Cthulhutech - The times have changed

Started by merashin, April 20, 2014, 05:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merashin

Disclaimer: this is here because it can get nasty and unpleasant, not because it is intended to be sexually oriented.

This will be an Eldritch Society game. I already have 2 players (maybe 4, but 2 people haven't been responding to me) and would like to cap the game off at 6 people.

I plan on using John Chung's house rules.

We will use critical failure rule 1b and, for the purposes of 2b, all hybrid damage weapons will receive a +4 damage increase.

I will be running contrary to some stated pieces of fluff, but, for the most part, the characters will not know this until they encounter the inconsistencies. I'll specify most that the characters know in the game thread, but the big one is that the NEG still has a foothold in China in Shanghai and a 100 mile radius around it.

The game will be starting at the end of 2087, in October.

This will be my first Pbp game (that I'm running). So, you'll have to bear with me on this. Also, I'm training to be a lawyer; so my sentences are likely to be very fluffy.

I would like you to submit characters to me using the standard rules for making an ES character modified as per the linked house rules. Even though I expect this to be a tager game, parapsychics are allowed as long as they acknowledge they will either need to take some form of environmental or somatic powers to keep up in combat, or else not contribute to combat in a meaningful way. The same goes for mortal sorcerers, but replace enivronmental/somatic with summoning/necromancy (yes, I'm currently working on necromancy spells and almost complete. At third circle you can become a lich if you are mortal. Just ask and I'll post what I have). As per the normal rules, Tagers can be sorcerers as well, they just have to expect to not be as good as mortals until they get some ruach wells.

You will begin in the Merida arcology on the Yucatan Peninsula. You'll travel all around the world, so all of the Tager types will get a chance to act in their optimal environment. I also intend to have you guys metamorphose at some point or somehow empower your abilities if you are a para-psychic or sorcerer.

I will be allowing the Tagers that Bear posted up in the Liber Eques Sanctus project on the official forums. The project is a subforum on the Wildfire Cthulhutech forums (Please avoid the thread titled Super Dhohanoids. Don't worry if you've already looked at it).

If you want any other homebrew to be accepted then just tell me and I'll do what I can to accommodate it.

Muse

*Pounce!* 

Oh, may I play please? 

(And I bet Pretty in Pink would love a chance too!) 

I'd pitch Cory too you on the psot,but I'm fallling asleep in my seat, so I'll pop in again when I wake.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Mnemaxa

I have a distinct interest in this game.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

And I'm the nutbar who invited Mera over here and one of the two from the original recruitment.

Almost finished with an app for an Echo, criminal background (runner/dealer), Russian punk (literally and figuratively -- something of a cross between Wendy O. Williams, Samantha Wright, and Heather Doerksen as Sasha Kaidanovsky).

She's a refugee from Archangelsk by way of Volgograd. She's spent almost a quarter of her life in prison...And she's under twenty. The Society pulled her out when it went in to extract the bodies of some dead Tagers at the fall of Archangelsk (given its location, a logical jumping-off point for those seeking the fabled Plateau of Leng)...One of whom had sort-of adopted her off the record and was trying to keep her off the streets.

Just the person if you need something broken into, stolen, boosted, or when you need to find things on the black market. She has an unfortunate tendency to deal with her problems head-on.

But don't most Echoes?

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

ChaoticSky

merashin

Alright, We've got 4 people posting in over here, 5 if we count Retrokinesis from the original GiTP thread, but she hasn't responded to me and I don't know if she's tried to make/already has an Elliquiy account yet. That's enough to play, but I'm going to wait a little bit more time just in case.

If people's characters are ready then it would be nice to start seeing them if you can. No need to rush though. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

[tt]  [u][b]CONCEPT[/b][/u]

Player:               
Name:                  Callsign:
Race:                  Allegiance:
Virtue:                Flaw:

[u][b]PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS[/b][/u]

Height:                Weight:
Hair:                  Eyes:
Coloring:
Dist. Features:
Birthday:
Place of Birth:

[u][b]ATTRIBUTES[/b][/u]

Attributes  |  Rating  |  Feat Level
------------|----------|------------
Agility     |    ?     |
Intellect   |    ?     |
Perception  |    ?     |
Presence    |    ?     |
Strength    |    ?     |
Tenacy      |    ?     |

[u][b]SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES[/b][/u]

Actions:
Movement:
Reflex:
Orgone:
Vitality:
Drama Points:

[u][b]SKILLS[/b][/u]

Skill      |  Expertise  |  Attr. Base
-----------|-------------|------------
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
Spec       |  Expertise  |  Skill
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |

[u][b]QUALITIES[/b][/u]

Assets:
Drawbacks:

[u][b]SPECIAL ABILITIES[/b][/u]

[u][b]INSANITY[/b][/u]

[u][b]EXPERIENCE[/b][/u]

Total:
Spent:
Log:

[u][b]POSSESSIONS[/b][/u]

[u][b]SPELLS[/b][/u]

[u][b]ARMOUR[/b][/u]

[u][b]WEAPONS[/b][/u]

[u][b]WOUNDS[/b][/u]

[/tt]

CarnivalOfTheGoat

I'm sure the master post will get updated with these soon, but for the moment:

John Chung's house rules

Liber Eques Sanctus

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

merashin

Thanks for that, for some reason it wasn't letting me put external links in the master post. I didn't try editing it to put them in as I didn't think my ability to link would have changed between posting and editing.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: merashin on April 20, 2014, 02:40:27 PM
Thanks for that, for some reason it wasn't letting me put external links in the master post. I didn't try editing it to put them in as I didn't think my ability to link would have changed between posting and editing.

Hm. I wonder if it's because you've just been approved? But then what's the approval process for? Is it working now?

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

ChaoticSky

also useful: Mugshots

IIRC, stuff is limited right after you approved, when i first joined, long ago now, i dont think i could edit posts at all for like a week.

merashin

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on April 20, 2014, 02:49:31 PM
Hm. I wonder if it's because you've just been approved? But then what's the approval process for? Is it working now?
Somehow I can now do it. Maybe it was a restriction for someone just approved, but they chose to remove that restriction because I'm running a game. Maybe I'm just over thinking things and it was being glitchy.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: merashin on April 20, 2014, 02:54:26 PM
Somehow I can now do it. Maybe it was a restriction for someone just approved, but they chose to remove that restriction because I'm running a game. Maybe I'm just over thinking things and it was being glitchy.
At a guess, maybe they have links disabled for initial posts? i mean, thats what spambots do yes? I dont think they are smart enough to go back and edit if it didnt work the first time XD. But its been a long time since i was new i dunno.

Anyway, im thinking of picking up a Efreet for my tager. Had a idea rolling around for one for a while, so taadaa.

ChaoticSky

I claim this colour

Sary
I have walked through valleys of death and oceans of night. I have looked demons and traitors in their eyes. I have heard the whispers of dark things that wanted my soul. And never once have I encountered anything that has struck the fear into me that those creatures would feel if they ever truly understood the resolve of Humanity.
Player:Darkling
Callsign:Crusader
Race:Xenomix
Allegiance:ES (NEG)
Virtue:Confident
Flaw:Arrogant
Height:5'10"
Hair:Black
Eyes:Amber
Colouring:Silver-grey skinned
Features:Tattoos, though very different from usual nazzadi whitework, see Misc.
Birthday:7th Feb
PlaceOfBirth:UK

Bio

Sary is a tall woman who practically bleeds confidence, with a near perpetual cocky half-grin and all the physical gifts nature has to offer. A Xenomix, she has healthy silver-grey skin, amber eyes, and long, lustrous black hair that reaches down to her waist. Her physique is that of a goddess; a generous bust, tastefully narrow waist and nice curved hips, but more than beautiful, she is strong, and has a lean build of muscles like armoured cables beneath the soft veneer of flesh, giving her a very toned look. She doesnt often have time to bother with cosmetics, so she simply had a dark line of eyeliner and inviting scarlet lipstick tattooed on.

In addition, while she engages in the nazzadi tradition of tattooing, she chose to follow her own sense of style, and instead of the neo-tribal lines of her darkling kin, she favours more geometric shapes. To be specific; tall rectangles and triangles, writ in black ink. She has three triangles on her face, each cheek and her forehead, with points facing outward, another at the base of her neck, point descending into her cleavage, and a matching one on her lower back, its point disappearing below her waistline. The monolithic rectangles she wears on the outside edges of her limbs; outer upper arm/shoulder, outer forearm, outer thigh, outer calf, and on her stomach and upper back. She has begun a process of counter-scribing these shapes with additional designs in white ink, covering the black rectangles with quotes and text she considers inspiring, while having symbols and designs placed on the triangles. Currently she has a stylized flame design on the triangle over her chest, and the monoliths on her back and both upper arms are covered in text. 
Specifics

Chest tat

Some examples of text from her monoliths:
"Humans. They are not the cowering wretches we were promised! They stand. They are unruly, and therefore cannot be ruled. To challenge them is to court death."
"A machine can do the work of 50 ordinary people. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary person"
"War endures. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. "
"Six thousand years, ten thousand wars, one hundred thousand battles, one hundred million heroes. "
"Much as the bleeding hearts may dislike the fact, war and its culture form an integral part of human history and human life and are likely to do so for all future to come. "
"Mankind has had ten thousand years experience of warfare and if he must fight he has no excuse for not fighting well. "
"Animals flee this hell; the hardest stones cannot bear it for long; only man endures. "
"I've never believed in the End Times. We are mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit... we will kill it."
"A single inescapable fact is that humanity united with infinitely greater purpose in pursuit of war, than they ever did in pursuit of peace."
Tager

Sary is slightly arypical of Efreets, while no Tager shows a true gender, her shifted state still has a certain... waist-hip ratio that suggests the person beneath is a woman, even if nothing else in its body does. The otherworldly stone 'armour' that gives shape to its pyros body is more glossy in appearance than typical, resembling obsidian, riven through with spaces and cracks through which golden, smokeless, fire burns. Her fists and shoulders are every bit as huge and heavy as one would expect, though they have more angular striking faces, and a forest of bladed spikes jutting back from her forearms and up from her shoulders as a result of its glassy stone composition, instead of the more blunt spires of a typical efreet. The Efreet's 'face' is a smooth perfect oval, with a slit-visior 'eye' and jagged pumpkin-like mouth.

History
Sary was born in the United Kingdom, and grew up a relatively normal, happy child in the Nazzadi district of Manchester Arcology, which was still under construction at the time, but with the First War over, it was a mostly happy, uplifting time, and considering what came before and after, a pleasant time to be a child. Her parents, a nazzadi woman and human man, decided to raise her Nazzadi, for her mother considered her people's search for a identity to be a important one, and her father was content as long as Sary was happy. She played with her friends, went to school, and watched as a new world of hope and unity grew out of the ashes of the war. But such times were not to last, and she was only six when the Second War began; the rising of beasts of old, followed swiftly by monsters from the starry sky and the abyssal depths, and the far corners of man's own soul. Her happy world seemed to become darker, day by day, as the toll rose, cities burned, the Migou swarmed from the north like the locuses of old, while the Dagonites rose from the deeps, every bit the monsters of legend, and from the east, the barbarians howled,

first her father, then her mother, were summoned back into service, both ace pilots of the First War,
with them gone Sary was sent to live with relatives, though her life was largely unchanged, she saw the ever increasing numbers of refugees filping into her home as the north of the islands fell to the migou, and the coasts evacuated as the dagonites began tonpreyvon the people who lived there. Also despite her relative's best efforts, the ylung girl became more and more embroiled in the newscasts about the war, all carefully vetted by the NEG govt of course, they gave the girl a sense of eventual impending victory

'

Personal
In a word? Fire. Sary is a fierce and passionate person, with strong opinions about nearly everything from food to philosophy to politics, not to mention the best way to skin a migou. A fanatic Humanist, she considers ultimate victory in the Aeon War to be merely a matter of time, and believes that the only real threats are the secret ones, lurking in our own shadows, against whome mankind is unwilling or unable to turn its intent against. To this end she is proud to be a warrior in the shadow war against Chrysalis, and considers their overall goal of subverting humanity into monsters to be especially loathsome. Though she also has a black spot for the Dagonites; corruptors and usurpers who would turn our world over to some hoary old god in the hopes of buying salvation. The Migou she considers to be irritating bugs, yet to be squashed. While she holds nothing but pity for the Rapine Storm, who were so weak as to fall before the predations of a inferior being, though pity doesnt equate to mercy. She has but one answer to all mankind's enemies: Fire. It was our first weapon against the dark, and even in the Strange Aeon, its still one of the most effective, and she will cleanse the world, even if she has to burn it.

Sary is a Xenomix, but holds to both halves of her heritage with a passion, refusing to favour her Nazzadi side of her the way her people demand. In her life she has often been mocked as a Native, but her views are infact rather more nuanced; She doesnt feel that Nazzadi should become 'human' instead, she feels they are Human, Oh sure, the migou crossed some strands of DNA and made some tweaks, but biologically, they are the same species, just like a wolf and a dog are the same thing. She considers the Nazzadi to be a ethnic group of the human race, no more, no less, and just as every ethnicity has its contributions to make to society, so do they. Trying to blend as Natives would prefer, only serves to deny their kin the benefits of their joining together under one banner. To this end, and somewhat ironically, while Nazzadi are often lauded for their flair when it comes to creating bizarre combinations that work despite their oddness, Sary mixes Nazzadi and Human trends. Though her attire is often sparse Nazzadi-chic, her tattoos are wildly different from the neo-tribal look that her dark skinned forebearer's favour, comprised mostly of black monoliths and other block shapes on the large surfaces of her body, that speak to her strength and resolution. Many of them are counter-scribed with quotes in white, words that speak to humanity's greatness, from across history and literature.

But all that aside, she also has a wry sense of humour, and appreciates a good comedy, she cooks when she can, and is actually pretty good at it, though meat is both her area of expertise and her preference for meals. She doesnt tend to get along with Veggies. Her passion lends its self well to amorous pursuits, and shes no stranger to lovers of either gender, as well as to athleticism; Sary is a neigh-compulsive exerciser, seeking to perfect her body, and also spends a fair amount of time meditating, often in her shifted form, or before a fire if that isnt feasible. As one might expect she has a interest in fire, and keeps a firepit, fireplace, braizer, candles or other source of fire going whenever possible... where not, she often cranks the head up. Her Symbiont presses on her more than most, which occasionally causes her to flash over into anger, arrogant affont, and pride, though she has found that breathing smoke calms her... to which end she acquired herself a fine pipe, and smokes when her temper flares... not tobacco or any other kind of drug (do you know what that stuff does to you?), rather she uses sawdust, and has actually become quite the eccentric connoisseur of the flavour of various wood smokes (she prefers oak, but the way), but if needs must, shell stuff the pipe with anything flammable from leaves to grass to crushed treebark.

She considers herself to be the best possible leader for a pack of Tagers; Vision and Passion, welded by Will. However she knows the value of delegation, and is quite content to give the mantle to others when it suits the mission. If not a leader, she wont make petty dominance plays, or try to usurp command, but she will uphold anyone who would command her to the standards she holds for herself. She instead takes on a chaplain-like role, assuming responsibility for morale and setting a inspiring example for others, though shes utterly unforgiving of any who freeze when the pressure is on.

Character Stats

ATTRIBUTES 0/35
AttributeRatingTagerFeat
Agility6+23(4)
Intellect5-3
Perception5+13(3)
Presence8-4
Strength8+74
Tenacty9+65
SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES
Actions: 1(2)
Movement: 13 mph[32/8 ypt] (23 mph[57/13 ypt])
Orgone: 6/6 12 (8/8 15)
Reflex: 5 (6)
Vitality: 70/70 [Step: 14] (100/100 [Step: 20])
Drama Points: 10/10 [2/2]

SKILLS 3/41(20sp+12cp+8draw+1race)-(10ass-1spec-30skil)
SkillExpertiseAttr BaseSpecSpecLvl
AthleticsAdept(3)?--
IntimidateAdept(3)Pres--
HistoryNovice(2)--
Hobby(Cookin)Novice(2)Int--
ObservationAdept(3)Per--
PersuadeAdept(3)Pres--
SeductionNovice(2)Pres--
StealthAdept(3)Agi--
--
DodgeAdept(3)Agi--
FightingAdept(3)AgiTagerFocus(1)
MarksmanAdept(3)PerTagerFocus(1)

QUALITIES
Assets
Alluring (1)
Tager (4)
Tager: Exceptional (2)
Tager: Rare (1)
Tager: Variant (1)
Driven (2)

Drawbacks
Misfit (1)
Exaggerated Symbiont (2)
Compulsive Behaviour (1)
Duty (3)
Fanatic (2)

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Low Light Vision: Can see in low light to 50yrds in B&W

INSANITY
Disorders:

Wounds

Tager

Type: Efreet
Special: Firestarter; The skin of an Efreet burns with heat and the seams in its “skin” and joints glow with fire. While it can consciously dampen these effects, the Efreet still leaves char marks anywhere it walks or on anything it touches that is not resistant to heat and flame. It lights things on fire with a mere touch, if its firestarting abilities are left at full effect. Anything that hits an Efreet takes one die of damage, which can be reduced by armor. Suffer a –6 Penalty to Stealth Tests in shifted form. Water boils around it creating a 3yrd radius cloud of partially obscuring bubbles. Immune to any kind of fire, including plasma blasts.

Size:Medium (8 to 9 ft. tall)
Attribute Modifications:
Agility -/+2
Perception -/+1
Strength +3/+7
Tenacity +2/+6

Weapons:
Dragonbreath– Range 10/25/50, Damage +4, Shots 1, Infinite Rounds. This
attack ignites combustible materials.
Spiked Fists (+2)– The hot and mace-like fists of an Efreet sear anything.
Soul Stare– The Efreet can fixate a nearby enemy with its righ-teous stare. If the Efreet succeeds at a Tenacity Feat Contest
versus an enemy’s Tenacity Feat, his foe loses 2 Actions (which
may reduce his Actions to zero for a turn or two).

Limit Weapon:
Meteor Strike– Range 30/60/100, Damage +6; this attack calls down a mystical shower of super-heated rocks, attacking all things in a 400 square foot area. Generate only one attack roll for the Combat Contest, against which all poten-tial targets must defend. This attack does Hybrid Damage. This uses all Actions and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.

Armor:2/2
Regeneration:1/1 Die

Fear Factor:16

Senses: Nightvision, Scan, Thermal

Movement & Speed:Climbing (Double), Jumping (Quadruple), Land (Normal)
Metamorphosis

-0/12 Started large fires
-0/24 Enemies watched burn to death.
-0/12 Times acted with moral conviction against convenience
-0/12 Times destoryed Evil things when it wasnt a good idea.
-0/12 Major Old Ones ops destoryed
-0/93 third nights of last three months hunting.
-0/180 days of shifting and starting fires, must spend a hour contemplating the fire.
-0/20 times used Limit Weapon
-0/12 times stood against superior foes or out numbered
-0/12 times continued fighting with Serious Wounds or At Deaths Door.
-Presence of 7, unshifted.
-Strength of 8, unshifted.
-Tenacity of 7, unshifted.
-Adept level of expertise in Athletics.
-Expert level of expertise in Fighting.
-Novice level of expertise in Intimidation.
-Focused in the Overawe specialization.
-Adept level of expertise in Observation.
-Expert level of expertise in Marksman.
-Focused in the Tager specialization

Gear
Weapon
Steel Knuckles (+0)
CS-40 “Defender” (15/30/50. +1. 2:15/15.)

Armour

Gear
Pipe
Lighter
PCPU(w/ glasses)
Fine Clothing

EXPENDITURES

Chargen Cheats0/6
-12 Skillpoints [6]

Gm Stuff

Stuff

Jaded

I'd be interested if there is still room.

merashin

With Jaded we now have 5 (unless I can't count). That's good enough, but I'm currently away from my computer and information by several hundred miles, so I'll have to set up the OOC later.

Jaded

:-)

I am thinking a Vampire or Spectre if they are available, probably the Vampire as my main preference.  I'll try to create a character today or tomorrow. 

Mnemaxa

I'll have to wait and see what the others are making, though it seems an exceptional-heavy game so far.   Not a complaint mind you.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Muse

This is Cory.  I could play her if she'll fit.  :) 

I did her mechanics a long time ago, so it probably need some work, but I hope you like. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Muse on April 21, 2014, 08:00:14 AM
This is Cory.  I could play her if she'll fit.  :) 

I did her mechanics a long time ago, so it probably need some work, but I hope you like.

There's no there, there? Was there meant to be a link?

So far I am seeing:

CarnivalOfTheGoatEcho
DarklingEfreet
JadedVampire/Spectre
Mnemaxa???
Muse???
Retro   Voidspeaker/Vampire

NOT COUNTING LIMIT WEAPONS:
The Echo has a max weapon range of 200,
The Vampire has 150,
The Efreet has 50,
The Voidspeaker has 25 (Interesting definition of Artillery if it can only fire at "real" ranges 1/day)
The Spectre has 5.

On the one hand, figure that most encounters (IRL and in RPGs) take place at close/medium range, and since generally tagers can sneak up on a fight by looking human, if we're engaging at a range we didn't want to something went wrong already...

On the other hand, maybe little Ylizaveta had better put a few more points into Marksmanship.

Gripping hand, it's still too early to tell, after all there are variant tagers. Was any planning on inverting their primarily brawling tager into a ranged tager, or their primarily ranged tager into a brawler (oops, yeah I was thinking about that...But I don't have to ditch the Fathom Beam)?

I am really bad at misguessing party trends lately. I was betting on more shooters than brawlers. ;D There's another game I'm in where I was betting on more detectives than shooters.

Something to keep in mind: this isn't D&D. We don't necessarily need a fighter, a mage, and a cleric.

ASSUMING that Retro goes with the Voidspeaker, and Jaded goes with the Vampire, rather than doubling up vampires (which isn't a problem if that's what you want to do), as mentioned above there is a certain amount of stealth inherent in simply being human (although another tager or dhohanoid can see through that given a full minute of observation). So it isn't absolutely necessary that 'someone has to play the party rogue (Spectre/Whisper).'

If someone wanted to they could probably do a focus of 'Stealth (Tager)' I imagine if they wanted to rogue things up without selecting a Spectre. This would probably be difficult for an efreet (pay no attention, I'm just a random bonfire, nothing to see here). There's also the houseruled Banshee 'tanking' tager, but I'm not so sure that it is what it suggests that it is: it has no way to force enemies to attack it, and its limit weapon shatters the armor and does heavy damage to everyone (hostile or otherwise!) in a 50' radius. OW.

ADDENDUM: If nobody else has their heart set on bringing a sneaky/stealthy Tager, little Lizka is inherently a bit of a sneak, being from a predominantly criminal background. So at worst there's always Giant Ninja Shark Monster for laughs.

...Or I could rewrite her to be a bit more thuggish and brawleriffic. I'm not finicky.

EDIT: Somehow when I was building the table I deleted or pasted over Muse's line. Fixed!

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Muse

merashin

Oh god Muse, It's been so long since I've seen a My-Hime reference. Looking at Carn's post it appears that I am actually terrible at counting and there are 6 of you not 5. So, I guess the game's full up now. I'll post up the OOC thread soon, but, as I've said before, I'm away from all of my notes so I'll have to update the main post when I get home.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Looks nice, Muse!

Okay, updating the table for easy reference:

CarnivalOfTheGoatEcho
DarklingEfreet
JadedVampire/Spectre
Mnemaxa???
MuseShadow

So Cory is our ninja, and has Acute Hearing. All Echos have Acute Smell, so between the two of us we've got most of a sensor suite. Figure that in an urban environment the most important element of Acute Vision will be spotting stealthed critters, as it doesn't contribute to range, particularly, and in an urban environment ranges tend to be short to medium...And I think the Echo's sonar probably will work for that in most circumstances. The description of Mecha stealth in the Core rules includes visual masking, heat signature reduction, silent running, and anti-radar coating. Which suggests sonar ought to work just fine. CT only allows sonar to work underwater...Not strictly accurate, we got the idea from bats and generally speaking they don't do well underwater, but okay, RAW.

Stupid Tech Commentary
Weirdly, CT lists Sonar as 'passive' meaning it is simply in use all the time, but sonar actually has two modes called active and passive...In passive you're just listening and building a 'map' based on how sounds are reflecting off things near you, but there's such a thing as 'active pulse' where you're deliberately pinging to confirm a specific target by generating your own noise. Torpedoes tend to switch to this when they're almost on top of a target (because if you're pinging and the other guy has sonar, he has exactly as precise a fix on you as you do on him...Or better, if he's really lucky and you aren't). But since stealth-tech a la CT does not seem to run to anechoic tiles (the big rubbery things you see in closeups of military submarines), and anechoic tiles would seem to be awfully hard to put a chameleon surface on (the whole point being spongy rubber sound absorption, not a smooth surface that sound reflects off of), but hey, technology is magic. But at least underwater, then, stealth systems shouldn't function well against sonar-equipped things (which means practically all EOD and many Migou, as well as Echos). Then again, the Shadow's stealth systems are 'mystical,' so we can just throw science out the window! Mera, do you have a call on this? Er, and is Mera okay? I'm usually referred to as Carny, unless the other Carny is in the same game (which actually happened once).

So we definitely have our ninja. I should probably bump up Ylisabeta's marksmanship and make her a little more capable of doing something approaching an overwatch/sniper role if it's necessary. Unless you were planning on bringing a Nightmare or something else that was big and shooty, Mnemaxa (nice Spellsinger ref, btw).

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Mnemaxa

I'll be crafting an agility+close combat based Nightmare.  Max range with the Depthless Strike is 60' but the ability to ignore cover and strike around corners is worth it to me.

Incidentally, Voidspeakers have a full sensory suite second only to the Whisper.

ChaoticSky

Okay, i have to ask, because its been bugging me for a while. Ive noticed several people, here and elsewhere, spell it 'Tagger' (which i assume is pronounced Tag-ger), but never once is it spelled that way in the books. In the books its 'Tager', and given that its rooted in 'Ta'ge Fragment', pronounced 'Tah-jer' or 'Tay-ger'...
I dont mean to grammar nazi, but im starting to feel like i missed a memo or something, its so common @_@. Anyone care to enlighten me on the subject?

Also on the subject, im probably going to keep my 'balanced' approach, and use fists/soulstare/dragonbreath, she stealths in human form because obvious walking fireball is obvious. Though, it is worth pointing out that Inferno can melt into existing fires, hide, and travel through them. So if things go *really* bad post-metamorphsis, i may be better at hiding than most of you.  ;D

Atleased until the fire trucks get there.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Darkling on April 21, 2014, 03:55:21 PM
Okay, i have to ask, because its been bugging me for a while. Ive noticed several people, here and elsewhere, spell it 'Tagger' (which i assume is pronounced Tag-ger), but never once is it spelled that way in the books. In the books its 'Tager', and given that its rooted in 'Ta'ge Fragment', pronounced 'Tah-jer' or 'Tay-ger'...
I dont mean to grammar nazi, but im starting to feel like i missed a memo or something, its so common @_@. Anyone care to enlighten me on the subject?

Also on the subject, im probably going to keep my 'balanced' approach, and use fists/soulstare/dragonbreath, she stealths in human form because obvious walking fireball is obvious. Though, it is worth pointing out that Inferno can melt into existing fires, hide, and travel through them. So if things go *really* bad post-metamorphsis, i may be better at hiding than most of you.  ;D

Atleased until the fire trucks get there.

The ' in 'g is the usual indication for a glottal stop, the syllable break you get in the middle of words like 'ladder' or 'butter' when people don't pronounce the hard consonants in the middle. So, regardless of what the original writer of "Ta'ge" was hearing in their head, what they wrote by putting that little mark there ends up being either Tay-uguh or Tah-uguh with the middle 'u' barely pronouncerd before a hard G rather than a J-disguised-as-a-G...Something like someone saying 'ago' quickly enough that you almost lose the first syllable.

People who write it 'Tagger' are just having issues distancing what they're hearing in their heads/saying it as from how it is written in the books (with only one G). It's not spelled that way in the rules.

Either that or we're misunderstanding what those people really mean, which is that their characters actually spend part of their time throwing up illegal graffiti.

(Honestly I don't fuss about it, as long as I don't have to read things twice to figure them out...But since you asked!)

I think I am going to bump up Lizka's Marksmanship anyway. It's not like throwing one more point in to make her Adept is a commitment that would somehow make her melee-incapable, it's just that the default ranged weapon on the Echo has one of the longest ranges in the game for Tager weapons. The Vampire (which two people in this game have shown interest in, although I am betting Retrokinesis will go for the Voidspeaker) is a single-shot/turn, +2 Dmg weapon with range 150 and the Echo has a 3-shot/turn +2 dmg weapon with range 200.

Thank goodness it's usable in the air, unlike sonar. >_>

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

ChaoticSky

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on April 21, 2014, 04:03:55 PM
*snip*
(Honestly I don't fuss about it, as long as I don't have to read things twice to figure them out...But since you asked!)

I think I am going to bump up Lizka's Marksmanship anyway. It's not like throwing one more point in to make her Adept is a commitment that would somehow make her melee-incapable, it's just that the default ranged weapon on the Echo has one of the longest ranges in the game for Tager weapons. The Vampire (which two people in this game have shown interest in, although I am betting Retrokinesis will go for the Voidspeaker) is a single-shot/turn, +2 Dmg weapon with range 150 and the Echo has a 3-shot/turn +2 dmg weapon with range 200.

Thank goodness it's usable in the air, unlike sonar. >_>
Hizzah, thanks ^^

Also your a Echo, you should be chewing on people, not shooting them, thats half the fun!  ;D

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Darkling on April 21, 2014, 04:06:56 PM
Also your a Echo, you should be chewing on people, not shooting them, thats half the fun!  ;D

I so totally agree. That limit attack doesn't work very well at 200m range. But it's nice to have someone who can keep an opponent pinned down at range while other people move up to surround/flank them sometimes.

Updated table:

CarnivalOfTheGoatEcho
DarklingEfreet
JadedVampire/Spectre
MnemaxaNightmare (Agility/CC)
MuseShadow

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Mnemaxa

First draft.  Well, 4th draft, technically speaking. 

Soliquy
  CONCEPT

Player: Mnemaxa               
Name: Soliquy                 Callsign: Pandora
Race: Nazzadi                 Allegiance: Eldritch Society (NEG)
Virtue: Imaginative           Flaw: Cruel

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height: 1.72 m (5' 8")        Weight: 67 kg (148 lbs)
Hair: Black                   Eyes: Red
Coloring: Ebony, with white tattoos; often uses metallic reds and golds for makeup.
Dist. Features: Short, wild hair; 'autopsy' scar
Birthday: November 23, 2068
Place of Birth:  Philadelphia Arcology

BIO

Soliquy was born into the Eldritch Society.

This is not a particularly unusual situation, since a murder of Tagers tend to form relationships within themselves or with other Tagers almost exclusively.  While pregnant Soliquy's mother took on less dangerous missions, but continued to work hard and tirelessly furthering the still nascent goals of the Eldritch Society.  When she was born, after a too short time Soliquy's mother and father allowed her to be raised by foster parents within the Society itself, allowing them to remain a presence in their daughter's life while giving her a semblance of normalcy as she grew older.  While the number of Nazzadi within the Society started somewhat low, over time the Society and its adherents grew larger in number.  Childhood within the Society was somewhat different than the rest of the world, but it was not the Eldritch Society which changed Soliquy's life.

During one of the rare convergences of astronomical phenomena that inevitably brought cult - especially that of the Children of Chaos - to a boil, the Philadelphia branch of the Eldritch Society was directly assaulted while most of the Tagers and more than a few support teams were attempting to keep the arcology intact and relatively safe.  The disaster was discovered quickly, but the damage was done - much of the Society was in shambles, and a large number of the members had been taken away.  Heroic efforts on the parts of the Tagers that could be spared and rank and file members of the Society, which included librarians, scholars, researchers, and other people not normally expected to enter real combat, allowed the Society to mount a successful counter attack.  A number of potential sacrificial victims were saved, and while the Society in Philadelphia was in tatters and ruins, the Children of Chaos were far worse for wear.  Unfortunately, young Soliquy was among the rescued victims; the scars she bears were not inflicted by cultists, but by the non-magical efforts necessary to save her life after taking several bullets during the firefight. 

The resulting damage to Soliquy's psyche is fairly obvious to anyone who looks past the haunted, quiet beauty she has grown into.  Every effort has been put into strengthening her body and mind, her skills are almost entirely focused on those necessary to combat the growing evil nestled within the NEG, and to this day she is haunted by the things she saw and experienced in that three day long sojourn into hell.  She seems convinced there are forces near her that she cannot entirely see or defend herself against, and her joining with the Ta'ge symbiont has not lessened that conviction.  Strangeness and weird happenings seem to follow her; and though the working of the symbiont upon her personality has actually helped her seem and act (perhaps even be) more human her head-space seems filled with things that she rarely shares.

Her unusual Nightmare symbiont makes her less of a ranged weapon combatant and more of a close combat specialist, which seems to suit the undertone of imminent violence she projects whenever actively on a mission.  Even when not on a mission, she has been known to stalk and hunt suspicious individuals and those whom seem to take an unhealthy interest in young men and women - though on occasion she seems to slip up and hunt young men or women whom would be targeted by unsavory types instead.  No one is actually sure if she's ever caught any of the people she stalks, but a great deal of the time, no one asks.  When unable to indulge this peculiar habit, she turns inward, and occasionally indulges in extremely intricate piercings or tattoos that she allows to heal over.

STATISTICS
  ATTRIBUTES
All 6 cheats went to increase her attributes.

Agility     |    7/11  |     3/5
Intellect   |    6     |     3
Perception  |    5/7   |     2/4
Presence    |    6     |     3
Strength    |    7/10  |     3/5
Tenacity    |   11/13  |     5/6

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions:  1/3
Movement:  13 mph/32 ypt/8 ypt (19 mph/47 ypt/11 ypt)
Reflex: 6/8
Orgone: 13/14 (Effective 0)
Vitality: 14/16
Drama Points: 10
Damge Dice: +0/+2 Dice

QUALITIES

Assets: Tager 2, Exceptional Tager 4, Alternate Tager (CC/Agility), High Pain Threshold 3, Alluring 1
Drawbacks:  Damaged 2, Duty (Eldritch Society) 3, Shadow Walker 3, Ineptitude (Savoir-fare) 2

SPECIAL ABILITIES
+4 vrs Fear Tests when Transformed
Nightvision

SKILLS

SKILLS

English    |   Novice    |   Inte
Nazzadi    |   Novice    |   Inte
Literacy   |   Novice    |   Inte
Reg. Know  |   Novice    |   Inte
Athletics  |   Adept     |   Spec
Fighting   |   Adept     |   Agil
Marksman   |   Adept     |   Agil
Armed Fight|   Novice    |   Agil
Survival   |   Novice    |   Tena
Medicine   |   Novice    |   Inte
Intimidate |   Student   |   Pres
Occult     |   Student   |   Inte
Dodge      |   Student   |   Agil
Tager      |   Focused   |   Fighting
Tager      |   Focused   |   Marksman
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |

NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE
Exceptional Heavy Weapon Tager
Requires the Tager, the Tager: Exceptional Qualities

Agility -/+4
Perception -/+2
Strength +2/+5
Tenacity +2/+4

Special:
Agility and Close Combat Variant

Melee:
Talons - (+2) – Vicious claws extend from the Nightmare's fingers.

Rend - (+4) – Taking two actions, the Nightmare can tear an opponent limb from limb with both sets of claws.

Ranged:
Depthless Strike - (+3) – Range 10/30/60, Shots 1, Infinite Rounds – This attack is a burst of energy that follows along flat planes.  It is capable of ignoring cover and going around corners.

Limit Weapon:
Mystic Blast -  (+10) – Range 30/75/200 – An eight foot tall, five foot wide swath of energy that damages everything in the path in a straight line.  It is the only action that can be used in a round and takes up all actions.

Armor: 2 / 2
Regeneration: 1 per Hour / 1 Die per Turn
Fear Factor: 16
Senses: Nightvision, Scan.
Movement: Climbing (38 mph/94 ypt/22 ypt), Jumping (Double), Land (19 mph/47 ypt/11 ypt)

TORMENT

Required Behaviors by Trait

Cold Temper
Menacing
Murderous
Nightmare
Symbiosis

Statistical Requirements:
Must have an Tenacity score of 8, unshifted
Must have an Strength score of 7, unshifted
Must have an Presence score of 7, unshifted
Must have at least an Expert level of expertise in Marksman
Must have at least an Expert level of expertise in Fighting
Must have at least an Adept level of expertise in Athletics
Must have at least an Adept level of expertise in Intimidation
Must be at least focused in the Menace Specialization
Must have at least a Novice level of expertise in Survival
Must be at least Focused in the Tracking specialization

Metamorphosis:

INSANITY

Disorders:

EXPERIENCE

Total:
Spent:
Log:

POSSESSIONS
PCPU; Wireless Com Unit; Digital Vid Recorder; Standard Clothing, 3 sets; ;Medkit w/Bioscanner; One Fashionable Outfit; Knapsack
  ARMOUR
Sentrytech Mk V armor w/trauma plates +1/+1
  WEAPONS
Composite Combat Knife   +1 die
  WOUNDS

Jaded

I'm not actually sure what to make now.  I was thinking a perception/ranged Vampire, but I had the idea for a Stage Performer Mirage.  Hmm.  I may make both and see which I prefer (or wait to hear if Retro wants the Vampire role). 

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Jaded on April 21, 2014, 10:02:01 PM
I'm not actually sure what to make now.  I was thinking a perception/ranged Vampire, but I had the idea for a Stage Performer Mirage.  Hmm.  I may make both and see which I prefer (or wait to hear if Retro wants the Vampire role).

Retro has confirmed on Voidspeaker (which has some pretty scary perception bonuses, +6 if I remember right), so if you want to go Vampire or Mirage, either is open to you.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Updated table:

CarnivalOfTheGoatEcho (Agility/CC)
DarklingEfreet
JadedVampire/Spectre
MuseShadow
Retro   Voidspeaker

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Jaded

Hrm.  I made a Vampire, only to glance at the Voidspeaker and realize it is better in pretty much every way except maybe stealth and armour.   ???  Unless I am misreading.  Higher relevant stats, higher damage, same ability to fly, better range, more senses.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Jaded on April 22, 2014, 12:07:18 AM
Hrm.  I made a Vampire, only to glance at the Voidspeaker and realize it is better in pretty much every way except maybe stealth and armour.   ???  Unless I am misreading.  Higher relevant stats, higher damage, same ability to fly, better range, more senses.

Yeah, they're pretty crazy. I know that Retro is signed up for one.

Merashin, are duplicate tagers okay?

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Jaded

Eh, I don't want to play one.  I'm just not overly impressed by the homebrew tager :P  Will have to see if I can come up with something unique/more useful to the party.

Eh, screw it.  Semi-finished sheet below.  The background thought I have is that she was (prior to joining the society) a UCH-70 Werewolf pilot.  I wouldn't be opposed to starting with one.   ;D  Well, maybe not. ;)  She is a standard Vampire except I took the increased armour 3/3 and lowered regen 1/3.

I wouldn't mind adding some equipment (silenced weapon, blacksuit, etc) but for the basics I just gave her a pistol, AR goggles, and some close combat weapons (even though she won't be in close combat generally, I figured it would link in with the Vampire's sadistic tendencies).

3 Cheats went to Tenacity I believe, 3 to Skills. 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

CONCEPT

Player: Jaded
Name: Elizabeth Balery Callsign: Bloodwing
Race: Human            Allegiance: Eldritch Society
Virtue: Self-Confident Flaw: Vengeful
Tager: Vampire

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height: 5'8"           Weight:
Coloring:
Dist. Features:
Birthday: April 6
Place of Birth: New York

ATTRIBUTES

Agility     |  10/13   |    5/6
Intellect   |   5/5    |    2/2
Perception  |   8/11   |    4/5
Presence    |   4/4    |    2/2
Strength    |   4/6    |    2/3
Tenacity    |  10/13   |    5/6

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: 3
Movement: 15 mph (37/9) or 19 mph (47/11)
Reflex: 8/10
Orgone: 12/14 (Access None)
Vitality: 12/14

SKILLS

Athletics  |  1-Student  |  Special
Communicati|  1-Student  |  Intellect
Computer   |  1-Student  |  Intellect
Education  |  1-Student  |  Intellect
Medicine   |  1-Student  |  Intellect
Munitions  |  1-Student  |  Intellect
Observation|  2-Novice   |  Perception
Occult     |  1-Student  |  Intelligence
Pilot      |  3-Adept    |  Agility
(Combat Hovercraft, Large A-Pod Transports, A-Pod Personal Hovercraft)
Stealth    |  3-Adept    |  Agility
Surveillanc|  1-Student  |  Intellect
Survival   |  1-Student  |  Tenacity
Technician |  1-Student  |  Intellect

Armed Fight|  1-Student  |  Agility
Dodge      |  3-Adept    |  Agility
Fighting   |  1-Student  |  Agility
Marksman   |  2-Novice   |  Perception
Support Wea|  1-Student  |  Perception
           |             |
           |             |

QUALITIES

Assets:
  Acute Sight (2)
  Fast (2)
  Internal Compass (1)
  Peripheral Vision (1)
  Tager (4)
Drawbacks:
  Duty (3)
  Fanatical (3)
  Habit, Moderate Addiction, Bliss (2)
  Skinny (2) or Exaggerated Symbiont (2) (depending on if Skinny would be -1 to Exsanguinating Touch)

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Vampire Tager
  Size: 8-9 ft Tall
  Exsanguinating Touch (+2)
  Barbs (+3) 25/50/150, 1, Infinite
  Limit: Bloodbath (+6)
  Armour: 3/3
  Regeneration: 1/3
  Senses: Broadband Audio, Nightvision, Scan, Thermal
  Movement: Climbing (Double), Flight (Double), Jumping (Double), Land (Normal)

INSANITY

Disorders:

EXPERIENCE

Total:
Spent:
Log:

POSSESSIONS
Augmented Reality Goggles
Belt Holster

SPELLS

ARMOUR

WEAPONS
CS-44 "Enforcer"
Composite Combat Knife
Machete
Steel Knuckles

WOUNDS

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Updated table:

CarnivalOfTheGoatEcho (Agility/CC)
DarklingEfreet
JadedVampire (Armored)
MuseShadow
Retro   Voidspeaker

And unless someone changes their mind, I think that's our team. :D

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Muse

Quote from: merashin on April 21, 2014, 03:35:04 PM
Oh god Muse, It's been so long since I've seen a My-Hime reference. Looking at Carn's post it appears that I am actually terrible at counting and there are 6 of you not 5. So, I guess the game's full up now. I'll post up the OOC thread soon, but, as I've said before, I'm away from all of my notes so I'll have to update the main post when I get home.

*laughs*  :)  You can have me as a player any time you want!  Mai Hime is priceless!

CarnivalOfTheGoat

All Cheats were spent on skill points. She's the most practical impractical little troublemaker ever.

I am swiping SEA-GREEN for her speech color.

Ylizaveta Petrovich Sheet
Concept, Characteristics and Attributes
  CONCEPT

Player:                Carnival of the Goat
Name: Ylizaveta        Callsign: Akula (Shark)
Virtue: Self-Confident Flaw: Rude

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height: 5'3            Weight: 125#
Hair: Bleached         Eyes: Blue-green
Coloring: Pale
Dist. Features: Mohawk, Russian prison tattoos
Birthday: January 19
Place of Birth: Archangelsk, Archangelsk Oblast, Russia

ATTRIBUTES

Agility     |   9/12   |    4/6
Intellect   |    5     |     2
Perception  |   4/6    |    2/3
Presence    |    4     |     2
Strength    |   8/10   |    4/5
Tenacy      |   7/10   |    3/5

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions:        1/3
Movement:     19/23
Reflex:       11/12
Orgone:         3/4
Vitality:     13/15
Drama Points:    10
Skills and Qualities
  SKILLS

Skill       |  Expertise  |  Attr. Base
------------|-------------|------------
Appraisal   | Student (1) |  Perception
Athletics   |  Novice (2) |     ***
Criminal    |  Adept (3)  |   Agility
Demolitions |  Novice (2) | Intelligence
Dodge       |  Adept (3)  |   Agility
Fighting    |  Adept (3)  |   Agility
Lang.Russian|  Expert (4) | Intelligence
Lang.English|  Novice (2) | Intelligence
Lang.Nazzadi| Student (1) | Intelligence
Literacy    |  Novice (2) | Intelligence
Marksman    |  Novice (2) |  Perception
Misdirect   |  Novice (2) |   Presence
Observation |  Novice (2) |  Perception
Occult      | Student (1) | Intelligence
Pilot       | Student (1) |   Agility
Reg. Knowled|  Novice (2) | Intelligence
Security    |  Novice (2) | Intelligence
Stealth      |  Adept (3)  |   Agility
Streetwise  |  Adept (3)  | Intelligence
Spec        |  Expertise  |  Skill
Eldritch Society Ninjitsu - Specialized - Fighting
Black Market Contacts - Specialized - Streetwise

QUALITIES

Assets:    Fast-2 (+1 Reflex, Movement Category +1)
           Natural Athlete-2 (+2 to Swimming)
           Tager-4 (Echo)
           Tager: Variant -1 (Agility Variant)
Drawbacks: Duty-3 (Eldritch Society)
           Exaggerated Symbiote-2 (Bitey and impulsive)
           Habit-2 (Alcohol)
           Ineptitude-2 (Computers - She's one of those people, her peek is constantly on the blink, and it is unwise to allow her near any high tech equipment you want to stay reliable. If she has to do lockpicking or sensor disarming work on heavily computerized systems (many of them are nowadays) she will need assistance from someone who is not cursed by the digital gods to be an avatar of static and power surges.)
           Misfit-1 (Red Punk)

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Echo Tager (Variant) REGENERATES 1 vitality/hr in normal form
+4 vs. Fear Tests when Transformed
Echo Tager, Variant
  ECHO: Agility and Close-Combat Variant
Size: Medium (6' tall)
Attribute Modifications: Agility +1/+4, Perception -/+2, Strength +1/+2, Tenacity +1/+3
Armor: 2/2
Regeneration: 3 vitality/turn
Fear Factor: 12
Senses: Acute Sense of Smell & Taste, Nightvision, Scan, Sonar, Thermal
Movement & Speed: Climbing (Double), Jumping (Double), Land (Double), Swimming (Nine Times Normal)

MELEE WEAPONS
Bite (+2+1) – The Tager’s mouth opens wide to bite down on foes and tear out chunks of flesh with its sharp teeth.
Claws (+2+1) – The Echo’s claws have developed into vicious weapons.
Electrified (+1) – Anything that physically strikes the Echo takes one die of damage, which can be reduced by armor. This also adds one extra die of damage to the Tager’s close quarters attacks. (This has already been added to the listing for Lizka's Bite and Claws so I don't forget it.)

LIMIT WEAPON
Frenzy (Special) – Once an Echo has smelled fresh blood, it may Frenzy for the next one to ten turns (one die). The Tager’s speed is doubled for the duration and it may take up to three Actions each turn at no Multiple Action Penalty, but each of these Actions must be used to attack (or move into position to attack). The Tager’s Bite damage is increased to +4 for this duration as well. If underwater, the froth the Echo generates during its Frenzy partially obscures sight in a three-yard radius around it. The Tager may come out of its Frenzy at will, but while it Frenzies it must continue to attack.
Status - Experience, Insanity, Wounds
  EXPERIENCE

Total:
Spent:
Log:

INSANITY
Disorders:

WOUNDS

Gear - Possessions, Armor, Weapons
  POSSESSIONS
PCPU; Wireless Com Unit; Digital Vid Recorder; Ratty Clothing (various); Halogen Light; Old Overcoat; Various small B&E Tools and Lockpicks*; Swiss Army Knife

ARMOR

WEAPONS
IZHMAZH 585 RMU revolver* (shhhhhh, it's a CS-32 pretending to be a wheelgun with a 5-round cylinder) in a concealable holster and with a laser sight bolted beneath a barrel sawn-off so short that it's practically a belly-gun.

* Same stats as CS-32, just 5-round magazine. She keeps her spares in moon clips so it reloads just as quickly as reloading any semi-automatic. Any of you who are gun-nuts probably noticed that 15mm is close to (ohgod) SIXTY caliber. It's a pretty insane bore diameter. Unless you are a REALLY big individual, you could probably stick most of your fingers down the barrel of one of CT's "15mm" handguns. Well, one at a time...I figure a Russian-manufacture 'homeguard' revolver made on the cheap under troubled times would be a big, clunky mess, something like a cross between the (real prototype) IZHMAZH MP-412 and the Samaritan. Since I'm making the weapon weaker, not stronger, by just reducing its magazine, I don't imagine this is a problem. The lockpicks and other tools (I imagine short jemmies, probably a foot-long crow's beak prybar, shims of various sorts including inflatables, etc.) have no real mechanical effect since CT doesn't run to 'must have a toolkit to do a skill' but I figure it's in keeping with who she is and what she does and one more reason to get in trouble if she's picked up with them in pocket.

Ylizaveta Description
Short and brutal. She wears the somewhat shredded, repurposed-military surplus gear common to the so-called "Red Punk" movement of what was once known as Russia. Her hair is trimmed and teased up into a wide, white-bleached mohawk which she occasionally frosts with faint traces of sea-green. Her default expression is a somewhat cruel and unpleasant-seeming moue - not quite a frown. She is restless, almost never still.

Her skin is the sort of pale that is common to certain north-eastern Europeans living near the arctic circle, which makes her tattoos strikingly visible. She has quite a few of them, some crude, some moderately well-done, but none done with the sort of precision one would expect from modern computer controls (or even good tattoo equipment). Only her face is unmarked...Well, except for a single black dot high on her cheek below her right eye.

Even in cold weather, she tends to wear coats and shirts with the sleeves torn off so that her tattoos are visible...Not to mention her well-developed arms. The girl clearly works out, and despite her small size moves with audaciously contained power. Her favorite coats are an archaic, powder-blue, Cossack cherkesska, on the back of which someone has stenciled a relic of a bygone era, an old ballistic missile submarine, and a fur-lined black naval greatcoat with a WW1-era Tsarist eagle adorning the back in white paint below the old Stalinist label "штрафбат" - "Penal Battalion". Lizka inevitably has a weathered telnyashka beneath her coat - the old Russian navy blue-and-white banded shirt - and any of several pairs of variously shredded military trousers, most of which have been so savaged that they barely reach the tops of her many-strapped-and-buckled, cracked, black leather boots.

The nature of Russian prison tattoos is such that she has much of her history written on her body, there in plain sight for anyone who knows the old codes to decipher. A meticulously carved spider resting in its web covers most of her right shoulder and upper arm. Wrapping the broad expanse of her left bicep is what looks to be a traditional Russian Orthodox iconic painting of a saint - if saints played cards and were in the habit of discarding an ace-high straight in clubs. On her forearms are entwined expanses of rose-studded thorn-vines...A heart is tangled in the left bramble, transfixed by a syringe. The three outer knuckles of her left hand each have a small orthodox cross on them, and the outer three fingers of her right hand are tattooed with decorative 'rings' just below the knuckles. A small scarab graces her left palm, and the word "мир" her right. Someone with expert knowledge (or the right database and plenty of time) could deduce that she has served three tours in the Zona, two as a youth offender, that she was the only underage criminal in her ring of thieves, was a drug addict, was convicted for armed robbery, and is both an orphan and an Anarchist.

...And there are bound to be more tattoos on her that aren't showing.

Another Orphan of the Aeon War

Little Ylizaveta was born in the old city of Archangelsk, by the Dvina on the edge of the great White Sea. She remembers looking out across the frozen ocean as a little girl, and the long, white nights of summer when the sun never truly set...And the tall, imposing figures of war machines, striding around the city and being built in the massive factories beside the ancient harbor.

The bugs came when she was barely six. The bugs came, and her father left. A few days later, she and her mother were uprooted in a panic, swept away in a human tide with all the others. She remembers the pressure of the crowds, the constant crying, and the scent of railcars filled with fear.

Where she truly grew up was in the terrible old city, Volgograd. Once Tsaritsyn, once Stalingrad. The city of desperation. The city of forlorn hope. The eater of men. It was overwhelmed with refugees. Tracers snapping up into the night sky, the looming shadows of mechs around the feet of the great statue atop Mamayev Kurgan. And the people. The people filling the streets, sleeping on every step of every stairway, carpets of people huddled together for warmth at night, rising in the morning to twist into long lines seeking rations or escape from the embattled city. The city of terrible hunger. It ate her mother soon after they arrived, and Ylizaveta never saw her again. Aleksei, the man who rented them a tiny space, barely a closet, never seemed to remember to turn her out into the crowds and snow.

In time, the threat became a bitter joke. He would come and go, bringing small crusts of food and tea. Never speaking of what he did. Only sometimes, sometimes, telling tales of what the city had once been. He left each night, returning with the dawn, then spending much of the day staring out the narrow window towards the distant sussurus and faint thunders of the war on the horizon. He never told her what happened to her mother. In time, she resented him, and she stole out on her own into the terrible city.

Within a year, she was arrested with a group of older girls and boys who had somehow burrowed and wriggled their way into back of an old building being used as a military warehouse. The medical kits they had tried to sell on the black market had serial numbers that were easily traced. The others were shot, but Ylizaveta was deemed too young, and sent off to what passed for a youth internment camp on the icy edge of the Volga. The children were put to various tasks, day after day. Carrying buckets of earth and rock up from where older children were digging new emplacements; sorting spills of glittering brass, which they pressed into magazines until their fingers bled; cleaning and repairing clothing and blankets for the city's massive refugee population...It never stopped.

After two years, she escaped, back into the nightmare city, simply running like all the rest when a Migou projectile somehow breached the air-defense and destroyed one of the buildings fronting the fence in the youth compound.

She had her first tattoos already, and they marked her way into another small and desperate gang of young criminals. She was free for almost as long as she had been imprisoned before the politsiya snapped her up again. As before, she refused to confess or to blame the others, and despite being a repeat offender, she was still too young to be executed. Little Lizka returned to the youth camps.

Her second escape was by more traditional means. Someone on the outside had made a deal with the guards and the warden. Slavers. Lizka spent a few weeks on the drugs she was given, and then, dimly, remembered yet more fires and explosions.

She dreamed in the drug-haze. Monsters, and fire, and her mother and father.

And she awakened in the tiny room with its tiny window through which the lights and guards along Lenina Prospekt could barely be seen between two other buildings. Aleksei's room. He brushed the spiderweb mark on her shoulder, the tattoo which was a life commitment, and stared at her soberly, before finally pronouncing the only judgement he would ever give over the time she spent missing.

"If you are going to be sneaking about, you had best learn to do a better job."

Aleksei trained her. She ran messages and small packages for him, sometimes to customers, or compatriots, other times secreting them in places that only someone who knew where to look could possibly find. Loose bricks that did not look loose. Corroding statues with holes chiseled in places that were reachable, but invisible from any angle. Gargoyles whose downspouts connected to no gutter. He taught her to steal, and to avoid being noticed, and to memorize and report back what she saw. He was doing something, she began to realize. Something very important to him, that had little to do with simple goals like wealth, or comfort. Perhaps, she decided, it was revenge.

She was willing to help with revenge. He had hurt the slavers (killed many, she later learned). He had rescued her. He was not her father, but...

If there was one thing the city had taught Ylizabeta, it was that you made do with what you had, and didn't cry over what you lost.

After the first year, Aleksei became more withdrawn, suddenly. He went out at night alone more often, leaving her little work other than instructions to stay put.

Ylizabeta was terrible at staying put. Of course she followed him, snuck out past the sensors and the wire and into the old fortifications that were no longer held. And that was how she learned that Aleksei was an Oборотень - a werewolf. Or something. A monster.

But the monsters he was attacked by were worse. They had waited for Aleksei to take something from one of the hidden spots he had taught her about, out here beyond the walls. Perhaps they had not know where he kept it, and had been waiting, stalking him. Perhaps it was coincidence that they ambushed him after he took out the package. But it was no coincidence that he killed five of them. None could keep up with him. The sixth, now. That one managed to get him from behind, while he was busy tearing the fourth and fifth apart. And then it was over as suddenly as it started.

The team of Tagers who had come to meet Aleksei arrived only minutes too late, finding the young girl crying over his body. A body which they could not leave lying.

That was the first time Lizka punched a Tager.

The recovery team didn't have what they came for, but they did have their cohort's body, and they did have a witness. They questioned her for an hour, but she knew that when captured the one thing to never do was talk, especially about what someone else was doing.

When they left, she followed them. Out into the ice, and the deadly realm of the invaders.

They were taking Aleksei.

Eventually, they realized she wasn't going to give up, and she had come too far. She would freeze if they abandoned her this far out. After a quick council, the Tagers decided she'd already seen more than enough...And if she had been Aleksei's ward, well...Then there was one final thing they could do for him.

The Eldritch Society absorbed the young, rebellious girl into its ranks. She was not the most problematic trainee they had ever had...But she was far from the least. They taught her, as best they knew, the truth. And eventually, when they had gained her trust, they learned from her. Learned about Alexei's movements, his tricks, the tiny fragments of carven stotne he had been assembling from the ruins - things which had once been buried under the cornerstones of churches a thousand years old to prevent them from rising again. Things which the war had released.

Eventually, their trust extended into a test. They released her out into the world again, with a job to do.
They released her back into Volgograd.

(FFFFFfffffffffff I just woke up with my face on my keyboard. I will finish this tomorrow.)

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

merashin

Alright, I've posted up an OOC thread. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=202256.0

I've still got to wait for Retro to finish application before we get started.

merashin

Duplicate tagers are fine by the way.

As long as you can explain how your character has that equipment then you can all of that excess equipment except for the blacksuit Jaded. That's a little harder to come by.

ChaoticSky

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Darkling on April 22, 2014, 04:29:30 PM
Mmm, does Real Cooking count as Art?

I'm personally inclined to say 'Yes' if we are talking 3-4 star chef. Unless it's teppanyaki, in which case it is probably Performance instead. ;D

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

merashin

I feel like Carn understands my wavelength as she keeps answering questions how I would.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: merashin on April 22, 2014, 06:08:05 PM
I feel like Carn understands my wavelength as she keeps answering questions how I would.

Excellent, the hypnotic suggestion is working. As may be, I'm still going to be careful to say 'I think,' or 'I believe,' and be damned sure it's not worded in any way that suggests 'I think Merashin would say...' ;)

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Teo Torriatte

Is there still room for another player?

Jaded

Some changes.  More equipment, I added the Agile variant, and I dropped Medicine so I could take the Variant Tager asset I had forgotten. 

CONCEPT

Player: Jaded
Name: Elizabeth Balery/Bathory
Callsign: Bloodwing
Virtue: Self-Confident Flaw: Vengeful
Tager: Vampire

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height: 5'8"           Weight:
Coloring:
Dist. Features:
Birthday: April 6
Place of Birth: New York

ATTRIBUTES

Agility     |  10/14   |    5/7
Intellect   |   5/5    |    2/2
Perception  |   8/10   |    4/5
Presence    |   4/4    |    2/2
Strength    |   4/6    |    2/3
Tenacity    |  10/13   |    5/6

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions: 3
Movement: 15 mph (37/9) or 21 mph (52/12)
Reflex: 8/10
Orgone: 12/14 (Access None)
Vitality: 12/14

SKILLS

Athletics  |  1-Student  |  Special
Communicati|  1-Student  |  Intellect
Computer   |  1-Student  |  Intellect
Education  |  1-Student  |  Intellect
Munitions  |  1-Student  |  Intellect
Observation|  2-Novice   |  Perception
Occult     |  1-Student  |  Intelligence
Pilot      |  3-Adept    |  Agility
(Combat Hovercraft, Large A-Pod Transports, A-Pod Personal Hovercraft)
Stealth    |  3-Adept    |  Agility
Surveillanc|  1-Student  |  Intellect
Survival   |  1-Student  |  Tenacity
Technician |  1-Student  |  Intellect

Armed Fight|  1-Student  |  Agility
Dodge      |  3-Adept    |  Agility
Fighting   |  1-Student  |  Agility
Marksman   |  2-Novice   |  Perception
Support Wea|  1-Student  |  Perception
           |             |
           |             |

QUALITIES

Assets:
  Acute Sight (2)
  Fast (2)
  Internal Compass (1)
  Peripheral Vision (1)
  Tager (4)
  Tager: Variant (1) (Agile, Armoured)
Drawbacks:
  Duty (3)
  Fanatical (3)
  Habit, Moderate Addiction, Bliss (2)
  Exaggerated Symbiont (2)

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Vampire Tager (Agile/Armoured)
  Size: 8-9 ft Tall
  Exsanguinating Touch (+2)
  Barbs (+3) 25/50/150, 1, Infinite
  Limit: Bloodbath (+6)
  Armour: 3/3
  Regeneration: 1/3
  Senses: Broadband Audio, Nightvision, Scan, Thermal
  Movement: Climbing (Double), Flight (Double), Jumping (Double), Land (Normal)

INSANITY

Disorders:

EXPERIENCE

Total:
Spent:
Log:

POSSESSIONS
PCPU
w/Stylish Armoured Carrying Shell
w/Holo-Interface Unit - All-in-one
Augmented Reality Goggles
Belt Holster
Concealed Holster
Back Holster
Clothes (Jumpsuit.  Tank-top/Shorts.  Business Suit.)

SPELLS

ARMOUR

WEAPONS
CS-44 "Enforcer"
M-65 Double-Barrel Shotgun
Composite Combat Knife
Machete
Steel Knuckles

WOUNDS

A quick and dirty background, hopefully it fits with the world history.  Not happy with it, but brings together most of my thoughts for the character.

Elizabeth joined the NEG Army at the age of seventeen (2079).  She excelled in training, going through basic before being accepted for flight training.  She spent several years supporting operations out of Juneau as a UCH-70 Werewolf pilot under the callsign Razorwing.  She was covering the evacuation in 2085 when she was shot down, after several days evading capture and attempting to reach friendly lines, she met up with a group of what she thought were refugees. 

The refugees turned out to be rather less than human, and between the crossfire from a Tager ambush and an Elib trying to take a piece out of her, Elizabeth was left on the verge of death.  She woke, several days later, in a hospital in NEG territory, a strange man standing over her bed with an offer.

A long period of training and preparation followed.  When she entered into the Rite of Sacred Union she was chosen by a Vampire, a symbiont that spoke to her love of the sky and bloodthirsty nature.  Her own love of raining death upon her enemies was magnified, leaving her a bit on the crazed and sadistic side.  Still, fiercely loyal to her comrades and her race, she is more than prepared to give her life in the line of duty. 

Elizabeth Balery was edited in NEG databases, her biometric profile switched to a false identity known as Elizabeth Bathory.  While she still regrets going AWOL, and leaving her previous identity as MIA, she knows she has found her true calling.

If Elizabeth doesn't have one of her licensed weapons visible, it is a good chance she has one of them concealed.  She feels naked without a sidearm, even able to transform.  She prefers direct and violent action, but when in combat prefers to take the roll of armoured scout and aerial support.  She prefers to sneak up on and ambush her enemies while others distract them.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Head is a bit too achey to permit the writing muse, so Ylizaveta's background is still unfinished, but I did put her Tager in and cleaned up her character sheet a bit so it's easier to locate/only look at what you need.

...and yes, her Ineptitude - Computers has everything to do with her symbiote's third CQ weapon (*Snap, crackle, pop*).

Yesterday, I was briefly bemused to note that we have an Elizabeth and an Ylizaveta, but it's easy enough to sort out: Liz is NOT Lizka (and definitely not Lizenka or Lizochka).

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Mnemaxa

Damn it, I didn't realize there was an asset cost for variant tagers. I'll take care of it when I get home.

Muse

Ack! 

Still need to do the new draft! 

Muse

This campaign calls for a lot of travel, right?  Makes a day job inappropriate. 

Mnemaxa

Fixed Soliquy, merely dropped a point of skill in Intimidate to cover the alternate tager cost.

Muse

Fixed here too.. 
Except I need to buy another Focus. 

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Muse on April 23, 2014, 10:34:28 AM
   This campaign calls for a lot of travel, right?  Makes a day job inappropriate.

It certainly sounds that way from Merashin's comment in the opening post:

QuoteYou will begin in the Merida arcology on the Yucatan Peninsula. You'll travel all around the world, so all of the Tager types will get a chance to act in their optimal environment. I also intend to have you guys metamorphose at some point or somehow empower your abilities if you are a para-psychic or sorcerer.

Lizka isn't corporate material anyway. The Society is pretty much her job and her family at this point, as I see it.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

merashin

There will be a fair amount of travel. You'll probably stay in one place for a month or two at a time (depending on which place it is), but that's just a warning of the future. You're characters won't know about it until it comes up.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on April 23, 2014, 04:16:14 AMYesterday, I was briefly bemused to note that we have an Elizabeth and an Ylizaveta, but it's easy enough to sort out: Liz is NOT Lizka (and definitely not Lizenka or Lizochka).
Solution my character is going to use: Beth and Veta  ;D

@Our Most Glorious And Benevolent Leader
Will this pack have been together for a while? Or are we a newly put-together gaggle?

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Darkling on April 23, 2014, 03:52:59 PM
Solution my character is going to use: Beth and Veta  ;D

Yes, yes. If you call her Lizochka publicly she'll have to punch you. More often.

Quote from: Darkling on April 23, 2014, 03:52:59 PM@Our Most Glorious And Benevolent Leader
Will this pack have been together for a while? Or are we a newly put-together gaggle?

This is an excellent question. I can see advantages and disadvantages to either answer. Additionally, regardless of whether we are or aren't, there's got to be someone resembling a leader. The higher-ups will demand it. Someone has to be responsible for our excesses reining us in.

The little anarchist calls "Not it."

Darkling, given their attitudes and what little you've said about your character so far, your Efreet probably feels quite certain she's who should be in charge. Whether or not anyone else agrees. XD

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

CarnivalOfTheGoat

It occurs to me that I should probably mention a bit more about the character than is currently in her (damn it, still unfinished, might stay that way 'til Friday as I'm mostly away from my computer) background.

Yes, she's got a tattoo that says she's an anarchist. Yes, she's a criminal brat with a long history of not cooperating with the System. Those are both in particular relevance to the Russian elements of the NEG. She's not dedicated to the downfall of anything authoritarian anywhere, nor is she going to insist that the murder be run according to voluntary and equal principles or any such silliness: when you're doing dangerous things there's often no time to sit and take a vote so it's useful to have one person calling the shots.

She is not going to be (too much of) a problem for the murder in terms of cooperation. The Society is as close as she has to a family, the Murder is as close as she has to a gang...And any opportunity to keep doing what her pseudo-adopted-father Aleksei was doing will keep her something resembling happy (Yes, she can be happy! She is not always aloof or sulky, but unless you enjoy listening to music that sounds like a handful of wrenches and a Finnish death metal vocalist dropped into a 55-gallon steel drum with a running chainsaw and rolled downhill, you're not likely to see her acting happy all that often). She's usually somewhat reserved unless she's listening to her music.

Well, that or when she's around good food.

Oh, and of course killing Dhohanoids will make her practically ecstatic.

But while she will respond negatively to pushing or overt assumptions of authority with a bit of a sneer, she's not going to be uncooperative for the sake of being uncooperative or anything like that. Nor is she a loner, as many characters with crapsack backgrounds are - as mentioned, she treats the murder as her gang.

So if anyone was concerned that 'oh great, we've got a loner murderhobo on the team,' then no, no we don't. Unless it's your character. ;)

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Retrokinesis

*sneaks in*

Oh, hello! This is your friendly neighborhood Voidspeaker reporting in. With my approval finished I'm finally here. Still working on background and integrating my floating artillery cloud into the group. Do we know what the in-game starting date is? I was thinking a xenomix, but that decides how old she can be.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Oh, hey, grats on your approval Retro!

Quote from: merashin on April 20, 2014, 05:02:43 AM
The game will be starting at the end of 2087, in October.

You will begin in the Merida arcology on the Yucatan Peninsula. You'll travel all around the world, so all of the Tager types will get a chance to act in their optimal environment. I also intend to have you guys metamorphose at some point or somehow empower your abilities if you are a para-psychic or sorcerer.

Just snagged this from the initial post in the forum. Welcome. :D

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

ChaoticSky

*chants* One of us. One of us. One of us.

Hehe. Welcome!

Muse

*waves to Retrokinesis *

Hiyas.  Weren't you going to run this game for us on Giant?  But we couldn't get players?

Teo Torriatte

If you are looking for players on Giant for a CT game, I would love to join!

ChaoticSky

Huh, now, i think my brain just skipped a gear, but i cannot for the life of me remember why a +4 ability that can only be used every other turn and uses two actions is worthwhile compared to a +2 ability that i can use freely. With two actions/turn, i can use the +2 twice, or the +4 once every other turn, so why would i use the latter?

Retrokinesis

Quote from: Muse on April 23, 2014, 09:38:30 PM
*waves to Retrokinesis *

Hiyas.  Weren't you going to run this game for us on Giant?  But we couldn't get players?
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone :).

I was originally, but there wasn't a lot of interest and it never got off the ground. Until merashin took over GMing and Carn suggested moving it over here, of course!

WIP below!

CONCEPT

Player: Retrokinesis       
Name:                  Callsign:
Race: Xenomix          Allegiance: Eldritch Society
Virtue:                Flaw:

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height:                Weight:
Coloring:
Dist. Features:
Birthday:
Place of Birth:

ATTRIBUTES

Agility     |    ?     |
Intellect   |    ?     |
Perception  |    ?     |
Presence    |    ?     |
Strength    |    ?     |
Tenacy      |    ?     |

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES

Actions:
Movement:
Reflex:
Orgone:
Vitality:
Drama Points:

SKILLS

|             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |
           |             |

QUALITIES

Assets:
Tager (4)
Tager: Rare (1)

Drawbacks:

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Voidspeaker Tager

INSANITY

EXPERIENCE

Total:
Spent:
Log:

POSSESSIONS

SPELLS

ARMOUR

WEAPONS

WOUNDS

Teo Torriatte

Oh. Okies, I guess I will wait to see if an opening presents itself then.

Muse

I actually linked you to that interest forum, Luna.

Teo Torriatte

Mhm and I made a character for it too.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lCJt-TNnnnopu3DbVjy2hNW9N0mHY1HZztUj_WLjIMA/edit

EDIT- ok so it wasn't done and people were kind of picking her apart, but I was trying.

ChaoticSky

Whew, been busy as all hell this week, got my crunch done now, significant portions of her fluff will be finished tomorrow.

Linky Poke me if i messed anything up.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Darkling on April 23, 2014, 10:27:49 PM
Huh, now, i think my brain just skipped a gear, but i cannot for the life of me remember why a +4 ability that can only be used every other turn and uses two actions is worthwhile compared to a +2 ability that i can use freely. With two actions/turn, i can use the +2 twice, or the +4 once every other turn, so why would i use the latter?

It would mean expending more points, but the only thing I can see that being beneficial for is:

Ancient Enemies: p.60
QuoteDemonic Uppercut (+4) – The Efreet may only use this attack every other turn. This attack uses two of the Tager’s Actions that turn, with the accompanying Multiple Action Penalties.

plus from p.46 of Vade Mecum:
QuoteKnife Hand (0) – This is a hard, straight-armed strike to soft tissue using the finger tips.

taking into account this paragraph, also on p.46 of Vade Mecum:
QuoteNote: Tagers in their shifted form can feel free to substitute an attack using their natural close quarters weaponry for any strike or kick in the Cascades.

and these paragraphs from p.46 of Vade Mecum:

QuoteEach Cascade discusses the philosophy, training, and look of the fighting style, the Skill Specialization required to use that Cascade, the fighting moves of the style and appropriate rules, and both three Action and two Action Cascades. You read Cascades just like a flow chart. Start with an opening move – most styles give you a couple of options. Follow the flow to choose a second move, and on to a third for a three Action turn. Each step of the way shows you your Multiple Action Test Penalty for that attack as well as what move you’ll be using so you can consult its specific damage and effects. It’s that easy.

QuoteBut what if you portray a Character who is only capable of one Action per turn? Cascades are still useful to these Characters, because having access to a Cascade means that you have access to the individual combat moves within it. So while your Character may not be able to pull off a flurry of attacks, he’ll still fight in a more sophisticated way than his untrained opponents. Even if your Character has the ability to pull off two or three Actions in a turn, you may choose to only perform one of the Cascade’s special moves as an attack and forego all Action penalties that turn.

Which means that IF your Efreet has neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenJAH!!!!BANG1!!!! training then they can make their one attack-per-turn-because-it-takes-two-actions AS IF it were Knife Hand which has a zero multiple-action penalty because it is the first step of a cascade and you can substitute any Tager Attack as one of your ninjuhttacks.

Which means that every other turn you can replace your two flaming fists (which you take a multiple attack penalty on) with a single MIGHTY BLOW (which you don't take a penalty on) but which does just as much damage.

And Lizzy can continue to be the kind of elitist snot that everyone knows all Efreet tagers are because most tagers (including the ones in this party) didn't take the advanced courses even though the Society offers them for all tagers.

We could get into discussions about the odds of two attacks at -2 each landing vs. one attack at -0 and whether it's better to have a slightly reduced chance to do two twice or put all the money on a single chance at slightly better odds, BUT LEAVING THAT ASIDE, there may be times when you only have the opportunity to get one attack in, either because the opponent is about to bug out (in which case you use the big hammer) or there may be times you want to do something else like, oh, move, or hug an oil barrel, or whatever it is you big fiery people do in a fight and THEN do a +2 damage hit instead of not being able to cuddle with Mr. Fluffy the Oil Barrel as well as getting a punch in.

EDIT: Note that getting ES Nernjer training will require you replacing the Tager specialized focus your character currently has on Fighting with that. But since it's explicitly designed so that Tagers can use it, there's no reason you shouldn't be using it at all times when in Tager form anyway...And, gee, hey, you can use it in weird little alien hybrid form, too...which you can't do with 'Tager'. ;)

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Also, just at a glance, remember that you can't raise skills to Expert or Master during character generation. You have to work for those.

You do get Expert in your own language for free (unless you're one of those weird alien hybrids oh-wait-you-are who chooses to divide their languages between English and Funny-Alien-Noises ;D).

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

CarnivalOfTheGoat

I guess I somehow didn't ever see the first post on GitP, Retro. I only saw the one which Merashin made.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Teo Torriatte

I would really love to get a chance to finish up and play the character I submitted.

merashin

I'm sorry, but I can't do that right now Luna. If I let you in then I'd have to let CIDE from Giant over here as CIDE asked before you did, and seeing as how I don't have any experience with running a PbP game (even though I've played in them and run non-PbP games before) 8 players might be too much. I'm fine with having you be second on the wait list though.

I think I'll get everything started once everyone's finalized their characters and I get my computer ready again (hard drive died, luckily my notes and books are hard copies). I'll set a deadline of Sunday for everything getting started (for the new hard drive to arrive.).

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Darkling on April 23, 2014, 10:27:49 PM

Because armor penetration rolls are separate for each attack, meaning your +4 attack every other turn is much more likely to penetrate 2 or 3 dice of armor than your two separate +2 attacks. 

ChaoticSky

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on April 23, 2014, 11:50:50 PM
Also, just at a glance, remember that you can't raise skills to Expert or Master during character generation. You have to work for those.

You do get Expert in your own language for free (unless you're one of those weird alien hybrids oh-wait-you-are who chooses to divide their languages between English and Funny-Alien-Noises ;D).
Aha, knew something looked off. Ill get that stuff fixed after work ^^

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: merashin on April 24, 2014, 02:38:46 AM
I'm sorry, but I can't do that right now Luna. If I let you in then I'd have to let CIDE from Giant over here as CIDE asked before you did, and seeing as how I don't have any experience with running a PbP game (even though I've played in them and run non-PbP games before) 8 players might be too much. I'm fine with having you be second on the wait list though.

I think I'll get everything started once everyone's finalized their characters and I get my computer ready again (hard drive died, luckily my notes and books are hard copies). I'll set a deadline of Sunday for everything getting started (for the new hard drive to arrive.).

Alright fair enough. I'll look in the meantime to see if anyone else wants to play in a separate game, and hopefully between the two I may still get to play my character at some point.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Since we have declared recruitment closed, we should probably move all further OOC discussion to the OOC forum so this post stops getting bumped.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek: