News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest Check: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Started by Togashi, January 17, 2013, 07:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Togashi

(Current ratio standings: 6 Male / 4 Female)

"Duel Academy Online, the brand new virtual world dedicated to Dueling. Supposedly set in the world of monsters that the Duel Monsters come from, characters will be able to encounter countless people from around the globe, as well as their favorite characters from the hit card game. Every adventurer's deck is unique to themselves, allowing each player a unique experience when exploring the world! Join the game, and have some fun!"

This was what the box had said on the back. And after installing the game, with the system needed to play it, you waited patiently for the countdown to hit zero, just like everyone else. Kaiba Corp was broadcasting everything they could about the game, even showing people in game footage of various NPCs and 'combat zones' and such. But as a student at the Duel Academy, you had nothing to worry about, since it was all free. The head master had even said, short of a small handful of classes, most would take place in this world anyway since a few teachers had the ability to 'watch' whatever you did.

When you see the clock hitting ten seconds, you type your log in information, readying to play. Clicking log in, you leave your computer, going to your bed you lay on it and slip the Sensory Input device and goggles on. As they lock into place there's a readout in the goggles before a white light engulfs you. As you look around, you see nothing of yourself, even though you can feel your hands moving. As you lift your hand up to your face you still see nothing, before character creation options appear.

What role will you play?

-------------------------------------------------------
I would prefer people stick to a theme with their deck. You are a student at the Duel Academy. With that said if Synchro monsters are going to be used, please insure it's theme appropriate to your deck. I'm not going to allow XYZ cards.

If you have an idea for an original card, you need to run it by me to get it approved. This means adding cards to an existing archetype, or even making up original ones yourself. I'll allow them but run them by me. This also goes for cards in the manga/anime that haven't been translated/released in card sets in english or what have you. Show me what it does and I'll make a judgement.

Character Thread
Island Thread This is where all RPing outside of the 'virtual world' is done.
Virtual Thread
OOC
-------------------------------------------------------

Name:
Personality:
Background:

Deck

Rules

When in a duel you must have your name, location, and opponent listed in a 'header' followed by your actions. The end of your post should have something like this:

LP: XXXX/X000
Deck: X
Hand: X

Graveyard

Removed from Play

Field:[Empty Slot]

Monster Card Zone:
[Empty Slot] [Empty Slot] [Empty Slot] [Empty Slot] [Empty Slot]

Spell/Trap Card Zone:
[Empty Slot] [Empty Slot] [Facedown] [Empty Slot] [Empty Slot]

My DICE ID: 39953
(Note: If the roll is not sent TO ME, or in a case where I am your opponent, SILK, you must reroll, no exceptions, not even for me.)

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Togashi

Are you gonna vote for option 1 or option 2?

AidenWhite

Two sounds cooler and different, so I'll go for two.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

apygoos

option 2 here, though im not opposed to option 1

DarkNevaeh

Togashi

So Dark votes we're students at an academy with access to some strange online dueling virtual world. XD

DigitLninja

Yes I am interested, I pick story number 2 over number one... or perhaps this cyber world could be Duel Academy Online?
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Togashi

That might be the name I use for it. XD But so far we seem to have all hands on deck for option 2. I'm more than happy to have that. If we can get some more prospects. Looking for more female characters though. Would be less fun without them. For now though if we get another vote for option 2 I will flesh out the world in greater detail.

Silk

Very interested, If you was also up for it you could even kind of take Season 3 (I think) of Yu-gi-oh GX where the academy gets taken to a different reality by Yubel. If that was of interest

Togashi

i'll have to take your word for it. I'm somewhere in season 2

Silk

Togashi

Oh believe me you're not spoiling anything Silk. ^.^ Well I guess we have enough votes for now. I'll flesh out the world and edit the first page when I'm done.

Togashi

Alright. Edited the first post to include basic character sheets.

Silk

Name: Narumi Karin
Sexual Preferences: Submissive Bi-Curious
Personality:A young energetic girl that due to living in the shadow of her famous sister has had to temper her emotions and grow aloof to protect her sister's image, wanting to become a singer and longing to be able to open up and have friends, but has difficulty trusting others due to people in the past just using her to get closer to her sister.
Background: After both her parent's died in an accident when she was young, Narumi has been under the care of her sister for as long as she can remember, desperate and willing to do anything for her younger sister Hikari Karin had managed to become a famous actor in a short amount of time due to her talents.

Thanks to her older sister's profession and popularity Narumi had little need for anything, she had plenty of money to afford whatever they wanted, but Hikari was rarely around due to the requirement's of her work, this left Narumi on her own the majority of the time, regularly being home schooled, it didn't take long for opportunists to try and take advantage of Narumi's good nature in an attempt to try and get closer to the personal life of Hikari. The resulting event's breaking Narumi's trust in people as a slander story attempted to try and capitalise on her sister risked her image, after a lengthy court case the story was revoked, and Narumi was forced to move to a rural area of Japan so the press would leave her alone.

It was here that Narumi discovered her love for singing, spending many hours of the day on Karaoke machines when she wasn't being schooled. One night Hikari came home for a supprise visit, and instead she was the one supprised as she watched her sister sing, impressed she sat down with her and over many days they spoke on what Narumi would like to do with her talent.

They had finally agreed that the best way for Narumi to become a great singer was to jump-start her career through the popular sport of Duel monsters, since she was coming of age to apply for the Academy, unfortunately Narumi's skill at Duel monsters was a great deal weaker than her ability to sing. It would be a long haul for her to get enough skill at Duel monsters so she would be noticed but then that's what the Academy was for, to teach people how to be professional Duelists.

Current Deck

01White Magician Pikeru
02White Magician Pikeru
03White Magician Pikeru
04Ebon Magician Curran
05Ebon Magician Curran
06Ebon Magician Curran
07Princess Curran
08Princess Curran
09Princess Curran
10Princess Pikeru
11Princess Pikeru
12Princess Pikeru
13Magician's Valkyria
14Magician's Valkyria
15Dark Magician Girl
16Dark Magician Girl
17Fire Princess
18Fire Princess
19Blizzard Princess
20Blizzard Princess
21Trial of the Princesses
22Trial of the Princesses
23Trial of the Princesses
24Hidden Armory
25Hidden Armory
26Malevolent Nuzzler
27Malevolent Nuzzler
28 Burden of the Mighty
29Burden of the Mighty
30Mystical space Typhoon
31A Rival Appears!
32A Rival Appears!
33Pikeru's Second Sight
34Pikeru's Second Sight
35Pikeru's Circle of Enchantment
36Pikeru's Circle of Enchantment
37Magician's Circle
38Magician's Circle
39 Magic Cylinder
40Mirror force

Future Deck

01Fortune lady Light
02 Fortune lady Light
03 Fortune lady Light
04 Fortune lady Dark
05 Fortune lady Dark
06 Fortune lady Dark
07 Fortune lady Water
08 Fortune lady Water
09 Fortune lady Water
10 Fortune lady Fire
11 Fortune lady Fire
12 Fortune lady Wind
13 Fortune lady Wind
14 Fortune lady Earth
15 Fortune lady Earth
16 Rai-Mei   
17 Catoblepas and the Witch of Fate
18 Kinka-byo
19 Dimensional Alchemist
20 Solitaire Magician
21 Future Visions
22 Future Visions
23 Future Visions
24 Fortune's Future
25 Fortune's Future
26 Allure of Darkness
27 Different Dimension Gate
28 Different Dimension Gate
29 Magical Blast
30 Mystical space Typhoon
31 Mystical space Typhoon
32 Magical Dimension
33 Magical Dimension
34 Return from a different dimension
35 Compulsory evacuation device
36 Compulsory evacuation device
37 Mirror Force
38 Inherited fortune
39 Slip of fortune
40 Slip of fortune
41 Torrential tribute
42 Magic Cylinder   

DigitLninja

I am going to ask right now, anyone upset if I use Brain Control?
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Orochimaru

I suppose I could put my foot in the door. Assuming no one has a problem with me joinin?

Togashi

I'm not stopping recruiting but we need more females. ^.^ Or people playing females. ^.^

Orochimaru

Lightshock16

I'm interested but I only play Male ^^;

EDIT: WIP Form:

Name: Mark Terrazi

Sexual Preferences: Straight

Personality: Mark is usually a pretty happy person. he's fun-loving, and also one to enjoy life to its fullest, and always do things for entertainment. Sometimes though, particularly when he's down, he can be pretty cold, and sometimes even cruel and unkind, even though he usually doesnt mean what he says. He has a very big heart, and after The Tragedies of losing his Family, will often put his Life on the line to defend those he care's for. He can though, have a temper problem at times, and it's usually better to stay away from him if he's angry. When it comes to Duel Monsters, Mark loses any form of Distraction, and focuses on the task at hand.

Background: Mark is a young Man who hails from the United Kingdom. He's been Dueling Ever Since He was 10 year's old, and became Very Fond of using Warrior-type monster's, as he is also a big fan of Warrior Action Movies and Fantasy RPG Computer Games. He currently live's in a small Apartment in Reading England, Currently Working in Retail. He plan's to go to University, but Decided to Sign up for this Duel Academy Program, Not only because of his love for the game, but also to see If He could use this to find out what he wanted to do in Life.

His Skill Is Relatively Average, but He's won a few Local Tournament's here and there, But while he does get serious in Duel's, He usually doesn't take it too hard If He is Defeated.

Deck - Sword Arts

01. Armed Samurai - Ben Kei
02. Command Knight
03. Command Knight
04. Command Knight
05. D.D Warrior Lady
06. D.D Warrior Lady
07. D.D Warrior Lady
08. Destiny Hero - Defender
09. Destiny Hero - Defender
10. Exiled Force
11. Exiled Force
12. Freed The Matchless General
13. Gilford The Legend
14. Gilford The Lightning
15. Marauding Captain
16. Marauding Captain
17. Marauding Captain
18. Mataza The Zapper
19. Noble Knight Joan
20. Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight
21. Sword Hunter
22. Valkyrie Knight
23. Valkyrie Knight
24. Warrior Lady of the Wasteland
25. Warrior Lady of the Wasteland
26. Axe of Despair
27. Fusion Sword Murasame Blade
28. Fusion Sword Murasame Blade
29. Lightning Blade
30. Mage Power
31. Mage Power
32. MegaMorph
33. Reinforcement of the Army
34. Ribbon of Rebirth
35. The A. Forces
36. The Warrior Returning Alive
37. The Warrior Returning Alive
38. United We Stand
39. United We Stand
40. Call of the Haunted
41. Call of the Haunted
42. Desperate Tag
43. MetalMorph
44. Mirror Force
45. Mirror Force

ZameRagues

WIP

Name: Zame Ragues
Sexual Preferences: Straight
Personality:
Background:

Banished Darkness

01 Damage Eater
02 Damage Eater
03 Damage Eater
04 Dark Crusader
05 Dark Crusader
06 Dark Crusader
07 Dark Hunter
08 Dark Hunter
09 Dark Hunter
10 Necro Gardna
11 Necro Gardna
12 Necro Gardna
13 Phantom of Chaos
14 Phantom of Chaos
15 Pitch-Black Warwolf
16 Pitch-Black Warwolf
17 Dark Grepher
18 Dark Grepher
19 The Dark Creator
20 Dark Armed Dragon
21 Chaos Hunter
22 Dark Voltanis
23 Dark Nephthys
24 Darklord Zerato
25 Rainbow Dark Dragon
26 Monster Reborn
27 Monster Reincarnation*
28 Burial from a Different Dimension
29 Veil of Darkness
30 Veil of Darkness
31 Allure of Darkness
32 Pot of Duality
33 Pot of Duality
34 Card Destruction*
35 Dark Illusion
36 Dark Illusion
37 Defense Draw
38 Defense Draw
39 Rainbow Life
40 Rainbow Life
41 Escape from the Dark Dimension
42 Escape from the Dark Dimension
43 Raigeki Break
44 Raigeki Break
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

AidenWhite

Yeah, getting females in games like these is kind of hard. I could make a character whom is asexual and his only desire is to become the greatest duelist in the world.

I've got a character idea going but I need time on the deck so...

*reserved*

^^
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Togashi

Well I'm not demanding more, but it would be nice to have a higher female to male ratio. Right now we have like 2f/3m if we're counting just female characters. Always fun though.

Orochimaru

Until something changes within the next 24 hours or so. I'll stick to what we talked about Togashi. Fair enough man?

Togashi

Assuming you removed the card I disallowed, then yeah that's just fine. But you can play any kind of character you want Oro.