced his left arm as well as parts of his face.

Frelance:

Name: Nickolay Kaden
Role/Rank on the ship: Engineer
Bio: Nickolay was born in one of the lunar bases while the mining ship he would later grow up on was in space dock going through a full overhaul. He grew up with only a few other children since the Celestra only had a crew of fifty. When he was twelve he started working with the engineers and soon found a place among them. For the next six years he worked on the ship but once he was eighteen he joined a mining crew improving working in zero gravity environmental but after only a year of working with those crews he decided to leave the Celestra.

He moved from colony to colony slowly making his way back to the lunar base he grew up on. Nickolay moved to earth and went through formal training graduating top of his class and applying for a position on the Endeavor.

Amazon:
Name: Vaet
Role/Rank on the ship: Captain of Endeavor
Appearance: See picture.
Bio: Vaet was born on the Lunar colony to parents both whom were researchers on the Lunar base. Since a young age she exhibited a keen interest in space travel and always had an eye for adventure which ultimately led her to being enrolled amongst the elite Space Marines where she proved to be an excellent and a very valuable addition to the force, often weeding out whatever small resistance that was left, which was preventing the mankind from uniting together or even the small rebel colonies which were popping up on Lunar or Martian bases. Through her impressive work, she was rapidly able to gain promotions before eventually being allowed to captain her own ship named The Falcon at a young age of 29.

When the proposal of a unique journey which the Endeavor was about to undertake, Vaet was one of the first names which were suggested and ultimately was chosen to lead through the rigorous interview process for her blend of efficiency and ruthlessness when it came to getting things done and overcoming toughest of the situations. Now, stranded on a strange world, she has not let any of her hope as she knows being the captain it is her duty to lead from the front and to keep the morale of the crew up and the dangerous situation has made her all the more determined.

PeacethatPowerbrings:
Name: Vashadan Xek (Given name, and rank)
Role/Rank on the ship: Alien Observer
Appearance:

Bio: Vashadan is a Xek, a kind of soldier, if her species could be considered to have them at all. In truth her role is closer to that of a scientist and ambassador. Incredibly long-lived like the rest of her species, she has only been an adult for 3 of her years, or approximately 12 human years.

In her youth, she studied to become a Sekkar, a kind of physicist, but the contact with humanity created the need for the Xek. She was recruited in her final years as a student to join a program which would eventually see her join the joint effort on Earth, to develop human FTL capability. She was assigned to be the observer on board the Endeavor, and has come to enjoy the opportunity to observe human behaviour.

I will send all of the above folks a PM to confirm their continued involvement and after that I will get started on the OOC and IC threads.

RedEve

I have heard from everyone through PMs, except for TreyWalker...

Frelance

Okay well I hope TreyWalker gets back to you soon.

PeacethatPowerbrings

I hope he does too.

Can we start without him, or do we need to fill that role first?
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.