Life In The Ludis:Just about full, could use one or two more house slaves.

Started by Urbanzorro, February 06, 2014, 05:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsunami

To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

SGTDan

Awesome Divine!

Now Brutus has a mother to scold him too! Also Brutus isn't exactly a slave or barbarian but he also isn't a true Roman anymore...are the mother gloves still off?

Quote from: Tsunami on February 09, 2014, 11:41:26 PM
Is this still recruiting.. I am very interested
Yes,

Is a list I did of taken roles, accepted anyways. Currently we have another full gladiator submitted along with the wife.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Tsunami

SGTDan

“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Tsunami

Will have profile up in like 16 hours gotta sleep then work

Urbanzorro

There we go ;D also for reference, because it is mentioned in my character's profile. In terms of ancient Rome, a New Man (or Homo Novus in Latin) was term used for a man who was the first in his family line to be elected to the Roman Senate.

Lucius Flavius
by Urbanzorro
Role: Pater Familias
Gladiator Type: N/A
Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance Details: Lucius has a long scar running down the skin over his right ribs, a souvenir from his legion days. While he does not take part in any serious training he does pride himself on his health and as such remains suitably fit, especially for a man who could easily allow himself to gluttony.
Personality: There have been many things in Lucius's life that have sculpted his personality. Everything form time in legionary service, to watching his father mismanage the family into near collapse, to having his potential to become a 'new man' taken from him by said mismanagement has caused Lucius to be who he is today. He loves his family and wants only what is best for his children and wife, even if they sometimes don't seem to know what that is themselves. He values his gladiators and slaves as useful and valuable possessions but also believes that they simply are possessions to be used and discarded as needed. The few true friends he has, he holds very close. Anyone who knows him well will tell you that he is strong willed, determined, ambitious, cunning, and above all else steadfast in his belief that the family's future should come before all other considerations. Additionally he has a very high degree of dislike for his deceased father, being forced to live with the results of the man's poor choices and to clean up his mess has forever tarnished Lucius's memories of his father....so much so that he has often considered simply not placing a bust of his father within the room in the villa where the family's honorable memorabilia and the images of deceased family members are proudly displayed.
Bio: Lucius was born in a time when his family was strong and wielded both respect and influence. His grandfather, while not particularly forwarding the progress of the house Flavius, had managed in his time as Pater Familias to insure that the family name lost none of its luster.

As a young boy Lucius was groomed to eventually lead the family, run its businesses and, thanks the thus far continuous prospering of the family name, make an eventual attempt at senate office. If all went well he was to be a New Man, and raise the family's reputation even higher than it had ever reached before. Taught by the finest instructors, schooled in the art of training gladiators by his grandfather, and raised to have proper Roman values Lucius was on track to fulfill all the hopes that were placed upon him.

However things began to change as soon as Lucius's father took control. At twenty years of age Lucius's father arranged the marriage between Lucius and Aurelia, one of the few good decisions the man could be credited with. At age twenty-one, with his wife pregnant and the family seeming to be on a secure footing thanks to the alliance that his marriage had formed, Lucius was given the opportunity to serve in a position of command the legions during a minor campaign. This opportunity was bought through arraignments made by his grandfather when Lucius was but a boy. The importance of this would come into play in the future due to successful military service, especially in a high ranking position, being a key part of opening the path to political opportunity. Lucius served for three years, during which he learned much about the mindset of fighting men, strategic planning, political negotiations and even acquired Amethyst as a slave from a barbarian king who's territory Lucius secured as a client kingdom for Rome.

With his term of service fulfilled Lucius returned home high on success and looking forward the the bright future which lay ahead of him. Only to find that his father and nearly ruined the family while he had been gone. The next twenty-two years saw Lucius forced to watch as his father lost the family fortune piece by piece and drove them ever further to the brink of total loss. When his father finally died Lucius was in truth relieved that things had not progressed to a point where nothing could save the family's prospects. He must now attempt to pick up the pieces and reverse his family's fortunes.

Character's Ons: Just about everything, though Lucius has a special appreciation for dominating others. 
Character's Offs: Scat, mutilation,
Player's Ons: Up for anything except...
Player's Offs: Scat, blood play, mutilation
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

@TheLegionary: I'm assuming you in your character's bio you men Caesar Octavianus Augustus (Julius Ceasar's nephew, and the first emperor of Rome), if I'm right that's actually an issue with your character. Our game takes place during the age of the Late Republic, which is actually before Ceasar's rise, and assassination, and Octavian's struggle with Mark Antony. If you mean a different Augustus please let me know. If not please alter that portion of your character to fit the timeline we have. Other than that though he looks fine and I'll place him on my accepted list under the assumption that you are willing to make the needed alteration.

@EndofDivine: Accepted!

@Everyone: I updated the list of accepted characters at the top of the thread (and also pasted it below.) It looks to me like we are close to filling all the roles listed as required(by my count we are only missing one gladiator trainee) and with that in mind I'm actually of the mindset that we are good to start the game. So, I'll probably have an I.C. thread up sometime tomorrow or Tuesday (work contingent) and have already posted up a central O.O.C. thread please feel free to chat it up on there and discuss any desires for preexisting feelings and such between characters, etc.

Also, if anyone would like to volunteer as a co-gm/gm helper/whatever you choose to call it please let me know. It would probably be of great help! (though not required if no one us up for it)

Our current take/open roles list

Pater Familias: Urbanzorro as Lucius Flavius
Wife: EndofDevine as Aurelia Flavius
Eldest Son: SGTDan as Brutus Flavius
Son: Vanetias as Galvius Flavius
Eldest Daughter BarbaraGordon as Livia Flavius
Daughter Another of Lucius's daughters. Being prepared for life as a proper Roman woman
Daughter Another of Lucius's daughters. Being prepared for life as a proper Roman woman
Head House Slave Foxy Oni as Illyria
House Slave Whtbitch4u2own as Amethyst
House Slave One of the many enslaved servants within the Flavius house hold.(may be male or female)
House Slave One of the many enslaved servants within the Flavius house hold.(may be male or female)
Doctore Kcrunch55 as Marius
House Champion (Gladiator) IrishWolf as Conchar
Full Gladiator GnothiSeauton as Ada
Full Gladiator TheLegionary as Julius Flavius Severus(pending required edits)
Full Gladiator A fully trained gladiator of the house Flavius, these warriors have completed their training, earned the mark of the gladiator, and now serve the family in the arena. (may be male or female)
Gladiator Trainee Odanrav as Vissius
Gladiator Trainee Bubby as Ryann ap Elim
Gladiator Trainee An as of yet untrained gladiator to be. Whether they succeed or fail in their training remains to be seen (may be male or female)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

SGTDan

I can volunteer for the helper role since that is what I've been doing lately.

For your ease I do have a linked list back a few posts for you to use. Also I love how both Brutus's parents are complete opposites to him, it will make for interesting discussions. Also I changed my Legion to the Legio XXI Rapax which, (After hours of reading and research) was stationed in the province of Reatia (Modern day Switzerland) before the Gallic wars. I am surprised about the lack of information on Legions in the Republic era.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

IrishWolf

If you need any help in a GM manner or in working out a plot point, feel free to hit me up.

TheLegionary

Urbanzorro,
You are correct. I missed that detail and I will change the details accordingly in order to move his background some 100 years before.
Anything else besides that?
Regards,
TL

AlexStone

Alright, here's something I've finally.. pounded out.  Heh. Still working on a picture.

Picture shamlessly ripped off.  Alexandros on the left, his friend The Wolf on the right before games to celebrate the anniversary of the Battle of Zama.

Agrippa, though he goes by Alexandros these days.  Fans of gladiator games back in North Africa called him "Just Missed."
by Alex Stone

Role: A Gladiator

Gladiator Type: Hoplomachus, as befitting his "Greek heritage."

Age: Late twenties.  He's pretty sure it's somewhere in there.

Orientation: Of the "I could be dead tomorrow, you know" persuasion.

Appearance Details: Tall and wiry, Agrippa/Alexandros keeps his dark hair short.  His skin has tanned quite abit from his time in North Africa, and his musculature is pretty well developed for someone without access to modern weight training and protein.  He has a few scars from his fights, but not that many- he gets to wear a lot of armor, after all, and a lot of attacks just missed anyway.  He tends to smile quite a bit, and so generally appears happy outside the ring.  Inside, it's hard to tell if he's enjoying himself, or just getting to business.

Personality: Agrippa/Alexandros is generally on the smart/lazy side of the equation.  He's won more than a few matches by cunning and noticing weaknesses of his opponents.  Outside of the arena, he generally trains and then relaxes around the training school- he doesn't volunteer for any extra work, though he gets it sometimes, like everyone does.  Given his life, he's developed a gallows sense of humor that permeates his life.  He's not going to live forever, or much longer, and he's probably never earning a rudus or freedman's cap, and he'll never have a family, so he tries to cover that up with dark, occasionally bloodsoaked, humor.  While out on a special job, that he's getting to be famous for, he tends to get the job done quickly and as part of a cunning plan.

Bio: Agrippa was born in Siracusa (Syracuse) on Sicily.  According to Philonikos, the old man who raised him and claimed to be his uncle, his mother was a prostitute, and he was a hazard of the trade.  Also, she died giving birth to him.  At least, that's the story Philonikos told, though Agrippa thinks she might have died for some other reason, since there's no mention of a wetnurse anywhere in the stories he was told about his life.  Philonikos taught him to speak Greek, and even read a little Latin and Greek, but not too much, and he tries to pretend he can't read anything.  No sense in giving the impression he's above his station.  He learned to fight as a kid, when the other kids in his neighborhood claimed that Philonikos only took Agrippa in to use him for sexual gratification. (This wasn't true. Philonikos couldn't get it up, despite his best efforts when Agrippa got older.  Not that Agrippa minded at the time.)  When Philonikos died, Agrippa changed his name to Alexandros, and tried to join a a street gang.  Along the way, he got noticed by the owner of a gladiator school in the city in a street fight, and he offered to train Alexandros.  Given he had no future anyway, selling himself into slavery made some sense, so he signed on.  After a few years of hard training, Alexandros was sold into the arenas in North Africa.  He worked the circuit there for most of his early 20s, winning more than he lost.  As he got older, his owner's patron asked him to do some bodyguarding work, which he did, since he could earn extra money that way to waste on gambling, wine and loose women.  This moved up to other jobs, like the occasional theft, kidnapping and murder of unimportant people. 

While he's valuable enough as a gladiator, its really his skill in these sorts of side jobs that led to his sale to the Flavii in Pompeii.  He's looking forward to getting into some matches with Italian gladiators, checking out the city, and seeing what sort of trouble his new patron will want to use him for.   

(I see my first post in the game being his arrival at the villa- he's literally just gotten here.)

Character's Ons: Novelty, these days.  Since he doesn't have long to live- as a man who engages in deadly combat for entertainment- he might as well try something new.  Or new people, and there are a lot of those!

Character's Offs: He's never really seen the point in raping someone.  After all, everyone else might as well enjoy it, too!

Player's Ons: I'm game for whatever comes up, more or less.  I'm willing to explore a little.

Player's Offs: Nothing too extreme- pain for pain's sake, extended torture, that kind of thing.

Zattara

I would like to throw my hat in for one of the slave roles. I'll write up a character bio in the next day or so and post it here. Reading through the thread, I still think you're looking for people to join, but if not, please excuse this post!

Urbanzorro

@IrishWolf: Thanks I'll be sure to hit you up if more help is needed.

@TheLegionary: Thanks, and yes that's the only correction/change needed.

@AlexStone: Looks good, I'll add him to the list once he has an image.

@Zattara: No, we can still use people. Feel free to cook someone up.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Tsunami

Titus
by Tsunami
Role:  Gladiator trainee
Gladiator Type: Dimachaerus
Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance Details: He was a imposing looking man, with his tall stature, golden colored skinned and a rather harsh looking scar that rested just below his left eye. His hair was kept long, only to add to his intimidating physcique.
Personality: He embraces his life as a gladiator as if it is the only life worth having. He is driven to one goal, that is to be champion.
Bio:
         He can not remember a time were he was not a slave.  Titus grew up in a small Vila outside of the city,  tending fields, cleaning stalls and other manual task that most proper Roman's would considered beneath them. He grew into a young man there and his master saw something different in him, his long hard days into the sun had turned him into a rather impressive man.  It was then he decided to make a profit and sold him to Ludis  for gladiator training.
         Being a slave for so long, having the chance to be elevated to gladiator filled him with joy and it was then he felt so purpose.  He dug into the training grease put through, trying to be the best untill he is accepted as a full gladiator.

Character's Ons:not entirely that sexually experienced,  he is up for most anything.
Character's Offs: Humilition
Player's Ons:i am pretty open to most things.
Player's Offs: Scat, golden showers

SGTDan

Everyone if you haven't been notified yest both OOC and IC are up on the OP.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Urbanzorro

That's right, the I.C. and O.O.C threads are up and the game has started. I'll allow further characters for about another dayish in case there is still anyone who wants to join in. A current list of characters can be found in the O.O.C. Thread.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

ABV0331

Curious if there is space for another recruit? interested in joining your role, if only start at the bottom roles are available then very well. Just would love to get into this time era group type of role.
Always up for a fight.
Always down for a drink.
Always there for a toke.
Always here for a smoke.

Urbanzorro

If you're quick We might be able to squeeze you in. Especially because we had a player drop just before game start. Go ahead and cook something up and I'll let you know.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

ABV0331

"Hamarolf" No full name was ever found for him by the romans, though upon his capture they called him Malleus (Hammer) because of his weapon choice.
by ABV0331
Role:Gladiator/slave (not sure which is which since most start as a slave lol?)
Gladiator Type: Non Orthodoxam, prefers long handled weapons, leaning towards heavy axes and hammers.
Orientation: Heterosexual

Appearance Details: Hamarolf stands taller than nearly every man in his family. A solid 6'2" (Keeping this time appropriate, but if we all are a bunch of 6'6" giants sorry for the mix up lol). When in the "arena" Hamarolf prefers to wear only leg armor and at times he will cover his lower torso with leather wrapping, but he refuses to carry a shield, or wear anything on his arms and chest. At times he wears a simple bucket helm when it is needed, IE two weapon fighters. He has a three very deep scars, one on his right thigh from his knee to his upper thigh that was from a obvious sword slash. Another is a deep scar on his left calf that is on both sides, it is the exact width of a roman gladius, an obvious stab wound. The last is what made him be allow to live, they thought it killed him and stopped attacking, a deep stab wound scar in the center of his rather solid stomach. A spear tip width.

Personality: Hamarolf is often mistaken for insane, often found speaking in his northern tongue to himself, or singing in the same tongue. Though when armed, he seems to snap out of whatever trance he is in while chained. He speaks only when spoken to when around Roman's, and being in Roman camps and slave markets, he picked up enough to understand the Roman tongue. When around other slaves and gladiator types, he keeps his words to a minimum unless they are needed. Often looked at like the mean uncle in the corner.

Bio: Hamarolf is the third son of eight, his father was a smith of his village, making the iron of their land into the weapons that killed many Romans as they charged up north through Germania and finding the Gutones ready. Although his father was a smith, he and every single one of his brothers became hunters and warriors, only his sister kept the craft, the runt of their litter. Most of his brothers learned the shield and axe, or the axe and sword. Hamarolf being the third in line, but the biggest of his family, he picked up a large spear instead. Then a double headed axe. Then a hammer his father made for just him. With a 35 pound head, a 5 foot handle, and made from oak strong enough to block a roman sword, it was his choice weapon. When the romans finally made it to their lands far to the north, Hamarolf and his seven brothers armed themselves and joined the front lines of the ambushes.

They were a frightening group, as they all fought together, brutally killing and viciously protective of each other. Hamarolf oldest brother, their leader, Gildolf carried his fathers hand made shield, a massive steel beast laid over leather and wood between the steel outside. Gildolf also was the head of the snake for the eight of them, he controlled the rage they used and the violence they produced. So when there was no more room for ambushes and there was no choice but to fight head on, Gildolf kissed all of his brothers heads and told them "Let this be the day we eight die. The romans won't have it any other way." Two hours later all but Hamarolf laid dead. The romans advanced slowly behind their shields to the lines, and the brothers viciously threw themselves onto them with their clan's front line, one even standing on the top of the roman testudo trying to make the roman's drop their shield under his weight. It was utter chaos for the entire battle. In the end Hamarolf had drug his brothers' corpses to him as the roman's slashed into the lines of the Gutones. Seven bodies were piled behind Hamarolf as he was the last left and refused to fight forward anymore. He swore he would defend his brother's bodies and die with them. Hamarolf was found at the end of the battle with his hammer next to his bleeding body, a spear three feet long sticking out of his stomach, and all told 35 dead Romans piled in a circle around him where he had killed them.

For months after that Hamarolf was moved further and further south, originally he was intended to heal on the trip and work to death in the quarry considering his large size. Though the sudden need and want for gladiators meant that in every slave market the merchant stopped in he was offered more than what he paid for Hamarolf. The shere size of him, not to mention he was an obvious Germanian as he was pale as a ghost, and in the southern son he was often sun burned from hours under the heat though being a Northman he never could really tan, these all grabbed the attention of slavers heading for Roma and Pompeii while his current owner waited for the night in a former Carthage settlement. After a few days the merchant was offered too much, Hamarolf was sold out from slavery to the mines to slavery to the islands. The entire trip was finally ending, and Hamarolf was pulled off the boat in chains on this island, with a mountain unlike anything in the north Hamarolf had ever seen. "Pompeii, your new grave." The slaver laughed lightly as he said it and pulled the loin cloth clad Germanian behind him. Along with ten other slaves all chained together, the anchor being the giant in front.

Character's Ons: Scars & Red hair.
Character's Offs: Weak willed women.
Player's Ons: I do not judge, nor do I get hung up on bullshit. So whatever happens happens, I only have three real hard limits.
Player's Offs:No castration or limb removal, just kill him instead lol. Not into smell or feet or armpit or whatever other fetish you can put next to those and make sense, keep it sexual don't randomly shove a foot in his face lol. Lastly, he is heterosexual, that does not mean he his homophobic, but it does mean if anyone is getting the idea of man on man in the shower, it will be non consensual with this character so prepare for a fight if you want the Germanian! lol

Ok damn I need a cig, one hour later after I started here it is lol. Anyways let me know how bad I screwed it up and ill make sure its in good shape! Yes I know the Vikings are Way ahead in time frame for the roman's it is just the picture I used, I matched the Germanian background up as best as needed I think.
Always up for a fight.
Always down for a drink.
Always there for a toke.
Always here for a smoke.

bubby

Derwaysh

I am seeing a lot of wicked profiles and writing.

May I toss my hat in the ring? In case someone drops out and you need a replacement, Urbanrozzo?

Thank you for your consideration.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Urbanzorro

@ABV0331: Looks good to me, accepted! ;D

@Derwaysh: What sort of character are you looking to have?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Derwaysh

I am great with both PCs and NPCs. You certainly have a direction for this wicked endeavour however, and I can offer a gladiator trainee if that's the case. (renegade Persian Murmillo).

I can also offer various NPCs from corresponding Ludus, say... cannon fodder for the trainees. Perhaps an archnemesis who's owner of the other ludus, Someone good Flavius must overtake to make his true name, we can always arrange for that/let it pan out, etc.

Other female NPCs who are required for the fray, etc.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Deamonbane

I am in need of a Gladiator RP.... you guys still looking?

Was looking to try a Rudiarius Gladiator that was formerly affiliated to the Family, now returning because... well, he needs the coin...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."