Harry Potter Mafia Game Thread ~ WIZARDS WIN!!!

Started by Sarena, November 25, 2012, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarena

Welcome to the Ministry of Magic

The time has come.  The Ministry of Magic has been closed to the public in an effort to get things sorted out and rid the wizarding world of this new threat.  The most prominent members of the wizarding community have come together in order to do just that...but are they all working towards the same goal?

First order of business, elect a new Minister of Magic. 

Players:

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Chelemar
James Moriarty
Josietta
Kendra
Kythia
Luna
MCsc
Moirae
Mr Bigglesworth
Niferbelle
persephone325
RedPhoenix
Remiel
Sasha
Starlequin
SunshineSparkle
ThatRPGuy

Roles:

Dark Arts Expert
Seer
Potions Master
Healer
Wizards x1-3

Muggle
Mudblood

Dark Lord/Lady
Dementor
The Impostor
Death Eaters x1-3
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

RedPhoenix

"Well this is quite inconvenient." The dark haired, fair skinned witch in the red robe said. "As a special agent for the Beast Division of the Department of the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, I should be in the field petting some sort of adorable magical cat! But instead a bunch of Aurors are sticking their wands all over my office looking for .... well I'm not sure what exactly but I'm stuck down here for now."

"Right well I guess we need a Minister of Magic. I don't really know any of you. I'm not sure what your qualifications are. I certainly don't want the responsibility, I have many other important things to handle. So." She glanced at the other wizards and witches. "Which of you thinks you have the leadership to save us from the Death Eaters?"
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Kythia

Kythia put on her wizard robe and hat and smiled triumphantly, overjoyed she was the first to get that joke in.

Hew owl had delivered a circular about the upcoming election for Minister of Magic.  A vital job whose purpose was to cast the deciding vote in the event of tie and, presumably, take over from the President of Magic if he became indisposed, though she wasn't entirely sure.  It was definately an important job though.

She drew herself up to her full height and gestured dramatically at her duck familiar.  "So, Mr Waddles.  They are seeking my opinion on the Minster of Magic."  She turned away and gazed thoughtfully out of the window.  "Only the best wizard amongst us can take this vital and not at all sinecure role.  But who?" she spun and demanded of Mr Waddles, who quacked.

"Quack indeed, Mr Waddles.  Quack indeed."  She stirred an alembic thoughtfully, mulling her decision.  "What we must do is clear.  I must design a series of tests, each more fiendish than the last.  Only the very best, the very brightest, will be able to succeed.  Taming a ferocious snarflebeast, refining an Elixir of Trickiness, some sort of Quidditch related test.  This series of challenges will truly distinguish the most suitable candidate.

Mr Waddles quacked.  "What's that Mr Waddles?  Setting up that series of challenges will be difficult and time-consuming?"  He quacked again "And expensive?  Sod it then, I'll just vote Aiden as they're the first name on the list."

Galactic Druid

"I'm sorry that we're such an inconvenience when you have such a massively important job to do..." The auburn-haired wizard replied to Red with a roll of his eyes. Ever since a year or so after the defeat of the dark lord, far too many members of the wizarding community had began to see Aurors and their continued vigilance as a nuisance, it was rather tiring for both sides. It was notoriously problematic at any WTSA checkpoints within the Floo network.

Shaking his head, he glanced around at the congregating wizards. "I personally feel that bloodninja, ahem, I mean Kythia would make an excellent Minister of Magic."
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

RedPhoenix

"Well she does have an adorable familiar...hhhmmm."

Beguile's Mistress

"Five foot two, eyes of blue, but oh what those five feet can do!"

BeMi sang softly as her stiletto shod size sixes tapped their way along the polished wooden floor of the corridor leading to the meeting chamber.  Her robes flowed and swirled and floated around her petite and energetic form then came to rest in a clinging caress around shoulders and hips as she came to a stop and looked around the room.

"Oh!  An election!" she cried with a clap of soft, small hands before combing her fingers through the thick auburn waves that floated like a cloud about her face.  "Now who shall be our new Minister of Magic?"

"I know!" she cried out.  "Josietta!"

Remiel

Remiel entered the Ministry of Magic Office with an appropriately dramatic flourish, his hand-sewn silk cape billowing behind his boots.  As always, his hair was perfectly coiffed, his teeth blindingly white so that, when he smiled, the gleam off his perfect enamel was like the twinkling of a star.  A retinue of admirers and reporters from various wizard newspapers tried to follow him into the room, but two large porters blocked their access.  "Remiel has to perform a bit of ugly business," he addressed them, with much the air of a rock star addressing his fans, "but afterward you will be free to bask in my glory all you like.  Do not worry, my Remielettes! I will not deprive you of my glorious company for long!"

After the doors closed behind him, Remiel marched across the floor and took a seat at the head of the table.  "Now then, as presumed Minister of Magic, let Remiel reassure you that he will do everything he can--everything he can!--to look into these reports of so-called Resurfaced Death Eaters.   Remiel will be vigilant--but fair! He will be diligent--but just! He will be..."

He frowned in annoyance as a ministry employee scurried up and whispered something in his ear.   "What do you mean, the Minister of Magic post hasn't been decided yet?  I naturally assumed that I..."   More whispering.   "Oh,  I cannot vote for myself?  Why not?"   More whispering.   "Oh, very well...."

He cleared his throat and grinned most handsomely at the assembly.  "Ladies and gentlemen, Remiel patiently awaits your votes.  And while I do assume you have the sense to do so, I feel I must point out that a vote not cast for Remiel is a vote cast for...oh, that duck over there."  He pointed at Mr. Waddles, and by extension, Kythia.

RedPhoenix

Red finds it hard to keep from swooning. What panache! What style! What a dazzling man! "Oh what an entrance," She says, putting a hand to her chest as if she has the vapors. A fan appears in her hands as she cools herself down. "I am definitely on team Remiel. For now at least."

"Unless there is an equally attractive but in a similarly non-threatening way counterpart that wants to leap out and announce his candidacy ..." She glances about hopefully.

Aiden

Aiden Head of the "Muggle-Worthy Excuse Committee" leaned against a column with his head in a book and a cigarette in hand. "Why am I not surprised to see the entirety of our well being is being put in the hands of a duck?" He sighed, sparing a glance at the flashy wizard as he took a drag and exhaled the smoke. "Since I can not vote for myself, I will second a vote for Josietta,  I would be very happy having her over me." He said with a slight smile. "But feel free to vote for me." He added, declaring his interest in becoming the new Minister of Magic.

Josietta

Standing before a reflective surface the platinum blonde adjusted her tie, straightening the already perfectly knotted satin before she smoothed her long slender fingers back over her loosely bound locks. A smile spread over her strawberry glossed lips before she glanced with dark blue eyes of her own toward auburn haired witch. She was honored to have been chosen as a nomination for the Minister of Magic. It was a position that did require great leadership and skill to hold. The young witch wasn't sure she had the experience to hold such a title at her age and therefore expressed her opinions on the matter with a soft and yet concise voice.

"I am honored and very gracious that you would think I could hold such a title with so many other qualified wizards and witches about. I place as much faith and confidence in you as you have in myself. We should make our choices wisely and quickly as the night will draw near soon. I for one have missed my evening tea and am famished. Would anyone care to have a bit of licorice snap or sherbert balls? I find the tang in the sherbert balls helps to nip the hunger for a bit."

She reached deep into the pockets of her robe and withdrew a small tin of candies offering them out to the others as she popped a lemon sherbert drop into her mouth. The sweet and tang hit her almost instantly causing her nose to crinkle ever so slightly in that soured look before it straightened out and she smiled to those looking her way. As Remiel entered the office she rose a brow and looked to the others then back to him again trying to stifle back a laugh. Josi nearly choked on her lemon candy in doing so and started to cough a bit. As she turned away she sputtered out her candy, that had nearly lodged itself in her throat, into her hand. A look of distaste crossed her features as she moved to face them once more. Whether the distaste was for the flourish of the egotistical wizard or the sticky candy that ended up in her palm is hard to say. She merely reaches into a pocket and wipes her hand clean.

"Merlin's Balls!!

She flushed a soft pink and looked down then back up in a slight bit of embarrassment. Increasing in color as Aiden speaks his mind of having her over him.

"Umm... yes... so.. as I was stating before, I think BeMi fits the bill."

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Teo Torriatte

Luna looks around, all wide eyed, her long black hair waving behind her as her crystal blue eyes take in the scene around her. Her robe hangs loosely on her small, slender frame, her face is pale and delicate.

Everyone seemed to be voting on a new Minister of Magic, and it looked like Aiden could fit that bill quite nicely.

Sasha

Sasha had been sitting in the corner reading a book ...as she looked up and noticed the voting had started . It was a difficult decision with so many qualified candidates to choose from . Reaching into her pocket ...she pulled out a set of dice . Rolling it onto the polished floor .. pulling two out ..picking them up and rolling again ...several times the sound of the dice sound out into the room . Though it may of just sounded loud .

That was odd she had come across the same two names  Aiden and ThatRPGuy...taking out a quarter she flipped it high in the air and it landed on heads . Obviously Aiden was the tail side least he gathered up enough of it . Stuffing the quarter back into her pocket .  " ThatRPGuy seems a solid choice ...."  shrugging her shoulder as she buried her nose back into the book she was reading on herbs , plants and their natural effects . She had become obsessed with creating various oils and scents that could be used to change ones mood .

Starlequin

Starlequin wandered through the Ministry's halls for several hours, looking for the designated meeting chamber with anxiety that grew faster than Devil's Snare. His first week assigned to the Ministry, his first big meeting, his first chance to show that he wasn't a total lost cause -- and he was blowing it. It didn't help matters at all that everyone else seemed so monumentally busy, so distracted by (well, actually focused on) their own tasks that absolutely no one seemed interested in deigning to point the poor man toward his proper destiny. Which, to Starlequin, said pretty much all that needed to be said about things. He was a nobody, he'd always been a nobody, and now he'd miss what would almost certainly be his only chance ever to not be a nobody, and all because he was too much of a nobody for anybody to notice that somebody was missing...but of course, even if somebody noticed anybody was missing, it was likely that nobody would care about somebody who was so clearly a nobody that they didn't matter to anybody.

'Oughta just chuck the whole mess and go back and join the family business; all mum and dad would do is laugh at me, that wouldn't be so terrib- hey, what's that?'

Commotion down the end of a nearby walk roused Star from his thoughts and his curiosity got the better of him, pulled him toward the ruckus and he peered around the corner to find...the meeting hall! 'I did it, I did it, I did it!' He thought, beaming and dancing a quick jig before his tattered dignity reared its bruised head and bade him enter in a manner befitting his station. And anyone who knew him would say that's exactly what happened.

Unfortunately, Starlequin neglected to watch his step as he crossed the room's threshold, and his left boot caught on the hem of his (slightly oversized hand-me-down) robe, which jerked him forward... which sent him sprawling against a small end table... which bumped against a shelf... which knocked over a jar of greenish-looking powder... which shattered atop the table and dusted Starlequin with a rather liberal dose of enchanted Madagascar Horned Frog skin. As the undiluted potion ingredient wafted over Starlequin's quickly-mutating form he fell to the floor and writhed in discomfort, and simultaneously attempted to remain as small and quiet and unobtrusive as possible, in order not to disrupt the others. The vote was up for a new Minister of Magic, and he absolutely didn't want to be the one that caused such an important and historic even to screech to a halt!

During a lull in the voting, Starlequin managed to lift a purple-tinged hand and squeaked from his spot on the floor near the back of the room.

"Um, I, uh. I think that...um...Josietta would make an excellent Minister...um...and, could someone please help me with a conjuration to get this stuff off me before my bones begin to shift? I'd greatly appreciAGH!...n-never mind, no ru-u-ush..." Starlequin whimpered as his innards began to twist and melt into each other. He fumbled with his wand and muttered quietly to himself, trying to recall the proper motions and incantations as the raw magic wound through his body. "Ugh, Coriolearis? No...Amberflagus? No, that's not...maybe Experitanio? Ahh, I'll never remember it..."
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Chelemar

Chelemar slid gray robes across slender shoulders.  Beckenridge, she snapped her fingers, calling her broom to her, she'd long ago decided that it was silly to call her broom, well broom.  It seemed to her the same as calling her familiar fox familiar, fox or any of the house elves, Elf.  Well, anyway, the ride to the shiny red telephone call box was blessedly peaceful.  She enjoyed entering the Minestry this unconventional way.  Really, flue was fine but call box was more exciting and no soot.   Grinning to herself as she adjusted her hat and straightened her skirt as she stepped off the elevator and entered the grand chamber where voting was to be held. 

A bit of a shiver slid down her spin at the reason they were all being called.  Could the rumor's be true?  Could there really be a new... OWSNBN'd?  Shivering again at the thought, she quick stepped into the room.

There were a few others there before her, but no one she didn't know if only in passing, and as she walked through she smiled and nodded to them.  "Good day, BiMi, Remi, Aiden, Guy, Luna.  A pleasure to see you."  Though she did not stop to speak with anyone at that moment, as she made her way to her seat so as not to interfere with judging.

Lifting a grey gloved hand to her face she stifled a giggle as Remi made his flourish into the room.  He could be such a ponce, but he was adored by so many.   And BeMi, how perfectly lovely she was. So tiny yet, those flaming locks.

Her eye's flicked over at Aiden, and off again as a blush heated her cheeks at his words regarding Josi.  Though she handled what he said graciously and made a pretty speech afterwards. 

The vote today was important for so many reasons.  Guy it seems, is qualified.  She tapped her finger to the side of her nose once before announcing in a clear contralto, "I vote ThatRPGuy." 

Sarena

Vote Tally:

Josietta 3
ThatRPGuy 3
Aiden 2
Kythia 2
Remiel 1
Beguile's Mistress 2

Yet to Vote:
James Moriarty, Kendra, MCsc, Moirae, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, persephone325, SunshineSparkle
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

persephone325

A petite girl had been keeping to herself, reading a book. However, when she realized that they were casting votes for their Minister of Magic she voiced her vote without hesitation;

"I vote for BeMi."

Then, she returned to reading her book.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

James Moriarty

James Rutherfuther Persnivus Canterbury Willard Buckminster Moriarty, IV, tottered into the halls of the Ministry -- it had been many years since he had been there.  At least, he couldn't remember having been there recently -- then again, though he still had a few spells left in him, he was getting on.  He recognized a few other Wizards and Witches and smiled and nodded, trading pleasantries and enjoying the company.  Why, there was young Remiel -- hadn't he just seen a poster advertising his new book, "Memoirs of a Wizard Ahead of His Time"? -- and Beguile's Mistress -- ah, her enthusiasm was undimmed by the troubling tasks ahead -- and so many others he had met during his many, many, many, many years on Earth.

Old enough to have seen other Dark times, he was concerned that the Ministry band together early and with conviction so that they could stand as one against any Wizard who would attempt to "cleanse" the Wizarding or Muggle worlds.  He cleared his throat and began to speak to those near him.  "Back when I was growing up, we..."  He was distracted then, listening to others make their votes for the next Minister.  When silence fell again, he remembered that he had been speaking.  "Oh, where was I?  Ah yes, right.  ThatRPGuy seems like a nice enough fellow.  Let's hope that he can bring the Wizarding community together to..."

Someone had brought a plate of cupcakes and cookies, and once again distracted, James' voice trailed off as he took a nice big yellow frosted one.  He smiled as he took a small bite.  "Did anyone bring any milk?"

Kendra

Kendra Snickersnout sat behind her desk staring up at the flutter of papers above her, she wished at times for the return of the owl posts no matter that the mess had been abysmal. These notes were just far too impersonal for her tastes. One fluttered down to her as if it were more urgent than the rest and sighing loudly she plucked it from the air and read through it carefully.

"Ah I thee" she spoke with a thick lisp through her prominent teeth, pushing her ample bosom upwards as if mollified by what she had read, "stho a new ministher issth being voted on."

Being a minister at the Ludicrous patents office for far too many years now, Maude was certain that her fantastic skills in recognising genius over stupidity was being called upon in such an important matter.
"Well ruling out all the sthupid candidatess, and theresth plenty of thosthe. I sthink Josietta isth a stholid choice" she wrote as much down with her quill and sent the inter-departmental message back for tallying, delighted that her vote had been sought.

Niferbelle

Niferbelle entered the room quietly and stood in the background, leaning against the doorway as she listened to the discussion around her. She smiled a little to herself thinking that she might vote for Kendra just to give everyone ample opportunity to enjoy the lispbut in the end Niferbelle was not cruel as to make a public mockery of anyone. She wasn't entirely convinced of the efficacy of politicians but she thought she should weigh in none-the-less.

"I think the minister needs to be someone decisive. So in keeping with that idea, I vote for Aiden who's not too polite to speak up and say he wants the job."

Beguile's Mistress

BeMi laughs at that last remark as she's never heard anyone accuse Aiden of being too polite.  Leaning an elbow on the table and her chin in her hand she wonders if that's a smirk making his mouth look like that.

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. Bigglesworth had been sitting quietly studying, and contemplating who would be best for the job - "To me the one who would be most objective is Josietta.  With that he sat back down, and brushed his disheveled hair away from his eyes and got back to work.

Sarena

Vote Tally:

Josietta 6
ThatRPGuy 3
Aiden 3
Kythia 2
Remiel 1
Beguile's Mistress 2

Yet to Vote:
MCsc, Moirae, SunshineSparkle

Last Call!  We'll be moving on to Night One Tuesday morning around 8ish.  Sooner if everyone votes before then.  :)

SunshineSparkle

The dark haired witch dropped her book and glasses on the wood desk, she had been paying a closer attention to the voting session. She had been so absorbed by her papers that she hadn't realized it was close to an end
Sunshine raised her head and smiled at Josietta "My vote is for her"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

RedPhoenix

"So um, I may be new to these life and death situations (I was on vacation in the Caribbean when Voldemort attacked Hogwarts, don't look at me that way it was beautiful!) And i'm a little confused. Why is everyone voting for Josietta? Remiel seems like the only one who has said what he'll actually do if we vote him in? Or is this just the sort of thing you need to know?"

Red seems a little concerned, worried maybe she is out of her depth here.

Beguile's Mistress

A vote for Remiel is a vote for Remiel  But a vote for Josietta is a vote for Hogwarts!

Kythia

Kythia turned to RedPhoenix "I fear that is my fault, my dear.  Indirectly, but mine nonetheless.  Mr Waddles, you see, has a great fondness for Sherbert Balls.  And so he is using his considerable oratorical skills to sway others to Josietta's side in the hopes he will be rewarded.  He will not be, though.  He is an uncommonly fat duck already and Sherbert Balls will not help one jot."

Mr Waddles quacked and Kythia glared at him angrily.

"You wash your mouth out Mr Waddles.  It was nothing more than the truth."

Sarena

Vote Tally:

Josietta 6
ThatRPGuy 3
Aiden 3
Kythia 2
Remiel 1
Beguile's Mistress 3

Yet to Vote:
MCsc, Moirae

Last Call!  We'll be moving on to Night One Tuesday morning around 8ish.  Sooner if everyone votes before then.  :)
(Just bringing this to the next page!)

RedPhoenix

Red seems to have no clue what is going on, other than sneakily feeding candy to Mr. Waddles while she thinks Kythia isn't looking!

Missy

MacLoch entered the Ministry of Magic dressed more like a warrior of olden times than a wizard, but then what would one expect from celtic royalty? Though he was indeed a member of the royal family he didn't enter with fanfair or with any great tumult of noise, nothing to draw attention to himself or to set himself apart more than his attire already had. Instead he entered the hall with a quiet grace and lithe motion which would have allowed him to blend easily, if not for his attire, with the other assembled attendees at the seat of magical governance.

MacLoch took his seat near the head of the table, yet not so close as to have his voice drowned out by the ever so humble Remiel. MacLoch observed with quiet concentration the words spoken by each other sorcerer. Making mental note of each wizard or witches demeanor and quirks to discern which would make the most likely candidate to serve as Minister of Magic. The various wizards and witches each offered votes for one another, some offering reasoning others offering very little. In the end he cast his vote for Beguile's Misstress

Sarena

With 6 votes in her favor, Josietta is elected the new Minister of Magic as the group tries to make sense of the latest news in The Daily Prophet.

These are very truly troubling times!  With this latest discovery of the missing artifact, wizards all over the world are worried that the new Dark Wizard is  on a fast rise to power.  While it is still unclear who or what caused the disappearance of Merlin's Beard, it is clear that something must be done quickly.  We can only hope that the group gathered at the Ministry of Magic are up to the task!

Night One Begins!

Death Eaters and the rest of you lot will be getting a PM shortly from me to let you know who you all are!

The rest of you with night abilities, PM me with what you would like to do, Dark Arts Expert and Seer, this mainly means you! 

Remiel

Remiel listened to the votes being cast with an increasingly growing sense of confusion and shock.  Did they not hear him?  Did they not know that he, Remiel Remielingtonton, Head of the Ministry of Muggle Affairs and winner of Who's Who in Wizarding's "Most Handsome Wizard" contest five years running, was running for Minister of Magic?  Completely nonplussed, he found, that perhaps for the first time in many months, that he was left bereft of speech.

"Well," he said at last, with barely concealed bad grace, when the votes were tallied and Josietta was named the new Minister, "Remiel wishes you all the best of luck.  While I am sure that Josietta is a fine witch and will make an adequately capable Minister, should you all come to your senses and wish to address the Death Eater problem seriously, you all know where to find me. "

He drew himself up, intending to sweep haughtily from the room; unfortunately, this was not helped when the edge of his robe  became entangled with the leg of his chair, and he tripped, sprawling, to the floor.  Barely a second had passed, however, before he jumped back up, straightening his vest and tie, and smoothing out his trousers.  With his chin held high, sniffing in affronted disdain, he crossed to the chamber doors and opened them.

Immediately the hall became a fracas of noise and activity as the reporters of various sundry publications, in addition to Remiel's groupies, noticed his reappearance.  His expression transformed in an instant, going from bad-tempered to all sunny smiles.  "Yes, my friends, the Ministry has decided to take action.  While I, obviously, was the natural candidate for the Minister of Magic position, it was decided that a wizard of my experience and, let's face it, charm, should be more involved in a more practical, hands-on approach.  I shall personally launch an investigation into..."

With that, the doors closed behind him, thankfully muting the hubbub.

Sarena

With the dawn of another day, the news of Moirae's death spread quickly.  A quick search of her office and belongings at the Ministry of Magic revealed her to be nothing more than an innocent wizard, there trying to make the world a better place for Muggles and Wizards alike. 

But who was responsible for this terrible deed?  The remaining wizards in attendance at the Ministry are left to try and pick up the pieces and hopefully find the one responsible. 

VOTE!

Players:

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Chelemar
James Moriarty
Josietta
Kendra
Kythia
Luna
MCsc
Mr Bigglesworth
Niferbelle
persephone325
RedPhoenix
Remiel
Sasha
Starlequin
SunshineSparkle
ThatRPGuy

Roles:

Dark Arts Expert
Seer
Potions Master
Healer
Wizards x4-7

Muggle
Mudblood

Dark Lord/Lady
Dementor
The Impostor
Death Eaters x2-4

Josietta

Josietta was surprised to hear her name being spoken by so many. It was an honor that they would deem her worthy of such a task. She smiled and nodded to those who voted in her favor. The newly voted in Minister of Magic then looked to the wizard named Remiel as he became entangled in his own flashy cape before he quickly recovered from his tumble. She rose a brow and almost took a step forward to assist him but saw it was unnecessary. Instead she nodded to him and thanked those present for their confidence in her ability to lead them in the right direction.

After they all adjourned she headed for her new office to gather her bearings and get a bit to eat. She would rest and contemplate on what needed to be done and how to make the best leader for the oncoming days.

The following day she arrived early to be sure things were in place as they should be. Before she made it to the office however she had to make a quick stop by the snack shop and picked up a nice box of cauldron cakes for those who wandered in and out of the Ministry as well as a sack of candies for her office. She always had some sort of candy on her person whether it was sherbert balls, ice mice, fizzing whizzbees, or just a bit of licorice snap. Then there was the odd chocolate wand or sugar quill that she tucked in her hand bag. One could never tell if a meeting would delay tea time or dinner.

Upon arriving at the Ministry with her box and bag in hand, Josi noticed a disturbance. She frowned as she heard whispers of death eaters being the cause of one of their own innocent wizards. Moirae's death would not go unpunished and she hoped to bring about the perpetrators quickly. Slipping into her office to set her items into place she pushed her fingers through her long blonde hair and sighed deeply. She'd have to look over the clues and figure this out. It was her duty as the Minister to do so.  After settling behind her desk she sat consulting her runes and tea leaves for a bit before moving out into the open area where the others would soon be gathered. Maybe Remiel was to blame here. He could be trying to prove a point or exact revenge on those who didn't support him. Maybe she was an example he was trying to show others who didn't tremble before him. Maybe he was in cahoots with the Dark Lord. There were so many maybes. She hoped the runes would be right in what she ascertained from them.

Josietta popped an orange sherbert ball into her mouth and paced back and forth in thought for a moment. She hoped others would arrive to help work out these clues and to give their own insight. Her divinations weren't usually wrong, but she'd let others speak what they thought on the matter before she uttered a word.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Chelemar

Chelamar sat at her desk in the Ministry's Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes where she had just finished up a report regarding the clean up of an older wizard who had had a bit of a mind mumble and had exposed himself to a few muggles in a London resturant.  While she enjoyed her work most of the time; she knew no one who enjoyed the reporting aspect of the job.  With a flick of her wand, the report grew wings and headed to the appropriate office for filing. 

A quick glance at her wrist told her that it was mid morning and a perfect time to welcome the new MoM.  Although she'd voted for Guy as MoM, she did believe that Josi could do a good job despite her youth as she had handled Aiden's tease, for all her youth, quite nicely.

Grabbing a bottle of elf-made wine she'd wrapped in silver tinsel, she made her way to the MoM's office.  With a soft wrap, she knocked.  "Madam Minister, It is I, Chelemar, May I join you?" 

Starlequin

Starlequin sat dejectedly atop a small lily pad he'd managed to conjure the night before; he suspected he'd need to get used to his new appearance for a while. Not that he could really complain, as his fellow wizards clearly had greater concerns to tend to than an incompetent young intern who couldn't even manage a simple shapeshifting hex. And it had been rather exciting, sleeping in one of the many offices of the Ministry and waking to find such a flurry of activity going on the next morning. It felt like he'd really arrived, like he really had a chance to be a part of something important.

Then he'd overheard talk that a fellow witch had been murdered in the night, and the stark reality sank in. These weren't stories anymore, this was serious! And...he, Starlequin, was right in the thick of it. He honestly couldn't imagine a worse situation, and resolved that he would do everything in his meager power to stay out of everyone else's way and cause as little trouble as possible. Thankfully it looked like his new appearance wouldn't promote too much chaos; he'd already been stepped on once yesterday, and the poor witch had barely even noticed him under her boot. Yes, it seemed the smart thing to do would just be to find a nice, quiet corner and wait until someone needed him. Or until this whole dark wizard mess was sorted out by the professionals, that would work out nicely too.

Star watched the comings and goings of the other wizards, the zipping along of papers and memos and winged reports, and couldn't stop himself from wondering what tidbits and clues they were all bringing in. He was sure their newly elected Minister would get things under control poste haste, but a small part of him dared to dream that he might be able to provide some critical aid, rescue an imperiled witch or wizard or uncover a vital secret that could put an end to this rising tide of evil before it engulfed them all...and he had a feeling that ThatRPGuy might be the type to be hiding such a secret. Starlequin's little froggy eyes widened as the offices' activity grew more fervent; if there was anything sinister going on, he would do his best not to miss it.

Josietta

Glancing up to see she had a visitor, Josietta smiled and nodded to her. She was glad to see someone else around and yet at the same time she was worried about how she might be handling the situation. With pursed lips she turned and walked around to greet Chele.  The woman was good at her job and got things done efficiently. The Minister was glad to see such a hard worker approaching her. Mayhaps she could give some of her own insight in on the current events.

"Good to see you again Chelemar. Do you think perhaps last nights events might have been some sort of accident, with Moirae that is? Or is it confirmed to be a personal attack? I fear for the worst."

She chewed at the inside of her lip before pushing back a stray lock behind one ear. Her gaze shifted from the female across from her to the paperwork on her desk. She straightened up the corners and then picked up her tea cup and looked into it once more before looking back to Chelemar.

"I am sorry to thrust the bad news out so quickly there... can I offer you a cauldron cake? or maybe some sweets?"

She motioned to a small table off to the side where the cakes sat delicately stacked on a crystal three tiered platter. Below that was a couple different candy dishes with assorted types of sweets.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Kythia

Kythia, roving reporter for the Daily Prophet, stepped away from the noticeboard and admired her work.  Pinned on it were illustrations of everyone important in the wizarding world.  She mused for a moment then swapped two pictures round and nodded with satisfaction.

"There see Mr Waddles.  I told you there was no need to waste time interrogating suspects and checking alibis.  This system is far far simpler.  I have simply ranked every likely suspect by their evilness quotient.  Ranging from me" she tapped the photo of her with her wand "all the way up to Luna"

Mr Waddles quacked and she shook her head in irritation.  "No of course not idiotic duck.  Had it been Remiel he would have left a signed photo at the scene and would have contacted the newspaper immediately.  He contacts us to make sure we know about everything he does - do you think he'd let something so important as his part in the rise of a new Dark Lord be overlooked?  No, Luna is our woman."

He quacked again.  "No.  Niferbelle isn't giantish for "I'm a stupid evil Death Eater"  Don't argue with me Mr Waddles.  And besides, I have proof"

She drew her wand and with a few quick gestures made glowing letters appear in the air - L U N A.  "Now, Mr Waddles.  Observe.  If we change that L, to an E, the U to a V, the N to an I and the A to a L then what do we get?"  A few more gestures and E V I L was spelled out in the air.

"Thought I wouldn't crack your code, eh Luna?  Well, you underestimated me."

Teo Torriatte

Luna was kind of shocked when she heard that Kythia was going on about some kind of secret code, and it was true that she found herself fascinated by such things, but she was pretty sure her name wasn't code for evil. More like, "CUTE" or something, if anything.

What wasn't so cute, was that they had already lost a wizard to the Death Eaters. As if if hadn't been sinister enough to steal Merlin's beard!

But Kythia's reporter's instinct and erroneous code translations did not necessarily make her a suspect as far as the slender, dark haired girl was concerned. No, she would not let such things cloud her judgement. The fact was, she really had no idea. So she figured that Aiden might be a good place to start, even though she had voted for him to be their Master of Wizardry.

Sasha

Sasha had found a quiant little table in the back coner ...it sat in the shadows of the room . When the sun was full up though the area would light up and be perfect for the reading of a good book . She loved books more than anything ...studied this and that . Fascinating every work ...it was a hunger that she could not live without . Licking her lips as she read the newsarticle . Eyes going wide at the mention of one that should not be named . Horror really....though she had a curiosity about such things .

How did it feel to be that scared ....what a battle it must of been . She could write the story ...tell the tale . It would make millions . Letting her mind wonder at the possibilites . Then she remembered that little twit had already done that.

Names had been tossed about then as she returned to what had happened to that poor wizard . It was true Remiel was not all that happy about having not been chosen ..to play MOM . Sounded like a horrid thing to her ....mean who would want all those voices babbling in your ear , constantly ...every problem ...nightmare , whatever . She didn't think so ...had to be someone else .

" Indeed Luna was probably out dancing in the moonlight ..." with a wave of her hand , stopping as she watched Kythia spelling the words in the air and moving them about . Wow ...she wasn't all that shy about things . "Your not funny,  Kythia ...you know that ? Some respect for the departed ...you know . "  Whispering that last part . Everyone here was slightly off their rocker anyways better to keep to yourself that was for sure .  Being here was like some twisted Alice in Wonderland remake that hit the Steampnk culture .

Smiling though as she swallowed and looked back down into the paper to see what all else it might contain . Sometimes the lesser articles were more entertaining . One thing would be sure today would be filled with many whispered conversations .

Shaking her head and letting out a sigh ...her mind drifting back in time . Death eaters were vile ...not able to help the shiver that ran through her body .  Really not a time to be making jokes about moving the letters around in someones name . 

Chelemar

Chelemar smiled at Josietta, more with her lips than her eyes,as she knew the other wizard but only in passing, but a smile nonetheless.  She could see the young woman had set her office up quickly and seemed to be doing quite a good job already. 

"Hello my dear Josi... excuse me, I mean Madam  Minister."  Blushing slightly at her mistake, She nodded, and added, "Congratulations, though as you know I didn't vote for you, I do believe you will do a wonderful job."   

"The news of the young witch is absolutely horrible," she nodded her head, not bringing herself to even say the victim's name.  "I worked with her awhile ago.  Not a bad sort at all.  Loved to swing in hammocks."  With a final tut, she sighed.

"All the talk of a n DL,"  she shook her head.  "Craziness, and now this Madam.  You must be overwhelmed." She smiled at the offer if a sweet."  "Oh, I'd love one thank you.  I have something that would go wonderful with a sweet cake or two."  Reaching into her bag, she removed the silver rapped bottle of elf-made wine.  "It's of a master vintage from my family's private stock.  Noticing last evening your fondness of sweets, I thought you might like a desert wine as well." 

As she nibbled her cake, she addressed the delicate issue of the murder.  "I do think, however, that it's possible that with all his pinache and flair, that there is something ... well, peculiar about Remiel.  He would be my suspect.  So much anger behind that beguiling smile.

Sarena

Vote Tallies

Remiel 3
ThatRPGuy 1
Luna 2
Aiden 1
Kythia 1

Yet to Vote:
Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, James Moriarty, Kendra, MCsc, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, persephone325, RedPhoenix, Remiel, SunshineSparkle, ThatRPGuy

Missy

MacLoch had read the papers first thing in the morning when he awoke, early as always and read his paper, delivered by owl. It was quite a shock that someone whom he had only just met the night before was now gone from the world, and by the means of dark arts no less. It was for such cause that MacLoch had wasted no time in his morning preparations, slowing only to prepare his morning brew. It was then that Macloch hopped on his broomstick and proceeded directly to the Ministry without delay.

MacLoch strode into the ministry with a sense of purpose in his step. Unlike the day before when he chose to enter quietly and unnoticed as possible, today his step and posture were that of a man on a mission, a man with a task set before him which must most assuredly be accomplished  above all else. He made his way directly to the new Ministers office, he may not have voted for her but now was not the time for diversion in opinions to prevent this body from achieving it's function. "Minister, may I congratulate you on your election and offer you my full support in this tiem of crisis. If there is anythign you need, please do not hesitate to ask"

After conversing with the Minister a moment he too had to agreee: there was somethign suspicious about Remiel

Niferbelle

Niferbelle had been so disturbed by the news of Moirae's demise that she had rushed right over to the ministry though it meant leaving an attractive wizard she'd met the night before slumbering in her bed and foregoing her usual morning routine in the potions lab. Her mood was not improved when she arrived and overheard what she considered mostly dithering in response to the tragedy. At this rate, how could they possibly get to the bottom of things?

"Do you honestly think Remiel is intelligent enough to be responsible for such sophistry?" She asked, the expression on her lovely face making clear her answer to that question. "I, remarkably enough, find myself agreeing with Kythia though certainly not as a result of that ridiculous wordplay or whatever you want to call it. Luna strikes me as suspicious as well. What do we really know about her?"

SunshineSparkle

When reading the day's paper, Sunshine did not expect to see such horrifying news about what had happened to Moirae. General panic settled over as the Death Eaters began targeting them, she had heard the fearful whispers in the hallways while on her way to the lab where she had tried out a few potions while her mind was still on the saddening event. Who could it be?

Accusations were flying in all the directions, she didn't think that Remiel would put himself in a compromising position after his obvious disappointment for not being elected MoM.
"I must admit it is a delicate situation we have here, I do agree with Niferbelle about Remiel ... However, my suspicions are rising when it comes to Kythia"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Beguile's Mistress

BeMi took a sip of her rose hip and mulberry tea.  The cup went back onto the saucer floating beside her while she sniggered at the fact that some thought Remiel could dispatch a witch.

"Bah!  He'd miss with that wand of his and probably disapparate his foot or a nose from one of the students and then turn the poor thing's hair purple trying to apparate it again."  She nibbled at a pineapple and bacon sandwich plucking a linen napkin out of the air to blot her lips.  Sounds and voices had been hovering around her all day and taking a moment now she listened to the cacophony.  There was much confusion to be heard and some fear and worry as well.  Sighing she finally made a decision.

"Guy."

Aiden

The familiar whooshing sound of a new arrival via the fireplace (Floo network) announced the arrival of Aiden, the half-blood wizard spent more time in the world he was familiar then the other. He was not aware as to why the Ministry and its ever constant activity had grounded to a halt until he learned of the death. Most had gathered to express their beliefs on who could be at the root of it all had him worried. His delivery owl arrived with his copy of the Prophet and like clockwork he began to look through it. It was his job to keep muggles blissfully unaware of the workings of wizards but with rumors off death eaters and a new Dark lord had him worried not only for his own safety but the safety of those who could not protect themselves.

"The only thing Remiel is guilty of is poor sense of style." He tried to joke to lighten the atmosphere and pull the attention from his fellow colleague. But the truth was, someone was responsible but he could not picture anyone of committing the murder, not anyone who had for a long time at the Ministry which led him to look in the direction of an apprentice. "The frog (Starlequin)...what is his deal?" Aiden inquired, walking over towards the lily pad with a confused look on his face. He was not familiar with the person. "Have you been hexed or just an unregistered animagus? Whichever you are you better speak....croak up."

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. Bigglesworth stumbled into the hall, his pristine coat singed from a potion-mixing gone wrong.  He had heard of Moirae's demise at the hands of the death eaters earlier in the day, and had been mulling over in his mind who could be at fault; a distraction he blamed his little potion-mixing mishap on.  Many of the faces were new to him; Remiel's was not.  Sure Remiel, with his hand sewn cape and fancy cloths could be full of pomp and hot-air, but was he really a death eater among them?

"I cannot believe Remiel is capable of harming anybody for real - Aiden, however I am not too sure about."

He left his words to linger in the air before quietly retreating back to his lab.

Sarena

Vote Tallies

Remiel 2
ThatRPGuy 2
Luna 4
Aiden 2
Kythia 2
Starlequin 1

Yet to Vote:
James Moriarty, Kendra, persephone325, RedPhoenix, Remiel, ThatRPGuy

James Moriarty

Pushing the frame of his glasses up the bridge of his nose, he peered at the announcement of Moirae's demise and frowned.  These were dark times indeed that such a soul would be taken from us, sight unseen.

Listening to the others lay their doubts on the table, James shook his head sadly and tottered forward.  "Remiel?  You are voting for one of the most brilliant writers of our time -- are you certain that such a handsome man could be behind all this?"  He took a bite of a large, moist, sumptuous lemon poppy seed muffin and sighed.  "No, the one I worry about is Luna -- the moon is a fickle mistress, she is, and can cause all sorts of madness in men and women alike.  I would like to know what she has to say on all these gray matters."

Chelemar

Chelamar had returned to her office for a few hours to catch up on yet more paperwork, then returned to Minister's.  There seemed to have been a number of people gathered there voicing their opinion.  This is a good thing. She mumbled to herself.  The more thoughts on the matter the better.

She listened with silent contemplation as the others spoke.  Then in a moment of quiet, touched her finger to her nose, and spoke, "Madam Minister, I have been convinced to change my mind by some of the votes of the others.  Luna I believe James has it right.  Also, to give proper worship, she must be out late, and so who better then to have the chance.  Last night, the moon was in Orion,the Hunter, so clear and telling, that.  Yes, yes. Luna it is for me."  She added her own bit of reasoning as well, her nod firm.

RedPhoenix

Red looks up from the Aiden / Remiel slash fanfiction she's been working on and puts the quill to her lips. "Ummm. Huh. You know guys. I think we should take this a little more seriously. I mean, wizards are dying." She pauses and realizes maybe people were expecting more than that from her and sighs. "No, no I don't know what to do either."

She goes back to writing.

Remiel said to Aiden "You look so cool with that cigarette I just couldn't stop thinking about you." as he emerged from the fountain.

persephone325

Sephie heard the news about the same time as everyone else. Everyone was quick to accuse everyone else, and to blame someone for the tragedy. However, Persephone just observed their actions for a while before coming to a conclusion herself.

The person who seemed the most suspicious to her, was Kythia. She was quick to make such a big scene in trying to accuse Luna, and quite a few people were already jumping on that bandwagon.

Athena, Persephone's guardian tiger, came over and nudged her hand. The commotion was making her uneasy. Sephie tapped her hand on her lap, and Athena jumped up to snuggle. She stroked her head gently and smiled. "No need to worry. This will get sorted out quickly." Sephie told her.

Although, a part of her wasn't so sure.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Remiel

Remiel was, of course, well away from the Ministry by the time the news of Moirae's death caught up with him.  He was in Flourish & Botts, signing copies of his latest literary triumph, Memoirs of a Wizard Ahead of His Time.  He had just finished scribbling his signatures inside the covers of his book for a group of giggling, starstruck young witches when a messenger came bustling up to whisper in his ear.

He paled at the news, his eyes going wide as saucers when he was gravely informed of Moirae's untimely demise and that he, Remiel, was being accused of perpetrating the heinous crime.  But even that did not rattle him as much as an even more insidious and perfidious accusation.

"Poor sense of style?!" he sputtered, his cheeks flushed red with outrage.  "But I... I never...who does he...the nerve!"   He leapt to his feet and stormed out of the bookstore, muttering a string of imprecations under his breath.  "Who does Aiden think he is, saying I have a poor sense of style?  I am nothing but style!  Why, all of my vests are hand-spun unicorn hair, and my cloaks are 100% sphinx fur!  He wouldn't know style if it settled around his fat, ugly head like an ascot!"

He continued to grumble darkly, Apparating back in the Ministry offices with an explosion of purple smoke and fairy dust.  "I challenge you, sir, to a duel!" he shouted at Aiden, brandishing his wand for emphasis.  "Josietta may be acting under an Imperius curse, but even she did not accuse me of having a poor sense of style!"   

RedPhoenix

Red's tongue squeezed out the side of her mouth as she focused.

"Why do you have all these news articles about me hanging up?" Remiel asked Aiden in shock as he finally saw the inside of his trailer by the beach where he kept his cool motorcycles.

"Look just because I'm a badass doesn't mean I don't have a sensitive side too." Said Aiden as he stroked the kitten he had rescued a few days ago.

"Oh, what's the cat's name?" Remiel asked, stepping closer and petting it too.

"Red. I named it after a princess I met. A princess who is cursed to never know love." Aiden said as he looked up into Remiel's eyes. They stared at each other forever as they petted the cat.

"Oh, I got you a new hat for your birthday." Said Remiel.

"Oh god I got you the same hat." Said Aiden.

"Well let's see how these look...on the floor...." and they kissed.

"Argh! No! Why would they put their hats on the floor that doesn't even..." Red sighed in frustration as she crumpled up the paper and throw it behind it where it bounced off of Kythia's head.

Sarena

Vote Tallies

Luna 5
Kythia 4
Remiel 2
ThatRPGuy 2
Aiden 2
Starlequin 1
Josietta 1
Mr Bigglesworth 1

Yet to Vote:
Kendra, ThatRPGuy

Last Call:  Moving forward in about 12 hours-ish.

Kendra

Oh that anyone would kill off such a wonderful witch as Moirae was too much for Kendra Maude Snickersnout to cope with. Bustling from her own office with a crumpled copy of the Daily Prophet in hand she made her way hastily to the elevator. The contraption moved sideways through the building opening and closing to allow others on and off as well as a deluge of interdepartmental memos whizzing like confetti over her head. She needed to make her way swiftly to the staff room and hope there was some measure of a calming draught in the cupboards to add to her morning tea.

Everyone that joined her in the elevator of course were buzzing with the news but Kendra kept her thoughts to herself. She could not imagine why anyone would want to hurt such a delightful person such as Moirae. Merlin only knew what sort of evil was now lurking again, Death Eaters! She had truly hoped that with the demise of He Who Should Not Be Named ... though every one was naming him these days ... that the infernal DE would disband. It seemed not the case and now her dear friend had fallen because of their dark ways. Hurrying out of the elevator she scurried along, what of Mr. Bigglesworth, that wizard was a danger to everyone including himself with those potions of his. Was that a ruse, was he really plotting the downfall of the Ministry from within with poisonous brews? Kendra stopped in her tracks, could he be a death eater?

Galactic Druid

(Sorry everyone, I'm in a big rush today, busy weekend and all, I'll add some flavor text to my next post, but I'll just vote for now to keep from slowing everyone else down.)

"I'm sorry, Luna."

Sarena

Voting Results:

The decision made, Luna was dragged off, never to be seen again.  A swift search of her belongings and office within the Ministry of Magic revealed that she was just another wizard here to try and stave off the threat of another Dark Lord/Lady.  It seems the wizards are on an unlucky streak. 

Night Phase Begins!

Those with Night abilities, PM me and let me know who you want to attack/guard/scry etc!

Kythia

"No no no."  Kythia explained.  "You clearly don't understand the system.  They were ranked in order of most evil, not in order of most likely to be a death eater.  Luna was clearly incredibly evil, world shakingly evil, too evil even for the Dark Lord.  The important point to remember is that my system definately works."

Quack

"No.  It's not as stupid as most of your ideas but in this case it stands for Role Play.  That Role Play Guy."

Quack

"Oh, it's a muggle thing.  They sit at home on their computers and pretend to be witches and wizards, writing out what they'd do.  Stupid if you ask me.  And a little creepy."

Quack

"No, you're not a death eater.  Do you even know what a death eater is?"

Quack

"No.  That, that couldn't possibly be more wrong.  You clearly don't know what a Death Eater is and frankly, based on that answer, I don't believe you know what a walrus is either.  Now, be quiet.  We're all sitting at home on our own with our backs to the door and no defensive spells."

Beguile's Mistress

BeMi wonders as she sips her tea why the smell of duck confit is suddenly teasing her.

Sarena

Everyone was on edge as morning came.  Would there be another attack?  With the news of a flying car making headlines in all of the major papers, muggles and wizards alike, there was a collective sigh of relief among the wizards gathered at the Ministry of Magic.  The wizards were lucky this night.  Either the healer or the guardian were doing their job and well.  However, they still had to find the Death Eaters and the new Dark Wizard.  Someone still had to pay for the deaths of the innocent wizards.

Fun with Potions

One unwitting wizard's words have unlocked the first event.  Please make sure to read and start immediately, and for the love of everything literary, HAVE FUN WITH IT!  There has been a terrible accident in the potion master’s lab and for the duration of the next night/day cycle, players are required to speak in rhyme! This includes PMs as well as in game posts!  GM will announce when it is over. 

VOTE!

Players:

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Chelemar
James Moriarty
Josietta
Kendra
Kythia
MCsc
Mr Bigglesworth
Niferbelle
persephone325
RedPhoenix
Remiel
Sasha
Starlequin
SunshineSparkle
ThatRPGuy

Roles:

Dark Arts Expert
Seer
Potions Master
Healer
Wizards x3-6

Muggle
Mudblood

Dark Lord/Lady
Dementor
The Impostor
Death Eaters x2-4

RedPhoenix

Red rubbed her head and glared at Kythia.

"Well this is quite a mess
You had better confess
Your witchy evil-ness
You wicked temptress!"

She blinked and tried to stare down at her own mouth. Which is pretty tricky.

"Who could cast such a spell
In this dark, dire time
Death eaters and ducks
And now we must rhyme?!?!?"

Kythia

Kythia carefully took down the picture of the undoubtedly evil Luna from her wall display and checked who was next.  She was just about to point out their next target when RedPhoenix spoke up.  She looked at her in confusion.

"Noone knew for sure
At that most early time
And while Luna is impure
I think you're wrong to, no wait that doesn't rhyme.

The point I'm trying to burst
(If we pretend burst means "make")
Is that in voting first
Its something something cake

I'm realise that bad, this is going
Yoga-style, I've lost the scantion
But you have know way of knowing
Man, wish I hadn't said "scantion"

An early vote isn't a trend
Later voters made us cash her book
Others agreed with me, my friend
And it's towards them we should look.

People voting later, such as Chelemar
Are the reason we saw Luna's back
I think my duck sees quite far
When he points out: "Quack quack quack"

Galactic Druid

Bursting from his office, Guy shouted across the room;

"Now this will not do! We're supposed to be Aurors!
I can't sound like a clown while I face evil horrors!

I would like a word, with our potions school;
This scandalous act makes you a downright fool!

This was no mistake, you're playing some game,
With a Dark Lord about! You should be ashamed!

And so I must say, at risk of sounding crass,
Take your magic, and shove it up your nose!"

With that, he stormed back into his office to figure out just who was responsible.

Kythia

"Mr Waddles has just said to me
That I made a spelling error
With no way to change history
I'll use this to clear the air.

Star Wars, incudes a character named
Yoda, but in mistake
Yoga, is what I actually claimed
Blah blah blah snake."

RedPhoenix

"You're just covering up that your logic is lame!
I bet you meant yoga until you tried to do crane!"

RedPhoenix replied crossing her arms.

Kythia

"I tire of ABAB
But I'm enjoying speaking in rhyme
Shakespearean Sonnet for me
Or, at least, this time

CDCD now in the joint
While I point out in seclusion
Your argument's final point
It's finale, its conclusion

Claiming that leading the stakes
Against Luna makes me bad
Requires my evil teammates
To ALL follow, which is mad

For, RedPhoenix, the case is  as I hope you see
If I were starting a bandwagon, every single death eater would have had to agree

Beguile's Mistress

Rhyme, schmyme! 
That’s so sublime!
I can speak in rhyme
Any old time!

Death eaters dance by the dark of the moon
And wizards and witches will look for them soon.
Should dark magic get the upper hand
There is no hope for saving our land..
Now, I’m sure it’s Kythia who is a Dark Lord’s goon.

Kythia

Quack
Quack
Quack
Quack

"Oh, that's too easy Mr Waddles
It really is absurd
It's very easy to make rhymes
When you only say one word."

Chelemar

Chelemar lifed her left eyebrow at the one named Kythia's words
The witch with the duckie, really seemed absurd.

How she chattered with the web footed one
made her seem as though moon struck,
How to take her seriously
when her advice comes from a duck?

She really could be crackers.
Chelemar hanged her head in  sorrow
but, I'd really like to awaken
with my head intact, tomorrow.

And then there's the terrible murders
The evil that's in the air
People sneaking around in darkness
Witches dying everywhere.

The killer is among us,
that much she knew was true,
But how to figure out
the one we must persue.

Chelemar sat and pondered
she studied and she spelled
she potioned and she puzzled
then finally, with a snap of fingers,
she jumped up,and she yelled.

"Duck, dark, sounds with art,
the witch's shifty ruse "
as suddenly she knew.
"Kythia is a ditz at all,
but a dark one in disguise,
and the duck? Why it could really be
an Acromantula
with eight huge watching eyes."

RedPhoenix

"Ah this is horrible, my mind is all rotten
Kendra cast a vote she'd hope'd be forgotten!
A vote for a cat at the end of the day?
With hours to go and no possible sway?
What could it accomplish what was the plan?
Unless she works for a snake faced man!
Appearing to talk when really she babbles
Let's cast spells at her til the Riddle unravels!"

Mr Bigglesworth

Last night we all survived
Thanks to the guardian or healer Mr. B. surmised.

Safe he did not feel
This situation was not ideal.

It would be no surprise if,
among them the Death Eaters did thrive.

Were they safe with Chelemar around?
He thought not, and said so, standing his ground.

Sarena

Voting Tally:

Chelemar 2
Kythia 3
Kendra 1
Josietta 1

Yet to Vote:
Aiden, James Moriarty, Josietta, Kendra, MCsc, Niferbelle, persephone325, Remiel, Sasha, Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, ThatRPGuy

Remiel

Remiel squared up, glaring at Aiden, tossing his ostentatious cloak back with a flourish.  He lifted his wand, made out of jerkwood and a fop hair core, and raised his off-hand at a jaunty angle.  As a pose, it was particularly impressive.  Remiel was nothing if not a showman, and he decided to give his fans a show. 

"Ready?" he challenged Aiden.  "En garde!"  He stepped forward.  "EXPELLISMARMUS!"  A flash of brilliant blue light leapt from the wand.  Unfortunately, it bounced off of Aiden's belt buckle, rebounded and hit him right smack in the face.  He had barely time to register a shocked expression before he was sent reeling, tumbling head over heels, to crumple in a sad heap.

He picked himself up, coughing in the billowing, brightly-colored smoke that had resulted from his misfired spell.  It seemed to be spreading, wafting throughout the building.

"I meant to do that," he coughed, adding,  "In what have I sat?"

Something quacked angrily underneath him.  It was Mr. Waddles the duck, Kythia's familiar.  As Remiel leapt up in alarm, the duck, outraged at being sat upon, bit the wizard in the derriére.

"Ouch! My rear!" he shouted, then looked confused. "What is going on here?
Forced to rhyme? How curious.  In time, I'll be furious!
'Tis a most wicked curse makes me now speak in verse!
Who's behind this? Who indeed? Who's behind this foul deed?
'Tis the Dark Lord! It must be! What a catastrophe!

But who hides in clever guise in front of trusting eyes?
Is it Chelemar? Is she at fault? Is she behind the assault?
No, 'twas not her! I cannot speak for sure,
but she seems in this sport like the trustworthy sort.
And just as a Jinx spell contains Witch's Wort,
I can vouch for her.  By my aunt Greta,
I still suspect Josietta.

Josietta

Josietta was frustrated and tried in vain,
To understand why one would trust a duck! It was surely insane!

She shook her head and bowed it down low,
Speaking to all that was around, concise and slow.

"Who else but a dark one driven insane
Would stoop so low to play this game?

Rhyming like loons and speaking like fools?
Surely you all must have the tools,
To see just how crazy to trust a duck can be
He may be animagus and tricking you and me!

I still am unsure of Kythia and her true nature,
Surely we'd see a witch in our field who was much more mature?

You voted me in and must trust me to be true,
Keeping sending off innocents and we will all be doomed!"

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Galactic Druid

Once again, guy burst from his office, fuming at his inability to speak without sounding like an entertainer.

"I tire of rhyming, making dirty jokes.
I feel it is time, I enlighten you blokes.

This spell has been fun, it's gone on long enough,
It's about time we got to more serious stuff.

This spell's a distraction, to keep our thoughts far,
From the treacherous plannings, of miss Chelemar!

I say no more games, evil's out of luck!
If you want distractions, I don't give a consideration to your opinion."

Sarena

Voting Tally:

Chelemar 6
Kythia 4
Kendra 1
Josietta 1
ThatRPGuy 1

Yet to Vote:
Aiden, James Moriarty, Kendra, MCsc, Niferbelle, persephone325, Sasha, SunshineSparkle

Starlequin

Starlequin languished 'pon his lilypad,
and dreamd of vocations he once could've had.
Caretaker of the local Quidditch field,
or digging through ancient vault tombs left long sealed.

He could have kept up his earlier struggles
to study the cultures of those strange little muggles,
or worked in his mother and father's stores,
but he hadn't the heart to accept such dull chores.

No, he'd wanted adventure, this bumbling wizard,
as likely to die in a self-conjured blizzard
as fall victim to some nefarious curse
from these Death Eaters; he wondered which would be worse.

At least being murdered by fiends was respectable,
more than the fatally incompetent spectacle
his parents and teachers and friends all expected
(well, they'd never said, but he'd always suspected).

His prior accusal had left him downhearted,
but surely they simply were grieving departed
Moirae, by all means a hard act to follow;
her absence had left the Ministry hollow.

As Starlequin's tongue darted into the air
and snatched down a fly from a dizzying pair,
giving nary a thought to his verse-entwined mind,
a pair of thought rhymes collided, combined.

The first was that Kythia's duck did seem strange,
as many a wizard had mentioned in range.
No familiar he'd ever heard of conversed
on matters from sweets to the recently cursed.

The second notation to enter his brain
was the one that caused Starlequin emotional pain.
It was Chelemar that most others suspected;
did he miss a clue that his betters detected?

Well, he knew it was possible, even likely; indeed,
her innocent guise would only help her succeed
in destroying them all, but he couldn't believe
that by Chelemar they'd all been deceived.

He still felt a haze of initial suspicion
that ThatRPGuy had embarked 'pon dark mission
to strike at their hearts from within and without.
For him, froggy Starlequin kept an eye out.

Sasha

Sasha sat once again in the corner out of the way ...reading still the book of potions that could be made from various herbs that could change one's mood . She was just wanting to concote a true love potion that would help in finding her one true soul mate. It was the ryhming speech of others that drew her eyes from the pages of the book . She had been pretty sure nothing had happened for the paper had spoke only of a flying car . Moving back to pick it up ...Potions , accident ....and this was the result . She had to giggle , which started her body into a wiggle ....maybe she could ....and would ..

Lifting her head up the hidden one spoke

" I am not sure who finds this a joke ...
       Maybe some of you just took in too much smoke ...
   Not knowing the proper way to toke ..."

Blinking ....as she realized indeed she too wasy ryhming when she spoke out .

With a slight giggle ...

" I not so sure about trusting the duck ....
       Maybe he walked through too much muck ....
   Either way , one should pass the buck ...
        To me Kythia has just ran out of luck . "

Least it sort of made sense , the girl was always up to something and cracking jokes at the wrong time ...if this potion of pure chaos was created by those given honor to the dark side . That public display of changes the letters in Luna's name ...and the girl was innocent . Well then she seemed as good as any to have been behind the whole thing . Maybe somehow she could get her hands on that duck ...what if it laid golden eggs . Doubtful anyways ..as she let out a sigh and returned to her book since she had no idea who had caused them all to speak in rhyme .

James Moriarty

White beard, white cloak, white staff -- white oak,
Few would remember, no, none recollect
Mr. Moriarty's encounters during Dark times long past.
It is no accident that wizards seldom spoke
of these events that would leave most feeling circumspect
and others too young, in ignorance held fast.

A tottering man, a doddering fool?  Such it would seem
if one cast an eye only upon the surface --
Age has a way of masking what is True.
But perhaps this old man's eye still has its gleam
and his mind, just maybe, cleverness in surfeits.
If they listened to him, if they gave him his due...

But one's wisdom must be shown, in deed more than word,
And so hopefully they will see, hopefully will rally,
And before they do something terribly absurd,
Vote now to keep Kythia, for she seems unjustly high in her tally.

No, there are just a few who rise in suspicion,
hiding in the shadows like a Dark magician,
I must cast my vote for Chelemar straight away,
And hope that we poor wizards will see the light of day.

Starlequin

A late-night message roused him from his bed,
And after three read-throughs , Starlequin said,
"Perhaps I have been deceived, after all;
I now believe Chelemar is due for a fall."

His opinion changed, but unsure he was heard,
Starlequin considered again the day's word,
For since he was froggy, and green as a gibbet,
The only word left to the poor mage was 'Ribbit!'

SunshineSparkle

As soon as she was finished with her notes, Sunshine joined the other wizards amassed ... Her headache was worsening as they still tried to fight the malevolence threatening them

No one feels safe anymore around
As evil is biding his will from afar
Those death eaters need to be found
I suspect one of them is you, Chelemar

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Aiden

Aiden turned to stare at Remiel demonstration of prowess
But in the end he proved himself harmless
But he did give the Hlafblood quite a scare
For the spell had nearly hit the man down "there"

"That was far to close for comfort"
"You loud mouth braggart"
"To think the mob of ladies out for your head"
"Since I would not longer be able to take them to bed"

He grinned but no more when accusations began to fly
But he had yet to determine who, what, when and why
After scratching at his head
He took the time to mourn the newly dead

He was still unsure who to vote for
"Kendra" he said, show her the door
I don't know what to think anymore

Josietta

With so many people sure of the young witch Chele's nature true,
The Minister was unsure of just who to blame or what to do.

She was still unsure of Kythia but many could be right
and it would take only one mistake to lose another that night
There were some true to be wiser still and older than she was
For now she may just have to give let it pass and see just who was the cause.

Thoughts crossed her mind on just what Mr B had known or if he was one to trust,
To cast his vote so assuredly, made her seek this alliance as she must.
To survive the night was the goal and find those dark ones who hide in plain sight
The minister would ferret them out, trying hard as she might.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Chelemar

First a duck and now a frog?
Have all the swampy critters come out of the bog
You'd think that something ducky or toady  so drift,
would be more toward the twisted, wait... not ducky too daft.

Yet their familiars their wizards cast their opinions on me.
My neck hurts, the noose tightens, as their eyes fill with glee.
Maybe it's not set, not quite yet, but I feel it all the same. 
How simple to write in a poor witches name. 

A spinster, it's true...lives with just her cats, some think that she's nutso
fit only for bats.  But, still...she's feelings, she has family, two nephews at Hogwarts, she sends a gallion or two. 

She's efficient, a hard worker, works much overtime.
Not for fame, or for fortune, but ... to fill up her mind.

As the votes came, and still for her they seemed to cast more her lot.
Down she sat, on her seat, face ashed like robes be, feeling suddenly hot.

Sarena

Voting Tally:

Chelemar 7
Kythia 5
Kendra 1
Josietta 1
Kendra 1

Yet to Vote:
Kendra, MCsc, Niferbelle, persephone325

EVENT ENDS!!!  ~  THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SUCH GOOD SPORTS ABOUT THE RHYMING THING!

Niferbelle

"It feels hasty to vote but I know I must.
Chelemar is the one I distrust."

persephone325

With votes stacking high against Chelemar,
Sephie knew her vote for Kythia wouldn't get very far...
I don't know.

Sarena

Voting Tally:

Chelemar 7
Kythia 5
Kendra 1
Josietta 1
Kendra 1

Yet to Vote:
Kendra, MCsc

LAST CALL! ~ I'd like to get things moving around 7ish in the morning. 

Kendra

Kendra opened her mouth to speak, the injustice of another soul lost weighed heavy upon her. The dark was moving in fast yet again, taking hold of ministry members as it had in the past. When those about her began to speak and mark their words with rhyme, she sighed and wondered what childish prank was this or was it a clever cunning plan by someone dark and sincerely evil.

"No, I can't believe Chelemar would be corrupt.
It isn't her nature ...  If I may be abrupt ...
I fear Kythia has turned your head
and it is her fault that so many now are dead."

Missy

Rhymn!? Lime!? Time!? Crime!?

I must demand to act in Defiance!

said MacLoch as he turned to walk out angry his speech rights had been so violated, then he turned his head to look back at the various witches and wizards.

Also, if anyone's interested, Tonight I'm going to a party at Orions.

Kythia

RedPhoenix

Two votes on kythia out of nowhere out the last minute? Cute. :)

chelemar is the wicked one here. But I'm sure Kendra and mcsc knew that already. ;)

James Moriarty

Every one of my grey hairs is standing on its wispy end on this one -- RedPhoenix has a very good point, and since the numbers prove that one good guy must have been misled into voting for Kythia, I urge just one person to reconsider.

Kythia

"Mr Waddles claims that it stands at eight votes to Chelemar, seven to me.  However, he not only lacks fingers but also the higher mental functions..."  Quack  "...Shut up, Mr Waddles, it's true.  The higher mental functions necessary to count on them even if he had them.  As such, he may well be mistaken."

Josietta

"Deferring to your wisdom, Sir Moriarty and as I would break this tie I will change mine to Chelemar and hope for the best."

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

James Moriarty

I am an old man, my counting is not what it used to be.  Where's my oatmeal?  Who said that?

Chelemar

Hah!  Red thought to break the tie, the lady who has voted today thee of us already dead.
To the gallows I may go this night, but...better off of one mind that thrice, like Red.

Kythia

"Come on, Mr Waddles, get off his lawn. You know he doesn't like it. If he catches you hell smell of wee for a while then tell you he remembers when all of this was fields."

Sarena

Voting Tally:

Chelemar 9
Kythia 6
Josietta 1

Voting Closed! ~ Results coming very soon.

Sarena

Voting Results:

It seemed the wizards were taking no chances this time, as every wand in the room was drawn and pointed at Chelemar.  The die was cast and in the end, nothing remained but a puff of smoke and a lifeless body lying on the floor.  One hand lay across her chest, the other outstretched to the side, the Dark Mark clearly visible on her forearm.  The wizards' aim was true, they have found their first Death Eater.

Night Phase Begins!

Night abilities, you know what to do!

Missy

I'm an ordinary wizard just like anyone else! I got a message from Kythia accusing Chelemar from an unspecified source. I felt division among our ranks was the last thing we needed, I appologize I was mistaken. Whomever Kythia's source on Chelemar was can check into me, you will see I am a completely innocent man.

persephone325

Persephone gasped softly as it was revealed that Chelemar was, in fact, a Death Eater. Her instincts were...wrong.

"Athena, this is quite strange." She said to her pet, stroking under its chin.
I don't know.

James Moriarty

James extends a long, pale finger up to the bridge of his nose, hiking his spectacles back into place, eyeing persephone325 warily.  "It is strange, isn't it?"  He moved closer to get a better view of her face.  "Does the fact that you defended one of the Dark witches not disturb you more than this?  Hmm..."  Looking at her sideways, he walked to the end of the Great Hall and left for his office.

persephone325

Athena hissed as James approached. Sephie placed a hand on her head and scratched behind her ears. "Hush..." She reassured her.

"I did not defend her. I simply did not vote for her." Persephone corrected as he left. Athena growled as he walked away and Sephie sat in the chair, deep in thought.
I don't know.

Kythia

"Well.  Good night all.  Mr Waddles and I are going to spend the night alone with an unlocked door.  You see, the Death Eaters will be expecting us to take precautions against their attack - this way I have the element of surprise.  I'm a tactical genius."  Mr Waddles quacked and Kythia glared at him "No?  Well how come I always beat you at Wizard Chess then?"

RedPhoenix

Quote from: MCsc on December 04, 2012, 11:46:08 AM
I'm an ordinary wizard just like anyone else! I got a message from Kythia accusing Chelemar from an unspecified source. I felt division among our ranks was the last thing we needed, I appologize I was mistaken. Whomever Kythia's source on Chelemar was can check into me, you will see I am a completely innocent man.

Polyjuice is a hell of a drug.

Beguile's Mistress

A house elf popped in and all but dropped a tray on the table by BeMi's elbow and immediately poofed back to the kitchens before she could utter even a thank you.

"The house elves are skittish," she said to herself as she poured a mug of rich dark coffee from a Never Empty Never Cool pot shaped like an owl and snatched a dickersnoodle from the plate that sat beside it.

"Chelemar, Chelemar, Chelemar," she chanted and sighed.  "How could you go so wrong?  How could you?  What did the Dark Lord promise you or do to you to lure you to betray us?"  Sipping her coffee and nibbling on the cookie BeMi leaned back in her chair and lifted her feet to the edge of the table to admire the polished black size six open-toed pumps at the end of her slender legs.

RedPhoenix

Black open toed pumps? Oh that is practicably a confession!!!!

Beguile's Mistress

*laughs*  I love sexy shoes!  Want a dickersnoodle?  *offers the plate*

RedPhoenix

That sounds like something we aren't allowed to say on public forums. ???

Beguile's Mistress

Where is you mind? *giggles*

It's dicker's noodle.  My Gram makes them for all the kids. ;D

Beguile's Mistress

"Usually they are but these are turned inside out."  BeMi offered the plate to the flamboyant wizard.

James Moriarty

Did somebody mention Dicker's Noodles?  Why, I am so hungry, I could eat Stinksap.  Might I have one, or three?  And does anyone know where the milk's gone off to?

Beguile's Mistress

BeMi pushes the plate of cookies across the table and waves her hand summoning a house elf who slammed a pitcher of milk and two goblets on the table.  Some spilled but he was in such a hurry he didn't even clean it up.

"I have half a mind to start handing out socks to these guys so they can get out of here, they are so scared of the Dark Lord and the Death Eaters."

James Moriarty

James smiles eagerly at the milk and cookies and looks up at BeMi, a bemused smile on his face.  "And you are not?"  Nibbling gingerly at the edge of the treat, he looks over the rims of his glasses at the strikingly-clad witch and grins.

persephone325

Persephone, with Athena at her heels, approached the group as she heard BeMi's comment about how scared the Elfs were.

"I'd be more afraid of the Dementors." She interjected. "You know our healer wouldn't be able to save the victim." Athena rubbed up against her legs. Sephie reached down and patted her head. "May I have a snack?" She asked politely, wondering if anyone else was on edge like she was.
I don't know.

Beguile's Mistress

"Well, the elves are little splinters in the running of things and they're trapped here," BeMi told James as she pushed the plate of cookies toward Sephie.  Those eyes of his were pretty busy she thought and that made her feel pretty warm.

"We can leave when we want and they can't.  We can stand and fight or escape if one of those nasty buggers shows their face."

"Still, I'd hate to come up against a Dementor in a dark corner, ya know?* she added offering Sephie the milk and cup that appeared out of nowhere.  "The healer may have a tough time of it if the Death Eaters have their way."

persephone325

Persephone bowed her head slightly as BeMi offered her the plate and a glass of milk.

"Thank you." She said, then sat down in a nearby chair. "Dementors are scary things." She agreed with BeMi and took a bite of the cookie in her hand. "The Dementor's kiss seems like a fate worse than death." Sephie shuddered at the thought as Athena jumped up on her lap.
I don't know.

James Moriarty

James nodded thoughtfully and took another bite.  "These truly are delicious, you know that?  Old man Dicker sure had some marvelous noodles."  The crunching of the cookie was for a moment the only sound in the small lounge.

He sat back in his chair, still very taken by BeMi's choice of footwear, continuing to gaze at the woman with interest.  "You know, back when I was a boy, I saw one healer fend off four Dementors.  She was brandishing a long, wooden rolling pin and there was flour everywhere... wait a minute.  Maybe that was a baker fending off inquisitive rats."  He lapsed into silence for a moment, taking a long drink of milk.

"Sorry, I... what were we talking about?  Oh, hello, persephone325!  What a pleasant surprise -- I hope you've forgiven me for my abruptness earlier.  I hope you like cookies."

RedPhoenix

I'm still not entirely convinced these are cookies we're talking about.  :-X

persephone325

Persephone smiled at James and nodded.

"All water under the bridge, James." She replied. Athena curled up on her lap and rested her head on her paws. She seemed to forgive him as well. Sephie took another bite of her cookie, but couldn't help wondering what would happen the next morning...
I don't know.

Beguile's Mistress

BeMi looked over at Red to try and guage if she was truly concerned or having a joke on them.

"You can try them for yourself if you like.  We have plenty."  The supply of cookies didn't seem to diminish no matter how much they ate and the milk jug stayed full and icy cold as BeMi plucked another goblet from the air for the latest guest all ready to be filled for her if she wished.

BeMi found James quiet amusing if a bit vague and his sudden notice of Sephie made her smile.  She had been watching his eyes which had been watching her toes which had been moving hypnotically back and forth.

"It might have been a group of boys the baker was trying to vanquish.  They can be as worrisome as a pack of hungry rodents."

Sarena

Night Results

Light slowly made it's way into the sky as the sun began to rise.  All the talk of dickersnoodles, frightened house elves and sexy shoes came to an abrupt halt with the arrival of an innocuous, harried wizard.  Her hair looked unkept, her glasses barely hanging on the end of her nose.  Breathless, she looked around the room and stammered out, "W...what are y...y...you all s...sitting around f...f...for?!  H...haven't you h...h...heard?!"

It seemed last night was an unlucky night for both sides.  Two bodies were discovered.  One was that of SunshineSparkle, another innocent wizard, who had fallen victim to the Death Eaters.  The other was the etheral body of a Dementor, Josietta.

Day Four Begins!

With the elected Minister of Magic dead and proven to be working for the Dark Wizard, a new one would have to be voted on.

Things will be done just a little differently this morning, ladies and gentlemen!  You will be voting on both a Minister of Magic and who is guilty.  So, here is how I'd like it done:

1) Vote for Minister of Magic by secret balet.  Everyone PM your choice to me with the PM heading:  HP Minister Vote.

2) Vote in game thread for who to lynch, as usual. 

Results of the secret balet vote will be posted with the results of the in game vote before the fourth night begins.  Unless there is a tie, then I will announce the results and ask the new luck MoM to break the tie!

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Kythia

Kythia triumphantly took down the picture of Chelemar from her evil wall and checked who was next.  "I knew the potions master was cooking something up," she remarked to Mr Waddles "Rhyming potion is very similar to poison potion, it was an easy mistake to make.  And Josietta is no great surprise - frankly the shock is that we voted a black robed figure who sucked all the positive emotions out of anyone she contacted in as Minister for Magic in the first place.  We should probably stop serving extra strong Goblin Wine at these meetings."

"Quack quack quack"

"By Merlin's Staff, Mr Waddles, talk normally.  The potion has worn off, you don't need to rhyme any more.  But in answer to your question, I have no idea who Beguile is either.  Some married man she's having an affair with, I presume.  I'll ask her later.  Now, who's next in my foolproof and one hundred per cent guaranteed accurate system?  The all encompassing blackness of Luna - only person ever to be too evil to be a Death Eater - has gone.  Chelemar has gone - I'm worried we did a favour to the Dark Lord there though.  She was clearly much more evil even than him and was probably trying to overthrow him.  Quelled some dissension in his ranks there, but thats neither here nor there.  Kendra is the next most evil."

RedPhoenix

"Ha! In your face Mr. You-Need-To-Learn-A-Patronus-Charm-Or-You'll-Be-Screwed-When-Voldemort-Returns stupid DADA teacher whose name I can't remember since he was only there a year!" Red says triumphantly seeing the demise of the dementor.

"Okay let's establish some facts...."

What we Know:
Moriae was an innocent wizard (died in the first night)
Luna was an innocent wizard (voted off first day)
Chelemar was an evil death eater (voted off second day)
Sunshinesparkle was an innocent wizard (died in the third night)
Josietta was an evil dementor (died in the third night)

Voting record - gonna red the people we know are evil

MoM votes:

ThatRPGuy - Kythia
Beguile's Mistress - Josietta
Remiel - Kythia
RedPhoenix - Remiel
Aiden - Josietta
Josietta - Beguile's Mistress
Luna - Aiden
Sasha - ThatRPGuy
Starlequin - Josietta
Chelemar - ThatRPGuy
persephone - Beguile's Mistress
James Moriarty - ThatRPGuy
Kendra - Josietta
Niferbelle - Aiden
Mr. Bigglesworth - Josietta
SunShineSparkle - Josietta
MCsc - Beguile's Mistress

Day Twp Votes
Josietta - Remiel
Starlequin - ThatRPGuy
Kythia - Luna
Luna - Aiden
Sasha - Kythia
Chelemar - Remiel
MCsc - Remiel
NIferbellle - Luna
Sunshinesparkle - Kythia
Aiden - Starlequin
Mr Bigglesworth - Aiden
James Moriarty - Luna
Chelemar - Luna
peresphone - Kythia
Remiel - Joseitta
RedPhoenix - Kythia
Kendra - Mr. Bigglesworth
ThatRPGuy - Luna

Day Three Votes
RedPhoenix - Kythia
Beguile's Mistress - Kythia
Chelemar - Kythia
RedPhoenix - Kendra
Mr Bigglesworth - Chelemar
Remiel - Josietta
Josietta - Kythia
ThatRPGuy - Chelemar
Starlequin - ThatRPGuy
Sasha - Kythia
James Moriarty - Chelemar
Starlequin - Chelemar
SunShineSparkle - Chelemar
Aiden - Kendra
Niferbelle - Chelemar
peresephone - Kythia
Kendra - Kythia
MCsc - Kythia
RedPhoenix - Chelemar
Josietta - Chelemar

Here is my take on things so far:

The MoM vote doesn't tell me a whole lot to be honest. I think a lot of it was a popularity contest and the people who are known to play this game got votes which is what one would expect. The only thing significant I will note is that Kendra cast a vote for Josietta that broke the tie with ThatRPGuy.

Day One the bad guys sort of sat back and let us throw votes around blindly to see what happened. Luckily for them we settled on two people, one of which was poor innocent Luna and the other was Kythia. So I think day one the bad guys were pretty much laying low and letting us throw votes around. My vote for Kythia was completely random. I had no idea what I was doing. While a lot of people were casting about blindly, I found it odd that Kendra would put a vote on Mr. Bigglesworth (who had no other votes) so close before deadline. Obviously he wasn't going to be voted off that day so....why do that unless the goal was the appear active without influencing a vote against either of the two leaders, who I think the bad guys both knew to be good guys. What's really weird is that when she cast this vote Luna and Kythia were tied. She could have broken the tie but instead threw her vote away.

Day Two I sort of bluffed to see who would go for Kythia again and the votes piled up really fast. I think the bad guys idea here was to use the #2 choice from day one and hope we'd just go for that and waste the day. Chelemar got some heat and suddenly a lot more people shifted to Kythia. Persephone, Kendra and MCsc all sort of rode in to try to shift the vote with three in quick succession there. Josietta switching her vote was pretty sneaky, but she only did it when Chelemar's fate was sealed and as Josietta was already voting Kythia there was nothing she could do to stop it.

As I pretty much said already I think MCsc is the polyjucie potion guy, his eagerness to be investigated was weird to me. However, I think Kendra is the more obviously evil one here, so that's where my vote is going today. I'm suspicious of persephone and Beguile's Mistress as well. Starlequin, Sasha and Niferbelle are sort of flying under my radar and I'm not sure what to think about them. The rest of you I can't see myself voting for at this point.

Kendra

persephone325

Persephone was shocked when the news came that Josi, their MoM, was a Dementor. She felt a mix of emotions, but the more prevalent feeling was anger. They had been deceived.

Sephie stroked Athena's fur while thinking who else could possibly be a traitor. At least she could take some comfort in the fact that she hadn't voted for Josi. Deep down, she had a strange feeling about her. This confirmed her suspicions were right.

Who else could possibly be a traitor? She wondered. Athena purred softly, and Sephie felt herself calm down a bit. If the traitors are all working together, it would make sense that they would vote one of themselves into a position of power... The thought worried her. But if that were true, wouldn't Chelemar have voted for Josi? Sephie frowned, recalling that Chelemar had voted for RPGuy. She sighed and shook her head.

"What a tangled web such deception weaves..." She looked down at Athena and smiled.
I don't know.

Aiden

Aiden was looking a little pale that morning but why one could only guess. His libido ha nearly led him right into the dementor's kiss! Still shaken up over that possible fate he walked in and took a seat trying to make sense of it all as the others began to share their theories.

"So now, not only do we have dark wizards we have a rogue potions expert killing people in their attempt to weed out the dark wizards? What sort of logic is that! Red Phoenix, what were you up to last night?"

RedPhoenix

That seems like a rather personal question!

Mr Bigglesworth

"Perhaps, but I'd like to know too - in the most salacious of ways."

With that, Mr. B. became silent again as he looked each of the wizards in the eyes, wondering who he could trust, and who he could not - while still being tickled at the idea of RedPhoenix' goings on last night...

Remiel

Remiel had no doubt that he would be vindicated.  Surely the wizarding community would see how clever and charming he was.

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way....oh.  I guess we don't have to speak in rhyme anymore.  Ahem.

There's something off about Sasha, although I can't put my finger on it."

Starlequin

Starlequin's slimy skin paled to a whiter shade of green as he learned that Chelemar had indeed been counted among their enemies. Fortunate enough that he'd chosen to forego his own flawed instincts and trust in the judgement of more learned wizards. But then to find out that he'd helped to vote a bloody Dementor into the position of Minister of Magic! It was like some sort of twisted nightmare, and he was beginning to think that there was practically no one he could count on in this blasted and befuddled place; certainly he'd recieved no offers of assistance from anyone to help him slip this dratted Animorpheus hex after three whole days, and in truth he was beginning to grow tired of being ignored on the sidelines. Okay, so he was incompetent; so he was inexperienced; so he was probably already a laughingstock among anyone at the Ministry who could so much as spell 'casts', let alone cast spells. He still had feelings, darn it! And if they thought--

"Oi."

Star looked 'round the table in confusion before catching sight of the house elf that seemed to apparate out of nowhere (well, more than likely he'd apparated out of the kitchens) pushing a wheeled cart with all manner of sweets.

"I said, excuse me. Yes, you, the small green fellow in the hat. Would you care for some refreshment?" The house elf asked, gesturing toward the cart. Starlequin's heart practically soared with joy; he'd been noticed! By... well, by a house elf, but that was something, at least; a member of Ministry staff was voluntarily speaking to him! They didn't talk to just anyone, after all! Except for... well, guests, and... tourists, he supposed... and probably wizards who accidentally apparated into the wrong office or took a wrong Floo channel. But it was a start!

The young wizard drew himself up as tall as he could (almost 5"!) and puffed out his throat with dignity. 'I would like a cup of tea, please,' he wanted to say, 'with a spot of lemon and perhaps a pair of cinnamon biscuits.' Except... that wasn't what actually came out. Instead, it sounded rather more like: "Ribbit, ribbit." Which, naturally, only served to momentarily confuse the beleaguered house elf. But just momentarily.

"Right, then. Two chocolate frogs," the elf muttered as he plucked a small pair of paper cartons from a bottom shelf cart, tore open their perforated tops, and placed them in front of Starlequin. The wheels squeaked briefly as the elf continued his rounds, and Starlequin despaired as he watched his last hope for salvation and a relaxing beverage totter off. A loud thump, then another, sounded behind him, and Star turned to see the two animated sweets he'd inadvertantly ordered had wrested themselves free of their papery prisons. Starlequin's first thought was that candy portion sizes these days were dangerously out of control. And from the expressions on their wide, chocolatey faces, they didn't look very friendly. Certainly they didn't appear amenable to being eaten by something smaller than themselves.

"*R-r-ribbit?" ("Can we talk about this?") Starlequin croaked, slowly backing toward the edge of the table. The two hulking frogs advanced on him slowly, violent intentions written in their cocoa colored eyes. "Ribbit. Ribbbiiitttt!" ("Guess not. Geronimoooo!") Star shouted as he turned and leaped off the table to the floor, his tiny butt bumping softly against the thick shag carpet. The choco-frogs landed behind him almost immediately, however, and Starlequin barely managed to jump out of the line of fire as their tongues darted out at him like slingshots.

For anyone who cared to watch, the next several minutes were even more thrilling than usual for the offices of the Ministry of Magic. Starlequin was hounded all over the room by the enchanted treats, leading his pursuers on a desperate chase in search of sanctuary and narrowly evading their brutish tongues. Equally dangerous were the careless footfalls of harried mages; fortunately, the young wizard managed to crush one of his would-be assailants under the careless tapping of a particularly sleek open toed pump. The remaining chocolate frog, now driven by revenge, stepped up its efforts to capture young Starlequin and chased him all the way back across the offices until he spotted his only hope for rescue: the hem of miss Sasha's robes! Star hopped for his life toward the kindly witch's feet and jumped with abandon into the folds of her robe, then climbed his way up the soft fabric and curtained himself away in safety.

After stealing a peek downward at the confected amphibian, now sorely nonplussed at the loss of its target, Starlequin heaved a sigh of relief as he made his way upward along the back of the woman's robes. He desperately hoped he was making the right decision as he tapped one tiny arm against her shoulder, giving a friendly, froggy wave. Assuming the witch reacted in a calmer, more rational manner than Starlequin really had any right to expect, the hexed-off little magus would perch on the nape of the woman's neck and await the arrival of his new suspect: MCsc. Something about the Scotsman's behavior the day before had set his froggy senses tingling, and Starlequin resolved to put a webbed finger on it.

Sarena

Lynch Vote Tallies:

Kendra 2
RedPhoenix 1
Sasha 1
MCsc 1

Yet to Vote:

Beguile's Mistress, James Moriarty, Kendra, MCsc, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, persephone325, Sasha, ThatRPGuy

Yet to Vote for MoM:

Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, Kendra, Kythia, MCsc, RedPhoenix, Sasha, Starlequin, ThatRPGuy

Sarena

General Announcement:

Alright, something has come to my attention throughout the course of the day, and I thought it important that I say something now, before we go too much further into the game. 

To be clear, ALL players arrive at the Ministry of Magic at the same time in game.  Basing votes on when someone posted, whether it be first or last is not a valid reason for voting on someone. When a player posts is relevant ONLY to when they are online and available, not their role in the game.  Also, if you are chatting with a player in PM and they are suddenly less communicative than they were before, this is most likely NOT an indication of their guilty or innocence.  It probably just means that they have gotten busy in RL and are not able to be as active.  We are all adults here and we have responsibilities and lives that we all know must come first.  If the person who votes first or last is constantly targeted, then no one wants to be the first person or the last person to cast a vote and the game simply stops.

So, at this time, I am going to ask you, if you have based your Day Four vote on the timing of someone's vote, then either come up with a valid reason for the vote or change your vote. 

Thank you guys!

Sasha

Sasha arrived with her books in tow ....as she was always reading something . Biting her lip as she heard the news ...drawing a tear up into her eyes . Really ....the poor woman . Swallowing as she took a seat ...this was becoming quite scary really and she could feel the fear as it mounted within her . Hard telling what would all happen next .

Crazy some people  are turning on each other ....accusations would fly words that would not ever be able to be taken back . " It was a tinging in the sir ...a great saddness maybe for that which was about to become . The scent of evil lingered in the corners as it was clear now. That those who served the one that could not be named seemed well able to fit in here nicely amoung them .

Obviously , Kythia could not of pulled off such a stunt no ....she was more a trickster. As the name of Kendra come up that raised her brow . Indeed the Lady Kendra could be capable of such things . A more mastermind with Kythia under her wing perhaps . 

Hell her own name had been mentioned ...rolling her eyes at that one . Little off ...like he has any room to talk . Full of himself that one was . Having a right mind of wanting to go over and slap him for insulting her ....who in here wasn't a little off . It wasn't worth it ....as she made her way over to a corner . Sliding down the brick wall as she opened her satchell to find another book to read . Selecting a book on the techniques of gardening .. testing soil samples . She had selected several rare plants to which she was going to be in need of growing . Making little window boxes was the ideal solution ...as she had just a small balcony . Perfect sunlight ....excitment went through her veins . Oh to make something grow again .

Glancing up only to listen to what the others had to say . Which one of them would be stepping up to take over MOM . It was a tough decision . Another spoke of the silent voting to be had ...wondering now if the election waould be tainted .

Mr Bigglesworth

Don't worry Remiel, I'm sure you will be vindicated; a buffoon of a wizard, such as yourself, could not have done these dastardly deeds.  I really don't know who to trust, but it does seem Kendra has been acting a little odd, but it is Sasha who I don't trust...

Niferbelle

"Me? Under the radar? Please," Niferbelle sniffed, fingers toying with her pendant, and glanced at Red. "Do I look like the sort of woman who skulks about? Honestly. No, I've had word the one to watch is Kendra."

Sarena

Impromptu Event:  Back from the Dead

Every single light within the Ministry of Magic goes out in a sudden, strange gust of wind that rushes through the building.  A chill befalls everyone present, wizards and house elves alike.  A feeling of dark gloom settles over the room as a cold scream echoes off of the walls.  The wizards hear someone gasping for breath, fall and then as suddenly as everything started, it was over. 

The lights returned, wizarding robes being blown by the wind settle back into place around the legs of their wearers.  In the middle of the room, the body of RedPhoenix, a simple wizard

No one has time to process this new event just yet, as the door opens and a familiar face walks in looking absolutely confused and unsure of what has happened.  Luna has returned from the dead!

All prior votes to find the guilty party have been reset (please forgive this minor inconvenience), and the gathered wizards must begin anew to find the culprit.  Did someone let a boggart loose within the Ministry?  Or was it another Dementor let in to claim a victim?  Who is responsible for RedPhoenix' death?

Vote! ~ Please remember no votes before this post will be counted, and if you have not yet voted for MoM, please do so!

Kythia

"The beast!"  Kythia screamed, clawing desperately for her wand.  "It has returned.  I told you, I told you all!  Luna is evil, I said it from the start!  Even demonstrated the code!" 

Her hand noticeably shaking she levelled the wand at the evil one "We should have burnt your ashes and buried them in consecrated ground.  Five knives in the body in the shape of the cross, that's the only thing that will keep you from wreaking your havoc on the world, foul spawn of darkness.  Come away, Mr Waddles, come away.

Keep it here" she said with a panicked glance round at the other wizards.  "I'll head to the library at Hogwarts.  Maybe I can find some mention of what its  horcruxes could be.  Keep it here, but don't listen to its words.  They will sound like sense but poison your mind."  She fled in wild abandon, Mr Waddles following her quacking loudly and flapping his wings. 

Behind her, forgotten in the terror of the incredibly evil Luna's return was the voting slip she had prepared earlier, Kendra's name underlined in red.

Sasha

The lights went out in the place ....and that eerie chill rolled over her flesh as goosebumps rose to the surface . This was not good ....could not possibly be a good thing at all . When the lights came back on ....the mist rolled away or maybe she had just envisioned that . But ...but ....there was Luna standing in the flesh . Wait  ...what ....as another one screamed it seemed the Red headed beauty that had proclaimed all the votes lay on the floor now dead . In the others place .

Kythia had a wand in her hand now ...waving it about like a wild woman . Calling her duck a spawn of darkness . Really, that couldn't be right ...no she was talking about Luna . Due to the woman's reaction she couldn't possibly of had a hand in this could she .

Barely able to remember who she voted on last ....then it came back to her . " Yes , Kendra seemed more able .....to ...to...."  letting her sentance drift off . Maybe they should poke Red Phoenix with a stick to see if she was truly dead or something . One thing was certain it didn't seem to matter much where the woman was last night ...question was would she stay where she was now ?  Nothing was ever for certain it seemed .

Looking back over at Luna ....blinking . It was definately time for a drink . Pulling out a flask from the inside of her coat pocket . The lid come off and with tilt back of the head , several gulps of the fine brew was burning its way down . As she gasped for air ...letting out a few coughs to get the lungs working again . Wiping the tears that welled up in her eyes . Not quite sure if she wanted to welcome the woman back or not ....maybe another drink or two was needed . For her brain was having some difficulty keeping up with the events of the day .

Kendra

Kendra was aghast, people she had known or thought she had known were now revealed as evil personified. Who could she trust anymore? As if to make matters worse Red began harping on about lists of names that truly Kendra was curious as to how she knew. How would she know all that information? The mentioning of votes left her speechless, as Kendra had been of the mind that their votes had not been privy for public knowledge. She herself did not know who voted for who and as Red spoke on relaying further lists, Kendra became more certain that this particular person was not all she claimed to be.

"Ah you say you voted randomly for Kythia with no idea what you were doing but felt it odd that I would do likewise. You are not the only one Red who had no idea to vote for and I was not aware there was a deadline to my contemplating on who the culprit could be. I was not voting for Mr. Bigglesworth but rather I was simply voicing my opinion that as I did not know the man he was as likely a candidate as any other."

Kendra patted her overly large hair bun and grimaced. When Red spoke on about further votes.
"What are these votes you speak of woman. No one was voting but we were merely considering who it may be or voicing our opinions. This was never against the law, perhaps in Voldemorts time, is that what you are getting at? That you would prefer to have us all back in those dark days?"

That further detail was given that again made no sense to Kendra, the red haired woman drank her juice from her goblet and listened as Persephone spoke.
"Too true my dear, too true" turning to Aiden as he in turn spoke she nodded her head in silent agreement, his question was not answered and so Mr. Bigglesworth repeated it. Interesting turn of events Kendra mused as Remiel in turn spoke. She glanced to Sasha wondering why on earth he would think it was that lovely woman and then she paused in her own ruminations watching a toad hop on to her gown. About to say something to Sasha about the slimy crawler when lights went out and chaos seemed to occur. Kendra was too terrified to speak, her hand reached for her wand but as the lights came back on she noted that the dangerous weapon she was holding to protect herself was a sugar cane and not her wand.

Looking at Luna she flinched ... was this really happening? Was the girl and inferi now? What had happened to Redphoenix? As if that was not bad enough her name was called again as if she were the culprit. Spluttering her innocence as she dropped the cane, Kendra decided not to tell Sasha about the toad after all and pushing her buxom chest up once more she humphed indignantly,looking to the apparition of Luna before then going to the body on the floor.

"I am not sure what is going on. I can only say that if you believe it is me then you yourself must be the guilty party for only evil itself would seek to blame innocence personified, isn't that right Sasha?"

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. Bigglesworth was used to the world turning over on itself, but this?  Luna coming back from the dead, and RedPhoenix, an innocent young wizard taken so suddenly, with no explanation?  He didn't have words, he pointed his wand and glared over at Sasha, saying "As shocking as these events have been - nothing has given me any less suspicion that you are part of this dark evil..."

Sarena

Lynch Vote Tally:

Kendra 3
Sasha 3
Kythia 1
Niferbelle 1
Aiden 1

Yet to Vote:

Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, James Moriarty, Luna, MCsc, Niferbelle, persephone325, Remiel, Starlequin, ThatRPGuy

Yet to Vote for MoM: (please get your PMs in soon!)

Beguile's Mistress, Luna, MCsc, ThatRPGuy

Please note: I would love to close this round out by tonight, if at all possible. 

Niferbelle

To say it was a bit surprising to see Luna back from the dead and Red newly deceased was an understatement and Niferbelle found it quite irritating. She didn't like surprises. She listened to the others, considering Kendra's words, but finding there wasn't enough there to change her vote. "I still say Kendra. I need time to sort all this other mess out."

persephone325

Persephone witnessed the events unfold from her chair with Athena curled up and sleeping soundly. The lights flickered and the room was plunged into darkness.

The Time Turner had been activated.

When the lights came back on, Phoenix was gone and Luna had returned. Immediately, Kythia started freaking out at Luna's return. Inwardly, Persephone rolled her eyes and groaned. If Kythia was innocent, she was doing an absolutely horrible job at showing it. And if she was guilty, she was painting a stupidly big target on her back with all these overly dramatic outbursts.
I don't know.

Starlequin

The enchanted wizard remained perched on Sasha's neck for a few moments after the lights came back, as shocked as everyone else by the sudden passing of one witch and the resurrection of another. The hysterics that seemed to fill the room threatened to throw them all into chaos, but Starlequin was still too stunned to join the panic. Instead, he twisted himself round to catch sight of as many of the others' reactions as possible; later, he might have claimed he was investigating everyone's reactions, but in all honesty he was only looking for another place to hide.

After a few moments' hectic thought, Starlequin decided his new suspect was Niferbelle.

Remiel

Remiel stared blankly as Luna appeared back in the Ministry chambers once more.  "You're not dead? But...I thought..."  Thought what?  Obviously Luna had been alive and well the whole time.  Obviously.  Remiel sat down, rubbing his head.  He wasn't sure why he thought that Luna was dead, but he had.  Cursed Death Eaters, playing tricks on him once again!

"I...still think there's something odd about Sasha," he said, although he was far less sure about Sasha than he had been about Josietta.

Teo Torriatte

Luna blinks, looking around, wondering what was going on. She had a dream that she had been killed, branded a Death Eater, even though she had known she wasn't one. But thankfully  that was just a dream, and now she had to try to figure out who one of the real enemies were.

She had no idea at the moment,  but Aiden seemed like as good a place to look as any.

Sarena

Lynch Vote Tally:

Kendra 3
Sasha 3
Kythia 1
Niferbelle 1
Aiden 1
Remiel 1

Yet to Vote:

Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, James Moriarty, MCsc, ThatRPGuy

Beguile's Mistress, MCsc

LAST CALL

Missy

Beguile's Mistress

Sudden darkness and screams coming from everywhere followed by the sound of overturned furniture and what could only be someone, probably Remiel, falling over something all ended with an acrid smell in the air and gasps of fear and amazement as the lights suddenly flashed on and Luna stood there before them.  BeMi smiled as she looked closely at the resurrect wizard and nodded in satisfaction.

"Welcome back," she call from her seat at the table.  "I hope you've brought good tidings or information with you, dear." 

A look around the room and pauses to study faces and saw that a vote for either Kendra or Sasha would likely put paid to one of them.  Wizard or Death Eater?  One of them or both?  Good or bad?  Light or dark?  Sasha or Kendra or neither?  Warty toads and heaving boggarts what was a witch to do? 

Remiel?

Sarena

Lynch Vote Tally:

Kendra 5
Sasha 4
Kythia 1
Niferbelle 1
Aiden 1
Remiel 2
James Moriarty 1

Yet to Vote:

Aiden, James Moriarty, ThatRPGuy

MCsc

LAST CALL

Aiden

Galactic Druid

Starlequin

James Moriarty

Sarena

Voting Results

Congratulations Niferbelle! You have been elected the new Minster of Magic in what was a very close race. 

With the business of Minister out of the way, the wizards again aimed their wands, acting as one.  Kendra's please of her innocence fell on deaf ears and soon, she was no more. There was no dark mark on her forearm, nothing in her office to indicate she was anything more than another wizard, here only to help protect the wizarding world from another dark threat.

Night Phase Begins

Those of you with night abilities, you know what to do. 

Kythia

Kythia sat at an out of the way desk in the ministry, quill in hand.  "Minister Niferbelle" she said, being one of those who spoke aloud as they wrote.  "I wish to offer my sincerest congratulations on your new appointment.  Both Mr Waddles and myself sincerly...hmmm.  Used sincere a lot there, Mr Waddles.  Can you think of a synonym?"

Quack

"What?  I know I'm a witch, I don't really see how that's...  oh, I get you."  She drew her wand and tapped the parchment with a mutter of Thesaurus and the "sincerly" morphed to "honestly".  "Yes, that's much better.  Now, Both Mr Waddles and myself honestly believe that under your leadership our chances to survive these dark times are marginally better than if we'd elected a Crinkleworm as our leader.  So you have our sincere.  Bugger.  ThesaurusSo you have our heartfelt support.  Yours, K and W(Mr)."

She snapped her fingers and a house elf appeared.  "See that this gets to Minister Niferbelle please.  And then I shall take several Butterbeers in my room.  I believe the Death Eaters will still be expecting a defense and lying drunkenly unconscious on my bed when they burst in will give me the edge I need to defeat them.  Incidentally, does anyone know what happened to that idiot apprentice?  Starman or Harlestar or whatever his name was?"

Quack

"Did he?  Well, that is odd."

Sarena

Night Four Results:

A cold rain pelted the sidewalks outside the Ministry of Magic.  There was no sun when morning came, only the dark grey clouds that rolled across the sky.  A nervous house elf came up to tug at the robes of one of the wizards present and delivered the news.  It seemed someone had slipped poison into Kythia's Butterbeer the night before, and this unlucky house elf had been the one to find her, not passed out drunk in her bed....but dead.  Whoever responsible and pulled the sleeve of her robe up to leave her Dark Mark exposed, revealing her as a Death Eater.

No other victims were found this morning.  It seemed either the Healer or the Dark Arts Expert had been busy the night before.  Lady Fortune had smiled upon the wizards this morning, but would she continue to do so?

VOTE!!!

Players:

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
James Moriarty
Luna
MCsc
Mr Bigglesworth
Niferbelle
persephone325
Remiel
Sasha
Starlequin
SunshineSparkle
ThatRPGuy

Roles:

Dark Arts Expert
Seer
Potions Master
Healer
Wizards x2-5

Muggle
Mudblood

Dark Lord/Lady
The Impostor
Death Eaters x1-3

persephone325

Persephone was first to hear the news of Kythia's death and betrayal. She was right. The gut feeling she had about Kythia was right... But yet, nobody else seemed to sense that, despite the obvious signs of her behavior.

Another Death Eater gone, thank goodness. She breathed a sigh of relief and patted Athena's head. But there were still other deceivers among them... Thinking long and hard, Sephie couldn't understand why any witch or wizard would want to turn to the dark side. Athena rubbed up against her, and her purring soothed Persephone's mind.

A sudden thought invaded her mind. I hope we did not make a mistake in appointing Niferbelle as our new MoM, seeing as her predecessor was a traitor... Persephone hoped she was wrong.
I don't know.

Remiel

To say that Remiel was shocked when Kythia turned out to be a Death Eater would have been the understatement of the year.  He was floored.  No, worse than that--he was through the floor and hanging out in the basement, where all the spiders of surprise spun little webs of absolute jaw-dropping nonplussment.    Presumably to catch the flies of gobsmackery, but that would just be carrying a pun too far.

"Why, Kythia, why?" said the flambuoyant wizard, kneeling at her bedside.  "I know that I always brushed you off for my legions of fanwitches, but you were always... *sniff* Always... *sniff, honk, sniff sniff* ...the one in my heart.   I should have told you so.  I should have acknowledged your advances.   Then you wouldn't have turned to...resorted to...."

He collapsed, sobbing, but of course he did so in a very handsome and very photogenic manner. 

"That does it!" he vowed, jumping to his feet with a new sense of purpose.  "I will make sure you are avenged.  I will find the Death Eaters who corrupted you, who took advantage of your tragically heart-broken state to seduce you to their side!  As Merlin is my witness, Mr. Waddles will never go hungry again!"

So saying, he tucked the annoyed duck under his arm and left to do things.  Grand, important things.  Things only a proper custodian of Mr. Waddles could accomplish.

Aiden

Aiden watched with a raise brow as Remiel stormed off with the duck under his arms. "I don't want to know...." He shook his head as he took a seat and began looked around to the rest around them."My guess is as good as any at this point...Biggleworth you have been rather quiet lately."

Sasha

Sasha's eyes widen when she found that indeed in fact ...Kythia had indeed been a nasty Death Eater ...just as she had thought all along . Wondering where that silly duck had gotten off too .....he would make a nice soup . He didn't actually talk the woman was out of her mind with a madness . She just the right herbs in stash to rub over it's flesh too ....just had to cut off its head , pluck all those feathers . It would be an all day affair but yes indeed ....Duck Stew was going to be her's this night as she licked her lips .

Tilting her head as she looked around ...now ...seeing Remiel was taking off with the duck . " Oh ....I see Remiel ....come to save the Dark Lord have you ....is he diguised as the DUCK ?" pointing to the Duck tucked under his arm . Grinning like a cat that swallowed the carnary as she continued with a gleen in her eye ...how dare he take her planned supper . " I think your just full of yourself ....several days back you sway your hips and wish to be proclaimed MOM for WHAT ....your dastardly good looks alone ?  Then as the women who see through your veil of perfection begin to fall one by one .....oh yes ...I think your the one up to NO GOOD . Pretending to be all the suave gentleman .....BAHHHH . "  throwing her arms up into the air.

Fat chance she was going to get that damn duck from him now ....not about to stoop to begging for it . She crossed her arms in front of her and marched over to pout at the side . Damn Wizard anyways ....always meddling .

Remiel

Remiel seemed nonplussed by Sasha's accusation.

"The Dark Lord? Mr. Waddles?  You're not the Dark Lord, are you, old chap?" he turned to the address the duck.

QUACK. QUACK QUACK QUACK

"Mr. Waddles says that he is certainly not the Dark Lord, thank you very much.  He does, however, say that he wouldn't mind being addressed as the Duck Lord. "

QUACK

"Oh, and he does not appreciate your attempts to eat him either, Sasha.  What kind of witch would eat someone's familiar?  Only a Death Eater, that's who."

QUACK

"Yeah, you tell her, Mr. Waddles."

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. Bigglesworth came into the hall with the others, and immediately looked towards Aiden with an annoyed stare, and pointed his charred wand at him for a moment before speaking. 

"I have no doubt that Remiel lost his mind long ago, he's inhaled far too many fumes in his potion lab ... but while the others seem to be throwing around accusations aimlessly, at least his was rational - Sasha is a death eater, I can feel it in my bones."

Sasha

Glancing over to Mr Bigglesworth .

"Ohhh yes .....that's it ....I am a death eater ......"  Sasha spat out with a hiss .  Foolish bunch of male wizards around here no wonder the Dark Lord was attacking the women of this realm the men were all fools .  " Bahhh ....your both fools ....with nothing to base that accusation on . " as she waved her hand dismissing them . Though inside she might of been more delighted than she could possible admit ....she had been living amoung them all for years now , pretending to be one of them . Now they gave her so much importance and capabilities it was indeed amusing .

Being chastised for wanting to eat that fricking duck ...the anger grew inside despite the grave circumstances she couldn't help herself as she responded once again to Remiel . " DO tell ....Why wouldn't one wish to eat a duck . Last time I checked it was an animal well worth the time it took to cook . Are you saying ...anyone that enjoys the fine taste of poultry suddenly has a craving to eat wizards in the night . Far cry from sucking the soul out of someone and leaving their lifeless body lay on the ground ...don't you think . "

As she laughed out into the man's face . " Minister of Muggle affairs ......what a hoot , you wouldn't know a muggle if they walked up and slapped you in the face . Your mind is so wraped up into it's own egotistical affairs. You may be a handsome devil ....but indeed not much going on upstairs . "  rolling her eyes now . Idiots calling her a death eater of all things . To think she used to swoon when that man walked into a room inside ...never again .

Sarena

Vote Tally:

Sasha 4
Mr Bigglesworth 1
Remiel 4

Yet to Vote:

Beguile's Mistress, James Moriarty, Luna, MCsc, Niferbelle, Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, ThatRPGuy

Beguile's Mistress

"Web-footed nut case," BeMi muttered to herself as she nibbled a fresh Dicker's Noodle and some of that muggle brew they called coffee.  She was becoming quite addicted tot he stuff!

"Hmmmm?  No.  Not you, Mr. Duck Lord.  I'm talking about that walking clothes peg you've attached yourself to.  Yes.  Remiel!"

Maybe she was becoming too addicted to the coffee.  Ya think?

Teo Torriatte

I'm thinking it might be Mr. Waddles. But since he is just a duck (I think), I'm gonna say Remiel.

Teo Torriatte

Missy

persephone325

I don't know.

James Moriarty

James wandered the halls of the Ministry.  At times, he found himself rather lost -- it had been a long time since he had come to this place regularly.  Also, it seemed rather empty these days -- fear of a sudden death curse will do that.

Turning a corner, he found himself back with the group of wizards he was coming to know so well.  Hearing the news of Kythia, he shook his head sadly.  "She was far too fair to have been a death eater -- the influence of that duck must have corrupted her from her innards out."  At this though, he spared a cautious gaze at Remiel, but then came to his senses.  "No wizard as fair, and benevolent, and kind, and dashing, and upstanding and rich as Remiel could possibly be a death eater."  He felt sure of this, but then, so many things were uncertain these days.

"No, I think it must be Sasha -- she is extremely wily, and her words cast the strangest spell on me.  She is a Parcelmouth, for sure."

Niferbelle

Clearly Niferbelle's new position was not making things any cklearer and if she wasn't fending off ass-kissers she was unsuccessfully trying to bring order into the chaos of her contemporaries. At last she decided she could only let them dither and watch, looking for any clues that might ferret out another Deatheater, or even the Dark Lord himself. Wouldn't that be a coup under her ministry?

"I know I said before that Remiel wasn't clever enough to be pretending to be such an idiot but I've changed my mind. I think he has an agenda."

Sarena

Vote Tally:

Sasha 4
Mr Bigglesworth 1
Remiel 5

Yet to Vote:

Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, ThatRPGuy

Last call coming soon. But not quite yet.  I'd like to wrap this up within the next 12 to 18 hours, if at all possible. 

Starlequin

Star awoke curled up beneath one of the conference tables in the office, tangled in his robes. Bright orange smoke wafted from his newly restored form, and he blinked in groggy confusion as he lay on the floor, wondering how the world had gotten so small in the night. He smacked his lips and scratched behind one ear and tried to remember what was so strange about such a common motion; the sound of his skull thwacking against the table's oaken underside echoed through the room as realization dawned in all its painful glory.

"Ouch! I mean, I'm big again! I mean, I'm me! Really me, not froggy me! I have fingers! And hair! And...and...um..." Starlequin's eyes widened for a moment as he ran a... perfunctory check over himself and sighed in giddy relief as he learned everything was still in place. "Even that! Well, it's there, at any rate. But I'm me again!"

The young wizard crawled out from beneath the table and carefully rose to his feet, marveling at the joy of once again possessing opposable thumbs and load-bearing ankles. His wand was jammed into a back pocket of his robes, and he withdrew the ash rod and felt its core strand of unicorn hair thrum with power as its owner brandished it once more. His heart swelled with pride, not entirely unjustified; not many wizards he'd ever heard of had survived nearly a full week of being hexmogrified into a small and defenseless creature. A learning experience, that's what this whole incident was, exactly the kind of education a wizard just couldn't get selling dragon-grade mandrake fertilizer in a family shoppe!

A low, thin 'ribbit' sounded from the ground near the wall, and Starlequin's ears twitched as he turned to spy his nemesis, the renegade chocolate frog, hop out from its hiding place behind a cloud-poofed chair. He bared his teeth in a feral grin, gripped his want tight, and took careful aim. At last, he would be vindicated against his fudgey foe. Or at least, he would have been.

Poor boy really should have checked that nick in his wand just above the handle. The one crackling dimly with leaking magic.

"Tracelatorix!" Starlequin growled, pointing his curse at the candied frog, fully intent on obliterating the little nuisance and leaving nothing but an ugly, delicious stain on the carpet. It would have worked, too, the spell hadn't bunched up within the damaged wand and fired back onto its caster. Starlequin had less than a second before the white light engulfed him and he felt the agony of his flesh and bones melting out of shape again. 'Not again,' he thought, despair effectively numbing the pain of his latest transformation until his new form crashed to the floor.

~I wanna go home,~ thought the extraordinarily pissed off pot of daisies as it landed on the carpet, petals shivering from the impact.

Remiel

persephone325

I don't know.

Sarena

Vote Tally:

Sasha 5
Mr Bigglesworth 1
Remiel 5

Yet to Vote:

ThatRPGuy

Last call. Wrapping up this evening and moving on! 

Please note****The post after this one was my mistake.  I had a derp moment and thought SunshineSparkle was still alive. The only one left to vote is ThatRPGuy.

SunshineSparkle

Sunshine took a few moments to assemble her thoughts, finally a quiet night without death surrounding them.
"Sorry, Sasha."

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Sarena

Voting Closed:

It would seem that the wizards are split on what to do, and with time running out, they call on their newly elected Minister of Magic to make the final decision.

Sasha 5
Remiel 5

Niferbelle who do you chose?

Niferbelle

Minister Niferbelle sighed, annoyed she shoulkd have to exercise her power so soon as she knew if she made the wrong choice, it would be her head in the noose next. Her eyes swept over both Sasha and Remiel but in the end she decided to stick with the same impulse that had caused her to make her personal vote.

"Talk him away," she simply said, gesturing toward Remiel before she retreated to her office for a cu[ of tea and a good think.

Sarena

Voting Results:

With the newly elected Minister's decision made, Remiel was dragged away, not even his dashing good looks and debonair charm could save him this time.  A quick search of his person and belongings turned up the Marauder's Map and no Dark Mark.  As if the Death Eater's would have a Mudblood in their ranks!  Preposterous!

Night Five Starts! 

Night abilities, you know what to do. (And I am sorry for taking so long!)

James Moriarty

James stood in the empty halls humming to himself.  Opening his small chest of things, he tinkered with the vials and flasks and materials therein.  Potions -- how he adored them.  He smiled to himself, knowing he had done well with his so far.  The first used on Josietta, his aim had been true, and he had removed a Death Eater from their ranks.  And then came Kythia -- oh, poor Kythia, turned right at the start of the game to do the bidding of those much more evil than she.

He closed the case and thought to himself.  Now that he had used up his abilities, there was no special reason for the Death Eaters to kill him, but he could use his remaining time to help those with whom he was allied.  Those that had voted against Remiel were proved wrong -- he smiled.  Surely a Death Eater had voted for Sasha so that they could save face, but he was certain now that Sasha was among that evil bunch.

James relaxed on the couch and started to fall asleep.  He was glad to have been lucky enough to have fought evil so well in his life.  Besides Sasha, he suspected that Niferbelle was surely a dark witch, and knew with complete certainty that ThatRPGuy, Mr. Bigglesworth and persephone8675309 were all fair wizards of the highest caliber.

And with that, he dozed off.

Sarena

NIGHT FIVE: All of you with night abilities will need to PM me and let me know what you want to do!

Sarena

NIGHT FIVE RESULTS:

Another uncertain night among the wizards, all hoping that this dark time would be brought to an end before it was too late.  When morning broke, the body of Luna was found, no Dark Mark, nothing in her belongs to suggest she was anything more than a wizard still.  It seemed her fortune from before had run out...

DAY SIX BEGINS! VOTE!

PLAYERS:

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
James Moriarty
MCsc
Mr. Bigglesworth
Niferbelle
persephone325
Sasha
Starlequin
ThatRPGuy

ROLES:

Dark Arts Expert
Seer
Potions Master
Healer
Wizards x1-3

Muggle
Mudblood

Dark Lord/Lady
Dementor
The Impostor
Death Eaters x1-3

Starlequin

Morning light shone into the office, and Starlequin stretched his stems to follow the sunbeams with his dewy petals. For certain he needed something to warm him up; sitting in the dark of night for so long wasn't the only cause of the chill that nestled in his roots. Luna was dead, yet another innocent witch gone -- and Star suspected he'd heard her killer during the night, skulking about the Ministry offices like some murderous...skulker. If he only had proper ears, dammit! He could identify these dastardly Death Eaters and help end this madness for good! Except...even if he could regain some measure of auditory function, how to tell the others that he believed that the behavior of Beguile's Mistress warranted investigation?

Niferbelle

Since the revelation that they had lost another during the night, an innocent, Niferbelle had been steeling herself for the accusations and recriminations that would surely come. She was almost philosophical about it at this point, after all, she'd never given a hair of Merlin's beard what others thought of her. It was bothersome, of course, that she hadn't been able to prevent another display but she didn't need anyone else's criticism to motivate her to try to strengthen the Ministry's response. She hummed softly under her breath and grabbed a mister, walking over to the strange plant she seemed to have inherited with the office. She watered it with the utmost care, a frown darkening her features.

"Starlequin," she said after a moment. "Who has been monitoring him? I fear he may be the fly in our ointment."

persephone325

Persephone knew there were two people she could definitely trust. The others, she wasn't so sure about.

"What do you think, Athena?" She asked her tiger as she hopped up on her lap. As she stroked her head, something nagged at her about RPGuy, but without any proof it was just a gut feeling for now.
I don't know.

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B. still could not see how any of those around could be a death eater.  "I don't want to say it, because she is so sweet, but I think Niferbelle might just have a dark side - perhaps even a hunger for death."

Sarena

Vote Tally:

BeMi 1
Starlequin 1
ThatRPGuy 1
Niferbelle 1

Please note:  I'd love to get this round wrapped up in the next 24 hours, if it all possible, guys.

Aiden

Sasha

Sasha looked up from that spot she seemed to enjoy ...reading again she was as if the answer to everything lay inbetween the pages . Biting her lip as she had been listening to the names being out forth . Starlequin ....well now how exactly could a flowerpotted plant do much of anything . Wasn't he just a frog ...clever disguise if he was in actuality the Dark Lord but didn't such creatures that were to involke fear supposed to be fearsome . Couldn't be him ....rather insulting really. 

" ThatRPguy .....now he seems more suspicious than most . "  thinking about how he had just managed to hide in the background on everything . He was hiding something she was sure of it .

persephone325

Persephone changes her vote to Niferbelle.
I don't know.

Sarena

Vote Tally:

BeMi 1
Starlequin 2
ThatRPGuy 1
Niferbelle 2

Please note:  I'd love to get this round wrapped up in the next 24 hours, if it all possible, guys.

James Moriarty

Niferbelle is certainly a Death Eater.  Mark my words.

Starlequin

The young wizard quaked in his pot, petals ruffled with all the righteous fury of a geranium in a summer breeze as he heard his name listed among their suspects. It was impossible! It was unthinkable! It was ridiculous! Could none of them see he was in no condition to attack a fellow mage? Metals and kettles, he hadn't even been able to eliminate a chocolate frog!

If nothing else, his current predicament served to solidify Starlequin's suspicions. BeMi was indeed evil, and Aiden and Niferbelle were clearly in cahoots with her!

Sarena

VOTE TALLY:

Starlequin 3
ThatRPGuy 1
Niferbelle 5

YET TO VOTE:

Beguile's Mistress, MCsc, ThatRPGuy

LAST CALL!!!!  I will be wrapping this round up tonight before I go to bed.  It's been going on since the 7th, and I completely understand that there is a period of getting back into the swing of things after the holiday break.  However, from now on, there will be a 48-ish hour cut off for each day/night round.

Missy

Galactic Druid

Sarena

Voting Results:

With that nasty business out of the way, the wizards all pulled their wands once again, suspecting another corrupted Minister of Magic.  When the smoke cleared, Niferbelle lay dead on the floor near the large fountain that greeted those that visited and worked in the building every day.  A quick inspection of her arm revealed the Dark Mark....they had, indeed, found a Death Eater.   

...But would their luck remain intact with the coming night?

Night Six & Quick Vote:  A new MoM must be appointed.  I will run this vote concurrently with Night Six.  Please place your vote for MoM here in the game thread.  Those of you with nighttime abilities, you know what to do!

persephone325

Persephone felt good about her change of vote, and was pleased to know that it paid off.

One less Death Eater... Their luck seemed to be running out. Hopefully it would stay that way. But there was an unnerving trend. The past two Ministers had been revealed as having their allegiance with the enemy. Sephie wanted that trend to stop, and she knew who she could trust.

"I vote for James as our new Minister. I believe he will be able to help put a stop to this." She stated simply.
I don't know.

Sasha

Voting for a man didn't fit to well with the Sasha . She might consider the flowerpot at this time but who would take her seriously then . Letting out a sigh . " I will lean towards Beguile's Mistress ....she seems level headed enough .  " not sure whom else seemed trustworthy. She hadn't really expected to see a death eater revealed right before their eyes either .

Missy

Mr Bigglesworth

Begui would do a fine job, but I'm going to cast my vote for James to be our new MoM, his wizardry may well instill enough fear into the Death Eaters to make them think twice before attacking again.

James Moriarty

Oh, I do have to point out that if Sasha voted for BeMi, that casts a long shadow of suspicion on BeMi, since I do strongly suspect Sasha to be among those working to undo the Ministry.  But we will get to the bottom of this!  I do thank those of you who have voted for me -- I myself shall vote for Mr Bigglesworth, a loyal and trusted friend.

Galactic Druid

Starlequin

The daisy also wished to express its support for James Moriarty as their next Minister, if only for the potential novelty of having an innocent person take the office. But it remained unexpressive, because no one had asked its opinion, and because it was a daisy.

Sarena

MoM Vote Tally:

James Moriarty 4
Beguile's Mistress 2
Mr. Bigglesworth 1

Last Call:  Voting will close this evening around 10ish.  We'll b moving on to Day Seven in the morning!

Sarena

Night Results:

A hush fell over the room as the new Minister of Magic stood at the front of the shrinking group of wizards to announce that the night had been...completely uneventful.  There were no deaths that night, thankfully.  Still...they had to rid themselves of the threat against the wizarding world. They had to find the Dark Wizard while they still could and put a stop to the murders before it happened again.

Vote!!

Starlequin

His poor petals drooped with exhaustion as Starlequin drank in the news of an uneventful night, along with whatever hydration some kind soul might decide to grace him with from the nearby watering can. He did manage to bloom a bit brighter, though, remembering that his instincts about Niferbelle the day before had been 'on the honey', as the Muggles said. A very strange turn of phrase, Star had always thought, but then Muggles were an odd bunch, seemingly obsessed as they were with bees and birds and such. He felt his roots twitch in the dirt as the thought of obsession led to the idea of madness, like that by which clearly Beguile was still no doubt possessed!

persephone325

Sephie picked up the watering can and gave Star a good dousing. "There. All better." She smiled. Athena followed and playfully patted at the leaves on the stem. "Gently, Athena." Sephie said.

We must root out the rest of the traitors... She thought. Perhaps BeMi has been deceiving us all along...?
I don't know.

Mr Bigglesworth

"Why thank you Sephie, Star looks much better now, I was getting worried he was getting kind of droopy there."  Mr. B. poked at the newly perky petals "Yes, I do think both of you are right, Beguile has betrayed us, we should send her off as we did Nifer, maybe then we'll finally be safe."

James Moriarty

Thank you, so much, for your kind support.  I find that my fellow wizards vote true: Beguile's Mistress, I'm afraid we must insist that you come with us to Azkaban!

Sarena

Vote Tally:

Beguile's Mistress 4
ThatRPGuy 2

Yet to Vote:

Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, MCsc, Sasha, ThatRPGuy

Sasha

Sasha shook her head ...." No ..no ....I won't believe that gentle woman is a traitor ...." well she had just voted for the lady to become their leader in this dark time . It had to be a man ..and that left a couple to consider ... " ThatRPGuy has some explaining to do if you ask me ...peculiar chap . "  Going back to reading her book ...let them carry on . Someone might come to their senses ...then again they had her up to be lynched not what but a few days ago . Rolling her eyes as she flipped the page .

Missy

Sarena

Vote Tally:

Beguile's Mistress 4
ThatRPGuy 3

Yet to Vote:

Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, ThatRPGuy

LAST CALL:  Voting will close sometime later today.

Aiden

Sarena

Voting Results:

Four wizards drew their wand and stood shoulder to shoulder as they faced Beguile's Mistress.  The decision made, they wasted little time, and each hoped that they were right this time.  The spell cast, her body crumpled in a heap on the floor, the newly elected Minister of Magic stepped forward to check her arm for the Dark Mark. A grave look passed over his face as he pronounced she was, indeed, a Death Eater.

Night Seven Begins!  Y'all know what to do!

Sarena

Night Round Results:

It seemed that fortune favored the wizards for another night.  The sun rose on the morning to find everyone alive and safe once again.  Either the healer or the Dark Arts Expert had done their job well.  But they were not out of the woods yet.  The wizards had managed to eliminate Death Eaters and a Dementor, but they still did not know who was behind it all or if he or she had anyone else's loyalty. 

VOTE!  We should be able to wrap this round up pretty quickly, guys. 

persephone325

Sephie relaxed, knowing full well who she could trust and who she couldn't.

"Give up, Aiden. We all know you're a bad guy." She said, taking a seat in her cushioned chair.
I don't know.

Mr Bigglesworth

Yes, Sephie was right, the blur between the good wizards, and the evile ones was fading.  Mr. B. took only a moment from his studies to say " One thing was certain, that Aiden was not on the side of the good Wizards, no, not at all.  Out with him!"

Sasha

Sasha rolled her eyes ...... " Actually I think .... James Moriarty our new MOM is guilty . Why not the last few were working for the darkside . I think once in power the position seems to draw one to that end .....parading around acting like a good man . Collecting all the information and pushing accusations out every which way but loose . Bahhh ....he even claimed me as the Dark Wizard not too long ago . A foolish mere mortal ...."  as she waved her hand into the air . " Male wizards ....seriously ..."

persephone325

"I would expect no different from someone who voted for BeMi to be the new Minister... She was a Death Eater. Do you not remember, Sasha?" Sephie shook her head at the girl's foolishness.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were jealous of his position of power..."
I don't know.

James Moriarty

Smiles at Sasha, shaking his head.  And with all of those "crazy" accusations, and uses of my potions, precisely how many times was my vote wrong, hm?

The lines between the good and the evil among us are indeed very clear now.  Aiden is surely on one side of that line, and you, Sasha, should renounce your evil ways before it is your turn to be cast into the hellish prison that awaits all Death Eaters.

Sasha

Sasha rolled her eyes .... " Evil ways ...."  then went back to grumbling as she fumbled over the pages in her book . She been stuck on this side of things forever and there was nothing worse than livng amoungst these crazed wizards that thought they were so much better than  anything .  " I think you drank one too many of those potions ...."  she muttered under her breathe .

"Oh yea ...jealousy that's a new one ...."   Raising her head then to look over at persephone325 .... " Who was  I supposed to vote for ... the bloody plant ..." as she pointed to Starlequin . 

Starlequin

Aiden wasn't the young wizard's first suspect, but he couldnt argue with the obvious expertise of his more trusted and learned elders. Still, Starlequin wondered absently if he didn't sense some sort of latent, cellulose-targeted hostility radiating from someone in the room...

Sarena

Vote Tally:

Aiden 4
James Moriarty 1

Last Call!

Sarena

Quidditch World Cup!!!!

This just in!  Everyone is invited to attend the annual Quidditch World Cup!  Bring your pom poms and be ready to cheer for your favorite team!

Please note:  Voting is suspended as the last event of the game has been triggered. 

Also, this event will likely end the game, but it depends upon what happens as to who will win.  In the meantime, please, everyone have fun with the World Cup and post away. 

Aiden

Aiden knew suspicion had turned his way, the tension in the Ministry was temporarily put on hold while the Quidditch World Cup ran. The man went to the event but kept his wand at the ready, keeping away from those other within the Ministry that almost put him to the chopping block.

Sasha

When the announcement came for the Quidditch World Cup to begin ....Sasha let out a sigh .  " come on ....silly plant wizard , you don't want to miss all the fun . "  as she scooped him up into her arm and hugged him to her side .  " Don't worry ...I won't let anything happen to you . Even if your daisy petals make me want to play he loves me ...he loves me not . I given up on men anyways . " 

Skipping into the arena ... the woman climbed to the top .  " Oh we will have a nice view from up here . " as she sat the plant down and shoved another out of the way .  " Make way for the plant dude ... " 

Why she picked up the plant was a bit unknown to her , all that hostility after so many years . First they ignored her , then they accused her of evil things ...still she was finally coming to the point of being known by all . Didn't seem like a good thing ...her mind was confused about most things . Maybe the game would bring some fun back into her life again . One of them could crash into the wall ...maybe a head on collision in the air ...oh yes she wanted to see something wicked happen as her feet did  a little pitter patter on the floor .  " I wish you were not a plant ...." 

Glancing over at the person next to her ..." What you looking at ....never seen a plant before ...."  then stuck out her tongue . Real mature Sasha ..real mature , she could hear the scolding in her head but couldn't seem to stop her own actions . This temporary delay in  the ministry justice was rather comical though . Something extrodinary was about to happen and she had a view from up here that was just priceless . 

persephone325

Sephie made her way to the stadium and took a seat to watch the match. She favoured all of the teams equally, and was never one to bet on games. She loved seeing all the amazing athletes this sport had to offer. It was always such a fun event to watch, and she couldn't remember a time when she ever missed this event.
I don't know.

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B. climbed up the stairs, feeling a chill in the air as he sat besides Sephie, hoping they could chat a little while waiting for the games to begin - at least he knew she was of no danger to him.

persephone325

Persephone hadn't noticed Mr. B. until he sat down right next to her.

"Oh hello, Mr. B." She said with a smile. "I wasn't expecting you to come so soon after my arrival." She admitted with a chuckle.
I don't know.

Mr Bigglesworth

"I just arrived too, and saw you there.  Us wizards can't be too careful these days, besides it's getting chilly, wouldn't want you getting cold sitting all by yourself."  He said, a small smile on his face.

Sasha

Sasha sat her large bag down ...she was in the section of her master as if there was a choice . It was crazy really a mortal sitting with the ones bred to dispise her the most . Becoming in service had led to some brutally fun activity though , she had to admit . What she missed most was home .  Looking down at the plant . " You know if you want my advise ....I would start growing those roots out and use that silly wand of yours . Because now might not be the best time to be a plant , if you get my drift . " 

Okay now she was talking to plants ....priceless . Rolling her eyes ...one should not make friends they had too much . Besides could this blundering be a sign of the great wizard . One never suspected the darkness that would come from one thought to be a fool . What a mastermind that would be . Like the Nerd boy becoming the King due to some ...electronic world on could enter . Crazy ...anyways these thoughts . She was never getting over to the otherside ...so .   " Very high up here isn't it .....try not to fall and crack your pot . " 

Then she thought on it and burst into laughter ..." Get it .... "  slapping her knee . Then a long silence in her mind ..." I am indeed gone completely mad . "

persephone325

"Ah. Stalking me, are you?" Persephone joked as she pulled a large blanket out of her seemingly never ending bag. She draped it around herself and Mr. B.
I don't know.

Starlequin

Movement! Starlequin felt the wind moving much faster than usual over his stem, the tell-tale *ZAPT* of an Apparate cast tingle through his petals. ~I'd forgotten how much I enjoy travelling~ The flower bounced back and forth as the owner of the hands clutching his pot held him tight and clambered up what seemed to be...steps? And, was the air feeling colder? And...thinner?

A sudden Apparate spell. Steps. Cold air. And a completely innocuous time of year? Starlequin's keen deductive skills informed him that these clues could only mean he was at the Quidditch World Cup match.

Well. Keen deductive skills, and the Sonicus-enchanted announcers welcoming everyone to the stadium. But even Starlequin, the dullest daisy in the world, couldn't fail to recognize the mutterings of his impromptu hostess.

Quote from: Sasha on February 01, 2013, 02:38:52 PM
"You know if you want my advise ....I would start growing those roots out and use that silly wand of yours . Because now might not be the best time to be a plant , if you get my drift. "

"Very high up here isn't it .....try not to fall and crack your pot."

"...I am indeed gone completely mad."

~I am soo buggered~

Aiden

Aiden leaned against a wall, a pack of muggle smokes in one hand. It was a filthy habit, he knew it but it helped mask the worst of smells. The man shook one free and lit it up with the tip of his wand. As he took a long drag and exhaled the smoke from his nose in two long tendrils he pointed his wand to the sky and let the most ominous of signs loose!

The dark mark, the signal for his remaining death eaters and supporters to gather. Their mission had failed, but he would not permit any more to die. He eyed a couple and one he believed had much to do with the unraveling of their plans.

It was not personal, he just fed up with the ministry and wished to infuse new blood into a system that was stuck in the dark ages! "Avada Kedavra!" He sent the spell towards Mr. Bigglesworth, smirking as he had his remaining followers gather and just as quickly as the mark had appeared...they were gone!

Sarena

GAME RESULTS:

The Dark Mark still conjured fear in the hearts of wizards everywhere.  Everyone stared in shock.  While some looked at the lifeless body of poor Mr. Bigglesworth, others' eyes were fixated on the place where the Dark Lord Aiden had been standing.  Still others weren't sure where to look and strained to see just who, exactly, were those that had followed him.  However, one thing was clear.  They may not have gotten him, but somehow, the wizards knew it would be a very long time before they heard from him again...

PLAYERS ~ ROLES

Aiden ~ Dark Lord
Beguile's Mistress ~   Death Eater
Chelemar   ~ Death Eater
James Moriarty   ~ Potions Master*3rd MoM
Josietta ~   Dementor*MoM
Kendra ~   Wizard
Kythia ~ Wizard*converted to Death Eater on Night Three
Luna    ~ Wizard
MCsc ~ The Imposter
Moirae ~ Wizard
Mr Bigglesworth ~ Dark Arts Expert
Niferbelle   ~ Death Eater*2nd MoM
persephone325 ~ Healer
RedPhoenix ~ Wizard
Remiel ~ Mudblood*Wizard
Sasha ~ Muggle*Death Eater
Starlequin ~ Wizard
SunshineSparkle ~ Wizard
ThatRPGuy ~ Seer